Browse ManageEngine OpManager Reviews

Marc from Ter Beke

Opmanager is the easiest way to get a good insight in your systems and network for a fair price

For an acceptable price and easy to understand licensing (not like MS) you get a lot of functionality. If something is not working or not clear you just make a support ticket and most of the time they just call you, and using remote control they guide you through the process of configuration/setup. If some bug is detected or feature should be changed there is a Service Pack launched within days ! Just the best support organisation I ever contacted ...!

Pros

The intuitive way to use the setup of devices and alerting for specific alarms. The Netflow plug-in is just the best to troubleshoot hick-ups on any LAN/WAN link.

Cons

The rewriting/redesign of version 12 took some time to get used and to find again my way in the features/menus.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

PRTG is maybe alike to OpManager but its pricing structure is not so interesting and the intuitive way of presenting things is not so "easy"...

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

The free Nagios or other alike platforms are nice but need a lot of setup issues to solve ... With OpManager and Netflow plugin it is all in the software included.

Greg from Cross Company

Industry: Industrial Automation

OpManager succeeds where WhatsUp Gold, SolarWinds and HP OpenView have failed!

I like it and I would recommend it to any other IT Support departments looking for up/down monitoring of applications and hardware. This is THE product for the job!

Pros

It is web based and it is fast. I've used countless other monitoring applications that are web based and they all have performance issues. OpManager tells me when my servers and applications are down and it has a beautiful dashboard that I didn't have to customize out of the box. The mobile app is great, too. Monitoring servers and processes is our primary use for the application and it is exactly what I want in an application. I keep it open every day and it has bailed me out after performing maintenance on servers and forgetting to manually start this process or service. I get a push notification on my phone that reminds me to turn it back on. It does a lot, but it's still fast. Something that other applications I've used over the years cannot do!

Cons

I know I sound like a fan boi because I am! I have administered HP OpenView, PRTG, MRTG, WhatsUp Gold and Solar Winds at different companies over the years. This product does everything I liked about those other programs but still has solid performance AND a great mobile app. I really don't have any complaints or recommendations on what they should change. I have had some issues with customer support. It is based in India and sometimes communicating can be a challenge. The product has been so solid for us that we haven't bad many support calls, anyway.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

SolarWinds was more expensive and way more complicated in daily use. Just adding a new server and monitors adding a great deal of complexity. OpManager was clearly easy to use in the excellent demo we saw.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

WhatsUp moved to the web and performance became terrible. They took a good product and ruined it by making the interface difficult and it ran like a dog.

shine from MRF

Single prodcut to manage your data center and branch location. Be it server/network/firewall all in

I am happy with the tool, it saves my time in troubleshooting and get the RCA.

Pros

The product is very good and easy to implement, configure and use. my devices are monitored using this tool and I am one happy customer which saving my time in troubleshooting and in finding the RCA

Cons

I like everything in the product. I am very impressed with this tool

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

it a very good tool to implement and configure. the user interface is very good all my administrator are enjoying the tool. The tool is very good to prove the past issues that we have faces and how we have fixed the issues

Andrew from North America Fuel Systems Remanufacturing

Decent Solution At A Reasonable Cost, But You Get What You Pay For

Pros

We appreciate the ability to automate certain troubleshooting tasks by creating workflows. It's a basic feature, but makes a big difference for us.

Cons

We consistently find issues where we have to report a problem or bug and wait for it to be resolved by another release, which inevitably breaks something else. We're in a constant state of having to update the software.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

* Product functionality and performance * Pre-existing relationships * Overall cost

Sankalp from Quality Vision International Inc.

Industry: Machinery

An amazing Monitoring tool

Can deploy globally with ease. Provides a ton of good information about each device type and any vendor.

