• Pros

• "Ease of use, Easy to train others to use, Great customer service"

• "Excellent Customer Service Easy, well thought out Program to Navigate Great Interactive Demo"

• "I love the ease of use. Everything can be learned by clicking around and getting a feel for the software. "

• Cons

• "I wish we were able to combine accounts ourselves, also add and remove housing, just to save time not having to contact support to do it for us, but overall a great product"

• "At first I didn't like the off site system, but that has turned out to be a plus."

• "The billing can be confusing at times with the different"

Browse Kennel Link Reviews

Chris from The Kennel at Arbor Lane

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent product with out of the box ease of use!

We run our daily operation through KennelLink and have been for 10+ past years.

Pros

KennelLink is so user-friendly. It's intuitive with no learning curve.

Cons

It's not pretty and can appear outdated. However, this is not the case - as the product is maintained frequently and new features are often added. The simplistic look contributes to it's ease of use.

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

KennelLink was by far the most intuitive and easiest to use. Someone with little to no computer experience could pick it up and use it in no time.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on the ease of use of our software. We are glad the current interface is working well, but we are also in the process of developing a more streamlined user interface that will have a more modern appearance. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Stace from South Bark

We Love Kennel Link

We use the software for daycare, boarding and boutique items which may be purchased at the time the dog is boarding. It is so easy to use and easy to train new employees on.

Pros

We used a few other reservation systems before finding kennel link. The software is so easy to learn, the Kennel link team is fast in adding any additional feature we need. Compared to other software packages it is very reasonably priced

Cons

There isn't anything i dislike about Kennel Link

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

An employee who came to work for my facility had used kennel link before and told us of all the benefits.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate hearing that our hard work on the software has paid off. We designed the software so that it would be easy for everyone to learn. We are glad it's working for you! Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Shelley from Hound Lounge

Functional, but lacking

Kennel Link is basic dog daycare software. So if you are running a basic daycare, then this is the software for you

Pros

Overall, it is easy to use. And if you do make a mistake, these are usually easily fixed

Cons

I feel we dont have any customer support. There are weird things happening in our system that we cannot account for.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We were unaware that you were have problems and regret that your experience with our customer support has been negative. We make every effort to offer the best customer service available. We would like to further discuss how we might better your experience. We will reach out to you via email to clear up these concerns. We are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year and would be happy to work with you on any issues you may have. Since you are an international customer, perhaps Skype is an option. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Andrey from Home Away From Home

Pet Boarding Made Easy

I am very happy with Kennel Link. I have used their program for the past 9 years and I couldn't imagine using anyone else. My employees and I use it on a daily basis and my entire business depends on it. Occasionally there were outages and Kennel Link was able to switch us to a back-up server without a glitch.

Pros

Prior to selecting Kennel Link I researched four other companies but found Kennel Link best suited for my company needs. The features that I was sold on: 1. Easy to use and to train my employees. It usually take me about 1 hour to train my new employees on how to use Kennel Link. 2. Web based. I and my wife are able to check the current or past status of what is going on at the kennel from anywhere in the world. 3. Single bill processing. Kennel Link is linked with the credit card processing, therefore I only need to process bill once. This feature avoids double-entry process, where I would have to record a bill and process credit card transaction separately. 4. Superb Customer Service. I called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on weekends, on holidays if necessary and they always were very pleasant and accommodating in resolving any issues that I may have. 5. Functionality. I run a fairly small (up to 50 dogs/cats) boarding/day care business in a single location. The Kennel Link features completely fit all the needs that my business requires.

Cons

It's not a con, but more of a recommendation. It would be nice to have ability to sort/filter or arrange in ascending/descending order some of the reports. Currently I have to copy and paste those reports into Excel to analyze my client spending/location/services/etc.

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

The feature that sold me over was ease of use. Training can take time that I don't have enough of. Kennel Link is intuitive, simple to use and I would recommend them to anyone.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for your detailed review of Kennel Link. We are happy that the software is working so well for you! You can sort most reports by clicking on almost any column header ascending or descending. Hopefully this will help you organize reports in a more efficient manner. As you stated, we have a backup server that enables you to continue using Kennel Link in the event that issues arise with our primary server. This allows us to provide uninterrupted access to the software. We appreciate our long-standing relationship and look forward to working with you in years to come. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Tom from PupTown, LLC

PupTown, LLC likes it...

