• Pros

• "Setup was incredibly easy and the support to help do so was top notch."

• "I like that we receive a transcript of each conversation- this makes requests easy to funnel to the appropriate person within the bar. "

• "We've worked with other vendors in the past and have found Smith.ai among the easiest to use. They're very responsive, they communicate well, and serve as our front lines for client communications. "

• Cons

• "The interface is not the most intuitive to learn but customer support has been great with instructing on how to use it and offer assistance with setting up the whole service."

• "Not many questions allowed for the free version, so I had to play around with it a bit to get what I needed. I wish there were 2 more option questions in the free version."

• "There's no way to have local staff ran the chat box, only remote receptionists and bots. "

Browse Smith.ai Reviews

Kyle from The Law Offices of Kyle D. Pierce

Great support and easy setup

Pros

Setup was incredibly easy and the support to help do so was top notch.

Reasons for Switching to Smith.ai

Better integration with my overall platform, better pricing, and overall better support.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the review, Kyle! We're happy to hear your setup with us was easy!

RJ from Zebra

Outstanding Option for CX Help

The team has been helpful, responsive, and has helped with everything along the way.

Pros

Smith.ai has finally allowed us a scalable and affordable way to stay staffed 24/7. We had been dealing with a large volume of chat traffic to our website during off-hours (late nights & weekends) and were missing sales leads consistently. We tried overseas options, outsourced staffing in the US, and a variety of automated options but we didn't find a solution we were happy with until Smith.ai. Smith.ai has allowed us to convert a higher number of leads, and provide a much higher level of customer satisfaction. Would highly recommend to any team looking to increase response times and convert more leads.

Cons

It took some time to set up the Q&A portion initially, but it was well worth it.

Reasons for Switching to Smith.ai

We wanted to have live responses at any time of day aside from just automated bot responses. Smith.ai was the only option that we found that makes this possible at a reasonable rate.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your review, RJ! We're more than happy to help increase your response time and convert a higher number of your web leads!

Jerry from MacWorks, LLC

Smith.ai Website Chat- Highly Recommended

In our tech service business, people are looking for help at any time of the day or night and want immediate answers. Using website chat is like having someone on staff 24/7 . We no longer have to worry about lost leads or misdirected requests because we were not able to offer an immediate response. When choosing a chat service, we were drawn to Smith.ai by their very simple, transparent pricing structure and the no-obligation free trial. We had our chat running in literally minutes providing very human like responses to client inquiries. Smith.ai Website Chat has exceeded our expectations responding to new leads, 24 hours a day.

Pros

Before we started using website chat, we were consuming valuable personnel resources by responding to inquiries that were not applicable to our business or not in the area of our expertise. Using website chat frees our staff by automatically handling the client inquiry and gathering necessary information if a callback is required.

Cons

No negatives. The experience has been extremely positive.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the positive review of our live chat, Jerry! Now that we are 24/5 we're here to capture any inquiries that come in, day or night, and Chatbot can help pick up the rest. We're also glad you appreciate the free 10 chat trial! Let us know if we can help with anything else. Best, Smith.ai Team

Sara from Close to the Earth

Industry: Computer Networking

Serve your clients ASAP

I started with Smith 3 years ago after hearing the developer speaking on a podcast. I really needed to stop answering my own phones and I needed to gain some distance between myself and my clients when I was starting my business. Smith was a great option. I sighed up with them and never looked back. They even make outgoing calls and can help me with other tasks besides handing incoming communications.

Pros

I really like that I am able to put my website to the best possible use. I have a business where people will Google search and then pick the first business that communicates with them. It is vital to communicate with incoming contacts. Smith is great. They have awesome customer service and always make clients feel welcomed and valued.

Cons

The free version does not work well. The receptionist answered chat is the service that really works.

n/a

Response from Smith.ai

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Sara! We're happy to be responding to your new leads that find your business on Google!

Josh from JLY

Chatbot for website

The chatbot makes it easy for clients to get information without calling. It makes it faster for them and makes it less costly for us.

