What are Yammer users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Yammer software through verified user reviews

• icon"Used this in a big corporation nationally and is a great means to communicate with multiple departments and ensure everyone has the same information."
  • icon"Being able to communicate with many organizations in my company is great and useful. It is easy to use and organized."
  • icon"It combines professional work with a fun side, where I can share ideas with my colleagues, as well as, any other things from my daily life that I may want to share with them."
  • icon"The way it displays/sorts the feed is just confusing and unintuitive. Makes it hard to find specific posts."

Browse all Yammer Reviews

• Have you used Yammer and would like to share your experience with others?

Kipp

Good for Company Internal Social Media

Pancham

August 2022

Robust collaboration and inter-company social media application

Pros

Using it daily as my organization and its people post news, updates and the latest happenings. Easy to use, interact with other employees and collaborate across companies within the organization.

Cons

No cons as per my experience and use case.

Kristin

Great for Community Enagement

Overall, for a larger company I would recommend Yammer, it can sync well with all your Microsoft products and it is a fast and efficient way to spread a message to a large amount of employees at the same time! Yammer can hold the messages, documents, trainings, videos so that you can still review them at your leisure as a user and still participate in the comments! I will say that if you are watching a live feed and trying to keep up with the comments and questions being posted, that can be a little tricky- maybe a bit delayed at times, but don't worry all the posts will be saved to review at a later time! If you have a smaller office, this may not be as beneficial, so if it is a monetary investment for your company but you have a small group, there maybe another product with Microsoft, like Teams, that may work better or even steering away from Microsoft products there are many other products that could be used, but would not be great for larger groups!

Pros

This is a great software to get everyone in the company (or community) involved! You can post updates to share company wide and all of those who have joined Yammer can not only access the details, attachments and/or videos attached, but the users can also comment and hold conversations about the topics posted. This system will also house documents, training, videos, company updates, polls, monthly updates, even just fun community chats (non business related)! I would recommend this product as a good way to keep LARGE companies "in the know" across the company- a great way to share updates and information with a large company. I am a big fan of all Microsoft products, but for a small company I do not know that adding the extra investment would be monetarily beneficial- as there are smaller systems that would work just as well on a smaller scale!

Cons

The only con that I have experience is more of a "user settings" I would love to be able to exclude myself from several emails that I receive on what seems like a daily basis, however I have found a work around to just route the emails to a non-important folder until I do have time to review them! The only other hard thing that I have noticed when it comes to Yammer is when/if you are watching a "live feed" it can be a little confusing to keep up with the most recent comments/questions being posted while the feed it continuing.

End user perspective

Overall, Yammer is a great tool to implement to provide employees with a safe area to share their news with their wider colleagues.

Pros

Many of my clients have adopted Yammer as their way to share success stories within their organisations. They have successfully integrated Yammer within their intranet homepage to allow visibility of these success stories. The software is a great tool for employees to share news and information and for the wider business to engage with either through "liking" or commenting.

Cons

Depending on the size of the organisation, the message notifications can get a little tiring and it becomes just like spam.

Julia

Good for Employees Integration

Although a simple tool, I rarely publish anything on it. It's interesting overall but I think that currently LinkedIn has become that type of Social Media that Yammer was longing to be: where people publish both personal and professional accomplishments, pictures and share information.

Pros

It is nice to see employees getting along with each other in a professional but still casual tool. To receive weekly mails with the last news is also very interesting for having an overview of what's happening in the company - especially being a global one.

Cons

Yammer itself lacks a bit of appeal, its appearance is not nice and intuitive. I also believe some of the employees don't actually use it due to the great amount of groups and fragmentation inside the tool.