It has run flawless since inception.

Pros

It was an easy conversion from a past program we had used. It is straight forward and presents things cleanly and professionally. I think I've called to get a few changes made and they were taken on in a positive manner. And, if I needed support I have always had a quick and understandable response. Previously we had a server based system. The cloud is failure free, fast and makes Kennel Link available on my phone too. Being able to go back and edit the account/billing screens is very helpful when a mistake in billing occurs.

Cons

The main page user interface is a little clunky when you first start using the program. It would be nice to be allowed to hide certain selections to further streamline the home page. We do not use special services at all but it always shows up upon check-in. We'd like to make check-in and check-out as fast as possible. We have upwards of 60 dogs coming and going during peak morning and evening times ( 3 hr span each) which makes 1 transaction every 4 minutes.

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

Easy to use, no fluff just straight forward operations, pricing was decent and it isn't really modular so you get what you need plus other options you choose not the supplier.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. I'm glad the system is working well for you and that our customer support team is meeting your expectations! We are currently working on a new customer interface that will hopefully make your experience with our software a better one. It should streamline functionality and give Kennel Link a more modern look. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Lesley from Pampered Paws Limited

Kennel Link is FIVE STAR!

We are a Franchise Firm and Kennellink responds to new site set-ups in hours from the time they are notified that a new location is about to start up. I can't say enough about their Customer Support as being First Class! They know what I need and they deliver in seconds.

Pros

Kennellink is the easiest system to use in the Pet Industry. Pampered Paws has been with them for over 15 years, and we value their product very much and have made us stay on top of technology. Kennellink is very progressive and know what we need; even before we know we need it! Customer Support is very strong and they respond to our needs in record time. Our Corporate Accounting Firm wishes all their clients had a system as easy to work with at year end as we have. I would recommend Kennellink and Kennellink only for the Pet Industry.

Cons

I do not have one complaint about the software! And that is a fact!

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

Their Marketing Team was strong on giving the current information on Web Based data, they laid out the facts, and sold me on their techno knowledge, PLUS they converted our old system into theirs with ease and in lighting speed, so we were not down one minute during the conversion, and that was no easy task as we had been in business for 20 years prior to making the switch. Any firm considering making the switch or coming on board with Kennellink will forever be grateful for having all the business tools they need to communicate with their clients as well as stay informed on a daily basis with their accounting needs. Lesley Weeks, Pampered Paws Limited www.pamperedpaws.com

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for the glowing review! It's always nice to hear that we are exceeding your expectations. We work hard to satisfy our customers and are glad that our efforts are paying off. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Katybeth from Camp Run A Pup

Kennel Link(s) us to out customers

Simple, dependable, strong communication and outstanding customer service. They offer what we need.

Pros

Camp Run A Pup has been using Kennel Link for over 10 years. We have space for about 50 dogs, both boarding and day camp. Kennel link fits are needs because it is simple to use. The customer service is extraordinary. And they keep updating and improving the software.

Cons

I'll admit it isn't the prettiest software out there, and it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but those things aren't important to us. Customer service, improving and growing, and dependability are essential to us.

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

Ease of use and customer service.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. It's a pleasure to hear things are working well for you! We are working on a new customer interface that will hopefully give Kennel Link a more streamlined and "pretty" appearance. We look forward to serving you for years to come. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Katie from Hocking Hills Boarding Kennel LLC

Kennel Link Review

It is a great value for what you get. :)

Pros

What I enjoy most about Kennel Link is the ease of use. Everything is very self explanatory on the website. When I have new employees start working they are up to speed on and have a basic knowledge of what to do within an hour. I love that I can view everything at any time.

