All Canva Reviews

Canva Review

Vitor

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

I moved to Canva and I regreted it initially, but then...

Took me a while to get used to how Canva works, but once I did, my workflow improved quite drastically in the sense that I was able to get things done a lot quicker.I still find myself having to use other tools like Photoshop and Figma for more advanced work, but Canva is the best tool out there for their target market.

PROS

Canva is a great tool, very flexible, easy to use, and full of assets and features that will make your life as easy as it can be.- The asset library is great, you can usually find what you are looking for- It is easy to find yourself inside the tool- Organization is key if you have too many projects and files, Canva helps you with that beautifully- You can usually find templates for what you are trying to do, so it is easy to get inspired and have a starting point for any design you are creating- Support is great, they reply quickly and help you with anything you need

CONS

The tool feels a bit limiting if you are coming from an Advanced tool like Photoshop or Figma, but the feeling I have is that even if you need Photoshop or Figma for more advanced work, you can still use Canva for simple tasks as it saves A LOT of time compared to these other tools.- Limiting when it comes to pixel-perfect designs- Most graphics in the asset library do not have professional quality, you have to spend some time searching for something that is usable- Lacking when it comes to customization of mock-ups, you can pick a mock-up, and drop your image in it, but if it doesn't look exactly as you need, well you can't do anything.

Reasons for switching to Canva

I needed something that would allow me to create files and mock-ups very quickly, it was too time consuming to do those things in Photoshop and Figma, as you usually have to spend hours organizing, configuring, building your designs.

ivan

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

a simplified interface that's not too expensive

I am personally satisfied with this program

PROS

the interface is very simple, with models that you can just modify

CONS

I think we can revise the prices to allow the poorest to benefit from the offer.

Reasons for switching to Canva

this software was too complex and took me too long to retouch.

Stephen

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2019

Canva is Great for Social Media

It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

PROS

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

CONS

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Bhavesh

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Canva is better than most of the softwares, but it can be the best!

overall expeience with canva is good becuase i have made my college and some personal social media stuff through it. It just need to improve in the above cons which i have mentioned.

PROS

Canva provides the great user interface, extensive templates and many more features which makes it easier for user to interact with the tools it provides easily.

CONS

The fews discomfort on using canva which i feel terrible when i use it. The canva team must need to add more ai implementations in canva software like image generation, video generation and also text generation. sometimes the user may not want th eprovided templates on the software instead of that they want to create their own templates using ai and the further editing using canva tools. So that is the main thing i think canva team needs to focus on.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Because adobe photoshop had some limitaitons regarding the templates, design and the generative kind of things which canva is fulfilling in a great manner.

Tanish

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Perfect app for Graphic designers

Overall, my experience with Canva has been very positive. It’s a versatile tool that makes the design process much easier, whether I'm creating social media posts, presentations, or marketing materials. The combination of ease of use and powerful features makes it a valuable resource for both school projects and personal use.

PROS

What I like most about Canva is how easy it is to use and how many design templates it offers. Even if you’re not a professional, you can still create really cool and professional-looking designs quickly. The customizable branding options are great for keeping everything consistent.

CONS

The biggest downside of Canva is that the free version has some limitations. You can’t access all the premium templates and design elements unless you pay, which can be frustrating if you need more advanced features.

Yulonda

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Canva Educator

I still have yet to experience all of the features of Canva. So far, I’m enjoying it. I plan to keep being a user of Canva

PROS

Tons of templates to design any type of presentation , flyer, business card The pro educator account is free

CONS

There is nothing that I like least about Canva.

Reasons for switching to Canva

This provided me to opportunity to provide more variation to the content I’m creating, such as animated text or images.

Best platform for Graphic Design

PROS

I just love Canva. I use it on daily basis. It is very easy to you. You can customize any template very very easily and also create designs from scratch. The templates saves a lot of time and it is a game changer. The "Brand" feature (comes with paid version) is very handy. With just one click, you can apply your brand colors to any template. It saves a lot of time.

CONS

There is nothing that I don't like about Canva so far. It's the best platform for Graphic Design and it is beginner friendly.

