All Rain POS Reviews

Carolyn

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

very good company to work with

Bonita

Reviewed March 2021

Best software for quilting shops.

Positive all the way. Solutions are always there when we come up with something new or unique to sell. It really helps guide the way I do business.

PROS

Rain Pos is dependable, well priced with instantaneous software help. The company LISTENS to their clients, I can't emphasize this enough. My POS is with me everywhere, at the doctor, on vacation, in bed at night.

CONS

I would like an end of day report on products loaded into the system.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

It was designed for quilting. They understand all of the pins and needles.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

TRS was retiring their dos system.

Mary Virginia

Love this system!

I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

PROS

Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

CONS

I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

The reps presented the information well. They answered any question I had and were willing to show me on a demo. The nicest people work here.

Aurora

Reviewed September 2023

Taking Full Advantage of Rain is a Big Job

I haven't taken advantage of online retail or marketing. I just don't have the time to set up and implement these features so overall the price has not been worth it for me. The website builder is so bad that I am looking for another alternative but the initial setup fee was so high it really does sting to switch to another provider (maybe that was the point).

PROS

Rain was sold to me and my music store as an all in one solution for POS, website, online sales, marketing, job orders, repairs, rentals, the whole nine. I love the POS and inventory part. The site is a little laggy to start and then everything works super fast. Most things in this realm are intuitive.

CONS

The onboarding cost was kind of high and I don't feel like I got that much out of it. The trainings were unnecessary and could have easily been done with a video. I really, really, really hate the website builder. They set up my website as close as they could match to my previous one from Wix and they did a pretty good job (although I discovered some mistakes that were pretty bad, such as the wrong phone number for my store, they were easily fixed by me) but I am frightened of doing anything to it beyond changing the text. I would say their web builder UI/UX is straight out of the 90s but that even the 90s had the concept of draft and publish. EVERYTHING you do on the website builder is IMMEDIATELY live and there is no way to revert to an early version without contacting them.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

I got a postcard in the mail and called up. The sales pitch was good and it had more features specific to music stores and at the time I liked the idea.

Thank you Aurora for your feedback! We are reviewing your response as it we are striving to always improve. Thank you!

Replied February 2024

NATE

Reviewed November 2020

Make the switch to Rain!

I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

PROS

Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

CONS

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

It was a simple but dated system that wasn't meeting our needs.

Lance

Reviewed February 2020

Rain POS

PROS

This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

CONS

Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

Rain had the functionality to have a website with the POS program

Laura

Retail, 11-50 employees

Rain POS for Yarn Stores

No point of sale system is perfect. But we are happy with the functionality and effectiveness of Rain. The fact that Rain is continually improving and updating their system has only increased our satisfaction over the years.

PROS

We have used Rain POS (Like Sew) for over five years and are very satisfied with it. We love that our website (recently upgraded by Rain) integrates with our POS, keeping our inventory numbers accurate. The Point of Sale is very user friendly. Reporting is decent. The website is simple to update.

CONS

While there are sometimes reporting issues or technical issues, Rain has an easy process in place to report problems online or by phone, and they are generally responsive in a timely manner. Rain also has a method to make suggestions on how to change or update the POS/website. I appreciate that they are willing to take our suggestions! I do wish there was a report for Items Received; it would be nice to be able to create custom reports. The only major issue we have with Rain is when the system crashes - either because our internet goes out (in which case we are able to use our iPads on cellular to ring up customers) or because Rain goes down. Luckily, this is very rare! And when it's Rain's issue, it is usually remedied quickly. Finally, it would be great if Rain integrated with Sage Accounting software. We have to manually transfer data from Rain's reports into Sage Accounting. This is time consuming.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

We wanted to integrate our website and our point of sale system.

Max

Music, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Great for a music shop like us. Room for improvement but they're working on it

Anyone who has migrated from one system to another knows how time-intensive and frustrating the whole process can be. RAIN's support team made the onboarding experience as painless as possible. Their support has continued long after the initial onboarding and I feel very confident in their ability to help us whenever we hit a roadblock and need help. It's also encouraging to see their development team constantly fixing bugs and rolling out new features. They are not the kind of company to rest on their laurels.