Cons

I wish there was a way to block out specific times. Example: I am completely full with a dog LEAVING at 5pm but I have one ARRIVING at 8a. Kennel link will show that there is an available kennel when in fact it is not available til 5p and will let me book the kennel. Then we are overbooked. If there was a way to pop up that we are full until said time or some way to black out times so you know when you have a free kennel that would be amazing. Also, if there would be a mobile friendly site or app, that would be amazing. I use my Samsung for everything and it is very difficult to access Kennellink on that screen for a website.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. We are happy to hear that it is easy to use and meets your needs. Being web-based is one of our key selling points and we are glad that you enjoy this feature. We understand your concerns about overlapping reservations during check-in/check-out times. We will explore updating this process in future versions of Kennel Link. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Chelsea from Camp Canine

Kennel Link for Camp

Kennel Link is a great program that my business uses on a daily basis. It helps us store information, organize our clients, and care for our campers. Whenever we need help with something, they are always there for us with a quick and helpful response.

Pros

Kennel Link helps us organize our clients and information in a helpful and useful way.

Cons

We would like to be able to send information to clients in a way the program does not allow, but to be fair, I have not taken the time to speak to them about this.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. Overall, it sounds like Kennel Link is meeting your needs. That's great! We would, however, love to talk to you about how you can use Kennel Link to contact your customers. Without knowing the specifics, here are some ways you can keep in touch with your customers using Kennel Link. Texting: You can text your customers automatically. Send them a text when they make a reservation, a few days before they arrive, or to remind them of expiring vaccinations. Email: When a reservation is made, an automatic email can be sent. Reservation reminders can be emailed at your discretion. You can also email receipts from a customer's bill. Mass email: We have an email list builder that allows you to send a mass email. You can use criteria like all grooming clients, campers from last week, or customers with upcoming reservations. The possibilities are endless! Please call us and we'll fill you in on the details. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Jay Ann from Country Cottage Pet Resort

Excellent

Excellent - love that everything is backed up securely by Kennellink on their secure servers. Accounting information totals literally take seconds to access for any time period from daily to yearly including past years.

Pros

I really love how responsive the people at Kennel Link are. They answer the phone and/or emails promptly and take care of any requests I have immediately. Very friendly and knowledgeable. The software is very comprehensive and easy to use. The new texting feature is awesome. The kiosk for credit card processing has more than tripled the amount of tips since it is quick and easy for customers to choose a percentage.

Cons

Can't think of any negatives at the moment

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

We appreciate your review of Kennel Link. We are happy that your experience has been positive! It is a pleasure working with you. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Dana from Fuzzy Buddy's

Meets all our needs!

I like the ease of using KL. I have tried out several other products and never found anything that met our needs better. They are constantly updating and upgrading the product also, and I've enjoyed watching the product evolve over the past twelve years.

Pros

I like the simplicity of this software. We do not utilize the more complicated functions because we are only a daycare and do not do boarding. This allows us to schedule 90 dogs per day for daycare, look at past history, and reserve dogs for upcoming days. We've been using this software for about twelve years. Every now and then I look into other products and have never found anything that suited our needs better.

Cons

The dogs each day are categorized by if they are morning, full day or afternoon and I wish they were just alphabetized.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied January 2020

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are glad that it is working so well for you! Regarding the daycare reports, you can alphabetize them by pet name or customer name just by clicking on the column header. Hopefully this will make the report more usable for you. Also, as you grow, we can add more daycare capacity at any time. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Sharon from Pet Bath, USA

Excellence

Anytime I need something a little different, they set it up for me. Always a good result with any problems

Pros

The support is ALWAYS there. Easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

Saw it at a pet expo. The people really took their time explaining the system and the system I had didn't offer anything near what Kennel Link offered

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

We appreciate your review. We understand your initial concerns about our web-based solution but glad you have grown to like it. It makes it easy for you to manage your business from just about anywhere and also, if anything were to happen to your computer, all of your data is safe. Excellent customer support is a very high priority for us so we're happy that you have had good results with ours. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

September 2015

Andrea from Columbia Mountain Kennels

September 2015

A good choice for our business.

