• icon"I like how easy it is to run this program if I can do it anybody can do this program."
  • icon"I love that I can access the software from anywhere on earth."
  • icon"I like the simplicity of this software. We do not utilize the more complicated functions because we are only a daycare and do not do boarding."
  • icon"Daycare checkout is a little confusing to new users."
  • icon"I wish there was a way to block out specific times."
  • icon"The billing can be confusing at times with the different."

All Kennel Link Reviews

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent product with out of the box ease of use!

We run our daily operation through KennelLink and have been for 10+ past years.

Pros

KennelLink is so user-friendly. It's intuitive with no learning curve.

Cons

It's not pretty and can appear outdated. However, this is not the case - as the product is maintained frequently and new features are often added. The simplistic look contributes to it's ease of use.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Link

KennelLink was by far the most intuitive and easiest to use. Someone with little to no computer experience could pick it up and use it in no time.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on the ease of use of our software. We are glad the current interface is working well, but we are also in the process of developing a more streamlined user interface that will have a more modern appearance. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Stace

We Love Kennel Link

We use the software for daycare, boarding and boutique items which may be purchased at the time the dog is boarding. It is so easy to use and easy to train new employees on.

Pros

We used a few other reservation systems before finding kennel link. The software is so easy to learn, the Kennel link team is fast in adding any additional feature we need. Compared to other software packages it is very reasonably priced

Cons

There isn't anything i dislike about Kennel Link

Reasons for choosing Kennel Link

An employee who came to work for my facility had used kennel link before and told us of all the benefits.

Reasons for switching to Kennel Link

Gingr couldn't figure out our pricing structure. Customers were being overcharged for additional dogs. It was a customer service nightmare.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate hearing that our hard work on the software has paid off. We designed the software so that it would be easy for everyone to learn. We are glad it's working for you! Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Shelley

Functional, but lacking

Kennel Link is basic dog daycare software. So if you are running a basic daycare, then this is the software for you

Pros

Overall, it is easy to use. And if you do make a mistake, these are usually easily fixed

Cons

I feel we dont have any customer support. There are weird things happening in our system that we cannot account for.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We were unaware that you were having problems and regret that your experience with our customer support has been negative. We make every effort to offer the best customer service available. We would like to further discuss how we might better your experience. We will reach out to you via email to clear up these concerns. We are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year and would be happy to work with you on any issues you may have. Since you are an international customer, perhaps Skype is an option. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Replied June 2021

Andrey

Pet Boarding Made Easy

I am very happy with Kennel Link. I have used their program for the past 9 years and I couldn't imagine using anyone else. My employees and I use it on a daily basis and my entire business depends on it. Occasionally there were outages and Kennel Link was able to switch us to a back-up server without a glitch.

Pros

Prior to selecting Kennel Link I researched four other companies but found Kennel Link best suited for my company needs. The features that I was sold on: 1. Easy to use and to train my employees. It usually take me about 1 hour to train my new employees on how to use Kennel Link. 2. Web based. I and my wife are able to check the current or past status of what is going on at the kennel from anywhere in the world. 3. Single bill processing. Kennel Link is linked with the credit card processing, therefore I only need to process bill once. This feature avoids double-entry process, where I would have to record a bill and process credit card transaction separately. 4. Superb Customer Service. I called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on weekends, on holidays if necessary and they always were very pleasant and accommodating in resolving any issues that I may have. 5. Functionality. I run a fairly small (up to 50 dogs/cats) boarding/day care business in a single location. The Kennel Link features completely fit all the needs that my business requires.

Cons

It's not a con, but more of a recommendation. It would be nice to have ability to sort/filter or arrange in ascending/descending order some of the reports. Currently I have to copy and paste those reports into Excel to analyze my client spending/location/services/etc.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Link

The feature that sold me over was ease of use. Training can take time that I don't have enough of. Kennel Link is intuitive, simple to use and I would recommend them to anyone.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you so much for your detailed review of Kennel Link. We are happy that the software is working so well for you! You can sort most reports by clicking on almost any column header ascending or descending. Hopefully this will help you organize reports in a more efficient manner. As you stated, we have a backup server that enables you to continue using Kennel Link in the event that issues arise with our primary server. This allows us to provide uninterrupted access to the software. We appreciate our long-standing relationship and look forward to working with you in years to come. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Tom

PupTown, LLC likes it...

