• Pros

• "I love the time keeping and fillable forms. It helps me get everything done faster and maximize my billable time."

• "The ability to have the whole firm working in a matter simultaneously is great. The integrated billing options are extremely helpful."

• "The platform is attractive and simple, extremely affordable when compared with other similar SAAS modalities"

• Cons

• "They need to improve speed and work flow processes better. Nothing is a deal breaker but some of the functionality requires more steps than feel necessary. "

• "It is expensive, but it is all inclusive, so you won't need to spend money on other software. Sometimes I wish it was more customizable, but it is more so than a lot of the other options out there."

• "the fact that I cannot calendar from the Mobile Application is something that hinders my ability to calendar remotely and from court."

Browse LEAP Reviews

Denise from The Law Office of Denise D. Nordheimer, Esquire, LLC

Sea Change

We have benefited both in productivity, risk management and increased revenues from better capturing time.

Pros

The absolute completeness of it from both a practicing perspective and a business perspective. As an attorney who also runs the business side, I am appreciative of the level of detail on both sides. Although LEAP is significantly more expensive than other programs, it more than pays for itself, if you utilize the functionality. USE IT ALL.

Cons

Because of its completeness, it can be complicated to learn, even for sophisticated users. We are a pretty computer savvy bunch and were able to get up and running with the support LEAP provides. Prepare for a learning curve.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It's great to hear that it has increased productivity and revenue at your firm. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Charles from Progressive Law, LLC

LEAP Into Success!

It has changed my practice in so many ways. Even if there were a better software, this software has been a game changer for this firm.

Pros

My personal favorite attribute to this software is the technical support behind it. The helpdesk at LEAP is by far the most proficient, responsive, respectful, diligent, and most importantly, the helpdesk with the most overall proficient technicians responding. Every technician I have every worked with, and I ask questions to them almost as often as if they were in my office sitting with me, has a comprehensive knowledge of the entire software. If there has been a unique issue, they have always solved it within minutes. They are truly amazing. My next favorite attribute is that the software becomes more useful and powerful with every piece of information you fill out. It requires the users to put the information into the system, but once it's there, what you can do with the information is where the dividends pay off. Clerks will spend far less time doing clerical work. Attorneys can draft better documents repeatedly in order to maximize time. Next, is the document automation. It is continually being developed as we continue to work. Being able to generate large documents that can be used repeatedly at a substantial fee is a valuable asset. I think my partner, who keeps our books, would say that the push over to Quickbooks feature is the best. It is timesaving and allows less room for error.

Cons

The accounting methodology is different from the US methodology causing a greater learning curve during the transition to LEAP.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

First, LEAP started with their customer service from the very beginning whereas some of the other companies above just told me to watch their demo when I reached out. LEAP sent to very professional sales representatives out to see me and show me their product in person and answered my questions. This has not stopped since my purchase. It's just different people answering the questions. As far as features go, there was only one or two features another program had that LEAP did not and the LEAP had that the other did not. The Quickbooks integrations was a key feature as a small firm. Time is money. In summary, it came down to one or two features and the invaluable customer service they provide.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

We need software that required less in house tech support. We needed document automation. We needed a software that kept better financial records. We needed software that was more integrated with other types of applications. We needed LEAP!

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on our customer support team, online intake, document automation, and strong integrations with QuickBooks Online. At LEAP, we value our customers and pride ourselves on offering individual attention from consultation to training. We look forward to continuing our effort to make LEAP legal software a valuable asset to your law firm.

Karina from Lucid Law, Debt Relief Attorneys

online chat box never works & there is a 24 hr delay in response to support req's.

Pros

once you get someone to help they are great templates are very helpful billing & time keeping is great & synchs with iphone - love that being networked with my staff & being able to login from anywhere is great

Cons

it's clunky you can't start an email outside of LeAP & then attach a document; it has to be generated from a matter - not practical also cannot grab documents from matters to upload to court for filings - they have to be downloaded and then saved outside of LeAP and then security has to be removed - it's a pain for us e-filers clients with more than one matter do not get linked - submatters are totally separate matter; again, not practical esp for accounting and bookkeeping

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Its great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. We provide our LEAP users many resources to help troubleshoot and assist with any training related queries. Our in-house LEAP Consultants can also provide Best Practice sessions. The LEAP Community offers training videos, troubleshooting services, and our Live Chat service. Our Live Chat allows you to quickly connect with a representative that can assist you in fully utilizing LEAP. You can visit the LEAP Community and access our Live Chat support at: https://community.leap.us/s/support-US.