Pros: Realistic demo - we appreciated the opportunity to create/edit/book real guests and reservations ourselves with real questions as to how to do it rather than a canned demo run through by an expert. Easy to set up/learn - there aren't a lot of bells and whistles to try to maneuver around, just straightforward information, and when you get lost Cindy is a quick email away with (usually) a very quick answer back. Quick download - we live in a rural area with tortoise-speed internet download. Our previous software (PawLoyalty) had a lot of graphics on each page and would freeze more often than not, just as a client was trying to check in or out. With KennelLink we have not had that problem even once. Sure, it's not as pretty, but who needs pretty when you have chaos lining up to check out? LOTS of reports - enough to even satisfy an accountant-turned-kennel-owner. Information easily accessible - each client and dog has just one page, so we can see everything about that animal in one step. Our previous software had back doors all over the place and different pages and it seemed like we could never find what we were looking for. Cons: Email - we still have not been able to get the email configured and did not get much help with it. That's pretty much the only frustration we have had with the software and customer service. Daycare cards - we would like to not have to use the card system as it just doesn't fit quite right, but we have adapted and it's not a huge deal. Invoices - A new invoice will start only when the balance is zeroed out. It would be nice if a new one would start at the beginning of each month, even if it showed a forwarding balance. Credit card processing - it's just too expensive for our size of business compared with PayPal and a few other services that we can run through our smart phones. We would prefer to go through KennelLink, but not for that price. We do not have experience working with it due to the expense, so can't say how well it works. Overall we are quite happy with our choice of switching to KennelLink. It is a simple, straightforward, thorough software and our complaints are minor. We definitely recommend it.

Cliff from Gearhart Indoor Dog Park

Super Easy Software

Pros

Its so easy to use and customize things how our dog park and daycare need them. Its super straight forward and we have had a great time using it. cant wait to start adding our dogs pictures to it!

Cons

Not much to say for cons. It would be nice if a customers profile had a button to see there card history rather than backing out and going to card history and searching them. Maybe a flag or pop up if we start trying to add a new customer who has the same name, that way we don't fill everything out then find out the client is already there. Last thought was maybe a pop up if a dogs vaccinations are expired. I know it says it in red when you go to make a reservation, but a pop up might make it easier to catch.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that Kennel Link has been so easy to learn. Those are all excellent suggestions. Regarding your request for a flag or pop up when trying to add a customer with the same name, that functionality already exists. You should be getting an error that states "A customer with that first and last name, phone number or email already exists" and you are then given the option to go back or save the duplicate. Please call me if you don't see this message and we will diagnose and fix the problem. Also, we are currently working on a new customer interface which should streamline the functionality of the software. One other thing with our texting feature, you can notify customers ahead of time automatically when their vaccination expiration dates are about to expire. Please let me know if you'd like to try the texting module. Hopefully these improvements will give you a better experience. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Joaquin from Dog E Woggys K9 Playtime

Kennel Link Software

Pros

Kennel Link is web based, so the client database and software can be used while out of the business, or even on my smartphone

Cons

Boarding add-on services are not able to be edited by the end user as the other cards and options are, but the Kennel Link staff are very helpful and prompt in the rare case where we need to make adjustments to these.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. We think that our web based solution is one of our best features because you can access it from anywhere with an internet connection. When we initially designed the software, we wanted to do all of the configuration for you so you didn't have to worry about it. That's why we take care of special services rather than making you do it. We're glad you are pleased with the response time of our customer support team and happy our software is working well for you. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Joe from The Doggie Playhouse

Kennel Link is Awesome

Pros

I love how KL helps me keep all of my information in one place. It is essential to running my buisness and having all the client information I need at my fingertips is a great asset.

Cons

What I like the least is the amount of prompts and screens you must go through to do things within KL. It could benefit from being streamlined.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

We appreciate your review. The goal of our software is to make running your business easier, so we are glad to hear that Kennel Link has worked well for you. We tried to design the software so that anyone could use it regardless of their experience with computers. That way, new employees can learn the ropes faster. That's why we guide you step by step through each process. We are currently working on a new customer interface that will hopefully make things more streamlined. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Maureen from Tahoe Best Friends LLC

Dog Boarding & Daycare

Easy to use for staff. Great customer service.

