What are Prevail Case Management System users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Prevail Case Management System software through verified user reviews

• icon"It's great and I love it so much, it's so easy to use."
  • icon"Customer support representatives are the BEST!!!! Because of them, I found this system very interesting and user friendly."
  • icon"Another great thing with Prevail is the way the medical information is set up; you put all your dates in of when the records are received, submitted and requested. It's a great system and easy to use."
  • icon"It seem that the software often has problems depending on the computer that it is on."

Browse all Prevail Case Management System Reviews

• Have you used Prevail Case Management System and would like to share your experience with others?

Freddy

Industry: Law Practice

I was introduced to Prevail at the first law firm I worked at and I immediately saw its potential.

Pros

The customization, customer service, ease of use. Pretty much everything in the software can be customized. If you get really fancy with it you can update a status that triggers tasks to multiple people, with deadlines attached, documents printed will all relevant data in it.

Cons

Two limitations to be aware of, you need a TWAIN compliant scanner, I use Fujitsu and love it. This will allow you to scan directly into the matter which you are working in. The second limitation is that in order to attach emails directly from Outlook into Prevail you must have 32 bit office installed. You can ave a 64 bit system, which we do, but Office needs to be 32 bits

Alise

Excellent system for Social Security case management

I used to hate having to cut and paste my emails. Now it's entered automatically when I initiate an email from within Prevail. And I can quickly add emails using the Preval add-in that is loaded onto Outlook. This was a huge timesaver when it was added to Prevail. This is just one example of Prevail's usefulness. I have a whole library of documents that I have created to use with the program, and I continue to create new letters and forms as needed. And through my annual support contract, Prevail will create custom reports for me, upon request. As the practice changes over time, my need to create reports also changes. Customer support, Technical support and Training departments are all responsive and available.

Pros

Prevail enables complete case management. I use their cloud desktop option, which involves another company, Airdesk, but together I am able to work anywhere. I have been with Prevail since 1994, upgrading as they put out new versions. Along with Airdesk and my word processor, the only other software I need is my accounting software. Prevail is easy to use, with all the information you need right there on the screen. Over the years, as the program was improved and made more complex, some training hours were required, but I never found that to be cumbersome. I actually enjoy learning new features as they are implemented as they make me more productive.

Cons

Every program can always be improved, and I let them know whenever I find anything that needs fixing or improving. I have no major dislikes with Prevail-it does everything I want it to do, including an interface with Outlook email and text messages.

Reasons for choosing Prevail Case Management System

I have looked at other products over the years, but I haven't found any that had all the features that Prevail offered, along with the superior customer service and technical support.

Reasons for switching to Prevail Case Management System

Honestly, it's been so many years, I don't remember the name of the software I used to use. I started using Prevail in 1994. I was having difficulty with the prior company's technical support and I believe they went out of business within a short period after I switched over to Prevail. Prevail was able to convert my data over to their system.

Response from Practice Technology

Thanks, Alise! We're so happy to have you as a member of our Prevail family.

Replied March 2021

Stefanie

Glad we switched

Everything is so manual, there is no automation to the system. We ultimately ended up switching software programs and I'm much happier.

Pros

Not much at all. I guess to some the basic layout and overly "vanilla" look could be useful to those who aren't used to more. But, I wasn't a fan.

Cons

Navigation within the program isn't the best. It seems very out-dated. It does keep things organized, but you have to constantly go back and forth between sections. I wish it was just an overall more seamless look to it.

Response from Practice Technology

Stefanie, my apologies, but I haven't seen this review until now. I'm surprised by your input, as it doesn't really apply to Prevail. We pride ourselves in the fact that Prevail is highly automated, and that moving back and forth between sections is not necessary. Could it be that your firm was on an older version of Prevail? I wish I had seen your review sooner - I would have replied then. Clearly, that wouldn't have changed anything - you had already switched over to another program. I'm sorry you were not satisfied.

Replied September 2020

Elizabeth

Helpful and Easy to use

This has been a

Pros

It makes the day to day work easier and much more efficient in terms of documentating, notating and tasks.

Cons

It does have a tendency to freeze and crash and sometimes it does not like task overload.

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you, Elizabeth!

