All LEAP Reviews

Lucy

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Fantastic Case Management System

It enables us to streamline all our cases, time management and billing.

PROS

From the outset I have found everything about Leap to be incredibly user friendly

CONS

Some of the bolt-ons look attractive but would increase our monthly expenditure beyond budget.

Value for money.

Cost and functionality.

Lynn

Law Practice, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2019

Formerly TurboLaw Billing Software

I have a negative attitude towards Leap in general because they interfered with the "good thing" I had with TurboLaw. I had several long telephone calls with Leap representatives to review all the functions that Leap has to offer, and I found that it was always much more than I was looking for in software for my small firm. I was very disappointed when Leap purchased TurboLaw and drastically increased the price without any grandfathering for existing TurboLaw customers.

PROS

I really liked this billing system. I found that it was not overly complicated to use, and it had all the functionality I needed (plus some additional functions that I could have used, but didn't venture into). The billing software was previously TurboLaw before Leap purchased it, and the price was very reasonable for the product provided - reasonable monthly fee for relatively simple software base.

CONS

When Leap purchased TurboLaw they more than tripled the monthly fee after just a few months. At that point, I went searching for a new billing system because it was too expensive for my small firm, and in my opinion, too expensive for what it had to offer. As a solo practitioner, I did not need anything fancy or expansive, and unfortunately Leap took this option away from me when they purchased TurboLaw.

Reason for choosing LEAP

I chose TurboLaw before it was purchased by Leap because it was easy to use and was a great price in comparison to most of the other programs out there. I have found that billing software can be very expensive, primarily because the software offers a lot of functions that a small (solo) firm does not necessarily need. So, I was looking for something simple to use without "too much" to offer.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

I was in a partnership using Timeslips off a server in the law firm. We closed the office and worked remotely without a server, so Timeslips became a problem for us to use remotely (there were errors occurring, and we were told that it was not set up for how we were trying to use it at that time). I went with TurboLaw because of the monthly price and the apparent ease of use. I was very happy with the switch at that time.

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We provide features based on user feedback. We are cloud-based with features like billing, forms (incl. REBA/TurboLaw), and more. Visit community.leap.us for training resources.

Replied January 2021

Owen

Reviewed June 2024

Dont try to exit early

Terrible. Never again - will tell all my colleagues to try a different product.

PROS

Trust accounting is solid and reliable and support was good.

CONS

The contract is terrible. You cant exit early even if you ask nicely. They will not let you out and WILL chase you and WILL send a collection agency after you and threaten to damage your credit rating. Its also very very expensive to get your data in a usable form when you leave.

Reviewed July 2021

Transition team is absolutely useless

horrible

PROS

The software itself is great once you understand how to use all the featured

CONS

The transition team is absolutely horrible. You can ask what to expect but they do jot communicate clearly and most of their answers are I don’t know. Expect that it will be two to three weeks after they capture your data before they actually upload it or are able to make your templates. The initial training is arranged for someone with an IQ Of about three. click on the button that says open matter to open a new matter. That is literally five to ten minutes of a trainer talking. If you ask how to link your word documents to Leap the trainer won’t know and then takes a month to get a response back to you. If you call tech support expect about the same level of knowledge. The templates are also incomplete. They have templates for adoption in Florida but not Oregon and once again no one can tell you how to make a custom template, even though the fields are there for Florida documents because you are in a different state you can’t use them in your template.

Reason for choosing LEAP

Customization options that your sales team showed but your trainers don’t know how to use

Online accessibility

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team welcomes all feedback so that we can continue to improve our software and implementations. We're glad to see that your firm is benefitting from LEAP's comprehensive practice management solution. However, we apologize that your installation experience was not up to par. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor as your law firm's fixed point of contact.

Tonya

Review for LEAP July, 2021

My experience with LEAP has been wonderful. There has never been a time that I have reached out that someone has not helped me. They really have been patient and kind with me.

PROS

There are so many things I like about leave. It really is hard to pick one thing. I would say being able to do almost everything through LEAP. I also love being able to work at home when I need too. It's GREAT!

CONS

I know that they are continuing to work on this issue, but getting forms for our State and making different types of Law this is more familiar with our office. For example we do a lot of mediation.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Honestly, I received an email from PC Law. I set up a time for the demo and the rest was history. I loved it so much that I discussed it with the partners in the office. They gave me the go ahead and now they love it too.

