tawk.to Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I like that there is a free version that allows chat support to your website like a pro."
  • icon"So far I’ve really enjoyed how intuitive this software is. It didn’t take a lot of effort to set up which is nice and there was no “learning curve” at all."
  • icon"It's a really good product, and it's free. There is little to none free chat software that is this good."
  • icon"It is a bit difficult to reach an official when we have technical problems."
  • icon"There are no errors, but on desktop, it appears quite a few times."
  • icon"This results in a quick jump in the conversation. Again, however, this is the worst experience that you may encounter."

Have you used tawk.to and would like to share your experience with others?

All tawk.to Reviews

Richard

I set this up on all my clients' sites

QALINA

Tawk to for live support

Tawk.to helped us to serve our customers online. Moreover, it helped us to track the number of visitors and their location.

Pros

Tawk.to has got many advantages for live support. For example, it shows information about the visitor. You can track the user's country location, how many times they joined your webpage, users' activity on the webpage where they clicked so on. Moreover, during the chatting with the visitor the tawk.to shows you what are they going to write you on the chat window before they send the message. Daily, monthly reporting features are great to know the interest of your webpage. For the free trial, you can register 3 support agents.

Cons

I do not have special concerns about the software even with the pricing. But one problem there was simply I can not decide whether it is the problem of G Suite or Tawk.to. The thing is when we offline sender should be able to receive the inquiry to our email which is in G Suite. However, we could not direct the Tawk.to inquiry to usual G Mail but not to the G Suite that was really strange. Besides everything is fine.

Reasons for choosing tawk.to

As I wrote before Tawk.to's free trial features are more than Zendesk and Tidio. Moreover, reporting in Tawk.to is helpful and informative. Lastly, the widgets and other things are customizable in Tawk.to which is a great advantage.

Reasons for switching to tawk.to

What Tawk.to offers with free trial Tidio offers paid. For example, identifying a visitor's country is paid in Tidio. Furthermore, the support team in Tawk.to is much more responsive.

Ryan

Tawk to Who?

It's just not the best, we use it because it gives us good value for a cheaper price, but it's not consistent in how it handles things like notifications.

Pros

It's an easy enough chat system to implement on websites and set up to look how you want without being invasive. It gives you the ability to talk live without having to integrate or download any software because it's right in the browser. It does exactly what it says it does, but that's where the benefits end.

Cons

The notifications are inconsistent, and if you aren't monitoring it 24/7 you will miss people talking to you. REsponding to someone hours after they tried to message isn't possible, and even if they leave you an email most of the time it's a missed conversation that you will never get contact to. This is great and also part of what chat systems online suffer from, but this one seems even worse. Even if you have it set up to notify your email it feels like the notifications might not come until hours after they've messaged, and then you've missed a prospect.

Lekha

September 2022

Best software for real-time chat

It is basic software all need if your business is in a budding stage. Pretty easy to use, with no complex workaround so anyone can learn the process in little time. I am very happy with the product.

Pros

Being in an e-commerce business, we will always get customer chats. Tawkto helped us a lot in meeting the customers' needs on time. We never missed a chat as we received prompt notifications when anyone opened the chat window and start chatting. Tawkto mobile app helps you be online even on the go.

Cons

It was a pretty basic software that meets the requirements of a small business. As the business grows I think it would need more tweaks so multi-user interaction will be possible. When we add more users it's difficult in assigning tickets and checking analytics.

Antonio

The best free chat option to integrate with your website

I started using tawk.to as my go to solution for all the clients that needed a chat system. I used it first for an Icelandic tourist company that suddenly had many new visits on their website. Tawk.to actually increased conversion tenfold. Later I used it in a myriad of projects, in Iceland and Croatia, and they all had increased revenue just by providing a chat box on their website. Of course, the wonderful people answering all the questions also had to do with the success of the cases, but I still believe that tawk.to's beautiful design and easy to use interface are the champions of the story.