Sheena from Strileckyj Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Paralegal's/Legal Assistant's best friend!!!

It's a must have for any size law office! Organization is a must in our business and LEAP provides just that with an accessibility ease to go along with it. It is also very lawyer friendly, as I know, we paralegals/legal assistants probably do the majority of the actual drafting and keeping of time. My boss caught on very quickly.

Pros

There are so many features in LEAP that make my job easier, but my favorite feature may be the "New Comment" feature. It gives me a way to notate the file, bill my time and notify my boss of what he needs to review/fix/sign/etc, all in one step.

Cons

The thing I like least is having to take multiple steps to transfer funds in the same account from retainer to trust.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

PCLaw is not up to date with the current times. Fewer options and more steps to everything. Plus you cannot create documents or keep client files in PCLaw.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are benefitting from LEAP's document automation and the LEAP Comment feature. Our Design and Automation team is committed to innovation and adding new features to LEAP. We are happy to see that your firm is benefitting from these innovations and is a valuable asset to your firm!

Lynn from Buskey Law Offices

Formerly TurboLaw Billing Software

I have a negative attitude towards Leap in general because they interfered with the "good thing" I had with TurboLaw. I had several long telephone calls with Leap representatives to review all the functions that Leap has to offer, and I found that it was always much more than I was looking for in software for my small firm. I was very disappointed when Leap purchased TurboLaw and drastically increased the price without any grandfathering for existing TurboLaw customers.

Pros

I really liked this billing system. I found that it was not overly complicated to use, and it had all the functionality I needed (plus some additional functions that I could have used, but didn't venture into). The billing software was previously TurboLaw before Leap purchased it, and the price was very reasonable for the product provided - reasonable monthly fee for relatively simple software base.

Cons

When Leap purchased TurboLaw they more than tripled the monthly fee after just a few months. At that point, I went searching for a new billing system because it was too expensive for my small firm, and in my opinion, too expensive for what it had to offer. As a solo practitioner, I did not need anything fancy or expansive, and unfortunately Leap took this option away from me when they purchased TurboLaw.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

I chose TurboLaw before it was purchased by Leap because it was easy to use and was a great price in comparison to most of the other programs out there. I have found that billing software can be very expensive, primarily because the software offers a lot of functions that a small (solo) firm does not necessarily need. So, I was looking for something simple to use without "too much" to offer.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

I was in a partnership using Timeslips off a server in the law firm. We closed the office and worked remotely without a server, so Timeslips became a problem for us to use remotely (there were errors occurring, and we were told that it was not set up for how we were trying to use it at that time). I went with TurboLaw because of the monthly price and the apparent ease of use. I was very happy with the switch at that time.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We provide features based on user feedback. We are cloud-based with features like billing, forms (incl. REBA/TurboLaw), and more. Visit community.leap.us for training resources.

Jordan from David L. Moss & Associates, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Best Legal Software Around!

Pros

LEAP is excellent for automating documents so that you don't have to waste time typing in generic information that is in all your documents and letters. It is excellent to keep all your documents in one place on each matter and if you are in court, the phone app is a must! Making the switch from our outdated practice management software to LEAP was the best decision for our practice!

Cons

If you are a volume practice, invoicing by matter becomes a bit overwhelming, but it's just something you have to get used to. Being that it's cloud based software, you also have to wait some time for documents to load.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Didn't have LEAP's functionality. It was very limited.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Outdated software, too expensive.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our automated forms and documents, matter management, mobile app, and making the switch. We are committed to helping law firms like yours.

Pamela from Smith Green & Gold, LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Overall a very good product...

Implementation and learning curve a lot harder than we expected. A lot of issues importing our information from PCLaw to LEAP. And the billing has been a real struggle for us.

Pros

The ease of use as an attorney - the ability to easily track time and have client information, emails and documents all in one place and available in the cloud has been a huge timesaver.

Cons

The billing functions and exporting to Quicken are clunky at best. very little ability to customize the bookkeeping functions for our practice. While attorneys in the office are more efficient, my bookkeeper is not.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

PCLaw obsolete and we liked the idea of a cloud based system.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates and new features for LEAP including accounting, forms, and more. Please contact Support for any issues, available 9am-8pm EST.

