What are MyCase users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MyCase software through verified user reviews

• icon"All your cases and documents are on hand at all times. The new email and text messaging integration are great tools to keep all communication in one place."
  • icon"The client portal is great for sharing documents and more secure than email. I have not utilized it as much as I could for workflows/deadlines, but we are constantly improving on that."
  • icon"The on boarding process was outstanding; this produce is easy to use, with an intuitive interface that requires minimal training."
  • icon"It controls fonts and layouts and is just bad. I use it to merge and then use Word to fix it up."
  • icon"The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions."
  • icon"Inability to get rid of button that the client clicks to pay with a credit card."

Browse all MyCase Reviews

• Have you used MyCase and would like to share your experience with others?

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Ease of Use and Best in Class

M. Wayne

Easy and Efficient Case Management

I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.

Pros

From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

Cons

The creation of Automated documents has been disappointing. The feature exists but is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for customers like you that have been with us since the beginning, and who help us continue to improve and grow. We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties with the recent document and Dropbox updates, and a member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail. We look forward to many more years of partnership and continuing to improve your experience!

Replied December 2018

Willem Galen

April 2022

It's easy to use and you can start simply and add features

I have practiced for a long time. When I began I worked for a big firm that valued tracking billing time above all else. This was a good experience. When I started my firm I was always good at keeping track of time. Mycase makes it easier. A lawyer rarely bills all their time. But tracking every minute should be the goal. Integration of docu-sign and ability to keep all data about a case within the software makes for more efficient practice.

Pros

The time recording, case/contact data storage, docusign, billing features are what I started using. I used abacus before cloud based practice mgt software was available. I have used Clio. Mycase is more intuitive than other practice mgt software programs with which I have experience. It is easier to use. I was slow to use some of the better features like templates. I realized that I could distinguish my firm by completing tasks quicker than average for the industry. Using electronic data forms allows us to obtain relevant data from customer and swiftly prepare the pleadings necessary to initiate case or respond to case and to prepare pleadings for requesting temporary relief orders from the court. We are continuing to explore the use of templates. Our goal is to have the petition or response, the declaration regarding minors, the income and expense declaration, the request for orders all template based. Having calendar synced is good. Having email synced is great. Ensures all time is considered for billing.

Cons

Slightly more detail on creation of templates from judicial council forms would be helpful. I imagine CA is a big market. CA has court approved forms for civil litigation and family law. Family law is the most form driven area of CA state litigation. Why not pre-load Petition FL-100, Summons FL-110, Response FL-120, Declaration re Minors FL-105, Income and Expense Declaration FL-150, Request for Orders FL-300, Responsive Decl Request for Orders FL-320, Asset and Debt Declarations FL-142 and FL-160 into mycase? If you do you will have a marketing tool for family law attorneys.

Reasons for choosing MyCase

I explained above. Your software is more intuitive and easier.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Used mycase for a bit. I think I had a free one week trial. Way more intuitive.

Erin

Industry: Law Practice

Okay for a very small firm

Pros

The client portal feature of the software is great. (Although we got a lot of complaints about the app.)

Cons

The company rolls out updates CONSTANTLY and they don't seem to beta test any of them first! There are constantly issues. I can't even pull accurate reports, I informed the company of the issue over a year ago and they still haven't corrected it, so I can't pull accurate income or billable reports. They seem more interested in releasing "the next big thing" rather than focusing on basics and standard functionality, which is disappointing. Such as the calendar- it seems standard to be able to drag an event to a new time frame, have alerts, etc, but features on basics like that are missing. We tried to work with the developers and made the software work as long as possible, but in the end we made the decision to switch.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

We had to have accurate figures on income and a product that fit the needs of our growing firm. The program is also not customizable at all- so if you don't set up your firm (including payment options) exactly like other firms, you're out of luck. And you better hope your clients pay the invoices in full each month, because any balance that forwards to a following month throw a wrench in their system and throws off all systems and numbers/reports.

Response from MyCase

Hi Erin, thank you for your honest review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, it is one of our primary goals at MyCase to add high-value features based on feedback from customerrs like you. A member of our product team has reached out to hear more about your firm's needs so that we can better partner with you moving forward. We hope to continue our partnership and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Replied June 2020

Alec Anton

March 2022

Absolutley essential to running my firm in an organised manner.

