(2,425)

1,464

Browse Quickbooks Online Reviews

Meg from Nuscreen Inc

December 2021

Great for small business accounting

Overall I have had a good experience using Quickbooks.

Pros

Quickbooks online offers more detailed reporting compared to other accounting software I’ve tried.

Cons

Customer profiles aren’t as robust as I would like. Basic information is stored on customers.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

I switched from Freshbooks for more detailed reporting.

El from FFRF

December 2021

Would definitely recommend for low cost high quality solution to new workplace atmosphere

I would definitely recommend a 3rd party to move from desktop to online version. I did so; and I lost no data from the move.

Pros

I absolutely love that one can attach invoice copies and receipts to payables. It's all in one place and I rely less on paper copies.

Cons

Versus the desktop version, the reporting doesn't seem as robust and customizable.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Cost! Plus moving from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online seemed more logical.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

With the new workplace atmosphere of work-at-home / work-at-office-building, the online version is better equipped to handle this change.

Graham from Flegg CPA

Quickbooks Online for smallbusiness

Over interaction with clients has been good. Easy to explain issues and make corrections when needed.

Pros

The ability for clients to be able to share use with their external accountants.

Cons

Some of the bank import processes create duplicate entries.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Better understanding of product that was already being used by some clients.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Needed more functionality at time.

Michelle from Red Bella Agency

Easy To Use Accounting Software For Small Business Owners

My overall experience with Quickbooks Online has been positive. While there are some things that can be improved, it has served its purpose for me for the past few years. The price is fairly comparable to other online software. The only other one I have had experience with is Freshbooks but I switched to Quickbooks Online because of a promotion that gave me a much cheaper option.

Pros

QuickBooks Online is a great accounting software for busy entrepreneurs who are looking for a centralized way to keep all their billing/invoicing/expense tracking/payment processing in one place. I find it quite easy to use. It allows me to forego the expense of a physical accountant and grants me the convenience of creating and sending invoices online, accepting payment, managing invoice history and tracking expenses. Instead of having to purchase software and being relegated to one laptop, you can access this software anywhere. In addition, if you have contractors/employees, depending on your plan, you can process your payroll directly from the software which is an added bonus.

Cons

I like most of the features associated with Quickbooks Online, however, as a designer myself I think there could be a greater variety in the invoice template selection. It is very easy to brand their current templates, but as someone who values brand aesthetic highly, I would love to be able to cater the visual of the invoice to be more aligned with my brand aesthetic.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

I switched because the price of the Freshbooks software increased and QuickBooks Online happened to have a good promotion that convinced me to switch.

Felice from WhiteSpace Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

QuickBooks Online 2021

I have used QuickBooks Online for a number of years and, for the most part, it has been positive - except for the decline in service over the past couple of years. It gets what you need done, but don't look for it to be too customizable for your individual needs.

Pros

QuickBooks Online is a relatively easy product to set up and start using. Over the past few years there a more and more programs that can be integrated into it. It gives you the basic details you need if you take the time to set it up correctly.

Cons

I don't know why QuickBooks did not give the online version the same features that the desktop version has. We sometimes struggle to work with our accountant as she only knows the desktop version, and when she asks us to make a change, it is hard for her to explain how to do it because the method is different. Also, there are not as many reports available in the online version. One thing that really bugs me is that even if you add a memo, there is no way to get it to appear on the check or in the memo area of the ledger. Lastly, I feel like customer service has really declined over the past couple of years - it feels like QuickBooks is not supporting their staff and giving them the training they need.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We felt like it would be easier to have everything online so that we would have accessibility when we needed it.

Response from Intuit

Replied December 2021

We definitely appreciate your business, and your feedback regarding the Online version. Alternatively, you can use the QuickBooks Desktop version but put in on the Right Networks hosting cloud. This allows you to access the Desktop program from anywhere as long as you have access to the internet. This a great option to have access to the Desktop version on the go and to get additional reports (https://tinyurl.com/2p993nn2). Wishing you the best. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Richard from Self Employed

Look very hard at an alternative.

I pay for Full Service Payroll. Quickbooks puts the tax rate into the program - I do not have any access. I emailed a copy late in 2019 stating the tax rate as 0.8%. The staff at Quickbooks entered the rate as 0.08% which is incorrect so only 10% of the tax was paid. I have been begging them to fix this issue. I cannot fix it because they control what is entered. I have letters on my desk threatening to intercept my tax returns because my Unemployment Tax is not paid in full plus I have interest/penalties pending . I get no resolution and have been calling for over a month now dealing with this. VERY POOR SERVICE!!!!!

Pros

I like the fact that I can track financial records from past years and do comparisons.

Cons

The software has glitches. If you need help, there is very little hope of ever getting your issues resolved. You will be told to email the technical people and they will respond or fix the issue. I have never had any resolution to this day and I have used Quickbooks since the 1990's. If I could switch to another program without losing all my history, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have learned to deal with the problems but am very frustrated. I have threatening letters from the IRS to intercept my returns because the full service Payroll entered a tax rate incorrectly and I have been waiting for them to resolve the issue for over a month now.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2021

It's hard to hear that you haven't been able to receive the support you need, Richard. We'd be glad to take a look at this for you and work towards a resolution. Whenever you have the chance, please email (qbcares@intuit.com) us with the email and business name associated with your account so we can look into this further. We'll keep an eye out for your message. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Upgraded from Tally to QBO for simple and ease of use software

My overall experience with QuickBooks online has been amazing. I have used to desktop version before and found the online version more easy and simple to use. It has served my purpose in a great way over these years. The readily available reports helps my decision making for business. As compared to other options I found QuickBooks Online to be cheaper. We are trying to incorporate a construction company in quickbooks now. We hope it serves our purpose for this company as well now.

