• Pros

• "It is feature-rich and has all of the functionality required to run our business from the easy to use apparel matrix to easy to use inventory management, sales and purchasing and much more."

• "Inventory control methods are easy to set up, need to make sure the team is trained too."

• "Once you figure out how to navigate it, item tracking is simple."

• Cons

• "I have nothing bad to say about this product or vendor. "

• "Not always intuitive, sometimes I have to research to understand some processes."

• "It can be very confusing, and far too many steps are required to accomplish a small task."

Browse SIMMS Inventory Management Reviews

Neb from Pan Atlantic Technology

Very impressed with both SIMMS & KCSI

Pros

We found SIMMS software from KCSI through a simple Google search and, boy, are we glad we found them! Our growing IT-reseller business has become more and more dependent on a robust inventory control system over the past several years. We searched and subsequently trialed numerous software offerings, and none of them answered the call like SIMMS. The unrelenting inventory control mechanisms in place - along with ease of use with terrific modules for billing, AR, RMAs, etc. - put SIMMS ahead of the queue. The folks at KCSI worked with us initially in tailoring and tweaking the program for our specific needs at a very reasonable cost. Today, we work with a robust program that seamlessly matches our operational needs. As fantastic as the program is, the customer support is as good or even better.

Cons

We like everything about both the product and vendor

Jon from Triangle Industrial

August 2014

Best investment for our company.

Pros

SIMMS software is very user-friendly and self-explanatory. The screens are easily accessible for all areas of the software, including but not limited to: Sales, Purchasing, Receiving, and Inventory Management. Reports are accessed easily and offer a lot of different options including exporting easily to Excel.

Cons

At this time, I don't have any issues at all with this product or KCSI.

Maree from Tripod

Industry: Food Production

NO SUPPORT

Not happy as NO customer support - unable to contact Sales, Support, Technical, Accounts as all lines lead to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and now mailbox full. Website emails bounce back. We have been locked out of all our purchasing data for over a week. We are investigating new software with local Australian support.

Pros

It has some good features like being able attached copy documents.

Cons

Too many steps to get around. Did not work together with other programs we had.

June 2014

Dean from Applus Technologies, Inc.

SIMMS Software - MRP/Inventory management software you can depend on

Pros

We are a very large organization with complexed kitting requirements, using multiple levels of kitting. Some of our BOMs are 100-level building kits. Within kits, there is no other package in the industry that handles our demand better then SIMMS software. We can easily build our kits and track the sub assemblies, labor component waste, costing, and scheduling. More importantly, the service and return functionality is equally powerful. Not only can you return a kit, but you indicate what sub-assembly component failed, replace it, fix the kit, and ship it back out to the customer with ease.

Cons

We like everything about SIMMS software and the KCSI team.

November 2013

Boyd from White Tiger Graphix

November 2013

Great inventory package

Pros

I have used this program since I first began cataloging my collection of images, illustrations and visual media. It more than provides the tools I have needed through its many newer versions and added enhancements. It's a winner!

Cons

I have no complaints. The experience and specialized mastery of the staff is exceptional and they relate to you one-on-one until your challenge is answered.

Brandon from student

SIMMS

This product has a lot of great features. No matter how many things I need out of it, it will provide for me.

Pros

The customer service was great. The software alone works really well and the user interface is pretty straight forward.

Cons

The user interface is a tad bit outdated.

Taylor from Arctic Energy Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

October 2014

It's a new learning process

Pros

It's easy to follow. It was a little hard to learn at first, but now it's meeting our needs.

Cons

I have a hard time following our trainer's teaching. He never answers our questions fully or remembers where we left off.

September 2014

Drea from Arctic Energy Services, LLC.

2.5

September 2014

First Inventory Job

Pros

Once you figure out how to navigate it, item tracking is simple.

January 2016

Heather from Amulet Hotkey

January 2016

This software solution was amazing but too much for our needs

Pros

I found it to meet our needs completely (inventory, sales, RMA, etc)

Cons

The price. It was a big commitment for us if the software didn't meet our needs.

August 2016

Donna from Pacific Light Technologies

August 2016

SIMMS Inventory Mgmt

David from Agencia

The best Inventory management and Accounting Software money can buy

Pros

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this product or vendor.

Mary from Arctic Energy Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

Product Evaluation

Pros

The product is Excel- and Access-friendly. Considering I use spreadsheets, I like to be able to dump my spreadsheets into inventory, vendors, etc.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet about the product that I don't really understand.

Shelby from Black Tie Products

1.5

Not a happy customer!

Pros

There's not much I like about SIMMS.

Cons

The software is not user-friendly, and actually getting the training we paid for is like pulling teeth. It's been months since the initial install; I'm still begging for training, and they are still working out glitches in the program. Our trainer is on a four-hour time difference, which cuts our available training time in half. I asked him how to change the "ship to" address on the PO form. He said he didn't know and would have to get back with me. He fumbles through figuring things out, much the same way I do.

January 2015

William from William J. Iannazzi, Inc.

January 2015

Easy to get up and running

Pros

The cost point was good, and training was easy to follow.

Cons

No issues. I like the people and product; there is nothing I don't like.