Finale Inventory Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"The software is very user friendly. Once you learn all of the basics, it is very easy to navigate."
  • icon"It really helps create more organization, structure, & efficiency to our inventory supply chain. The company has been great working with another vendor or ours to seamlessly integrate our CRM system."
  • icon"Customer Support is always there to help that take the time to make sure we understand it. Integrates everything we have into one."
  • icon"We had to convert our cases to pieces to make this software work with the multiple locations. It is very hard for us to get use to this."
  • icon"There's no real querying of FBA to check inventory levels and show discrepancies."
  • icon"Drop down boxes within the program work in the Windows 10 environment, but not within Andorid."

All Finale Inventory Reviews

September 2015

Finally, An Inventory Management Solution That Does Just That, Really Well

After months of testing and trialing every inventory management software and system on the market, Finale has been such a blessing! From the very first day of signing up, the Finale owner and team have been extremely helpful and responsive to any and every one of our questions or concerns. The interface, layout and organization of the Finale app is extremely user-friendly and does not distract the user with unnecessary formats, colors, layouts and displays. We love the minimalist approach. Everything you need and nothing you don't. The search feature is so optimal and incomparably easy to use within every view option. Your search results are instant and appear immediately as you start typing. Finale has the best import tool we have ever seen. You simply copy cells from excel and paste them into the web browser. Finale takes care of the rest. This truly intuitive copy/paste import feature makes saving, importing and editing your catalog via excel spreadsheets a thing of the past. Generating purchase and sales orders were a real pain-point with previous trial services. PO generating in Finale is intuitive and automatic enough so that anyone on our team could go in and place orders with the suppliers stored in the system. You can also create custom fields, which we use for internal communication to streamline our operations. If you use Ship Station (in our opinion the best shipping management software), this is where Finale’s strength is. It flawlessly sync’s with Ship Station ensuring that you only ship products that are in stock and order out-of-stock items. Finale gives you the things you want in an inventory management software without all the fluff. We tried other solutions that tried to be an all-in-one solution, but they all end up being mediocre services. Finale does one thing really well and that’s inventory management. Regular updates of the software leave our team comfortable knowing that as a system, Finale is always pushing for optimal streamlined cutting edge performance and integrations. We are elated to be using Finale and already have accounts for both of our companies.

Pros

Cloud based, unlimited users, copy and paste import and edit features, easy stock take, integration with ShipStation with regular attention and upgrades. Strongest search feature we’ve seen. Slick interface and automatic purchase order generation.

Blythe

Finale has improved everything in our company

Finale was introduced to our company after a long, tedious process of finding and then trying to implement another IMS (Fishbowl). I was skeptical of the great reviews and claims from other users since I had really been put through the wringer by another company during implementation. After going through a demo and poking around a bit, I was sold. Importing all of the data was a breeze, the user interface is intuitive and for me, the best part is that if I did hit a snag, I could be on a screen share with a Finale rep in no time and they would patiently walk me through it. I'm not exaggerating when I say Finale made everything better. It has transformed the way we do business by allowing us to manage our inventory accurately across multiple sales channels and provide a better experience for our customers.

Pros

Finale implementation is quick and pretty simple. We use it with ShipStation and the learning curve was practically non-existent because it's so intuitive. Importing data is just a matter of copying and pasting a spreadsheet into their import tool. This makes adding and updating products/customers/vendors/etc. a breeze. I also generate invoices from Finale. We have pretty long production lead times on the majority of our products so predicting stock outs is very important to us and we can trust Finale to calculate that information correctly. The basic reporting is good but the ability to customize existing reports or create your own is excellent. Most importantly, their level of customer service is absolutely top notch.

Cons

We did have some hiccups with marketplace integrations but we able to work with Finale to create workarounds that have been fine.

Reasons for switching to Finale Inventory

Fishbowl really provided no implementation support themselves. Once we signed the contract, it was crickets from them. We had to hire a consultant and frankly, she was a nightmare to deal with. We had so much trouble importing our data that we had zero confidence that the actual product would work.

Steve

Industry: Sporting Goods

easy to use

I have changed warehouse software 3 times in 5 years and I am confident that Finale will be my final choice..

Pros

The system is extremely easy to use and and customisable. It was that easy that in the trial period, I uploaded my stock and inventory and was using it immediately over my exisiting program to search for products, inventory and locations. I was expecting to be testing the program and running along side my current software for a minimum of 2 months but it has been less than 2 weeks and we have already transferred over to it full time.Finale is extremely customisable and by far has the best search functionality i have used in a warehouse management system. With over 15500 SKUs, i need to know what i have in stock in a specific colour, size and style. Sometimes searching while i have a customer in front of me or on the phone. Finale does it all with easy.The onboarding is extremely thorough and they actually encourage me to book more session's. Its normally what comes with a software of a much higher price tag.