It has run flawless since inception.

Pros

It was an easy conversion from a past program we had used. It is straight forward and presents things cleanly and professionally. I think I've called to get a few changes made and they were taken on in a positive manner. And, if I needed support I have always had a quick and understandable response. Previously we had a server based system. The cloud is failure free, fast and makes Kennel Link available on my phone too. Being able to go back and edit the account/billing screens is very helpful when a mistake in billing occurs.

Cons

The main page user interface is a little clunky when you first start using the program. It would be nice to be allowed to hide certain selections to further streamline the home page. We do not use special services at all but it always shows up upon check-in. We'd like to make check-in and check-out as fast as possible. We have upwards of 60 dogs coming and going during peak morning and evening times ( 3 hr span each) which makes 1 transaction every 4 minutes.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Link

Easy to use, no fluff just straight forward operations, pricing was decent and it isn't really modular so you get what you need plus other options you choose not the supplier.

Reasons for switching to Kennel Link

The server crashed and then I found that the company went out of business. I evaluated multiple programs and Kennel Link came out ahead in many categories.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. I'm glad the system is working well for you and that our customer support team is meeting your expectations! We are currently working on a new customer interface that will hopefully make your experience with our software a better one. It should streamline functionality and give Kennel Link a more modern look. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Lesley

Kennel Link is FIVE STAR!

We are a Franchise Firm and Kennellink responds to new site set-ups in hours from the time they are notified that a new location is about to start up. I can't say enough about their Customer Support as being First Class! They know what I need and they deliver in seconds.

Pros

Kennellink is the easiest system to use in the Pet Industry. Pampered Paws has been with them for over 15 years, and we value their product very much and have made us stay on top of technology. Kennellink is very progressive and know what we need; even before we know we need it! Customer Support is very strong and they respond to our needs in record time. Our Corporate Accounting Firm wishes all their clients had a system as easy to work with at year end as we have. I would recommend Kennellink and Kennellink only for the Pet Industry.

Cons

I do not have one complaint about the software! And that is a fact!

Reasons for choosing Kennel Link

Their Marketing Team was strong on giving the current information on Web Based data, they laid out the facts, and sold me on their techno knowledge, PLUS they converted our old system into theirs with ease and in lighting speed, so we were not down one minute during the conversion, and that was no easy task as we had been in business for 20 years prior to making the switch. Any firm considering making the switch or coming on board with Kennellink will forever be grateful for having all the business tools they need to communicate with their clients as well as stay informed on a daily basis with their accounting needs. Lesley Weeks, Pampered Paws Limited www.pamperedpaws.com

Reasons for switching to Kennel Link

Pampered Paws made a big leap some 15 + years ago by switching to Kennellink to give us Web-based data! Best business decision I have made in Business! Thank you Kennellink and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for bringing me into the 21st Century with the ease of an Angel.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for the glowing review! It's always nice to hear that we are exceeding your expectations. We work hard to satisfy our customers and are glad that our efforts are paying off. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Katybeth

Kennel Link(s) us to out customers

Simple, dependable, strong communication and outstanding customer service. They offer what we need.

Pros

Camp Run A Pup has been using Kennel Link for over 10 years. We have space for about 50 dogs, both boarding and day camp. Kennel link fits are needs because it is simple to use. The customer service is extraordinary. And they keep updating and improving the software.

Cons

I'll admit it isn't the prettiest software out there, and it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but those things aren't important to us. Customer service, improving and growing, and dependability are essential to us.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Link

Ease of use and customer service.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. It's a pleasure to hear things are working well for you! We are working on a new customer interface that will hopefully give Kennel Link a more streamlined and "pretty" appearance. We look forward to serving you for years to come. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Katie

Kennel Link Review

It is a great value for what you get. :)

Pros

What I enjoy most about Kennel Link is the ease of use. Everything is very self explanatory on the website. When I have new employees start working they are up to speed on and have a basic knowledge of what to do within an hour. I love that I can view everything at any time.

