Browse Finale Inventory Reviews

John from BattlBox

Great product, but more importantly, great leadership!

Pros

The software works exactly how it was intended to! Working with Finale leadership to setup our customization was a breeze! Great product and a great team!

Cons

I have nothing negative to share about this product! Love Finale!

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

lack of functionality and features that are business eneeded.

Blythe from Landon Haney Co.

Finale has improved everything in our company

Finale was introduced to our company after a long, tedious process of finding and then trying to implement another IMS (Fishbowl). I was skeptical of the great reviews and claims from other users since I had really been put through the wringer by another company during implementation. After going through a demo and poking around a bit, I was sold. Importing all of the data was a breeze, the user interface is intuitive and for me, the best part is that if I did hit a snag, I could be on a screen share with a Finale rep in no time and they would patiently walk me through it. I'm not exaggerating when I say Finale made everything better. It has transformed the way we do business by allowing us to manage our inventory accurately across multiple sales channels and provide a better experience for our customers.

Pros

Finale implementation is quick and pretty simple. We use it with ShipStation and the learning curve was practically non-existent because it's so intuitive. Importing data is just a matter of copying and pasting a spreadsheet into their import tool. This makes adding and updating products/customers/vendors/etc. a breeze. I also generate invoices from Finale. We have pretty long production lead times on the majority of our products so predicting stock outs is very important to us and we can trust Finale to calculate that information correctly. The basic reporting is good but the ability to customize existing reports or create your own is excellent. Most importantly, their level of customer service is absolutely top notch.

Cons

We did have some hiccups with marketplace integrations but we able to work with Finale to create workarounds that have been fine.

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

Fishbowl really provided no implementation support themselves. Once we signed the contract, it was crickets from them. We had to hire a consultant and frankly, she was a nightmare to deal with. We had so much trouble importing our data that we had zero confidence that the actual product would work.

Regina from TMS Automotive DBA Stryker Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Finale Makes Our World Easier

Our overall experience with Finale has been thumbs up; our facility would not be able to run like a well-oiled machine without this system. Kudos to all!

Pros

Using Finale makes our daily takes run smoothly, and hiccups are fixed in a timely manner, the troubleshooting team is outstanding.

Cons

There aren't any known issues with Finale within our team.

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

Finale was the only product implemented 6 years ago and we can't fix what isn't broken.

cameron from Big Y FLy Co

Is slower than God

Pros

Was pretty easy to use, although cumbersome with all the screens you have to use to add on product, cannot add inventory from the item page, so quite a few unnecessary clicks there. Also goes into negative inventory which for us means when there is an error we have to manually reset items to zero, would be nice if there was an option to just have inventory go to 0. Also be nice if it has a seasonality feature for ordering, like we need more of this widget for winter etc.

Cons

It stalls out constantly, no matter the browser no matter the computer, especially on weekends basically unusable, and by the time email support gets back to you it is better again, but they never admit an issue or offer a fix or apology.

Ken from Bulk Candy Store

Great product and customer service

Overall we are very happy with Finale Inventory. The sotware does what it need to and the customer service team is outstanding!

Pros

Coming from an open source erp that was complicated I loke how easy it is to find and do things in Finale. I especially like the cut and paste spreadsheet import system. This makes it much easier to accomplish many tasks. As with wany new software, customer service is really importat and the people at Finale get and A+ in customer service. They offer live training, video tutorials and are always avaailable to answer questions.

Cons

We are new to the software and have found nothing we really would want to change.

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

We are swithcing our e-commerce platform and wanted something that integrates better with our new tech stack. In addition, Finale seems easier and the customer service is excellent. Odoo is open source so support support is limited. We are paying more but have a priduct more usable for us.

Joe from FORMUFIT

Industry: Building Materials

A Hidden Gem

Since its inception into our business, Finale was incredibly easy to use, simple and straightforward. With an excellent support team and support documentation, we were set up in less than a single day. After that we barely had to get in touch with support, as the self administering factor of Finale is what makes it so great.

Pros

Finale is incredibly easy to use and provided our company the ability to scale up by using additional features of the product over time. Our inventory is always spot-on as the integrations with various merchants and other software is excellent.

Cons

The only issue we hold with Finale is their lack of support for iOS and iOS browsers. One could easily integrate the standard browser interface into Finale with some changes and allow those who have an iOS or Mac-based environment be able to use their existing hardware with off-the-shelf scanners.

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

Finale has everything, value in cost, access to multiple platforms and marketplaces, customization and kitting/bundling.

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

We needed a platform that would handle packs or kits, while keeping our standard inventory up to date.

Craig from Mission Del Rey Southwest

Have multiple sales channels? Finale works!

Overall I have to say one of the most impressive experiences with Finale is its people. It's a small group of people who work personally to help you get set up and learn the system. They know their stuff, are professional and friendly. It really is like they are a part of your own team. Their customer service is fantastic, they respond quickly and can get you moving in the right direction right away. You get the feeling that they want to help you be successful.

Pros

The software is impressive because it works. Our previous inventory management software would have "glitches" sometimes it didn't sync our five sales channels so we were constantly experiencing inventory issues. That stopped with Finale and our numbers have been spot on since. One thing that makes Finale a winning choice for us is that it integrates with Square which we use for POS in our brick and mortar store. Finale keeps our store, website and internet marketplaces inventory synced in near real time.

Cons

I have to force myself to come up with things I don't like about Finale. But if I could have a wish list, I would like it to automatically sync new products every few minutes like it does with inventory rather than nightly. Although, you can manually initiate the sync. A little more automation with sales channel associations and expected product cost would be nice too.

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

Stitchlabs was being sunset by the new owner.

Karen from Fundraising For A Cause

Finale Is Great

I have to say the people at Finale are wonderful to deal with. We have had to have numerous calls and they are always so helpful.