Nurul from Amin Haque Ltd

Industry: Law Practice

Not suitable to litigation practice and most fixes are costly add-on apps

It is a very frustrating and very expensive system. It is a frankenstein system - just loads script bolted together to make it work but not much of it (besides the document) works very well. There is no workflow - that costs extra £495 per month There is a 73% price hike and most things are additional extras You cannot create own specific critical dates to create any workflows Cannot have workflow out of the box# Need Xero for office accounting - extra costs

Pros

Leap has a very good document library which is why we initially selected leap. However, this is probably the best feature. Creating templates is also easy as is some of the accounts features. However, it does not have a general accounting facility - so you'll be paying extra to Xero for that.

Cons

Tasks - it is heavily reliant on MS Outlook. If you do litigation, imagine note being able to access or edit tasks allocated to one of your fee earners and that fee earner is off. What do you? When it comes to diarising tasks, you will be spending more time accepting assigned tasks than actually earning any fees. As an example, on a litigated matter i could have up to 20 directions that i need to comply with. my assistant will set a 14, 7, 2 and on the day reminder (this is a laborious task in Leap). thats 4x20 (80 tasks). i then receive 80 emails i need to open, accept and save (imagine how long that takes). The task is then saved in my out look tasks. No one else can access or edit or delete. This is stuck in outlook and in the matter! So if i leave - and i have 100 files, thats 800 tasks that no one can access - they will have to troll through the file and set the tasks again. You see the problem! we learnt the hardway. There is no adequate reporting - so you want to find out how many files you have with a particular supplier/referrer. You can find that out but you can export that into excel . you want to run that report - a third party app will cost you more.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

The price was the biggest factor - however, a 73% price hike for a small firm taught us - you get what you pay for.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review. However, this Capterra page is for LEAP Legal Software available in the United States. We work hard globally to address and respond to feedback from our users. Please visit the LEAP UK Community site (community.leap.co.uk) for local support for your version of the software.

Charlene from Coe Law Offices

BEWARE!

We were told we could have a "six month free trial" with a money back guarantee at the end of the trial period. When we quickly realized this software did not match our needs we began talking with LEAP to end our trial at the end of the period. This is an almost impossible task and they continue to argue with us. FREE TRIAL does not mean anything to LEAP. We are even willing to just get out and not worry about money back guarantee, but still no luck. They are trying to hold us to the 3 year contract for payment. BEWARE!

Pros

LEAP Promised lots of usable features during demonstration and training. Like only the fact that it will integrate well with Outlook emails. The email feature is the best, although it is all stored with a specific matter and we are unable to see a daily email listing.

Cons

SO MUCH! Difficult to use (and we are very computer/database savvy). Have to find "work arounds" for almost all things we do on a daily basis. When information was transferred from our previous TimeMatters software, it was garbage. Not usable and so incomplete it makes no sense. We are having to continue to use our old software to get work accomplished. Does not work easily for litigation or family law practice. Looks like it would be better suited for real estate matters and estates. Unfortunately, we do not do either.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Thought a cloud based program was the future and would allow access from other locations. We were told they had a joint venture with TimeMatters (our current software) and would make for any easy transition, this is FAR from the case.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. LEAP does not offer a free trial; we work with firms that feel it may not fit. We offer free training and HelpDesk/Client Success support. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and are disappointed you no longer use LEAP.

Andy from Miller Law Group

Great product

Cons

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We value input for features and updates from users which can be submitted here: community.leap.us/s/ideas-user-guide. We are committed to helping firms make money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm.

Neha from Taneja law firm

Sinple powerful strong legal practice management solution

Excellent legal workflow with power automations

Pros

Management of client from boarding to final billing so easy

Cons

Little complicate to use , also had problem with backup power mechanisms

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. We provide firms with a robust list of features and software is powered by AWS with 99.99% uptime to help firms increase profitability and productivity.

Annika from DangerLaw

Industry: Law Practice

Made our estate planning practice seamless

It is a steep learning curve, even for an office full of millenials. But it is COMPLETELY worth it. Having our entire firm run from LEAP and its Microsoft integrations has made the COVID work from home transition incredibly easy and, likely, at least semi-permanent!

Pros

Full integration with Microsoft Office. Our entire practice takes place via LEAP. Easy to search, easy to use once you know how. The ability to customize estate planning templates and the ease of creating documents once those are set up has completely transformed and streamlined our estate planning practice. Very responsive staff.

Cons

There is some translation confusion from the UK/Australia to how US law practices work. It is certainly a big learning curve, and their Microsoft Excel integration with the court forms could use some work.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates including court forms, integrations, and more. Please contact Support for any issues, available 9am-8pm EST.