June 2022

A great application to keep communicated

Pros

What I like about this application is Yammer is fully equipped to act as a central contact of contact and communication in my network. We have an international set (scattered) of people on my network and we choose Yammer in our communication center. We create a commercial space for each working group and another for our coordination team. Not only do we use group spaces, but also the messages between the members of the Yammer group are extremely effective and safe. We can write to individuals or create groups for continuous communication in the hammer. Therefore, although we must maintain the security of the information in the part of the world we use, we trust the aspects of security. I also use the iOS Yammer application to access my account and messages.

Cons

What I do not like about this application is the user interface is not rich and it seems and considers that it should improve. I'm not sure, but a little time is suspended. In addition, it is not very difficult to seek publication. It becomes more confusing again when several groups are created.

Prasath

Industry: Writing and Editing

Yammer - Share content and collaborate

I had never heard of Yammer before I started working at my company, but I've since discovered that it's one of the most popular workplace apps out there. It's used by companies of all sizes to share information, collaborate, and build relationships with employees and partners. When I first started using it, I was surprised at how many people I could connect with right away. Word quickly spread throughout the company about my new account, and I was soon receiving invitations to join groups and conversations with people all over the world. The platform allows me to interact with my colleagues in ways I never thought were possible. The social networking aspect of the platform has allowed our small business to grow and become more successful than ever before.

Pros

1. Yammer is a business social networking service that allows small and medium-sized businesses to create a private, secure online workspace to help build stronger relationships with colleagues, clients, and customers. 2.Yammer integrated with Office 365 services in a number of ways. Within Yammer itself, it will be possible for users to create Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents through Office Online. 3.It is a tool that allows users to easily create, share, and connect with Yammer-enabled applications. It is primarily used for communication, but it has the potential to accomplish a wide variety of other tasks. 4. It is a great platform to share links to articles and sites that can help you learn more about the technology.

Cons

1. It's expensive, members are often confused with the feature set is limited. 2. It can be difficult to add new members to Yammer and create new groups. It is also difficult to create new groups without an invitation

Trey

Industry: Restaurants

Yammer - Just so-so for me......

It's used for sharing amongst work groups and for our Executive LT to share things, but I find it to be hard to navigate. I wish they would take queues from Facebook or other social media sites and try to make it function more like them. The interface is clunky and hard to navigate and I really don't enjoy using it - so therefore I don't use it very frequently.

Pros

It's a business tool for social networking. It integrates nicely into business devices and is great for leadership or corporate management to use to share updates, images, or team building information. It is very stable to use and works from any platform - pc, smarthphone, tablet, etc.

Cons

I find it hard to navigate and the screens load oddly at times (Like the formatting is goofy). It confuses me when I try to find the different groups to view updates or posts (and that could be because of the way my company has it set up??). I just don't really enjoy using it so I pretty much only check it if I see a really interesting alert pop up from it.

Archit

Company internal announcements on Yammer

Pros

Knowledge management, enterprise wide announcements, brief email notifications, one-stop shop for all key messages from the leadership

Cons

It is sometimes hard to navigate, better categorization of topics could be helpful

July 2022

Combined with microsoft world. This tool has changed many lives. It makes you connected

I am quite satisfied. User interface is good. Connectivity is mind blowing. Communictaion with others is easier than ever. What else is required. Even they have mobile app as well.

Pros

It has a strong sync with Microsoft office products especially to control & manage the data you have in onedrive & sharepoint. I believe that is the only tool you need during work. Good for those who have Microsoft family products in their offices

Cons

It can do much better than Meta and yet it is still far away from achieving it. It can be a whole universe.

April 2022

Fantastic Work Social Media Platform - A great 'Sounding Board'

I have loved being able to share my thoughts and ideas on Yammer. I am a regular in-house contributor. I've learned a lot about what my colleagues do in their jobs and also how our company operates. Without it, my idea of the company's operations and how we function would be greatly diminished.

Pros

It's so easy to use and to disseminate information clearly and quickly throughout the company. One can do this globally to all employees, regionally to employees, or by the site to the selected individuals who work there. Communication is in real-time and it's simple to respond to. It's an open forum that is available for all to use and it allows views to be conveyed and shared with others which initiate further debate and discussion. Has always proven to be reliable and always available.

