All MyCase Reviews

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Nancy

Reviewed July 2023

Definitely recommend

Our firm loves MyCase. It's user-friendly and packed with amazing features that have helped us achieve a 245% growth rate over the last year. I have been so impressed with MyCase that I became a certified MyCase consultant so I can help other firms experience these game-changing benefits.

PROS

My favorite features in MyCase are the case management, client management, document management, templates and automation.

CONS

I don't like that the invoices aren't more customizable and that the billing and invoicing aren't compatible with contingency firms. I also with MyCase would integrate with a VOIP phone system like Ring Central so we can automate some of our calling procedures.

Reason for choosing MyCase

These are all great products, and the features only vary slightly from MyCase. The decisiding factor for our firm was cost.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Cost and the need to update our technology

Legal Services, 1 employee

Best Case Management Software Out There and I've Tried Almost All of Them

Best that's out there for sure. I've used at least 6 different Case Managment Systems in the past but this is by far the best.

PROS

The sheer amount of features. I have both billable and contingency fee cases and MyCase covers both. It also feels more polished than other CMS's other there. For some reason, the other CMS's I've used feel cheap and bare bones and you have to build everything up. MyCase gets you started quickly because it starts with a default template.

CONS

I wish it was a little bit more customizable.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

FileVine was just not as robust in terms of features. I also tried Casepeer, Clio, Smokeball, PracticePanther, Firm Central, etc. I prefer MyCase for its ease of use, robust features, and customer service. It has the best balance of everything.

Joedy

Recommended Changes

It's OK. I feel like it has room for improvement. I don't like that I can no longer email from MyCase portal. That makes it hard and more work for me to connect my emails to cases on MyCase.

PROS

I like cloud storage and time tracking. I like that I can download all of my case documents.

CONS

I wish it would link cases to emails via Thunderbird and other apps. Also, wish it links incoming and outgoing emails, not just outgoing. Wish it can do drag and drop or ctrl+select instead of clicking on each document that i want to select to do things with. Practice Panther has a better interface than MyCase in that regards.

Beth

Reviewed November 2023

Hard to Use program

My experience was terrible and I felt I was left on my own to try to figure out this complicated system.

PROS

Simply stated, there is really nothing about the product I liked.

CONS

The billing does not always show what is in the trust account and when I asked a person to assist on the phone she claimed she was too busy to assist with all my questions so I felt I was on my own to figure it out.

Reason for choosing MyCase

I am not sure what other products are out there but I am sticking to QuickBooks.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Because I thought I could share documents online and have clients pay bills online. However, found out that I had a separate charge for online payments that was much greater than what I was using. I am switching back to everything I had before.

Kyle

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2023

Very Frustrating Experience

I was trying to make my business more efficient, but the platform has so many categories and sub-categories, that navigating it is complicated.They literally could not integrate my Google calendar into the MyCase calendar, which is one of the basic functions of the software. The process to create signature templates is difficult.

PROS

I don't even use it, so hard to say. It has a lot of features that could potentially be useful.

CONS

Before I subscribed, their sales person hounded me like nobody's business. Now that I'm a subscriber and I have paid, they could not care less. Their technical support is clueless and apathetic.The document integration process is cumbersome and there are too many different ways to categorize information that are too similar.

Jeffrey

Reviewed March 2021

Maybe the best bang for your buck. Which is ok for a hamburger

It is a great software for the price. However, when it comes to software, it should either be right or it is wrong. This is not like a hamburger where a McDonald's hamburger is great for the price. For law, you need a steak burger.

PROS

The software does the billing and case management ok. The price point is very good for this product. The customer support is one of the best I have experienced. They are constantly making improvements to the software. Calendaring software works well. The payment of invoices is seamless. This works perfectly.

CONS

The software lacks a few features. For example, you have to manually bill each and every client. Also, if you have over 100 clients, then I am not sure how you keep track of invoicing them. Here are a few basic items that I think are important but are lacking: You can not set a minimum balance for a client that automatically goes on the bill. You cannot apply payments to one particular case. It gets applied to the client, not the case. Money is paid or requested by client. So, a client with multiple cases, is an issue. Drafting of documents is horrible. It controls fonts and layouts and is just bad. I use it to merge and then use Word to fix it up.

Reason for choosing MyCase

What the products offered, the recommendations online and the price.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

It allowed using the phone for entering time slips, calendaring... And for the price it made sense. I did not realize that the basic items I needed were not available.

Craig

Best Investment

Love it. Always recommend it to anyone I speak with.

PROS

The ease of use. And the app which makes life easy when out of the office.

CONS

A little expensive. I feel that as the firm has grown it’s become costly and there should be a better rate for over 10-20 users.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Felt it was easier to use. Liked the overall feel and layout.

Allison

PI Litigation Paralegal/Satisfied

My overall experience with MyCase is excellent. I haven't had any major problems and the attorneys find it easy to work with.

PROS

M Case is user-friendly and needed if you are a law firm or solo practitioner. I find this helpful for those attorneys/paralegals who work with multiple attorneys in different states. It is also super helpful for PI cases such as soft tissue, litigation cases.

CONS

At this time I don't have any Cons, as our firm grows and the usage for My Case becomes greater, I may have some suggestion for improvement.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Clio is a little difficult to use, and most of the paralegals spent more time trying to learn the system than actually working on their case.

