What are LEAP users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using LEAP software through verified user reviews

• icon"Most of it works most of the time. Some of it is quite useful."
  • icon"The platform is attractive and simple, extremely affordable when compared with other similar SAAS modalities."
  • icon"Customer Support is excellent from [SENSITIVE CONTENT. Very good support from other members of the team too."
  • icon"Even for those calls that pertain to an established matter, the notification system is poor and you have no way to keep track of these calls separately. Also LEAP has no integrated calendar."
  • icon"Does not work easily for litigation or family law practice."
  • icon"Billing aspect is not very intuitive; also the subtle differences between British English and American English can get somewhat annoying."

Browse all LEAP Reviews

• Have you used LEAP and would like to share your experience with others?

Denise

Sea Change

We have benefited both in productivity, risk management and increased revenues from better capturing time.

Pros

The absolute completeness of it from both a practicing perspective and a business perspective. As an attorney who also runs the business side, I am appreciative of the level of detail on both sides. Although LEAP is significantly more expensive than other programs, it more than pays for itself, if you utilize the functionality. USE IT ALL.

Cons

Because of its completeness, it can be complicated to learn, even for sophisticated users. We are a pretty computer savvy bunch and were able to get up and running with the support LEAP provides. Prepare for a learning curve.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It's great to hear that it has increased productivity and revenue at your firm. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Replied January 2021

Andros

Fantastic Practice Management Software

Have used Leap for a few years now for our Criminal defence firm and cannot fault it in any way. Very user friendly and does not require much training or getting use to. Always promptly updated to take into account of the constantly changing criminal rates! Our client success manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is always reaching out to ensure everything is in order and that the service is first rate. A pleasure to do business with Leap, in these difficult times, and especially a pleasure dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Pros

Leap is easy to use and integrates perfectly for your firm, whatever size. Great online support service available.

Cons

I cannot fault Leap. I have had no issues whatsoever.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

I had already been with Leap and the system had no faults. Although Clio may have been slightly cheaper, I was happy to pay for a service I was happy with.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Proclaim was very difficult to use

Lin

May 2022

Unhappy

I could not express enough how much I would not recommend this product. Regardless of the product itself, if it is not supported when problems arise then it is useless.

Pros

I cannot write anything that is positive given the problem I have is left unresolved for weeks and no one is willing to assist in resolving it so I am left frustrated and annoyed and have spent days trying to contact someone for an update on where it is at an no one will speak with me or assist, either over the phone or even via email.

Cons

Complete lack of customer support. This has become a major issue for me and the fact I cannot contact them and they have had weeks to resolve the issue is extremely frustrating and affecting my ability to do my work.

Rob

March 2022

Review of Leap

Extremely positive.

Pros

We integrated Leap over three years ago. Although with any new system, it took time to get used to. That is not a criticism of Leap, it was just a new system to us. However, it is very user friendly and the support, if needed, was extremely useful.

Cons

Leap is continually being upgraded and added to/improved. There is nothing I don't like about the system.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Wanted a more progressive, comprehensive and user friendly application.

Vicky

Our experience in choosing LEAP

Leap has centralised all our systems and enable us all to work remotely. Whilst we are still not paper free we are using much less paper. We are adapting and learning new ways all the time.

Pros

We liked the fact that LEAP was used by other firms and we had heard good reports. We had never used case management before and it was good to bring all departments together.

Cons

The thing we like least is the accounts system Xero, there was very little support and the ongoing support is minimal. The actual conversion was quite challenging as we were trying to fit our old ways of working into the new ways of LEAP. It wasn't really until lockdown and working from home that LEAP became a blessing for us, and now we all love it.

Case Management

Jonty

The best CMS available

Pros

LEAP is reliable, functional and easy to use. It is as simple as that.

Cons

There are some efficiency points that could be included. Development seems to have focused on certain areas at the detriment of others e.g. conveyancing vs disputes. Some features may have not been thoguht through for use in practice.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

Clio was too similar to Osprey. Emis was being left behind.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Osprey was woeful in every regard - unreliable (losing documents), difficult to use (hard to navigate) and inefficient (time recording was very convoluted). This is a function of it being entirely cloud-based which is to be avoided.

alison

not as promised .

I am unhappy with LEAP - it is far too expensive for the rather BASIC functionality.

Pros

the timesheet/timekeeping .......................

