• Pros

• "Nice looking and easy-to-use user interface, extensive databases of legal decisions, nice filters to narrow them, and properly named files when we download. "

• "Accessing the documents and that they come with the email saves time and resources!"

• "The extensive coverage and querying options, the access via api."

• Cons

• "I wish the alerts for new case filings could come faster. At the moment I use Dinger Alerts, which appear to be among the fastest in the industry."

• "nothing at this time it works well for what I use it for"

• "Sometimes it's unstable. I have to manually reload."

Browse Docket Alarm Reviews

Armin from Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Innovative user-interface for legal research

Generally positive experience.

Idan from Intelligo

Avid users of the api to find legal data about individuals

It helps us extend our legal coverage and provides a very useful api access.

Pros

The extensive coverage and querying options, the access via api.

Cons

1. More county courts coverage - especially NY and Massachusetts 2. The ability to filter by dates in the api query - in both pacer and docket alarm. 3. More details in the initial query, so I don't have to get the full case just to find it's not about the person I was looking for. Mainly in Docket Alarm end point.

Docket Alarm is Okay

Pros

Easy to use and there are a broad range of cases available

Cons

Some legal documents have a paywall; I wish that there was some way to inform the user of that before the user clicked on it

Scott from Paralegal Consulting Services

Docket Alarm - Great for Research

Docket Alarm has been beneficial in searching for specific types of cases for clients. It has streamlined the process and delivered better results. The search and alert functionality has been a good way to stay current on cases and topics.

Pros

Docket Alarm has provided good coverage of federal cases. It's limited state coverage has proven to be good where available. The feature I like most is the expanded search ability which allows you to narrow down cases or find the exact documents you are looking for with ease. It is a time saver when searching for specific types of cases.

Cons

There were a few hiccups with downloading information but Docket Alarm's customer service was fast and responsive. They updated me on progress and solved the issue in a timely manner. I couldn't ask for better customer service.

Reasons for Choosing Docket Alarm

Cost was a deciding factor.

colleen from Paul Hastings

Industry: Legislative Office

Docket Alarm

Pros

Cons

nothing at this time it works well for what I use it for

August 2015

Carlos from Banner & Witcoff, Ltd.

August 2015

Easy Litigation Alerts for the PTAB and Other Courts

I am a paralegal at Banner Witcoff and have used Docket Alarm for almost a year. My specialty is in the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, a relatively new court set up in Washington D.C. that focuses on inter partes reviews and Covered Business Method reviews. Some of my main responsibilities at work are to keep the attorneys notified of new cases, as well as distribute updates to the team whenever anything occurs in an active case. Before Docket Alarm, the only way to track a case was to go to the Patent Office's website manually, every day, and see if anything new posted to the docket. This was very time consuming and laborious. The patent office's website can be difficult to navigate, and if you need to get updates for a dozen court cases, it could take an hour or more to check each one, download any documents, and distribute them to a team. Docket Alarm makes this process really easy. I just sign up for alerts, and they send me email alerts whenever anything new posts to the docket. The new documents are attached to the email alert, so I do not even need to log in to download anything, I just save the attachment into the team folder. Docket Alarm probably saves me several hours a week of monotonous work, so I can focus on higher level research and trial assistance.

Neil from Pedersen & Sons Surety Bond Agency, Inc.

Review by Neil

Pros

The software is user friendly. It has helped my office become more efficient

Cons

The data does not always appear in an easily processable format. Its fine most of the time.

Krassen from KDI

Good case retrieval option, but beware of double charges.

Mostly very good, with the exception of the double-charging, which is unfortunately a deal-breaker.

Pros

For a non-frequent user, the per-document fee option is quite useful.

Cons

I get double-charged for the same document ALL THE TIME. Don’t want to make big fuss about it, as it is possible that I have retrieved the documents twice. But this is extremely unattractive, so I stopped using the service. I will feel more confident to use it if the system remembers what I have retrieved and does not charge me again for the same document. Or any other solution to the problem would be welcome. For now, I am done with it.

Brady from Paul Hastings

Industry: Law Practice

Very User Friendly

Pros

Far more user-friendly than PACER; ability to keyword search dockets is a game-changer; very much like how i can tailor/personalize docket email alerts

Cons

Occasionally takes a long time for PDFs filings to load

Sean from Microassist

Industry: Writing and Editing

Easy Research

I would recommend Docket Alarm to anyone in the legal field.

Pros

Docket Alarm makes my job of researching the latest ADA cases extremely easy. The layout is easy to use and there are so many court documents for each case making my job of writing a concise legal commentary faster and less stressful!

Cons

The only problem I had with the software at first was finding certain cases that were older, but there is a date filter that fixes that problem. There is a slight learning curve but in the end the product is incredibly user friendly!

Peter from Celtic Research Ltd

Industry: Research

Keeping in Touch

It saves me work. When there is something I need to know it tells me.

Pros

I don't have to do anything but just wait for notifications.

Cons

Sometimes it's unstable. I have to manually reload.

Jing from Everchron

Easy to Use

I am tracking the filings for cases and it's very easy to just press the update icon to see all the new filings and download what I need.

Pros

I like that it's very easy to use, it's simple to search for your case and be updated on the filings.

Cons

It's an additional cost to set up alerts for your cases.

Mike from Chubb Ltd.

Okay value for the price

Pros

The breadth of information available is impressive.

Cons

Very easy to get caught up pulling a bunch of information and can be quite costly on a per document basis.