All Tabs3 Reviews

Tracy

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

I highly recommend Tabs3 Software

We use Tabs for our timekeeping and billing, the Tabs3 Connect is a great feature for attorneys to enter their time on the go. The General Ledger and Accounts Payable software integrate well with each other and with Tabs, so that saves on duplication of work. Practice Master has great features and is a great database for containing the information needed for our clients.

PROS

The software is very user friendly, the programs are intuitive and the e-mail bills are a great function! We have been using all the products offered by Tabs3 for over 25 years. The upgrades always have something new and better when they come out.

CONS

There just isn't enough time for me to learn all the capabilities of the software.

Tracy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate hearing from you. Unfortunately I can't add more time to the day, but if there's something we can do to make things easier for you, please let us know! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Replied August 2019

Law Practice, 1 employee

Tabs3 Outstanding Technical Support

PROS

Tabs3 is a complete fully integrated practice accounting software that includes back office, time and billing, and trust accounting. THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS THE BEST.

CONS

Having used a competing product for almost 30 years, some of the functions are not intuitive, so there is a bit of a learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Tabs3

I left my former firm and started a new firm. My research resulted in the conclusion that Tabs3 was a more appropriate product for my new firm and was more reasonably priced. PCLaw was cost prohibitive. Also, Tabs3 technical support is far superior to PCLaw technical support.

James, thank you for your comment! Some of the major selling points of our software are both the reasonable prices as well as the excellent support that we provide our users. We are pleased that you've successfully migrated from a competitor to Tabs3 products! Thanks again for your review. Jay C., Sr. Training Specialist

Reviewed March 2018

Unethical business practices. Maintenance is a not good. Poor treatment of customers.

PROS

It does what it is supposed to do. I use Tabs3 for billing and for keeping track of my client trust account. It has many useful features and reports.

CONS

They had very bad service when it comes to maintenance. The software is not very user-friendly, first of all, so you're likely going to need technical and/or customer support. I've been using it for nearly 10 years, and this is how they treated me: I paid the same price for maintenance for the first three years, and everything was fine. Then they decided it was time to start gouging me. Every year, the price went up. The service I received was exactly the same, but they decided to charge me more and more for it with each passing year. I asked them to please lock me in at a rate, and that I was willing to sign up for a long-term commitment, but they refused, insisting that I pay more with each passing year. Over a 3-year period, the price went up by nearly 100%. Eventually, I terminated my maintenance plan to keep my office costs down. After a year off, I decided to pay for another year of maintenance, hoping to start at a fresh, low rate. But the opposite happened-- they not only quoted me an even higher rate than before, but THEY TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PREVIOUS YEAR (the year in which I received no maintenance services) in order to get them to agree to provide me with maintenance again. WOW. Money for nothing. That's not just sleazy, it's unethical.

Deborah

A Simple Review by Lawyer

Using since forever and it has a wealth of information in it. Therefore, it would be hard to change. Younger staff members think it is cumbersome.

PROS

Synchronizes with Practice Master and Trust Accounting. Not having to repeatedly enter information. Conflict check is great, quick and easy

CONS

Cumbersome as it is really accounting based design. Reports are difficult sometimes to get the results you want. The overall billing process takes a lot of time, as we have to be sure lawyers & staff have all info correct.

Deborah, thank you for submitting a comment. We are grateful for your business, and if you or your staff have any suggestions on making the software more succinct and less cumbersome, we’d love to hear about them. You can email wishlist@tabs3.com. Thanks again! Jay C., Sr. Training Specialist

Andree

Reviewed November 2020

High praise for Tabs3

Everything was exceptional. We were able to download and test the software for our particular needs prior to purchase.

PROS

Installation and use of Tabs3 have exceeded our expectations. Attys and staff quickly learned it and like the ability to see a graph of their hours daily. For me, the billing and reporting functions are great. Customer support is accessible, knowledgeable and a big help. Also, the Help query gives lots of good documentation and tips. We installed easily, ran into some snags in first month but were quickly addressed with help from customer support.

CONS

So far we haven't hit an obstacle with use of the software or getting information from it. Much more information and reporting available for us still to explore.

Reason for choosing Tabs3

Liked the integration of Tabs3 with Practicemaster. Support team of Tabs3 was very good.

Reasons for switching to Tabs3

We liked the integration of Tabs3 with Practicemaster.

Andree, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave such kind words! We appreciate it very much. If there's anything more we can do to help, please let us know! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Replied December 2020

I'm a Fan of TABS

PROS

I like working with my representative and how all programs are integrated for ease of use and efficiency.

