• icon"Excellent and very fast support. Take customer requests and suggestions for improvement seriously."
  • icon"Best of all is the customer support. It is the best of any software I have ever used."
  • icon"The use of vaccination information is an excellent feature and related reports and how this can be integrated into communications with guests."
  • icon"I still have trouble navigating it. I often think I'm adding information in the correct place and then I loose the screen."

All Revelation Pets Reviews

Crystal

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

June 2022

Revelation Pets

Great features, support and development

Automation of bookings saves us a lot of time. Payment processing saves time and helps us report. Professional experience for our customers. Record keeping and security checks. etc. Ensures that pets are all up to date on vaccinations.

Pros

ease of use. Good elegant design both technically and human interface. Good integration. Good software development path with new features being added.

Cons

I'd like the Credit card/Stripe integration to be a bit neater. I find it a little confusing. sometimes it is not obvious if your payment has gone through. Same for refunds. Stripe and Revelation pets can become out of sync if you do a refund on the stripe console for example you have to replicate it in rev pets. When taking payment it is not always obvious that payment has been sucesful so I have to go into the stripe console to check. The payment options in the drop down list could do with refining e.g. credit card, debit card and stripe. I have been caught our and clicked on credit card when I should have selected stripe.

Helen

Revelation Pets Boarding Software

I am so glad I switched from my old provider to this one. I thought my previous provider was good but this has far out weighed the expectations I had at the start - it has a neat, clean and tidy appearance. It is specifically for boarding animals which is brilliant. The team take on board suggestions and try their best to help and sort out any problems.

Pros

The ease at which it can be accessed from ipad, laptop and phone from anywhere with wifi. The ease of creating an invoice and sending it to a customer. The variety of reports that can be created. Individual Pet profile for boarding animals. If there is a problem then the Rev pet staff get back in contact quickly. The use of vaccination information is an excellent feature and related reports and how this can be integrated into communications with guests. The use of electronic payments for things like deposits and appointments. the appearance is clean and slimline and looks very professional. I like that the rev pets team are willing to listen and take onboard improvement suggestions and are continually striving to improve their product

Cons

it is still being improved and just a few little things need to be quickly ironed out such as the available appointment times being specific not just general. a few things can only be updated by the admin once a pet profile has been set up eg adding a vet details

Reasons for choosing Revelation Pets

the free trial helped as I could put into practice and see how it ran - value for money and the initial contact was made a human and the discussions led to its uptake

Reasons for switching to Revelation Pets

beds24 is for hotels that look after humans this one is specific to pets

Kristie

November 2022

Used for years, absolutely no plans to change

Pros

We love how easy it is for clients to book in and to choose the times that suit them. We love that all payments are made through the system as it saves us so much admin time!

Cons

The appointments system - it seems impossible to use for what we want

Reasons for choosing Revelation Pets

Customisable drop off and collection timesPrice

Matt

Used to be good until it was bought out by a big corporate in April 2020

Pros

It is reasonably intuitive to use once familiar with the product. It has a well rounded feature set including customer reminders, various adjustable report settings and integration with third party software.

Cons

For the first 3.5 years of using this software, it has been very reliable, and the developers were very proactive and responsive to suggestions for changes and improvements, and it was not uncommon for the software to be improved upon every couple of months. However since the software was bought up by Gingr in April 2020, there have been no new updates at all, and it has become unreliable and I no longer trust it to give me accurate information. Unless changes are made, I will be looking elsewhere for other alternatives.

Response from Gingr

Hi Matt, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We understand how important feature updates and improvements are to the facilities using Revelation Pets and we intend on continuing to provide this going forward. I would like to provide some background regarding why we saw these updates and improvements slow down. Revelation Pets was acquired by Togetherwork in March of 2020 shortly before the first round of shutdowns took place. Like many businesses in 2020, Gingr & Rev Pets had to adjust our resources and plans to navigate COVID-19. As a result, development of new features for both applications slowed. As we move forward with Rev Pets in 2021, our teams will be completing monthly updates to the application versus the quarterly updates that previously took place. You can stay up on releases via the release notes found directly in the Rev Pets application and we highly encourage users to post and upvote feature requests via the Rev Pets Canny board.

