• Pros

• " Easy to use, not overwhelming"

• "It is very easy to use and is much cheaper than similiar software."

• "I love that it works with Etsy and automatically takes products out of my inventory when it sales. "

• Cons

• "Have had a few issues that I've needed help with and contacted customer support, good response time but sometimes quicker would be nice"

• "Set-up for initial makes can be time consuming, but if you do a lot of production work, the time investment is well worth it."

• "It’s time consuming to add new products and wish there was a way to bulk add variations to all products"

Browse Craftybase Reviews

Kathryn from Splendid Colors

Affordable inventory management for makers

I wish I had Craftybase when I started making in 2011 because it's daunting trying to start from scratch with so many products that contain components I make as well as common materials. Adding new components with new products would be more manageable. All my items include components I manufacture myself (laser cutting. painting) so having to enter "recipes" for all components individually is tedious. For example, I can copy a recipe for an ornament (three different components, ribbon, tag) but when I create components, I can't copy the recipe from a similar component (cardboard shape, primer paint, color paint, topcoat) and this gets really slow with all the colors I have. Recently a new client ordered $800 of obsolete items I hadn't entered into Craftybase. It took 10 hours to enter component recipes for 2 products x 4 colorways, some of which had common components and many had common materials. I assumed I'd be able to generate a pick list to total the common components & materials. Nope! Back to the spreadsheet to group common components... but I didn't try to automate the paint required, so I wasted a lot of time going to the hardware store for more primer. Probably not making minimum wage on this order.

Pros

Designed for solo crafters or small businesses Affordable pricing Accommodates both raw materials and components I manufacture (many small business products are for retailers who buy and resell finished goods)

Cons

Does not permit copying recipes for components, just final products Does not generate pick lists to manufacture orders Must set up for either creating batches for inventory or creating products for specific orders, and I have different product lines that fit one model or the other but can't justify dual subscriptions to set them up as separate businesses Not integrated with Xero for accounting

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

They're really expensive and built for large companies, and other makers recommended Craftybase.

Shelly from Sugarboy's Farm LLC

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Lifesaving (and marriage saving)!

They are responsive, fix problems when they arise, they are excellent at walking you through what it is you need to do to achieve your task. It's been a life saver for me since I still have a day job and takes some of the nitty gritty record keeping off my hands through automations.

Pros

It's online and supports multiple sales channels. It pulls items out of my inventory and has been a life/marriage saver at tax time (I'm a sole proprietorship) and it's ease of use for tallying annual reports is fabulous. I do handcrafts so QuickBooks really is not designed for this industry.

Cons

The tech support is great and they work really quickly to get back to you in short time. In an ideal world, it would be 24/7, but their response time is great.

Ricquel from Country Fine Design, LLC

Excellent Way to Keep Up with COGS, Inventory and Profit Margins

I love this program and recommend it frequently! I don't know of any other programs that let you keep track of inventory the way a crafter needs to, especially if you make some of your own components for the items you sell. It's amazing!

Pros

I love that you can set up everything to auto-manufacture so you don't have to go in and manually do it after every sale. It's pretty much on auto-pilot which saves a TON of time. It's also great that if you have two Etsy shops that still only counts as one Sales Channel.

Cons

I wish it didn't automatically import everything on the next import after you sign up. It would have been very helpful to just be able to import a little bit at a time to make sure everything is set up and functioning properly. There is a pretty big learning curve, but only because it is dealing with SO MUCH information. Auto manufacture is amazing, but a lot of us don't keep everything we need on hand. If I have to order something and don't have it when the auto manufacture happens, everything is calculated incorrectly. If we could set the auto-manufacture to happen x days after the sale (or x days before it ships), it would help a ton, and I wouldn't have to go back in and manually change everything. Also on the auto-manufacturing, say I run out of product stickers. And I manufacture 100 items before I buy more. It's just a small thing, so I just don't include the stickers in those 100 orders. But when I do buy more stickers, the 100 items I already made (but didn't include stickers) still count against my total. It screws up everything and I have to manually go back and change the manufacture for each sale. It would be nice if we could set it up somehow so if we're out of something, and we still manufacture the item, it doesn't count against the inventory of that item since it wasn't used. I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but it's really just little things here and there. The program is amazing and really does a ton of work for you.