Cons

Lack of customization options for invoices with direct payment Awful app - very few mobile options Forms are not easily customizable and are literally just copy/pasted from court website.... except the court websites are easier to use Difficulty with applying payments, etc.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

LEAP appeared to have more functionality.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

A lot of promises were made to us by the sales team about how efficient LEAP would be to our practice.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your feedback and would like to speak with you more about some of the challenges your firm is facing. Our forms are carefully recreated from the courts, to comply with statutory and court requirements, but in a manner designed to make them more user-friendly. We add automation capabilities to these forms so you can save time with data input and reduce risks of error. We want to make sure LEAP is running efficiently for your law firm. Please email pma@leap.us so we can connect you with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also find a lot of great training resources, including template automation, in our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Lynn

Formerly TurboLaw Billing Software

I have a negative attitude towards Leap in general because they interfered with the "good thing" I had with TurboLaw. I had several long telephone calls with Leap representatives to review all the functions that Leap has to offer, and I found that it was always much more than I was looking for in software for my small firm. I was very disappointed when Leap purchased TurboLaw and drastically increased the price without any grandfathering for existing TurboLaw customers.

Pros

I really liked this billing system. I found that it was not overly complicated to use, and it had all the functionality I needed (plus some additional functions that I could have used, but didn't venture into). The billing software was previously TurboLaw before Leap purchased it, and the price was very reasonable for the product provided - reasonable monthly fee for relatively simple software base.

Cons

When Leap purchased TurboLaw they more than tripled the monthly fee after just a few months. At that point, I went searching for a new billing system because it was too expensive for my small firm, and in my opinion, too expensive for what it had to offer. As a solo practitioner, I did not need anything fancy or expansive, and unfortunately Leap took this option away from me when they purchased TurboLaw.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

I chose TurboLaw before it was purchased by Leap because it was easy to use and was a great price in comparison to most of the other programs out there. I have found that billing software can be very expensive, primarily because the software offers a lot of functions that a small (solo) firm does not necessarily need. So, I was looking for something simple to use without "too much" to offer.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

I was in a partnership using Timeslips off a server in the law firm. We closed the office and worked remotely without a server, so Timeslips became a problem for us to use remotely (there were errors occurring, and we were told that it was not set up for how we were trying to use it at that time). I went with TurboLaw because of the monthly price and the apparent ease of use. I was very happy with the switch at that time.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We provide features based on user feedback. We are cloud-based with features like billing, forms (incl. REBA/TurboLaw), and more. Visit community.leap.us for training resources.

Replied January 2021

Shilpa

Leap Review

LEAP is an excellent platform that we just cannot do without now. Our Account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT] provides an immediate response, to the point that we feel we are the only client he is tending this is a superb level of service, thank you Tony!

Pros

LEAP is an advanced platform that has assisted us tremendously and thanks to LEAP we have been able to work through the pandemic and serve out clients with minimal disruption. Our systems have been streamlined and staff can continue to work remotely, a true blessing!

Cons

I cannot think of any negative points. The software is more expensive than we would like but it's absolutely worth it.

Mike

LEAP - The right choice for SMB

LEAP is pretty much in a league of its own. There are other products trying to catch up and reach the same levels, but ultimately there isn't anything else comparable.

Pros

Being true Software as a Service, it is agile and aids real business continuity. Adding users, even from different locations is not a problem. With just an internet connection required to access the software.

Cons

There is some functionality that could be improved around efficient accounting for the actual accounts team. There are numerous reports that can be run, but you either have full access or no access, which is a real shame, with some reports being great and useful, others need some attention to improve to the same level.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

Its flexibility and mobility, ease of use and rollout, without the requirement of a large cash layout upfront.

Maria

Horizon Law Review

Although Leap is not perfect, in comparison to other case management systems it comes pretty close - so much easier to use and not over complicated.

Pros

Very intuitive, user friendly, layout is easy on the eye, entering information is not too repetitive, easy to find your way around when first time user.

Cons

Accountancy side of things can be confusing when going from old case management system to Leap, the "financial summary" tab could do with being slightly clearer. Documents in Outlook cannot be saved directly onto a client card, they can only be saved in the matter. You cannot copy and paste or drag and drop into Leap.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Contract up for renewal and not satisfied with product

Shehzad

Leap Review

Very good. It is a great software system that helps me with my work on a daily basis.