Pros

We have a lot of product assembly kit items and finale allows you to create those and have the pieces taken out of inventory when the kit is sold. It is hard to find a good kitting inventory software.

Cons

We had to convert our cases to pieces to make this software work with the multiple locations. It is very hard for us to get use to this.

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

Mainly because they could do it all and were cheaper than Cin7. They are United States based so that for us was a big plus too as we wanted to be able to contact someone during business hours should we have a problem.

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

Inflow was not able to communicate with the multiple selling channels.

Kristin from Hairbrella

Hairbrella x Finale

I've had an awesome experience with Finale so far. We plan to grow and they assured us they'd grow with us.

Pros

The setup process was very straight forward. Setting up your inventory system can be very tedious but it's very important that it is done correctly. Finale can be fully customized for any type of business.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything at all. Finale can be pretty complex to a new user so I would suggest teaming up with support. They're very friendly and can help you become a Finale pro in no time.

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

The reviews were amazing and the onboarding team sealed the deal with their excellent customer service. They went over and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed to succeed.

David from Laptap Enterprises

Industry: Consumer Electronics

10/10

I am very satisfied with the system. Never regretted my decision in choosing your services. After-sales service is also top-notch. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very knowledgeable and helpful. I am looking forward to your improvements coming end of the year as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has mentioned.

Pros

I like most is its flexibility to handle items with serial numbers.

Cons

Some functions are not present like returning an item to a supplier is not available in the Purchase Order and I would have wanted to be able to write a note per serial number/Lot ID.

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

Finale offers more of what I'm looking for in a system.

Brett from Microfiber Wholesale

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Finale Inventory Has Transformed Our Company

We had purchased another inventory management system (Fishbowl) prior to Finale and we struggled to get it implemented for an embarrassingly long time. Everybody in the organization that touched it, hated it... and eventually I decided to abandon it and start my search over. After looking at an endless amount of options a friend recommended Finale. I remember looking at the reviews on Capterra and thinking it was just too good to be true, but that if they were true, I'd found my system. I poured through the demo videos expecting to find something that didn't jibe with how we did business, but I never did. So we started a trial. I was very worried about push back from my staff, especially from the person that would be in charge of implementing it. Within 20 minutes of her poking around she was in love. Once we decided to move forward with it we were ready to start using it within a few weeks. We're using Finale with ShipStation. The learning curve for both was almost non-existent. I have total buy-in from everybody that touches it. It's allowed us to become way better about keeping inventory in stock, made purchasing in time from overseas much easier. It's virtually eliminated shipping errors. For the first time in 20 years of running an inventory based business I TRUST what my inventory management system tells me I have in stock. Most importantly, Finale has made us light years better at serving our customers.

Pros

Customer support is insanely good. It accurately tracks inventory across several warehouses and sales channels. The integration with Shipstation has revolutionized how we pick, pack and ship. Creating and tracking bills of material across many complicated assemblies is easy and intuitive. Picking using handheld scanners has virtually eliminated errors. In fact, we just went 30 days without a single report of a shipping error from a customer, and have averaged less than a 0.2% error rate in the 8 months that we've been using Finale. With our old system, the error rate was close to 3.0%. Cycle counts with handhelds have eliminated the need to close down to take inventory, we're going to be off on December 31st for the first time ever!

Cons

We had a little bit of trouble with how Finale tracks BOM of an assembly sold on a marketplace, but worked with their support to find a workaround that has been satisfactory. Even though we didn't like the way it handled it out of the box, we felt like our needs were listened to and a permenant fix is being worked on.

Rod from PeakMoto

Excellent Cloud Based Inventory Solution For E-Commerce/3rd Party Website Sales

Pros

What isn't there to love about Finale Inventory! We have been a using Finale Inventory since August 2014 and absolutely love it. We are an online retailer selling primarily on eBay and Amazon including Amazon FBA. Some of the features we love: -Highly Customizable, nearly everything within the software can be customized to the way you want to view it on screen, printed as a report, for search, etc. - Shipstation Integration (Complete integration including even quick view of stock levels from multiple sources within individual Shipstation Orders). - Push Stock Levels (Automatically pushes stock levels to all marketplaces, which for us is Amazon, EBay and Shopify). -Push Lead Days (Automatically sends lead time to marketplaces as stock levels change from different suppliers). -Easy Copy Paste spreadsheet type updates - If you are fine with Excel, they have made the system easy with a simple copy paste to add new items, update stock levels, change prices etc. -Multiple product lookups - ability to link multiple SKUs to one master SKU -Kits and Bundles support - Easy to build kits with bill of materials and push stock levels to market places. -Multiple Locations/Warehouses -Multiple custom item attributes -Quickbooks accounting integration. -Quick view item sales history -FAST customer support. -Developers seem to be open to adding new features based on customer input.

Cons

Coming from a different software previously (Inflow Inventory), there was a steep learning curve as you would expect. Figuring out how you want to customize your screen takes some time as there are just so many features.

Joseph from Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis

Superb service, perfect for our needs, easy to use

Pros

We are part of a university research lab group that uses Finale to track supplies of biospecimen collection kits (builds) and lab supplies. The ability to create builds (to track individual components) for our kits is wonderful! Also, the ability to track lot identifiers and expiration dates is critical for lab reagents and things like blood collection vials. Having Finale Inventory has really helped as our group as we have grown. It's very easy to use and their are still numerous features that we haven't fully explored. Pricing is very reasonable as well. The customer service is FANTASTIC! Chinh (Co-founder, Finale Inventory) has always been very accessible and replies promptly. He's spent extra time walking through problems with us over the phone. This company really goes out of their way to make sure their customers are happy. I can't stress that enough. We have used Finale since late 2014 and are currently in the process to expand our use of it. We are very pleased with both the software and the tremendous customer service and user support.