Pros

The chatbot is easy to configure and works well. I use it on my websites for new clients to get information about what we do. It also allows existing clients to reach out if they need to schedule an appointment. The ability to also have the chatbot staffed is very nice so that prospective clients can receive the excellent customer service from Smith.AI that they would get if they called in via phone.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. With any product you have to weigh the pros and cons of cost(if you want a staffed option) and implementation. Given the importance of potential new clients and existing clients needed to get information quick I think this is a no brainer.

Reasons for Choosing Smith.ai

I chose the free AI chatbot fro Smith.AI because they have a proven track record when it comes to implementing products and providing excellent customer service. The team at Smith is the best.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the positive review, Josh! We're thrilled you're having such a good experience with our Chatbot. We can also help set up the widget and build out a Q&A and Playbook for Chatbot too! Best, Smith.ai Team Let us know if we can help with that or anythi

Christine from The Legacy Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Don’t wait any longer - hire them !

Exceptional customer service! They are always available if I have questions and they’re always reliable when assisting my clients and leads.

Pros

Smith has made running my law firm so much easier. They answer every call in a professional and friendly manner. They also follow up on leads, schedule consultations, fill out my intake form which links to my CRM system, provide online chat and more!

Reasons for Switching to Smith.ai

I needed a company that could make outbound calls, schedule consultations while filling out my intake form, offer online chat and more!

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you so much for the lovely review, Christine! We're thrilled to hear managing your firm is easier using Smith.ai's CRM integration capabilities.

Maria from Law Offices of Maria N Jonsson, PC

Smith Chat Service adds Great Value to your Firm

My experience with the Chat Service and Smith altogether has been tremendous and I consider this company a huge asset to my Firm. Their customer support is outstanding, personalized and very quick. The Free Chat service is fully comparable to my prior paid chat service, which it replaced. Even existing clients use it to reach out to me - this is how easy it is to use from any platform (computer, phone, table, etc.).

Pros

This is FREE software to Smith Customers that integrates effortlessly with your website, and is highly customizable both visually (to blend with the look of the website), and content-wise. For me, it replaced a paid Chat service, with the same effect. It is a great tool that potential clients use to reach out to my Firm, and I also see many existing clients sending messages via the Chat service as a way to communicate. The message email is instant, clear and very professional. I highly recommend this service to my peers.

Cons

There are no drawbacks that I can think of with the Smith Chat service.

Reasons for Switching to Smith.ai

The service I had was paid, and the cost /benefit analysis was not great. I switched to Smith Chat to "try it out" but it was so easy to customize and integrate with my website, that I kept the service as its function is practically identical to my prior paid service. I am very grateful for this feature offered by Smith.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied October 2020

Thank you Maria! We're more than happy to be an asset to your firm with our chat solution!

Nicole from Gorovsky Law

Love Smith.ai Chat!

I love the Smith.ai website chat. There is no way that I could staff a feature like that in house with my small business. Smith.ai makes the chat feature available around the clock. I am a lawyer and this feature is great for clients who are nervous or shy about making that initial phone call, or who are up thinking about the problem that they need help with outside of business hours. The Smith.ai Website Chat also integrates perfectly with my CRM/case management software. It has really been a boost to my business. I have tried other companies. Smith.ai is the best!

Pros

Cons

Nothing. I love it! Wouldn't change a thing.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Hi Nicole, thank you for your time writing a lovely review! We're thrilled to hear that our chat solution has provided a level of comfort for your clients while integrating seamlessly with your existing CRM software.

Neal from Sigmategy, Inc.

Smith.ai is a client lead generating machine!

Smith.ai has provided an average of 50 new client leads a month since we added the service to the website. The close rate from these leads for a small law firm has been 8% and that is MUCH better than our average advertising close rate - a GREAT value.

Pros

After reviewing various automated chat solutions we advised our client to use Smith.ai as the best solution for their needs. It was simple to implement and had minimal impact on the speed of the website. The interface was easy to modify for visitors.

Cons

It needs an easier way to white label the service.

Reasons for Choosing Smith.ai

The decision to use Smith.ai chat was driven by the expandability to go from a free solution to an unlimited question option all the way to a human response system as the product proved itself.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the review Neal! We're happy to hear that your lead conversion of new clients has improved since adding Smith.ai chat to your website.