Pros

Reservation, Database and billing.....all in 1. Fabulously responsive Customer Service

Cons

Would like to be able to store signed customer contract with customer details. Would be nice to enable different credit card processors and pay stations.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are pleased that our customer service is meeting your needs. Scanned customer contracts and vaccination records may be stored electronically using our DropBox module, eliminating the need to keep paper files. Perhaps you would be interested in trying this feature. Our records show that you recently received a new kiosk. If you are having trouble with it, please let us know as soon as possible so we can rectify the situation. We would be happy to help in any way we can. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Krystal from Mutterly Love

Mutterly Love

Easily takes care of our grooming, daycare, training, and boarding needs.

Pros

Ease of use, Easy to train others to use, Great customer service

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

Best price for service excellence

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

We appreciate your review. We are happy to hear that your employees are able to learn the software quickly. Combining accounts is actually a fairly complicated process that involves code within the software itself. That's why we need to take care of it for you. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are glad that Kennel Link works well for you otherwise. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Jessica from Hound housing doggie daycare

Industry: Veterinary

This program is pretty simple to use vs other programs of the same industry.

Pros

It’s very simple to use and can’t be taught very quickly for new employees

Cons

It would’ve helpful to be able to undo a charge or day deduction in the daycare section. For example if you check a dog in a charge them by accident you can’t undo it, you have to delete everything then go and ad me a day back.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. We're happy that your new employees are able to learn the software quickly. We understand your frustration with the inability to undo charging customers for daycare. We will consider that feature in future software updates. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Laurie from Von Aries Kennels Boarding, Grooming & Training LLC

Kennel link has been the best Company to work with always willing to help in a very timely matter.

We get both Boarding and Grooming Schedule which is wonderful the other software on the markets mostly are for Grooming or just Boarding with this system we have the best of both worlds and could not be happier with it. The add bonus is the Staff is always so helpful and able to fix or answer anything you need. With a growing business that is worth tons!

Pros

The software is great for boarding and grooming its easy to use. Believe I did my research and look at almost all the Kennel software on the Market. Monthly fee is reasonable. Other software that you can own is great but the up grade charges on those systems is very costly. Over all this is a 5 Star Company.

Kristi from South Hills Pet Resort

So helpful!

This software has really made a difference in our dog boarding/training business! It is incredibly easy to use and customer service is top notch! I have emailed questions and received answers back extremely quick!

Pros

Everything! It’s so easy to use and it does everything we need it to!

Cons

There honestly isn’t one thing I would take issue with.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

We really appreciate your review. It's nice to hear that the software fits your business perfectly. It is also great that you are very happy with our customer support. We do our best to meet your needs. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Michelle from Zeus' Place

Amazing program

The team at Kennellink make it easy to expand my business and quickly hire/train new employees. Kennellink has grown with me from 1 location to 3 locations, with customized support.

Pros

Easy to train new employees. Easy to understand.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about this program.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your kind words. It's good to hear that our efforts to make the software easy to use and learn are working! We are glad we have been able to support you as your business expands and look forward to helping you as you grow. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Amy from Deb's Doggercise

Dog Boarding, Daycare, and grooming at Deb's Doggercise

Pros

I love how we can integrate online reservations into our website and how we can use it for boarding, daycare, grooming, and all the reports available

Cons

The billing can be confusing at times with the different

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

We appreciate your review. We're happy that our Public Access feature (online boarding reservations) is working well for you. We are sorry that the billing is confusing to you. We'd love to discuss it further with you and answer any questions you may have. 877-789-5465 Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Tommy from PetBandB

Excellent software and support

As a small business owner, kennellink makes it easy to enter information, make reservations and print bills

Pros

ease of use for barely computer illiterate users

Cons

nothing - it is excellent for our purposes

cost and user friendliness

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your glowing review! It's always nice to hear things are going smoothly. We have tried very hard to keep it easy to use so your employees can learn the software quickly. It sounds like we've achieved our goals with you! Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Kelly from Once Upon A Tail

Once Upon A Tail

Pros

I like the groom schedule and the customer profiles

Cons

The daycare check in is confusing and very difficult to use

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for writing a review. We are glad the grooming schedule and customer profiles suit your needs. We are working on a new customer interface that will streamline the daycare check-in process. In the meantime, we would be happy to work with you to answer any questions you may have. Please give us a call at your convenience at 877-789-5465. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Jessica from Heart of Gold's Shelter

Affordable, Versatile, Easy to Use Software

Kennel Link is always understanding and willing to work with any changes we need or any issues that may present themselves. I thoroughly enjoy the company and the software.

