All CaseFox Reviews

Reviewed July 2020

Way better than the ones I have used

PROS

I practice intellectual property and love all of the customization that Casefox provides. I have used leading industry products and used to get frustrated with how few features relate to IP. Casefox offers the ability to customize the invoices, billing codes, the case information and offers great bang for buck. Once I figured out how the invoices can be set up so that payments are reflected on my trust and operating account, bookkeeping got even better.

CONS

While Casefox does offer the option of selecting a more modern looking interface, the look of the default interface which seemed somewhat messy and old has grown on me over time.

Pricing and customization capabilities

Lack of customization

Dustin

Good Software for Solos

This keeps us much more organized, and being able to access it from pretty much any computer is great. I have not tried this with a phone. While customer support may be overseas, it has ALWAYS been prompt and gotten the issue resolved. They even upon request, at no charge, created an ability for me to get my time sheets auto-uploaded into a State appointed case log required to get paid, which saves us from manually typing entries.

PROS

Before using this software, we were manually typing billing entries and billing took two days on average. This software is not perfect and not for everyone, but we practice mostly family law and criminal defense and it has been excellent at the basics. I use the old format - I saw the new and instantly switched back, so I cannot write as to new features. I was given this product's name from another attorney - for the price point I think it is hard to beat. If you want an automator, etc. you may want to look elsewhere.

CONS

There seems to be some issues with Safari browser as to the timekeeper itself. I use mostly PCs, so this is rarely an issue, but it seemed to stop tracking if the computer would go to sleep (ex: while on a call).

Reason for choosing CaseFox

I tried the trial for free and decided it worked FAR better than our old system, which was really Quickbooks mixed with typed timesheets, etc. There are lots of other options of course, and some may work better for others or even me, but frankly I cannot think of a good reason to switch as we sit due to having such a good customer service response in the past. It is not perfect, but it works for us.

Kris

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

fine until you need support

fine but didn't need anything from a human until recently and now I'm here writing this response!

PROS

easy to use/learn but don't expect any customer service (or any that isn't reason enough to cancel the service)..!

CONS

customer service; no one available to answer a phone call ever; emailed questions about errors in the program go ignored; if you are lucky to get a response, it will be so inciting, you'll be eager to complete a review like this to let the world know how horrible a company Casefox (and its support) is..!

Hi Kris, We are so sorry. We're normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don't meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for posting this review and we're sorry to hear that your experience was not up to standards. We would like the opportunity to talk and investigate your feedback further.

Jill

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2017

Awesome software for home businesses

I have been using Casefox for approximately 3 years now. I have had no major issues with the software that wasn't fixable by Casefox immediately. The price is more than reasonable for all the flexibility you get in this software. It tracks everything. I also love the capabilities of making the invoices my own and tracking my own file numbers plus entering all trust funds right into Casefox. It helps me with my daily run of my business in the legal field and I highly recommend this software to any small business. The best part is going on vacation and having the ability to login from any wifi free establishment with ease. Thank you Casefox for making my business run smoothly. Your Customer Support is awesome and very kind. They have always been able to help me and it's not because your software has malfunctioned; if I have a question on how to do something within Casefox and do not understand the help tutorial; you are there to assist. I appreciate that!

PROS

The functionality of the software and I can access it anywhere at any time with a wifi connection. I am also able to format the things that I need; file numbers, backdating, and especially being able to track with my calendar is great.

CONS

I wish you could upload all of my emails and documents to casefox to keep all files together; I have to have a separate drive for that (Google Drive), it isn't making me leave the software but it would be helpful if your software could have downloadable capabilities of all file types; pdf especially. I would like to able to open the client's file and all the documentation that is associated with that client. I would also like the capability to streamline the Invoice fields to the names of what I know. For example Government #: we don't have a government number except for hst/gst and that has to be at the end of the invoice anyway. But I would love to change the field to Court Location.

Margaret

Reviewed May 2021

Better than the rest, at a fraction of the cost!

PROS

Everything! Billing and Invoicing is a breeze. Software runs so many different types of reports and exports to Excel, love this! Oh, and they have two separate UI (user interfaces) - the classic and the modern. Their Modern interface is better than most of their competitors, too. I still love the classic though. I have done free trials (multiple times) of MyCase, Bill4Time, Practice Panther, Clio, you name it, but CaseFox is truly the best. You cannot get me to switch.

CONS

As with all the legal billing software out there, I wish CaseFox also had a full-charge accounting suite built in. Like a fully built in Quickbooks. While there is of course an integration for QB and Xero, I'd prefer one software/platform. Other than that, Keep up the great work :)

Hi Margaret, Thank you for considering us in the lot of many others out there. Your 5 star review really helps us grow. We really value your feedback!

Donn

Reviewed May 2021

Law Firm review

PROS

We like the ease of use for all employees, each having their own log-in access and ability to run personal reports. We also like that it is internet based with information being stored safely off-site. That also allows for use and access outside of the office, whether working at home or traveling.

