Browse Connex Reviews

Melissa from National Fatherhood Initiative

Better than the Rest!

Overall, Connex was fairly easy to set up. It took some trial and error to ensure the orders were coming into QuickBooks properly, but once we got it right, it was set it and forget it! Their customer service is helpful and accessible.

Pros

What I like most about Connex is that it is reliable. Each week, we manually sync our orders from Big Commerce into QuickBooks. We rarely have an issue, and if we do, it's usually because we forgot to enter a new product in Quickbooks for Connex to be able to find it.

Cons

Sometimes the error codes aren't clear so we have to contact Connex for help. Each time we do, they are helpful and get us back on track quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Connex

Webgility was clunky and their support was is in another country. At times it was hard to understand the support person due to their heavy accent. The sync didn't always work and we spent a lot of time trying to get it working properly. with a staff of just 6 people and outsourced accounting, we didn't have time to keep managing it. Glad to have found Connex.

Mark from GenTent Safety Canopies

Your search has completed - there is simply nothing better than Connex

Connex has earned the position as a strategic and integral part of our software operations.

Pros

The feature set is robust and complete for automating Quickbooks with major store hosts, major shipping platforms and major marketplaces (like all flavors of Amazon). The setup is logically laid out; they'll help you with it during onboarding, but honestly I was able to figure out most of it on my own. They are continually working on improvements and their support is responsive. Honestly I've used 2 other similar platforms and reviewed at least 3 others - this one has non of the limitations or sticker shock of the others, runs quickly and automated. We are mostly in set-it / forget-it mode (the BEST kind of software).

Cons

The old user interface was less of a dashboard and more of an menu list. The new user interface, however, looks superb!

Reasons for Choosing Connex

Outrageously expensive, not as function rich. Might have had a better UI but functionally there were too many limitations.

Reasons for Switching to Connex

T-Hub had to interface directly with the store and did not fully support Amazon. This required hand jamming amazon orders into our store just to get them to ship and come to quickbooks. We shifted our shipping system to Shipstation so multiple stores/marketplaces could be handled equivalently and T-Hub did not support it. Entriwise is a good platform for Amazon transactions but is limited to Amazon and their daily automation needed too much babysitting.

JUDYudy from HUNTER SAFETY SYSTEM INC

Works Well with Quickbooks

After working through the kinks and getting a good understanding of how the product functions, our experience with Connex has been very good. It certainly meets our needs.

Pros

Populates our new Shopify orders into Quickbooks seamlessly.

Cons

Of course, they was a learning process which was a bit challenging.

Cody from Edge Pro Inc.

Happy to be saving time, dissapointed in ongoing support

I started using Connex when I launched my new website. My onboarding session was helpful, but the site was not going to be live for another week. Once the site went live I wanted to schedule a follow up onboarding call to make sure everything was working and you replied to me with a message that I have to pay $100 for a follow up call! Outrageous, and very disappointing that this is the foundation of our working relationship. It's called customer support. Overall Connex is still a good value, but it would be really nice if someone would pick up a phone and help me trouble shoot some of the problems I'm having instead of going back and forth with "tickets". 20 minutes of your time would save me hours of frustration and boost my feedback scores and certainly make me more willing to recommend you to others. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]- Cody

Pros

It saves me a lot of time, now I don't have to manually enter data in to quick books.

Cons

Still have some bugs to work out, getting error codes

Reasons for Choosing Connex

Seemed to be what I needed

Conrad from Breeo

Saved our company thousands of hours!

Overall, Connex has saved our company thousands of hours and we wouldn't be able to survive without it! The software pays for itself since we were manually processing all our website and Amazon orders into Quickbooks. Now with it automated, we no longer have any accounting errors! I highly recommend this for anyone who does a large number of Amazon or Shopify orders! 100% worth every penny!

Pros

Connex took Breeo from manually processing our Amazon and Shopify website orders to automatically doing it! This has saved us thousands of man-hours this year alone! Connex pays for itself and we wouldn't be able to survive without it. We use Quickbooks desktop for our accounting service and sync daily!

Cons

Once you have it all set up and running it's perfect, however, it can be a little tricky getting it set up and making sure orders are getting processed correctly. The onboarding process was smooth and just had to make minor tweaks after.

The price was great!

Louisa from Honey Girl Hawaii LLC

Saves time by automatically updating inventory and importing orders into Quickbooks

I depend on this software. I only have to keep my QB inventory up to date and it’s nice that my website will display accurate inventory. In the past, I have had to update both my QB and my Website. It would take hours a week.