Pros

Customer Support is excellent from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Very good support from other members of the team too.

Cons

Difficulty in integrating outlook and word sometimes but this is improving.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

Leap offered a good package at the time and also had additional functions that other products did not.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Hi Shehzad, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to see you're enjoying the benefits of LEAP. If you require any additional assistance please contact success@leap.co.uk to speak to your Customer Success Manager.

Replied October 2021

Cheri

Leap

I was hopeful time capturing would improve for some of my timekeepers but, unfortunately, they are stubborn!

Pros

Once document templates are created for our use, it will be an outstanding tool for document automation. Setting up the templates is a bit tricky primarily because it is difficult to determine the best fields to use/pull from. We're fairly new to the whole process so I'm sure it will improve as time goes on and we get used to it.

Cons

The billing and reporting. Reporting is too limited and the billing process is very cumbersome.

Ease of use

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Both products were failing to keep with the times. TimeMatters was increasingly problematic with various issues over the last 5 years.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We're glad to see that your firm is benefitting from LEAP's document/court form automation features. We would like to speak to you more about the challenges your firm is facing with billing and reporting. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO.

Kristin

The Good, Bad and Ugly

Pros

We had never had a cloud based management system before, so considering that we made this change within the year of the pandemic hitting, the value to that feature is priceless; you can print directly to LEAP; easy integration with outlook (even though Outlook itself is not my favorite); The staff tries to be very helpful, although they do not always follow up if they dont have any answers for you; Leap has a few versions of docs that we feel are improvements over what we were using; Billing features.

Cons

We are in Massachusetts and cannot access E-File features with the courts through Leap; The system has lost address information and the capability to input it into many of our contact cards; Many document fields are inadequately set-up (maintain default names, refuse to accept checked boxes, skip sections); Invoices are confusing and do not specify the funds are received from retainers; invoices do not have a feature which specifies who has generated the billable hours (name of legal team member); does not show size of documents; not user friendly with copy/paste feature; only connects to one singular Quickbooks account (so you cannot interface with both operating and IOLTA accounts).

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Looking for cloud based program TurboLaw was selling people on Leap.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team welcomes all feedback so that we can continue to improve our software. We're glad to see that your firm is benefitting from LEAP's remote accessibility, billing features, and integrations. We would like to speak with you more about some of the challenges your firm is facing. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. We will be able to address many of these challenges including adding timekeeper information to an invoice, copy/paste shortcuts, and showing funds received from the retainer. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO.

Christopher D.

A solid choice on case management and overall firm matter management system

Pros

It might take a bit getting used to and when first creating a matter it takes a lot of data input, but once you get through that it makes everything you do on that matter in the future faster and easier. The forms generated pull from those data points and helps to speed up the process of writing everyday documents and even some motions in trial practice. It is a good place to store large files are larger cases in the cloud so that they do not clutter your office. Whenever I have an issue, customer support reaches out in the same day and resolves my issues.

Cons

I wish it handled a few more file extensions as some of our digital files would not upload correctly and we would need to reference such external media in addition to the use of LEAP to view everything on a certain matter.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for your review of LEAP. Our team is glad to hear that your law firm is benefitting from LEAP's comprehensive case management and document/court form automation features. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are constantly innovating LEAP to be the best legal software available for attorneys. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Brenda

Industry: Law Practice

Leap - excellent product and ease of use

Starting up with Leap and doing the change over was stressful, I would suggest that anyone who is changing to Leap would keep their old Case Management licence running for at least 3 months after the change over in case there is something that has been brought across incorrectly it just helps. When we started with Leap we did this and it worked out perfectly for us. Once we transferred over we got all the help and training we needed from Leap which was great and is on-going. Using Leap is very easy and we are planning on updating our training soon just to get to grips with the new options available in Leap. I have to say the support with Leap is brilliant, you can go on the Leap website/community page and put in your problem there and if there isn't a solution in that you can just email Leap support and they will be back to you, most times within the day but sometimes the next day but they are great at helping us.

Pros

When using the case management it is so easy to use from start to finish on a file, opening, setting up folders, using precedents, setting up cards for businesses and people. Also when posting funds received or disbursed is so easy and using it in conjunction with Xero for Office Accounts.