Pros

It is very simple to use overall. I like that i can check and work from any computer or cell phone as well. I love direct access to the numbers, easily available reports. It is great for auto billing direct from the software itself. The best part is integration with the bank account. I do not have to manually review expenses and add it.

Cons

The QBO is slow to load pages and that can be irritating at times. I initially thought that it was my internet connection but no that is not the case. While you are allowed to do a journal entry with a supplier name you cannot enter a negative invoice. There can be a greater variety in invoice format selection. A tad bit expensive.

Pricing and Automation

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We wanted to increase automation and reduce manual tasks.

Peter from Hyland Johnson Keane

Using QBO

The benefit we have is that we can work with our clients on their accounts without having to go to their office or for them to drop a laptop into us. This means we can keep an eye on the accounts and provide assistance as and when it is required.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and the software is quick to set up for a new business. The support and help features are very good - this is something that many suppliers fall down on badly. QBO has features for businesses of all sizes so as they grow and analysis of the accounts becomes more important the tools are there, ready and waiting. The recent update of the VAT accounting to handle VAT in Ireland is a game changer. We have been very impressed with the data conversion facility to import records from Quickbooks desktop software to QBO. Finally, being an online product means the software is always up to date, there is a proper back up of the records and 24/7 access to the accounts are all key benefits.

Cons

For a small or new business with no familiarity with accounting the initial interface can be daunting. There are a lot of terms to become familiar with.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

We believe QBO is a good option for larger and growing businesses because of the more sophisticated features it offers over, say, SURF or Big Red Cloud. The fact that Intuit is a very large company gives users comfort in terms of support and future development of the software.

Clayton from Entrust Marketing

December 2021

The best billing and invoicing software on the market

I switched from another accounting and billing software provider, and I couldn't be happier with Quickbooks. From day one, I have received amazing customer support when needed, have found a lot of great resources in their help section, and it has helped me greatly in making better business decisions.

Pros

My favorite feature of the software is that I can quickly and easily create invoices for my clients while giving them an option to pay online. In the digital world, being able to complete a transaction remotely is a big plus for my business. Plus, I love that I can save services and products for easy invoicing of my clients.

Cons

One area that could be improved is the default setting of routing payments into the "QuickBooks envelopes + cash" category, as it can make for messy bookkeeping. Once this is fixed within your settings, the software is great.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Pricing, quality, and customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

My bank was no longer supported by Wave and Quickbooks was one of the only options that supported my bank.

Kristie from Kristie Kim Design

Top Financial Management App

It’s been an amazing experience because it organizes all of my costs and data. I don’t spend as much as I used to now that I categorize my business and personal costs. It’s always a good sign to keep the personal costs and see how much I need to save each time I get paid. I categorize all of my direct deposit as business costs and the money I spend when I got shopping as personal costs.

Pros

This app is great for those who own a business or is self-employed and likes having one app to store all the data on costs. I love being able to choose whether the cost is business-related or personal. The bank accounts are all linked to this one app and I can keep a record of what goes in my account and what is spent. I keep a track of every cent I use and spend. My favorite is seeing how much I earn and how much my business profits within a year.

Cons

Sometimes, the bank accounts get disconnected due to internet issue last and it can take a while to link the accounts again. The accounts get disconnected for unknown reasons even if I don’t change my account information on the bank account site. It can take a few hours to a few days to reconnect and retrieve the costs.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

It is connected to TurboTax which is what I use to file my taxes. My information is transferred to TurboTax and I can file my taxes faster than trying to retrieve all the data through a CPA or accountant. I like having the information right away and having personal access to it even though I do have other people hired in my business.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

I made the switch because Square doesn’t do a good job of categorizing business from personal costs. It looks like it would organize all the data but it is great only when I make sales on the Square app. I needed an app that would help me become organized and stay organized.

Rubina from Powerhouse Accounting

QuickBooks Online

Great to use and adapt for your needs

Pros

Very easy to use and share with co workers

Cons

It is great for individual corporations, but it cannot be linked or not something that can be used in consolidation of a single business owner with more than one businesses

No special reason

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Linking it to bank feeds and specially since we are working remotely

Response from Intuit

Replied December 2021

Hello there, Rubina! It's awesome hearing that QuickBooks Online is working so well for you and your business needs! If you ever have any questions, or need assistance with your account, please feel free to reach out through the Help(?) icon in-account, and we'd be more than happy to get you taken care of! All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Tammy from The Pet Clinic of Nebraska, LLC

Industry: Veterinary

Quickbooks online

For the most part I really like the software, there are just a few things that aren't as handy as the old desktop version. They periodically do different feature updates that for my portion of the accounting don't really enhance my job or make it easier.

Pros

I love the fact that I don't have to do manual backups! I love that it is accessible from any computer. It is a huge help that I am able to scan and attach invoices, comes in very handy when I need to double check payments made.

Cons

From an accounting standpoint the fact that the program doesn't recognize if an invoice was previously entered by the invoice number is something I really miss from the old desktop form of the software. On this software you could enter the same invoice number in 10 times and it would never "see" that the invoice was previously entered. This causes a lot of back and forth between the vendor account and bills window which takes extra time. The only other comment I have is concerning the reports section. I am not a trained accountant and on the old desktop version it was far easier to generate reports.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Because our actual CPA is not nearby and this makes it much easier for him to pull up the account and doesn't require backups to have to change hands. Also the owner of our company is much more involved in the financial aspect of the business so it is convenient for him as well.

Kelli from c/o SpEd Forms

December 2021

Product is decent, support is not

Pros

If you have something very straightforward to do in Quickbooks, I would recommend it.

Cons

Customer service is the worst. Just not good.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We switch to integrate our payroll and accounting systems.