Cons

Overall, we are extremely happy with the software. Sometimes our inventory numbers get off due to user error, especially when our builds change (which is not often). So we don't suggest relying solely on re-order thresholds. This is a problem more with our workflow than the software, but it would be nice if there were some kind of mechanism to assist with build changes and inventory audits (though there are great report features and barcode tracking is an option). We have discussed upgrading to use the barcode tracking (which would probably help alleviate this problem for us), but have not made that commitment. The ability to control user permissions and access (like completely separating inventory) is also a little limited, but we haven't really had problems from this. Finale does allow you to assign inventory to different custom locations, but we did decide to get a second account to fully separate our inventory tracking between two groups that never share inventory. On the other hand, being able to share inventory and easily move items from one location to another is also a great benefit.

Caleb from Powered by Awesome

Industry: Wholesale

The best recommendation for a warehouse management system we've ever gotten!

Pros

I have been using Finale for over Six months now and it really has been one of the better decisions that we have made moving forward with a warehouse management system. It was recommended to us by mutual friends. We came from using Skubana and there were so many things that just didn't work nor met our expectations about a WMS. We had to change a lot of our natural workflow to adapt to Skubana limitations and even then, it was a struggle. When we first considered changing our system to Finale we were very sceptical since we had already committed so much to Skubana. We thought we would need to start back at square one and the entire gruesome process would start again. That wasn't the case at all, the switch over to Finale was not even a days' worth of work. It was so easy to set everything up that we were operating at 80% in the first 3 hours. One of the most notable things about Finale is that we were able to address every single problem that our previous WMS could not. Some examples were Dynamic Purchase Order Integration, Location Auditing, System Search functions (Searched the entire database for items rather than just what is categorized under a supplier), and the ability to push fake qty and live qty for the same item for different listings on the same store. Finale works on having the system work, while some other WMS (Skubana) work on making their systems look good. I look forward to seeing Finale grow more and more!

Cons

Nothing really, so far Finale has been really great. I have already been recommending Finale to a lot my other eCommerce friends that work in similar workflows that we do.

Austin from Nutra Connection

Industry: Warehousing

Finale Does That

As a fulfillment company we had inventory for 20+ different clients each wanting an inventory report at any given time and for sure at the end of each month. Before Finale we were tracking inventory only on spreadsheets, this meant hours and hours were spent physically counting inventory. I can't tell you how many late nights were spent at the warehouse counting inventory. Once Finale was implemented those late nights were no more. Finale immediately saved us hours of time, no more long days of physically counting every piece in our warehouse. We have numerous kitting projects and kits that are shipped from our warehouse, the Build feature has helped our company immensely with tracking inventory components of each build and keeping everything organized and easily accessible across our entire company. I could go on and on about the features and flawless customer support Finale offers!

Pros

I love having the BoM feature. It has helped with our Kits that are either pre-built for the pick line or are a bundle that need to be shipped together. It has helped immensely with tracking inventory.

Cons

Wish it had an ios app for when I am away from my desk, that could easily pull up and display information.

Kevin from Resilient Systems

Without good customer service, even the best software is pretty much worthless.

Simple inventory that fits how we work.

Pros

Finale Inventory is very easy to use, not overly-built and accessible to the small-medium sized business who do not need a complicated ERP management type system. Right out of the gate, it is very easy to set up and start using, so that you can be productive in the first day. Simply start where you need, and build outward from there. There is no need to make things complicated. You can start small and add things in as you need. The concept of a "build" is especially helpful to assist in managing products that are parts of other stock inventory products, and you can utilize this concept for as many layers as makes sense. For instance, several products can be included into another product "build". That product can then one of several products that make up another product "build". And so on, and so on. You can make things as granular or as broad as you need, and Finale Inventory will assist in this process, without limiting your style of work. It is web-based so that it is accessible anywhere you are traveling. Finale Inventory has everything a basic inventory system should have, without the overwhelm usually associated with such systems. Customer service is extremely responsive and superb. We recently asked for a report that we needed for stock takes - on a Sunday night. On Monday morning, it was finished. EXCELLENT! Highly recommended to test drive , you won't be disappointed.

Cons

A web interface has it's limitations, but even that is being improved! Being in the cloud make internet connectivity necessary when using. No surprises there.

Aaron from Bapmic Auto Parts Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

Finale can tackle the challenges facing eCommerce Businesses with an ease that I cannot believe.

Honestly, we have seen a 100% or more efficiency increase in daily operations since taking on Finale. Every aspect of our eCommerce business was improved by the implementation of this software. I would recommend it to anyone needing a solution for warehouse management, regardless of their stance in the eCommerce world. The pure inventory capabilities of this software are exemplary. We have been able to improve our receiving, order accounting, inventory maintenance, returns, shipments; literally EVERY aspect of our business was improved by the acquisition of this software.

Pros

Many eCommerce businesses face challenges from many different aspects of the sales/inventory flow; here at Bapmic Auto Parts Inc., we were no exception. As a large company with channels in eBay, Amazon, WalMart, and local sales, we desperately needed a ROBUST and COHERENT warehouse/sales management system. After deciding that a cloud based software was the way to go, I proceeded to test a multitude of TOP ERP/Warehouse Management software(s). These ranged from Odoo, SKUVault, ERPNext, and the like, to more advanced solutions like SAS, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, and so on. I was surprised in my research to find very few comprehensive solutions that would supply us with all the tools needed to unify our operations. Then, I stumbled upon Finale...needless to say, I was extremely, and pleasantly surprised. Finale's ability to leverage ShipStation for inventory and order recording is second to none. The ease of setup, operation, and customization is a refreshing change in the world of open source, cumbersome solutions, versus overpriced, over-complicated systems. Custom Integrations? Endless. Multiple warehouses? No problem. Multiple BINS? Done. Suppliers, purchasing, re-ordering? Done, done, and done. Sales, customers, advanced reporting, accounting charts, and inventory history? Yep, it's covered. Receiving? Of course, even with Expiration Dates or LOT ID's. Can it barcode?? Yes sir. Support? Top Notch. Take the Free Trail, you will NOT be disappointed.