Reviewed March 2024

The versatility of Canva

PROS

Canva has everything you need, whether it's a template for your Instagram story, an aesthetic PowerPoint for your presentation, or a resume to help you land a new job. Canva can provide it all for you

CONS

What I like least about Canva is that you can only use it when you're connected to Wi-Fi, and there is no option to download your projects for offline access.

Riya

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Canva as a designer for non profit organisation

I love this product. All hearts !!! For someone who can't devote time and effort to the Adobe creative apps and Photoshop, Canva is a blessing

PROS

1. The ease of use - anyone can use it without any professional background, you just need a creative mind. 2. As an NPO, we got the PRO version by applying and it has changed our social media game.

CONS

Sometimes, searching for specific elements can be a task. Also, the frames/grids can be more user-friendly..

Gcebile

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

What an mpressive design product

Canva offers an impressive range of graphic design tools accessible on the web, Android, and iOS platforms. It enables users to design various products, such as newsletters and social media posts, catering especially to beginners with its user-friendly interface.

PROS

Product is user friendly with a variety of beautful templates

CONS

Product sometimes has minor glitches, freezes when images loaded are heavy

Reviewed April 2024

Canva for website and design ideas

I've been using Canva to design websites ideas, logos, ideas for templates inside my projects and I've never experienced any issues at all.

PROS

It's user-friendly, easily deploy ideas, great templates, the pro version provides amazing extra features.

CONS

When adding elements sometimes it freezes and takes a couple of seconds to be displayed in the design.

Shreyash

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Honest review about canva

PROS

It has capabilities like comments and real-time collaboration. You may use a web browser, mobile apps, or a smooth workflow integration to access Canva.Canva Pro is a subscription-based service that comes with more features from Canva.

CONS

There is nothing to dislike about canva.

Reviewed April 2024

Canva, all-in-one free app for your projects

It's a great app, easy to use, has excellent features that adds value to the project.

PROS

As it is a complete free application, it delivers quality service for the projects carried out by it

CONS

It still has a lot of features that could be released for free

Kendra

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great for small business & personal application!

Great program to use! Can access anywhere and transfer designs easily to any platform for use or print. Premium version is definitely recommended and affordable for any company or individual looking for a program that offers a variety of use. Company seems to continually improve product and services with new options, images, and designs. Highly recommend!

PROS

Multiple features and functions. Can create a variety of print and digital media from Facebook posts to printed flyers and postcards. Large selection of details, photos, and fonts to use... in both Free & Premium versions. Easy to use with your own images and templates, easy to customize and use again. Transfers easily from online platform to computer to print shops. Great to use for personal fun, but also a great product for small businesses! Not a bad price either!

CONS

There are some user interfaces and functions that could be improved upon. Hard to find ways to adjust small details while in the design; cannot adjust individual colors within stickers or fonts, hard to resize the design template unless selected previously, and difficult to manipulate sizes for photos and backgrounds. There are lots of options in the Free version, but for most items you will need the Premium version to get more. Do not be fooled... this is not a replacement for more advanced software programs such as Photoshop or InDesign, but works beyond limited/basic needs for print and digital media.

Reason for choosing Canva

More affordable. Did not need the extensive options/capabilities provided by InDesign and Photoshop. Was looking for a product that took us beyond the basic PAINT options.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Fotor did not offer as many stickers, fonts, design templates, etc. Also, seems to be based out of the U.S. so some items were not available or was difficult to discern due to language differences.

Noura

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Canva is the perfect design solution for small businesses

I really enjoy Canva and so do my clients. I use it daily for my graphics.

PROS

If you're just starting out and can't afford to hire a designer and don't have the time for more complex design software, Canva is an excellent solution. It's easy to use and has a wide range of templates. I have designed my own graphic templates on Canva and used them as lead magnets to grow my email list. I really enjoy the paid version and the features. They make managing multiple clients really easy. I have folders, fonts, and logos stored neatly in it so it makes the design process quicker. Another reason why I enjoy the paid version is because it allows you to access more stock pictures and elements. I do use Photoshop to design some of my graphics, but I find myself using Canva a lot more frequently just because it's so easy.

CONS

A lot of my clients complain about having to scroll through mixed content on the free version. It would be nice if they could just filter by free content and paid content. Because I share templates with my email list it would also be nice to allow them to copy my design without giving them editing permissions. I find myself going in daily to fix my designs because there's always someone who ignores the first document page with instructions on copying the graphic before editing.