Navine from Brosily Bath and Body

Industry: Cosmetics

Excellent Software if you have help

I had a live hate relationship with quickbooks because while it was easy to use it can get messy quite quickly due incorrect categorization. That changed when I hired a bookkeeper to look over my books on a monthly basis.

Pros

Love quickbooks online well because it is online which means I can do my business from anywhere and anytime. Relatively easy to set up and has video tutorials. Love that you can set up lots of subcategories which makes comparing information from different categories easy and more meaningful. Love the new tags feature!!! I wholesale so I can see which wholesale reps are performing the best. Makes bookkeeping and tax paying easy if everything is setup correctly and accounts are reconciled correctly. Love the various reports you can pull from it. Profit and loss monthly, quarterly, annually. Love how easy it is to create invoices and the option to get paid within quickbooks!! No more sending an invoice and then asking for a separate PayPal or square payment.

Cons

Categorizing some income & expenses can be tricky at times which can mess the books up and make you want to tear your hair out. May Need a quickbooks bookkeeper to keep your books clean or will most likely mess it up.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Wa e was too basic and fresh books was limited in its functions.

Md Habibur from ACI logistics ltd

Easy Accounting for Working

Simply put, Quick book has made my job much easier & simpler in the work environment. And has affected my random work. Using it , there are financial statement , Bank reconciliation & many more things that have made the job much easier. But it is because of this that every one of my reports has been accurate so far.

Pros

The results of this software are easily & quickly available. In fact, it easily solve the critical tasks of many accounts & analyzes them accurately in every parts .

Cons

In fact, there is no problem in work, but it has always made work easier. It doesn't cost much, but for third world people like me , the price would be a little lower for us.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Easily solve the critical tasks of many accounts & analyzes them accurately in every parts .

Adrian from Tradesmart LLC

I like it

I'm happy with it. I won't be changing soon. Just wish I could get all accounting needs in the one package

Pros

It integrates with everything. It's easy to use and any accountant can get straight in and drive it.

Cons

It's missing a few core features like inventory management. It means you need 2 solutions. It is not super great for eCommerce. I wish someone would build an accounting package that had an ecommerce business as their prime customer and built all the apps needed into the one platform.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

I kept Zoho for my charity which has simple accounting needs but for the business, I needed the better integrations and reporting of QBO

Jonathan from Service Industry

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great accounting platform for small to medium size businesses

It has been amazing, this platform offers all you need to run your business with ease, it has a great library of add-ons and custom report options that will make your workflow fast and effective.

Pros

This software has a lot of great features, the best of them all is the ability to import data from .csv files, this makes it easier to control the data input and make any workflow faster and more accurate.

Cons

There are some limitations to the export features, the biggest issue comes with not being able to export reports directly to google sheets.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Online platforms are better suited for our organization's needs.

Simon from Neomedias Agency

December 2021

Confusing & glitchy software with inexistant customer services

Overall a terrible experience pair with a terrible customer support, with all the features it offer I wish it would all work seamlessly and have great support because I would see myself using it.

Pros

It has a great interface, accountants all around the world are comfortable working with this software if you are self employed and has a very simple structure it can be an ¨ok¨

Cons

To me its a terrible software all around, its broken its glitchy, the support is inexistent and even arrogant when you are able to talk with them, after a couple of months we switched back to our old accounting software because the experience was not up to the price they charge, we also had an hard time setting up the payment processing module.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Because we were looking for an easy to use software and experience

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We were looking for a more complete solution, which we found in Quickbook, but lost the ease of use of Wave accounting and great customer services.

Lots of positives

I don't love or recommend it, but the price point and accessibility is often the reason for choosing it over others.

Pros

Online access and bank feeds are most important, which work well. Any automated features are helpful. Connecting to 3rd party applications is easy.

Cons

The lag and refresh requirements that exist for data entry sometimes slow mw down. 2-factor authentication can get annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

More integration features, online/remote accessibility.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2021

We definitely appreciate your business, and your feedback regarding using the app. To help optimize your experience in the program we recommend running through these steps: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/quickbooks-online-slow/L8N9Ezzqj_US_en_US) If this doesn't resolve the lag issue don't hesitate to reach out to us. Wishing you the best. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Faith from Faithfully Yours

Easy to use and makes my job easier

I was using Sheets before Quickbooks, and that made my life HARD. Invoicing took FORVER. Quickbooks has made it so much easier and less time consuming.

Pros

I never imagined I would love Quickbooks Online, but I do. It is so easy to use once you sit and actually take time to learn it! I love that I can invoice with it, keep track of all of my payment accounts, and send out bids. I can accept payments online or mark them off as paid if someone sends a check. I don't know why I took so long to try it out!

Cons

It walks you through set up, so I think it's been pretty good. No cons that I can think of. Inputting new costumers might be time consuming if you don't have them saved in Google or a spreadsheet.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Ease of use, able to collect payments online.

Lillian from HCA Healthcare

Everything a business needs to manage resources

They have been participating on stage for the last few years and overall the experience has been really good. The user interface is extraordinary. I would like them to bring back the workspace activity as the web stage is sporadically slow.

Pros

It's really easy to get involved and it's really workable with our counter prerequisites as well. We were appropriate to give her accountant access and she is reasonable to help support our private company so smoothly in this regard. The user interface is completely planned and simple on the eye. Billing is simple, and every one of the settings you really want is where you'd expect it to be.

Cons

Sometimes it can be very difficult to find what I'm looking for. Surely after almost 1 year of using it, learning to use it became somewhat complex. I imagine the longer you use it, the easier it will be.