September 2015

September 2015

Finally, An Inventory Management Solution That Does Just That, Really Well

After months of testing and trialing every inventory management software and system on the market, Finale has been such a blessing! From the very first day of signing up, the Finale owner and team have been extremely helpful and responsive to any and every one of our questions or concerns. The interface, layout and organization of the Finale app is extremely user-friendly and does not distract the user with unnecessary formats, colors, layouts and displays. We love the minimalist approach. Everything you need and nothing you don't. The search feature is so optimal and incomparably easy to use within every view option. Your search results are instant and appear immediately as you start typing. Finale has the best import tool we have ever seen. You simply copy cells from excel and paste them into the web browser. Finale takes care of the rest. This truly intuitive copy/paste import feature makes saving, importing and editing your catalog via excel spreadsheets a thing of the past. Generating purchase and sales orders were a real pain-point with previous trial services. PO generating in Finale is intuitive and automatic enough so that anyone on our team could go in and place orders with the suppliers stored in the system. You can also create custom fields, which we use for internal communication to streamline our operations. If you use Ship Station (in our opinion the best shipping management software), this is where Finale’s strength is. It flawlessly sync’s with Ship Station ensuring that you only ship products that are in stock and order out-of-stock items. Finale gives you the things you want in an inventory management software without all the fluff. We tried other solutions that tried to be an all-in-one solution, but they all end up being mediocre services. Finale does one thing really well and that’s inventory management. Regular updates of the software leave our team comfortable knowing that as a system, Finale is always pushing for optimal streamlined cutting edge performance and integrations. We are elated to be using Finale and already have accounts for both of our companies.

Pros

Cloud based, unlimited users, copy and paste import and edit features, easy stock take, integration with ShipStation with regular attention and upgrades. Strongest search feature we’ve seen. Slick interface and automatic purchase order generation.

A L from Catholic Media Corporation

Finale Inventory Review

Pros

The ability to integrate with ShipStation, maintain an accurate inventory, produce accounting reports and make drop shipments. I have very much appreciated my time using Finale Inventory. Their team has a can do attitude that has been always ready to address and help with any question or issue that I have had using their program. An additional plus for Finale Inventory is that they always working to improve its functionality. Finale is not one of those companies that is stagnant and resting on their laurels, but are constantly working to grow and improve their program for the end user. This is a great solution for smaller companies that have been outpriced by cloud based systems that are more oriented to mid to larger companies.

Cons

It would be nice if there was complete functionality on a mobile device. Drop down boxes within the program work in the Windows 10 environment, but not within Andorid. There is a little bit of a learning curve to understanding the program, but in actuality it is only because it is such a great program and there is so much that you can do in its environment to maintain an accurate inventory and produce accounting reports.

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

The bottom line and impetus for me making the move to Finale was pricing. It is reasonably priced and while I'm sure it can do what mid to larger companies may require for inventory, it was form fit for my small business.

Annmarie from Sai Maa LLC

Industry: International Trade and Development

Great System and Improving All the Time

Unfortunately I get the honor of saying that I have been involved in many system purchases, conversions and implementations throughout the years. This applies to many different system types (i.e. accounting, 3rd party bolt ons, inhouse builds, payroll, inventory, analytics, etc.). Finale may forgo at this point some of the 'prettiness' for full throttled efficiency, company specific customization and outstanding customer service. Which is the right direction for me and the companies that I represent. Pretty doesn't get the job done. Not that it can't but too many software companies sell you a system that looks pretty but is limited. Or requires you to continue to purchase additional features...Finale has it built in. While I know Finale has been working on 'pretty' I would still recommend to them to focus on the things that have brought some world class professionals in the area of inventory to their doorstep. I'm a tough customer but this company has partnered with us - I give them a high recommend and look forward to their continued growth.

Pros

Efficient Entry Customization both in entry fields and reporting Great Customer Service! Company always seems to be working on system improvements

Cons

All systems lack something but there are no real standouts to me right now. Having done so many system ups, I have had to find less manual or other workarounds to run this system.

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

Customization. Was able to work within my current organizations processes without having to make adjustments to the system itself. Less work arounds. Easy integration. Great customer service and engineers available to discuss system prior to purchase.

Steve from Antelope Shoes

November 2015

Finale is the best SMB inventory, orders and returns management system on available on the market!

We've been searching the right system to take our company to the next level, lowering working hours and human errors in managing our inventory, sales and especially returns. We've been checking 13 different cloud based software solutions and were mainly interested in 3 features: 1. Manage and sync inventory between our online platforms, Amazon and Magento and offline wholesale orders - so there will be no sells for out of stock items. 2. Manage and sync orders between our online based platforms, shipping platform, ShipStation and our accounting software, QBO - so we won't have to retype those fields to create invoices and payments and prevent human errors in this important area. 3. Manage returns - simply as that! I can't believe that an item based business (not a service based) doesn't manage it's returned orders same as it's outgoing orders. Too much to ask? So first, apparently, very few of the 13 platforms we checked have a returns management system. Some is still in development and most of them don't even have it. Finale has a simple Sale Return feature that does just that in a very smart manner. Second, most platforms sync automatically with QBO, with rules that are hard coded in their software. This has created a big mess in our QBO account, creating new customers, orders on a different serial number and duplicate items. Finale has a manual sync with QBO that shows you exactly what is going to be synced and you can configure it to work as you wish. Last and not least, many of the platforms had lots of connection problems with Magento, in addition to miss information when syncing to ShipStation like the shipping method, weight of the package etc. Finale integration works great! all the order information comes right to ShipStation and then to Finale to sync inventory to the other marketplaces almost instantly. Finale has a simple look and interface which may look old fashion comparing the new fancy looks but you should know to "not judge a book buy it's cover"!. Finale works fast. really fast! importing new information, sync orders and inventory and many more. It has many options that helps you configure Finale to work for you and not the opposite. They offer quick way to import information, use a barcode scanner and many different kinds of reports. They have a dedicated team that it is a pleasure to contact in any case or problem, and any software have some. We hope Finale will keep grow and improve and wish them all the best!