I had been working in a previous firm that involved me trialing a number of different practice management applications and when it came time to choose a product for my new firm I didn't think twice before selecting MyCase. I find all of the functionality to be very useful and professional - including signatures, billing, on-boarding forms and of course the client portal. All of these practice management applications are similar in nature and I guess depends upon the user, but MyCase in my opinion is superior to Clio, Practice Panther, Rocket Matter etc. in terms of functionality, aesthetics, client experience and importantly - cost.

Pros

I think the layout is extremely professional when compared with other similar applications such as Practice Panther or Clio. I find the user interface to be intuitive and rate the security features.

Cons

I really cannot see any faults, it is definitely the best option available for most lawyers without going into expensive customised applications for large firms.

Reasons for choosing MyCase

Functionality, Aesthetics, Cost, Client Portal, Security and Learning Curve.

Jeffrey

Maybe the best bang for your buck. Which is ok for a hamburger

It is a great software for the price. However, when it comes to software, it should either be right or it is wrong. This is not like a hamburger where a McDonald's hamburger is great for the price. For law, you need a steak burger.

Pros

The software does the billing and case management ok. The price point is very good for this product. The customer support is one of the best I have experienced. They are constantly making improvements to the software. Calendaring software works well. The payment of invoices is seamless. This works perfectly.

Cons

The software lacks a few features. For example, you have to manually bill each and every client. Also, if you have over 100 clients, then I am not sure how you keep track of invoicing them. Here are a few basic items that I think are important but are lacking: You can not set a minimum balance for a client that automatically goes on the bill. You cannot apply payments to one particular case. It gets applied to the client, not the case. Money is paid or requested by client. So, a client with multiple cases, is an issue. Drafting of documents is horrible. It controls fonts and layouts and is just bad. I use it to merge and then use Word to fix it up.

Clio and PracticePanther Legal Software

Reasons for choosing MyCase

What the products offered, the recommendations online and the price.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

It allowed using the phone for entering time slips, calendaring... And for the price it made sense. I did not realize that the basic items I needed were not available.

Jessica

One Program for Every Law Office Need

Pros

The best thing about this software program is that we only need this one program for all of our needs. We use this for calendaring, client and case info, invoicing, online and in office payments. We used to have 3 separate programs for all of the above, now it is all in one place.

Cons

Nothing. This program is everything we need.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

PCLaw was difficult to navigate, was constantly not working properly, and did not tend to all of our needs.

Essential Tool for a Law Firm

Pros

Client invoicing and time tracking make this product stand out.

Cons

The program does everything we need it to do. I cannot think of anything to change.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Lexis was unable to work in the cloud at the time.

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Without Mycase I don't believe I would have been able to start and build my practice as I have.

Pros

I love the ability to have all my cases available via digital. I can share the documents with my clients and communicate with them via the client portal. All in one solution.

Cons

I would like them to have more integration, like with Onedrive, Google Drive.

Reasons for choosing MyCase

Same as above. Price, ease of use and all the features included in Mycase made me switch. Also, Mcase built my website.

Debra

April 2022

Extremely happy with the purchase and not sure how I would manage my work world without it. I utilize the info screen, documents, timer & tasks

Pros

I was in need of a legal case management system as prior to this I was working off G Suite (which I continue to use in conjunction) but could not get organized. I need to request and obtain medical records in a secure platform. Prior to this system it was near impossible for me to keep track of missing information and timely follow up. I love that I can share my work with my clients.

Cons

I do wish I could share the "info" page with them and I have been unable to figure out how to formulate letters in the system. I use google and MS and drop them into documents. It would be preferable if I could separate out the recent activity from what I have done v what my client has completed. As I do the majority of work in the system it is a long list of what I dropped into Mycase or completed and what my clients have dropped into documents can get lost in the list.

Matthew

December 2021

A great product for small firms.

Excellent. Their customer service team has been very responsive the few times I've had to contact them. Overall I feel using the software has been beneficial to my practice.

Pros

The time tracking and billing management components of the service are fantastic. It allows me to easily send bills to clients and links for those clients to pay. The addition of electronic signatures is great. Clients find it easy to use and my office finds it easy to manage.

Cons

I would like it if there were multiple billing tiers for a single file, such as different rates for office and Court time.

April 2022

Pros

Integration with Microsoft documents and e-mails.

Cons

Stopped supporting Outlook sync. E-mail sync is important to us.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Thomson sunsetted the product.

Jillian

December 2021

MyCase is critical to our law practice

We are able to track multiple litigation cases in MyCase to keep our practice on track, including notes, tasks, billing and documents.