Yogesh from divine bliss international

Expensive but important tool

Financial management and reporting and communication

Pros

It is very organised and anybody can use it with a basic knowledge of accounting and book keeping and makes the financial management easy

Cons

some of the features are hard to use for first time users and does not have a lot of flexibility for user management

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Quickbooks has more features especially better bank integration

Sara from University Health

December 2021

An accessible and very useful solution

QuickBooks is a fairly easy product to set up and get started - it has generally taken our colleagues a couple of days to specialize in the program. Over time, many times there are more and more programs that can be integrated into it. It gives you the necessary details you need if you take the time to set it up correctly.

Pros

QuickBooks is fantastic, you can use the desktop program and it is also possible to store information in the cloud, which allows remote access. Businesses can view their accounts from any access point and can use multiple users. I love that clones and invoices can be attached to accounts payable. Each one is in one place and I calculate less on paper bills.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult for us to work with our accountant, since she only knows the desk interpretation, and when she asks us to make a change, it is difficult for her to explain how to do it because the system is different. But it is something that can be managed over time.

Patryk from Integrit Performance

Wish we had it sooner

Great experience so far and it's really simplifying how we track our expenses.

Pros

Quickbooks made tracking all of our expenses simpler and faster. Their customer support was great with answering questions and making sure we were prepared.

Cons

There are still a lot of accounting terms and jargon that me and other typical small business owners might not understand.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Accountants wouldn't take our business unless we had quickbooks.

Great accounting software for small & large businesses

I use QBO for my own tax practice bookkeeping as well as for my clients. I use it daily to keep up with my firm and my clients. We all use the bank feed to facilitate automatic entry of as much data as possible.

Pros

QBO allows users to easily enter their financial transactions. It even has the capability to enter most transactions for the user from the bank feed. You can let QBO import your bank activity and use rules that you set up to code the transactions appropriately. It makes reconciling your bank statement a complete breeze!

Cons

There are some issues with payroll that can only be corrected by calling in to Customer Support. I find this annoying when I personally know and understand how the correction needs to be made. I do, however, understand that not everyone understands the ramifications of making corrections.

Terry from Midnight Magix Inc.

Accounting at your fingertips anywere

My experience with Quickbooks online has been mostly positive. I find the best thing is that I can just pull up the software on the web, or in the app on my phone and take care of business while I am out on the road doing service calls.

Pros

I like that I can access my information while I am out on the road. It's also a bonus that it integrates with my ticking software so that I can just export the information from that and it syncs right into Quickbooks online. I also depend on the ability to input and scan expense receipts so that I don't have to do it when I get home.

Cons

The price is a little hard to swallow when coming from the desktop version of Quickbooks for so many years. Also there are some features that is in the Desktop version that hasn't been implemented yet.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

I chose Quickbooks Online over the alternatives because it was supported by my other software as well as I was familiar with Quickbooks desktop already.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

I made the switch to Quickbooks online to help with not having to come back to the office after a long day and still have to input stuff into the desktop software. Now I can just go home with peace that the information is already there.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2021

Hey there, Terry! We deeply appreciate you taking the time to write your review, and we're so glad to hear that transitioning to QuickBooks Online has helped simplify your daily work-flow! If you need anything or have questions in the future, feel free to get in touch through the Help (?) icon in-account. You can also reach out through our QB Community: (quickbooks.intuit.com/community) Or on our Social Media pages for support as well! All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Chris from Free Financial

Upgraded from Quickbooks Desktop to Save Time Every Month

It's been very simple to use overall. I enjoy being able to work on or books from any computer or even a cell phone. Previously I could only access our bookkeeping records by physically going into our office.

Pros

The best part of Quickbooks Online is its integration with our business bank account. Prior to QB Online we used QB desktop. We would have to manually review expenses and bank accounts to make sure everything was entered into Quickbooks correctly and would constantly come across discrepancies due to data entry errors. Now that we use Quickbooks online, we have it integrated with our business account and simply identify what category each expense belongs to. It's also easy to set a "rule" for certain expenses (for example recurring monthly charges) to automatically categorize these every month. This has saved us many hours of data entry every month which is very valuable for a small business.

Cons

It takes a little time to get used to some of the changes from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks online. For instance, I have a hard time figuring out where to make manual journal entries and have to use Google to figure it out. Also, the price can be significantly higher than the desktop version depending on how you use it. Currently a desktop version for my needs without a subscription can be bought for $399. In the past I have been able to use a desktop version for several years. For example, when I switched from Desktop to QB online in early 2021, I was still succesfully using a 2018 vesrion of QB Desktop. Currently I am paying $300 every year for the online version.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We wanted to increase automation and reduce manual tasks.

Breanna from E Accounting Services

Best for those not trained in accounting

QBO is great because it allows our clients access to their books any time, anywhere. We are finding this is increasingly important to our clients. It also allows clients to do their own invoicing and receive payments themselves in the same system we are using for their bookkeeping. This product really is the future of bookkeeping.

Pros

Far and away the best feature of this software is that it's cloud based. So many clients want to be able to see their books from anywhere, at any time, on any device. If you are using this for a small business and are not trained in bookkeeping/accounting, this is the easiest bookkeeping software on the market.

Cons

If you are a trained bookkeeper/accountant you will likely be disappointed that it's not as flexible as Sage 50. They payroll module is terrible unless you have simple payroll with no deductions or special pay circumstances. While you can do a journal entry with a supplier name, you can't enter a negative invoice. They've updated with a credit card credit that allows you to enter a negative credit card transaction but it's limited to credit card transactions only.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

QBO is far more advanced than the Sage cloud product. My preference would be Sage 50 but because this is cloud based, it's the next best thing.

