All Wix Reviews

Wix is trix!

Frank

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

The only way to be a full stack developer without coding.

If you want to become a Full Stack web developer without learning HTML, CSS, PHP and JavaScript then WIX is the best CMS for you to choose. I've introduced a lot of friends to use WIX and they really enjoy it. I am now part of the WIX family.

PROS

After some few years in the web development world, I wanted the best CMS with more features that can help me design my websites without stressing on too much coding. Wix was there to rescue me. With Wix I can develop tons of websites within a week without CODING. This is so far the best CMS for every web developer. It is also easy for everyone to learn, customer and use.

CONS

I need more feature in Wix CMS because I'm stack and I won't use any CMS except. I don't have any problem with the price. It is very cool.

Reason for choosing Wix

Very simple to use and customize. I always do magic anytime I use WIX.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I also wanted a CMS that comes with a lot of features and also very simple for everyone to use.

Anil

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Wix Insight by Drupal Developer

PROS

Wix gives me the ability to develop and design websites easily via drag and drop functionality which doesn’t involve coding.

CONS

I must integrate with Calendaring tools, but that’s a simple task.

Gregor

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Is very nice for basic use

I tried to set it up and use it for some months only until I gave up and changed for word press that has much more add-ons and its much better supported and offers much more customization

PROS

The basic templates are easy to use and have a very good look and feel

CONS

When it comes to intermediate and advance features, it is very limited and hard to customize

Reason for choosing Wix

cost, look and promised customization and ease of use

Reasons for switching to Wix

They promised more options compared to what Google sites have to offer

Christina

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

For simple websites

PROS

It was easy to setup and meets most of our needs in terms of landing pages and quick event registration pages.

CONS

It is a mess in terms of code and tends to be slightly laggy and hard to upscale.

Robert

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Non-present to Real Time Presence

We were able to recreate our website, improve it, and offer enhancements quickly and easily. Our need to book events and track ticket buyers is important to our identity. Events are an important revenue stream for us. We direct customers to the site for menu and beer options, what's happening and other specials. It is our source of truth.

PROS

The ease of use. The content management capability and simplicity is what got my marketing and customer team on board and to adopt this as our primary web tool.

CONS

It took a minute to figure out the add-on features, where they were and how to use them.

Reason for choosing Wix

We could do it without being tech savvy or having to pay everytime we made a change.

Reasons for switching to Wix

We could not manage it ourselves and had to pay every week to add beers and food to our menu. It really didn't match our strategy.

Denise

Retail, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2024

Quick simple website builder

It’s fairly simple to design webpage and implement

PROS

It’s fairly easy to use and implement webpage

CONS

Some functions are complicated or difficult to finagle

Aurora

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Wix is Excellent for Business Websites

As a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.

PROS

Wix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.

CONS

I would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.

Reason for choosing Wix

Wix offered a more affordable price and more features than other products I had been researching.

awogor

Design, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder

I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

PROS

You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix. With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc. It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients. They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

CONS

It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website. The more features you require, the more money you spend.

Reason for choosing Wix

I didn't choose over WordPress completely. I still combine both platforms depending on what my clients want and the financial capability, then I choose a platform that best fits their resource availability.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I switched from Simple Site, I won't say because their platform was not standard, but I will rather say that I was still learning and didn't really understand their platform well.

Jonathan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Website Builder With Integrations Galore

Like many new businesses, we didn't have the funds to hire a web developer to build us a custom website. We turned to online web builders to get our online footprint, and stuck with Wix because it was easy to use, offered great responsive features, and their options for outside integrations were numerous. Then we found out that we could offer different language versions of our site and we were hooked. Now, Wix handles our whole website presence: sales, blog, landing page, product pages, etc.

PROS

Of the website builders we've tried and implemented for ourselves and our customers, Wix has the best set of supplemental product integrations that we've found. They even have their own in-house solutions for things like forms, emails, and sales–if you don't already use an external provider. Connecting to your providers is also really simple and secure, so you have trust that your and your customer's data will not be comprised just because you're not using your own code. We also LOVE the language translation feature. This has been a boon as we grew our business in other countries and needed to communicate in different languages.

CONS

Web builders like Wix, Squarespace, etc. often sell with the promise of an easy-to-use, DIY website builder. At the beginning, that was true. Now, however, many of our customers are paying us to build and manage their sites because as the service grew more robust, with more features, our customers couldn't keep up. I would love to see the company stay focused on ease-of-use as they add more features. The moms and pops of online shops often can't manage to learn new features and run their business at the same time–despite that being an important part of growing a business.

Reason for choosing Wix

We eventually chose Wix over the others because we needed a simple way to host our website in different languages. Wix has excellent integrations options that both we and our customer use, and they're constantly keeping their designs, back end, etc. up to date and relevant.

Diogo

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

It helped me to build a pro looking website

It helped me to step up and build a pro looking website. After a couple of years of use, I found better options to my business, but have recommended to a friend since.

PROS

Wix is a versatile website builder, with lots of possibilities. You can build a website from scratch, organizing a main page, a blog and pretty much anything you may need. The templates also help you to have a starting point, but you can personalize most of it with what you want to communicate. If you follow the tips, you can boost your SEO, link it to facebook pixel and Google Analytics. Also, you can buy your domain together with their plan, which helps on saving time.