Pros

1) Automatically syncs inventory to my website from QB. I sell through other channels besides my website, so I create invoices manually for non-website sales which reduces my inventory in QB, and the new quantities are updated on my website too. If a sale comes through on my website, it automatically creates a sales order in Quickbooks from my website, complete with customer shipping info and order details. Then I just create an invoice from the Sales Order and it deducts from my inventory on Quickbooks.

Cons

When my website software version updates, sometimes it causes the connexforquickbooks to not automatically run. I can still manually run it when this happens, while I contact connex tech support. They can fix the issue usually within a day or sometimes longer.

Jose from American Petroleum Services

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Streamlined our full operation & saved countless hours

Before Connex, we had to manually enter all our orders from Quickbooks, which was very tedious and prone to human mistakes. Also, one very neat feature that Connex offers that for some reason is not available in Quickbooks is to build assembly items when they shipped. In order to do this in QB, you have to manually build the assembly. We are extremely happy with Connex and we are in the process of finishing our online store, which we will be also using Connex to integrate.

Pros

With a very user friendly interface and quick setup, we were able to start saving hundreds of hours by using Connex to sync our orders from Quickbooks Enterprise to Shipstation (our shipping software). The integration works perfectly and Connex has amazing customer support to help you if you bump into any issues or if you have custom requirements for your business.

Cons

Its hard to find anything to dislike as this software offers everything we currently need. But if there was one feature we would really like to see is to somehow display or notify when an order is ready to ship. For example, when an order syncs from QB to Shipstation, if all items are in stock in QB, it can color code the order to green, OR if the order is partially ready it can color code the order to yellow, OR if the order is not yet ready to ship it can color code the order to red. This is just an idea and will help our shipping department quickly see that an order is ready to be shipped. Currently, inside of Quickbook's "Sales order fulfillment worksheet", you can see that all orders are labeled according to inventory.

Lauren from Lauren B Beauty

Great customer service

Wonderful company great engaged owner that cares and is very helpful

Pros

The software is easy to use has minimal downtime and the customer service and technical support is great very quick responses and a friendly team consistently willing to help! I recommend Connex to any small business !

Cons

Occasionally there are glitches 2 to 4 times a year I.e. when daylight savings time hits, server upgrades etc. I have now learned how to fix them on my own but in the beginning it required a call to the company and support to walk through fixing that

Reasons for Choosing Connex

Reviews and recommendation of professionals

Reasons for Switching to Connex

New website and my web developer recommended connex

Frank from Nuttee Bean Co., LLC

Great Interface and Customer Service

My overall experience has been that they are immediate in response and customer service and have always had a sloution.

Pros

When I was looking for a product that could link my web sales to my Brick and Mortar QB with an a BOM software call SOS this was the easiest, cost effective and seamless product on the market. That still holds true today. As things changed their customer service people are available- by phone- and give you immediate help so you can move forward without the normal back and forth that consumes time. It still works faultessly and issues are non-existent.

Cons

It has everything I needed then and now.

Ian from Topeca Coffee

Where would I be without it?

Top notch customer support. Always very quick to respond, and happy to help with technical issues.

Pros

Being able to automatically sync sales transactions form our various sales channels has been a major time savor. No more manually creating or double entry of transactions.

Cons

There is a learning curve when you first set things up. A lot of setting to work through. And sometimes it takes a while to figure out mapping errors when you find. Though the new set-up wizard makes setting up a basic connection a heck of a lot easier.

Troy from True Ames

Gets the job done!

We are stoked on Connex and what it provides. It is mission-critical to have invoices and inventory integrated between Shopify and QuickBooks, and Connex gets it done!

Pros

This was a solid upgrade from our previous Shopify to Quickbooks Desktop tool. Mostly because of the scheduler and ability to run the connection automatically. There were some other upgraded perks, but we'd hoped for such because we were increasing our spend by a good 2x for it. The connex team was supportive during the onboarding and the FAQ tools they created were really helpful to set it up.

Cons

There are a few missing automatic connections and situations that aren't solvable even with the Rules Engine. But they are not must haves. The main issue is how Shopify treats and underpaid invoice as a "return" which creates a headache in the automation for credit memo creation in QuickBooks.

Reasons for Switching to Connex

Soft Cookies stopped supporting itself.

Lisa from Anderson Pens

Start Using This TODAY!!! You won't be sorry!

I have saved over $450 a month by switching. I have all of our syncing between our multiple retail points all in 1 program. It is nice to have everything in 1 place, 1 setup, 1 login.

