Browse ManyChat Reviews

Luciano from ChatBot Marketing

Industry: Information Services

December 2021

The reference app for conversational design

Overall experience excellent: we are dealing with a product that does many things and does them well. After an initial start a bit quiet and with few integrations, ManyChat has been able to conquer and establish itself in the market for advanced features, such as integrations and templates. This is the platform that I recommend to anyone who is starting from scratch.

Pros

The product is very easy to use: despite its high potential and the many things it allows you to do, the menus and features are always organized in an orderly and logical way. Good responsiveness and stability

Cons

I feel the lack of being able to make chatbots for the web channel: at the moment you can only create bots for Messenger, Email, SMS, Telegram, WhatsApp, and Instagram. In the free plan you can't do almost anything.

Reasons for Switching to ManyChat

Reduced costs, greater stability, more integrations, more publication channels

December 2021

Great messenger chatbot and SMS marketing tool!

ManyChat is a comprehensive chatbot that will meet most professional marketers' needs. The free version would be sufficient in most small business applications. Highly recommend the automation and messenger campaign marketing tools.

Pros

Capture leads directly from Facebook / Instagram messenger using live chat support icons embedded on your web pages or directly from your social media channels. Automated response workflows make it easy to setup a customer journey, provide FAQs more organically, and capture emails or phone numbers for future marketing.

Cons

ManyChat has some decent API options via Zapier which allows access to most tools and native integrations with CRMs like Hubspot and Salesforce. However, this is only contact data and not behaviors. A more comprehensive integration on the CRM contact record that links to ManyChat's SMS and chat activity would be very useful for sales lead scoring and customer service.

Reasons for Choosing ManyChat

ManyChat pro version won out due to its ease of deployment and features cost comparison. There is no comparison for Facebook / Instagram messenger campaign marketing.

Reasons for Switching to ManyChat

While other chat options like Drift have a more robust feature set at a higher price, the ManyChat pro version won out due to its ease of deployment and features cost comparison.

Shalm from Amazing Oils

Unable to actually message contacts

Very poor.

Pros

Fantastic UI and easy to understand features. If only they all worked.

Cons

We pay for 10,000 contacts each month ($65 USD / mth) yet we are unable to contact them. We have a full understanding of tags and requirements to contact them, however, support is unwilling to assist. When ManyChat uploads the 5,000+ contacts to Facebook Ads, Facebook is unable to match the data uploaded to even 2,000 contacts. When I contact Facebook Support, they tell me to talk to ManyChat. When I talk to ManyChat, they tell me to talk to Facebook. Very poor support and very poor functionality. They offer no access to the data they are uploading, so we are unable to check if there are any errors occurring and support is unwilling to assist. "Unfortunately, I can't provide that info to you, as we don't have enough insight into the Facebook Ads Manager processes. Please, make sure to address it to Facebook support." They should remove the services from their website, but that would defeat the purpose of building a messenger list and therefore make their pricing irrelevant. We will likely have to involve legal services, however, the legal costs will outweigh the subscription fees. Unfortunately for some companies like this is seems the only way.

Reasons for Switching to ManyChat

Better UI in exchange for higher fees. Ultimately support failed to provide any value.

Imran from KIWI

When it comes to chatbot automation and ease of use, ManyChat is the best option!

It's easy to implement, simply to use and extremely flexible in making ammendments.

Pros

What I really like about ManyChat is the ease with which I can create chatbot flows. What I also like is the visual statistics of it.

Cons

What I don't like about it is, and this isn't manychat's issue is that if I have facebook business manager and manychat apps on my phone, both tend to get messed up.

Reasons for Choosing ManyChat

They had the features that I wanted, but not as exhaustive as manychat.

Reasons for Switching to ManyChat

Tawk.to didn't have a bot feature

Smart bots to build your email list and increase your conversions

ManyChat offers a lot of options for people who want to engage their audience (and grow their email list). For me, this was the ideal tool to start using bots and it was easier than I expected. ManyChat comes with great features out of the box and templates that make getting started easy. The interface is modern, the software is updated frequently and well-supported. With so many people using this for different purposes, it's also easy to get inspired by other businesses. There's a whole community of ManyChat users that's sharing their strategies and examples. You can learn a lot from that. I certainly did, it has inspired my marketing.

Pros

This is an easy to use chat bot tool that has a lot of features for affordable pricing. It's one of the easiest bot software tools I've used for FB Messenger, and you can also use it for other channels (or a combination), which is really awesome. This smart tool helps creating engaging conversations while boosting your email leads and sales. It's very versatile, unlike other tools. I'm impressed with how well-thought-out this software is.