Reason for choosing Canva

I do use some of the alternatives, but I use Canva a lot more frequently. (multiple times a day) It's easy, affordable, and you can make stunning graphics.

Rachel

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Review for Canva

Canva is an online design tool. Its biggest advantage is that it allows us to make simply and attractive resume, poster, cover of public account, business card, product logo and even flyers, and all of them are for free! I can design very good works just like a professional designer even without professional education, and I could earn extra money when I get freelancing design the job just using Canva

PROS

Canva allows you to make great images without being a graphic design expert. I have now used it many times to handle simple things, such as organizing cute Instagram pictures to more complex designs for our new marketing materials. If I sound enthusiastic, it is because of me.

CONS

Event allocation is handled by canvas, but events of replaced content need to be handled by themselves. Relying on expectations, high fidelity cannot be achieved, and performance decreases when canvas is long. And Canva only edit some details in the design, such as movement and auxiliary lines. Sometimes the platform loses the speed.

Reason for choosing Canva

Canva is probably my favorite method. Since I use 90% of online graphics software for online marketing, it makes it easy to implement. It is so fast and so versatile that I won't miss the other features of more complete design applications such as other product. The user interface is super simple and easy to figure out. Canva aims to improve speed and efficiency, it has additional advantages, which can be arranged on social media sites or integrated with Buffer from within the application.

Liezl

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Best product in years!

FABULOUS! Love it! From day one, could hug it. Its easy to sign up, easy to use, easy to store and easy to access my business logos, colours etc. it has remarkable features, options, and works quickly - no big time lags. Canva has saved me years of time and frustration. It honestly is the best thing since sliced bread. My favourite and top rated software application - for everyone! The options to make simple animated or short videos without costing an arm and a leg has been the star power cherry on top!

PROS

Canva is my new best friend!! Its the most useful, designer friendly, user friendly, time saving product I've used in years! It offers phenomenal features that are easy to use. I often choose to use Canva over my high-end photo editing and design software that is 8x the cost! I use it almost daily for social posts, web design pictures, logos, documents, posters and sale notices. I spent years learning how to use high end design software, and can spend hours getting something right. On Canva I can get the job done in half an hour and get on with my life! Its WONDERFUL! The sizing guidelines have saved me 10 000 grey hairs (I've spent the last few years trying to keep up with social media changes and recommended sizing that hardly ever displays correctky and ruins the work done). The resizing options allows me to perfect designs for multiple outlets - quickly! I cannot recommend Canva highly enough. Aside from my Accounting software - this product tops my list and will be the very last item to go in a costs cutting endeavour. It saves me oodles and oodles of time to get designs done - well, and get on with my business. The new invite a team mate option is going to be useful!

CONS

The background remover sometimes fails or stalls -totally understandable with so much going on that needs to happen - but it is a little frustrating. Also, the new background brush (to put back or refine the removing background edit) is a wonderful option - but isn't as easy to access if you want to go back. You get one chance and that's it. Again, totally understandable, its probably beta - and very cool. So grateful all the same as you work on it. Sometimes the elements colours cant be changed. E.g. a yellow star sprinkle can't be made purple to match a palette. A filter can be applied but thats about it. I've discovered that the access to photo search is MUCH better from within the design creation field. If you search pendulum on the platform you get maybe 5 photos. If you search for photos from within the design process there are are hundreds! Its much easier to search on the big screen than in a dropdown - so if you could make the design algorithms available on the photos search page it would rock!

Reason for choosing Canva

Although the quality is comparable, and Adobe has more features, the sheer time saving from A-Z with a good quality product output has changed my life. Instead of spending hours designing a facebook poster, then editing it because its the wrong size, and having to stretch my design and video skills to turn it into an animated video ... I can do a professional version in 30 mins. In a world where you're supposed to post on social media daily - there is no comparison, Canva wins!

Reasons for switching to Canva

Good options, lovely pictures, and saved a ton of time! The sizing guidelines are immeasurably helpful and also an immense time save (I as constantly editing). Gets the daily stuff done, quickly - so I can get on with other things. Professional product output is great!

Dipannita