Cons

The only negative I would say is that there is no option for a telephone message on a Client's file. I have been directed to use the New Comment tab but this isn't at all helpful for telephone messages, you fill them in and they "eventually" get to the person they are for, also the notifications come up for everyone in everyone's notification lists which is time wasting. In our business Telephone Messages are critical to receive immediately and if there was a proper tab for Telephone Messages on a Client's file which would flash up to the fee earner that would be better as they would immediately know about the call and also it would be recorded on the file

Reasons for choosing LEAP

I received an email in from Leap in relation to their new Case Management Package about 3 -6 months prior to going with Leap and we were having so much trouble with eXpd8 and had been talking about changing for a good while before that, that I took out the email again and contacted Leap and on seeing what was offered we decided to change over.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Both the Case Management System and Accounts System is very difficult to use if you make the slightest change or mistake it can through out the accounts. Also we were not getting the support we needed and each time we went to ask for support we were being told "thats not covered in your support package" and also the costs of the support packages were extremely high and were going up constantly.

Clare

The best decision I ever made for our firm was to select LEAP.

We are forever marvelling at how complete the LEAP case management system is. The expression I find myself using for LEAP is "alive" - the product itself and the personnel are energetic and responsive, always growing and improving. It can be unnerving to rely so heavily on just one system yet I feel that our firm is in safe hands with LEAP.

Pros

LEAP manages to be complete and complex beneath the surface but appears to be so simple and clear on-screen. If one thinks that there is something that can't be done on LEAP, a simple chat with the helpdesk usually reveals that the facility required has been there all along and is easy to access (once you know how). The support is always fast and effective as well as pleasant and friendly. I also like the fact that LEAP are open to suggestion and discussion with the community about changes or additions to their software. It doesn't feel like a "like it or lump it" product. LEAP also introduced us to some other companies whose services integrate fully with LEAP and make processes seamless, thus saving precious time.

Cons

We hadn't used a dedicated case management system before so, initially, we found it difficult to get used to a whole new concept and there was a temptation to cheat and revert to our old processes. It took a while for us to overcome our fears of the unknown and to become accustomed to a new way of thinking. This was our failing, not LEAP's, but as complete rookies we could probably have done with a little more hand-holding. The early days were hard without a doubt but that is true of most dramatic changes. The benefits of having LEAP far outweigh that tough initial learning curve.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

LEAP covered all the areas of law we needed. The system appeared to be clear, complete and (relatively) easy to navigate. The per user/per month payment method was much more digestible than an up-front annual fee.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

We were using FiLOS for its accounting package but were unable to get to grips successfully with its case management offering.

William

from an Accountants perspective

We were looking to change our legal software, i researched approx 10 suppliers & narrowed it down to 3. I then took these 3 to the Partners, we finally decided to go with Leap. they are a multinational company & after speaking to several of the people who gave testimonies on the Leap website we decided they were probably giving an honest evaluation of their experience with the Leap software. One of the things i really liked about Leap from an Accountant's point of view is that they are a cloud based system which meant we could decommission our mainframe computers & close our i.t dept which had their own separate premises, so obviously the cost saving was enormous. Also Leap were cheaper than our previous software supplier & are paid monthly which helps with the cash flow situation. Keith Park prior to fixed fees were a very big company & we wanted to transport 10 years of old data into Leap, so it was a massive amount of data, this went like a dream & the staff at Leap were very helpful in this process. Finally i think another big advantage with Leap is that they don't pretend to have their own accounting system, our previous supplier did but it was useless!! Leap team up with Xero accounting software, this is another multinational company which is very popular, easy to use & costs only £28p.m contact me on [SENSITIVE CONTENT] if you need to know more

Pros

Cloud based system, easy to use, lots of online help using the Leap community or the Leap University for online video tutorials, also the connection to Xero Accounting system

Cons

Hard to think of any think really, all seems to be pretty good i must say, of course at first it's all very new & strange but then it always is no matter who we would have chosen

Reasons for choosing LEAP

cloud based, cheaper, more user friendly, better accounting system

Reasons for switching to LEAP

they forced us off their system stating that they were shutting that version down & replacing it with a more expensive up to date version, so we decided to shop around for cheaper alternatives now that we were no longer a big company

Helen

Industry: Law Practice

LEAP is worth a the LEAP of Faith if you are looking for a new case management software.