We appreciate your wonderful feedback. Our team is glad to hear that LEAP is allowing you to manage your entire practice, and from home when needed! At LEAP, we are committed to innovating our software, helping law firms save time and make more money. We are happy to see that LEAP is a valuable asset to your law firm!

Julian

Reviewed April 2024

Good product terrible support and aggressive pricing

Poor. LEAP has developed a good product, but it has not committed the resources required to support it, so if a technical issue does arise the time to resolve is significant. Practice Consultants are promoted by LEAP, but in reality, only promote additional add on products.

PROS

The product is mature and provides a complete law practice package including document storage, time reading, billing, trust accounting and matter management. Remote access is available and there are nice mobile app features available.

CONS

Alot of functionality is heavily promoted in LEAP marketing materials but requires additional premium third-party licenses. LEAP has a rigid pricing structure. There are no categories for admin staff vs fee earners etc. This means you must purchase a full license including precedent subscription for every staff member including casual and part-time staff. Technical support has declined dramatically in the past 6 months. We have waited over a week to have a support ticket acknowledged. Matter remains unresolved two weeks later. There is no transparent ticketing system for technical error. You are pushing onto the online chat which currently has wait times over an hour and the end result is to lodge a support ticket. Implementation was poorly handled with poor communication.

LaSheena

Reviewed January 2023

The idea is there but the follow-through needs some work

Overall Leap is a mixed bag. While the features they do have are robust. Several of the features that are advertised are not operational for US clients.I'm also concerned, and that you are required to stay in a trial period for "6 months" from the date of installation. And in order to be "eligible" to cancel the contract, you also have to have every user "actively engaged" with the software for the entire six month period or you can't be released from the contract. I should have realized that any entity that requires a mandatory "trial" period has a reason. This is very disheartening, because I honestly think in 4 or 3 years the software may be usable.All in all I feel like LEAP CRM over promises but under performs, and the lengthy duration of the trial period strongly indicates that they are aware of the problems.

PROS

The contact and matter cards are the best part of the CRM.

CONS

I disliked that several of the advertised features were not actually included once I already signed into a multi-year contract. Under the contract we were supposed to have immediate access to the client portal, it took over 6 weeks for the portal to be "setup." This resulted in a weird state of limbo regarding the transition. I also had concerns that they advertised a workflow procedure, but once we tried to use the workflow we were informed that it was only available in the UK, and no one could provide an estimate regarding when it would be available in the US. I'm also concerned that they require a third party to install the applications. Although the installation took about 15 minutes for each computer, the installer stayed active in one our firm computers for over 12 hours. When we asked about this potential data breach concern, no one followed up with us for weeks, then we were told "its ok nothing happened." That is a serious data breach issue.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

For reasons, that oddly enough were not fulfilled. Namely, more robust document automation, a client portal, and more comprehensive CRM.

Hi LaSheena, Thank you for your recent review of the LEAP legal practice productivity solution. The LEAP agreement is structured to provide users with long-lasting pricing security to ensure we can build a strong partnership with law firms while delivering ongoing efficiency and value to our users. LEAP employees and our certified independent consultants are subject to strict contractual obligations to protect client confidentiality. We perform over 300 transitions a year from over 20 software products to provide a personalized, seamless, secure, and efficient transition process with the individual law firm's best interest in mind. As you mentioned, LEAP offers many robust features to ensure you have everything you need to run a law firm in one solution. You can access free ongoing support for all features through the User Portal to ensure you and your staff get the most out of the legal practice productivity solution. You can access the User Portal here: https://bit.ly/3FkiMNV. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope these resources help LEAP provide additional value to your law firm!

Replied May 2023

Lots of Promises but Subpar execution

Productivity has increased in many areas, but is offset by the deficiencies in the billing, calendaring, and phone messages which create additional work for the staff. When we were having major billing issues, they did send somebody to the office to follow up and get feedback, some of which has since been implemented and had made the billing process much less cumbersome.

PROS

Document automation and forms for various areas of practice increase productivity.

CONS

Billing system feels incomplete, calendaring in this program is basically non-existent as Outlook is where the calendar is stored. The calendaring has caused many issues and resulted in missed appointments. Additionally, there is no dedicated section for phone messages and makes it difficult for the attorneys to check messages without bouncing from file to file and reading the "comment" which contains a phone message.