Replied January 2022

Jeanine

Prevail Case Management System

Calendar information is detailed and easy to read for efficient client processing. Locating a client within the database is easy as well. the integrated billing system is a breeze to work with and makes billing quick and detailed. Internal messaging makes contacting remote employees easy as well.

Pros

I like that calendaring system that lets you set up appointments for multiple associates. The client information system is very thorough and includes specific information related to a client's individual case. It also lets you print out current cases by genre of case ( ex. Estate planning, Criminal, Social Security..etc.) so that you can keep your client base up to date. Billable hours can be inputted for each specific client as well, and printed so billing is efficient and easy. There is also an internal messaging system within the Prevail software which allows you to send messages to designated employees located in the Prevail database.

Cons

More often then not when trying to schedule appointments if you mistype the date or time or wish to change them to a more specific time, it sometimes gives you an error and you have to back out and restart inputting that appointment from the beginning.

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you, Jeanine! We're glad you're loving your Prevail! Of course, the issues you described with the calendar will be shared with our developers. UPDATE: It was pointed out to me that you're on Prevail6. The problem you're experiencing has been fixed in the more recent versions of the program.

Replied May 2019

Eric

Prevail is a great tool for PI cases

Overall we have had a good experience. Customer support is top notch and quick.

Pros

Prevail makes it incredibly easy to manage personal injury cases. With separate tabs for medical billing, records, injuries, negotiation, and document storage, it means less time spent looking for information and getting things done within the system.

Cons

It takes a lot of customization to use with general civil and business litigation, and sometimes the time entry forms and document categories are inflexible and require significant tweaking to work fluidly for litigation matters. It is also critical to train your employees on how to use document categories under the history tab in order to fluidly move between pleadings, discovery, correspondence, etc. In other words, Prevail does not have separate folders for filings, you have to manually select categories to view certain documents or it can become rather difficult to pinpoint certain documents.

Cost and features.

Reasons for switching to Prevail Case Management System

August 1, 2020

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you, Eric! We appreciate your feedback. The "cons" you've listed will be brought to the attention of the people who can make the appropriate changes, if possible.

Replied September 2020

Danielle

Industry: Law Practice

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!! Prevail is the Best...love coming to work each day b/c of prevail

Pros

The entire system is a Pro for me!!!! I enjoy learning and exploring the system and it makes it so much better having the wonderful staff that you have. Customer support representatives are the BEST!!!! Because of them, I found this system very interesting and user friendly.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot print Sticky notes or complete the sticky note and keep it in the history of the claim. There are times that a sticky note is completed but we cannot delete documentation of a client file. Also, I find that the Notes tab is useless. Everything you want or need is in the history tab and can be sorted for whatever you are looking for.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Danielle! Be sure you're not using Sticky Notes for tasks. They should never be used for something that needs to be done. They should be used to call attention to something. For instance, use a Sticky Note to let everyone know you need a correct phone number on a case, but set a task to get that phone number. Then, when the task is completed, it'll be noted to the history. If you want to use a Sticky, then make a note before it's completed, you can create a history category, "Sticky Notes", and copy and paste the info into a history entry, then delete the Sticky Note. As for the Notes tab, I rarely use it, but our clients who were used to having a Notes tab in an older version of Prevail, really missed it when they upgraded. For them, we added it back in. Robin

C Jane

Must have for SS disability work.

The scale won't work. I am extremely likely to recommend and have recommended many times. Prevail software has allowed me to scale up my business without adding staff. Keeps me organized and saves me money. Helps me win cases by adapting to my work flow and making sure I never miss a deadline.

Pros

Keeps me totally organized. Using Prevail case management software has allowed me to triple my case load without adding staff. It has paid for itself many times over. The training is excellent and the annual fee is more than reasonable given the high quality of the tech support. I always get a real person on the phone who understands the software and is extremely knowledgeable about the disability business. They give me solutions that are better than what I ask for because they've seen so many different business models. The Prevail staff are continually upgrading and improving the product so it just gets better and better, but the upgrades never interfere with business. They make the upgrades seamless and work with my schedule. I cannot say enough good things about Prevail.

Response from Practice Technology

What a great review! Thank you, Jane!

Tracy

Industry: Law Practice

We have been using Prevail for about 5 years now. What a difference it makes in your practice!

I think the greatest benefit of this product is that you can handle many more cases with it than without it, thereby making your investment in the product nominal. Also, it is so user friendly that anyone can learn to use it very quickly.