ANDREA from Mountain, Dearborn & Whiting LLP

Still very happy after two years

My overall experience with Leap has been positive and all of the people I have worked with at Leap have been tremendously helpful. The software has even gotten better since we signed up so I like that they are always looking to make improvements.

Pros

Having all documents, emails, time entry, billing, IOLTA funds all in one place when looking at a client. I no longer have to jump around to multiple places to get the full picture on a client. I would pick this software again any day.

Cons

My only complaint is that I wish we had a better way to tailor the fields in a bill to our needs.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Ease of us, overall efficiency and cost.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Juris was antiquated and not a windows based program. It would have cost us far more money to upgrade to their module systems than to change to Leap. We found Juris clunky and expensive.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We appreciate your support and positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates including accounting, billing, and more. Ideas from our users can be submitted here: community.leap.us/s/ideas-user-guide.

Anthony from Legal

Leap Review

Overall I am happy with Leap but will have to develop work-arounds for the billing review and trust application issues.

Pros

The time keeping and document management features are very good. That is extremely important beacuase most of my day is managing documents & e-mails and keeping time while doing so.

Cons

Billing is very cumbersome. Revising bills after pre-billing is difficult and not intuitive. Applying retainers at the time of billing and having the bill show the retainer applied to that bill does not work.

Document management features.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Wanted a cloud based product.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates and new features for LEAP including accounting, billing, and more. Please contact Support for any issues, available 9am-8pm EST.

Nicola from Cadicina Law, LLC

Fantastic software

We have been using Leap for over two years and have been very impressed with its features. It takes care of our needs in our law firm and is super easy to use. The customer support is fantastic. This was our first time using a case management software and we love that everything is all in one place.

Pros

I love the one software for all of needs of our firm. The software is easy to use. If there is ever a question, the support is outstanding. The chat is so easy to use, everyone is so professional, patient and friendly and know their stuff. This was our first time using a case management software and we love that everything is all in one place.

Cons

My only complaint with the software are the interest invoices. It's confusing. I would prefer being able to bill the interest on one invoice only.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

The sales representatives were very good at their jobs! Another firm and our IT firm also recommended LEAP.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Started a new law firm and wanted a billing system that was more with the times!

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review of LEAP legal software. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefitting from our all-in-one practice management solution and assistance from our customer support team. At LEAP, we are constantly innovating our software to perform better for our users. We would like to demonstrate an easier way for you to add interest on an invoice. Please email pma@leap.us to set up some time with a dedicated Practice Management Advisor. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm.

Larry from Larry S. Raiken, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

LEAP sells you the product and stays with you until you are finished with your case.

In the standard computer software, that attorneys use they have to jump from one screen to the next to the next before their project can be completed, in LEAP you don't have to do that, you have everything in one single program, you have a trust accounting program, you have a time billing program, you have everything in one place, you don't have to go from one program to the next, one login one place one job, LEAP has everything I need to run my practice efficiently.

Pros

LEAP's customer service is easy, responsive, and cordial. Unfortunately, in today's world, people don't understand the need to provide good services. Customer service has taken a back seat to sales in most companies. With most software, no one is helping you understand how to use the product properly. With LEAP, it's a different story.

Cons

There isn't anything I can say that I don't like. Prior to using LEAP I had to use 4 different programs, now I have it all in one system. I wish LEAP was available sooner.

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! It is great to hear that our training and customer service has exceeded your expectations. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Nancy Jo from THOMASON & PRACHT, LLP

LEAP Review Six months in

We love it. There were certainly frustrations going from one platform to another. We are still learning every day. But overall, the cloud based system has allowed us to have virtual employees and work remotely, which we could not do before.

Pros

The access via any computer and my iphone to documents, calendar, etc is amazing compared to what we were using before. I love that chat support is available all day. I use it a lot!

Cons

The practice areas are not as customizable as we would like. I wish they would dedicate a development team to each state so they could get an understanding of the unique ways each state handles different areas of law. There are some reports they need to add.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

LEAP was best able to accommodate our unique compensation structure between our partners.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are benefitting from LEAP's document automation and calendaring functionality as well as having complete remote accessibility. We are always looking to improve LEAP for our users in specific jurisdictions. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money and we are happy that LEAP has been a valuable asset to your firm!

Kathryn from Mullen Associates

Industry: Law Practice

LEAP transforms office efficiency and organization.