Brian from Sequel Law LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Simple way to start a great client experience

There are a lot of Chat options available, but this was a no brainer for us because of our great experience with Smith.ai as a company. Everything they do is focused on simplicity. Stuff just works. They make everything easy and have focused on hiring great people, which is evident by the way they treat us as a customer and the people that they chat with on our behalf.

Pros

Easy to deploy - Smith.ai provided a small code snippet to add to our page and we were live. Quality of responses - we already use Smith's Receptionist services, which gave me the comfort that the quality of people answering chats would be professional, consistently polite and knowledgeable. We get an email with the full text of the chat so we know everything that has been communicated by the prospective client already so we don't ask them the same questions over again.

Cons

There is really nothing bad I can say about Smith Chat or Smith.ai as a company. We view them as a business partner and trust them to interact with clients and potential clients and represent us well, and they have never let us down.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the review, Brian! We're thrilled to hear that deploying our chat solution on your website was quick and easy. Our team of trained professionals always ensure to capture relevant information with your prospective clients.

Shawn from Law Offices of Shawn B Hamp

The Future Of Web Chat

Overall I am happy. Smith.ai makes good effort to offer client support.

Pros

The Smith.AI live website chat does a tremendous job collecting lead information from web site visitors. It promptly collects phone number and email address information accurately. Only serious inquiries leave this information upfront, and it is easy to follow up with them. The pricing for the product is a great value. The cost of live chat support is very competitive. The services integrate very well with my existing CRM.

Reasons for Choosing Smith.ai

The pricing is very competitive compared to other Live Chat services.

Reasons for Switching to Smith.ai

Smith.ai offered a free trial, and the quality lead results have been fantastic.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Hi Shawn, thank you for your time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that following up with potential clients is more effective using our live chat solution and CRM integration.

Sonia from Lakhany Law PC

Allows me to be in 2 places at once

Pros

As a business owner, we wear so many hats. Smith. ai allows me to be in 2 places at once and ensure my calls are always answered and inquiries always receive a response. My business runs so smoothly because of them!

Cons

I have zero complaints! Their customer service is amazing and they've always addressed any needs I have.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to ensure your business runs smoothly while managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously.

Lauren from Memphis Bar Associatoin

Great Tool for Bar Associations!

We have had a wonderful experience with Smith.ai thus far. The customer service team is easy to contact and prompt with requests. Training tools are easy to understand. Having the Chatbot has resulted in less calls to the reception desk, resulting in faster response times to the public since we do not have a full time receptionist.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes answers are too generic- however all response codes that we have implemented seem to work well. Generic answers are often to questions that we do not have the ability to code in and are not typical.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review Laurenwe're happy you're so happy with the service! We're always improving Chatbot and will keep you updated as we do! Best, The Smith.ai Team

Justie from Nicol Law Offices, LLC

Great Customer Care and Functionality

I love using Smith.ai. They do such a great job in following instructions on how I'd like my cases handled. I especially love the fact that I get email transcripts of all chats. I have never had incorrect information obtained (contact info) from any potential clients by Smith.ai. They are very detail oriented!

Pros

Ease of use. Ease of onboarding. I can manage my own chat disclaimer and everything from my dashboard. This is ALWAYS available to the clients/site visitors.

Cons

How little potential clients actually use it!

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the kind words, Justie! Our trained professionals do a great job with providing complete and detailed transcripts of all chat communications.

Amber from Computer Systems Plus

Industry: Computer Networking

Awesome easy way to capture leads without trying!

We are minimizing time on the phone with tedious conversations trying to extract pertinent information and instead we are able to simply get that info, and then talk with the customer with their questions already answered, ready to serve them without long conversations and wasted time.

Pros

I like how I can customize the conversation with the customer, gather their info and then have a transcript sent to my email and understand what the customer needs and is looking for without me having to do any of that work upfront.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like, we are using a free version of this software for right now and its doing the job we want it to.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review Amber! We're very happy you're having a good experience with our free AI Chatbot and that it's capturing the info you need from your potential customers. Our CRM integration will seamlessly transition that info from Chatbot into Salesforce, Cleo, Calendly or most other services you might use! Best, Smith.ai Team

Scott from D'Orazio Peterson LLP

Smith.ai chat

Smith allows us to converse with website visitors and turn them into potential clients. They've made it easier for use to be there at all times, even when we're not.