Pros

Very user friendly and very functional. Even the most inexperienced can learn to use Prevail very quickly. We are able to handle many more cases than we did without Prevail. I really like the document merge feature as we use a lot of form letters. The intake questionnaire is great as well. We can all be on top of our game on every case because it is easy to see where we are on a case. Love the process tab too because we can set lists (autofill) or steps and each serves its purpose for different types of cases. Prevail tech support is fantastic! They are responsive, friendly, understanding, and very helpful-well worth the yearly contract fee.

Cons

There are a few glitches here and there and it crashes sometimes, but for the most part we are very happy using Prevail.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Tracy! Be sure to contact tech support if you're having any issues.

Bruce

Industry: Law Practice

Overall, my experience with Prevail has been positive.

This is our legal practice software. It benefits us in the management of our case load, document assembly, calendar and related functions.

Pros

I like the ease of navigating between screens, being able to keep multiple windows open and switching back and forth without losing data, and the formatting of the various screens. I also like the document assembly which works quite well.

Cons

I do not like the duplication of contacts in the Rolodex -- once entered the contact is there forever it seems. This causes a reduction in the speed of searches and can also result in errors if you select a duplicate contact that is old and outdated.

Response from Practice Technology

Hello, Bruce! Contacts should never be entered more than once in Prevail. The Rolodex is designed so that you can enter a contact once, then attach that contact to as many matters as you'd like. If you'd like more details, please give our Training Dept. a call: 407-228-4400, Option 1, 2 Thanks! Robin Ventura

Kim

Industry: Law Practice

Best feature is their Customer Service!

I have been using the Prevail Case Management System now for 16 years and I would never switch! The best feature is their customer service! Everyone at Prevail Case Management is very helpful and friendly no matter how frustrated you are! Having great customer service means the most when using a database program to me because you are then assured that they will help you to fix the issue you are having or suggest better/more efficient ways to achieve what you are trying to do. I feel the database itself is very user friendly with a little bit of training, and the training is also very friendly and knowledgeable. I would, have and will continue to recommend Prevail Case Management to anyone looking for a database that is user easily learned and supported by great people!

Pros

Customer Service User Friendly Easily learned Great training Very efficient

Cons

Really can't think of any!

Response from Practice Technology

Kim, thank you so much. I'll be sure to pass this on to our Tech Support team. They'll appreciate it!

Replied January 2017

Time used: Free Trial

May 2014

Prevail Case Management System

Our practice is limited to representing Social Security disability claimants. Our caseload is significant This system has never crashed despite seven licenses. It is an excellent gateway towards a 'paperless 'office. It is also accessible when using a Remote Desktop Program allowing you to modem into your server and database when away from the office. The program comes with very good 'form' templates that are adaptable and can be modified to suit your particular preferences. The program's flexibility for example, allowing the practitioner to modify its forms and to create one's own forms is an extremely attractive feature . The statue, task tickler, etc., are excellent. This program allows you to determine the status and posture of any case within seconds. The database search engine is extremely fast when calling up a claimant's case. The program can quickly print out reports on caseload and the posture of cases individually and by groups. It works well with Dragon speech and your word processing program. The training we received required some time and is paced according to your schedule. Learning to navigate through the program to maximize its capabilities is worthwhile and somewhat intuitive but does take some time. My staff is always stumbling upon something new and useful within the program. Switching over to Prevail requires a commitment to take the time to input all your client data. Once a medical provider's information or any Rolodex type of information is entered, it does not have to be entered again and can be attached to any claim. If one wants to search the database for certain medications or medical devices for participation in any class actions, that information is available nearly instantly. Before purchasing Prevail I investigated other similar software companies and products tailored to the nature of my practice. Since our office began using Prevail, our attorney and staff efficiency has increased significantly. Just in terms of increased efficiency and time management, the program pays for itself over and over again My anxiety level has likewise decreased- it is very hard to miss a deadline. I give it FIVE stars.

Sharmine

Industry: Law Practice

WE have been using PREVAIL7 for 4 yrs. It is worthwhile investment. Tech support is amazing.

We are able to take on and track more cases. It works for WC and VA cases too.

Pros

I like the new features on PREVAIL 8. The ease of using the email feature. The login in screen is easy on the eyes.