Pros

Tawk.to promised to be free forever, and they kept their promise. I used them on and off for projects for the last 6 years and every time they delivered an even more polished product with tons of options that would satisfy anyone.

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike or think tawk.to has to improve. It is easy to use and extremely simple to integrate to your existing website.

Reasons for choosing tawk.to

We checked many competitors, but the fact tawk.to had all the options all other competitors had and was free definitely made all the difference.

Reasons for switching to tawk.to

Tawk.to is free and will be as long as they exist. They also had options that competitors we used before did not have, so it was not a hard decision to switch.

Richard

April 2022

Integrate chat functionality to your website.

Pros

Tawk.to allows us to communicate directly with website browsers. Tawk.to has helped increase conversion rates on the website, as we can guide/advise customers immediately.

Cons

There is no downside to using Tawk.to, and excellent piece of software.

Reasons for choosing tawk.to

The basic package is free, which meets all our needs currently.

Shaunak

Industry: Information Services

Best started for your chat bot needs

I use Tawk.to as a offline client for my visitors of my website, it handles a predefined flow of dialogue and also lets me interact with online user. So its been a great experience till date

Pros

Yes Tawk.to is easy to use for a beginners in web development, I registered and setup my need based bot and deployed directly on my live site by just copy pasting script code readily available from main page in dashboard. I like this stuff most

Cons

The don't allow much branding and customizing stuff. I would like to see a customized bot who can handle a predefined flow of dialog in my absence and if it really needs my engagement then even I can join chat.

Reasons for choosing tawk.to

Implementing tawk.to in live sites are more easy to setup and it changes the title in title bar of web browser which no one else allows. So these features helps in increased user engagement

Imran

June 2022

Best free live chat tool out there

Tawk.to served me very well despite being free it's feature loaded

Pros

tawk.to is completely free without any extra pro plugins, and does it job very well

Cons

Setting up for the first time seemed a little complicated

Reasons for choosing tawk.to

tawk.to is free and at the same time it comes with many feature even many paid services out there dont have.

Timothée

November 2022

A simple and easy to implement chat

Pros

My friend needed a chat on a specific page of his site to answer questions from prospects and reassure them before purchase. The chat was very easy to set up and implement on the site. It was even possible to customize its appearance on the free plan

Cons

It was easy enough for me to set up, but maybe a beginner would have a much harder time. Would probably need a tutorial or two

Umair

Best and Professional Live Chat Software

My overall experience with tawk.to is really awesome because I am using this as a WordPress plugin. Because of my company website, we developed through WordPress, therefore, we have installed a tawk.to Plugin. Me and my team members are using this platform, we always chat with our coming customers using this Plugin. We are very happy because we have increased a number of customers.

Pros

If you are searching for a Free live chat software, then tawk.to is really awesome. The setup is really easy, just copy a javascript code line and paste in the HTML of your website. If you are using the WordPress content management system, then you can also install a tawk.to plugin and if you are using Joomla then there is also an extension available of tawk.to. The dashboard is really simple to use, where you can see your user's details. You can start chatting with your website customers and users. You can also invite members of your team.

Cons

Everything is perfect because we can monitor our website visitors in real-time. We can chat and discuss with them about our products, which we are offering on our websites. It's free and without ads. So according to my point of view, every feature of tawk.to is awesome. Only the dashboard should be easier for beginners. All other things and features are really fabulous.

Ian

Industry: Computer Hardware

Not only great for talking with customers but a great visual tool

We introduced Tawk.to as a way to talk with customers who are perhaps reluctant to call or email in case they get the hard sell. We have found it useful when dealing with customers from abroad who are perhaps not confident enough in their verbal english but happy to type it.