Chris from With You Lockets

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Finale has been instrumental in helping our company grow!

Any roadblock I have ever encountered has been effectively removed by Finales outstanding customer support!

Pros

Finale is easy to understand and their customer service is absolutely outstanding! As a multichannel ecommerce seller, with a robust magento 2 website, B2B portal, wholesale and retail accounts, Finale has been instrumental in managing our inventory, purchase orders, sales and shipping services with simple and easy to use integrations backed up by top notch customer support. Finale's support and adaptability has allowed us to gain in-depth insight into our business. By working with us and our changing needs, Finale has helped us manage profitability of our products, customer trends, ecommerce channel sales and supplier ordering, allowing us to grow seamlessly over several years. We have come to rely on Finale as an integral part of our business, and I can't imagine being able to manage the intricate aspects of our business without it!

Powerful functionality , Subpar UX

Overall I feel like Finale Inventory offers the most robust, powerful inventory management platform out there.

Pros

Overall, the functionality Finale Inventory offers is better than all the other software platforms I have tested and used over the years. The ability to map product aliases to a master sku is a necessary process I have found lacking on similar platforms. Finale offers a simple and straightforward way to manage this. Setting up warehouses

Cons

The user interface is lacking. The platform is fast and their simple UI keeps it that way, but it certainly looks outdated. In addition their reporting and document templates are lacking, with a non-intuitive way to customize them. Also, there's no real FBA integration. Essentially, you set up a virtual type of warehouse, call it AMAZON-FBA, set inventory levels, and then map those sales to that warehouse. There's no real querying of FBA to check inventory levels and show discrepancies. Although their approach is workable, it would very nice to actually have a real integration with FBA rather than a band-aid approach.

August 2016

Steve

August 2016

Chocoley Loves Finale

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you how pleased Chocoley is with using Finale as our inventory management system. Having been on the Finale system for the past year, we have been able to easily integrate our website, Chocoley.com, Shipstation, QuickBooks and Amazon.com for a seamless and accurate management of our inventory across all marketing & sales channels. Prior to using Finale, we were completely in the weeds and had nothing but problems managing our inventory. The idea of selling in different channels was a pipedream and thanks to Finale, it's not just a desire, but reality. If anyone is thinking about utilizing Finale, they should move forward, as it is the right decision. No costly software to buy and the customer support has truly been unbelievable... I am always amazed at how much time and energy you guys have provided in answering questions or helping new employees get indoctrinated into using the system... always with a great attitude and willingness to help and never making us feel like we're taking too much time...and not charging a dime for that added benefit is HUGE!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing a great product and awesome service at such a reasonable price. I can't imagine using anyone other than Finale for our inventory management system.

If you like working with spreadsheets, you'll love this

Great. Easy. I was set up - by myself - before my trial ended.

Pros

Best part about this is the copy and paste from a spreadsheet. Seriously the most ingenious way to import product data. I hate saving files on my computer and then needing to find the file... I can make changes to a list of items sooo quickly.

Cons

When I have to import information, rather than one screen, I have to import the product - then import the lookup - then import the quantity - then import the cost. Mind you, I copy the data set once and then just have to paste it into 4 different screens, but it's annoying and if I get distracted, I might easily forget a step

Connection and Ease of setup

November 2015

Michael from Sneaky Pete Holsters, Inc.

Robust, Elegant, and Intelligent Inventory Management Software

We've been in the business of eCommerce for almost 15 years and while there are many options for building a sales platform, off-the-shelf back end options have always been somewhat lacking. In our experience product inventory management software is either far too complicated or requires contortions to integrate with the big names in website platforms. To make matters worse, when you use a third party order management system generally things get unnecessarily complicated. We found Finale Inventory in the course of our search and immediately started poking around the software. I'm notorious for needing to use something first before I commit and Finale gave us the opportunity to take their software for a test ride. It's hard to describe first impressions, as I've been burned before by software that looked either too slick (and didn't really understand what inventory software should be) or too austere (but with so many unnecessary features you wonder if the designer ever actually managed inventory). To embrace hyperbole for a moment, Finale Inventory is 'just right'. Every time I thought it might lack some important feature I discovered that the feature was there, just one level deeper down so that it didn't clutter the user interface. This is important because the software is robust to say the least, without being cluttered or discouraging. The best part of the entire system (for me) is the copy and paste ease with which you can manipulate data. If you need to make a change to multiple skus, you need only open a spreadsheet and create a few columns with the data you want to add or change. Copy and paste that data into Finale and then assign each column to match with where you need it to go and you're done. I could probably go on and on, but I'll end on this. Support so far has been stellar and there are MANY videos that the creators have posted to YouTube that allow you to quickly learn every aspect of the system. We were up and running in an hour, and as we dived into using Finale we never felt lost or overwhelmed. If you manage a business with inventory and Finale Inventory is compatible with your software you'd do well to give it a hard look.

Mike from Bad Idea Supply Co.

Industry: Furniture

Wouldn't be here without it

Pros

We purchased Finale Inventory within the first few weeks of starting our business in 2016, back when $149 was an insane amount of money to be spending on software each month and we could barely afford it. It was one of the best decisions we made. Not only do we have historic data going back to the beginning of our business, Finale has allowed us to grow and scale in a way we never could have without it. Our catalog started with a few component entries and has grown to hundreds of SKUs in a short couple of years. We never could have managed this growth in a sustainable manner without the important inventory tracking capabilities that Finale provides.

Cons

Velocity tracking of build orders and material usage similar to how components are tracked from sales orders.