It has been easy to implement and generally easy for everyone to adopt and use. I would recommend that if you are looking for a cloud based case management system for Lawyers that you give LEAP a call for a demonstration.

Pros

We like the ease with which LEAP integrates with Microsoft products and the fact it was cloud based, which did come into its own over the past 18 months with staff moving to work from home. Time recording can be easily done when reviewing/typing up emails. Flexibility to set up precedents that work for your own practice or there are LEAP precedents that can be used as well. Using LawConnect, makes it straightforward to share documents with others securely. The team are constantly looking a developing the software to make improvements to the software. The integration with many APPs can bring more efficiencies. A good selection of reports that can be run to extract vital information for running your business. The integration with Xero accounting for the practice's own accounting is very good.

Cons

There has been work required to ensure the product can meet the accounts rules for Scotland and further developments are in progress with an imminent release which should make this easier . The online chat is great to get a quick answer but if you have a technical query, you have to wait for a call back and this can be frustrating as you may not be available when they call back. It would be better if an appointment system could be created so you know when to expect a call, even if 1/2 or hour windows. It is on the higher scale for cost but if you use the system as it is designed to be used, which may involve you changing your processes, efficiencies can be achieved, which goes towards offsetting the cost of the product.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Being cloud based product that enabled users to work on a desktop or mobile version was certainly one of the quick wins. It is fairly intuitive to use and has been easy to integrate into our existing processes and has made some much more efficient.

Linda

Industry: Law Practice

Leap is not perfect but it could be.

I actually love it. It has bern indispensable for operating remotely in 2020 and beyond

Pros

Billing and time keeping, email, the mobile app, case and document management,

Cons

The lack of available categories for matter types tgst reflect aspects of real law practice in Illinois

Leap was more comprehensive

User unfriendly

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for your review of LEAP Legal Software. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and our team is glad to hear that your firm is benefiting from LEAP's billing, instant time recording, email integration, document automation, and client management features along with remote accessibility with the LEAP mobile app. We are constantly updating LEAP with pre-configured matter types, and we would like to speak with you more about your firm's areas of law. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with one of our LEAP Practice Management Advisors. We look forward to continuing our efforts in making LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Replied August 2021

Dora

LEAP REVIEW

My overall experience with LEAP is a great experience. Everyone that I have been in contact with has been extremely helpful in everyway and very professional

Pros

I love that the mobile app for LEAP looks and performs as if you were at your desktop computer. I also find that the time entries and billing aspects could not get any easier.

Cons

What I am not liking about LEAP is when in LEAP and prepare an e-mail to anyone, it is not obvious where the subject line is pulling from. As I am a new user, I am currently waiting on my next training to use this feature because I find it more difficult to have the program put in an incorrect subject line and then have to change it every time I prepare a new e-mail. I would prefer that when entering information into LEAP that it say "e-mail subject line" or something that indicates where LEAP automatically gets this information from. My second con is that we are an insurance defense firm LEAP assumed that we were a plaintiff firm. What that means is that now I must go into each of our cases and change the information as our "client" is not the plaintiff.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

Because Lexis gave LEAP a great review.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

We wanted a more detailed and mobile friendly cloud based program. PCLaw has a cloud based program but that I was not the program we were using.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

We greatly appreciate your review of LEAP Legal Software. We are glad to see that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's mobile app and time recording and billing features. Your training should help you learn even more efficiencies with LEAP. In the meantime, you can also download our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Elisa

Industry: Law Practice

Better than competition but still a work in progress

Overall it has been relatively easy to learn. There are many aspects that I do not use on a daily basis and so I am not able to remember how to use them or where to find the tools to use them. I think that based upon all of the different legal management softwares I have used over the years, this one is by far the best of the bunch, but your promise of automation of forms, especially new forms is very slow and needs quite a bit of improvement. I like your chat help, they are actual humans and have always been helpful.

Pros

I like that everything is organized in the program and I have one place to find everything. I also like how easy it is to input my time.