Pros

This has saved us over $450 a month. We use BigCommerce for e-commerce and we have 2 separate Square point of sale retail locations. FINALLY something that will sync ALL of these, to 2 different Quickbooks databases. Setup was great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was terrific with my onboarding. Integration is easy. I used to use both T-hub AND Shogo, and needed a dedicated server for T-hub. Connex does it all for so much less $$, all browser based. There is some setup initially, but no more than with anything else like this. I love all of the sync options that you can choose at setup (such as whether or not to add new product, how to map items etc). Invest in research, take notes during onboarding, and don't look back. Customer service is good also. Upgrading from 1 plan to the next level for me had a glitch, and they fixed it right away!!!

Cons

the only negative is that I did not find this soon enough!!!

Reasons for Switching to Connex

all syncing in 1 software program, and far less expensive.

Cheryl from Absolute Business Solutions

Eliminate time consuming data entry

More than half of my bookkeeping is done for with with the integration of the sales with item tracking, and customer set ups and receipts of payments. Truly wonderful.

Pros

There is no data entry for our companies online sales and renewals. All sales feed into QuickBooks online to allow us to have accurate and timely reporting of sales and incoming receipts.

Cons

I needed an extra date field although I have found an alternate solution. So there are no issues with the functionality.

Alex from CFS Binding Supplies, Inc

A great connector for QB

The entire team at CONNEX has been great to work with. Implementation for a complicated series as ours took a little time to get the wrinkles sorted, but its a great tool that saves a tremendous amount of time. We process about 30,000 transactions per year, and we use this connector every day with multiple users simultaneously.

Pros

Works exactly as we require. allows two-way communication between several programs (QB, ShipStation, Magento, and Shopify)

Cons

A nicer web connector (pretty) is about all I would change!

Vincent from Trailtopia

Industry: Food Production

Easier Web transactions

Pros

Connex for quickbooks has greatly reduced the time it takes to enter Internet orders into Quickbooks while eliminating errors. This has been a huge time saver, improves our inventory management and once setup, works seamlessly! If you need to get website transactions into quickbooks, this is a great tool.

Cons

There can be times where there may be transaction communication issues (not a Connex issue) that prevent a transaction from being imported into Quickbooks so you do need to keep an eye on the transactions. Over this is a relatively minor issue.

Jennie from Smoky Lake Maple Products, LLC

Connex to integrate shipping software and accounting

I am an accounting department of one. We process and ship over 10,000 orders per year. Most of that is done in a 3 month period. Connex has connected all our orders and customers for me and allows me to remain a department of one but have access to the history.

Pros

The ease and customization that it does to help my shipping software talk to the accounting software.

Cons

I do not like that it is not an instant sync. It can be done but manually.

Marc from Save Rite Medical

Perfect solution to sync my Shopify store to QuickBooks Enterprise

Connex has allowed us to focus our resources on growing the business by eliminating the need for manual data entry.

Pros

Connex saves us time and money by automating a tedious job.

Cons

The software can be overwhelming at first but it's a non issue because the customer service is always available to help.

Reasons for Choosing Connex

It seemed like the best option at the time and there was a live person to speak with.

Jerry from Tape Guys

ConnexForQuickBooks

Great support. Great product most of the time you don't even think about it being there you just sync from QB and you're caught up.

Pros

Seamless transfer of sales transactions from eCommerce system (Big commerce) to Quickbooks Desktop. Have used with QB Pro and now Enterprise.

Cons

It was quite technical at first but they have been improving the interface and support dramatically.

Lori from Cowgirl Yarn

The only way to go

Pros

I have been using Connex since we switched to Shopify and QBO online. It saves hours of daily data entry. If you set up your fields properly, the system works flawlessly.

Cons

Learning how to navigate their multitude of help menus. As a retailer, how I describe and/or search for help is different then how they may have labeled it.

Marc from Soyuz Microphones

Industry: Music

Perfect time saver for small business! Set-and-forget!

Reliable - consistent - time saving

Pros

The flexibility and compatibility with multiple E-commerce platforms all at once is fantastic. The team at connex is incredibly responsive and supportive. It's very easy to get this going and then not worry about it.

Cons

The error messages can be a bit tricky to understand at times (but the support team is always fast and helpful). If you're not careful or aren't paying attention you can mess up your syncing and end up with duplicates or mistakes - but just take your time setting up and it's fine.

Reasons for Switching to Connex

We were selling on multiple platforms and wanted an all-in-one sync solution

Jessica from MB Stone Care & Supply, LLC

Great product

Great customer service.

Pros

We needed a way to use bundles in QBO that would correctly integrate with our shipping software and online stores. This was the perfect option. It has allowed us to accurately track our inventory by being able to use these bundles.

Cons

Getting things set up in the beginning is a little difficult, but the customer service definitely makes up for that.