PROS

RAIN lives in the cloud and being able to access our POS from any device is a huge advantage over the POSs we were using before. The Rent-To-Own module helped simplify a very important part of our business. Integrating with REVERB has helped extend our e-commerce reach across the country. The user interface is clean and user-friendly; just what you'd expect from a modern cloud-based platform.

CONS

The marketing platform did not meet our expectations. The email marketing in particular is not up to what I would consider industry standard in terms of the template builder, contact management, scheduled emails, segmented lists, and analytics. We have since dropped that add-on and went with ActiveCampaign which is light years ahead.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

The former product was not great.

Lisa

Reviewed December 2020

LikeSew works for my retail quilt shop

The main reason I implemented the POS option was to help me with inventory control. Prior to using POS I didn't know how much inventory was in stock and therefore I was receiving orders for inventory that I didn't have.

PROS

I think the customer service is very good. Recently I wanted my homepage to be updated and revamped. They worked very quickly and efficiently with me to get give it a new look and within a few days I had a website looks very modern and professional. Also, I really like the marketing package. I used the POS for several years before adding the marketing feature. I like the automatic emails that it sends to my customers every week. Also, My website is easier to use from a cell phone now. It's worth paying the extra money for each month.

CONS

I do not like the way the inventory receiving works. It is supposed to be integrated with some of my vendors but doesn't seem to be complete or accurate. Also, I really wish that the email marketing was easier to use and more robust.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

They were specific to the quilting industry and understood my business.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

My previous website was developed many years ago by an IT person and it was just a basic, simple website with some shopping capability.

Ande

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Our thoughts

All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

PROS

The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

CONS

There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

I have met members of the team at a couple of trade shows and was impressed with their level of customer service.

Sissy

Reviewed July 2019

Disappointing compared to the hype of what you are getting.

We have a hard time getting on the same page. The communication is mostly by email and the timing is hard because we are so far apart. The support people are very kind and try to get things done but the day to day trying to muddle through this change was not worth it, if I could get my money back I would. I am currently paying Lightspeed just not to loose my past sales and lay-a-ways until someone can merge them, this is costly for a small business. I also wish they would talk to whoever answers the phone as I can't just sit on top of the phone all day waiting for a call, this could have been fixed if they would have just talked to the person answering the phone. There are only three people who work here and all three of us are capable of following direction.

PROS

So far the only Pro is that you can pull a some information from Vendors. Being able to have inventory taken out with sales from Reverb is really nice, it was the catch hook that brought me to RAIN.

CONS

The merge is really rough, I did not get all of my customers merged from my previous POS system, my lay-a-ways were lost or messed up, past sales are lost, pictures had to be taken again. All the upc numbers were mismatched with other products. When you try to put pictures of your product for the website, you never know what picture it may choose no matter how many times you choose the correct one. I have had a bass I have tried many times to add a picture and it refused to add it and puts up a picture of a gig bag. I was told if I used Chrome many of the issues would subside, sadly this is not true. If you are starting out fresh, this may be an okay system to use, if you are migrating from another system, I would NOT recommend using RAIN. I really had high hopes but this has been a disaster. Even the work orders, which I thought would be easier, are a huge pain.

Reviewed July 2018

Really awesome features with some minor bugs

Tech support has helped us so many times. First, they helped us figure out some of the features that we were not completely certain how to use. Then, when we encountered bugs, another quick call to Support and they had us back up and running within no time. I just wish that the program was not dependent on the internet. We’ve had a few times where the internet went out and we were not able to conduct business. This is not good, but it hasn’t happened too often, just enough to be mildly irritating.

PROS

This program is so easy to use, even for those who are not technologically literate. While we do not use all of the features, such as the rental option, we are really happy with the program. The fact that everything is stored in the cloud helps us when we are not in the store, such as with trunk shows. The tech support has been so helpful when we experienced bugs in the software, and they were very knowledgeable of the product. I have also found the SEO option of Rain, and we intend to utilize it to its fullest extent to promote our business and get our name out there.