Nicole from Etsy Business

Syncs PERFECTLY with Etsy

I do not like that the transaction fees are in the expense category. I know they are an expense, but I wish they were separate from the rest of my business expenses. I also wish it would take the sales tax that a customer paid and Etsy remitted on my behalf and take it out of my income. Or at least deduct it out in a separate tax section to show that it was collected and remitted to the appropriate state.

Pros

I like that I was able to sync my Etsy Shop account with the software. It is constantly updating sales from my account. Since I make handmade items for sale, it helps me track the material used for each order. I also like that it imports all of my listings and how many of each I have sold. If I were to make them in advance, it would track how many I have made on hand.

Cons

It is a bit over whelming at first. And I wish it was cheaper per month after the trial.

tammie from tigerpocket press

mostly good, but needs features.

i am sort of solving inventory issues, but there could certainly be a lot more automated features to take a lot of time off the process. if it could automatically update inventory in e-commerce systems and if it could send automatic emails to me when a product gets low, that would be hugely beneficial.

Pros

I like that it helps you price your goods including labor costs. it is pretty easy to use if you know the terminology of inventory. i also really like that it allows for consignment which a lot of other software does not. it allows for manual entry of orders which many other software programs do not.

Cons

i don't like that it doesn't update shopify or other ecommerce sites. so i have to update inventory in craftybase and then also go into shopify and update inventory there as well. you can set low inventory alerts, but it doesn't notify you, so you have to manually go in and check periodically to see which products are running low. seems to defeat the purpose of an alert. it also doesn't sync with bookkeeping systems or shipping systems.

Lisa from The English Ivy

A must for made-to-order businesses

I couldn't run my business without craftybase. I run a jewelry shop with thousands of orders per year. I've got over 200 skus with 70 variations each and CB makes it simple to create product recipes, manufactures, and adjust inventory. There is some initial setup for variations but after that it's all automated.v taxes are a breeze with this software

Pros

-automatically imports orders from multiple channels -automatically creates manufactures for products and decreases material stock levels -keeps track of all my expenses -provides tons of various reports to help during tax time -customer service is easy to reach and always helpful

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about craftybase!

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

Craftybase had inventory tracking as well as financial and is specifically designed for handmade businesses

Vy from Literary Lip Balms

Essential Software for Crafting and Inventory Management

Craftybase has been vital for transforming my hobby to a business. I would recommend it for anyone who would like to get a better overview of their inventory and sales (and have already referred several of my friends). It can require a bit of manual input/workaround at times to get it to work the way you want, and I hope they'll keep adding functionalities in the future.

Pros

Craftybase covers all needs I have as a small business owner / craftsperson. It enables lets you track recipes, manufactures, inventory, sales and costs, which is crucial if you're going to run a craft business of any kind. It has a great selection of reports that you can pull - from expenses (for tax purposes), to material overview, to category sales and many more. It's a decent price for what you're getting and I have not found any other software with the same user friendly interface and functionalities. Support is very responsive and usually gets back to you within 24 hours.

Cons

Some minor annoyances, such as no easy option to add bulk expenses (such as 10x postage fees for 10 different orders), edit imported orders, or handle bundles. It means putting in a bit more manual effort, but I'm hoping these are things that will be added over time. I also wish they would keep backup data for longer - I went maybe half a year without renewing my membership, and had to re-enter all the data again when I decided to renew.

Michelle from Midnight Scentworks

It's what every artisan needs

Once I understood that it takes time and effort to start using (and then keep using) Craftybase, it became much easier to run my business. I actually let Craftybase run ME. The customer service is top-notch (although I do wish they didn't run on UK time) and I'd be lost without it.

