• Pros

• "I like the ease of it for what we are using it for, which is a clock in/out for our staff in multiple locations. Easy to install and manage, also great support. "

• "The best thing is that you can use it on your mobile phone using Android. Easy to operate and ideal to protect your documents and desk"

• "ability to link to website, and keep our visitors from leaving that website. also the rotating images to help prevent the possibility of image burn on the tablet"

• Cons

• "I do not have any complaints I think it is an easy economic and efficient system. The best to take care of your desktop information "

• "I didn't have any cons using this software, it did exactly what I needed."

• "The only down side to this product is the cost. There may be cases where this product is overkill and there could be other ways to come up with a free solution."

Browse Kioware Kiosk Sytem Reviews

Richard from Clack Corporation

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Needed a fast, easy-to-use solution for our employee timeclock system

I was tasked with getting some tablets ready to act as the time clock kiosks for the new payroll system we were implementing. After some web searching the name KioWare kept popping up so I checked it out. The software was easy to set up, easy to manage, and has worked flawlessly. Needless to say payroll and HR were very pleased as the launch of our new system went very smoothly. I'll definitely come to KioWare again in the future if I get put on a project that requires a kiosk.

Pros

The configuration options were extremely intuitive. I didn't have to look up very much in the documentation in order to get a prototype up and running within 30 minutes. Copying configuration files across multiple devices was a snap once I had everything set up the way I wanted it, and licensing them was extremely reasonable price-wise. I've had virtually no issues from the software in nearly 6 months. The security audit feature was a nice touch, and really helped me out! I almost locked myself out of my device permanently if not for that!

Cons

I think the only thing that was a bit disappointing would be a lack of mixed-mode attract screens. It'd be nice to be able to pull up either web pages, videos, or images. But to do that you'd need to be able to set up some kind of attract screen custom list, and then the software could cycle through that custom list as opposed to just cycling through local files. Very small gripe, though.

KioWare Kiosks on our Retail Sales Floors

The support team is off-the-charts awesome. I configured and installed our three kiosks (and two users) myself. It was not easy, and complicated by the online manual. I needed to interact with their support folks about six times. In every instance, my call was handled promptly, and I got the answers I needed quickly. They were able to login to my screen when needed and see exactly what was whacked. Absolutely top notch tech support.

Pros

The functionality. It is far more useful than we expected. The KIOCALL function, in particular. has assisted our store staff to interact with other stores to help customers who are right there with them.

Cons

The setup and configuration. The online manual is tough to negotiate. Posting photos for merchandising through the "Attract Screen" process was one of our prime objectives. It works... but I wish it was easier and quicker to do.

Response from Kioware

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We are working on improving the online manual (our user guides). Email support@kioware.com with any specifics about what you find most in need of improvement or ideas for simplifying the setup experience.

Peter from Media Production

Reliable and effective. Good support.

Pros

Makes an Android device into a decent kiosk - what more could you ask for? Pin access is good, and it seems to work well across different types of device. Support was forthcoming and helpful, even by phone if needed.

Cons

Some features are not immediately obvious.

Nazar from Exclusive Wireless

Where do i start

Pros

I like that it is seamless after install.

Cons

Where do i start, crashes all the time, super expensive.

Response from Kioware

Replied February 2019

Nazar, Thank you for your feedback. We are wondering if you have specific issues we can work to address via our top notch technical support team? We offer online chat support, phone support, and email support, which we have no record of you utilizing. We would love to help you resolve your issues given the opportunity. As for cost, our licenses are perpetual (one-time license fee) and extremely reasonably priced for the extensive features available. Best wishes with your future kiosks, The KioWare Team

Tim from The Mariners Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Useful for exhibits or displays

This product has solved the problem of allowing the public access to a computer terminal with out the fear that someone could change settings to the computer or navigate to harmful sites.

Pros

This software is great for museums that want to use a computer to power an exhibit but don't want guests to be able to access other functions of the computer. The set up is straightforward and can be as detailed as you want. It is also a great tool to control what websites can be visited on a public computer. For example one can set a home page of a website but restrict access to other links on the page.

Cons

Response from Kioware

Replied April 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Brian from University of Delaware

KioWare Kiosk Samsung Galaxy View Tablet

Pros

Cons

harder to have the application allow singular use of a file in a program. such as looking at a powerpoint slideshow but not being able to back out and use powerpoint it self.

