All Microsoft Viva Engage Reviews

Reviewed August 2021

Good for Company Internal Social Media

Automotive, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2022

A great application to keep communicated

PROS

What I like about this application is Yammer is fully equipped to act as a central contact of contact and communication in my network. We have an international set (scattered) of people on my network and we choose Yammer in our communication center. We create a commercial space for each working group and another for our coordination team. Not only do we use group spaces, but also the messages between the members of the Yammer group are extremely effective and safe. We can write to individuals or create groups for continuous communication in the hammer. Therefore, although we must maintain the security of the information in the part of the world we use, we trust the aspects of security. I also use the iOS Yammer application to access my account and messages.

CONS

What I do not like about this application is the user interface is not rich and it seems and considers that it should improve. I'm not sure, but a little time is suspended. In addition, it is not very difficult to seek publication. It becomes more confusing again when several groups are created.

Kim

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Yammer is a game changing tool. I trust it fully.

I would describe Yammer as a user friendly software which is affordable and secure for everyone.

PROS

Yammer is a software that brings a unique bond in our day to day interaction. Working together in one peace has always been my greatest desire. Yammer helped me to implement this since it creates a platform where ideas are exchanged, discussion and negotiations are also done in an orderly manner leaving everyone contented. The performance has risen gradually bringing more hope and motivation to achieve more.

CONS

It was not easy for us as a team to implement the tool especially in formation of groups and adding new members. However, after a thorough consultation internally, we sorted things fast and it is a great tool.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Viva Engage

With the huge changes happening in the market today, I choose Yammer since it is more advanced in terms of technology compared to others.

10,000+ employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

An employee's Yammer Review

My experience with Yammer is that I am a low level clerk with nobody reporting to me in any capacity. All of the network on any Yammer blog I do are high level banking executives and bankers who I have no shared association with. I am the black Beatle Bailey in General Halftrack's world. (as per the comic strip) Also, I do not appreciate being trolled on my Yammer blog by these people who have implicit biases that are problematic to me. What I want to do is a Yammer blog that is more along the lines of organizational communication as a professional who does not have a proprietary banking interest. My interest in Yammer is as an independent user who want to use Yammer to build his own network for brand identity purposes along with worker morale. All of what I post in my Yammer blogs are about things that my employer does not have a proprietary interest in, and can be shared on any social network within my employer's social network policy.

PROS

This software is fine if your e-mail is tied to the account and you can use this through the company access. I would be happy if I can access this software through my university or my network with Linked-in. (Which includes my employer)

CONS

I am restricted by way of my company access. I am unable to start a new yammer blog from a remote computer outside of the company that I work for. Under my employer's access, I am unable to see my company e-mail outside their intra-net. I am also under my employer's restrictions due to the proprietary data that is of importance to the company, but is of no use to me outside of my employer's work site. Why should I need a company token to access and edit a yammer blog on my laptop that has nothing to do with my employer? (Apart from what I think is slight branding detail that is of importance to my employer, but is is biased and prejudicial to me) I have no use for the technical detail that my employer uses yammer for.

Margaret

Oil & Energy, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

A cost effective way that has changed our productivity, decision making and saves us time.

Yammer has made transparency and productivity the pillars. I have high hopes with Yammer, the bond and commitment to achieving more and more will grow.

PROS

Yammer has a unique approach to bringing together people with common goals to keep connected and organized. This way, I was able to recognize the loopholes on the overall performance which gave me a chance to make the necessary adjustments. It keeps everyone informed on the proceedings by sharing valuable files and documents. It is quite secure and I can feel the change closer and closer everyday.

CONS

So far so good. No complaints from all parties. I had easy time since day one.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Viva Engage

Yammer is a more elaborate tool and approach to our needs that's why I choose it.

Mmathabo

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Internal Social Networking

It has been great to engage with colleagues on the platform, since other social media platforms are blocked on the firewall.

PROS

It is safe and only authorized users have access to this corporate social network to engage and share latest news/updates within the organization.

CONS

Not sure if one can integrate with Microsoft Stream for videos. It would be awesome.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Viva Engage

It came with the Microsoft license or subscription. We gave it a try and we have never looked back after that.

Anthony

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

Understanding Yammer

Solid experience but underutilized. Didn't take off in our organization

PROS

It was part of MS Suite package or so it was affordable.