Pros

I love this software because the developers understand how a small manufacturing business works. They don't load you down with confusing features - just what you need when you need it. It has helped me get completely organized with raw materials, track all production, determine pricing and just basically keep everything straight. If you're a maker and you're not using it, you need to be.

Cons

I sometimes feel the software tries to be all things to all people. I really don't see why the accounting aspects are necessary and feel they are sometimes lacking.

Sean from PrintAPot

Using Craftybase to Improve Manufacturing and Track Costs

Currently able to describe our costs in terms of US Dollars per gram, and able to average our inventory into a proper Schedule C tax form. Their price guidance feature also enables us to make our business more sustainable.

Pros

- Tools for tracking individual manufacture events. - Tracking material lots, traceability reports. - Expense and material tracking. - Cycle Inventory Interfaces - Category feature allows tracking manufacture failure reasons - GMP encouragement and functionality

Cons

Interface is a bit slow in terms of UI. Some reports could be improved. Small new features are sometimes slow to be developed, despite requesting nearly two years ago.

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

Craftybase was listed on Etsy's list of integrations.

Elise from Mia jewelry creations

Life saving platform

Overall I'm extremely happy with this platform, makes keeping track of orders and products so easy

Pros

Best way I've found to keep track of inventory, orders and products I have for sale. Using multiple websites to sell is definitely easier with this program

Katie from Druid Chains

Excellent product for crafters

Craftybase let's me get an accurate picture of what actual COGS I'm selling are, and makes it easy to track inventory consigned over multiple locations. Responsive customer support, too.

Pros

Ability to integrate with other platforms and easily track sales and expenses. Actually costing out to get COGS is definitely high on the list.

Cons

There are some limits to reporting - there are some improvements that can be made in that area.

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

Easier to navigate, integration with multiple sales channels.

Grace from Tiny and Snail

Big learning curve but well thought out

I have faith that Craftybase will prove to be the right option for us. I think that once I *do* have it set up to fit our particular business, that it will be immensely helpful and far superior to the excel spreadsheets we were using.

Pros

The price point is excellent for the functions that you get in return. You can get technical support through email and they are quick to respond and very professional with their help.

Cons

Switching over from my previous inventory system to CraftyBase has been a HUGE learning curve. It's taken me so many hours of research and back and forth communication with their customer service team to try and set things up for my businesses particular situation. I'm still not properly set up after exchanging over 40 emails with them (wish they offered a tier where you could get direct phone support with an approved Craftybase consultant).

Sandra from Simple is Essential

Great Service! Very quick response time

Very good. I would recommend it to friends.

Pros

All my Etsy information automatically filters in. I can easily keep track of my expenses and revenue and know exactly where I am for the month. I love the ability to build recipes for a product before I actually make it to see where I would need to price it to be profitable.

Cons

Shipping cost are not allocated to the order automatically. I would love to be able to add packing materials to the cost of the order and to be able to keep track of the packing material inventory at the same time.

Janna from Papercraft Miracles

The only usable software for makers

Overall, Craftybase is the best software for my business. There is no other comparable program to track manufacturing of handmade goods in the way this software does. Is it perfect? No. But they are always making improvements based on user suggestions so I think it's only a matter of time until it does everything that I need it to. And the price? Totally reasonable for what it does.

Pros

This software allows me to track the costs of my materials and labor to accurately price my products. It also keeps track of all my expenses, manufacturing, inventory, tax info and more. It is super detailed and useful.

Cons

It doesn't have an option for tracking sales of services in the same way that it does for physical products. As someone who often does design and printing and other services with my products as well as workshops...there isn't a good way to designate which items are manufactured products and which are just services and don't have a cost of goods sold associated with them.

Laura from Madison Soap Company

Awesome Software

The customer service has been exceptional from the very start of this service and has not waned as they have gotten bigger. They always email me back within a few days if not the next day with a great answer that solves my issue or they tell me when my issue will be solved or put me on an email list for updates about the feature I request.