Quickbooks Online- The Easy Accounting Software

It is great accounting software for a small business. We are able to manage expenses, send invoices, run payroll, keep track of inventory and generally organize our books. Access to accounting information from anywhere anytime is a plus. It is fairly affordable and has a 30-day free trial.

Pros

The linking of the bank accounts makes reconciliation easy at the end of the month. The banking interface allows for the classifying of transactions which makes work easy for recurring transactions. The software integrated well with our existing business management software. Customers are able to make payments online easily. The ability to access the accounting information from anywhere comes in handy especially in these times when organizations are moving to remote working due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Cons

The frequent upgrades sometimes make it difficult to find features that you have used previously. Customer support can do better in promptly assisting customers when an issue arises. If an error occurs in the original entry, correcting it is usually a lengthy process. You may have to contact customer support to do it from the back end.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Quickbooks Online is cloud-based, has more automation, and is easy to use as compared to Quickbooks Desktop which is locally installed and has a steep learning curve. Generally, Quickbooks online seemed more suitable for our business needs.

Would recommend for anyone who is overwhelmed with by their accounting process

Has been so nice to get organized and have everything in one place. It really helped to analyze and get controls on spending, collecting receivables, and putting out monthly profit and loss statements.

Pros

The best feature for our company was the bank interface. All our expenses on all bank accounts and credit cards are all downloaded automatically. Even better is you can train this process using rules so that recurring transactions can be classified immediately resulting in little to no work on the user part. Reconciliation is nearly done at the end of the month as any transaction that is entered through the connection to the bank is automatically checked and matched for reconciliation. Tracking vendors for year end 1099 forms is also a great feature we use annually.

Cons

Cons are that if you do not the rules of accounting and are a small business owner with a tight budget and cannot an accountant, you really need to do your homework on what and when to do certain processes like turning the year over. Sometimes the software can run a little heavy on our computer, but there is an installable version you can put on your computer to resolve the issue. The help topics have not been much of a help. I usually refer to google searches as opposed to the topic center included in the software.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

We ultimately chose Quickbooks for its brand recognition and excellent online reviews. Internet based operations was also a very attractive feature.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We switched because we were using a system to record transactions was antiquated and prone to human error upon entry not to mention the data entry process was very time consuming. We also needed everything all in one place to be a more effective strategy.

Mike from Spectrum Creative Interiors

Makes daily financial task super easy

QBO is a daily workhorse for me. Payroll is a breeze with direct deposit, reconciling now takes 2 seconds because of the bank feed, and it's easier to stay on top of my accounts and balances.

Pros

The integration with banking transactions is what I like the most about QBO. It makes daily entering so easy. The bank feed allows me to add transactions in real time to proper accounts. I don't need to remember to manually create expenses after making payments because I know it will be there tomorrow in QBO for me to add.

Cons

What I like least about QBO, is the inability to go back on mistakes the same way I could with the manual desktop version. In Quickbooks Desktop, I could easily change things like payroll or tax transactions if I made a mistake in the original entry. But with QBO, there are a lot of times I have to reach out to support to get them make changes in the back end.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

I chose QBO because Intuit was able to migrate my Quickbooks Desktop company to Quickbooks Online very easy.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Wanted to be able to access my books anywhere my accountant suggested it.

Kurt from Abra Marketing

I Love the Access I have with Quickbooks Online

As I already said, I love the direct access to my numbers and the added reporting that has allowed me to better run my company by quickly getting insights I need. It's a lot easier for customers to pay online and I'm finding more and more of the moving that direction vs. sending in checks, so it's good that we are set up in this way now.

Pros

I started using desktop Quickbooks back in 2000 right after I first started the company. As a single-person company at first, I got used to being in the books almost every day. As we grew we added an in-house Bookkeeper. A few years ago I relocated the company to a different area and we kept our Bookkeeper who stayed in the original area. I really missed having direct access to the numbers so last year I switch to Quickbooks Online and I love it. In addition to having direct access to the numbers I need, it has a lot of other functionality and reporting that I really like. It's also great for clients to easily pay the invoices online. It's making a night and day difference. Support has been great as well.

Cons

It's definitely very expensive to be paying a pretty high fee every month - especially compared to the desktop version where we bought it and were good for years to come. It's definitely worth it but I'd be more of an evangelist if the pricing was a little easier on the pocket book.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Switched from Desktop since our Bookkeeping is remote so I could get direct access to the company's financees.

Joshua from Lake City Inspections LLC

It's The Standard, But Not Because It's The Best

Overall, we still use it because it's the best option for our accountant and it integrates well with our business management software. However, if another stable option presented itself with a similar feature set but providing a better client experience I would absolutely consider moving to another product.

Pros

The biggest pro of Quickbooks is that your accountant is going to be very familiar with it. The second biggest pro is that it's probably going to be integrated with whatever software you use to manage your business.

Cons

The software can be quite "buggy" at times, adjusting options randomly with no explanation. Not only this, but it can be difficult to get certain features to even work. For example, the T-Sheets integrations never exported our employee information over, which defeated the purpose of using T-Sheets versus another time tracker. Neither the Quickbooks nor T-Sheets customer support could ever find out why this was not working. On the subject of Quickbooks customer support, they don't seem to be very well educated in the software itself. The times I've had to contact them, they were not very helpful and didn't seem to have any more knowledge of the product than I had.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

It's still the standard option for accountants and integrates with everything we need.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Needed a more extensive feature set and something an accountant could access remotely

Kristen from Vaal'bara Historical Society

Industry: Writing and Editing

A little outdated, but still reliable software workhorse

There's not much I can say in addition to what I've said in the above sections. I've been using QuickBooks for around 10 years, both for my own business as well as when working for other small businesses in the past, and it's been both a joy and a pain in the butt at times. Overall, I'd still highly recommend QuickBooks as the go-to software for most businesses, because it's just so versatile and has a lot of great features. However, I'd highly recommend watching a few videos or even taking a class or two before using some of the more complex features. Otherwise, you're bound to make one small mistake that acts like a parasitic vine, weaving and entangling its way into the rest of your account features, and becoming a bit of pain to unravel.

