CaseFox

CaseFox Reviews

RATING:

• icon"It provides a small firm the opportunity to have access to a powerful and sophisticated software that would otherwise not be accessible."
  • icon"I am writing the rest of this to fulfill the minimum text requirement."
  • icon"Quick, reliable, and very responsive if an issue or question arrises. Casefox team is always improving the product."
  • icon"This makes it difficult for me to use the software for invoicing as I cannot present reports or invoices in English in my country."
  • icon"Interface is bit complex and difficult to understand. Its difficult to search for any features unless you go through the documentation and explore every feature of software."
  • icon"Sometimes its difficult to transfer billing entry from one case to another.casefox user interface design can be more beatiful."

Browse all CaseFox Reviews

• Have you used CaseFox and would like to share your experience with others?

Tom

Works well and easy to use

My overall experience with CaseFox has been great, it filled a gap in my practice software needs perfectly and now makes me look 100x more professional when dealing with complex cases.

Pros

I like that CaseFox contains all of the features I would need for basic case management in their free offering. This really gives you plenty of time to ensure it is the right fit for your practice before committing to the higher tiers.

Cons

Unfortunately CaseFox is undergoing a redesign, whilst this does not have a major effect if you stick to one version and use it there can be problems when changing to the new version as it doesn't have all of the same features as the old one and reformats some of the reports.

Response from CaseFox

Thankyou Tom, for your balanced and fair review. We're happy that your experience with CaseFox went smoothly. Also your feedback helps us get better. We are looking into the issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately.

Replied November 2020

Daro

Industry: Security and Investigations

The Best Case Management / Billing software on the market (for the price), Hands Down!

Originally when we were searching for a case management/billing software, I tried about 20 different software's. CaseFox is hands down the easiest, well organized, versatile, customizable one I tried in our price range. We only use about 75% of the features (it's a very diverse system) and it handles all of our cases with ease. My firm currently operates out of 5 states, several employees and hundreds of open cases at a time. CF's down time is virtually nonexistent. When you email support, they get back to you typically within minuets. For the price (from my research, 60-80% cheaper than most others), the quality, the easy of use, OUTSTANDING customer service, diversity and customization... It's hands down the most underrated software on the market. Your doing your company and team a disservice if you don't at least try Casefox.

Pros

There are a ton of amazing things I can say about CF, but to keep it short their integration with multiple platforms is hands down handy and impressive to say the least. Makes our jobs super simple working with clients that work with multiple platforms such as Microsoft, google, Dropbox, PayPal, ect... The massive amount of features and functions this software covers all of our needs plus some. It is very diverse and with all of the features to add time and manage cases (mobile, tablet, web with 2 different UI's, text service) our teams billing's and accuracy has improved by more than 15%. Which is awesome! Super simple as well.... wanted to throw that in there.

Cons

I want to preface this by first saying that we have found ways around this and and is working great!... I wish there was more customizations to users. They have 5 settings which is great and one of them you can turn off and on functions for the user (office secretary), just for our specific use and workflow, a few more customizations would be a great resource.

Reasons for choosing CaseFox

Price, Customizations, integrations, customer service, sales teams (some of them really suck),

Reasons for switching to CaseFox

The price was too high and didn't accommodate a few of the customizations I needed for our firm.

Response from CaseFox

Hi Daro, We really appreciate your detailed review and you taking out your time to have it all here! Also, we will surely make your suggested changes done soon, so that you have a more seamless user experience!

Kris

fine until you need support

fine but didn't need anything from a human until recently and now I'm here writing this response!

Pros

easy to use/learn but don't expect any customer service (or any that isn't reason enough to cancel the service)..!

Cons

customer service; no one available to answer a phone call ever; emailed questions about errors in the program go ignored; if you are lucky to get a response, it will be so inciting, you'll be eager to complete a review like this to let the world know how horrible a company Casefox (and its support) is..!

Response from CaseFox

Hi Kris, We are so sorry. We're normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are gutted when we don't meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for posting this review and we're sorry to hear that your experience was not up to standards. We would like the opportunity to talk and investigate your feedback further.

Tom

September 2022

Fantastic service

Pros

Anytime I have had a request for help or asked about a report or option, the support staff has been exceptional. They have created special reports for me and "corrected" a couple of items when I accidentally hit an incorrect command

Cons

My overall experience has been great. They have responded quickly and the reports I have been able to generate help me on a daily basis drive the financial portion of the business

Response from CaseFox

Thanks for your valuable feedback, Tom!

Replied October 2022

With some tweaks, CaseFox would work better for forensic investigators and expert witnesses.

I have only experience one system outage in the 2+ years I have been using the software. Unfortunately, such an occurrence happens at the most inconvenient times.

Pros

The linkages within the software allow it to play well in the office tools environment. Integrations to MSOffice, Quickbooks and Dropbox are well accepted.

Cons

The tool would be much more flexible if there were two environments for the lawyer and the expert. There are a number of tasks that the forensic expert does not need to interface with but many of the tasks overlap with the legal side and it would be nice to have a way to eliminate the ones of no interest. I also find the expert is often retained by a third-party and works for the lawyer, but invoices the third-party. The software data model does not appreciate this scenario. The work arounds are kludgy.