Finale Completely Changed Our Business

Pros

Honestly, I love everything about Finale. Before we started using the software, we were using Google sheets to keep track of all of our inventory. To say that getting Finale was life changing is an understatement. It made sending POs and keeping track of inventory so much easier and faster and was pivotal in helping us grow our business. Not only that, the customer support is out of this world. Anytime I have a question (which is pretty often), the team responds extremely quickly and is always willing to hop on a call to help me with whatever I need. I couldn't recommend this software more.

Cons

There are a few features and reports that we looked for that Finale didn't have, but nothing that has really made that much of an impact.

Marshall from KMG Imports, LLC

Finale Inventory - Distributor's Perspective

The team at Finale Inventory has been amazing! They were extremely helpful with on-boarding; Have routinely answered support tickets during off hours; Go above and beyond trying to find us solutions to any issue; and have the patience to explain situations to us thoroughly.

Pros

When we were looking for a new inventory solution we had one major issue: How can we manage inventory across over a dozen websites, (and through our wholesales program) with some degree of accuracy, while allowing our in-house account managers and order processing personnel ease of use? Finale was a complete and total answer to that question. Pros: * Simple interface * Extremely fast and easy for building purchase orders or sales orders * Adding customers, suppliers, and new products is extremely easy. * Very flexible reporting module.

Cons

* Not enough group security. * Needs a bit more flexibility in the interface options. * Needs a better way of tracking cancelled orders and how they affect inventory.

Jolynn from Nike

Great Plug and Play Tool

Pros

Cons

None that I have come across in our go live phase.

Ember from Creative Metaphor Design

Simple & Powerful

Finale has helped my company make operations fast, efficient and accurate so we can spend less time on operations and more time on sales and customer relations. The customer support at Finale is pretty incredible...I've called out of the blue and gotten someone on a screenshare call within minutes to fix an issue. Overall this software may not look like the most high tech inventory solution out there, but simply put, it works. Give them a try.

Pros

It's everything you need an inventory software to do simply and easily without bloat or unnecessary features. Finale integrates seamlessly with all our sales channels and works perfectly all the time. We have multiple warehouses. Before Finale, I used to have to manually update this inventory from multiple spreadsheets...it took about 4 hours every week. Now the same exact task takes me about 4 minutes and I do it daily. We are have increased accuracy with less work. The single best feature about Finale is the product lookups that allow you to match multiple sku variations to one primary sku.

Cons

The returns and exchanges process needs improvement. I would like to create PO's in bulk.

reid from Part HAven

Industry: Computer Hardware

Fits like a glove

The finale has really allowed us to effectively manage our warehouse. We are on a service plan level that provided one on one help setting up the system and believe it was worth the extra money. WE have been using the service for almost two years and our happy on all fronts. As an FYI for us, the real part that separates Finale from other WMS systems are the handheld scanners. No other system in this price range offers this functionality and it is a great time saver. Their customer service is great but not needing to drag a laptop or a funky smartphone solution through the warehouse is a game changer. There is allot of functionality that we cannot speak to as we do not use allot of it the warehouse module is rock solid.

Pros

The handheld warehouse functionality

Cons

The lack of product filtering and grouping, Product "grids" are limited to only 4-5 filters and several of those are fixed. You also can not save searches or filtered results.

Charity from Legit Supplements

May 2016

Finally, the answer I was looking for!

I've compared MANY different Inventory Platforms before landing on Finale. What ultimately sold me was the incredible value they punched for the price. I had several criteria that I needed to fulfill for our startup company, several of which were matched in other inventory platforms, but NEVER all of them. Once I found Finale and how they fulfilled all of our needs, I thought it was too good to be true, but it wasn't. The integration of multiple selling channels including ours (Woo), was of course, necessary. Next, I wanted the inventory to be automatically deducted, which works PERFECTLY with their integration with ShipStation (our shipping platform, a match made in heaven). Then, I found out that they integrated with both Quickbooks Online AND desktop (we use the desktop version and a lot of the other platforms I had searched out didn't offer it for desktop). I also needed the ability to create bundles for our products as well as the ability to track RAW goods for manufactured goods (since we do some manufacturing in house). Finally, I needed the peace of mind to know that we would have support and access to lots of learning resources. Not only did they provide this, but they set up several one hour training phone chats which were invaluable. Overall, as an inventory platform, what can I say? I'm in love with Finale.

Pros

Their integration with ShipStation, Woo, and Quickbooks desktop. Their INCREDIBLE support and training resources. They've JUST integrated a way to track inventory from within the ShipStation platform so that we don't have to switch back and forth between platforms to be sure our products are ready to be shipped.

Cons

The interface of the platform isn't very "pretty". I also found it a tad hard to navigate, without the training that they offer. There's a WELL of capability within the platform and it takes a while to understand, BUT I actually wanted it that way.

Jolynn from Nike

Great Cloud-based Inventory Tool

We needed a solution for a complicated international, multi-location barcoded inventory management system that was easy to understand, quick to implement and that could manage the complexity of our business model. The team at Finale was quick to understand our needs and worked hard to create solutions, within their framework in an extremely timely manner, that worked. Start easy: We went live in less than 3 months of our first engagement. It was a team effort that included a specific and doable work plan from the leadership at Finale. Any glitch or issue that came up they were quick to respond and trouble shoot. As the project sponsor, I felt well informed, abreast of the issues and included on solutions. Reduce Human Error: The Finale team has the depth and breadth to listen and respond to the complexities of the business model by asking pointed questions to increase their knowledge of business processes. We started to capture our inventory as we were still working out the nuances of our model, and although I know it was stressful for them, as the client they were nothing but professional and timely in there solutions. Peace of Mind: Having no inventory system at all, to having the Finale Inventory System is allowing us to take our business to the next level. We are able to see at a glance, globally, what we have in inventory and shift product around to speed our time to market. What use to take weeks/months to resolve, now can be achieved in hours. Work anywhere: We have inventory in multiple countries around the globe. As the Director of the division, I can see at a glance from wherever I am not only the inventory levels, but I can run reports and give directives that will save us considerable resources, both monetary and human. I highly recommend the team at Finale and their inventory tool. They are fantastic to work with. They are solution driven, they listen, they inform when scope creep arises, and they are mindful of budgets, time and deliverables. A winning team.