Pros

We love the electronic signature feature. The case management ability of this product is great. I think we could learn more features, including document tracking. We allow clients to upload their documents into their MyCase file for bankruptcy cases, a big time saving feature. The billing feature is really great for us. It saves time, using the billing features, the invoices look wonderful.

Cons

There is really nothing that I don't like about the software.

Reasons for choosing MyCase

We liked to price point of MyCase and the ease of use.

Donnica

Best Practice Management Software

I love MyCase and recommend to everyone I can!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is super easy to use.

Cons

The ONLY thing I don't like about this software is that it does not have the ability to sync with GoogleDrive for easier sharing options and document integration.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Cheaper, simpler, more user-friendly, better features

Craig

Amazing

Excellent!

Pros

Amazing legal software. It comes highly recommended.

Cons

I can't think of anything. maybe automatic document generation

Caleb

May 2022

Easily the best case management software on the market

Pros

Functionality. Easy to learn, easy to use.

Cons

There are no down sides, besides it does not tell you lead attorney in the app.

Jimmy

Best Law Firm Management Software

Mycase allows me to safely double the amount of cases I am handling without any additional stress or pressure.

Pros

The software's ease of use and built in time tracking and billing components.

Cons

I wish they would integrate the software with one of the big virtual receptionist companies.

Reasons for choosing MyCase

I did a lot of research and the ease of use of the phone app was the key.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Prior law firm had a hybrid system using multiple pieces of software to accomplish was MYcase does under one roof.

Brent

A Great Product That Continues to Grow and Bring Value

MyCase has provided the opportunity for my firm to coordinate activity between staff, set and track critical date, as well as maintain an overall awareness of the business from a financial standpoint.

Pros

Ease of use. Receptiveness to adding services and options. The ability to track leads. Dropbox integration. Billing is institutive.

Cons

Would like top see the options in the mobile app catchup with the online capabilities, especially accepting payments.

Reasons for choosing MyCase

Cost point. At the time I signed up, the features offered by MyCase were al la cart options that drove the cost up had I subscribed to Clio.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

I moved from Clio to CosmosLex with the idea of having more reporting options. It ended up not being a good fit. When determining to leave ComoLex I had to determine if I was going back to Clio or to do something else. I had previously looked at MyCase prior to going to :CosmoLex and decided to look at it again then made the switch..

Margaret

Industry: Law Practice

Mycase has made billing so much easier

The biggest problem it solved for me was prompt invoicing and trust account management.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Excellent online tutorials and telephone support. I can put invoices together so quickly and I have all of my contacts and important info at my fingertips. Also, available for use on my iPad. I've recommended mycase to other attorneys.

Cons

I wish it integrated with my automated forms. Unfortunately I'm wrapping up my use of mycase because I found another practice management software which works with my automated forms which means that I only have to enter certain information once. It is unfortunate because I don't like the new practice management software as much.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Because I could access it online and from a mac. Amicus didn't have that capability at at the time.

Rachelle

Love the system

I’m very very happy with mycase.

Pros

Client management is incredibly easy with this software. Keeps all Court dates, documents, billing, etc. I can select what I want the client to see too, which also keeps them from calling constantly as they can see what’s going on in their case. I can also do weekly billing and see who exactly is overdue. We also do weekly calendar meetings to assess any upcoming conflicts on the calendar. It is all very user friendly and pretty intuitive. This is my favorite client management software.

Cons

The mobile app. Being a litigation attorney, I am in court all the time. So using the app is my saving grace for many things, but it needs some serious updating. You can still see your calendar and still see that people are overdue (but can’t see by how much or when). It’s easy to access the clients information so you can call them if you put their number in the system, etc. However, you can’t open invoices to see the details. I’ve noticed I can’t open signed documents on my phone either (that I’ve had clients sign through mycase) I can only open unsigned ones. Inputting client court dates into the calendar from the phone is tricky too because it is easy to skip over checking the clients box or other attorneys to appear as you have to go into each individual one. Whereas on the computer this process is very easy. So there are some definitely necessary updates in the mobile app part of this.