CONS

The only issue we have encountered is the ability to set different types of billing for different clients. For example, some plaintiff clients may have deposited a retainer and we need to track that trust account balance and show those balances on invoices. Others are defense clients who are strictly billed by the hour. The Settings for invoicing appears to be an overall setting, and not able to be customized differently for individual clients.

Reasons for switching to CaseFox

Ease of use and internet access when working outside the office.

Dear Donn, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We'll definitely use your feedback to make some important changes!

Sonja

Reviewed June 2021

Irreplaceable Product!

I would not trade CaseFox for any other product. It has all the features that a small law practice such as mine need to be efficient and to maintain proper records on clients and trust funds.

PROS

I love the financing and case load tracking and recording aspect of this software the most. This enhances my efficiency in invoicing and gives a bird eye view of all that is happening in my practice from an accounting perspective. Client's details help also to allow for speed in contacting a client without the need to locate a physical case file.

CONS

Automatic case numbering. The software attaches a number automatically to each case/project created but oftentimes there is duplication in the numbering system. I have to manually check each number to avoid duplication and apply a new number manually.

Hello Sonja, Shared experiences like yours about CaseFox, really matter a lot. We hope to continue in helping you with your hectic billing and automated law practice! Thank you!

shakeel

product review

We are very happy with the product

PROS

We have used software far more expensive for case management, which did not have the ease of use and functionality of Casefox. The support is excellent when we have had a problem

CONS

The improvement I would like to see are more tutorials on youtube in regards to the advance features of the software

Reason for choosing CaseFox

The functionality and price. Good value.

Reasons for switching to CaseFox

We found Clio to be very expensive per user

Reviewed September 2018

Excellent billing software

overall casefox is very good and easy to use billing software.we can try it in free plan.

PROS

casefox is easy to use and good billing software.we not need to install and setup casefox software on our system because its maintain on cloud so we and client and access casefox software on any platform.casefox can manage all client billing rates ,document, and phone calls.casefox integrate with some famous tools like google drive, dropbox , office 365 and paypal.

CONS

sometimes its difficult to transfer billing entry from one case to another.casefox user interface design can be more beatiful.

Muhammad

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2018

Most comprehensive software for legal practitioners and law firms to manage their business

Its a comprehansive crm amd billing software for Law firms

PROS

Great tools for time keeping and invoicing. Batch invoicing is a great time saving feature to manage invoices in a short time. Multiple online payment options for getting payments from clients Google calendar syn and other software like outlook and ical are value added feature

CONS

Interface is bit complex and difficult to understand. Its difficult to search for any features unless you go through the documentation and explore every feature of software

Thank you for your review. We are going to launch a new interface soon.

Replied July 2018

Joe

Reviewed February 2018

We have used CaseFox for over 3 years. It improved greatly in that time. Easy to use.

Easy way to keep track of time and bill our clients.

PROS

Easy to use. Easy to set up. Customer support very responsive. If something does not work the way we want it to, we contact them, and they make it happen.

CONS

Does not automatically generate reminder bills in matters with no recent activity. The available reports do not provide all of the information I want it and I do not have the skill to customize the reports.

Nathan

Reviewed July 2016

Excellent service at a great price!

When I first started out as a solo practitioner, CaseFox was a huge help in quickly and easily tracking my time, billing my clients and managing my accounts.

PROS

The time tracking & billing features are seamless and very intuitive to use.

CONS

It would be nice if the ledger "learned" what certain recurring payments I input are, so that they are categorized properly in the future.

Kimberly

Law Practice, 1 employee

CaseFox

PROS

It is easy to use. I like all the features from setting up a client/matter, timekeeping, invoices, ledger, historical billings.

CONS

I can't think of any issues I have with the software.

Jim

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2016

A great way to make money

We have a small tax consulting firm. I had been tracking chargeable time on a spreadsheet, and summarizing on the monthly invoices. This software has made thousands of dollars for us in capturing consultant time.

PROS

It tracks time and charges perfectly.

Molly

Reviewed April 2022

Just a review

PROS

There were many features and it had a very seamless way of managing client intake

CONS

Access to the client portal that was somewhat a challenge

Hi Molly, Thank you for your valuable feedback, we really appreciate you taking out some time from your schedule to write good about us. Regards, CaseFox

Replied May 2022

Juan

Reviewed June 2016

Multiple Practice Professional Review

So far I like the fact that this product can be used across multiple industries. I would honestly say that it's a software that I can highly see in the future having multiple lawyers use it.

PROS

That it has an Apple and Android compability software.

CONS

That I'm unable to use it as Quickbooks to see how much income is left after working on a particular case.

Stephen

Reviewed June 2017

This is a great timekeeping software that is easy to use.

PROS

I like that it is online, and that my co-counsel in other states can simply log in and enter their time on my cases.

CONS

If I had to pick something, I would say that sometimes I can get lost in the different tabs of where to go.

Pablo