Cons

I wish there was a way to block out specific times. Example: I am completely full with a dog LEAVING at 5pm but I have one ARRIVING at 8a. Kennel link will show that there is an available kennel when in fact it is not available til 5p and will let me book the kennel. Then we are overbooked. If there was a way to pop up that we are full until said time or some way to black out times so you know when you have a free kennel that would be amazing. Also, if there would be a mobile friendly site or app, that would be amazing. I use my Samsung for everything and it is very difficult to access Kennellink on that screen for a website.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. We are happy to hear that it is easy to use and meets your needs. Being web-based is one of our key selling points and we are glad that you enjoy this feature. We understand your concerns about overlapping reservations during check-in/check-out times. We will explore updating this process in future versions of Kennel Link. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Jasmin

April 2022

Great for booking

Kennel link was great for booking when booking Grooming appointments was all we needed. Once we expanded we needed more features to accommodate our Daycare, Training Classes, and ability to text Customers via the booking system

Pros

This booking system has all the things needed to create detailed customer profiles, as well as pet profiles, very easy to use, easy to book reservations. Nice Booking system with out all the bells and whistles, it's straight to the point.

Cons

No live chat support No automated confirmations for Customers No customizable features

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that our system works well for booking your grooming reservations. Although we don't have live chat support, we are available by phone and email 365 days a year. We are available to answer any questions you may have. We do offer automatic email reservation confirmations and also, with our optional texting feature, texts can be sent automatically when a reservation is made, as a reminder for an upcoming reservation, when a grooming appointment is completed, or to remind your customer of expiring vaccinations. You can also send out "Thank You" texts after a pet has checked out. The texting feature is very flexible and the messages are customizable. Also, we offer a daycare module where you can make reservations, track daycare packages, and check pets in and out. We would love to talk to you about how these features might help you in your day-to-day business. If you are interested, please give us a call. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Replied May 2022

Siobhan

Industry: Writing and Editing

Everything you need for a full POS system

This is a complete all-in-one software that practically runs your business for you! You will be amazed at how efficient it is and just how easy it is to integrate into your new or established business.

Pros

There are just too many things to love about this software! But if I had to narrow it down, I must say that I love that it is compatible with Pet Detect, so you can print out collars to easily identify pets. I get so many poodles in my area, and it just adds an extra layer of security to make sure the right dog gets the right groom! I also love that it has a dropbox integration to store documents electronically.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints, as I have only had a very positive experience with this software so far.

Chelsea

Kennel Link for Camp

Kennel Link is a great program that my business uses on a daily basis. It helps us store information, organize our clients, and care for our campers. Whenever we need help with something, they are always there for us with a quick and helpful response.

Pros

Kennel Link helps us organize our clients and information in a helpful and useful way.

Cons

We would like to be able to send information to clients in a way the program does not allow, but to be fair, I have not taken the time to speak to them about this.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for your review. Overall, it sounds like Kennel Link is meeting your needs. That's great! We would, however, love to talk to you about how you can use Kennel Link to contact your customers. Without knowing the specifics, here are some ways you can keep in touch with your customers using Kennel Link. Texting: You can text your customers automatically. Send them a text when they make a reservation, a few days before they arrive, or to remind them of expiring vaccinations. Email: When a reservation is made, an automatic email can be sent. Reservation reminders can be emailed at your discretion. You can also email receipts from a customer's bill. Mass email: We have an email list builder that allows you to send a mass email. You can use criteria like all grooming clients, campers from last week, or customers with upcoming reservations. The possibilities are endless! Please call us and we'll fill you in on the details. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Jay Ann

Excellent

Excellent - love that everything is backed up securely by Kennellink on their secure servers. Accounting information totals literally take seconds to access for any time period from daily to yearly including past years.