Edward from URway Holdings

Industry: Computer Hardware

Hardware Partner Gives Thumbs UP!!

I have been using the KioWare product suite for well over 14 years and typically include their standard products as part of my quotes, recommended KioWare products and use KioWare server to manage and monitor our joint client deployments.

Burak from Play by Play Performance & Consulting

Great Product, support and bang for the buck

We use this for multiple kiosk check ins, easy setup and great support.

Pros

Cons

I cant say anything negative. Anytime I had an issue a quick phone call had easy support

"great software"

Pros

It is a great software for this price. it helped implement HR solutions highly convenient. I recommended it at our workplace and the features it support are large. also, its setup was very user-friendly.

Cons

I found no flaws, highly recommend it to all.

Mustafa from Custom Communications

Industry: Wireless

Best system

Everything

Pros

Love how easy it is to use on a daily basis and how you can view everything on a Android phone or tablet .

Cons

Wish it was available on iOS , not everyone uses Android but other than that I would totally recommend it

Kiosk made simple

We use it for sign-in when guests visit our office. It presents a web form and does not allow access to any other sites, so by using our web form patrons are signed in easily with little to no intervention from us. We also use the "attract screen" feature to send an uninterruptible slideshow to a nearby monitor on the wall sharing news about our office.

Pros

Kioware offered the features I absolutely needed in kiosk software at a price that made it hard to say no. In addition to the basics I knew I was looking for it offered some advanced features and the configurability that we were also able to use it to solve the need for a rotating slideshow in our lobby and manage the assets over our network to easily swap out slides.

Cons

The setup was a bit confusing at times, mostly using terms/phrases that I wasn't familiar with (being new to kiosks in general didn't help). But after some trial and error we got it up and running in a few hours.

Response from Kioware

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! If you have suggestions for how to improve the language used to describe particular settings, we would love to hear it! Email support@kioware.com with details, if you are so inclined. Thank you.

Jo from Marquette Regional History Center

Disappointed with this system

We have several kiosks in our museum running kioware for visitors to use. The hardware is definitely a problem. I'm not sure how much the problems come from our developers or the software.

Pros

Overall functions in our museum setting.

Cons

There are videos which often doesn't play.

Response from Kioware

Replied October 2018

We would love to help you determine which issues are software related! Please contact support@kioware.com with the issues you are seeing and, perhaps, send over your configuration file for us to review? Sometimes hardware can cause an issue, and if you send over the specs of the hardware, we can provide you with our thoughts on the weakest part of the system. Thank you for your feedback!

Great for a lockdown browser with enough extra features to create a full kiosk.

I used the PC software for a touch screen information kiosk based from our website. I used the android version to lockdown a tablet browser based time clock punch in solution. Both were effective, andriod did crash more than I would like.

Pros

Ease of setup on android. Pc was a little more complicated but more reliable.

Cons

Doesn't auto launch in windows 10 unless you create a scheduled task.

KioWare for Kiosk-Mode across multiple users.

The goal of the project we were working on was to set up a series of tablets in a locked kiosk mode, in which the users could log in and out of them on a website with no cached or saved data between sessions, which this software did perfectly. Setting up the basic settings was straightforward, but trying to remotely deploy the software had a series of small hiccups, but it was all a series of settings we were overlooking on our part to do so.

Pros

The software, once set up, was very thorough and detailed for our purposes. It allowed for us to remotely monitor and update the devices as necessary, and only required us to physically secure our devices afterwards.

Cons

When trying to configure the kiosks to remotely deploy changes as needed, we ran into minor issues which weren't thoroughly documented, but was resolved with a few exchanges with the KioWare support team.

jose from Vepica C.A

The best in desk lock system

The best to take care of your desktop information

Cons

Response from Kioware

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have suggestions or particular feature requests.

Charles from Caoital OTB

KioWare Review

My overall experience is this is top shelf software, it did exactly what I needed.

Pros

Easy to setup and configure, Customer Support is top notch!

Cons

I didn't have any cons using this software, it did exactly what I needed.

Chris from Vision Wheel

Kioware

Pros

Ease of use and ability to add videos and slides to sleep mode

Cons

Great software so I have nothing negative to say