CONS

No one in the organization didn't use it they just shared content in MS Teams. Also I think my colleagues didn't like the name "Yammer" it reminds me of Yams...

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Viva Engage

Because everyone was communicating through this channel

deba

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

PROS

Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want. Yammer helped me find information and get help by reading articles that were written by experts on difficult jobs within the organization. I only have to search for it. Yammer made me more productive with timely useful conversations and interaction from my colleague across the company best hands. I could also easily see what is happening within the organization at all times because of the synchronized updates. I can use yammer even when am out of the office because of their Android app. Additionally, Yammer works very well with office 365 which is not a surprise since it is built by Microsoft.

CONS

Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform. It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it. The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies. yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

Mahmut

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Empowering Employees to Share Knowledge and Ideas

PROS

Yammer is a great platform for improving communication and collaboration, increasing employee engagement, and enhancing knowledge sharing within a company. It can also help to streamline information sharing, improve transparency, and reduce reliance on email. Overall, Yammer is a valuable tool for companies of all sizes that are looking to improve their internal communication and collaboration.

CONS

Yammer's potential drawbacks include limited integration with other Microsoft 365 applications, the challenge of achieving user adoption, and the risk of information overload. Companies should consider these limitations and implement effective strategies to maximize Yammer's benefits.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Great Tool to Connect With All Areas

PROS

We are able to connect with folks from many different business areas.

CONS

Most folks do not use it since there are other offerings.

RICHARD

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

FUN FOR NETWORKING

PROS

It's a great way to interact with members within the company!

CONS

I dislike that the mobile app crashes quite a bit.

Kristin

Insurance, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2022

Great for Community Enagement

Overall, for a larger company I would recommend Yammer, it can sync well with all your Microsoft products and it is a fast and efficient way to spread a message to a large amount of employees at the same time! Yammer can hold the messages, documents, trainings, videos so that you can still review them at your leisure as a user and still participate in the comments! I will say that if you are watching a live feed and trying to keep up with the comments and questions being posted, that can be a little tricky- maybe a bit delayed at times, but don't worry all the posts will be saved to review at a later time! If you have a smaller office, this may not be as beneficial, so if it is a monetary investment for your company but you have a small group, there maybe another product with Microsoft, like Teams, that may work better or even steering away from Microsoft products there are many other products that could be used, but would not be great for larger groups!

PROS

This is a great software to get everyone in the company (or community) involved! You can post updates to share company wide and all of those who have joined Yammer can not only access the details, attachments and/or videos attached, but the users can also comment and hold conversations about the topics posted. This system will also house documents, training, videos, company updates, polls, monthly updates, even just fun community chats (non business related)! I would recommend this product as a good way to keep LARGE companies "in the know" across the company- a great way to share updates and information with a large company. I am a big fan of all Microsoft products, but for a small company I do not know that adding the extra investment would be monetarily beneficial- as there are smaller systems that would work just as well on a smaller scale!

CONS

The only con that I have experience is more of a "user settings" I would love to be able to exclude myself from several emails that I receive on what seems like a daily basis, however I have found a work around to just route the emails to a non-important folder until I do have time to review them! The only other hard thing that I have noticed when it comes to Yammer is when/if you are watching a "live feed" it can be a little confusing to keep up with the most recent comments/questions being posted while the feed it continuing.

Samuel

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Great Professional Version of Social Media!

My overall experience with Yammer has been phenomenal, and I am sure that my coworkers can attest to that experience, as well. I have been able to communicate efficiently with coworkers, I have been able to share documents with them, and we have all been able to update our "statuses" just as we would on most other informal social media sites. Would definitely recommend Yammer to anyone.

PROS

What I like best about Yammer is that it acts like a pseudo-social media site, but only within the inner circles of your near and distant coworkers, (meaning those who are on site and off site), but within the same company. The site makes for a nice getaway whenever you need a break from work and you want to see what everyone else has to say on their profiles, if you want to send direct messages back and forth to a coworker, if you want to share various files, (both professional and personal), among a slew of other features that are very reminiscent of other social media sites. Only individuals with the proper corporate email addresses are able to create an account on Yammer and join your inner group of friends, which is fantastic.

CONS

There is literally nothing that I do not like about this software, because its purpose is very simple - and all of what it is made for is being met, at least in my case, and I have been using the software for a decent amount of time now. The messaging is in real time, the interface is simple and appealing, and it is accessible on desktop, laptop, or mobile.