Cons

There really is nothing to dislike. Everything works brilliantly and the features are seamlessly integrated with our Microsoft Outlook implementation.

Jéssica

Yammer

Ele se trata de uma ferramenta ótima principal quando se trata de employer branding e comunicação interna. Um canal que agrega muito e que já vem com o office 365.

Pros

Integração, facilidade, descomplicado e otimizado

Cons

Não sei se ele possui pontos a melhorar! Gosto muito

Reasons for choosing Yammer

Pela integração, facilidade e ótimo desigb

Audrey

Industry: Civil Engineering

Makes Work too Social

I used it once to look at posts. I've never really used it again. Yammer is like work webpage Facebook and Microsoft Teams is like Facebook Messenger & more. They should have integration, otherwise, I'm getting flooded by notifications two times!

Pros

It's straightforward and very easy to use. There is no learning curve at all. it really does a good job of keeping everyone connected, having organized communities, summarizing posts. It's to have the poll options and question options.

Cons

It's almost TOO social. This isn't really a complaint about the product but more so on implementation. Most companies have Microsoft Teams in addition to Yammer. My company has both and we have social communities on Teams as well. It is definitely overkill to have BOTH Yammer and Teams communities. Maybe if they were integrated together, it would make sense. But I am constantly annoyed by Yammer notifs and Team notifs. I basically have muted ALL my Yammer notifs and only check Teams.

An employee's Yammer Review

My experience with Yammer is that I am a low level clerk with nobody reporting to me in any capacity. All of the network on any Yammer blog I do are high level banking executives and bankers who I have no shared association with. I am the black Beatle Bailey in General Halftrack's world. (as per the comic strip) Also, I do not appreciate being trolled on my Yammer blog by these people who have implicit biases that are problematic to me. What I want to do is a Yammer blog that is more along the lines of organizational communication as a professional who does not have a proprietary banking interest. My interest in Yammer is as an independent user who want to use Yammer to build his own network for brand identity purposes along with worker morale. All of what I post in my Yammer blogs are about things that my employer does not have a proprietary interest in, and can be shared on any social network within my employer's social network policy.

Pros

This software is fine if your e-mail is tied to the account and you can use this through the company access. I would be happy if I can access this software through my university or my network with Linked-in. (Which includes my employer)

Cons

I am restricted by way of my company access. I am unable to start a new yammer blog from a remote computer outside of the company that I work for. Under my employer's access, I am unable to see my company e-mail outside their intra-net. I am also under my employer's restrictions due to the proprietary data that is of importance to the company, but is of no use to me outside of my employer's work site. Why should I need a company token to access and edit a yammer blog on my laptop that has nothing to do with my employer? (Apart from what I think is slight branding detail that is of importance to my employer, but is is biased and prejudicial to me) I have no use for the technical detail that my employer uses yammer for.

Victoria

function social networking tool

Pros

great for communicating and community building with customers and business colleagues. I like video and picture sharing with response emojis and comments. The polling feature where you can ask a question with multiple choice answers is great for getting feedback.

Cons

a broader range of quick response emojis would be helpful as I use this for business. eg. I agree/disagree rather than 'like/dislike' would feel more appropriate in some contexts.

Erik

April 2022

Yammer was a useful social work space

We used Yammer for several years before ditching it when we moved to Slack and all our communication shifted over

Pros

I liked the ease of connecting with colleagues outside of meetings

Cons

The format similar to facebook was a bit distracting

社内のSNS

Pros

社内で、組織や上下関係なく、情報発信、個人の表現ができる

Cons

参加しない人、興味のない人は、全く参加しない

Yammer is a Great Social Media Intranet

Our business added Yammer last year after using Microsoft Teams for a number of years, and it has been a great tool for sharing updates across the company.