Pros

I like being the robustness of the reports craftybase offers. I like how it helps me to track my inventory in a detailed way. I like how it helps me figure out the cost of my item and helps me to automatically figure out the least amount I should charge for it on each channel. It integrates with my accounts on amazon and shopify, which makes inventory a breeze.

Cons

I don't love paying every month. Also, recently, I had to do some projections for how much of something to buy. I'd like it to have a feature that would look at my average usage of something over the last year, per month, and how much was currently in stock to tell me how much I should by.

Stefanie from A Common Thread

CraftyBase fills the niche of inventory software for craft businesses

After entering in my materials used, I can link them to my finished products so that I know exactly what inventory I have on hand and which products I can make at any time. Craftybase also automatically imports orders from various sources, which are mapped to my products. So, when it's time to fulfill orders I can see which products I need to make based on my orders, exactly the materials needed, and can easily track my production, which decreases my material count in real time. So my material inventory is always precisely up-to-date, and I can order supplies when I need them. It helps to keep me super organized with minimal effort to make sure my business runs smoothly.

Pros

It's absolutely perfect for my needs of running a small jewelry business. It keeps track of my supply inventory and how each material relates to finished products, to customer sales and production of those finished products. It's cloud based, which means I can check my orders and inventory from anywhere, and each section is intuitively linked to other sections, making it the only software I need to fully track my inventory and orders.

Cons

Nothing, honestly. It does everything I wanted it to, and intuitively.

Stephanie from Southern Girl Soapery

Industry: Cosmetics

Craftybase is a good fit for soap and cosmetic micro biz owners.

Craftybase is geared toward small craft businesses, but you aren't likely to outgrow it overnight. And the customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced, so if you run into issues or limitations, they will work with you towards a fix. The dashboard gives a snapshot of orders, expenses, stock levels, and profitability. And, a series of tabs lets you navigate to specific sections intuitively to input new activity or access info. It is a cloud-based, so its great those who need to access inventory information away from home base, or those who find that alternatives don't work on their favorite device. While some user may miss accounting and formulating features, the granular sales and inventory tracking alone make Craftybase worth the price.

Pros

-solid inventory tracking for raw materials, masterbatches, and finished product -COGS and tracking -pricing guidance -recipe archive -traceability tools for GMP compliance -order management -interfaces with several popular e-commerce solutions

Cons

-lacks robust accounting features -subscription software (instead of a one-time software fee) -requires internet connection to utilize -lacks formulating features specific to soap and cosmetics makers -no banking integrations -product bundle tracking is clunky

Mary from Charmed By Wine

Perfect for small craft business owners!

Craftybase is essential to helping me run my Handmade Etsy-based small business in addition to my 9-5 job, and everyday duties of 'homeowner', 'wife' and 'mom'. It is a great tool to streamline major business functions.

Pros

I can enter all my materials (in my case: various beads, wire, packaging materials, etc) and even set "recipes" for popular items so that when someone purchases an item, I can "Manufacture" it in the software and my materials are automatically deducted according to the recipe I set. I then get warnings anytime a specific material runs low. It's literally hands-off inventory management!

Cons

It's a LOT of data to input in the beginning. The time invested up front is well worth it though!

Lesli from Avital's Apiaries

Good, and hoping it will become great

Overall, I like it, and I appreciate that they keep adding features. The inventory system is really necessary for someone like me, and there are very few programs at this price point that will do it.

Pros

The software does the thing a small manufacturer like me needs most: keeps an inventory of supplies, manufactures, etc. It does it well, for the most part. It also handles multiple sales channels well, and gives me a good idea of costs.

Cons

The difficulty comes when you, say, want to sell off some of your inventory, or make a gift basket from your manufactured goods, or sometimes sell a pack of two instead of one. The software does not handle that well at all. It also isn't a full-fledged bookeeping program (you can't issue a credit, for instance). I'm not sure it needs to be, but it is a caveat.

Kasia from Rustic MAKA

Amazing and a must-have for any business!

