All DaySmart Pet Reviews

1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

Great tiered system that's perfect for businesses of all stages and sizes

This software is fantastic, overall! It has made managing a business a thousand times easier and has saved me so much time. I spend less time scheduling appointments and marketing, and more time grooming! I wouldn't be without this software. I highly recommend you try it out, you won't regret it!

PROS

I LOVE this software! It has seriously been a lifesaver. There is a management option for aspects of a grooming business that I didn't even think of. There are three plans that you can choose from, depending on your business. My favorite options to use are Facebook booking and recurring marketing. These two options have saved me so much time and heartache. I honestly wouldn't be without this software!

CONS

It's hard to find a con, but if I must, I'd have to say that the pricing is a little high, especially for the starter plan. However, the flip side to this is that the software is just so useful that you really don't mind paying for it. The higher your plan, the more features you get. I'd still recommend it!

Shawnee

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Use it everyday!

I like DaySmart and really love that I have it on my phone and can check throughout the day! I have used other softwares but for a larger company this is great product!

PROS

It’s easy to navigate and makes life so much easier with the reminders for clients! It’s pretty user friendly in that you can figure it out on your own. There are many different ways to schedule or maintain your day.

CONS

It is a little hard to teach new people how to use because it has so many different ways to achieve what your trying to do.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

The multiple uses like putting notes In clients profiles and scheduling on our phones

Just to try it

Liz

Reviewed April 2018

The more they update the worse it gets!

PROS

We have been using this software for over seven years. It was perfect when we first bought it in 2011. It was easy to use and worked exactly how we needed it to work. This is no longer the case and it is now costing us time and money instead of saving it...

CONS

Most of our customers have standing reservations for daycare and also buy packages. You can no longer schedule out their reservations and pull from their package. It counts future dates against the package so you cannot add an additional day if requested and pull from the package. It charges them full price and there is no way to change it unless you start deleting future days and then it just becomes a nightmare. Scheduling is the main function of this software and it does not do what it needs to do to run a successful daycare! So now we have to manually re-enter every single appointment every single day (over 60 dogs/appointments per day). What used to take 15 minutes now takes over one hour. Now this week it suddenly is showing that customers have negative days so it is no longer alerting us that the customer has used up their package and are due for a new one! That is money out the door!! Also, basic things like viewing tickets used to be so easy and now you have to make numerous clicks just to get to what you want to view. Even though we just paid for an upgrade, we are researching other software companies and are willing to pay again for one that works. The stress of switching over to a new software program is worth not having to deal with the every day stress of 123 Pet! We have been using this software longer than their reps have worked there and know more about it than they do, so they're of no help. We do not recommend this product, look elsewhere!

We' sorry to hear that you've had a problem. It does look like you have not completed the free maintenance updates released for your version. These include bug fixes and feature improvements. We did make changes to the way packages are implemented due to many requests. We're sorry that this change negatively impacted your operation. Our Customer Support Specialist has reached out to you to see how we can be of further assistance.

Replied May 2018

Reviewed March 2024

JEN'S DIRTY DOGS LOVES DAYSMART PET

PROS

I LOVE THE EASY OF SET UP, USE, STORAGE, & FUNCTIONALITY.

CONS

I WISH IT WERE A LITTLE EASIER TO NAVIGATE & FIND THE FUNCTIONS THAT I NEED.

Lena

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

DaySmart Pet Software is Essential for Pet Grooming Salons

We used to use other software to schedule our appointments in our grooming salon, but found that there was a lot that we couldn’t do. Then we found DaySmart Pet and decided to try it. The software is perfect, it has everything we need. It integrates easily into our website, allows customers to book online on their own, sends appointments to us in a nice easy to see schedule, and sends reminders and pickup texts automatically. We are able to keep track of the pets easily and add or see any notes that may be relevant to the pet. I feel this has made us much more efficient! I would highly recommend to any salon.

PROS

I like how easy it is to schedule appointments and communicate with our customers. I also like how much information I am able to collect about each client to see anytime needed.

CONS

I would like to see more customization offered, such as the ability to personalize texts sent to customers.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

It has all of the features we were looking for plus others we did not even think of. The price is very competitive as well.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

There was a lot of features not offered or customized to the pet grooming industry.