Replied March 2021

Bridgett

November 2022

Thank you for saving my sanity!

My experience has been a positive one.

Pros

I was using a paper pencil appointment book when I first started 5 years ago. My business grew from a few customers a day to 35 plus a day. I could not have functioned at all or kept up with the customer volume without Revelation Pets.

Cons

I only wish the program was more customizable. They are doing a good job changing and updating request but it’s a very slow process. If I could have one improvement it would be to have pop up reminder windows for my staff while using the program. Such as “ask customer if they want a bath”, “did you add the late pick up daycare fee to this PM pick up time”.

Reasons for choosing Revelation Pets

Price and visibly easy in comparison.

Kelly

Easy to use software

Any issues I have had or been unsure how to do something, someone has always been super helpful by email

Pros

Love this software. Integrated with stripe payment makes taking payments and doing refunds super easy.

Cons

Moving booking on the calendar to fit into spaces can be complicated. Would be easier if new booking filled in spaces of empty pens.

Sara

Rev Pets, revolutionary!

When I started my home boarding business I was using a planner and pen! As the business took off I realised I needed something tailored to me and googled kennel software.After some frustrating conversations with other companies I chose Revolution Pets, and I look forward to using it every day!My clients like it as they find it easy to use.From bookings to pet information to financial records to automated email reminders, I love everything about it and recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Integration is so easy, and makes day to day bookings and payments a breeze!

Cons

Nothing, I love it all! The only thing I would change is the ability to personalise it, colours etc.

Reasons for choosing Revelation Pets

Customer Service, ease of use, and the fact I could link it to Xero.

Tim

November 2022

Long term user of a very useful product which makes running our business so much easier !

Occupancy status, easy customer interface, revenue prediction and centralised customer information.

Pros

Easy to set up, enter information, and see occupancy and usage throughout the calendar.

Cons

Duplicate accounts means the system doesn't accept duplicate emails, so you have to go hunting for the reason why.

Sharon

October 2022

Easy and efficient

Pros

Customer can make their own appointments, clear to understand.Improving all the time. Online.

Cons

It would be great to have it intergration with google calendar as i have to run that alongside and it takes up so much of my time.

Reasons for switching to Revelation Pets

Cut down on paperwork

Lisa

October 2022

Good System

I really like the system ... I like the ability to have my customers in one place and the ability to see everything in one place

Pros

I really like the calendar, the pet information section, the pet portal, and the customer interaction availability

Cons

I always have to upload pictures from phone instead of my laptop.... pictures don't post correctly if I do it from my laptop

Anai

Tested Everything in the Market

From migrating into it, to our daily use, we love Revelation Pets and it has been a great experience. We tested 3 other dog hotel software and all failed to tick all the boxes except RP. Try it out, you will not be disappointed.

Pros

This software is robust but with an easy user experience. I found this the hardest feature to find and it was the most important to us. We had previously worked with software that was incredibly robust and useful but training was a nightmare. No one could learn it on a one off. Revelation Pets is intuitive. A new employee can sit with it for 20 minutes and quickly understand the basic functionality. It integrates with Square amongst other payment gateways. It's online booking for clients is also easy and has a nice UI. It has all the features we need without clutter or confusion. Best of all is the customer support. It is the best of any software I have ever used. They are prompt and attentive.

Cons

The cons I can think of are things I cannot do with it yet that are really just specific to my use. Like, I could use the ability to also sell grooming packages or handle recurring monthly services but that doesn't speak to the software as a whole, that's just us.

Reasons for choosing Revelation Pets

Robust but still easy to use.

Lisa

We love the software from Revelation Pets.