Curtis

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Enhancing Collaboration and Communication: Yammer Delivers!

PROS

Yammer fosters seamless collaboration and communication, connecting employees across departments and locations, breaking down silos, and enhancing cross-team collaboration.The integration with other Microsoft tools, such as Office 365, streamlines productivity by allowing seamless sharing of documents, real-time collaboration, and scheduling meetings within the platform.Yammer's mobile app enables employees to stay connected on the go, ensuring participation in conversations and access to important updates, making it convenient and flexible for a modern workforce.

CONS

Yammer's interface can be overwhelming for new users, requiring some time to get accustomed to its features and functionality.The platform may experience occasional performance issues, such as slow loading times or delays in notifications.Yammer's search functionality could benefit from further improvements to enhance the ease of finding specific content or conversations.

Joshua

Printing, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2019

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

PROS

Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

CONS

I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

Darrus

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Specialty specific physician message board

PROS

Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

CONS

Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

Steve

Reviewed July 2018

It's a great program to use for a virtual office!

Great benefits, it's a wonderful virtual office

PROS

Yammer is a terrific way to communicate with people in your company when you don't have a traditional office setting, where employees work from different areas. You can have conversations and get up with people immediately, plus have various "buckets" to divide up work tasks, or have different networks for different departments. Uploaded and downloading is easy, and it's a repository for valuable files. To have a platform where everyone can be on the same page is invaluable. And with smart phones, pushes can allow one to be notified immediately of any update or conversation. Has similar feature to Facebook, so it's easy to learn. Again, a great virtual office!

CONS

Honestly, there are very few cons, sometimes it won't let you upload or download items, but that is a rare occasion. Sometimes the search isn't reliable.

Alexander

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

A Great Forum For Employee Engagement and Collaboration

Overall, Yammer is a wonderful tool that I am glad we implemented here. It gives the user a very social network experience that they are used to, while maintaining a lot of the wonderful features that you've come to expect from Microsoft. I 100% recommend the implementation of Yammer to any organization that's considering to use it.

PROS

Yammer has opened the door to many new connections and collaborations at Oxy. We've been able to create business-unit specific Yammer groups that allow employees from all around the globe to post data, share findings, and collaborate - all in one easy to use place.

CONS

There aren't too many cons to Yammer - sometimes you may get too many emails, depending on how many Yammer groups you are subscribed to. But these email preferences can always be changed at your discretion to limit the amount of inbox flooding.

Wade

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Social Media Intranet

Yammer as a collaboration tool hasn't been as widely adopted at my company. Under utilization actually proves quite a challenge. I feel like this is the kind of software you could use every day or never use at all, and it really becomes incumbent upon the corporate culture to adopt it as a tool. With the current generational gaps at my company, it can be a challenge to engage either the less tech-savvy or the more jaded youth whom already live on several platforms outside of work.

PROS

Yammer is a fantastic way for employees from disparate roles to interact and share common interests. Often, these interests can benefit the business just as much as the employees. My favorite Yammer group is the 'Free Courseware' group started by someone who thought it would be great to compile a list of services that range from Coursera to MIT Open Coursework to Alison to W3 Schools.

CONS

As a social media-esque software, it relies on users heavily interacting. This can at time be distracting without any real guidance or weigh-in from management. If your leaders don't make a point to engage users on the platform it can quickly become a desert.

Nikhil

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Best social networking service

I love the wonderful way easy to understand Yammer is - its design and activity are natural. It's an extraordinary method for keeping in contact with partners, be modern on work improvements, and make private gatherings for companions or family so you can share fun encounters together. The stage additionally keeps inner representatives informed about intriguing drives that could end up being useful to them work on their range of abilities! Everybody ought to feel open to voicing any issues they have, as well - inside the corporate intranet, it works very much like online entertainment does remotely, making it simple to utilize thanks to excellent help gave by Yammer staff.

PROS

I like the facts and functionality is very effective. It fulfil the user need.

CONS

The requirement for clearness on how Yammer ought to be utilized makes disarray among our clients. There isn't an agreement viewing whether it ought to act as a continuous, multi-layered center point for discussions or proposition speedy updates and exchange about tasks and collaboration. This has caused trouble in creating publicity about this stage.