Cons

Integration with Xero - A popular accounting software has no integration, although they have a work a round.

Missing some functionalities

cameron

Is slower than God

Pros

Was pretty easy to use, although cumbersome with all the screens you have to use to add on product, cannot add inventory from the item page, so quite a few unnecessary clicks there. Also goes into negative inventory which for us means when there is an error we have to manually reset items to zero, would be nice if there was an option to just have inventory go to 0. Also be nice if it has a seasonality feature for ordering, like we need more of this widget for winter etc.

Cons

It stalls out constantly, no matter the browser no matter the computer, especially on weekends basically unusable, and by the time email support gets back to you it is better again, but they never admit an issue or offer a fix or apology.

Jessica

Industry: Warehousing

Great Website

My overall experience is that I really like it and I'm very comfortable with using it. It took me about a week to get a hang of it ... It's just that simple. I would recommend this and use this as well.

Pros

This product is probably the easiest to use and understand. I like how simple and self explanatory it is.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't stock change myself and at times some things wouldn't populate.

Joe

Industry: Building Materials

A Hidden Gem

Since its inception into our business, Finale was incredibly easy to use, simple and straightforward. With an excellent support team and support documentation, we were set up in less than a single day. After that we barely had to get in touch with support, as the self administering factor of Finale is what makes it so great.

Pros

Finale is incredibly easy to use and provided our company the ability to scale up by using additional features of the product over time. Our inventory is always spot-on as the integrations with various merchants and other software is excellent.

Cons

The only issue we hold with Finale is their lack of support for iOS and iOS browsers. One could easily integrate the standard browser interface into Finale with some changes and allow those who have an iOS or Mac-based environment be able to use their existing hardware with off-the-shelf scanners.

Reasons for choosing Finale Inventory

Finale has everything, value in cost, access to multiple platforms and marketplaces, customization and kitting/bundling.

Reasons for switching to Finale Inventory

We needed a platform that would handle packs or kits, while keeping our standard inventory up to date.

Great product, but more importantly, great leadership!

Pros

The software works exactly how it was intended to! Working with Finale leadership to setup our customization was a breeze! Great product and a great team!

Cons

I have nothing negative to share about this product! Love Finale!

Reasons for switching to Finale Inventory

lack of functionality and features that are business eneeded.

Savanna

September 2022

Inventory has never been so easy !

Overall its really user friendly easy to train new employees how to use it and keeps rack of inventory well.

Pros

I love all the inventory features being able to make changes, transfers, and look at the stock history.

Cons

It would be easier and more helpful if they had a feature that tells you which inventory is low so we know what to order and when. It could also use a separate inventory section for rejected material instead of adding it with the other inventory.

Drew

October 2022

Very robust. More features than we even needed as a small business.

We were able to solve the ability to know how much inventory we have on hand across sales and orders from 3 ecommerce marketplaces.

Pros

We loved how Finale was able to sync between all of our ecommerce platforms, including shipstation. We also loved the bill of materials kitting which allowed us to keep track of grouped products.

Cons

The software is very technical, built for companies with complex SKU's and warehousing needs. We feel as if we were using roughly 40% of the total functionality of the software with our small brand.

Deborah

April 2022

Finale Review

Pros

I love how easy it is to integrate the software with other apps! I was happy to see Finale could integrate with all the apps I needed.

Cons

It took sometime to be fluent using the Finale software.

Rachel

Industry: Warehousing

finale

overall it is a useful website

Pros

easily accessible and very user friendly

Cons

the website is not live so i would frequently need to refresh the page

Brett

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Finale Inventory Has Transformed Our Company

We had purchased another inventory management system (Fishbowl) prior to Finale and we struggled to get it implemented for an embarrassingly long time. Everybody in the organization that touched it, hated it... and eventually I decided to abandon it and start my search over. After looking at an endless amount of options a friend recommended Finale. I remember looking at the reviews on Capterra and thinking it was just too good to be true, but that if they were true, I'd found my system. I poured through the demo videos expecting to find something that didn't jibe with how we did business, but I never did. So we started a trial. I was very worried about push back from my staff, especially from the person that would be in charge of implementing it. Within 20 minutes of her poking around she was in love. Once we decided to move forward with it we were ready to start using it within a few weeks. We're using Finale with ShipStation. The learning curve for both was almost non-existent. I have total buy-in from everybody that touches it. It's allowed us to become way better about keeping inventory in stock, made purchasing in time from overseas much easier. It's virtually eliminated shipping errors. For the first time in 20 years of running an inventory based business I TRUST what my inventory management system tells me I have in stock. Most importantly, Finale has made us light years better at serving our customers.