Andrew from Shipyard Island Marina

Finale Inventory Software

Finale's customer service is exceptional. Can't express that enough.

Pros

Using Finale has saved us an incredible amount of time. The orders off our e-commerce websites are created automatically in Finale and inventory is adjusted and tracked automatically, requiring little to no work on our end for this. It really does so many things well, its hard to say one thing we like the most. We just take it for granted. Easily the best software company we have dealt with. They willingly and quickly answer our questions.

Cons

I think getting used to using it. Learning any new system takes time.

Andrea from Toys for Trucks

I use Finale daily to track the inventory flow in and out of our warehouse.

The biggest benefit that we get from Finale is the ability to track the purchases and sales coming in and out of our warehouse.

Pros

I like that we can sync up Finale with ShipStation to track our orders and warehouse quantities. I like that we can sync multiple Product Lookups to one Product ID.

Cons

I dislike that we can't delete Product Lookups from a Product ID once it's been created. Sometimes a product lookup will change (for a example when a part number is discontinued and replaced with a new part number), but because Finale doesn't let you remove a Product Lookup from a Product ID we will sometimes have quantity associated to a no longer valid Product Lookup.

Celina from Blue Ridge Product Solutions

Industry: Warehousing

Finale- Great Software

We have many unique nuances to our company. Finale offers many options and lots of flexibility to fill our needs and scale our business. The ability to customize features like reports and dashboards is essential for us and Finale makes it simple. Importing data is super easy and fast! Lots of great features and functionality.

Pros

Ease of use Great customer support Unlimited user access Integration with Ship Station

Cons

Every time we have encountered a problem, customer support has been able to offer options and guide us through a solution.

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

We needed a more robust system that offered improved functionality.

June 2016

M from FHY INC

June 2016

Finale is One of The Best Business Decisions We Made Last Year

We love the simplicity and efficiency of the program. It looks clean, is easy to navigate and is completely intuitive and easy to use, even for beginners. It isn't visually overwhelming and cluttered with too much "stuff", it is super simple yet very powerful. We started out with Finale a little over a year ago after spending several months researching every program on the market, reading reviews and really doing our due diligence before finally zeroing in on Finale. We have not looked back since. Chinh, Chris and Mike are exceptionally attentive to our every need. If ever we have had a question, problem or a suggestion, they are super quick to respond (usually within minutes) and address it immediately. They have a super hands on approach and honestly seem to care about building a quality business by caring about their product and their customers. They have gone above and beyond to integrate Finale to work with various online channels that we sell on. For instance when we started they did not yet have an integration for pushing stock levels to Overstock and we expressed our need for this and within a month they used our Overstock account as the guinea pig for building the integration. They encountered some bumps in the road linking up with Overstock's API and Chris and his team were able to work around them with lightning speed and we have had a seamless Finale to Overstock inventory integration ever since. Finale has truly changed the way we do business and increased our productivity and efficiency 100 times over. I mean we were literally in the dark ages before we started using Finale, we had no digital inventory control, we were updating online marketplace inventory manually every day, it was literally insanity with all the products we have, which is THOUSANDS. We are truly grateful for Finale and to their team and recommend it to anyone.

Sean from Thrive1023, LLC dba SOUL

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Finale Inventory Review

Implementing Finale Inventory with our organization has been a game changer! The platform is easy to use & navigate. Integrating other company software platforms is a breeze! The Finale team is always working on ways to improve and update the system to give their users the best possible experience, and upgrading futures to aid management in all aspects of any organizations inventory needs, including analytics! The Finale customer support team is always quick to response and willing to help out in a timely and professional manner.

Pros

Integrating across multiple platforms is a breeze! Finale is easy to use & navigate! As our business grows Finale has the capabilities to grow with us our needs grow and at our own pace.

Cons

I Wish it had sort of customizable KPI dashboard built into the newly added analytics tab.

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

Finale was strongly recommended by our ShipStation account rep, (he stated he heard good things from other clients using the platform)

Farrah from Beach City Bike

Industry: Sporting Goods

Amazing software!

Pros

Intuitive design, before I started using it we struggled to keep all of our inventory in sync across multiple market places. It was easy to set up our inventory numbers and get them in sync with Amazon, eBay, our website, etc. the barcode scanning was also very useful. We improved our picking reliability and having the insight into how much of something I have in each specific warehouse bin was a game changer.

Cons

The website is a bit outdated looking but it’s not really an issue because it works very well and is easy to learn.

Christopher from Software

Wish I'd found Finale years ago

Syncs inventory across all selling channels to prevent overselling and underselling. Handles kits/bundles with no problem.

Pros

I've evaluated a few other solutions and for the money, Finale is great. There is a learning curve and it certainly helps if you're good with excel. But once you get things set up it's phenomenal. No more worrying about overselling - it syncs up with all our venues almost in real time. Also - and this can't be stressed enough - no more UNDERselling. We used to leave stock aside as a buffer to prevent overselling. Now we're confident keeping all that we have listed as stock changes (for breakage/miscount/etc) take seconds and are uploaded to all venues within minutes. I wish I'd have found this years ago!

Cons

The documentation can be a little confusing/incomplete in places but customer service is very responsive. Also, getting it to integrate with OpenCart was a bit of a chore but OpenCart almost always requires a little finagling to get things to work so I'm used to it. The only other thing that I'd like to see is a mobile app for quick inventory changes when we're away from a desktop/laptop. I tried bringing the desktop site up on my android phone and it doesn't work very well.