CONS

There are many bugs on posting photographs, especially in the distance between each photo on blog posts. It is a small thing, but, since I'm a photographer, it was a lot of wasted time solving these design issues. Also, there were some limitations on the templates that didn't help on capturing leads or building landing pages.

Reason for choosing Wix

Because, at the time I bought it, I didn't have any friends who used Alboom. But, since last year, I've switched to Alboom ProSite an am happy with the new product.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Because I wanted a better looking website, more like a pro online home for my business.

Eli

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

PROS

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

CONS

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Reason for choosing Wix

It was the best overall (features, quality, security, price)

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wordpress is too complicated, not enough encompassing, and too stiff for the average joe.

Kaprice Dal Cerro,

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

More diverse than you think

I have enjoyed my experience using Wix. My website has never gone down and it has allowed me to create automation for parts of my business.

PROS

What I like about Wix is that you don't need to be a software developer to create a great-looking website. There are a lot of tools that many users don't realize that Wix has. For instance, setting up a workshop and taking payment is easy to create on your Wix website. There are many themed templates to choose from to help you create the look and feel that you want without having to spend a lot of time thinking about how you want your website to look.

CONS

There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to make some advanced changes to your website. This may take some time or you may need the help of someone who has Wix knowledge if you aren't a techy person.

Reason for choosing Wix

I found Wix to have options right out of the box that alternative products did not have. I also noticed that Wix was not staying stagnant in their market. They are consistently updating and creating a more powerful tool everyday. I felt it was a website that could grow with my business needs without breaking the bank.

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

PROS

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

CONS

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

Reason for choosing Wix

I chose Wix because of the ease of use and the sites look more professional.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Price and quality- Wix was better in both areas.

Jonathan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Simple, Easy, fantastic price

Wix couldn't be simpler and easier to use. It is so affordable, so simple, and yet incredibly powerful. I had no idea how easy it was going to be when I was getting started, but now I'm a huge fan, and probably will be for life.

PROS

The ease of use. It was so simple to set up and build a website, I had one online in a matter of 2 hours. On top of that, it was so affordable, that I had paid for 3 years of hosting, that cost me less than it would cost to have someone build a site, let alone host for 3 years. In other words, it's saved me thousands of dollars.

CONS

Truthfully, I don't have any major complaints yet, because it's doing everything I've needed it to do. Perhaps I could say, it seems so feature rich that I could never fully tap into all of its powerful capabilities. The other downside might be down the road, if ever I needed to export my website to a different host, that might cause a few hiccups, but I'm locked in for another couple of years, so it's not a worry presently.

Reason for choosing Wix

Ease of use, cost and a glowing testimonial from a fellow entrepreneur.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Because I wanted something faster, easier and less expensive.

Yulia

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

All-in-one website builder for small businesses

I've been using Wix to build websites for small businesses for about two years. So far so good, you can design beautiful and selling pages with it.

PROS

Wix is a highly functional drag-and-drop website builder that covers most small business needs for digital presence. It has a lot of templates to start building your website with, but they are also very customizable. Wix seems to be the best for building sites on which you can sell services and appointments. It's also great for selling physical products and creating event pages. It also has in-built email marketing tools, which helps to save budget.

CONS

Unlike WordPress, Wix is not great for building large dynamic websites or e-stores. Even though there are many plugins, you're still very limited in what you can do with Wix. The builder gets heavy and takes a lot of time to load and make changes. Besides, you cannot have many people working on the site simultaneously.

Reason for choosing Wix

Wix is easier to learn, especially if you have a limited budget for the website/marketing.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Squarespace was too limited for design and didn't have many tools that Wix has.

Jyoti

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

Reliable and Relatively User-Friendly

Overall Wix has been a great asset. I went from using an expensive website designer to doing it all myself. Wix has been very reliable.

PROS

Wix fairly easy to use, although there is a bit of a learning curve. It just takes time, so as long as you are willing to put the hours in, you can come up with a really good website design. It's well worth watching the Wix tutorials. They are well put together and easy to understand. Wix also does online classes covering various areas. I don't find these as useful. The presenters are obviously experts but are not necessarily great teachers. Mostly I find they try to include far too much information and deliver it too quickly. Wix has a large range of good, modern designs, with inbuilt SEO options that make building your own website pretty easy. I also like that there is an inbuilt mobile website version which you can preview as you go along.

CONS

Wix also does online classes covering various areas. I don't find these particularly useful. The presenters are obviously experts but are not necessarily great teachers. Mostly I find they try to include far too much information and deliver it too quickly. Customer service is very response and has helped on a couple of occasions to quickly resolve an issue with the website's function. It does have some glitchy areas in the website builder, but I think if you follow the tutorials and use the recommended browsers they are less likely to be bothersome.

Reason for choosing Wix

I found Wix to be the easiest out of all the products I tried out.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I wanted to be in control of making changes to my website instead of waiting till my designer has availability in their schedule. It's important for me to be able to tweak things as I go. It's also a far less expensive option for my small business.

Ashley

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

PROS

Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates. Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built. Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately. Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features. On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files. Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site. Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.) Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

CONS

Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account. Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out. Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs. More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Erik