Rebecca

Good software but slow

PROS

Daysmart has so much information about the pets available plus lots of reports.It is easy to see the schedule at a glance.It is easy to run payroll! It is easy to learn basic functions

CONS

It is slow! It can be glitchyBooking would be better if you could set what times groomers perform certain services and then fill it in with appts. That would work well for online booking as well. Online booking does not work for more than one appt at a time. It is difficult to find settingsWhen using their cc it crashes all the time so we have to enter manually

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

Seemed like it had the most functionality for ys

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

Previous did not have payroll, vaccinations or services by color

Hanna

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Great CRM for pet grooming

I love 123 pet groom, only thing missing is a digital agreement. I love that this software could easily grow with me as my business becomes bigger.

PROS

This software is very user friendly, easy to navigate and integrate into your every day. I have the credit card processor through cardpointe integrated in 123 pet groom also and it has worked very smoothly and beat my bank merchant service pricing. During hard times of getting started they waved my monthly fee instead of my having to cancel and it helped keep me going! I love that I can book online and automate responses or emails to clients, it helps with busy work and avoid the need to hire.

CONS

The interface changes depending on the device you're using so it take a few minutes to get used to but nothing substantial. I login in my laptop, phone and tablet. I would LOVE to see the ability to have a digital agreement! I'm mobile so carrying around paper agreements is a headache especially for events I run. I also think it would be better for file retention. I would also like to be able to have more control of my online booking page, with more customization rather than just the looks of it. I'd like to customize the questions or number of pets they can add to the request etc.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

I had experience using 123 pet at a previous employer and knew I liked the reports it offers and navigation of the software.

Crystal

Reviewed June 2020

123Pets

I like it but there are some very easy fixes to make it more user friendly.

PROS

I like that it is easy to use and payroll is easy.

CONS

There is no space for additional people in the household to have contact info, there is not place for legal forms that we need to have on file. I can't hover over an appointment space and see the time... sometimes we book at the wrong time because we have so many people on the schedule.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

Pawfinity was excellent but the software started loosing data from previous grooms (we had pictures of pets, knew the pet but all previous services were gone)

Denise

Reviewed September 2023

After 12 years of use

For the most part I'm not unhappy with the product my biggest beef is that for the amount of use that I get out of the overall product the amount I pay is ridiculous. I'm only using it for my appointment scheduling and half the time I can't see that.

PROS

The longer I use the product the more I learn about the product. I am happy with the overall performance there are some things that I would consider to be a little bit annoying.

CONS

It's been 12 years I've been using this product and I still don't know all the ins and outs because I think they change rather quickly. I think the cost to use this product is excessive and I have been looking to find a much better way of managing my appointments. As a Canadian the price is like $170 a month and then you can access any of your other groomersTo see what's going on even though you're the administrator and the manager and the owner. And that certainly annoys me. You're a number of other things I could probably mention but I'm not gonna get into it.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

When I bought my business DaySmart was already a part of it. And I owned my software at the time since then many things have changed when is it being the pricing has been readily going up each year. I no longer own the product I'm informed I just rented. I wish it wasn't so troublesome to change or go to something different that wasn't breaking my bank but up to this pointI haven't made the decision to go forward with changing it. I called and talked about the pricing and was told there's nothing they could do. Unless I went to the cloud unfortunately I don't know the difference between the cloud and when I'm using on my PC. Which puts me at a disadvantage to make any kind of a decision

Julie

Individual & Family Services, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

A bit too expensive for the business size but still a great software

It's been great, anytime I had an issue costumer service was always very helpfull and the sofware was down only a handfull of times in the last 2 years

PROS

It's very easy to learn how to use the software and it is visually pleasing. It runs smoothly most of the time and I like that I can access my appointement book anytime and anywhere with the cloud.

CONS

Mostly the price. For a 1 person business it is a big expense to commit.I recently had to downgrade to the cheapest version but now I do not have the tools that where actually making the app more efficient like multi check out or payroll, but at the same time I dont believe 2 features are worth doubling the price of the software. I would love to have an option to choose what I want as I dont use the features I have (promotions, products, employees, schedule)I am not a big fan of the cancelation process. If a client doesn't show i dont have an option to add a fee or notify them and have to do it all manually

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

Was the first I tried the demo with and I enjoyed it

Amber

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Daysmart Pet

Not so great not really happy but feel stuck with it as I don’t want to roll over everything just yet.

PROS

I like the reminder text but feel the upgrade package should give more than 1000 for free same as the basic package.