Pam from SwaagStore

Exceptional Customer Service and Outstanding Software

Finale Inventory is fantastic! I was especially pleased with the customer service when an error arose. They handled it professionally and honorably with placing the customer first. Very hard to find this in a company today. Highly recommend for all your inventory needs!

Pros

The ease of use , the integration with hosting site and customer service is exceptional! The layout and reporting make it easy to get all staff onboard quickly.

Cons

Not a con, but I didn't use all the features they offer. For my business, there were features that I did not need but it was great to know I could access features if needs arised.

Stu from Ashfield Healthcare

Using Finale Inventory software has been a very positive experience.

Clean and neat inventory tracking and Sales Order creation. (Industry is not represented below and is multi-disciplinary).

Pros

We have keyed in 30 Field Reps' shipping information into the Finale system, along with 25 descriptive SKUs and inventory counts. It's simple to create Sales Orders for them and Sales History is automatically generated for easy review and analysis. We wand all inventory used each day and have a current count at all times.

Cons

We had some issues with the Windows Explorer platform but those went away with moving over to Google Chrome.

Mikayla from Fire Department Coffee

Great Software

Finale has been super helpful in managing our inventory as well as cracking down on accuracy with picking orders.

Pros

The integration with our other software is vital and Finale makes it seamless. Because Finale has so many functions/capabilities to fit the needs of various business structures, it can be overwhelming to set up/manage all features as needed, so the customer service is very helpful.

Cons

Not all features and names of said features are super intuitive until you're used to using them.

John from Fireworks Extravaganza

Finale Inventory- Long Time user

Very happy with the support, and the way they will develop new features and adjustments based on feedback. They care about you.

Pros

I have been using Finale for many years for our Pyrotechnics Inventory, Have seen much development and customer service has always been most responsive.

Cons

Would like more Mac support. Most development and support are done on Windows, would be good if they had someone familiar with the Mac OS and iOS.

Reasons for Choosing Finale Inventory

Web based solution instead of in house server

Jason from WORKT

Finale review

I love it but I really need you to be compatible with ultracart. that would save my life so much. I have to manually add it to Ultracart. It really adds to the difficulty of managing. I hope you guys are working on this because the Ultracart platform is such a great one for e-commerce I won't be leaving it. Please Please Please do it. I would have given you all five stars on everything.

Pros

My favorite part is that it tracks multiple skus from different sales channels. It is awesome. Exactly what I need.

Cons

Doesn't integrate with Ultracart. I need this badly.

DAVID from SAVVY SUPPLY

Ingenious

it has been very exciting week for me and my co-workers who has been working diligently to migrate from Quickbooks Enterprise to Finale Inventory. we are now doing things we have never dreamed of doing. Finale Inventory made this transition amazingly easy. we just kept asking ourselves the same question over and over. is that this easy? for example, it would take so many manual entries in Quickbooks in order to set up one new per item price level but in Finale, we were allowed to import a per item price level by simply "copy & paste". we were also allowed to duplicate Quickbooks' memorized transactions by simply importing "order items" within Sales Order or Purchase Order screen and making that sales order an editable template so that we can create a new order from it over and over. Finale is so versatile that we can improvise anything. another powerful tool i've found was "sub-locations". the guys behind Finale must be genius. i wasn't aware of the power of this tool. about a year ago, i came up with an idea of organizing our warehouses in sections or zones and tagging each location. however, i had to put a hold on that idea halfway through since i didn't have a tool to track inventory going in and out of those locations. finally, i am able to put pieces together with Finale coming to rescue. i found sub-locations together with their barcode scanners extremely powerful organizing our warehouses. now i can track every single item i buy and sell and know exactly how many i have in stock. doing a physical inventory was a nightmare before but now it is a snap with Finale. i am still exploring with Finale but i have a full confidence in Finale management team that anything is possible with Finale.

Derrick from PackKing

Small But Growing Business on Multiple Platforms

Finale has done great solving the main need we had, that is, a centralized inventory that is synced across multiple selling platforms. They worked with us to be one of the first customers syncing to Amazon.co.uk which was great. There have only been a few selling platforms they do not yet support but we are hoping to come soon. Sometimes the software is a little quirky to use, but for the most part, is pretty stable and you can usually find a good workaround. It is limited in the fact you cannot centralize listings/data and push those out (only inventory stock levels), but for the cost of the product, this was understood. Still love it and plan to continue using it going forward.

Pros

Centralized inventory synced across multiple sales channels/platforms

Cons

Sometimes "clunky" or quirky in areas; adding new products a little cumbersome; more sales channels to sync with would be great (Please get Weebly soon!)

Powerful, fast, and customizable.

Finale Inventory's flexible UI and custom fields is allowing us to migrate from our old, archaic inventory system while we create new work-flows and simplify processes. Finale Inventory's powerful search engine allows us to operate by searching on product title so we don't have to barcode every item and can locate products as long as we know some of the words in the title. All of this combined with great support has made Finale Inventory a core foundation to our business.

Pros

Blazing fast real-time search. I can search for a product or customer with just a couple words (partial or out of order words are not a problem for Finale). The UI is customizable and this ability combined with custom fields allows for very flexible work-flows that I was not able to achieve with several other inventory programs.

Cons

I wouldn't really say it is a "con" but rather a by-product of the awesome customization potential - The custom reports have a bit of a learning curve when doing it yourself the first couple of times, but the support is AMAZING and I've gotten quick assistance and was given the exact report I needed. Reports can be duplicated and modified to quickly tweak any of the default reports.

Rob from Best Value Vacs

Industry: Biotechnology

Very intuitive inventory software and easy to setup and use!

Tracking our inventory! Finale does everything an inventory software should do for your business.

Pros

The best thing about Finale is the ease of use of the software. Everything is mostly self-explanatory and there is no need to spend a week training on the system because it is so easy to use.

Cons

Some of the report customizations can be daunting because is requires coding some spots, but other than that it is still easy to use.