Reason for choosing LEAP

LEAP seemed like a strong fit for the firm, but unfortunately the software has not lived up to the expectations that were set and it feels very incomplete in many areas.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Promises of streamlining our office management and increasing productivity without having to overhaul our system. Amicus refused to update our software unless we purchased a new server.

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team is glad to see that your firm has increased productivity and is benefiting from LEAP's document and court form automation. We would like to hear more about some of the challenges you are facing. Please contact one of our LEAP Practice Management Advisors by emailing pma@leap.us. We look forward to meeting with you soon. In the meantime, you can also learn more about how to use LEAP efficiently with our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO.

Jordan

Reviewed November 2020

Best Legal Software Around!

PROS

LEAP is excellent for automating documents so that you don't have to waste time typing in generic information that is in all your documents and letters. It is excellent to keep all your documents in one place on each matter and if you are in court, the phone app is a must! Making the switch from our outdated practice management software to LEAP was the best decision for our practice!

CONS

If you are a volume practice, invoicing by matter becomes a bit overwhelming, but it's just something you have to get used to. Being that it's cloud based software, you also have to wait some time for documents to load.

Reason for choosing LEAP

Didn't have LEAP's functionality. It was very limited.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Outdated software, too expensive.

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our automated forms and documents, matter management, mobile app, and making the switch. We are committed to helping law firms like yours.

Replied January 2021

Casey

Reviewed July 2021

Overall I am happy with it.

PROS

The program is easy to use. It allows all of us to work from remote locations and still be able to work on the same client matter.

CONS

The number of steps necessary to implement some of the features is frustrating. I feel that some of the steps are unnecessary and that there should be a simpler way. I also find it hard to find some of the answers to questions and find myself reaching out via email to the tech support team frequently.

price and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Because we wanted to have a cloud based product.

Thank you for your review of LEAP. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's ease of use, remote accessibility, and comprehensive matter management features. You can learn more about LEAP's features by downloading our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Janice

Unhappy customer

NONE. In addition, loading LEAP on our computers has slowed their functionality and the attorneys hate it!

PROS

Nothing. I've been in this business over 45 years. Most difficult software I have ever used

CONS

Your "support" and I use that term loosely, is horrific. There is only one "consultant" who ever knows how to fix anything. Unless I get that guy, it's pretty much over. Consultants are obviously talking to 3 and 4 people at the same time they are "chatting" with me and it takes forever for them to respond. God forbid it has to go to a higher authority. It takes days to get anyone to call back.

Wasn't my choice.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

It was not my choice. We needed an upgraded billing system and the attorneys wanted a document management system. The partner who made the choice knew/knows nothing about either program.

Thank you for your review. Our team welcomes all feedback so that we can continue to improve our software and support. We would like to speak with you about your use of our software. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Cheryl

Reviewed July 2021

Not a user friendly program and very hard to work on Leap documents.

I still find it hard that you can't just call technical support and have to make an appt. a couple of days out or wait all day for a return call.

PROS

the detailed cards for the plaintiff, defendant, opposing counsel, etc.

CONS

This software is not user friendly and complicated to learn/use.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

The salesman made Leap look more efficient. Was not the case.

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Our team is glad to see that your firm is benefiting from LEAP's matter management capabilities. We would like to hear more about some of the challenges you are facing. Please contact one of our LEAP Practice Management Advisors by emailing pma@leap.us. Our LEAP Support team is also available via online chat, on LEAP Community, with an average 13-second response time. We look forward to speaking with you soon. In the meantime, you can learn more about how to use LEAP efficiently with our Remote Training Catalog: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO.

Nicole

Great software

Overall I like LEAP.

PROS

The basic features of LEAP are very user friendly. Time keeping/management is great.

CONS

The emails get saved in various places - would be better if they automatically went into one place. Misc. errors when opening Adobe pdfs. The formatting of documents is sometimes difficult to edit.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Seemed like a more efficient way to manage files.