Cons

I don't have anything that annoys me. It's a solid tool with plenty of documentation so even though I was completely new to bots, I had one up and running quickly.

Chatbots made easy but with a tradeoff

Very positive. It's a great tool for marketing, advertising, collecting data and automating conversations that are basic and/or very repetitive within your operations/sales funnel. However this isn't machine learning or AI, so if you require more advanced tools you may be better off with other tools or hiring a specialist to develop more capable and flexible options.

Pros

No need of coding knowledge Relatively easy to implement. Great set of tools to launch basic to medium level of chatbots in regards of complexity. Free tools don't feel limited if your trying starting out or have basic needs. Payment tiers are based on your audience/subscriber base so it doesn't feel like your being forced to pay more than what your page needs.

Cons

With the easy to use interface comes a tradeoff in regards of final complexity of what you may deploy. If you're looking for a toolkit that allows you to develop chatbots you might be better off searching for other options. You're tied down to the compatibility options offered at the time by manychat. Bots require to be tied to a social media account. Managing more than one account at the same time may prove cumbersome.

Taufik from Digital Profix Agency

Engaging my audience

Overall, I satisfied with ManyChat. They have a lot of useful tools that I can use in my business.

Pros

ManyChat helps me to keep in touch with my audience even if I'm not online. I just need to set up a chat flow for my Facebook page, then ManyChat will respond to the question from my audience. Also, I can guide the cold leads to become my buyer with the follow-up sequence.

Cons

I love the ManyChat feature and tools, but sometimes they have error or bugs. I also got a complaint from my customer because of an error.

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

A must-have for the modern business owner

Pros

There are a few things I like about ManyChat. Firstly, its Facebook Messenger bot. Their Drag, Drop and Connect approach is straightforward and will make you feel like a chatbot genius, because you'll be able to create Facebook Messenger chatbot in minutes by simply clicking, dragging and dropping! Then, there's the text messaging feature. While email is still a powerful asset for marketing and sales, relying on text messages can turn out to be a very wise strategic move. I like the fact that ManyChat can be used for different texting-related things, including sending promo and coupon codes or even have people leave you their phone number or a product review. And if this wasn't enough, ManyChat lets me integrate the platform with tools I use for other parts of my business, like email marketing tools, CRM tools and payment gateways (plus, there's a Zapier integration, which means that I can leverage ManyChat in combination of plenty of other platforms).

Cons

As someone who isn't using Shopify, I would say that I wouldn't mind seeing what ManyChat does with Shopify with some other platform. In particular, I think that this could help with turning cart abandonments into opportunities to generate more sales

Ma Cristina from Go

Very User Friendly Bot

So far so good and I will keep it in my system.

Pros

I like how to set up the flow of the chat bot as it's very easy even without a flowchart knowledge. I can also easily edit it anytime.

Cons

Perhaps I haven't explored it completely yet but it seems that I'm looking for some emojis and icons that aren't abailable.

Reasons for Choosing ManyChat

IIt's user friend;y especially to people who has zero technical skills.

It was't easy to setup.

Eduardo from Search Optics

Great software but limited to FB policy

I created automations to handle customer support.

Pros

Manychat is super easy to user. Anyone can implement complex messenger automations with drag and drop functionalities. You can get a fully automated system up and running in hours.

Cons

Facebook Messenger policies are now very strict and that hurts Manychat because you can't message a user outside of the 24 hour period. This is now making list building in Messenger impossible.

armircle from Armircle Noland

Manychat User review

Manychat is easy to navigate and overall easy to send a message and get a quick reply and get new traffic. I like the different tools that help me build my Subscriber base. I can message a quick question or quiz and the customer will reply with a certain answer and they will automatically be added to my list.

Pros

Sending ads is now made Fast and perfectly with the ManyChat messenger bot. It has grown my customer list. I always build my messenger Bot in minutes. Sending my customers an AD in messenger with ManyChat convert much faster. My bot is always on autopilot capturing leads to my product. Their software includes Instagram and text messaging in email Bots which I use a lot. I schedule hundreds of broadcasts at one time. I even integrated Shopify and Google Sheets with my ManyChat Bot. I also save money on ads by cleaning my ManyChat list from Inactive Subscribers. That means I am not paying a premium for somebody who does not want to be on my list.