CONS

There have been a few bugs in the software, but nothing that a quick call to support couldn’t fix. One thing that I did not like was when the internet went out. The fact that everything was based on the internet meant that we couldn’t use the cash register. This led to a loss of sales. Nothing too major, but it’s still significant. There should be a backup or a way to use the register when there is no internet connection. More traditional POS systems allow for use without internet, but for inventory reasons, something like Rain is required. Hopefully, they’ll release a version that stores a temporary backup on your system that updates the inventory once the internet is back up and running.

Jeremy

Reviewed February 2017

The POS system that I was looking for.

I'm the owner of the NAMM 2015 & 2016 Top 100 Dealer, The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield, MO. We tried the "big guy" of our industry, and found it to be outdated and not user friendly. After a year of attempting to get it up and running, we started looking for an alternative when we ran across RAIN POS. It feels like navigating a website through your browser so it was easy to learn. Within a little over one month we had our website built, products in our system, and were live with running transactions. I love that everything in in the cloud, so I can run sales in my parking lot, at festivals, trade shows, etc., or just access reports anywhere from my phone. Putting items on our website is just a button clicked, and inventory is shared online and locally so if I sell online, it's taken out of stock in my local system, and vise versa. So far customer support has been great to work with. We have run across a few minor bugs in the day to day use, but they are pretty quick at getting it straightened out. I'm sure it doesn't have all the depth of that other system, but I'm able to use it and they are adding features very quickly. We don't do rentals right now, so I can't say how well that part works. We do a lot of repairs, some sent off site, and the work order module works great for keeping up to date with the repair status. We're waiting on the Lessons module that we here is in the works, and a better way to handle consignments and trades. So far we are very happy with RAIN POS and our interactions with customer support. I highly recommend.

PROS

Ease of use, and integration with our e-commerce site.

CONS

There are a few features that I'm waiting on that will tailor the system more for the music industry.

Miles

Reviewed February 2018

The future of how small businesses survive

Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

PROS

Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating. Outstandingly responsive customer service!

CONS

Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

Music, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Great at some things, not great at other things

Generally okay. first line support staff is very helpful and relatively easy to reach. Sales staff makes lots of lofty promises that are slow to be fulfilled. Developers are jerks.

PROS

integrated POS and e-commerce website. web based makes it functional on any computer type. RTO module is nice.

CONS

Special Orders/Purchase Orders/Receiving Orders is grossly deficient. Reporting is not great. Prominent bugs in website text in regard to special characters. Lacks flexibility in some of the website design options. No rotation option for product photos. Label printing is terrible. No dimension option for shipping calculations.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

integrated e-commerce was the main reason and the promise of support for band instrument rentals and consignment sales.

Reviewed September 2020

Does what I need and more.

Our experience has been excellent. We were up and running the day we opened the doors. This is our first and only experience with POS but I cannot imagine needing anything more. The cloud based system lets me access information from anywhere I have WiFi access. No fear of losing our system due to damage or theft of equipment. Overall I find it very affordable and could not imagine being without Rain POS now.

PROS

The support we received from the rain team in getting started with a POS system. None of my team had any experience with POS and they made the transition easy. We still don’t use all the features available but are adding them to our system gradually. The customer support system is fantastic. The reports available on the system save hundreds of man hours and help us see how our business is doing. The inventory system is a huge help.

CONS

Integration with some Consumer Finance companies would be valuable to retail users. A “Dummy” website that could be used for training new employees would be a big help.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

The online demo session sold me.

Michael, Thank you for your feedback, this is very helpful for us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve so that we can continue to look into additional options.

Replied September 2020

Allen

Reviewed February 2017

A small business solution that is a head of the curve

We searched for over 3 years for an new point of sale that would fit our needs and allow us to expand in the future. It was important to have a seamless integration of our brick and mortar location and our online store. Rain really shines above all the other options with more functionality at an affordable price. This has allowed us to grow our online presence tremendously to help keep up with the ever growing online sales market. The continued software updates and helpful customer support makes for a personal and dedicated feel to helping our business thrive. We have recommend it to several other businesses and they have been thrilled as well. Thanks Rain!

PROS

Online and Brick and Mortar integration, extensive customer tracking, easy to customize website, efficient product ordering/receiving system

CONS

Updates can be slow to release, lacks a little in the reporting functionality

Cindy