Pros

Customer support is insanely good. It accurately tracks inventory across several warehouses and sales channels. The integration with Shipstation has revolutionized how we pick, pack and ship. Creating and tracking bills of material across many complicated assemblies is easy and intuitive. Picking using handheld scanners has virtually eliminated errors. In fact, we just went 30 days without a single report of a shipping error from a customer, and have averaged less than a 0.2% error rate in the 8 months that we've been using Finale. With our old system, the error rate was close to 3.0%. Cycle counts with handhelds have eliminated the need to close down to take inventory, we're going to be off on December 31st for the first time ever!

Cons

We had a little bit of trouble with how Finale tracks BOM of an assembly sold on a marketplace, but worked with their support to find a workaround that has been satisfactory. Even though we didn't like the way it handled it out of the box, we felt like our needs were listened to and a permenant fix is being worked on.

DEAR Systems

Rod

Excellent Cloud Based Inventory Solution For E-Commerce/3rd Party Website Sales

Pros

What isn't there to love about Finale Inventory! We have been a using Finale Inventory since August 2014 and absolutely love it. We are an online retailer selling primarily on eBay and Amazon including Amazon FBA. Some of the features we love: -Highly Customizable, nearly everything within the software can be customized to the way you want to view it on screen, printed as a report, for search, etc. - Shipstation Integration (Complete integration including even quick view of stock levels from multiple sources within individual Shipstation Orders). - Push Stock Levels (Automatically pushes stock levels to all marketplaces, which for us is Amazon, EBay and Shopify). -Push Lead Days (Automatically sends lead time to marketplaces as stock levels change from different suppliers). -Easy Copy Paste spreadsheet type updates - If you are fine with Excel, they have made the system easy with a simple copy paste to add new items, update stock levels, change prices etc. -Multiple product lookups - ability to link multiple SKUs to one master SKU -Kits and Bundles support - Easy to build kits with bill of materials and push stock levels to market places. -Multiple Locations/Warehouses -Multiple custom item attributes -Quickbooks accounting integration. -Quick view item sales history -FAST customer support. -Developers seem to be open to adding new features based on customer input.

Cons

Coming from a different software previously (Inflow Inventory), there was a steep learning curve as you would expect. Figuring out how you want to customize your screen takes some time as there are just so many features.

Joseph

Superb service, perfect for our needs, easy to use

Pros

We are part of a university research lab group that uses Finale to track supplies of biospecimen collection kits (builds) and lab supplies. The ability to create builds (to track individual components) for our kits is wonderful! Also, the ability to track lot identifiers and expiration dates is critical for lab reagents and things like blood collection vials. Having Finale Inventory has really helped as our group as we have grown. It's very easy to use and their are still numerous features that we haven't fully explored. Pricing is very reasonable as well. The customer service is FANTASTIC! Chinh (Co-founder, Finale Inventory) has always been very accessible and replies promptly. He's spent extra time walking through problems with us over the phone. This company really goes out of their way to make sure their customers are happy. I can't stress that enough. We have used Finale since late 2014 and are currently in the process to expand our use of it. We are very pleased with both the software and the tremendous customer service and user support.

Cons

Overall, we are extremely happy with the software. Sometimes our inventory numbers get off due to user error, especially when our builds change (which is not often). So we don't suggest relying solely on re-order thresholds. This is a problem more with our workflow than the software, but it would be nice if there were some kind of mechanism to assist with build changes and inventory audits (though there are great report features and barcode tracking is an option). We have discussed upgrading to use the barcode tracking (which would probably help alleviate this problem for us), but have not made that commitment. The ability to control user permissions and access (like completely separating inventory) is also a little limited, but we haven't really had problems from this. Finale does allow you to assign inventory to different custom locations, but we did decide to get a second account to fully separate our inventory tracking between two groups that never share inventory. On the other hand, being able to share inventory and easily move items from one location to another is also a great benefit.

Dayle

Industry: Program Development

February 2022

Great product, but sometimes not reliable.

Overall the inventory system is great! It accomplished everything we needed it for and more.

Pros

Finale Inventory has a very simple import tool. You simply copy data from an excel spreadsheet and paste them into the inventory system through you web browser as the inventory is cloud-based. Finale takes care of the rest. This truly intuitive copy/paste import method saves time, and having the ability to edit products in your catalog editing your catalog makes it struggle free. Generating Purchase Orders (PO) is pretty automated. Our team was able to jump straight in an create PO's in no time at all as it is streamlined and self explanatory. You can have unlimited users that can be added to your team. There are a huge amount of integration possibilities. So whether you are integrating with WooCommerce on a Wordpress CMS, or integrating with ShipStation, Final Inventory has you covered.

Cons

The system is sometimes a little glitchy. The Finale team do promise to iron some of these out in the near future, but right now they still remain. Their team rarely apologies if the system hasn't been working as it should, and never admit fault.

Reasons for choosing Finale Inventory

The price range was more in our budget, and I believe after trying out a demo of all three products, Finale Inventory seemed the easiest to use and learn.

Nikki