All QuickBooks Online Reviews

Eugene

Food Production, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Quickbooks Online Review: Easy To Use!

Kurt

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

I Love the Access I have with Quickbooks Online

As I already said, I love the direct access to my numbers and the added reporting that has allowed me to better run my company by quickly getting insights I need. It's a lot easier for customers to pay online and I'm finding more and more of the moving that direction vs. sending in checks, so it's good that we are set up in this way now.

PROS

I started using desktop Quickbooks back in 2000 right after I first started the company. As a single-person company at first, I got used to being in the books almost every day. As we grew we added an in-house Bookkeeper. A few years ago I relocated the company to a different area and we kept our Bookkeeper who stayed in the original area. I really missed having direct access to the numbers so last year I switch to Quickbooks Online and I love it. In addition to having direct access to the numbers I need, it has a lot of other functionality and reporting that I really like. It's also great for clients to easily pay the invoices online. It's making a night and day difference. Support has been great as well.

CONS

It's definitely very expensive to be paying a pretty high fee every month - especially compared to the desktop version where we bought it and were good for years to come. It's definitely worth it but I'd be more of an evangelist if the pricing was a little easier on the pocket book.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Switched from Desktop since our Bookkeeping is remote so I could get direct access to the company's financees.

samantha

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

small bus user

in all a good experience, i did move to another software which i wont name, and soon moved back because it wasnt user friendly at all

PROS

easy to follow and understand all aspects that are needed in a small business. Reports are easy to use and can follow the links to show more details if needed

CONS

inability to adapt documents to show certain fields of information

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

it wasnt user friendly and the transactions werent clear for someone who isnt accounting trained

L

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Not worth your time and effort

Horrible. An absolute waste of time. This was my biggest mistake as a business owner.

PROS

It appeared to be user friendly and easy to use for a small business owner.

CONS

I don't even know where to start. I have Quickbooks, used it for payroll (until yesterday), and have a quickbooks checking account. First off, there are no checks with the checking account. How does this make sense? They literally hold your money hostage and then charge astronomical fees for transfers. I have tried repeatedly to call when I can not transfer money because the system says I have reached my transfer limit which is $5000 in a day and $10000 in a week. They check my account, acknowledge the account is okay and I have not reached my limit, but can not fix the problem. Secondly, as of yesterday I am no longer using QB for payroll. I thought it was so convenient at first and ran payroll with them for months only to recently be hit with insufficient funds notices. My account was never insufficient. I have had many representatives acknowledge this but still the only solution is to transfer money to another account, the money that was already in QB, then wire it back in along with another $100. Also, a $25 charge from my other account. After this has happened for a second time I will now use my other business account with a real bank for payroll. QB is the biggest rip off. If I could post this review all over the internet I would. My longest call was 3 hours! I was transferred all over. They are absolutely ridiculous and I would advise any new business owner to seek another software. I am literally typing this message after being told "you have not reached your transfer limit so I am not sure why you are getting this message". My other favorite line is "your account is not insufficient, so I am not sure why this has happened". This review asks for the date of experience. Everyday! If they check my call log I call weekly, sometimes daily. I regret investing in QB and the amount of time I waste for issues.

Melidee

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Quickbooks for Civil Engineers

PROS

Accessibility - able to work remotely from anywhere.

CONS

Customer service - or lack thereof. Unable to resolve issues, especially with payroll.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Accessibility and to sync with invoicing platform

Angelina

Retail, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Best quick book

Calculating other online books, finding QuickBooks for business and having the utensils. QuickBooks is the easiest to use and you get more money and get your taxes done when you need to do your own taxes.

PROS

Saving money and learning to save and make a little money

CONS

Compared QuickBooks pricing was the easiest decision for my online accounting software. And I can cancel at any time, but at this time do not need to cancel.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

Spoke to others who had used QuickBooks online. And there were reviews were higher than all other online hardware.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Because it wasn’t describing step-by-step, what I needed for my business and personal taxes

Maureen

Accounting, 1 employee

Quickbooks Online (QBO)

For very small companies it's a suitable option. But it is significantly slower and limited than their desktop version.