Reasons for choosing CaseFox

I choose CaseFox over the competition because of the integration with other office tools.

Response from CaseFox

Thank you Daniel for this helpful review, we appreciate the fact that you spared your time out to review us with such details. We would surely work on the same as mentioned by you.

Replied December 2020

July 2022

Lifesaver Starting a Small/Solo Firm

CaseFox has made it possible for me to have a case management software while practicing as a part-time solo. Growing the practice is much slower than if it was my primary job/income. I would be using Word for invoices, Excel for time-keeping, and "Ctrl-F" for conflict checking if I never found CaseFox.

Pros

CaseFox provides all of the features I would expect in any case management/billing software, only with an amazing price structure that won't be found anywhere else. This makes it possible, and practical, for a small/solo firm just starting up to use the software immediately, become acquainted with it, and allow it to grow with the practice.

Cons

Like least? This is difficult because I haven't found anything I need that is missing from CaseFox. All of the features/integrations/customization make it feel a bit overwhelming at first glance. Like any software, though, that just takes time to become familiar with it all. The ability to customize the time code list, maybe? I feel like that is probably possible, but I just haven't figured it out yet.

Reasons for choosing CaseFox

Pricing for a very small, part-time solo practice

Response from CaseFox

Hey Daniel, We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve our service for everyone.

Replied July 2022

Jonathan

Industry: Law Practice

Amazing, cost-effective case management and billing software

We have tried out literally 4-5 different practice management software solutions over the years, and we have finally found one that is simple, straightforward, and cost-effective. We love it.

Pros

User-friendly, intuitive, easy to fix mistakes...and, of course, the price.

Cons

Occasional bugs and glitches, which aren't a big deal because I've always been able to find a work-around.

Reasons for choosing CaseFox

Easier and more intuitive product at a much better price.

Cost

Eric

Good work

Timekeeping a breeze. Invoice prints should be a breeze but the formatting isn't customisable enough for me.

Pros

Free version just as capable as paid, so moving up to the paid version was an easy choice. Thanks guys. Easy decision over my competitors!

Cons

It's a little clunky, the UI/UX needs work, I don't understand the new interface at all so have stuck with classic, integration with Google Drive could be better so I don't use that aspect. More or less, this is used this for purely timekeeping but if the other features were more user-friendly, I'd tend to use them more.

Troy

Great Alternative Software to Expensive Competitors

Would recommend, has most of the necessary tools to successfully run a law practice.

Pros

Pricing is much more reasonable compared to competitors. Support is always responsive and great.

Cons

The tasks features are lacking compared to other software.

Response from CaseFox

Thank you, Troy, for reviewing us here. It means a lot and we definitely would like to improve on the areas you suggested. Happy Lawyering! Team CaseFox

Replied January 2022

Molly

April 2022

Just a review

Pros

There were many features and it had a very seamless way of managing client intake

Cons

Access to the client portal that was somewhat a challenge

Response from CaseFox

Hi Molly, Thank you for your valuable feedback, we really appreciate you taking out some time from your schedule to write good about us. Regards, CaseFox

Replied May 2022

Peter

Easy and Efficient to Use

Pros

I am a solo practitioner. Case Fox is easy to use, keeps track of everything. The mobile app is great for checking on the telephone if not near a computer.

Cons

I wish it was backed up to the cloud or another means automatically

Response from CaseFox

Thank you for the 5 stars! It's so great to hear that you loved our legal billing software!

Christie

Industry: Law Practice

Great product for an even better price

CaseFox has made the management of my law practice seamless and easy.

Pros

I previewed / used the free trial of several different billing and case management software systems in the market. At a former firm I’ve personally used a leading industry software and CaseFox by far is a superior product to everything I have used. It is incredibly simple to set up, and integrates seamlessly with my google suite and lawpay. I personally use google drive for my document management (but they also integrate with DropBox and other clouds) and with CaseFox it connects my employees to the drive through the software so we’re all working on the same document and there’s no overlap. The billing is incredibly easy and again is connected to my LawPay account so I don’t have to go to multiple places when billing or confirming payments. There is a client portal that I don’t use as much as I would like but the clients who do use it say that it is simple to log in and use. I appreciate the ability to purchase stand alone services (such as more users, more storage etc.) instead of being forced to pay for services I don’t use. Customer service has always responded timely. The price of this software is where CF really stands apart- I was worried when I originally signed up that I would be receiving a substandard product. I had resigned myself because I wasn’t willing to commit to high fees every month with other products. I was surprised and happy to discover that CF is just as good and better in some aspects than other products I’ve used, for half the price.

Cons

The only issue I come across occasionally is ease of use. There are a lot of functions in CaseFox and the normal billing and setting up a file is easy. Linking my google drive and/ or bank accounts hasn’t been as easy and requires a deeper dive into the software. Setting up these functions weren’t as user friendly but customer service was helpful and my younger employee got it worked out.