Clio

Majken

MyCase Daily User Experience

MyCase has been a wonderful tool for our firm. It allows for a more digital experience for both users and clients. MyCase is always updating to stay ahead of the current trends and needs, and they never take a long time to correct issues when they are reported. I love the MyCase staff which is always helpful and willing to explain things so we better understand why or why not something is the way it is. I will be happy telling others of the useful and customization features within MyCase. The support staff and product managers are always willing to help and take suggestions, which they tend to implement if they can. I have had a ton of ideas implemented which makes our daily activities easier. Overall, this software is pretty user friendly, high ability to customize a lot of areas, an all in one type of feel and beneficial for any office looking to go more digital.

Pros

What I love the most about this software is that it's always updating features and areas of needed interest. I love that the MyCase team is always there to take a concern, suggestion or edit that may be needed or wanted. I love that it's ALMOST an all in one system. I love that you can do customizing within the software on the end user side as well, without having to contact MyCase for most of them. I love that this is easy to learn, use and contact support. I love that MyCase is always willing to update to stay current.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the inability to filter OPEN and CLOSED cases in the Trust Account Activity and Trust Account Summary. We use this section for a quick check on which cases has a balance and which cases don't, but it shows EVERY case we have in MyCase without a way to filter out Closed. We have far too many cases open to check one by one. I also like least about this software that you have to request engineering to re-add Contact Groups that you delete, when it was added by the end user in the first place. An accidental delete of a contact group takes too much involvement to have re-added and we end up creating new ones. I also like least about this software that the App and the Desktop version are so much different in a few areas that are used most in our office.

Reasons for choosing MyCase

Essentially MyCase was chosen based on the features, support information, price and newness of the software. Reviewing was done extensively before choosing MyCase and in the end MyCase won. I just wish that we were told about the 10% OBA Member discount from the start since it was available and not known until we referred another firm and they were able to get it, then it was not allowed to be retro-active. Someone should check new customer discounts upon start up or each year to ensure you are providing that information to your customers. Knowing we could save that from the start and it was not mentioned was slightly unfair feeling. It was added to the next invoice when WE requested it.

Alan

MyCase Legal Case Management Review

MyCase has allowed us to provide more detailed information internally for each case, given our clients more interaction with their case, and communication flows well using the messaging function, payment can be easier (we use the e-check function, which is currently free with the software), and having a central system for the office makes it easier for us to work from multiple locations. There are many features we use, including the MyCase app for our firm, tasks, calendar, notes and checklists for each case, and many others. Although there are some features that need work to be useful to our firm (reporting, intake forms, and tasks, and some integrations), MyCase overall is well worth it for our small firm. MyCase is very open and eager to receive feedback from users, and incorporates updates regularly, which improves the system, and have seen my feedback implemented into the system. Customer Service in my experience is excellent, and timely. I highly recommend MyCase.

Pros

Bank grade encryption of data and documents. Ability to give clients access to their own portal, which is very easy to use, and allows them to upload documents directly to the system with drag and drop function. Clients can message securely, have their own calendar for case related events, our firm can task clients with a checklist, and they can pay online. The Client secure access was a major reason we switched to MyCase in 2012.

Cons

I prefer to have more robust reporting functionality as it relates to managing cases by dates, and other case data. The reporting function exists but is not developed enough to capture all the data I prefer in my case management reports. Email integration is not ideal, but I understand a major upgrade is coming soon.

Reasons for choosing MyCase

Client access is one of the best on the market based on what I have checked out. I have considered several other systems, but none have the functionality and ease of use for client access. Cost is straight forward and includes unlimited document uploads.

Reasons for switching to MyCase

Client access, bank grade encryption, ability to save unlimited documents without additional surcharges, and overall cost.

Margy

This software is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING.

MyCase has helped streamline the law practice that I help to manage. It's usability and features have made my life easier, and have made my management of case and client files more consistent, both front and back. Clients all receive the same level of excellent care, and I feel good knowing that by applying my workflows, I'm not missing anything. MyCase task management features are completely worth the cost of the software, even if that was all I was going to use it for. I cannot stress enough how awesome the task management is. I'm so obsessed that I literally ran out of characters above. I also want to give a HUGE SHOUTOUT to MyCase's support team. I have had lengthy conversations with them about various issues that have come up on my end (generally not glitches, but requests I have for making MyCase more disability-accessible, etc.) and the team has never let me down. Everyone I have had the pleasure of working with has been friendly, professional, funny, kind, and knowledgeable. They take good care of me and I can see from updates that they are always working to improve the user experience. I am just SO PLEASED with MyCase. I am a convert and sing its praises to anyone who will listen (and often to those who won't!).