It's been great to work with Craftybase. Their support is very responsive and provides the quality customer service it's hard to come by. One feature we just discovered was bundles and we are now are able to offer bundled products with an easy and no need for manual entry each week.

Pros

We used to use spreadsheets to keep track of our inventory and raw materials until I discovered CraftyBase. It was one of the best investments we've made. Software is super easy to use, provides many tools and features to keep track of not only inventory and materials but also orders, different locations where our products are sold. It's all-in-one type of software that any business should have.

Cons

Ability to sync to regular Amazon inventory/order system.

Response from Craftybase

Replied September 2019

Hi Kasia! Thanks for the review - you'll be pleased to hear that our Amazon integration is available for any US marketplace store, not just for Amazon Handmade :)

Lisa from Paragon Flavours

Great to keep track of inventory!

I love the fact that I can track my flavours down to the last mL! Re-ordering is a breeze now.

Pros

All the reports that you can pull from all the information about your inventory are fantastic

Cons

Learning how to initially set everything up. Everyone's needs are slightly different and wrapping your head around it can be daunting

Kristin from Silverhill Creative Millinery

Powerful! Great way to organize and track supplies & materials

I used to use Google sheets to track my materials. I thought Craftybase wouldn't be much use to me because my sales volume is pretty low. But because I make one-of-a-kind items, that means hundreds of unique materials. My spreadsheet got unwieldy! Once I started on Craftybase, I wish I had subscribed way sooner!

Pros

It's powerful and flexible. I've created some custom categories, and it enables me to search for things by color, style, etc. A really great way to keep track of inventory of materials on-hand. I can sort things by date, supplies purchased from a specific vendor, view only certain categories, etc. It integrates with Etsy, which is nice.

Cons

Some things I wish I could change preferences on (e.g. when/how sales tax is counted or not). Not really a con, but I'd love to be able to create custom fields (e.g. color, fiber content) rather than putting those things in the notes box.

Kaesha from McRay Designs

Great Software for most craft businesses

Overall I have found Craftybase to be useful and I will continue to use this software. If my business were structured a bit different, with less products and a condensed material base I would say this software is perfect.

Pros

I love that I can track materials I use and that each material can be linked to several different products. I can quickly see which materials I need to buy. I also love that I do not have to manually enter any of my sales and my daily accounting is done automatically. I can easily compare sales this month to sales this month last year without having to do any calculations on my own.

Cons

There is a lot of set up to get the materials all entered and then assign them to the products. I sell over 100 products in my shop with each one requiring many different materials. By the time I had every material entered and connected to all my products I had already discontinued some products and added others. My shop is a little too complex to be handled by just myself. To make this software work for me I would need to hire someone to help with updating the inventory numbers, yet I am to small to afford help. This software would be perfect for a shop with 10-30 products if the products only use a couple of materials each. I also don't like that I have to manually attach my shipping costs to the correlating order.

Melissa from Metals & Pieces

Easy to set up and use

Craftybase has 100% streamlined my manufacturing and supply ordering processes. I can scan through low inventory reports and know immediately what I need to purchase next.

Pros

My favorite features are supply ordering versus use breakdown ie purchase the supply by the foot and then use by the inch. The product recipe section is easy to set up and fantastic in usability. It makes tracking manufactures a breeze

Cons

I wish there was a better way to track payments. Right now it's just a check box. I would love to see a date and pay method field. Also would love the ability to print invoices without having to download them first.

Sarah from Group Therapy Wine

Must Have for Small Biz

Having a small business with over 200 skus, Craftybase allows me to track inventory, costs per item, materials with a few clicks. Its been a huge time saver for me and has given me insight on profitability that I didnt have before.

Pros

Craftybase frees up my time from manually tracking inventory, materials, etc so thats i can focus on whats most important. It also provides me with real time reports so a I can see sales, expenses, profitability, etc with a few clicks. Definitely recommend!