Pros

Because QuickBooks has been around for so long, there are tons of resources for information regarding how to use the software most effectively, and how to troubleshoot particularly strange issues that may arise. I appreciate that QuickBooks can be used for a business of almost any size, whether you're running a small business from home, or a multi-million dollar per year construction company. There are plenty of options for things like inventory management, accounts payable/receivable, billing/invoicing, tax scheduling, etc. The options are nearly endless, and (most) of them are reasonable easy to figure out with a little experience and know-how.

Cons

Because QuickBooks was created so long ago, some of their features continually fall behind the times. They're always just one step behind technological innovation, and their software isn't always the most user-friendly. I think it may be a symptom of the software being designed by tax-minded individuals, who tend to think wildly differently from the majority of people who are going to use this software. Some of the features are difficult to find or use, the user-interface is a bit clunky, the software can be a bit slow at times, and there's a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

No alternatives were considered or used before QuickBooks. It's the most widely-know and widely-used, and I'm familiar enough with it after 10 years that I haven't actually considered switching to a new product.

Julianna from BSIT LLC

QuickBooks Great for General Operations

We are able to keep a live time view of the company's financials every day. Even when we cut vendor checks and are waiting for them to be cashed, our QB's bank already shows our actual available bank amount with the amounts already deducted. This way we know what we have to spend elsewhere without worrying if there is enough to cover other reoccurring expenses.

Pros

The ease of adding vendors and customers is great. Once you iron out the how to of the invoice templates they can be very useful to switch what is needed on each invoice per customer. The general ledger allows you to copy previous transactions which is useful for reoccurring transactions such as Payroll or loan payments. All you have to do is edit the date and transaction amounts (if yours change ie. Interest and principal amounts) and save. It keeps you from having to re-select accounts each time which is a huge time saver. Reports are useful such as PNL, Balance Sheet, AP and AR. It allows you to see where you may need to break out different accounts or where some can be combined for a better financial company overview.

Cons

We did expierence an isolated incident where we printed checks but the system did not record the money paid for each vendor. But still marked the invoices selected for each vendor as paid. It took some time to figure out that was the issue, which was a bit frustrating. I had to go back into every vendor and invoice to reapply the amount paid so our AP and business bank account were accurate again. Not sure why this occured but as I said it happened once and we were able to iron it out. I also would say under FILE and Forms it would be nice to have this under reports so there is one place to print out what you want. The forms section is very small and a bit confusing on the descriptions of what your looking to print. For example if I want to print a list of all the checks or invoices that I just paid/printed checks for...I always forget exactly where to go. Same for if I need to print a complete list of invoices paid on a check for a vendor as it was to long to print on the check reference voucher. I always have to play around to remember where I got it the first time.

Tosif from ATCO CARRIER INC

QUICKBOOKS for INVOICING

Overall quickbooks is a good tool for small business to track expenses, invoice customers and track the invoices received. You can even email and customize invoices right from the software.

Pros

Quicksbooks is a great software for the small busineess. It allows for invoicing customers in an easy way. If you are out of the limit for the invoices, you can make a small purchase and make it online and can access it from anywhere and everywhere from the tablet, pc or phone. It is a real easy way for tracking the invoices and marking them paid with accounts receivable. It also allows for digital time card where you can record the employees time of in and out. Great software and easy to learn.

Cons

The things you want to consider improving the software is it should give easy ways for tracking the accounts paid and invoices paid by the customer. Everything else looks pretty decent.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Quickbooks is easy to use than any other software. As it can be use with or without internet. For invoices online you need internet to access your files and folders. With quickbooks you can backup your data and use it anywhere from any device like phone, tablet and pc.

Charlee from The Hello House LLC

Thorough, organized bookkeeping software with plenty of features

Overall, Quickbooks has been very valuable to my business, easy to use for both clients and myself, and organized in terms of layout and use. However, I wish the fees charged for processing payments were lower.

Pros

For my business, I send monthly invoices, so Quickbooks' invoicing feature and the ability to accept all kinds of payments is a must for my business. I find the invoices simple to create, and they look professional and attractive on the customer's end. I also like that I am able to customize the invoice template easily so that I can modify how it appears to the customer. My clients have not had any problems paying through Quickbooks' invoices, and most of them actually prefer to pay this way rather than through other methods such as cash or checks. I like that I am able to select or deselect payment methods for each individual customer. Quickbooks' system has simplified my payment process and my clients are satisfied. I use the Quickbooks Online feature of adding my accountant to my account for no additional cost, and I like this feature because if I have any problems or questions, I don't have to try to explain in detail each concern; instead, my accountant can just log into my account and view any discrepancies herself. This has been a lifesaver on multiple occasions. Another feature I like is the ease of use with categorizing bank transactions and expenses. Quickbooks suggests categories and automatically matches most transactions that it estimates are paid invoices. They are correct the majority of the time, and this makes matching payments to invoices a breeze. I also like the records that Quickbooks makes, such as records that show my profit and loss by month.

Cons

While Quickbooks is very critical to my business and makes bookkeeping easy for me, I do find the payment processing fees a bit expensive. I suppose the fees are on par with other payment processing systems; however, at the end of the month, it is a bit surprising to see how quickly all of the individual payment fees add up on top of the $25 I pay each month to have Quickbooks Online. My complaint about this software would definitely be the fees associated with payments my customers make through Quickbooks.