Cons

I have issues with saving addresses into cards. There is a notes line that covers the "Save" button and it does not work. I have to do a workaround. I am constantly getting error messages about an LEAP Schema, even when I restart the computer and reinstalling has not helped. I do not like that I cannot find the subfolders in a matter where a document is located when I do a search. I do not like that I cannot change how the matters list documents - for a long time it was by date. Now in the last month or so it is alphabetical. I want to be able to customize this. I also don't like the billing - I try to generate a bill for my own time as I am of counsel. I cannot create a bill that has the matter number (and/or name) activity and HOURS spent. I only get the money piece. I have to use a staff/time activity and customize the document in Excel which is time consuming and clunky. I do not like that it takes so long for you to automate forms (such as the new NY POA and Medicaid documents) as this is the cornerstone of your sales pitch

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for your review of LEAP. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's centralized database and time recording features. Our team would like to speak with you more about some of the challenges your firm is facing. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also learn more about LEAP's features by downloading our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Charles

LEAP Into Success!

It has changed my practice in so many ways. Even if there were a better software, this software has been a game changer for this firm.

Pros

My personal favorite attribute to this software is the technical support behind it. The helpdesk at LEAP is by far the most proficient, responsive, respectful, diligent, and most importantly, the helpdesk with the most overall proficient technicians responding. Every technician I have every worked with, and I ask questions to them almost as often as if they were in my office sitting with me, has a comprehensive knowledge of the entire software. If there has been a unique issue, they have always solved it within minutes. They are truly amazing. My next favorite attribute is that the software becomes more useful and powerful with every piece of information you fill out. It requires the users to put the information into the system, but once it's there, what you can do with the information is where the dividends pay off. Clerks will spend far less time doing clerical work. Attorneys can draft better documents repeatedly in order to maximize time. Next, is the document automation. It is continually being developed as we continue to work. Being able to generate large documents that can be used repeatedly at a substantial fee is a valuable asset. I think my partner, who keeps our books, would say that the push over to Quickbooks feature is the best. It is timesaving and allows less room for error.

Cons

The accounting methodology is different from the US methodology causing a greater learning curve during the transition to LEAP.

Reasons for choosing LEAP

First, LEAP started with their customer service from the very beginning whereas some of the other companies above just told me to watch their demo when I reached out. LEAP sent to very professional sales representatives out to see me and show me their product in person and answered my questions. This has not stopped since my purchase. It's just different people answering the questions. As far as features go, there was only one or two features another program had that LEAP did not and the LEAP had that the other did not. The Quickbooks integrations was a key feature as a small firm. Time is money. In summary, it came down to one or two features and the invaluable customer service they provide.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

We need software that required less in house tech support. We needed document automation. We needed a software that kept better financial records. We needed software that was more integrated with other types of applications. We needed LEAP!

Response from LEAP Legal Software

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on our customer support team, online intake, document automation, and strong integrations with QuickBooks Online. At LEAP, we value our customers and pride ourselves on offering individual attention from consultation to training. We look forward to continuing our effort to make LEAP legal software a valuable asset to your law firm.

Replied April 2021

Don

Saves time, saves money.

Timekeeping is a huge benefit, along with keeping things organized.

Pros

LEAP allows me as a solo practitioner to do a lot of things well and efficiently. The document production software is excellent and I can use the mobile app to keep things moving even when I'm not in the office.

Cons

The mobile app does need better integration with the main product so it can be more useful. For example, being able to generate a new document would be very helpful from your phone. The RapidPay system also needs a revamp as well.

Better customer service.

You bought them.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for your review of LEAP Legal Software. Our team is glad to hear that your firm is benefiting from LEAP's remote accessibility as well as the instant time recording and document automation features. We greatly appreciate your feedback; at LEAP, we are committed to continuously innovating our software, helping law firms save time and make more money. We look forward to continuing our efforts in making LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Replied August 2021

Louise

Leap

Pros

When we made the decision to move to Leap in 2019 it was a daunting prospect transferring all of our data and retraining people but were put in touch with a project manager who guided us through the whole process. We are now into year 2 of using Leap and as consultancy firm it is important to us that our solicitors can work from wherever they choose, Leap allows us to do that, it's really changed the way that we work. The system is intuitive to use and Leap are very good at updating features and have a stack of helpful information/articles on their knowledge pages, I also love the live chat function meaning the majority of the time you can get an answer instantly from someone if you do have a problem. I'm not sure how we managed without it, having all of our documentation in one place, and the integrations with Infotrack have made our lives so much easier, especially with the new onboarding/AML tools via Ecos.

Cons

At first we found producing fixed fee invoices challenging but that was updated and improved shortly after we moved over to Leap and we have had no issues since.

LEAP