Pros

- It is vendor neutral, so you can manage any device - Easy to administer once you get the knack of it - Easy to integrate with other ME tools

Cons

- Takes a bit more time to setup as you need to decide on the alerts, set up thresholds, etc. They should add more predefined limits/templates to it.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

- We already had other Manage Engine products in place - Ease of use and deployment

Rajneesh from Bluechip Infotech

Truly single pane of glass for monitoring Heterogeneous IT environment

We love the fact that product has always been enriched upon, with new features and functionalities. Adore pro-active support from ME OpsManager support team. They do lots of seminar as well roadshows, so user engagement is always the top priority of ME OpsManager team.

Pros

3d Dashboard is very much useful in diagnosing, as well prior Onsite engineer visit in Datacentre; Admire custom monitoring useful for monitoring any Device type, be it Storage, Network appliance; APM can be enabled as an Add-on, same goes for NCM helps in bringing Automation across Network appliances; Firewall management, IPAM, SPAM, Deep packet analysis can be enabled, based on Individual organization requirement; Very easy to setup and configure in no time; Don't require consultants to setup. Not to mention, Individual components of OpManager such as NCM, FWA, APM can be utilize separately as a standalone solution in their own. That way, organization can pick and choose the modules, per their requirement.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Our varied clients have taken extensive benefit of custom monitoring, which enables monitoring of any Appliance as long they can be reached via SNMP.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

Our varied client needs are, simplified UI, single pane of glassnot only for Server/Network/APM monitoring. But, should be flexible to manage firewalls, IPAM, SPAM, which other competitors simply cannot offer.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

Our clients don't want to engage in 3 months Installation of OpsBridge, which becomes quite expensive over the time. OpsManager, on the other hand doesn't require expensive consultants for Implementation & Configuration.

Joseph from Tecinco

Industry: Computer Networking

Excellent Monitor Tool

We start using the trial version to monitor a small network and see what was causing network interruptions, with opmanager we were able to see all the network flow and determine what the real cause was. After this, we starting to deploy the free version in others clients with small networks and by doing that, we gained a new perspective of this networks.

Pros

What i like the most It was the easy implementation process.

Cons

Technically i like everything, but the price is a little high, that's what i dislike the most.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

We choose OpManager because is was super easy to deploy, and with the 30 days trial we were able to test it in a real world troubleshoot scenario, and it help in a flawlessly way to resolve a client network interruption.

Luis from Viasat Telematics

OpManager for Hybrid & MultiCloud IT Monitoring & Performance Opmitization

Our needs that prompted the purchase of this product were the lack of performance analysis of the Cloud infrastructure in addition to the onPremise in an hybrid deployment. High amount of application incidents not timely identified to prevent service disruption and IT preventive maintenance in the infrastructure

Pros

Rapid deployment and ease of use to monitor a variety of IT assets with predefined templates and quick asset discovery. Possibility to deploy custom script monitors in different programming languages

Cons

Software upgrades not intuitive and UI outdated

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

Simplicity and flexibility to deploy system and application monitors for a reasonable cost

Reski from Fornet Solusindo

If you want to understand your IT infrastructure more clearly, use this application

This application makes monitoring many infrastructure simple to the user-friendly dashboard, If you want to understand your IT infrastructure more clearly, then take a look at the ManageEngine OpManager

Pros

- As you’ve seen, this application has the ability to greatly simplify the way most businesses manage IT. And, the tools deliver value to operations experts, service managers, IT planners and the executive. The business-centric dashboard will deliver value to managers who want assurance that critical business functions are online. - The focus on business-context also means that staff can more easily understand the impact of outages, enabling them to prioritize their work on mission-critical systems, and simplify the IT workflow.

Cons

I have used Manage Engine IT360, software development cannot be predicted, so when calculating the annual budget, the price of software updates is much more expensive because the price of the license changes the functionality needed

Dean from Newsquest Media Group LTD

Industry: Publishing

Opmanager - great for monitoring and alerting

We get great visibility of our estate on an easy-to-view dashboard. Alerting is great sending tickets to our helpdesk system and SMS alerts directly out to support teams. This is great for out-of-hours support.