Pros

Cons

Nothing, we're generally pleased with the service overall.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the review, Scott! We're happy to hear that Smith.ai has been one of the easiest solutions to use for your business.

Sara from Sibus Law Group, APC

The Free Chatbot is Great

Great customer service and great free bot. Definitely recommend this chatbot.

Pros

Love that they offer a free chatbot for our site. It was easy to set up and use. This was a feature we wanted on our site, but didn't want to pay.

Cons

Response from Smith.ai

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the review, Sara! We're always working to improve our Chatbot, so this feedback is very welcome! Just so you know, we do offer unlimited questions and free white glove set-up on the Chatbot as part of our 24/7 staffed live chat. You can try that for up to 20-chats/14-days to see what it can do: smith.ai/chat

Tiffany from Provence Messervy

Helped our small law firm convert leads to clients.

We've enjoyed their service for capturing visitors to our law firm website and blog and converting them to clients.

Pros

Ease of set up, quick website implementation, month to month contract.

Cons

Working out the kinks up front with the auto-bot.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied January 2020

Hi Tiffany, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! Our trained professionals do a great job with converting leads to clients. Please feel free to let us know how we can improve for your business. Have a great new year! Best, Smith.ai Team

Great service - highly recommend

Would highly recommend.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and integrates well with our website.

Cons

There are limited communication features.

Cost

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to provide your team with a user-friendly solution for your website.

Ryan from Connecticut Trial Firm, LLC

The Future of Law Firm Web Chat

Pros

The ability to use artificial intelligence is amazing for a small law firm. Combining answers to frequently asked questions gives us the ability to give our clients and potential clients what they need 24/7/365. The bot is very easy to use and the Smith.AI team is very helpful. Smith.AI is helping us turn website visitors into clients.

Cons

I wish I could make the chat more prominent on my website. I also wished it was live staffed 24/7.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the review, Ryan! We're grateful to hear our chat solution is helping convert your website's visitors into potential clients!

Jessica from Birken Law Office PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Better than a bot website chat

My experience has been extremely positive. I was an early beta tester and Smith is very responsive to all customer feedback. It was a learning experience for me also because you have to have realistic expectations about the amount of information you can expect virtual staff to know about your business. The more you program the Q & A for your account the happier you will be.

Pros

I love that Smith's website chat uses real virtual reception staff during business hours so my clients get a personal touch from a real human some of the time. I also LOVE the ability to add and update questions and answers for the after-hours chat bot. It couldn't be easier to make this work.

Cons

There could be a better communication about whether a real person is answering or the bot, I'm not sure potential clients know if they have a robot or a person.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the lovely review, Jessica! We're thrilled to hear that your experience with Smith.ai's chat solution has been positive!

Michael from Smith Barid, LLC

Great Chat for Lawfirms

Pros

Smith.ai allows us to capture leads from our website that we had been missing previously because it took us too long to respond to them.

Cons

We have not identified any cons to using Smith.ai.

Response from Smith.ai

Replied January 2020

Hi Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear you love our service! We hope to continue to receive high marks from you in the future! Best, Smith.ai Team

Jorge from Specialized ECU Repair

Great ROI and Quick Results

They over deliver on their promise. Easy to contact them and for them to adjust to my business needs.

Pros

Software was easy to install and very easy for my website visitors to use.

Cons

The AI Robot that answers after-hours can get confused sometimes but it's only seldom when that happens

Response from Smith.ai

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the kind words, Jorge! We're glad to provide quick tangible results for you and your team!

Law Office of Alicia from Law Office of Alicia R. Kinsman

Smith.ai Chatbot--great value and pricing

Excellent add-on service with great value!

Pros

Free chatbot with personalized playbook captures contact information and responds to folks on my website and directs them to contact the office if I'm not online to answer them right away.

Cons

The notifications to the admin when a person was communicating with the bot on our website lagged a bit but overall it's a great service!

Response from Smith.ai

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the positive review, Alicia! We're glad you're finding Chatbot a valuable add-on. I am sorry to see there's been a little hiccup in the notifications. We're constantly working to improve; if you have a moment and can e-mail support@smith.ai to share a bit more detail about that issue, it'd be a huge help! Best, The Smith.ai Team