Cons

A few things like having to figure out why costs arent associated with a specific order can be frustrating

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

Because Zoho only deals with turnkey products and doesnt allow for manufacturing of items; also Craftybase allows me to track multiple channels and Zoho did not

Bonnie from Lanie Lou Jewelry

Ceaftybase for Jewelry Business

Pros

I like this this is a cloud-based application. It works well for a jewelry business to track inventory, expenses and sales. It integrates with a few of the more popular e-commerce handmade platforms.

Cons

Some of the bugs are frustrating. For example, some of the Etsy fees do not auto associate with sales/products. So when trying to associate these fees, the fields in the Associate dialog do not keep focus. I can click in the field and then start to enter the product or order just to find focus was lost and nothing is being entered. There are lots of associations that need to be made, so it's very frustrating to select the field and then lose focus most every time.

Jeannie from www.etsy.com/shop/creativeaddictionco

Can't Live Without It!

I can keep excellent track of inventory, profits and other finances, and pull reports at any time for taxes, stocktaking and more.

Pros

I love how I can keep track of all my inventory on hand, everything that has been sold, my profits, pull needed reports, automatic uploads and so much more.

Cons

It is a little confusing in the beginning but within 2 weeks, I was majorly loving this program.

Chelsea from Cass Dickson

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Couldn't work without it.

Pros

Craftybase is really easy to use and integrates with Shopify. Their accounting program makes tax time really easy. I love that I can manage all of my material and manufacturing costs as well as sales in one platform. I really spend so much time looking at where my business is financially in craftybase that I don't know what I would do without it. I'd highly recommend the program.

Cons

Sometimes they'll run updates without giving much notice so it'll take a bit of getting used to but is never too difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

I loved that craftybase is cloud-based so I can access it from my phone when I'm on the road.

Lynne from Soap Sistas llc

Industry: Cosmetics

Great inventory program for small handmade bus

CB is fairly easy to navigate and learn. Great customer support via email or real-time chat. I was able to run tax reports easily and keep track of inventory.

Pros

Affordable with different tiers and features. Great inventory program for small handmade business. Integrates well with e-commerce platforms and Etsy. Great response time with customer service. Web based and accessible from any computer. Ease of running different reports.

Cons

Would like to see some additional customization options with bundles/gift boxes and recipes. Would like to be able to add amounts of materials in more than one type of measurement (metric, US customary units) Also more customizations with reports

Sarah from International Sanctuary

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Review of Craftybase

Overrall, I recommend Craftybase. They make it possible to download all the data that has been inputted and see overall projections and uses that accorded. Also, it is helpful to be able to notify us when we are running out of materials and/or it is easy to see where mistakes are, so they can be fixed. The interface is fantastic from a quick glance. Just a few too many steps to input things individually.

Pros

I LOVE that it allows multiple different parts of the business to be tracked. Expenses, products, materials used, and labor all in one place. I also appreciate the ability to download csv files of the data to easily sort out information.

Cons

There are a lot of buttons to press to complete one task, so it is easy to accidentally click the the wrong button and archive materials and/or change the pricing without meaning.

MJ from Pahhhs Slipper Co

Great product for small business

It has really helped me to set up my own small handmade business! Initially there is a lot to setup, but once you get all of the baseline info in there it really makes costing and pricing -- and taxes! -- so much easier. And it gets easier every year.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. They are always adding new features and listening to what the users want. And their customer support is fantastic! They personally reply, very quickly, to any questions or issues.

Cons

A little clunky in some parts -- too many steps sometimes to get a task done. But, again, I feel they are addressing this and adding more streamlined functionality.

NA

Sarah from The Family Herbal Co.

Industry: Alternative Medicine

A great resource!

Pros

It keeps me organized and I love that I can refer to my recipes easily. My favorite part is the automatic cost analysis and recommendations for pricing new products.

Cons

Probably the price. It does get a little pricey, so Ive had to say no to some of the features I really wish I could utilize, like the batch # feature.

