All BOSSDesk Reviews

Ryan

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

No programming knowledge No problem

My overall experience has been really good. I've always gotten the support I need when I've needed it in a very timely fashion.

PROS

Ease of deployment, ease of building out forms, setting up teams, custom routing etc. I like that most things are very easy to customize.

CONS

With the ease of use comes some restrictions. You're limited to just the options they give you. Since it's web based they can't really customize anything directly for you because it will impact all of their customers. I think reporting and some notification options could be improved as well.

Reason for choosing BOSSDesk

Cost and ease of deployment.

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

Was going to expire, was an onsite appliance to manage, very hard to configure and maintain.

Gary

Reviewed June 2020

Awesome product and support team for automating and streamlining your service desk.

We migrated from a legacy on-prem solution to a BoSS on-prem solution which we easily migrated to the BoSS SaaS solution. All of our information was easily migrated forward as we needed to make organizational changes. The BoSS solution suite is capable, flexible, adaptable, and easy to use, which has resulted in significant process improvements for our organization.

PROS

The integration and automation of service requests, and the ability to create a service request from multiple avenues. Being a SaaS solution enables access to tickets and inventory from any location and from any device. We are able to update our field techs with ticket assignments or ticket updates while they are in the field, and the techs are able to update the service ticket from the field with the latest information. This makes reporting close to real-time.

CONS

There's nothing that I can point to that I would regards as liking least about the solution, other than the solution won't actually perform the physical work itself :-)

Reason for choosing BOSSDesk

Better value and the BEST support team!!! I can't say enough good things about the Support team and how they continually strive to meet our organization's requirements.

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

We needed a more robust solution that would operate as a SaaS solution to meet our organizational goal of any time, any device, any location access.

Garrison

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great software!

Wonderful! Great product, amazing staff. We have had nothing but good experiences.

PROS

The speed and fluidity. That was a big thing for us moving from our last system - it was slow and clunky when trying to manage the smallest bits of information. BossDesk performance has never dropped or slowed throughout our integration process.

CONS

Not much, but sometimes, it does feel a little lightweight. However, every week, more and more features are being added, so I do not think that that will be an issue three years from now.

Ginger

Used free trial

Technology Specialist

It's a great product for inventory and work orders. I'm not really impressed about the reports or how the work orders print. I really like how it works with AD to pull in MS equipment.

Annette

Government Relations, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Upgrading TO BOSSDesk

No comment until we utilize the BOSSDesk

PROS

My company just purchased BOSSDesk, hopefully it will make Service Desk easier and give users more optional to choose from.

CONS

At the moment I don't have any opinion about BOSSDesk.

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

We upgraded to a better product with BOSS

david

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

BOSSDesk pro and cons

Overall, a good product and I will recommend to others to try the free trial and see what you think.

PROS

The ease of use and tracking capabilities of assets

CONS

We had some issues with most of the updates that caused hiccups

Reason for choosing BOSSDesk

looked to be a better product; the install process was fairly straight forward.

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

too expensive, a pain to setup and get working properly.

Gary

Alachua County BoCC Views

Great software for the price. We are paying the same amount we did several years ago.

PROS

This is a good application for help desk support, & IT asset tracking.

CONS

After a couple of upgrades, I am no longer able to assign "Primary User" to a computer. Also, when entering assets, I can only enter one, then back out to main CMDB to enter another. I used to be able to enter in a device & then click 'save & add another'. This function has been lost.

Reasons for switching to BOSSDesk

We needed a better application, & a way to track assets.

Joedy

BossDesk

We use BossDesk for our helpdesk solution as well as Asset Management as well as Self help point for our customers. The support staff is exceptional and makes setup and troubleshooting super easy.

PROS

The ease of use is extraordinary. Asset management is definitely a breeze once everything is setup. Ticket management and history of issues is easy to track based on both the customer involved and the asset. So problem management can be tracked down to the customer or device.

CONS

There really is not anything I can think of I would point out as being a negative

Better support, Better Product, More Scalable for our needs

Brad

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

BOSS Desk is an essential daily tool

PROS

As a help desk tool, BOSS is essential for my daily workflow. Without BOSS to capture and organize incoming help desk requests, my job would be more challenging. BOSS also makes it easy to search and recall previous tickets for a great knowledge base resource.

CONS

As an inventory tracking tool, BOSS falls short. However, if BOSS captures assets, the information it gathers is definitely helpful.

nicholas

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

I love BOSS Desk!

Overall I am very happy, and think it's a great way to manage a help desk ticketing system.

PROS

Fast, easy and intuitive! I really enjoy using this product for managing my tickets.

CONS

The knowledge base functions aren't as robust as I would like, but still very functional.

Ronald

outstanding price for Service Desk solution

The product has been in our portfolio for approximately 10 years and I would not change it out for another solution.

PROS

The portability and mobility of the platform are outstanding. The tools are integrated seamlessly. Each module is highly functional and makes service ticket resolution simple. Seasoned staff and new staff rarely struggle with the software. We have integrated the tool with many unconventional software applications and we allow outside vendors to interact with the platform as well.

CONS

We have very few issues with the product. It works as intended and the solution and they adds functionality often.

Russ

Reviewed December 2018

BOSS is on point

Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

PROS

The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting. My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

CONS

Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

Aaron

BOSSDesk

BOSS is a fantastic company that cares about their customers. The are fast to respond and supportive of our requests. One of the easiest relationships we have with a vendor.

PROS

The Company behind it. We have had this product for over 15 years. Any time we have a product need or suggestion we only have to reach out and they listen to our requests. Within a short period of time we find our request available in the product

CONS

None so far, I have nothing to report in this field, but it is mandatory :/

Kim

Reviewed October 2017

My most useful tools providing service to my customers. Support Central, Web and Mobile Helpdesk.

Implements our service response and keeps history.

PROS

Quickly write a ticket and assign it. Distributes with ease on 3 platforms. Support is very responsive and they've always helped me. Looking forward to the new web version. I hope to set it up with an ITIL theme. Very reasonably priced. Lots of webinars.

CONS

Someone in my organization designed the hierarchy before I got here and I would have done it differently. Will correct it when mapping to the new version. Had to learn SQL to get the kind of reports that I wanted.

Andy

Reviewed May 2023

Good solid ticketing and asset management

Its been great. Support is responsive and since they are a smaller company they care about each client

PROS

Good support and good for the cost ticketing system

CONS

That it requires a linux vm and a windows vm to run the on-premise deployment

Jeff

BOSS Support Central

We began evaluating service desk solutions early in 2015. We reviewed options that were both on-premise and cloud-based, systems designed for large organizations and small ones, web-based vs. Windows, different levels of automation and reporting, and much more. In the end, BOSS Solutions was the clear winner for us. As we progressed with our testing, their development team worked very closely with our staff to further customize the product for us and our unique needs. Everyone was all great to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We have an excellent product at a very competitive price. We have been using Support Central for almost 1 year and are very pleased. I can highly recommend them as a top-notch service desk solution provider.

PROS

Very flexible. Easy to use interface. Scalable. BOSS worked with us to customize it for our needs.

CONS

We had to create a few reports on our own, but that will be true with any system.

Mario

Supermarkets, 10,000+ employees

BOSS Solutions Review

The BOSS Support Central Solution is great for supporting our 225 plus grocery stores, 2 distribution centers, 3 corporate offices, and multiple satellite offices. We work in an ever changing world so having the great customer support from BOSS make it easier for my team to support our customers.

PROS

Simple integration and get data/reports from.

CONS

Would like to get more date from the notes in reports, meaning the ability to pull time from an individual agent in multiple tickets though out a day/week.

Deanna