Pros

SMS alerts - we can get critical alerts up to the minute if we have a system down which needs immediate attention.

Cons

Config can be complicated in some cases and some devices are not supported "out of the box".

magdi from medaire

OpManager-Great Product!

I have been a user of this software for over 15yrs now, needless to say how satisfied I'm with the product.

Pros

-Ease of use. -Interface. -Simplicity. -Accuracy.

Cons

The dashboard screen is a bit too busy. Would be great if it can be customized or allow use of plugging modules in/out.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

No issues with the product prompts for considering another software.

sampath from Brandix

Industry: Textiles

Best NMS application for ICT professionals

As an OPM Administrator I'm weekly & dally communicating with the Zoho Support. So, they have given good support service for my all the works. If any issues they are attending to work as soon as submitting support ticket. Team follow up is good recording our issues and solutions are providing with new releases also they explain about issue and difficult point in deeply. Team support is available even in the weekends . With overall experience I'm very much happy with ManageEngine.

Pros

Application has very user-friendly environment. Functionality is very accurate when compare to other systems. Device real time monitoring, email and SMS alert are very useful for us as ICT & system engineers. They have built trust between the application and Zoho team support. reports are very easy to handle specially downtime reports and availability reports are very useful for our KPI indicates.

Cons

Application updated are releasing continually that time we must get downtime to update application. SMS function should work without discontinuation some time due to com port errors SMS is getting stop but Email are working as expected. Some time browser cash issues are generating so that time we need to clear complete browser cash and use application. Other than I don't have any issue with the product.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

Good support service, they identify our requirement and gave all the instruction with live demos. Their sales team also very punctual and gave best support to select product as we need.

karthik from Beverly hills unified school district

All in one product

i am getting instant alerts, bandwidth usage per port and connections, i can setup netflow and get app usage, firewall usage and rules monitoring, i am monitoring any device which has network connection.

Pros

I like the most is the representation of the network in a map. The feature is called business view where i can add my different campuses in a google map and get several information through that. I actually have the map running in a big monitor and can see whether the connectivity is green or red. Also layer 2 maps where i can create maps within a site.

Cons

setting up alarms might be difficult. sometimes you product MIB not there.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

there was no maps functionality

Daniel from Citizens Bank and Trust Co of Grainger County

OpManager is a full feature monitoring tool at a great value

It has been great. We started with simply needing a monitoring tool for our network and have since leveraged many of the other components for monitoring connected devices for rogue devices, NetFlow and many other things. The canned reports are great.

Pros

I would say the OpManager team support stands out the most to me. I was very apprehensive at first about what my experience would be with the support team if I needed them, but each time I have worked with them I have been impressed.

Cons

Due to the modular nature of the OpManager product (OpManager, OpUtils, NCM, etc.) the product can feel a little disunited at times if you have an issue. Sometimes it is hard to tell what component the issue is with, but that hasn't happened much and their support is always able to resolve it.

Cost

Response from ManageEngine

Replied July 2020

Hey Daniel, thanks for your valuable feedback. This drives us to keep improving our products.

Alvaro from América móvil Perú

Very good tool for monitoring

opm has a good performance to monitor a lot of devices using few resources and is easy to use and configure. It has a good balance between price and quality.

Pros

Easy to deploy and use, it has many good features for monitoring and apis to export measurements.

Cons

It has some bugs but they frequently make new releases to fix this bugs.

Better performance

Anthony from Apple Federal Credit Union

OpManager - Just works

We needed a product that we could tie in network optimization with an ability to monitor multiple systems. OpManager fits the bill in many ways. We can use OpManager to keep track of our networked UPS devices, so that when there is any latency, load, failures, etc. that we can proactively act on them. We can use OpManager to create layer2 maps of our different locations for audit purposes. We use it to display a NOC Dashboard for our data Center. The ability to implement the product easily and give it purpose was immediate. We have found that the product has paid for itself with maintained uptime monitoring as well as response time decrease. We had a single application that was necessary to run on a server to process an automated filing process to occur. This application failed at 8:00 Monday. At 8:01 we identified the issue before anyone knew what happened and it did not disrupt the business. This timeliness is key when our members depend on our response time.