Cons

I like the idea of Sponsored Messages aka Manychat Paid Broadcast. But I don't like the payment processors like PayPal or stripe I would rather be able to get payments directly to my bank account hope they change it soon. to expensive need to go down on prices.

Interesting software for collecting customer information.

I still using free Manychat to collecting customer's Facebook IDs. I am happy about it. I will try to use the pro one again if I can get full support from the company like to talk to a human or any good tutorial if I can find one.

Pros

You can be collecting customer information who contact you by messager like Facebook id. And you can use that information when you promote your Facebook. That is the only function I use on the ManyChat platform right now.

Cons

I had subscribed for pro service and wish to use the chatbot to increase new customers and return customers and to sell my service and product inside Facebook Messenger. I found it very hard to use and I wasn’t successful on how to use it. So, then I unsubscribed.

Nora from Social Owl

Intuitive chat marketing platform

They have an amazing and responsive customer support team and I highly recommend it for building bots. It's also pretty inexpensive.

Pros

I love building bots on ManyChat and I always highly recommend it to my clients. It's easy to use and has all the features I need for my projects.

Cons

I don't really like their SMS service yet. It's been full of glitches so far and I've had to edit campaigns to make them work after back and forth with their support team (which is great! but I don't always have the time to troubleshoot)

Fall In Love With Manychat

It solved all my problems of spending time to reply comments , it's all automated. Best easy simple ever tool.

Pros

I use it to Auto reply comments in ManyChat software, very simple and it does everything. Creating flow is flowless features it sends messages automatically. Automatic like comment in flow creation is excellent. There is no need for Facebook to disable accounts or anything like that. Auto-reply comments in facebook is really worthfull feature. User input message in facebook page auto reply feature does all my work. I love it .

Cons

I don't find any least features. I like the tool.

Reasons for Switching to ManyChat

The feature of MMIO interface is good and simple.

Anamaria from Freelancer

Awesome for Facebook ads

Pros

Setting up the flow is really easy and they provide all tutorials you need in order to do a great job.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I didn't like about it. The only thing I would change would be the ownership of account to not be linkedin to Facebook but to email maybe in case anything happens to your Facebook to not lose ManyChat account.

Reasons for Choosing ManyChat

Seemed like a very interesting tool that is easy to set up compared to others. Also I read reviews that it did not have tracking issues compared to other similar tools such as Chatfuel.

Erin from Gomigo

Super easy to learn, intuitive bot builder. Just wish it could do stand-along chat bots

Pros

I looked into more than 50 chatbot options, even building out my project partially in 4 or so. ManyChat was the only option that had enough sophistication to support my extremely complex project. (My goal was to build my service as a chat bot, and use the revenue from that to build a stand-alone app.) The user interface was intuitive enough and pleasant enough that I didn't mind working in it all day, every day for about 3 months.

Cons

Unfortunately, we had to scrap our entire ManyChat project because our users had so much trouble getting to it. The Messenger embed widget on the website would display weirdly or the widget's buttons wouldn't work randomly. Messenger sometimes breaks its own linking infrastructure. Because it's a bot, it might disappear from a user's chat history. Other users simply didn't understand that it was within Messenger and that that's where they would go back to interact with it again. I had to switch to a no-code app builder, but if ManyChat had also supported its own bot that I could embed on a website, we would have stuck with it.

Connor from eCommerce Store

A must have for conversational commerce

Overall my experience has been good, I just wish the unlimited contact plan remained free.

Pros

I love the ability to build advanced flows to create conversational commerce experiences for my customers.

Cons

Recently ManyChat has removed their unlimited contacts free plan, which is unfortunate.

Marius from Ehrenvoll UG

Focused on Facebook & a little expensive

We used Manychat for all our facebook pages to sell items in a conversational style.

Pros

Its really easy to set up and every step is guided - you cant get it wrong! If you need a hyper focused tool for facebook marketing, this is the go to solution.

Cons

Its pricey and limited in functionality compared to other upcoming products.

Andrea from Andrea Russo

Industry: Writing and Editing

The perfect bot for your chat

I use for increase my traffic and interactions in my Social Networks page, till now i am very satisfied. I very funny create a lot of interesting chatbot with emoticons. I suggest to learn some tutorial for learn better this fantastic product.

Pros

I Love manychat because is a good software for create a lot of orignals chat bot, for my projetcs of Facebook pages and websites. Their have a good packages prices for professional use, but i use also free for simple projetcts.

Cons

When i started i found some difficoults, but after follow a tutorial in Youtube i understand how work.