Pros

Yammer is a great social networking intranet our company uses to easily communicate with one another. It has an easy-to-use interface from which we can share ideas, thoughts, and updates to the company or within select communities. It's also incredibly secure so we can share sensitive data without worry.

Cons

This is more of a nitpick than any con but it is a bit of an overkill to have this in addition to Teams. Notifications can be a bit taxing.

Johnny

March 2022

Honest Review

Pros

It is easy to use and you can join community based on what interest you the most.

Cons

You can't message the person privately.

Wade

Social Media Intranet

Yammer as a collaboration tool hasn't been as widely adopted at my company. Under utilization actually proves quite a challenge. I feel like this is the kind of software you could use every day or never use at all, and it really becomes incumbent upon the corporate culture to adopt it as a tool. With the current generational gaps at my company, it can be a challenge to engage either the less tech-savvy or the more jaded youth whom already live on several platforms outside of work.

Pros

Yammer is a fantastic way for employees from disparate roles to interact and share common interests. Often, these interests can benefit the business just as much as the employees. My favorite Yammer group is the 'Free Courseware' group started by someone who thought it would be great to compile a list of services that range from Coursera to MIT Open Coursework to Alison to W3 Schools.

Cons

As a social media-esque software, it relies on users heavily interacting. This can at time be distracting without any real guidance or weigh-in from management. If your leaders don't make a point to engage users on the platform it can quickly become a desert.

Khothatso

Offers a great Community Building Tool For Teams in the Workplace

Pros

Yammer is the best tool to use for effective team collaboration when you want to reach a broad number of people at once especially when working remotely. It ensures effective communication with my colleagues and I had no problems integrating it with other Microsoft apps so it has been good to work with. The interface is easy to use and I can share my files and ideas with my colleagues with no issues and its also good when you want to establish or build a community with your team.

Cons

Yammer seems to operate more like a social media platform but marketed as a tool for professional use which can be distracting for employees that are highly occupied by their jobs.

Mohamed

Best Collaboration Tool for Remotely Working

Yammer allows us to make announcements, discuss issues, share ideas, and to create groups for open projects to discuss all the issues related to these projects besides the ability to communicate easily

Pros

The best thing about Yammer is that its considered like internal Social Media for the organization, Allows you to see the new feeds and manage notifications for special groups or special posts

Cons

Yammer didn't show something to dislike, It works perfectly according to the required features and I didn't face any issue with Yammer Experience

Steven

Facebook without the features

It was difficult to search for previous discussions, find things you like, and find popular topics that had been liked by others. It is not as instant as instant chat programs and it's not as easy to search as online message boards. It seems to have a foot in both of those doors and not really commit to either one.

Pros

The best thing about Yammer was that it was simple. You can easily create a topic and post responses to that topic. For those that use Facebook, Yammer is very easy to pick-up. Also like Facebook, Yammer is good for in the moment shares and discussions.

Cons

The interface was very plain and gave a very cheap impression. It was very difficult to archive or refer back to conversations. If a conversation tree had happened more than a week or more prior it was almost better to start the discussion up again than to try to go through and find the history.

Yammer - Internal Social Media app for organisations

My overall experience in using yammer has been okayish. Not that happy with it. There are much better options available instead of this. But it serves the purpose of internal communications though.

Pros

The praise and poll features are good. They have now added reactions to the posts as well now.

Cons

The experience in using the app is not that wholesome. The chat option is not that good. The main feed page can also be a bit better.

Elena

Industry: Information Services

July 2022

New tool of the microsoft suite that I still don't understand the purpose of

Pros

This tool adds the social networking and interaction part with "public channels" to the microsoft suite. This aims to complete the portfolio of apps for business collaboration.

Cons

I still don't understand the purpose and utility of this app, and I don't really feel the need to use it yet, but my company occasionally offers content through these channels.

4.15/5 out of 598 reviews