Pros

3d Visualization of our server room with live visuals of server status ability to workflow jobs and servers. ability to map the workflow to better problem solve when issues arise. NOC board for our data center Layer 2 mapping of our remote locations

Cons

While the appearance of the product is clean, it has a clunky feel. Moving between the application has slowness Not entirely user friendly

Nicholas from Fort Dearborn Company

Industry: Printing

Great UI with most of the features you'd want for monitoring!

Overall it is a very good product for the price. Most other good monitoring software is a subsciption based model, so for our organization, the upfront cost plus the yoy support costs were much more doable. The interface is easy enough to use for my admins and it mostly covers all the bases our last product did.

Pros

The thing I like the most is the interface, as well as the segmentation of various objects. The interface is easy enough to use, but you can also get great depth out of the initial dashboards and graphs you're presented with. The reporting is also great, as long as you understand what you're looking at. The network management features and credential storage is also very good.

Cons

The product is deceptively simple. It looks very easy to use, but it is still a full and robust monitoring tool under the covers. So you'll need to take time to watch training videos and look at the documentation. You may even need to call support to find certain functionality if you're used to another product.

User-friendly UI Network Monitoring

It is good monitoring application

Pros

It is very user-friendly UI, even for beginner. Very easy in deployment. But still deliver what we want from monitory platform.

Cons

Minor update is often released. So it will make administrator takes time every upgrade process

Easy to deploy, user-friendly UI

Jamie from Bartlett & West, Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

OpManager is a great tool and highly configurable, though configuration sometimes can be convoluted.

Overall, we have insight into our most critical assets which keeps the environment healthy and uptime at it's peak.

Pros

I like how configurable the tool is, and I like that we can connect to it through their API. Also, their support is extra responsive when we initiate chats with them within the application.

Cons

It can be difficult to configure certain aspects of the system due to how it's laid out. Also, certain things that should be able to be configured aren't without a logical reason why they couldn't be given how robust the tool is.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

Cost, OpManager was far cheaper.

Rasmus from Ase

My go-to monitoring software

I've been using OpManager for more than 10 years. I've always been really happy with it.

Pros

That would have to be the wide range of features. Anything is possible with this product.

Cons

The quality of hotfixes sometimes seems a little too untested. It often introduces new bugs.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

Most features, best user experience, easiest setup

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

SCOM lacks the maps feature and monitors everything by default, which generates a ton of alarms.

SAMIRAN from CMS IT Services Pvt Ltd.

All in one Box-Monitoring SOlution

Monitoring of Servers and Network Devices.

Pros

The Auto-discovery of Devices is the best feature. The Flexibility of using the Application is very smooth The Support services for ManageEngine Opmanager team is very prompt

Cons

The Application Shutdown immediately once License expires. No Grace period provided.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

Robust and all in one box for several Modules

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

For Flexibility and and all modules in one box feature

Kevin from ATC

Wonderful Tool

Pros

A centralized manner to monitor servers, switches, routers, UPS devices, processes and databases. Easy to configure, monitor and set alarms.

Cons

I'm a big fan of the Opmanager and many other ManageEngine applications. The only con I have is the customer service was a 9 instead of a 10.

Damian from eGov Jamaica Limited

I am a big fan of their suite on Network Management tools.

Pros

Great software for Network Management. Easy to configure and deploy. Great customer service. Quick feedback on any issues.

Cons

Not all MIB's are available for creating specialized alerts. Unable to delete SNMP custom trap processor, so in order to test a separate environment is required.