Before LEAP and on-line, cloud-saving software...hands on paper files in a stationary office setting was necessary. LEAP makes it possible for all colleagues to have access to all files all the time anywhere, and it is affordable for small businesses.

Pros

As an estate and real estate paralegal for 30 years, working with LEAP brings file access, organization and storage to a modern efficient level. With LEAP, working remotely from anywhere is now possible and practical. LEAP saves time that used to be spent copying, finding documents and communicating file information with colleagues.

Cons

Becoming proficient on any new software, especially one with the power of LEAP, can be daunting.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

LEAP is so much more versatile and mobile and the features make the other system obsolete.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that LEAP is improving your law firm's document management and client collaboration on multiple devices. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money. We are happy to see that LEAP is a valuable asset to your law firm!

August 2016

Frank from The Law Office of Frank J. Materia

August 2016

LEAP is the Future

LEAP is AWESOME! I am a solo practitioner, and LEAP provides me with the ability and appearance of a mid-size firm. From LEAP's professional looking Invoices; to the ease of creating forms and templates; to providing an easy way to track and log my billable time; to the ability to email, fax, create letters, and PDFs with a simple click of a mouse that makes the annoying task of sending correspondence a thing of the past. LEAP makes law office practice and management fun. LEAP's team of professionals like Amy Marinho and Terrance Morgan are just a phone call or an email away. They are always there to help you, by making training on LEAP fun and easy. They quickly responding to any questions you may have in regard to LEAP. I feel that Amy and Terrance are part of my law firm staff, and as a solo practitioner that feels great. Amy once said to me "anything is possible with LEAP!" that is so true! I made a great decision to become an Attorney; I made another great decision by getting LEAP! What are you waiting for... GET LEAP!

Pros

I love the ease of the forms and template creation. The simple way LEAP allows you to track and log my time and the itemizing of the services provided on a given matter. Invoices are created with great ease and look very professional. LEAP makes the accounting aspect of law firm practice simple to track.

Cons

One con, why didn't the creators of LEAP have a program to make law school fun and easy!?

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It is great to hear that our forms and templates are increasing your firm's productivity. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

As a solo practitioner, LEAP has cut my administrative time down significantly!

Pros

The program is easy to use and provides everything you need as a solo practitioner. Documents, accounting, etc. are provided and integration is generally free of errors, so everything done on a file is kept within the file. Customer service is great and the account managers are always available and knowledgeable. The help chat is great. Integration with Outlook and other Office software is very convenient (Microsoft Word is another story, but LEAP's integration is great).

Cons

There are some documents that I would anticipate being available that are not, although most documents are available. Interface online is very different from app interface, although most work is done on app. Mobile is generally very good, but with some updating glitches and inability to input data into Outlook.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We provide features based on users' feedback. We add new forms daily. You can save Microsoft Outlook emails into your LEAP matters. Visit community.leap.us for help. Our Support team is available 9am-8pm EST.

Jennifer from Ratcliff Law

Industry: Law Practice

Well worth the investment!

I couldn't run my practice without it.

Cons

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We appreciate your feedback. We work hard to provide updates and feature releases based on users' feedback. We are committed to helping law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm.

Sarah from MG

Industry: Law Practice

Best comprehensive legal software available

LEAP has a dedicated problem solving area in the company which makes any teething issues able to be quickly resolved. Software is customisable and relevant to a wide range of legal areas.

Pros

Ease of use, simple access to all files loaded in system, ability to change file types based on matter

Cons

Can be slow when connecting with the cloud

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. We are cloud-based powered by AWS. Security and mobility are our priority. We are committed to helping law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Heather from Allen and Garrett

Industry: Law Practice

The complete software package for your firm needs.

Organization that is priceless.

Pros

The accounting side is excellent and allows to have real-time accounting and trust balances at fingertips. The app also allows you to have a digital copy of the hard case file at a click away.

Cons

The occasion lag between Microsoft products connecting. This does not happen often and usually has to do with updates needing to happen within Microsoft.

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! We appreciate receiving feedback from our users so that we can continue to offer a product that has everything needed to run a small law firm. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Tamara from Kings Commercial

LEAP with an Apple MacBook Air

My renewal of this contract was appalling. I was told that I could use my iCloud emails so that is why I renewed so that I could just manage one email. The LEAP consultant told me I could use IMAP. This is not the case. I have tried to cancel my contract and they will only cancel my contract if I pay out the full 3 year contract renewal.