CONS

Like anything, it took a little while to get used to a new program.

Reason for choosing Tabs3

Highly recommended by a fellow attorney, and I really liked Rep of Law Firm Automation, who has been with me every step of the way!

Reasons for switching to Tabs3

I bought a law office and plan to expand, and I needed more efficiency.

Jennifer, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Replied July 2019

Kathleen

Long Time User

I chose TABS and TAS for our firm in 1999 and have recommended it to several other law forms, all of whom use it. I is so much easier to read the transactions and statements than the previous program. The updates have all been helpful and easy to install and integrate. I wouldn't use anything else!

PROS

The integration between trust accounts and TABS is great!

CONS

The write off component is confusing... on the transaction sheet the ending totals are off due to a write off

Reason for choosing Tabs3

Recommendations from others who were using TABS/TAS at the time.

Reasons for switching to Tabs3

The transaction list was so hard to read for others in the office; and the statements were very confusing to our clients, staff, and attorneys.

Kathleen, "Long Time User" indeed! We are thrilled that you found the reports and statement output of the software easy to read and have remained a loyal user for over 20 years! Please consider working with our Support Team regarding your write-off situation; we would love to help you determine the reason for the differences you are seeing. They can be reached by calling 402-419-2210 or email at support.team@tabs3.com. Jay C., Sr. Training Specialist

Kathy

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Review for Tabs3

I was intimidated and nervous for the change. After going over the program with another office who recommended Tabs3 I was able to see how everything connected for day-to-day transactions and felt less intimidated.

PROS

At first I was intimidated by the thought of using another software program but once we switched it became user friendly.

CONS

We manually entered all our clients as our previously software did not allow us to move information over.

Reason for choosing Tabs3

Referred to us by another attorney's office.

It was outdated

Kathy, we appreciate that you were open to learning new software and now use Tabs3 with confidence. Thank you for your kind review! Jay Crosier, Sr. Training Specialist

Heather

We LOVE Tabs3 Software

I've been using Tabs3 for over 16 years. It's by far the BEST accounting/practice management software on the market. I've never had a problem that tech support couldn't fix!

PROS

Tabs3 has flawless integration between all the modules - from PracticeMaster to Trust accounting and their tech support is second to none!

CONS

If I could fix 1 thing in the software it wold be not having as many exclusive tasks and being able to combine GL entries to match to imported bank transactions.

Heather, thank you for your glowing comment. I have also submitted your enhancement suggestion to our Development Team for consideration. Thanks again! Jay C., Sr. Training Specialist

Sue

Reviewed March 2024

Absolutely necessary for running our business.

I have been using it for many, ok 30+ years and I love it.

PROS

It is easy to use, flawless in my opinion for what our firm needs it for.

CONS

Not sure I can think of anything that I would change. There are updates to keep on top of new things which I like.

Reason for choosing Tabs3

NA - I was not at this firm when they chose the software, but I have been working at this firm for 22 years and it is all we have ever needed.

Sue, we sincerely appreciate your submission. The terms “absolutely necessary” and “flawless” are wonderful ways to summarize your experience! Thanks for your kind words! Jay C. Sr. Training Specialist

Richard

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

TABS3 afficionado

Consistent response and use for entry of fees and expenses. Billing fairly simple.

PROS

Integration with Outlook for entries of fees, expenses, calendaring ,etc.

CONS

Somewhat uncomfortable with use for flat fees

Reason for choosing Tabs3

Cost, ease of use, and inclusion of practice management functions

Reasons for switching to Tabs3

Became disillusioned with Timeslips after years of use. Also TABS includes Practicemaster case management function that Timeslips did not

Richard, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave a review! We appreciate the feedback. If you'd like to reach out with suggestions on how you'd like to see flat fees implemented, we'd be happy to hear your suggestions! Thanks again! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Replied November 2020

MARY

Reviewed December 2020

Reliable and Convenient

We have used the product for over 30 years and are impressed with the continued updating to keep current with new technology. I am looking forward to one day being able to "dial" the client through VOIP integration already in the office.

PROS

The fact that this suite of programs interact with each other is wonderful. Everyone in the office can work in the programs simultaneously and have access to all information about any one of the clients. If one staff member enters information, notes, scans documents, enters time or costs for a client, every person will have access to that same information. This solves a lot of explaining to clients "I will ask her when she comes in if that document is ready" because the document is right there attached to their client information for all to see. Of course, you can limit by group which staff members can access what information depending on security of certain financial rights.