Cons

1) Tech support is great ( always capable and willing to resolve issues) but hours are limited to 9 to 5. Most attorneys work late into the evening and weekends, it would be nice to get some help/tech support after 5PM. Maybe one late night in a work week of tech support. 2) They need to add more tabs for SSA clients like prior filings, height, weight, dominant hand, marital status, eligible AUX. These are all questions on the SSA app. If these are added I missed it. 3) I find Process Builder to be overly complicated and cumbersome to use. I just want a check off box not endless process steps and clicking around.

Lindsay

Industry: Law Practice

I've been a Prevail user for almost 2 years now, and enjoy the program.

Pros

I'm happy with the set-up. It is easy to navigate, and Prevail 8 has a lot of new features that make certain tasks easier to complete. I also love that the program syncs up with Outlook now!

Cons

With all of the new features, I've noticed the program has a "lag" now. Also, I don't like that you can't generate multiple documents at a time, such as medical records requests (which is a feature that is available in a different program I've used in another office). Also, when a document is being scanned into the system, the rest of the program is unavailable to use until the scanning process is finished (which we used to be able to do in Prevail 6). There are still some things that could use tweaking..

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Lindsay. Thanks for your review. Prevail can actually merge multiple medical records requests at one time, using the Merge Across Related feature. Not only will it merge multiple medical requests to different providers, but each document can set its own time and cost value on the ledger, plus a follow up task as well.

Gaye

great case management

I have used prevail for around 10 years. We just did an update from 6 to 8. I thought 6 was great, but 8 wow - love it.

Pros

The tech support team is great. Very nice, and polite. I also like that it merges information into letters, so I'm not typing the same information of 10 different letters. Prevail also lets you create emails and saves it to the correct client case. Prevail also gives you reminders when something is due, most important it gives notice on statutes.

Cons

When I try to print certain things - example printing medical page, it does not print on one page.

It is the best.

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you, Gaye! Our tech support team is the best! Let's take a look at the medical page you're merging, and see why you're not getting a single page. Call us so we can help! Happy Holidays, and thanks for the review! Robin Ventura Prevail Sales

Replied December 2019

Brenda

Industry: Law Practice

Prevail is a pretty well-rounded program-has some key features that other programs don't have.

Client tracking software-keeps track of deadlines, history of case, etc.

Pros

Statute warning list is key. History/notes tabs are extremely important/useful. Message list & task list are also very important. Messaging within prevail is very useful. Sticky notes are really helpful as well.

Cons

Prevail is missing important client information boxes on matter page, such as mother's maiden name, place of birth, etc. This is info that needs to be readily available/easy to find for SSD clients, but no designated spot for this info. Also, generating custom reports is a feature that is needed. Ease of use/customizing personalized settings is not user friendly, could definitely use some work.

Response from Practice Technology

Hello Brenda. Your suggestions have been passed on to our development team. If you'd like to be more specific, please email me at rventura@prevail.net. Thank you!

Cindy

Great legal database program

A few months ago I was starting my own practice as a solo practitioner. I have used Prevail in the past, and was familiar with the program. I have also worked with other programs in the past, and I checked out a few other programs, but they weren't as flexible as Prevail. Even though I was on a budget, the expense of investing in Prevail has already more than made up for itself in the ability that I have to track my clients' needs because of Prevail. I am able to keep track of each client's providers and referral sources and merge documents with great ease to send to clients or providers. I love this program and highly recommend it to anyone who is running a small to medium sized practice.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to keep track of all of the information that I need to associate with each client. I also love the immediate support that is available to users.

Cons

I don't see any down side to the program.

Industry: Law Practice

Prevail has allowed our firm to stay up-to-date with our cases and, for that, we love it!

The instant access to view our files and keep up with what is going on with each... The merge-doc function is by far the best feature, as well as the rolodex and the capability to run reports.

Pros

The merge-doc functionality is awesome! We also like the fact that we have instant access to our cases with all the info on the screens about each case. The rolodex is also a plus, especially being able to see what cases are attached to certain rolodex entries.

Cons

Everything in the history gets jumbled up to where it's hard to locate things. Wish there was an option to assign a specific color for each category. Also wish the process was simpler in getting a new report added that we need.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Jennifer, Your concerns are being forwarded to our staff. Thank you for the great review! Robin

Tammy

The program is great for keeping track of client files and excellent customer service

The ability to view a client's file at a glance without having to have the paper file.