Jane from AGA Tools & Products

Industry: Wholesale

Huge time saver and ease of use

Instead of spending hours typing invoices manually from one system to the other, we now have this amazing software, Connex, that does in seconds what would take hours. Huge time and therefore money saver. I wish we have implemented this software years ago.

Pros

Connex is super easy and flawless to use. The help we received to guide us through the selection of system, on-boarding and implementation and set-up was amazing.

Cons

I do wish Connex had a help phone line, but the help via email is really fast and on point and I have gotten used to waiting a few hours for an answer

Edward from Bida Shoes

Wow!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answers questions quickly and efficiently.

Pros

I use Connex to connect my Point of Sale with both Amazon and my own web site. Works seamlessly!

Cons

Took time to get acclimated to the software

Daniel from Uniquely Thai Decor

Great Product & Service

Easy and meaningful. It meets my needs

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was outstanding in getting me set up. I was in a bad spot because my last company left me hanging and Connex stepped in and made my stress level go down.

Cons

They do have a good support staff but you do have to pay for quality

Reasons for Switching to Connex

They went out of business, but I am glad

Terry from AM&P

JMA

We’ve had a few burps along the way with syncing and losing saved functions.

Pros

Mapping products from online store to qbo

Cons

Wish it was a bit easier for the non-dev user

chris from Xylocycle LLC

Connex for Chris

Very good and my site is humming.

Pros

I do not see it working and it does it very well.

Cons

Not being able to figure out how to update my credit card info easily.

Joe from Point One International, Ltd.

Very Responsvie!

Pros

Once again, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Team delighted me with their response time and providing a solution! In short, we ran into some unexpected scenarios with our Amazon sync and they came to the rescue. Highly recommend Connex for QuickBooks!

Cons

No, not all. I'm very pleased with the software.

edgar from Pioonner Pet

Industry: Warehousing

review

good

Pros

having the abiluty to imort tacking information

Cons

only imports master tracking would like for all tracking numbers to import

Mark from Heart Publications

Great Product & Service

I think its a great product and service.

Pros

I love that I don't have to worry about my Shopify store syncing orders and products with my Quickbooks Online account. It's reduced the amount of time I had to use to input orders.

Cons

It's a little expensive on a monthly basis.

Moshe from Mtech Solutions

The best option for my client

Pros

The fact that the sync runs all day and can upload the products.

Cons

When it errors out I cant fix it myself.

Biagio from Generation-e

Connex made a massive difference in our teams productivity

Removed duplicate data entry. Sped up processes. Eliminated errors. In essence, our online portfolio wouldn't be anywhere as successful without it.

Pros

Connex is reliable and feature rich. It took a full time job and automated it in one 30min setup session. We can now use that person to do more valuable work.

Cons

The UI could be a bit more intuitive but when you go though the onboarding process with Connex it all makes sense.

Sherri from HECS

Connex

Pros

Runs smoothly once it is set up for the day.

Cons

We have multiple accounts so we have to log out of one to get the other to work. It is tied to one computer to function. Customer service is had to get in a timely manner.

Ally from PNA Surplus

Industry: Wholesale

EASY ANS SIMPLE

Pros

Inventory syncing in a very timely matter,

Cons

I really do not have any issues right now

Robert from Everything Primitives

Easy to use and saves us countless hours each month syncing our data

Pros

Integrated easily with all of our selling channels to sync all our order data into quicbooks. The Connex team was a huge asset to get things set-up and running smoothly, and anytime we've ran into an issue they were able to resolve in a very timely manner.

Cons

The error reports could be more detailed. When we have had an issue we have had to download the sync error logs, but the data doesn't really tell us much. Usually we have to open a ticket to resolve and share the error log which works, but it would be great to self-diagnose more if possible.

Jason from Healthy Truth

Industry: Food Production

Effective Software & Integration tool

Pros

Once you put the time in to set up this tool, you basically NEVER have to check on it again. The only time you need to troubleshoot is when you add a SKU on your online store or QB and there isn't a matching SKU programmed yet.

Cons

Took a little while to set up, but that is because we have a LOT of SKUs and we had some order #s that ended up duplicating when we switched e-commerce platforms.

Reasons for Switching to Connex

Needed a solution that was more hands-off and ran automatically without issues

Deborah from Ethics Archery LLC

Industry: Sporting Goods

This app saved my sanity!

We have a Shopify website. We were having to enter all of the sales receipts from those orders into QuickBooks, which became quite labor intensive since at the time it was a one-person office.

Pros

The biggest pro is not having to manually enter all of our sales receipts into QuickBooks when all of the data is already in Shopify.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve, and I'm still not sure we're using all of its capabilities, but it solved our biggest issue.

Reasons for Choosing Connex

Connex was the only app that would meet our specific needs.