CONS

If you have more than one person writing checks, you must wait for the other person to finish before you can print your checks. There isn't a "stacking" policy in the payables program.

Overall integration

Luann

Multi-functional software

The integration features of the billing, accounts payable, general ledger and trust accounting are wonderful and such a time saver. The credit card payment feature is seamless and so easy to use.

PROS

We use Tabs 3 billing, Accounts Payable, Trust Accounting and General Ledger programs. The ease of integration is such a time saver. The credit card payment option is so seamless and user friendly.

CONS

The cost. We have been using this software since 1992. I don't like the fact that when a new enhancement comes out, i.e. when PracticeMaster was introduced, and now Platinum, you basically have to buy whole new software rather than a nominal upgrade fee--especially when we have been paying the annual maintenance fee on all separate programs. We have no use for PracticeMaster, yet it is necessary to integrate with our Worldox file management software.

Integration features

Luann, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it very much! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Replied July 2019

Hannah

Reviewed January 2020

TABS3 has potential but the interface is outdated

Our firm switched to Cosmolex, which I've found much more user friendly and easy to use. I much prefer it. TABS seems like a software that was invented at the dawn of the computing age and has been much improved upon in later iterations and should probably just retire or completely rebrand.

PROS

Searching for clients is simple and entering time is relatively easy. The hot keys/shortcuts option is good for repetitive or redundant entries and saves a lot of time.

CONS

Finding past invoices is much more difficult than it should be and the interface as a whole takes a lot of experience and know-how to navigate efficiently. It is not user-friendly or very intuitive. Tasks that seem like they should be the simplest seem to be hidden in layers of over complicated options and confusing defaults.

Hannah, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave a review! We're always working on making Tabs3 better, it's our goal to make Tabs3 the best possible software for law firms. We're going to continue working on making the user experience even better. Thank you again for using Tabs3, and for taking the time out of your day to give us feedback! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Replied January 2020

Tanya

Reviewed February 2020

Wonderful Billing and Practice Management Software

Overall, I would highly recommend Tabs3 billing and PracticeMaster to streamline management of your client information and billing.

PROS

I have used Tabs3 billing software for years and absolutely love it! It is easy to learn and makes billing almost effortless. It offers so many features that allow you to customize statements according to client needs. We also use PracticeMaster and it is remarkable software as well. It makes it easy to consolidate all client information in one place that is accessible to everyone in the firm.

CONS

What I like least about Tabs3 is the initial statement design is somewhat cumbersome. I also do not care for the flat fee billing options; there is not enough flexibility. I cannot think of anything I do not like about PracticeMaster.

Tanya, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback. We're working on a lot of new features for Version 2020 and beyond that we think you'll like. Thank you again! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Replied February 2020

Nancy

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Tabs3 Billing, Accounting & Practice Management

I have been using Tabs3 software for 30+ years. As a consultant, I am familiar with many of the other legal software packages, and the one I use for my business is Tabs3. It continues to evolve with the latest technology, and I completely trust the integrity of the software.

PROS

The software is rock-solid. It is comprehensive and integrates all areas of the law practice. The company (STI) is meticulous in producing bug-free software, and they are immediately responsive to all support questions. The user interface is intuitive and the work-flow is easy. The process to email bills has reduced my billing time from 2 days to 1 hour. Too many great features to list them all. I give this software my highest recommendation.

CONS

One minor option I'd like to see is the ability to change WIP transactions for costs as well as for fees.

Nancy, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it, and your years of experience! As always, let us know if there's anything we can do to help! - Emily L., Software Trainer

Replied October 2019

Deborah

Reviewed August 2022

I love using TABS3!

Every time I need assistance, the expert at TABS3 is there to help me and assure me they would work with me and resolve the problem, and they do just that. Recently, my computer completely failed and my IT person did not think I could save any of my billing software - my backup was corrupted. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at TABS3 saved me and after 3 days and about 10 hours, had my IT man reinstating my billing software. I could not have done this without [SENSITIVE CONTENT] dedication in going the extra mile.

PROS

User friendly and quick. Whenever I need expert advice I am on hold less than 2 minutes unlike a previous billing software company that would make me wait on hold for 45 minutes

CONS

Nothing to be improved to assist my law practice

Reason for choosing Tabs3

The person on the phone when I was trying to make a decision to change products.

Reasons for switching to Tabs3

I was tired of waiting on hold every time I had a question. The hold time was at least 45 minutes plus.

Cynthia