Mystique from Ouroboros Herbals

I don't know what I'd do with out Craftybase

Pros

Great functionality! It has everything I need to run my handcrafted skincare business. I can sync my eCommerce channels with my inventory and keep track of raw materials and packaging materials, whole loaves of soap (product components) down to individual bars(products). Craftybase also gives me monthly reports for local sales tax purposes. Thank you for making my life easier!

Cons

It takes a little getting used to, but once you have everything set up it runs smoothly. Searching the help section is easy and you can always reach out and ask for help.

Darren from Saepe Soaps

Industry: Cosmetics

How can I praise this software and company enough?

Pros

The best thing about working with Craftybase is the customer support. At first trying to figure the program out was rather daunting but the two owners were so very approachable and helpful in their aid they gave. They are also just two incredibly kind people who have designed great software for those of us who make things. But maybe the thing I like most is the sheer scope of the program. It just seems to accommodate all of my needs. Or maybe it its calculation of my COGs. I especially like that. Get the picture? There's lots to like here.

Cons

There was one aspect of my business I was having trouble setting up in Craftybase. But then when I thought of it I had to concede that the aspect I was trying to accommodate had nothing really to do with any kind of production and therefore Craftybase wasnt even set up to accommodate this.

Cassandra from So Fetch Company

The answer for creatives

My overall experience with crafty bass has been excellent its really helping me get a handle on how I run my business overall I couldnt imagine moving forward to growing without it.

Pros

I love how crafty base to make everything so much easier with managing my supplies and my cost of good sold automatically based on the supplies I enter. It integrates with Etsy it makes it seamless and super easy to manage my business .

Cons

I have yet to find a reason to be disappointed

Samantha from Willow WaxCraft

A must-have for handmade businesses!

Very positive- team is quick and responsive when issues arise. So much more than your basic business financial software- this is tailored to craft businesses and understands how they work.

Pros

Everything I need is in one place- my inventory, my product formulas, my orders, my expenses, my financial reports. I would be lost without it!

Cons

Big time investment up front inputting materials and expenses, but pays off in the long term. A bit of a learning curve and a few small functionalities missing ( it has trouble handling product bundles) but the pros far outweigh the cons for me.

Jacqueline from J & M Handmade Creations

I love having my customers all in one place with orders and supplies

Pros

That I can do everything for my business on it

Cons

Its hard to understand in the beginning and no one to talk to just email

Natalie from My Creaky Stairs Jewelry

Craftybase has saved me thousands of $$ in time

As a one woman show, Craftybase has saved me thousands of dollars in time not spent inventory tracking and bookkeeping. Well worth the monthly fee. All my inventory issues are managed and I know it will be accurate for tax time.

Pros

Craftybase integrates almost seamlessly with both Etsy and Shopify. Every time I have had a question or issue, custom service is super helpful and quick. Ive been using the software for over 5 years, and over that time the developers have listened to community feedback and greatly increased the efficiency and functionality of the software. Once you understand the terminology, you can manipulate the software to benefit your business needs.

Cons

Could use more bulk edit functionality, and the ability to back edit where a change in a material is automatically reflect in all product recipes and all previous manufactures.

Lindsey-Star from Star Apothecary LLC

Industry: Cosmetics

Great overall database and expenses

Keeping track of COGs and expenses.

Pros

For a handmade business, it is great to keep track of materials, recipes, components.

Cons

The storefront integration isnt quite what I would prefer. If it was a true all in one solution that would be really helpful. It was well worth it at the promotional price but iffy at regular price.

Christa from Ryan Mae Designs

Craftybase saved my sanity and inevitably my business!

I was swimming in receipts, spreadsheets, and access databases before switching to Craftybase. Now I feel like my ducks are in a line and I know which direction my business is headed in.

Pros

I like that I have live time inventory data. I load in new items, can run reports on hand qtys. And see how many orders are pending for what.

Cons

I think it could be designed with a little more click and play.

Anya from Elisabetta Studio

Excellent for small handmade business

Craftybase has been a great system to use for my business that needs to track material usage and costs as I manufacture my products. I have been very happy with it and its ease of use.