Pros

We have a small but rapidly expanding boarding and daycare facility in New Zealand and to have a supported software package that is constantly updated and kept in the cloud is an true asset to our business. Anyone can use the product with ease and you can suggest enhancements which the team at Revelation Pets will develop for release to all without further costs back to their clients. Our customers use the product to make their own bookings which is really beneficial to both our customers and ourselves and the reporting features help us to keep track of our progress from year to year or week to week. Recently I asked fir an enhancement to check off multiple payments in one action and this was acknowledged quickly, developed and presented back to me with a very short time frame. Pretty exciting really when you are the client and you ask for something that then gets delivered free to you all within a couple of weeks! A further bonus is if you have a question you always get a reply from the team in a really timely manner. We fully recommend Revelation Pets to anyone, anywhere in the world that would like to grow or enhance their business and make it simple for their own customers and your staff. Simple to use, packed with features, regular upgrades that are free, one set price, and a product that teams up with other products such as mail chimp to make your services even better. Great stuff Revelation Pets!

Nicholas

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Woodrock Animal Rescue review

Exceptional support and improvements since we started. We still have a problem with the accounting side regarding invoicing (accrual basis versus payments basis and payments in advance). In terms of generally accepted acoounting principles we have to account on an accrual basis and payments received in advance are to be treated as a liability and not income. We also have trouble reporting on invoicing for a specific period (invoicing for that period of bookings) as opposed to the booking report. Also the booking report does not give totals and exporting to excel does not allow us to autosum due to our different currency.

Pros

simplicity and clarity

Cons

accounting side is not on par with the rest of the software

Richard

July 2016

The leader of the pack!

I cannot rave enough about this software and the company behind it. We have a 60 room cattery in Tasmania, Australia and we made the move from a paper based system to Revelation Pets after months of reviewing all of the software available. To us, Revelation Pets were head and shoulders above the competition because of the features and the ability to give it a really good test run of all of those features before we committed was great. Everything we threw at it it was able to cope with and the customisation features give customers a sense that they are dealing with you and not a generic piece of software when making an online booking or receiving a confirmation email. It's obviously been designed with plenty of input from people in our industry and looks good so my team WANT to use it. Revelation Pets has not only made our business more professional, but has increased our productivity. We have fewer phone calls to answer - not only for bookings but also for information that is now emailed to the customer after they book. I love that I can take bookings or view information on anything with a browser including my phone and it looks great and is easy to use on that too. To back up their great product, the customer support is awesome. These guys really listen to what their customers want and act quickly. I have made several suggestions for changes I'd like to see and usually within 24 hours (usually less) I have a response and then shortly after that a notification that the change has been made complete with instructions.

Pros

Feature rich Great UI Customisable Web based - always up to date software and available on any device with a browser Scales well to work on mobile phone browsers No lock in contract Amazing customer support

Cons

It would be a minor concern if we lost power or internet access at the cattery, but then we have our mobile phones as a back up :-)

LINDA

LOVE REVELATION PETS!!!! ONE VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!

Over the years I have looked at a number of booking systems for my Doggie Day Care / Boarding / Training facility. Several years ago I came across Revelation Pets and tried it out. It offered several things I liked but I had my own way of doing things and was looking for a system that could meet some very specific needs such as a visual calendar that was easy to use to enable us to view our bookings 'at a glance'. With the last couple of upgrades and the upcoming new enhancements, Revelation Pets has more than met our expectations!!! It was easy to train my staff how to use and each day we discover new ways to use even more features. Even better, their customer service is wonderful!!! Kate and the team have been there for us regardless of how crazy our needs seem to be. Their focus and direction are spot on and we look forward to all the new features coming next month.

Pros

Easy to use - Easy to train staff - Well thought out - Gets better and better.

Cons

The ONLY thing I would wish for at this point is the ability to insert/add a run where I need it to go based on how my kennel is arranged. At this point my only option is to add it at the end of the list which makes it less effective when viewing availability by size or location.

Dewald