G Cleveland

Reviewed February 2024

MyCase is an excellent client management and billing program

Overall my experience with MyCase has brought absolute relief to the client management, document management and billing process. I have done my best to get other attorneys to use MyCase and will continue to highly recommend MyCase. The cost/benefit ratio is excellent.

PROS

MyCase is so user friendly for client management and document transfer. It is incredibly user friendly for time entries, billing and uploading documents. It is also intuitive for finding contacts and documents. Additionally, the key word search capabilities are wonderfully easy and intuitive.

CONS

Making the view of folders and documents compact

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Tabs 3/Practice Master did not have an online version and the price for MyCase is so much more competitive

anthony

Great product

Overall a great experience and worth the money.

PROS

Great product. Easy to learn how to use. Great and responsive customer service that will add features upon request.

CONS

More expensive than some other options. Some of the cost tracking can be confusing.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Chose MyCase because it was more cost-effective than some and had more options than others.

My MyCase Experience

It's been good. I tried another service and did not like it as much, so I switched back to MyCase.

PROS

I found the interface particularly easy to work with, easy to set up. Very intuitive.

CONS

That I have to pay for a seat just for my bookkeeper to pull my monthly reports.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Clio's interface was not intuitive, just didn't look and feel as clean.

Jamie

Reviewed February 2024

Great tool for my start-up!

It has been a dream to use. My new firm is well grounded and ready to take off.

PROS

MyCase was simple to start using. It is intuitive and once you get it's design, it works very nicely. The internal reminders and messages features help my team keep every case moving.

CONS

MyCase could needs to be more forgiving on a mistake and allow a Note to move from the wrong case file. It also needs to allow for a capture of time for LEADS so they may be billed when they convert.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Better pricing and integrations were available for a new start-up.

Barbara

Wow!! How easy is this.

Overall, after finally convincing myself to take advantage of the full capabilities of MyCase I can't live without it.

PROS

The ability to track everything just as I would if using a paper file, and calendar is great.

CONS

I find it a bit of a nuisances that I cannot past into the search bar. If I copy a name or case number, I have to type a character in the search bar then highlight it and paste my search. I would rather just paste my info and go.

Brian

Reviewed February 2024

I wish I hadn’t waited so long

PROS

MyCase is super easy to use, powerful, and makes billing and keeling clients informed, as well as having an easy to use electronic file simple.

CONS

I wish it integrated with onedrive, but that’s not a huge issue.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Better price for features offered; Clio was similar but more expensive.

GERSON

Law Practice, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

MyCase and its role on a Law Firm that helps Victims of Domestic Violence

It has been amazing. There're few platforms on the industry that are as useful as MyCase is. MyCase is full of functions that don't require users in the industry to constantly look for third party platforms.

PROS

It's easy to keep track of everything. Although the panel has many functions available, it doesn't look overflowed or difficult to use. The design is really well structured, loading time is amazing and the app interaction is really comfortable.

CONS

It would be useful to be able to access more information about other people on the Law Firm. Also, client filtering while searching for them, sometimes it shows other people first that doesn't match much the name on the input. Lastly, it would be good if there could be a way to see a log of searched clients or actions done from my account.

Majken

Reviewed January 2020

MyCase Daily User Experience

MyCase has been a wonderful tool for our firm. It allows for a more digital experience for both users and clients. MyCase is always updating to stay ahead of the current trends and needs, and they never take a long time to correct issues when they are reported. I love the MyCase staff which is always helpful and willing to explain things so we better understand why or why not something is the way it is. I will be happy telling others of the useful and customization features within MyCase. The support staff and product managers are always willing to help and take suggestions, which they tend to implement if they can. I have had a ton of ideas implemented which makes our daily activities easier. Overall, this software is pretty user friendly, high ability to customize a lot of areas, an all in one type of feel and beneficial for any office looking to go more digital.

PROS

What I love the most about this software is that it's always updating features and areas of needed interest. I love that the MyCase team is always there to take a concern, suggestion or edit that may be needed or wanted. I love that it's ALMOST an all in one system. I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support. I love that MyCase is always willing to update to stay current.

CONS

What I like least about this software is the inability to filter OPEN and CLOSED cases in the Trust Account Activity and Trust Account Summary. We use this section for a quick check on which cases has a balance and which cases don't, but it shows EVERY case we have in MyCase without a way to filter out Closed. We have far too many cases open to check one by one. I also like least about this software that you have to request engineering to re-add Contact Groups that you delete, when it was added by the end user in the first place. An accidental delete of a contact group takes too much involvement to have re-added and we end up creating new ones. I also like least about this software that the App and the Desktop version are so much different in a few areas that are used most in our office.

Reason for choosing MyCase

Essentially MyCase was chosen based on the features, support information, price and newness of the software. Reviewing was done extensively before choosing MyCase and in the end MyCase won. I just wish that we were told about the 10% OBA Member discount from the start since it was available and not known until we referred another firm and they were able to get it, then it was not allowed to be retro-active. Someone should check new customer discounts upon start up or each year to ensure you are providing that information to your customers. Knowing we could save that from the start and it was not mentioned was slightly unfair feeling. It was added to the next invoice when WE requested it.

Margaret