Pros

Ease of calculating COGS. Also, it's integration with Square Register is excellent

Cons

Wish it integrated with Squarespace. Also, the variances automatically created with imports from Square Register are not overly helpful

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

The ability of the program to track materials inventory and calculate COGS

Amanda from Naked Soap

Perfect for Batches!

Has been great. I dont really call to complain so I guess were all good.

Pros

This is a great way to keep track of all my inventory, batches and packaging. I love how I can make a full product and craftybase will actually account for everything right down to the time used, cap and stickers. It really keeps my business profitable and professional. Good customer service! intergrades with so many options. Very cost effective.

Cons

Its needs a Canadian tax/paperwork section. Would love for it to automatically recognize an invoice and copy it in. menu set up

Angela from Brightsmith

Makes tax time a breeze!

Love it. There's no substitute.

Pros

It calculates true Cost of Goods Sold based on the cost of my inventory, including pro-rated shipping/handling fees and taxes from suppliers.

George from LocalBeavers

Craftybase works for us

Pros

It simplifies the process of figuring out how much to charge on a manufactured item, it basically does my taxes for me and it allows me to know what I need to restock (products or materials) with just a click or two.

Cons

It should integrate more. You have all my user data, why can't I automatically Import it into mailchimp? Why can't I create a shopping list and export it to my local online diy shop? I also can't collate my inventory on the other platforms when something sells on another - access is read only. You could do more with what you've built. Its great - it could be amazing.

Leigh from LeighBee Designs

Customer Service is above and beyond

I like the cost analysis of products, the recipe creation for each product and auto production for online sales.

Pros

Owning a craft business it is hard to find methods of maintain inventory levels, when I found craftybase I tried the trial and loved it. In addition to the ease of use, everytime I have a question I get a fast, professional response with an easy solution to my issue.

Cons

I can't think of any other than it does not integrate Etsy shipping labels. It will download but you have to associate it to the sale. It is an easy process. But if you neglect doing it it can take some time to catch up.

Amy from Amy Friend Jewelry

Can't live without it!

Lifesaver, timesaver.. Wish I'd had it from the very beginning of my business.

Pros

Craftybase is an easy to access, straightforward platform that keeps tabs on my 100s of items (materials & finished products) in inventory.

Cons

There are some small details that could be improved upon, and Craftybase seems to be very responsive to user input to improve these details.

Leslie from Whimsy Gardens

Excellent Accounting Software

This software has saved me money and time while keeping perfect track of inventory.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is much cheaper than similiar software.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like about this software. I have had no problems and have not had to call customer service.

Cheaper

A must have for handmade business

If you have a business that is already operational, it may take time to get up and running in the software. But Craftybase is by far the best solution for managing my inventory.

Pros

My absolute favorite thing about the software is the ease of tracking inventory levels. Not only finished products but also supplies.

Cons

It's not possible to change a classification/category once you create it. Inventoriable vs non-inventoriable or one product type vs another

manon from Sisters of the Sun

Craftybase review

I totally keep my inventory, my product pricing and my sales inline by using Craftybase. It's so simple to use and if you do have a question you get a reply quickly. I wouldn't even entertain using another company.

Pros

Once you're set up it's so easy to use. My inventory is always on hand. I couldn't function without Crafttbase. I've made my end of the year so much easier for myself and my accountant.

Cons

I've really had no complaints about this software.

Rebecca from The Good Rub

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Craftybase has changed the way we do business.

The Craftybase team is always so helpful and quick to respond. They even turned one of my suggestions into a feature and then made sure to tell me so I could use it! I really think you get a lot of value with Craftybase.

Pros

We manufacture bath and body care products and have increased our private label customer base which means there are more things to track. Craftybase keeps us on track with inventory, material inventory, orders and expenses. They are always trying to improve the software and add suggested options.

Cons

There isn't really anything I like least, but I do wish that the sales channel's variations would match up with the variations I create in Craftybase so I don't have to manually adjust every order to reflect the size.