CONS

There are too many buttons to push to get to one spot. Too many steps. outdated look. Very time consuming

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

For the customer service reviews but anytime I had a problem it couldn’t be fixed. It’s like there is no openness to change some of the operating features.

Lucy

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

DaySmart works ok, not good value

Service, product, speed, and ease of use has declined massively, we are thinking about switching after 13 years of use. I've had many problems multiple issues were related to each other. When we finally fixed one bug (on your end) we lots lots of information causing us 40 hours of reception pay to re-input years worth of info. And the "bug" (which your tech team has called and claimed was on your end) has came back multiple times we have just learned to deal with it, as we do not want to lose information again. I have been using day smart since 2010 even came to a party at your office. I believe what we pay vs the product we get do not justify the cost. I have reached out and heard nothing back about our issues.suggestions I've made but haven't been changed.- being able to add "pet name" to reminders (most clients have more then one pet and they get frustrated that they do not know which has a appointment)- fix the rabies bug. 75% of our inputted rabies do not show up under medical tab.- automated text replys- frequently used text replys (stored for easy texting)- Be able to send multiple text confirmations (3days then if not confirmed again @ 1day)- Hold times for support is almost impossible to use when we are running a salon. Then we are always transfered multiple times since our issues are on your end.

PROS

Scheduling, Reminders, and confirmations.

CONS

unable to edit basic features. Support is awful.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

Used for years! But we are thinking about switching

Laci

Reviewed September 2019

Online booking is out dated

If it wasn't time consuming I would switch to another scheduling program. That is more user friendly, for my team, and my clients to book appointments. I have been looking for a new program for years. But I just don't have the time to move all my clients, and information to a new one.

PROS

It's easy to use once you figure it out. Customer support I always have luck with them.

CONS

It is way over priced. The online booking is VERY outdated. Along with the text message reminders. There should be an option for people to cancel or reschedule from their emails or text reminders. They really need to up date to more of a service like Booking or Timetap.

I used it before.

Aimee

Veterinary, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Headache, Waste of Money and Time

Disappointed, frustrating, stressful. Now have to switch to another company.... That will cost more time and money! On top of training for a new software. Not a happy customer and product user!

PROS

Price, mobile and tablet friendly, pricing based on company size and features needed.

CONS

Tech support is never able to resolve issues, app or direct web version always has glitches, lost weeks worth of inventory data I input months ago (inventory randomly disappeared) without explanation or reasoning. Email compaigns get "bugs" tech support will tell you to just make a new one. Not reliable product at all. Time spent dealing with 5 separate issues in 1 week is time wasted for clients and business. Lost sale today because I could not check out a retail CASH sale! Very frustrating to say the least.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Pet

After doing initial phone interview, free trial, testing product (my first software purchase for business) I was using Outlook for scheduling and paper records for clients. I wanted to go paperless to save time, paper and money (less time spent copying, printing, filing, writing ECT). Referred by other user.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

Read above. Product is not reliable, tech support never resolves issues or has answers for product glitches. Happens way too often!

Crystal

Reviewed September 2016

Needs work

Tried online booking for over year and eventually had to give up. To bad they can't update to fix problems

PROS

This look of the site is amazing and ease of use for salon is great.

CONS

Unfortunately this system will add clients as new client to existing database if the client doesn't put in the exact same information that is in the database already , causing groomer to have to search through database for notes on pet and causing false reports. Giving clients their own code to input instead of all their info would help this. Also, Clients with multiple pets have a difficult time booking as the "plus" sign is small. Should add "additional pet" button allowing for that pets name and service to be added. If that client has 6 dogs but only wants to book for 2, the salon has no idea which pets they are booking for. I spent 30 minutes every morning trying to fix clients appointments. :( Also, overbooking large dogs was a problem. Having a limit amount for groomers to accept would be nice. I just had to add "large dogs must be booked by phone"

Charlene

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Day smart

Reports are nice compared to others.

PROS

Easy to use and great help in organization

CONS

Notes require to many clicks to get information. Could be streamlined.

Pricing and customer support

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Pet

More features and better reporting

Tori

Life changer

Overall its been fairly user friendly and support has always been so quick and helpful

PROS

Daysmart has been so great in our day to day use. We recently learned how to color coordinate appointments which has been so helpful especially with teaching new people the systems.

CONS

I wish there was a way for clients to upload their vaccines and for them to request appointments/times with out actually booking them

Maria