Pros

I am a huge fan of MyCase. Let me tell you why: 1. MyCase is extremely navigable. It is easy to understand and use. In a world where many attorneys are afraid of technology and change, that is really useful. 2. MyCase has a feature on every page view called "add an item." Unlike competitors, it ACTUALLY allows you to add any item whatsoever (notes, calendar entries, new files, contacts - you name it, it can be done), link it to people or cases, and perform ALL NECESSARY TASKS/FUNCTIONS from basically one screen view. That means, for instance, I can manage most case files without having to actually toggle through each file, saving me loads of time and energy. 3. MyCase has the best workflow management feature I have found to date. First and foremost, MyCase allows for the SIMPLE, INTUITIVE, QUICK creation of a workflow. Within that workflow, it allows you to edit tasks and add subtasks within tasks (BRILLIANT, WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE DO THAT???). I cannot stress this enough - subtasks are necessary, they are useful, and I would die without them. Or at least my pristine file management would. 4. MyCase saves mouseclicks. I cannot express to you, the reader, how important this is over time. I don't want to have to click on a search bar, then click on a case, then wait for the case to load, then click notes, then click add a note, then add my note and click done, and then click something else and something else and something else. SOLID APP. I have run out of characters!

Cons

There isn't much that I hate about MyCase, if anything. 1. My MOST IMPORTANT request has always been that, once a workflow is created, we are given the opportunity to REORDER tasks within the workflow (not just subtasks). If this were provided to me, I'm pretty sure every single request I have ever made (and there are a LOT of them) would have been addressed. 2. My second request would be for the phone app (at least on iOS) to be a little more robust and similar to the web-based version. My current workaround is just logging in on my mobile browser, but it's a little cumbersome. It saves me in a pinch when I need it, but otherwise I tend to avoid using MyCase on the go. 3. Oh, one final thing - MyCase performs maintenance on Tuesdays at 10PM (Pacific), which is a prime time for me to be working, so that sometimes cuts into my productivity. However, I totally get why they have to - that's 1AM on the east coast and they need to be done by the time the east is waking up and working. So, I always try to take the "oops, MyCase is no longer available" as a sign that I should stop working.

Rocket Matter and Clio

Reasons for choosing MyCase

Again, it goes back to efficiency. Fewer mouseclicks, robust workflows and task management. A law practice lives and dies by its process and procedure, and MyCase makes it really easy and enjoyable to engage in the creation of process. I am grateful to the creators of MyCase for envisioning a product that really takes process to heart, and I am so pleased to use it and work with the MyCase team whenever the opportunity arises.

The Best Practice Management Solution Everywhere

Pros

1. The best feature about Mycase is the client portal and client communication tools. This helps us automate some essential functions like sharing documents, court dates, deadlines, and obtaining information from clients to cut down on staff time. Now instead of dealing with "update calls" and requests for copies from our clients are able to focus on other tasks. 2. The workflows feature helps us take the thinking out of the routine tasks that need to be done on a case so we can focus our mental energies on the unique aspects of a given case. 3. Mycase is incredibly responsive to customer feedback. 90% of the suggestions I have submitted over the years are implemented and become part of the product. They release new features multiple times every month and help make a good product even better!

Cons

The one feature that needs work is email integration (saving emails sent and received to Mycase). The feature as it stands today requires a good deal of manual matching of emails to cases, a tedious task. I believe it would work better if they integrated email through IMAP or POP and allowed you to access and send external emails through Mycase, which would aid the sync process quite a bit.

Clio, Smokeball and Amicus Attorney

Tray

review

Great product. Seems the focus is on other areas besides client connection when client communication and connection is the best part of the entire program. Streamling

Pros

Ease of use. App. Interface. Design. Client communication and ease of billing.

Cons

Costly, no auto responses capability in communications. So, if I'm not available or out of town and a client messages me, it could be a week before there is a response. Also, if a client messages my legal assistant, that message doesn't show up under my messages. All messages from that client to any in the firm should be able to be seen by all.

Cost. Interface.

Clio

American made. Cost.

Response from MyCase

Hi Tray, thank you for sharing how MyCase has streamlined your billing and client communication. Regarding visibility into client messages, MyCase now allows you to enable all client message notifications for any firm member that has access to that case. Learn more here: https://help.mycase.com/s/article/Messaging-Overview. Our product team has also read and is discussing your thoughts on auto-responses, we appreciate the feedback. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to support@mycase.com. Thank you for partnering with MyCase as we continue to improve on your experience.

Replied August 2019