Pros

Cons

I do not have anything negative to add at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

Kennel Link is affordable and they get to your request quickly.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your kind review. We have made every effort to create user-friendly software and are glad to hear that it is working well for you. We are so happy that Kennel Link meets your expectations. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Nathan from Magnolia's Bed and Biscuit

We Love Kennel Link

Very easy and employee friendly program that makes checking in and checking out client a breeze.

Pros

We love the new features that keep getting added, and most importantly the texting feature. We love being able to communicate with our clients over text message.

Cons

Wish there was a way for the customers to be able to schedule a room through a client portal and not have to call or text us. (similar to how a hotel does it)

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. We believe that the texting feature will save our customers a lot of time and prevent no-shows. We are glad it is working for you. For online scheduling, we do offer our Public Access module that allows your customers to make boarding reservation requests online. We'd be happy to discuss this further and will contact you via email. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Beth from Cantaloupe Kennels

Industry: Facilities Services

Very Happy User

Pros

Ease of use. Keeps track of all my customers, services and billing. Very good technical support!

Cons

I do wish there were more options for service providers for taking payments.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We are pleased to hear that the software is easy for you to use and that our customer support satisfies your needs. We continually work with our card processor trying to improve our services. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Linda from Uppity Pup

Best Decision I Made When Starting Business

I have been 100% happy with this software.

Pros

I love that I can access the software from anywhere on earth.

Cons

Daycare checkout is a little confusing to new users.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. We're so glad you are happy with Kennel Link! We are currently working on a new customer interface that will hopefully improve your experience with our Daycare module. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Jeanette from Pleasant View Grooming & Pet Vacations

Kennel Link Review

Pros

Program is very user friendly. Gives you lots of options and information to input for my customers

Cons

Nothing. Wished we could use their pos system in Canada.

Reasons for Choosing Kennel Link

It was the most user friendly program I’ve used.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. We tried to make the software easy to learn and use and are glad it is functioning well for you. We are actually working on making it possible for our Canadian customers to use our credit card processor and kiosk system. This will become available in future updates to the software. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

August 2016

Alice from Woof City Pet Villa and Spa

August 2016

Excellent Customer Service - Easy to Navigate

Woof City Pet Villa & Spa has used Kennel Link for 6 years now and have always had a good experience.

Pros

Cons

None really. If a breed isn't there, we call Kennel Link and they add it.

Meg from Barks Bed and Biscuit

Love kennel link

Great

Pros

Easy to use. The layout is good on the screen

Cons

Nothing i don’t like about the software

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. We strive to provide a great product and it sounds like you are very happy with it! We're glad it's working for you. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Jaclyn from The Gnarly Dog

Simple efficient software

It has been a Pleasure using their system, makes my life easier everyday

Pros

Very user friendly and simple to use. I Like The simplicity of the design

Cons

I wish it had a better way of making you aware that clients vaccines are expired

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for reviewing Kennel Link. We're glad that the software is working so well for you. We are offering a new texting feature that can automatically text your clients when their pets' vaccinations are coming due. We'd be happy to discuss this feature with you further. Please give us a call! 877-789-5465 Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Jasmin from Tailwashers

Booking

It worked efficiently, but our new system has quite a lot of advanced features as well as the ability for Customers to create their own profiles, and request reservations which boosted business

Pros

It's easy to book reservations, and it's easy to use.

Cons

Not very many extra features, unless there have been extreme updates since 1 year ago when I used it

Response from Kennel Link

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with our customer support. We strive to have the best customer support in the industry and it sounds like we didn't meet your expectations. We do allow the ability for customers to create an account and make boarding reservations online. Grooming and daycare reservations will be coming soon. We have also recently added our texting feature which sends texts to your customers automatically based upon criteria that you set up. We would be interested in speaking with you further about features you believe would improve our software. Please contact us any time. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Deanna from Kingdom Canine Center

outdated

It is a very out dated system

Pros

I don’t like the way it is set up, Not user friendly at all

Cons

it Is slow and outdated. You have to initial every single step and it takes forever to check in and check out pets, make reservations....