Lisa from Boogles

QBO helps me to manage

My overall experience with the software has been overhwelmingly positive. I can use it to bill clients, attach timesheets, run payroll, connect to the bank and reconcile, and also connect the credit card to the system. It's been really handy.

Pros

I like the fact that payroll is integrated, I love the automated reporting (saves me having to remember to send reports), I like that you can upload documents to it, that you can now send in / attach receipts to it, and that you can do quite detailed reporting and drill down on numbers easily, that you can lock the records to stop people going back in and changing anything by mistake, and that reports can be by classes, so you can monitor spending and income by 'class' / project. I like the reporting functionality and the ease of use.

Cons

I'd like the receipt capturing software to be a bit better (its basic at the moment, but I'm sure it'll improve as it was only a feature added this year), I don't like the fact that although my paypal links, (I have multi currency within paypal) and this doesn't seem to reflect well within the software.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

I made the switch as I could see that things were moving more online, and the thing with the desktop was that you could mistakenly work on the wrong version if you hadn't downloaded the latest backup. It was much more convenient to be able to log on from anywhere, plus when it started to support payroll - that was it. It became everything we needed to run the accounts from one place.

Taylor from TransParent

Overall a great choice for nonprofits

Overall I am very pleased by my experience with QBO. While I struggled with initial implementation, it has very much streamlined financial management once I figured out how to more efficiently utilize the software. The flexibility of using QBO through my browser of software download is an immensely important feature that I cannot overstate - since my position is volunteer/unpaid, if I ever leave the organization they cannot be tied to a software downloaded on my personal laptop. Plus its just nice to know that I have access anywhere I need, regardless.

Pros

QBO has made it so much easier to stay on top of finances for the nonprofit I work with. It's so nice to add bills for reimbursement of expenses to stay on top of when the expense occurred as well as when the reimbursement check was written vs deposited. Automatic linking to my bank account and to paypal is a lifesaver. I don't know what I would do without locations or being able to use classes for fund reporting/functional expenses.

Cons

There was definitely a steep learning curve, and I've just had to accept that some of the transactions I was doing when I first started weren't done in the most 'ideal' way. I'm adding historical finances for 8 years and struggling with handling inventory in particular, since I'm both trying to keep up with current purchases/sales and build the historical financial statements. While the QBO online forum is generally helpful for troubleshooting issues, sometimes I run into features that just aren't available on QBO and only on QuickBooks desktop which is incredibly frustrating when I know how useful it would be.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

QBO is just more of an industry standard. I felt that there would be more help available/issues would have been better fixed in the past since its usage is so widespread.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We were practically unable to do any reasonable financial analysis. The historical treasurers used the cash method without breaking out actual expenses rather than reimbursement checks, so we lost so much detail that I'm now trying to recreate.

Great for Small Business Owners

Their customer service line has been a huge help with any questions that I have and has made it possible for me to implement and use this software. Without it, I'm not sure that I would be able to fully utilize QuickBooks online. Overall, I've had a positive experience with this product and would buy it again

Pros

We like that we can access QuickBooks from any computer now rather than it simply being on one desktop. The most useful part of this software is knowing that I am compliant in the areas that I need to be as far as payroll goes. I was essentially self taught to do our books and QuickBooks Online made it easy for me to make sure that we were legal in our payroll process and helped me to identify mistakes I had made.

Cons

It is a lot cleaner and the interface is more simple than desktop but sometimes I feel that the functionality is not as good as the desktop version. QuickBooks online does not communicate with Skyworks, an autodealer software, very well and that has been frustrating to have to input the data twice. We are considering moving to a different software for auto dealers and I am anxious to see if it will be able to pull the data into QuickBooks better.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We made the switch to see if the new software would communicate better with our auto dealer software and also to make sure that everything was online so that it would be saved in a cloud. There were many times that our computers would crash and the data would not be saved so we would have to input all of the entries again which was very time consuming and frustrating. QuickBooks Online has really helped with this problem.

Tara from North Bay Bookkeeping Services

QuickBooks Online has changed my life

QBO has been life-changing for me and my practice. I have clients all over the country, without QBO is could not have grown my business at the same rate.

Pros

I love the QBO eco-system. The eco-system allows me to offer more resources and solutions to my clients. QBO doesn't have to do it all for all industries, it just has to partner with 3rd party app developers that are specialists in their industries.

Cons

There is a lack of communication from Intuit / QuickBooks. For example, if a user can't access their company file, they don't know if it's a QuickBooks issue, an internet issue, a browser issue or user error. I wish QuickBooks would send an email that says QBO is down for an hour. And if a function is not working, let us know, keep us informed of progress made.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

The eco-system and name recognition.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

I needed/wanted to offer my clients remote support and more options.

Quickbooks Online has changed our whole model

Pros

Quickbooks online has allowed our organization to update, modernize, and change the way we approach our finances. Within a few months, we moved from a fairly archaic book keeping system to one that is completely modernized, online, and easier to use. Our whole team has saved time and frustration after making the change to QBO. Changing to Quickbooks online has helped us to improve our record-keeping, issue payments faster, made it easier for us to prepare for an annual audit, and provides many different options for planning, budgeting and reporting for a Board of Directors. With a small team, we are very appeciative of the Help features and online support available.

Cons

The only issue I have run into so far with Quickbooks Online is that there is a limit to the number of automatic reports that can be generated. For example, we would love to have the option to pull a variance report automatically from our records. Luckily, Quickbooks Online does provide you the features needed to build custom reports - so we got what we needed with a little bit of work.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

We chose Quickbooks online because it offered us the best mix of price, functionality, user support, and financial management. With a small team with limited financial knowledge, we felt that Quickbooks Online offered us the most for our limited budget.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We made the switch from Quickbooks Non-Profit to Quickboks Online as our operations began to grow and develop. We are a small nonprofit with one physical location, but often have people working from all over the country. By switching to Quickbooks Online, we were able to easily collaborate nationally, bring in a remote bookkeeper to help us grow, and manage all of our financial data digitally - rather than relying on paper copies in a single office.