Pros

Consider it very carefully if you use a MAC.

Cons

They should be clear that iCloud emails are not supported. They tell me it is ok but no one can help me and I am meant to pay out a 3 year contract and manage two emails. See the assistance that has taken 6 months for me to receive........ With regards to the first point being virtual box, to utilise LEAP with the Mac environment you will have to go through Virtual Box or Parallels Desktop as they are the best way to go. If you wish to use a Windows environment only, then a program such as BootCamp would be more suitable (this is also technically better on a performance base). With regards to the icloud email, I have been doing some research on this for you. There is a way to add it to the outlook program that is quite manual and does look like your IT Consultant attempted this for you with no success. Additionally, on more research I see that icloud utilises an IMAP process not POP3. Unfortunately, IMAP is not supported with LEAP and there will be issues connecting this to LEAP. Not much use to run a business!

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We take every firm through the software based on the setup. LEAP works with Parallels to use both systems. Office365 Business Premium can migrate your emails from IMAP to Exchange. Contact Support (support@leap.us) for help.

Blair from Peter J. Johnson Law Office

It started out well and ended with a bust

We are trying to cancel/terminate our contract.

Pros

Cons

LEAP is still tethered to the premise model; they offered us to purchase 3 new PC stations to encourage us to move from our Mac office to a PC office because their browser version has serious deficiencies when compared to the premise. Though, is the customer service who, after now 2+ months of informing them that we would not accept their cash offer we are still being billed on a monthly basis. We have had to file a claim with AMEX to reject all past and future billings by LEAP to avoid interest and fees. Still, no one has contacted us back to correct this. Our LEAP consultant who trained us (the only one we have a phone # for - no accounting services available by phone) keeps saying he's passing on our messages to billing but who knows. We left a smaller group to be with a more robust organization (which LEAP is) but of course, now we don't know who to talk to when problems emerge. Don't go with these guys, you will regret it.

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate receiving feedback from our users so that we can continue to offer a product and the service we provide. We apologize for any problems that arose during the initial stages of your implementation process. Ultimately, we were able to settle your firm¿s account with amicably were disappointed that your firm was unable to continue with LEAP but wish you the best moving forward.

Niko from Legal Services

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING AND A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

Never do business with company unless you have a strictly HP office and are not a heavy Apple / MAC computer based office. They will tell you that the software is compatible but you will not be able to use the software on a MAC as a main computer. You will also be prevented from canceling and will not have access to anyone who is remotely helpful in resolving your situation . You will be told that you must purchase an HP in order to make the software work and you will then find that even with an HP you will not be able to use your MAC with this software.

Pros

The promises that the software offered were wonderful and had they worked we would have been extremely pleased with what the software was supposed to do to help with time management and record keeping. Unfortunately, nothing that we were told came to fruition and we were left with a hefty bill and no support and when we tried to cancel we were told that we could not cancel...

Cons

The software is NOT compatible with Apple. Customer support was not helpful in fixing any of the issues. There were a lot of unfulfilled promises. The "money back" guarantee is a joke... They will NOT return money or honor their own contracts. We have to take them to court in order to make them honor the contract that they created and we signed.

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

We apologize for any problems that arose during the LEAP implementation process. Ultimately, LEAP made many efforts to settle your account but your firm was unresponsive. We provide all firms considering investing in LEAP with a copy of the LEAP¿s system requirements when they receive their LEAP order form. The system requirements detail all programs that integrate with LEAP as well as the settings that are necessary for installation. LEAP is committed to providing world-class service and was disappointed that we were unable to work with your firm moving forward.

Joseph from McIntosh Lawyers, PC

Look before you LEAP

Disaster. The support staff seemed overwhelmed with the issues I am having and escalated the support ticket. However, LEAP is a cloud based product therefore, if there is a problem, it is on there end.

Pros

Cloud based and all the features that state they have. However, LEAP seems to be putting it together as they go.

Cons

You CANNOT call support. You will spend forever sending chat messages back and forth and nothing gets done. I have been attempting to get my billing out and I am having all sorts of problems. The product is NOT ready for the US market.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Based on the representations made by LEAP. They promise way more then they can deliver.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

I switched based on the representations made by LEAP. 1) Client portal for intake. However, they are not ready for my state. 2) The integrated VOIP phone system that automatically logs calls and records time. However, the product is not ready.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review. Support is available 9am-8pm EST (avg. response time is 0.15). Firms have a Client Success Manager for usage. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and are disappointed you no longer use LEAP. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Hanna from Portale Randazzo LLP

LEAP has made my work so much more efficient

This software makes me more efficient at work as I am able to do multiple things such as drafting mtions, writing emails, and billing for time all from one platform.