Upasana from Zensar

Network Insight At Your Fingertips

Op manager is a user-friendly tool for managing your network. You can easily get an insight into network infrastructure in your environment

Pros

Cons

The Tool has many integrations in its road map. Awaiting the same.

Response from ManageEngine

Replied July 2020

Hey Upasana, thanks for your valuable feedback. This drives us to keep improving our products.

ManaEngine OpManager - Watching all your devices - 24/7

OpManager monitors our servers for up/down time, also logistical for resource management, like storage space, high utilization o0n RAM/CPU etc

Pros

Ease of installation and setup, configuring the monitors and SMS alerts

Cons

The current interface. The previous interface was more intuitive and easy to use

Laterrius from Beekley Corporation

Great Software for the Price

I realized the simplicity of the product is its strength. I was able to set the product up and proceed with monitoring in a matter of hours.

Pros

I found the installation of the product to incredibly simple compared to the products I've used in the past. The feature set is excellent for small businesses.

Cons

I cannot think of anything. The product works great for my small company.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine OpManager

I wasn't a fan of their support. When you called, you're given a low-level ticket who would typically point you towards KB article to resolve your issue.

David from network integration 800 s.r.l.

It simplified my work.

Pros

In my work, bandwidth is scarce and the amount of computers puts the entire infrastructure in an insane state. I found it easier to find problems in the cabling by looking at the MS that was between one group of computers and another, from the server. Being able to leave the scheduled tests and then be able to send the results to the mail has also helped me a lot to save time. I also managed to find applications that from time to time consumed a large amount of bandwidth, complementing a third-party program to mitigate that leak of resources. The installation and programming of the program was much faster than what they predict on their website.

Cons

In the short time I have using this program I have not yet found any disadvantage, until the use of program resources (processor and RAM) my server is only an "I3" and everything runs smoothly I really love this program.

Amir from Horizons Specialist Academy Trust

Perfect product for a quick overview of your estate status

Pros

easy to install and configure, cost is not overly expensive. shows all your devices and crirical informatio nin one place

Cons

none, product did exaclty as described.

Monitoring everything! it is perfect!

Pros

Easy implementation! A lot of features! You can monitoring everything!

Cons

Validate your infrastructure and how to implement to dont have to reimplement

Ashleigh from Xerox

It is no doubt outstanding Network management software.

Pros

This is a wonderful software that is frequently used by wide range of people for Network management. It's customer service is outstanding. If one faces any issues, it gives quick response and feedback to overcome that issues. It is very easy to install. It is user friendly and support mobile devices. It solves our problems quickly. We can check all the components once from a single place.

Cons

There are no downsides of this software. One can create specialized alerts but this software lacks some of the MBI's.

Roberth from Emida

Great tool too help business to get al component monitored in one place

Pros

Easy installation Web interface is friendly and support mobile devices Agentless integration with servers and network devices

Cons

SNMP fails in some case may need more integration with MIB library when you require more information despite basic SNMP provide.

Marco from Groupe Lacasse

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

OpManager review

Pros

The product is flexible and offers a wide range of features. Easy to configure and update.

Cons

I have some issues with the layer 2 mapping probably because of my strange network topology. Other products had better success mapping the network.

Gerson from TECRA TECHNOLOGIES

Technical excellence that makes it stand out from the competition

More product for the price. Better than the competition.

Pros

Thanks to OpManager we obtained a better visibility of the businesses, our network devices and servers. This has helped us to prevent and act quickly solving problems and downtime. The solution fulfilled all our expectations.

Cons

nothing negative. Price is always a problem when there is something you want so badly. However I can't deny that this software is excellent.

Seth from Alimed

Industry: Medical Devices

OpManager

Works great for what we are looking for, which is a server and service notification system.

Pros

We use OpManager to monitor servers and services down. We have it send both emails and SMS when critical services go down and back up again to be certain we stay ahead of any issues that may arise.