Pros

I really love how responsive the people at Kennel Link are. They answer the phone and/or emails promptly and take care of any requests I have immediately. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The software is very comprehensive and easy to use. The new texting feature is awesome. The kiosk for credit card processing has more than tripled the amount of tips since it is quick and easy for customers to choose a percentage.

Cons

Can't think of any negatives at the moment

Reasons for switching to Kennel Link

Constantly had problems with the Kennel Connection and they kept changing the software which required you to purchase the new updated version. If I remember correctly at that time it was not backed up online so you had to manually back up all of your data

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review of Kennel Link. We are happy that your experience has been positive! It is a pleasure working with you. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Dana

Meets all our needs!

I like the ease of using KL. I have tried out several other products and never found anything that met our needs better. They are constantly updating and upgrading the product also, and I've enjoyed watching the product evolve over the past twelve years.

Pros

I like the simplicity of this software. We do not utilize the more complicated functions because we are only a daycare and do not do boarding. This allows us to schedule 90 dogs per day for daycare, look at past history, and reserve dogs for upcoming days. We've been using this software for about twelve years. Every now and then I look into other products and have never found anything that suited our needs better.

Cons

The dogs each day are categorized by if they are morning, full day or afternoon and I wish they were just alphabetized.

Response from Kennel Link

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are glad that it is working so well for you! Regarding the daycare reports, you can alphabetize them by pet name or customer name just by clicking on the column header. Hopefully this will make the report more usable for you. Also, as you grow, we can add more daycare capacity at any time. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Replied January 2020

Sharon

Excellence

Anytime I need something a little different, they set it up for me. Always a good result with any problems

Pros

The support is ALWAYS there. Easy to use.

Cons

At first I didn't like the off site system, but that has turned out to be a plus.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Link

Saw it at a pet expo. The people really took their time explaining the system and the system I had didn't offer anything near what Kennel Link offered

Reasons for switching to Kennel Link

the back up support. I am NOT computer oriented so having the back up was great

Response from Kennel Link

We appreciate your review. We understand your initial concerns about our web-based solution but glad you have grown to like it. It makes it easy for you to manage your business from just about anywhere and also, if anything were to happen to your computer, all of your data is safe. Excellent customer support is a very high priority for us so we're happy that you have had good results with ours. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Andrea

Time used: Free Trial

September 2015

A good choice for our business.

Pros: Realistic demo - we appreciated the opportunity to create/edit/book real guests and reservations ourselves with real questions as to how to do it rather than a canned demo run through by an expert. Easy to set up/learn - there aren't a lot of bells and whistles to try to maneuver around, just straightforward information, and when you get lost Cindy is a quick email away with (usually) a very quick answer back. Quick download - we live in a rural area with tortoise-speed internet download. Our previous software (PawLoyalty) had a lot of graphics on each page and would freeze more often than not, just as a client was trying to check in or out. With KennelLink we have not had that problem even once. Sure, it's not as pretty, but who needs pretty when you have chaos lining up to check out? LOTS of reports - enough to even satisfy an accountant-turned-kennel-owner. Information easily accessible - each client and dog has just one page, so we can see everything about that animal in one step. Our previous software had back doors all over the place and different pages and it seemed like we could never find what we were looking for. Cons: Email - we still have not been able to get the email configured and did not get much help with it. That's pretty much the only frustration we have had with the software and customer service. Daycare cards - we would like to not have to use the card system as it just doesn't fit quite right, but we have adapted and it's not a huge deal. Invoices - A new invoice will start only when the balance is zeroed out. It would be nice if a new one would start at the beginning of each month, even if it showed a forwarding balance. Credit card processing - it's just too expensive for our size of business compared with PayPal and a few other services that we can run through our smart phones. We would prefer to go through KennelLink, but not for that price. We do not have experience working with it due to the expense, so can't say how well it works. Overall we are quite happy with our choice of switching to KennelLink. It is a simple, straightforward, thorough software and our complaints are minor. We definitely recommend it.

Cliff