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that the software is not meeting your expectations. We have really tried to make it easy to use, particularly for those with less computer experience. We are currently working on a new user interface that may make it easier for you to navigate and streamline the experience. We have the ability to make initials optional or required at any step of the way, so we would be happy to further discuss this option with you. We will reach out to you via email to resolve this and any other issues you may have. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Toni from Almost Home Dog Daycare and Boarding

August 2015

I have been using Kennel Link since I opened my business in October of 2006.

Kennel Link is a life saver when scheduling boarding visits. It keeps us from making mistakes, which would happen if we relied on everyone that takes a boarding reservation to write that visit down by hand. We take the call, check Kennel Link, make the reservation. Simple as that. I do a lot of rearranging of visitors, so that everyon can have someone to see when they are boarding. Kennel Link makes this easy to do, also. I DO have to lie to it to get it to let me check a dog in and a dog out on the same day. Kennel Link will not let you double book a kennel, so I make the visit one day short and then just make a note of it. The assurance that you haven't double booked a kennel makes up for it though. Customer Support is awesome!! I have only had to call them 2 or 3 times in 9 years and each time my issue has been resolved very quickly and they are happy to help! I haven't even thought about changing from Kennel Link. I am very pleased with how they help my business run smoothly.

Laura from Hattie Larlham

Kennel Link saved the day!

Amazing service! Best software purchase.

Pros

Ease of use! Training new staff is minimal because of ease of use!!

Cons

Can’t separate customer databases by location.

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Your review is very much appreciated. Training new employees can sometimes be a challenge, but we're glad Kennel Link makes it easy. When you have multiple locations, we have the ability to keep customer databases separate or to combine them. We would be happy to discuss different options with you. We will contact you via email. Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Delores from Lil dee tails

Industry: Animation

Lil Dee Tails

Its alot easier to pull up customers name than to go all the way through index cards and customers love the upgrade also.

Pros

I like how easy it is to run this program if I can do it anybody can do this program.

Cons

Theres really not anything I dont like about it

Response from Kennel Link

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Kennel Link. We designed the software specifically so anyone could use it. We're glad it works for you! Wishing you the best, The Kennel Link Team

Bruce from Greyhound Resort

Fantastic Product

KennelLink offers both an outstanding product and customer service. Our kennel is a specialty resort, thus the canned products on the market don't come close to meeting our needs. Brad & Cindy have always been very responsive to our requests for customization to make it work for us. We primarily use the boarding option, but they also offer daycare & grooming options as well. The system is very intuitive and easy to use - and of course as it is web-based, you can access from anywhere in the world. Their servers are extremely reliable - we have been clients for many years and have never experienced an unplanned outage. The system also offers integrated credit card processing that works great We highly recommend KennelLink!

Michael from Chicago Canine Club

Great Software, User Since Aug. 2009

Our dog business has been using Kennel Link for 6 years. The software has been great and handles all of our daycare, boarding, grooming and retail needs. Only our training is a little tricky as it does not have it own section. I love that it is web based and I can check it on any computer, smart phone or tablet, from anywhere. Plus I never have to worry about losing my data if my computer crashes. The system is easy to use and new employees take minimal training. Cindy and Brad are always just a phone call or email away. Have received answers late at night and on weekends. They listen to my business concerns and are always helpful in achieving an answer. I always recommend Kennel Link to other businesses in the industry.

Bonnie from Lucky Dog Pet Service

I have been using Kennel Link since 2003

The previous owner of my kennel was using Kennel Link when I bought the kennel. I kept the program and cannot say enough about it. It is extremely easy to use. I tell my staff not to worry if they make a mistake because it is easy to correct. The program is really user friendly. As for customer service, I cannot say enough. There has never been a time when I was having a problem - especially when I first bought my business - that my e-mail or phone call to Kennel Link wasn't immediately returned and I was told how to fix whatever I was trying to do. As far as I am concerned, its the only kennel program to use. +

Joan from Tail Waggers Playhouse

April 2015

Comprehensive software with excellent customer service

This software has all of the essential elements needed to run and maintain records for my dog daycare and boarding facility. It is easy for new staff to learn. It is also accessible anywhere via the internet. Therefore, I can help my staff even when I am not in the office with billing, etc. As comprehensive as the software is and it's ease of use, the greatest part of this product is the customer service. I always get fast and personal responses. They take care of anything I need usually within the same day, often within hours. I am always amazed at how fast and efficient they are with any request or question. Kennel Link is a great part of making my business run smoothly!