Pros

I love that is so easy to use. I love that we can e-mail, write motions, write letters, fax, and calendar all through one platform. Our LEAP representative has been super attentive, they always answer our emails super quickly. The representative has visited our office on numerous occasions and is always so helpful, they are a great teacher, and is efficient at solving our problems.

Cons

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. We release features based on users' feedback, submit any here: community.leap.us/s/ideas-user-guide. We are committed to helping firms make more money and are happy that LEAP is an asset.

Chris from LT Law

Why I do not /have not recomended it to Fellow Lawyers

If we could terminate the licences, get our money back and leave early- We would.

Pros

Most of it works most of the time. Some of it is quite useful.

Cons

1) Some of its funcitons do not work on some computers. I have 2 up to date high spec Laptops that Leap have tried (but failed) get it to work properly on. And they are unable to say why. 2) Creating and saving forms and precedents in an easy acessed manner is seemingly impossible. 3) We have experienced poor funcionality and it is exceptionally rigid in its operating requirements. 4) No 24 hour /or 7 day support. 5) Expensive, and you are required to pay for 3 YEAR! licences. 6) We do not use the accounting functions as it proved incompatbale with Legal Aid billing. It was also generating VAT errors.

Reasons for Switching to LEAP

Leap took ove ilaw and refused to supply nem licences for it.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review. However, this SoftwareAdvice page is for LEAP Legal Software available in the United States. We work hard globally to address and respond to feedback from our users. Please visit the LEAP UK Community site (community.leap.co.uk) for local support for your version of the software.

December 2015

Bryan from De Bruin Law Firm, LLC

December 2015

LEAP was a great choice for our Firm

Our Firm is a relatively small law firm with 3 attorneys, but we do a wide variety of legal work. Our diversity made finding a case management software that would allow us to handle cases from litigation to real estate transactions and everything in-between, a daunting task. At one point we considered each attorney using a separate case management software for their practice area and an additional software for our billing and accounting, that is, until we found LEAP. LEAP allows us the flexibility to practice in our own separate and distinct legal areas while also maintaining a single source for billing and accounting. Their integrated closing disclosure form fits right in with our real estate transaction needs. Prior to LEAP we were forced to use an additional software solution for all of our title and closing services. Our overall experience has been great. Their continual service and availability has made the transition to LEAP not just tolerable, but enjoyable.

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! It is great to hear that LEAP made billing and accounting easier for your firm. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Leon from Budden Law

Don't do it

Pros

Everything is located within the one piece of software

Cons

You cannot export a client file in the event they seek a copy. The software is limited to only exporting 100 files at a time so if you have a decent client file then you need to ring and ask Leap if they can export. The answer is that they can but for $4,000 !!!

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. Items can be shared via LawConnect via comments and e-signatures; visit community@leap.us for help. Extraction of data is at the discretion and responsibility of the firm, stated in the LEAP Terms and Conditions.

November 2015

Ma'isha from Aziz Law group

November 2015

LEAP makes my practice streamlined and efficient

Until I started using LEAP, I was using multiple platforms to run my small firm. This was not an optimal solution at all. It was very time consuming searching for information relating to one matter from different places. After attending a CLE presentation and hearing all the wonderful things LEAP was capable of, I contacted them as soon as I could. However, after viewing a demo of LEAP, it was love at first sight. Now with LEAP installed, my practice is streamlined and efficient. The automated document production feature and the ability to bill my clients on the go is life changing! The use of this product has allowed everyone in my office to have the ability to be more effective and we now have the capability to invoice for time that we never did before. The Paralegal in my office said where has this been my whole life?

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It is great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Erik from Erik W. Mueller, Attorney at Law

May 2016

LEAP has become the core of my entire office

I've been using LEAP for about 6 months now and it has become the core of every aspect of my practice. LEAP makes it easy to keep paperwork organized and easy to access and I am now virtually a paper-free office. Honestly, this software does everything. Whether I need to write a quick e-mail or reconcile my trust account, LEAP is perfectly designed to handle it. LEAP can be intimidating but the customer service is fantastic. People are always available on the phone to answer questions. Their chat option is good also for times when you may be stuck on a simple problem. I highly recommend LEAP for anyone, especially if you are interested in reducing the volume of paper in your office.