Phil from Diamond Computer Incorporated

A constantly moving target, but works well for basic SB accounting needs...

We initially moved from QuickBooks Pro Desktop to the Online version to allow for our new Online Service Management System (RazorSync) to easily export invoices into QB for processing. In that regard, QB Online has worked well and met expectations. It's obviously an evolving product and there have been many changes to it over the time we've been on the service; some good, some not-so-much. The reporting module is very limited and unless one of the canned reports is close to what you want it's a struggle to obtain some information in a format that's useful. All those issues aside however it's been a good solution for our company and we expect we'll continue to use it.

Pros

It's wonderful to have access to our accounting system from any Internet-connected device. Integration with our Service Management System (RazorSync) has allowed us to turn Service Orders into invoices and send them via QuickBooks Online quickly and easily, which has absolutely improved how quickly we get paid on jobs. The Payroll module makes it easy to pay our employees and calculate the necessary withholding and taxes due.

Cons

The reports in the Online version are clunky and horribly limited. Recently Intuit modified what was included in the package we were in and limited the number of accounts we're allowed to have in the Chart of Accounts without paying a higher fee, so we're stuck not being able to add new accounts unless we want to go to the "next tier". Last year we needed to reprint some older tax forms that weren't showing up so we were forced to contact support for assistance. We finally got what we needed done but it took contacting two different support reps as the first one obviously wasn't familiar with the product and made changes to our accounting data that had to then be fixed by the second rep.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Integration with our new Hosted Service Management System (RazorSync).

Gloria from A Greener Clean LLC

Perfect for small business

Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Pros

I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Cons

The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

It was a great all in one product at a price that fit my budget

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

My accountant suggested I use Quickbooks because they have capability to file state and federal forms.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436 Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Dan from Triangle Apartment Association

Great Product for Small Businesses

Our experience has overall been very good. The price is very reasonable and has made things easier to use. Also, it has saved our company a lot of time and made things very efficient.

Pros

I like how easy the product is to use. I find it very easy to navigate and figure out how to use different parts of the software. Also, I like that they are continuing to roll out new updates and features. For instance, they just rolled out a feature where they will automatically send out past due notice. This has helped save a lot of time and improved our AR drastically. I think all in all, it has a lot to like about the product.

Cons

I think the reporting can improve a lot. They do have Fathom reporting, but that seems hard to use. I would like for more straight forward reporting that is easier to use. I think their customer service could also improve. Whenever I have a questions, they always provide an answer, but it is not much help. It seems like they need more qualified individuals to help out with any questions you have.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

What had just purchased a new database system and QuickBooks Online interacts with that in real time. Before, we were having to double entry every one of our invoices. This has helped saved time drastically and made our processes a lot more efficient.

Steve from Foundations Decor

Great where fits - might leave you looking for more

Moved from QB Desktop. Love having access where-ever and multiple people able to access it. QBO is much less feature rich than QBD. But, with QBD, you have to either log into a server, or remote desktop. It's stuck in the 90's. So, to make it even work, we had to get a plugin to manage our inventory and orders. If QB Desktop version would move online, it would definitely be a 30 year leap back to the present.

Pros

Quickbooks is easy to use, widely known, and priced affordably. Good for a small business. Having it online was a necessity. Having it link to bank accounts so smoothly is nice.

Cons

If it's not the QB way, you have NO WAY. They are not interested in helping with any needs of YOUR business. If your business doesn't fit into THEIR way, too bad. But, overall, they have a good program that fits most of your business needs. i.e. If you want sales orders and inventory management - you might as well be asking a rock. i.e. If you want to use your own credit card processor, they will force extra steps on you and take away features and functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Neither Zoho or Xero were able to handle orders, backorders (purchase or sales), and inventory correctly. So, we had to go with QBO and a plugin.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Needed and online version.

Robin from The Digital Marketing People

Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose

It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Pros

I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Cons

It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Our new accountant uses Quickbooks for the full set of services we needed so we needed to switch over to Quickbooks.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156). We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Tim from Pure Word Church

Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances

QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Pros

I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Cons

There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Excel is not the best financial software!

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/). We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Sarah from EVB

Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits

From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Pros

Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Cons

The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725). Lastly, we invite you to take a look at the following link to find out more about processing payments in your QuickBooks account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/merchant-services/process-payments-in-the-merchant-service-center/00/186106). Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Scott from Maryland Estate Treasures

The proverbial 800 pound gorilla still works!

QBO is the only one with the complete package that includes the ability to write and track checks. Since my business is simple, I need a lighter, "for dummies" mode that could remove a lot of clutter when it is not necessary. As a consignment business, I use software that is specific to the industry. It keeps all of the data I need to meet regulations. For QBO, a payment is a simple transaction. I wish the system could be lighter and less cluttered.​

Pros

Aside from keeping things in order, it allows someone with no accounting experience to do the basic bookkeeping activities, produce reports, and keep up with the finances. I like that it will connect with the bank and download activities! Best of all, it will print checks!

Cons

Connection with the bank can be flakey, depending on the bank. You have to watch the activity because QB does not tell you if there are problems. It should provide an option to warn you when it could not contact the bank overnight. Also, it is very difficult to use the check lineup processes. For some reason, I cannot get the check printing to line up properly and the tools they give do not work well.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

In my business, the law requires that I pay clients with checks or store credit. I need the ability to write checks and have them tracked in the accounting software. QBO is the only package I found that can write checks.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 4,597 reviews