Reasons for choosing CaseFox

Price, functionality and number of users

Response from CaseFox

We are pleased to receive such valuable feedbacks from our clients. Thank you so much, Ryan for taking out some time and write this important and useful review which can benefit everyone! Well, we'll work on the loopholes you pointed out for a better user experience

Replied February 2021

Dustin

Good Software for Solos

This keeps us much more organized, and being able to access it from pretty much any computer is great. I have not tried this with a phone. While customer support may be overseas, it has ALWAYS been prompt and gotten the issue resolved. They even upon request, at no charge, created an ability for me to get my time sheets auto-uploaded into a State appointed case log required to get paid, which saves us from manually typing entries.

Pros

Before using this software, we were manually typing billing entries and billing took two days on average. This software is not perfect and not for everyone, but we practice mostly family law and criminal defense and it has been excellent at the basics. I use the old format - I saw the new and instantly switched back, so I cannot write as to new features. I was given this product's name from another attorney - for the price point I think it is hard to beat. If you want an automator, etc. you may want to look elsewhere.

Cons

There seems to be some issues with Safari browser as to the timekeeper itself. I use mostly PCs, so this is rarely an issue, but it seemed to stop tracking if the computer would go to sleep (ex: while on a call).

Reasons for choosing CaseFox

I tried the trial for free and decided it worked FAR better than our old system, which was really Quickbooks mixed with typed timesheets, etc. There are lots of other options of course, and some may work better for others or even me, but frankly I cannot think of a good reason to switch as we sit due to having such a good customer service response in the past. It is not perfect, but it works for us.

Jill

Awesome software for home businesses

I have been using Casefox for approximately 3 years now. I have had no major issues with the software that wasn't fixable by Casefox immediately. The price is more than reasonable for all the flexibility you get in this software. It tracks everything. I also love the capabilities of making the invoices my own and tracking my own file numbers plus entering all trust funds right into Casefox. It helps me with my daily run of my business in the legal field and I highly recommend this software to any small business. The best part is going on vacation and having the ability to login from any wifi free establishment with ease. Thank you Casefox for making my business run smoothly. Your Customer Support is awesome and very kind. They have always been able to help me and it's not because your software has malfunctioned; if I have a question on how to do something within Casefox and do not understand the help tutorial; you are there to assist. I appreciate that!

Pros

The functionality of the software and I can access it anywhere at any time with a wifi connection. I am also able to format the things that I need; file numbers, backdating, and especially being able to track with my calendar is great.

Cons

I wish you could upload all of my emails and documents to casefox to keep all files together; I have to have a separate drive for that (Google Drive), it isn't making me leave the software but it would be helpful if your software could have downloadable capabilities of all file types; pdf especially. I would like to able to open the client's file and all the documentation that is associated with that client. I would also like the capability to streamline the Invoice fields to the names of what I know. For example Government #: we don't have a government number except for hst/gst and that has to be at the end of the invoice anyway. But I would love to change the field to Court Location.

Margaret

Better than the rest, at a fraction of the cost!

Pros

Everything! Billing and Invoicing is a breeze. Software runs so many different types of reports and exports to Excel, love this! Oh, and they have two separate UI (user interfaces) - the classic and the modern. Their Modern interface is better than most of their competitors, too. I still love the classic though. I have done free trials (multiple times) of MyCase, Bill4Time, Practice Panther, Clio, you name it, but CaseFox is truly the best. You cannot get me to switch.

Cons

As with all the legal billing software out there, I wish CaseFox also had a full-charge accounting suite built in. Like a fully built in Quickbooks. While there is of course an integration for QB and Xero, I'd prefer one software/platform. Other than that, Keep up the great work :)

Response from CaseFox

Hi Margaret, Thank you for considering us in the lot of many others out there. Your 5 star review really helps us grow. We really value your feedback!

Replied June 2021

Way better than the ones I have used

Pros

I practice intellectual property and love all of the customization that Casefox provides. I have used leading industry products and used to get frustrated with how few features relate to IP. Casefox offers the ability to customize the invoices, billing codes, the case information and offers great bang for buck. Once I figured out how the invoices can be set up so that payments are reflected on my trust and operating account, bookkeeping got even better.

Cons

While Casefox does offer the option of selecting a more modern looking interface, the look of the default interface which seemed somewhat messy and old has grown on me over time.

Pricing and customization capabilities

Lack of customization

Donn

Law Firm review

Pros

We like the ease of use for all employees, each having their own log-in access and ability to run personal reports. We also like that it is internet based with information being stored safely off-site. That also allows for use and access outside of the office, whether working at home or traveling.

Cons

The only issue we have encountered is the ability to set different types of billing for different clients. For example, some plaintiff clients may have deposited a retainer and we need to track that trust account balance and show those balances on invoices. Others are defense clients who are strictly billed by the hour. The Settings for invoicing appears to be an overall setting, and not able to be customized differently for individual clients.

Reasons for switching to CaseFox

Ease of use and internet access when working outside the office.

Response from CaseFox

Dear Donn, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We'll definitely use your feedback to make some important changes!

Sonja