Thank you for your review of LEAP Legal Software. Our team is glad to hear that your law firm is benefiting from LEAP's ease of use and instant time recording features. We would like to speak with you about the challenges you are facing with email and document management. Please email pma@leap.us to contact one of our LEAP Practice Management Advisors, a free resource for all our users. We want to make sure your firm is utilizing all of LEAP's features and integrations to make your practice management as efficient as possible. We can also import your firm's templates. We look forward to continuing our efforts in making LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Replied August 2021

Kalie

Leap Review

PROS

It is definitely a good product to wrap all office components, time keeping, documents and billing features.

CONS

The document templates are finicky. Sometimes the features don't translate well.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Did not like Clio's billing systems, very unfriendly to users.

Thank you for your review of LEAP Legal Software. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and our team is glad to hear that your firm is benefiting from LEAP's comprehensive practice management, instant time recording, document, and billing features. We would like to hear more about some of the challenges you are facing. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with one of our LEAP Practice Management Advisors. We look forward to speaking with you soon and continuing to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm!

Replied August 2021

Carol

Not quite sold

There was not sufficient training to get up and running. Thankfully, customer service is readily available and, for the most part, easy to work with. From the office management side, I believe PC Law does a better job of handling billing and accounting. At this point, I am still learning the system and making adjustments, so, hopefully, I will gain some appreciation going forward. We are a small firm located in Iowa. I don't think some of the features/selling points apply to a) a small firm and b) an Iowa firm - for example: why isn't Probate or Estate a choice for Matter Type?

PROS

Customer support is top notch - accessible and knowledgeable. LEAP does a nice job of organizing clients and allowing us to search for clients. I appreciate that all documents can be saved right in the matter and that emails sent from within the program are saved in the matter. We are a smaller firm, so there are several features that we don't need/use. Balancing the trust account is a breeze!

CONS

I would like a client's phone number to be more readily accessible. Why can't it be displayed on the Details & Correspondence tab when the matter opens? I prefer to have the billing and accounting in one place. While on the surface, it seems a nice feature to "push" to QuickBooks online, it is confusing as LEAP is pushing transactions while QBO is pulling transactions from the bank account. Balancing the operating account is cumbersome and time consuming. While I appreciate being able to save emails in the matter, I don't like that it saves EVERY reply or forward thereafter. I should be able to choose whether or not the ensuing emails are saved.

Reasons for switching to LEAP

Because we needed to update our server, and those who control the purse strings thought we were paying too much for a server and software.

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We're glad to see that your firm is benefitting from LEAP's centralized client management, document automation, and trust accounting features. We would like to speak with you more about the challenges your firm is facing with balancing your operating account. Please email pma@leap.us to connect with your dedicated Practice Management Advisor. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are constantly innovating LEAP to accommodate all major areas of practice and look forward to making LEAP a valuable asset to your firm.

William

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

from an Accountants perspective

We were looking to change our legal software, i researched approx 10 suppliers & narrowed it down to 3. I then took these 3 to the Partners, we finally decided to go with Leap. they are a multinational company & after speaking to several of the people who gave testimonies on the Leap website we decided they were probably giving an honest evaluation of their experience with the Leap software. One of the things i really liked about Leap from an Accountant's point of view is that they are a cloud based system which meant we could decommission our mainframe computers & close our i.t dept which had their own separate premises, so obviously the cost saving was enormous. Also Leap were cheaper than our previous software supplier & are paid monthly which helps with the cash flow situation. Keith Park prior to fixed fees were a very big company & we wanted to transport 10 years of old data into Leap, so it was a massive amount of data, this went like a dream & the staff at Leap were very helpful in this process. Finally i think another big advantage with Leap is that they don't pretend to have their own accounting system, our previous supplier did but it was useless!! Leap team up with Xero accounting software, this is another multinational company which is very popular, easy to use & costs only £28p.m contact me on [SENSITIVE CONTENT] if you need to know more

PROS

Cloud based system, easy to use, lots of online help using the Leap community or the Leap University for online video tutorials, also the connection to Xero Accounting system

CONS

Hard to think of any think really, all seems to be pretty good i must say, of course at first it's all very new & strange but then it always is no matter who we would have chosen

Reason for choosing LEAP

cloud based, cheaper, more user friendly, better accounting system

Reasons for switching to LEAP

they forced us off their system stating that they were shutting that version down & replacing it with a more expensive up to date version, so we decided to shop around for cheaper alternatives now that we were no longer a big company

Brenda