PROS

Cloud storage, access to multiple users simultaneously.

CONS

Reports are much more limited than QB Desktop.

Charline

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

easy to use

Good and happy, solid system, good support as well

PROS

The mileage tracking, online invoicing, expense reports

CONS

Not always easy to integrate app purchases

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

Recommended by others who use QB already

Edna

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

QuickBook Easy

PROS

Quick books online and offline are both very easy to use, and surely are user friendly.

CONS

The only challenge was to change the currency cause the company I worked with was in South Africa.

Muhammad

Animation, 11-50 employees

Market place

I have a wonderful experience and I enjoy a lot

PROS

Really helpful, easily find out and very strong

CONS

I like the way they design it and they made it

Sandra

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

PROS

Very user friendly and easy to follow. I would recommend this to other accountants who have a large client base.

CONS

It does sometimes take a while to download reports

Taylor

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Overall a great choice for nonprofits

Overall I am very pleased by my experience with QBO. While I struggled with initial implementation, it has very much streamlined financial management once I figured out how to more efficiently utilize the software. The flexibility of using QBO through my browser of software download is an immensely important feature that I cannot overstate - since my position is volunteer/unpaid, if I ever leave the organization they cannot be tied to a software downloaded on my personal laptop. Plus its just nice to know that I have access anywhere I need, regardless.

PROS

QBO has made it so much easier to stay on top of finances for the nonprofit I work with. It's so nice to add bills for reimbursement of expenses to stay on top of when the expense occurred as well as when the reimbursement check was written vs deposited. Automatic linking to my bank account and to paypal is a lifesaver. I don't know what I would do without locations or being able to use classes for fund reporting/functional expenses.

CONS

There was definitely a steep learning curve, and I've just had to accept that some of the transactions I was doing when I first started weren't done in the most 'ideal' way. I'm adding historical finances for 8 years and struggling with handling inventory in particular, since I'm both trying to keep up with current purchases/sales and build the historical financial statements. While the QBO online forum is generally helpful for troubleshooting issues, sometimes I run into features that just aren't available on QBO and only on QuickBooks desktop which is incredibly frustrating when I know how useful it would be.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

QBO is just more of an industry standard. I felt that there would be more help available/issues would have been better fixed in the past since its usage is so widespread.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

We were practically unable to do any reasonable financial analysis. The historical treasurers used the cash method without breaking out actual expenses rather than reimbursement checks, so we lost so much detail that I'm now trying to recreate.

Breanna

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Best for those not trained in accounting

QBO is great because it allows our clients access to their books any time, anywhere. We are finding this is increasingly important to our clients. It also allows clients to do their own invoicing and receive payments themselves in the same system we are using for their bookkeeping. This product really is the future of bookkeeping.

PROS

Far and away the best feature of this software is that it's cloud based. So many clients want to be able to see their books from anywhere, at any time, on any device. If you are using this for a small business and are not trained in bookkeeping/accounting, this is the easiest bookkeeping software on the market.

CONS

If you are a trained bookkeeper/accountant you will likely be disappointed that it's not as flexible as Sage 50. They payroll module is terrible unless you have simple payroll with no deductions or special pay circumstances. While you can do a journal entry with a supplier name, you can't enter a negative invoice. They've updated with a credit card credit that allows you to enter a negative credit card transaction but it's limited to credit card transactions only.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

QBO is far more advanced than the Sage cloud product. My preference would be Sage 50 but because this is cloud based, it's the next best thing.

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

The Best Accounting Software For Small Businesses!

Overall I love Quickbooks Online and recommend it to all small business owners that I know! It's been a huge help for my business in getting our accounting organized, without having to hire a book keeper. Invoicing has never been easier, as it keeping track of income and expenses. It's perfect at tax time and helps keep us on track to get as many deductions as possible. It's simply the best of it's class...