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Todd from Sedona

User friendly

Pros

The application was worth every penny. Thank you

Cons

Seems to be made for smaller companies.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are benefitting from LEAP's all-in-one practice management solution. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money and we are happy that LEAP has been a valuable asset to your firm!

February 2016

Cassandra from Cassandra T. Savoy, PC

February 2016

Well worth the investment!!!

I have used LEAP for about four months. It is fabulous. The fact that my billing has increased by 30% because the system facilitates capturing every service provided to the client makes the investment well worth the money. In addition, the customer service is great. Despite the fact that LEAP is very user friendly, we hit a few road bumps at the beginning. The tech team responded promptly and each was knowledgeable and friendly. My staff loves the program because it keeps us all on the same page. I know what has happened in each file simply by opening the file in LEAP. LEAP where have you been all of my life!

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! Its great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Dina from HLG

Industry: Law Practice

Beware: do not do business with this company.

Terrible

Pros

The software is horrible and does not do what it claims to do. Quality is very poor and the company is awful. No customer service. You can’t cancel your account when you discover just how bad the software is. No one will respond to your calls or emails. Save yourself a lot of time and money and choose another company.

Cons

The company behind the worthless software.

Big mistake.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We value all feedback so that we can continue to make our software the best practice management solution available for all small law firms. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience with us so far. Please contact the LEAP Practice Management Advisory Team, by emailing pma@leap.us, so that we can assist you with some of the challenges you have been facing. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. At LEAP, we are committed to making LEAP a valuable asset for your firm and we hope to speak with you soon.

Antonia from Antonia Kloss

Don't do it

Company is awful to deal with and appear only concerned with money.

Pros

Ok for organising electronic files and recording WIP.

Cons

Having misrepresentations made by Leap to induce me to resign a three year contract at exorbitant cost and no assistance in relation to the process of extracting data for storage when ceasing to use the software.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for reviewing. We work hard to make sure firms learn the product fully. LEAP works with firms who feel that it may not be a fit. LEAP Support and the Client Success team are available to help with training and resolve any issues.

Tyler from Tyler Lee Randolph P.C.

Horrible software- horrible service

Horrible. The document management is horrendous. What normally takes one or two steps using something like dropbox takes 4 to 5 steps with Leap. It’s significantly increased the time and effort needed to create, download, upload, and manipulate files.

Pros

The one and only good feature was the automatic billing entry from email feature.

Cons

The company is crooked. They will not honor your contract or allow you to cancel. They keep sucking money out of your account even when you have written to them twice and called them and emailed them telling them you want to end your trial and not continue with their product.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

They talked a good game. Again, the one and only good thing was the integration of the billing with the emails.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied April 2021

We appreciate and welcome all feedback of LEAP so that we can continue to make our software the best practice management solution available for all small law firms. We are sorry to hear that you have been having challenges with some of the features. We recommend that you contact the LEAP Practice Management Advisory Team by emailing pma@leap.us so we can help you resolve some of these challenges. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. At LEAP, we are committed to making LEAP a valuable asset for your firm and we hope to speak with you soon.

Thomas from Law Office of Thomas Estes

Don't do it

See above. Oh, their help desk people are completely incompetent. When I asked to be forwarded to someone to cancel, he hung up on me.

Pros

They SAID we could be trained this weekend. No mention of system requirements . It looked like a good system. "Looked"

Cons

They fail to tell you that depending on your computer, their software may be useless. I have a 1 yr old mac and a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro. Neither can be used. But they'll definitely get you to sign a contract that says nothing of their requirements. Contract says you can't cancel until the end of your trial...6 months. So since our computers don't work, they want $230/mo for 6 months and we can't use it. Can't get anyone via phone or email to cancel of course. Total scam.

Reasons for Choosing LEAP

Seemed like it was better. Huge mistake.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review. We demo based on firms' setup and our contract has the system requirements. Firms have a Client Success Manager for help. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and are disappointed you no longer use LEAP.

Heather from Anthony Allen and Associates

May 2016

It was an extremely easy transition for our firm to switch.

There are so many aspects of this software that helps in the day to day operations. Everyone in the firm stays up to date and it has definitely helped in keeping things organized.

Response from LEAP

Replied April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Its great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Louise from SMITH LAW, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your feedback. Visit community.leap.us for updates and new features. Contact our Support team for any functionality issues, available 9am-8pm EST, or through a scheduled call.