Stephanie from TLD

Great Service

I have used the program for 4 years and it is very easy to get the hang of. Any time I've contacted the company I have received a swift response with instructions on how to do what I'm looking for, or a quick edit to tailor the program to our facility's needs. They are incredible! We are a very small facility, but I am betting this software would continue to work well for a large facility. The only thing we do that it doesn't cover is a training schedule, however they did add a category for us that allows us to sell 'training days' and enter them as day campers. It is a good enough work around for our needs! (And they did it quickly at our request, too!)

Ellyn from Doggie Zen Den

Amazing Software!

Our dog business has been using Kennel Link for 10 years. The software has been great and can handle all aspects of my business. I love that it is web based and I can check it on any computer, smart phone or tablet. Plus I never have to worry about losing my data if my computer crashes. The system is easy to use and it doesn't take much time at all to train new employees in it. Plus there are always helpful updates. The customer service is outstanding as well. Cindy is so knowledgeable and always has great ideas for my business. I always recommend Kennel Link to dog businesses who are researching software.

Robert from Paws 'n Claws Pet Resort, PlayCare and Styling S'paws

April 2015

Kennellink is the best product of it's kind.

Kennellink is very easy to use, no major initial investment, monthly subscription, customizable to individual situations, grows with your business, practically zero down time, prompt and efficient customer service, easy for staff to learn, provides staff accountability, helps with most of my financial reports, keeps track of sales tax, I could go on and on! One of the best features is it's "in the cloud" so I can put in reservations, check schedules or check my numbers from my smart phone anywhere. I have an account for each of my businesses.

Paula from Grandma's Dog Daycare,LLC

Couldn't be happier

This software is very easy to use and has everything I need for my dog daycare and boarding. I first ordered it because of the low cost but now I wouldn't have anything else. The customer service folks are patient with my dumb questions and quick to call me back if they can't talk right that minute. I even had one call me from her car on the way to work! I've used expensive and elaborate custom programs for two other kennels and I can't understand why anybody wants to mess with them when Kennel Link is a slam dunk.

November 2014

Carole from DELROB, LLC All American Dog Training, Grooming, & More

November 2014

We love it....

Brad and Cindy are fantastic at the customization for individual business needs! It's an easy to use system, and easy enough to figure out. Would love it more if they offered some training videos for employees, and/or a training manual, but for the price and customer service, it can't be beat!

Response from Kennel Link

Replied November 2014

Our video library is growing and can be found in our channel on YouTube. See http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzawOLjK8O4uxgFOEomQ-Ew

Lorre from Bark Station

August 2015

Easy to use, fits many different needs, great support system from the Kennl Link Company

Explored many different software companies when opening my kennel 6 years ago. Kennel Link was the perfect fit for my companies various services. The staff at Kennel Link are extremely helpful and quick to respond anytime you have a question or need. It is easy to train new people to use the program. Overall our experience has been top notch and would recommend to any new Kennel that needs a software program.

Laurie from Paw Tenders Pet Care Center

April 2015

It is fast and easy to learn. Customer service responds the same day if not minutes.

I like that when I have made some dumb mistake that they fix it for me rite away so I don't have to worry about it. Also it is lightening fast and no crashes. It didn't take much to learn it. Wish it had a mass check out, a sort link to change the list from arrivals to departure times. A calendar would be nice so that I can look at a glance for the week and month.

Sherry from House With a Heart Senior Pet Sanctuary

April 2015

My experience with Kennel Link has been absolutely wonderful.

We are a non-profit Senior Dog Sanctuary and we do short term care of dogs to earn the money to run the Sanctuary. I have been struggling for years to keep track of everything on an Excel spreadsheet. I was a little leery of getting a program but Kennel Link has been awesome. It has made my life so much easier. The support is beyond excellent!!!