Pros

1 - it's completely free 2 - It just works, really well 3 - On top of the web chat feature I can see in real time what pages on our site customers are visiting, this gives me a really useful picture of what pages are popular. 4 - you can also see what country your visitors are from and what platform/browser they use 5 - lots of useful automated quick responses

Cons

It's not the software's fault but you do get some occasional idiots on web chat. One guy messaged "hello" then continued with the rest of the lyrics for the Lionel Ritchie song - very odd. The live monitoring occasionally (and deliberately) goes to sleep if you're not active so you have to click to keep subscribing. I expect that's to reduce unnecessary load on the web servers so I don't blame them. I don't think you have too many options to customise the web chat pop-up shape/size/design other than colour and the text you want to use

Rick

You don't have to pay packet for live chat

Pros

Tawk gives you basic, live chat for free with no restrictions. I mean, come on, before you got straight to Intercom, give tawk a try. Sure the feature set and the customization possibilities are better on other platforms but all the other platforms strike me as prohibitively expensive for a small business, especially when most aren't even sure that live chat is for them in the first place. So tawk is a good platform to figure that out on. Tawk gives me just what I need with no hassles and with plenty of power. There's never been a hiccup in terms of uptime or service.

Cons

The backend is incredibly confusing. I never know which site I'm administrating or how to find what I'm looking for. I mean, compared to the great front end, this is really pretty embarrassing for them. It would be a nightmare, I imagine, for any agency administering more than a few sites.

Nenad

Tawk about a good product!

it got us started with these tools and helped us see the value in a live chat on our website, by far the best starter tool out there.

Pros

It's free to get started and it has some killed features the other tools charge an arm and a leg for, It's simply the best option for a free, first time chat tool user - Loved it for months and it's value will make sure I suggest it to others.

Cons

it doesn't keep up UI and ease wise compared to paid tools - It's very one chat focused where other tools I can handle 5-10 chats at a time and it's easy to keep track of, the blocky UI here makes it hard and the agent assingment system is a big buggy when more than a few people can repond to any ticket.

Ana Carolina

One of the best Chat for websites.

It is a great tool and feet that is very useful for any type of website. if used correctly it can become a means of sales for your business.

Pros

An easy way to enhance our website is through a chat tool, and one of the best is taw.to, it is very easy to install and use. Its administrative panel allows to control in an organized way the communication with the users that visit our web, besides we can configure forms with welcome messages and add the fields that we create are useful to establish the communication, for example in my case I usually request the name, email, and phone. We can use it in HTML sites and also in CMS as wordpress, since there is a plugin for this. We can also download the APP and use it through our smartphone from anywhere.

Cons

Actually this tool pleases me a lot, but sometimes there are flaws in the browser and we can lose communication, but it is not serious in most cases I usually solve easily by reloading the browser or starting a session again

Ramindu

Comprehensive support chat integration

We use tawk.to to manage customer queries on many websites and frontend applications.

Pros

Integrating a customer support chat window in to a web application can be a harrowing process. You can either build your own which would take a considerable amount of resources or you could buy an expensive solution that requires hours of integration. tawk.to bypasses both these scenarios with a relatively cheap support chat solution that is super easy to integrate in to any website and provides awesome options to response to customer requests. The integration only takes a few lines of code and the mobile application that is provided allows the customer support team to respond to requests from anywhere at any time. Extensive backend reporting also allows analysis of how well customer requests have been responded to with comprehensive analysis and reports.

Cons

More complex configuration for more specific scenarios can be tricky; if you're trying to do something complex that's not provided out of the box, configuration tawk.to can become difficult.

Few things to keep in mind about Tawk.to

It adds great value to your business.

Pros

1. It a great add on to a web application (websites) if you want to allow your users to contact your support team easily. 2. Tawk dashboard is impressive, it usually provides everything you pay for such as real time visitor, previous chats, chat statistics including the graphical representation and tabular as well.

Cons

1. It also provides few add-ons as Putting your own brand and get rid of that tawk.to label at the bottom, but honestly speaking it is more expensive than it should be. 2. Mark my words, this one literally frustrates me by not giving any notification whenever a chat comes. I don't know what is wrong whether it is the browser or the tool itself.

Lilian