Cons

The many options cause the UI to be confusing at times when looking for new features to implement.

Ummar from WebSOL

Troubleshooting Made Fast

Troubleshooting was very fast and in detailed when required.

Pros

Easy to use visually appeal and aesthetics proved interface.

Cons

Price is too high for startups even though it's fully managed.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine OpManager

It's unique features offerings.

Jorge from Ever says LLC

Intuitive software - very easy to use

Pros

Easy to use Easy to configure to our needs A lot of pre configured templates that's are ready to use.

Cons

Not friendly when you want to customize a template for specific use cases Sometimes it has minor errors that your work flow harder

David from TekConcierge

Manage Engine OpManager has Changed the way we manage our network.

We stay on top of the state of our infrastructure with this product. Similar products don't have near the capabilities and nowhere near the price.

Pros

The absolute best part about ManageEngine is the automation and notifications. They go hand-in-hand and keep our staff aware of the state of the network.

Cons

The only real downside of implementing Manage Engine is the setup. That is the thing that makes this product unique and tailored to your network and infrastructure needs. So setting up a custom solution isn't really a BAD thing. It is quite the opposite.

Kyle from Nclose

Opmanager Does what it needs to

Great overall. I didnt put it through its full paces, however it did what it needed to do, with my requirements.

Pros

Its easy to intergrate, it can be set up fairly quickly with very little experience. Good tool for SNMP monitoring,

Cons

There were some glitches after setup, with regards to notification loops via SMS. which took a while to resolve, but their support was great,

Monitor your servers on one dashboard

As a technical application manager I find it very useful in monitoring my application servers. Often solving technical problems before the application users become aware of them.

Pros

The possibility to monitor many servers on multiple domains and the flexibility of options when choosing what to monitor.

Cons

The web version tends to 'stick' every so often. This can be extremely annoying. But the alarms work very well.

Sachin from Wayfair

Ease to use at the first go was why i chose this software.

Pros

Out of all the products that were told by us to try before settling on one, this one clearly takes the cake for being the most easy to use tool and learn quickly from. Keeps users fairly interested.

Cons

Interface could have been a little better. Only if third party data integration and migration was supported then that would have taken over everything else for the whole user experience.

Edmond from Digicel

Opmanager, an excellent solution to monitor your network

Opmanager has been running strong with any issues since day one, nothing to complain

Pros

Opmanager is easy to deploy and use, you can easily scan the whole network and add your nodes. The interface is super clean.

Cons

So far nothing to complain, I've been able to find everything I need in the application, support has been very helpful also.

Chris from RDI-IT

Good RMM but buggy at times

Pros

Good tool and good feature set. They offer a lot of products but they don't always tie together seemlessly. For the features and price this is a good starter tool.

Cons

The product is buggy and at times doesn't perform the way you would want it to. Support is lacking and hard to work. If you need the tool to function 100% all the time, then you will be disappointed.

A good monitoring software

Pros

Simple to setup and use, excellent support.

Cons

Some of our hardware was not supported out of the box, however custom reports can be made to support these.

Dhanasekar from datamatics global services limited

ManageEngine Opmanager

Good

Pros

Easy to use and vast features and good support

Cons

The product completely satisfies my needs there are no cons

Response from ManageEngine

Replied July 2020

Hey Dhanasekar, thanks for your valuable feedback. This drives us to keep improving our products.

February 2012

Keean

February 2012

a comprehensive network management product

For a tool of this price point/range, a neat feature is the ability to create workflows with proper escalation and approval alerts. This is a rare component for a solution within this price bracket, as some high-end solutions do not do this well at all. The creation of workflows within the software allow for the automation of many tasks and operations.

Pros

The user-friendly approach that OpManager has created allows customers to customize and re-brand reports

Cons

does not currently offer third party data migration

Jendra

Leonart from GFx Soluciones

Nashen

Lisa from Arundel Lodge, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care