PROS

The interface of Quickbooks Online couldn't be better. It easily links to your bank accounts and starts to understand your accounting categories right away. It's super customizable and the features are in depth and thorough. I love how intuitive (no pun intended) the software is overall. It's also great that it's online so you can login from anywhere, including on an app, to track everything.

CONS

The only real limitation I can think of with the software, is sometimes weird errors can happen with your balance sheet / income statements. Everything really needs to be exactly dialed in , otherwise errors can happen and throw things off. While this is probably due to human error, for someone like me who is not an accounting expert, this can be frustrating to figure out where things went wrong...

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

Was the best bang for it's buck and is the gold standard for a reason.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Needed something more in depth!

Misty

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

20+ year user of Qucikbooks

Overall I'm happy with QB's online, we save a lot of time as I mentioned before on data entry. I just don't pout my really compicated clients in the software, I keep them in desktop.

PROS

I love how quickly the data entry goes in QB's online versus QB's desktop. With rules and auto entries it take the tedious parts of accounting and automates them. I'm able to focus my time on more complicated items that add value to my serives to my clients.

CONS

It still needs a lot of work on the developement of the software. You are unable ot customize PO's, which is insane to me. It's a little hard to get used to when coming from their sister product desktop. Desktop is so rubust and had very little flaws that I somtimes find myself banging my head gainst a wall, like why?!! Also, the subscription based pricing makes it so you always have ot pay for the software. With desktop I bought it once and none of my clients had to pay for it. Way to make money intuit, now but that money back into the developement of the software!

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

All my staff has used te software before and it's intuitive to them. I have also been using it since 1999, so it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks!

Jose J

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

One of the Best Accounting Software for Small to Mid-sized businesses

Quickbooks online is our main tool and resource to have a quick snapshot of our accounting, sales, taxes, and profit/loss reports. Also, Quickbooks is our invoicing software and CRM.

PROS

The onboarding and migration of our company data from an offline software to Quickbooks Online was way faster than we expected. Aside from that, QuickBooks has been our main and preferred accounting and invoicing tool since 2018.

CONS

I believe Quickbooks Online reports are not that customizable like the offline Quickbooks versions. Also, there are differences managing multiple companies. We need to create and buy separate Quickbooks Online accounts for each of our companies and with the offline versions we just had to buy one set of licenses, that allowed us to manage multiple company files.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

Previous experience with Quickbooks offline versions.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

I believe Quickbooks Online has more features that we need to manage our entire business than Xero. I think Xero focuses more on accounting.

Reviewed December 2022

Best for billing clients based on project time

The overall experience of time tracking really depends on specific need and how well it fits into existing workflow. Quickbooks Online has afforded a great experience and I have had consistent billing for repetitive tasks albeit with slight modifications.

PROS

I use Quickbooks Online for personal work and expense tracking. Most of my projects are billed time on time spent on the project proportionately with the overall project. I struggled in trying to workout this kind of billing with several other accounting softwares and Excel templates became a bit limiting for me. Time tracking in Quickbooks is very helpful especially for tracking time spent on different tasks and projects. With the customizable timer feature, I am able to customize the timer to fit each specific task, include additional notes and descriptions for each entry documenting the nature of the processes involved etc. The time tracking feature is available as well on a mobile app which easily allows to track time on the go. Finally, the customizable reports allows me to see how much time I have spent on different task and how much I have invoiced for that time.

CONS

I think the main challenges I have found with the time tracking has been sometimes getting the billing accuracy. This has been because all the tracking is not that automated meaning any simple error can go unnoticed and affect the overall billing. Additionally, it is not highly customizable to fit almost all projects and sometimes I am forced to use other tools to manage the project.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Elegant user interface and time tracking capabilities

Maciej