Pros

The ability to keep track of statute dates, creation of specific reports, forms and letters. It is a valuable tool in keeping track of all client files.

Cons

Not being able to add more than one follow up task to a Process; not being able to clear an expense balance in the expenses advanced on behalf of a client.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Tammy! Thank you for your review, and good luck in the drawing! You'll be hearing from Sean in Training about clearing advanced expenses. I see that Ginger has emailed Stephen about upgrading to Prevail 8. In Prevail 8, you'll be able to have a process step trigger as many tasks and appointments as you'd like. Thanks again! Robin Ventura

Carmen

Awesome!

I can work on so many client matters throughout the day. Reporting is always available at your finger tips. I use the reporting for many different areas and it is so easy to access these reports.

Pros

It is user friendly, easy to access clients, easy to read and go into many areas at a time without having to close out another clients file. It is so easy to navigate through the system.

Cons

I have not experienced anything that I do not like. I do wish there were more color schemes that would be easier on the eyes. Some seem to be to bright and others do not show characters well.

Response from Practice Technology

Hello Carmen! I set my Prevail to "iMaginary". It's a nice combination of blue and sandy colors. Try it!

Leanne

Industry: Law Practice

I cant imagine my day without prevail!

Prevail is more than a software it's an amazing company that will be there to help you develop your business. I first purchased prevail in 2013 and the SAME STAFF that helped me then has recently helped me through a business transition nearly 4 years later. I highly doubt that you would have those kind of personal relationships at any other software company. Additionally the software is extremely effective but also easy to learn. We've had no problem training incoming staff quickly with prevail. Prevail helps keep me organized and makes it easy to check in on any deadlines in the office. It makes supervising my staff easier than any other program. I promise you will love prevail and the company that provides it.

Pros

Keeps me organized and its easy to teach to new staff

Samantha

User friendly, efficient, great customer service to help with questions/suggested improvements

Makes case management 100% easier!

Pros

Very easy to use. Every action taken is automatically documented in one place. SUPER easy to use. Customer service is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and willing to take the time to work out any issues you may have with the program.

Cons

I would like there to be an icon that would attach the photo id to the matter page to make it easier to connect a name with a face.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Samantha. Thanks for reviewing Prevail. In the current version, Prevail 8, you have the ability to attach a photo to a contact. Would you like someone to contact you about the possibility of an upgrade? If so, email me. Robin

Bill

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent software. Best value for the price. User friendly and support with a smile!

There is no truer statement than garbage in then you get garbage out! The more you use Prevail the more and more awesome Prevail's information you give it helps your cases. Its quick its intuitive and its user friendly. The developer is constantly making it better. We use Prevail daily almost all day and it makes our cases run so smoothly.

Pros

Ease of use and how user friendly it is. The learning curve is nearly zero.

Cons

I can't think of one except maybe that its not FREE? But that wouldn't be fair would it?

Response from Practice Technology

Thank you, Bill, for your kind words. It's great to hear that our clients are happy with Prevail, and with us!

Replied January 2017

Nancy

I have been an Executive Assistant for more than 20 years and have used a lot of software in many industries (health care, home care, legal services, etc.). Prevail is very user friendly and the Customer Support is by far the best I have ever worked with. Highly recommend this product and staff.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and has a lot of important features useful to a legal file. Love the Reports and drafting new templates in the Document Designer is a great tool as well. Prevail is the perfect software to keep/maintain/edit all legal documents.

Cons

I would love to see a Search feature within one file, as opposed to searching all of Prevail, rather, be able to search the History within one particular file -

Janice

Industry: Law Practice

My experience has always been amazing.

Reliability and great support. We are able to manage our many different practice areas with one program.

Pros

Very user friendly and they are constantly working on updating the software so we are always ahead of our competition. Their customer service team is always top notch.

Cons

There really aren't any cons. The only thing I would want is for it to communicate with more outside software such as our fax machine to do automated faxes.

Response from Practice Technology

Hi Janice. Thanks for your great review! Your suggestion about integrating with fax machines has been passed on to our developers. Robin

4.67/5 out of 75 reviews