All tawk.to Reviews

Richard

1 employee

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

I set this up on all my clients' sites

Carine Sylvie

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

The best Live chat

Tawk.to is a very good livechat and the back office is easy and intuitive to use.

PROS

Tawk.to is the perfect software for a digital company like mine. As well as live chat, it allows you to build up a knowledge base to guide customers through most processes.

CONS

I've noticed that the sound notification doesn't always emit the arrival of new customers on the livechat when there are a lot of processes running on the computer or when the connection speed is sometimes low.

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Best live chat software and there is no upfront cost!

It’s a great service that I would happily recommend to anyone looking to support their website visitors better. The live chat market is good overall, but Tawk.to is pushing what is expected out of services like this. We currently use Tawk.to on multiple sites, all managed and controlled by 1 Tawk.to account. The fact that Tawk.to can offers so much for free is astonishing.

PROS

Easy setup in multiple environments. We are currently hosting the plugin from a WordPress site, JavaScript + JQuery site, and a ReactJS site. All are being managed using the same Tawk.to the dashboard. From within the dashboard or mobile app you can build scripts and custom knowledge base articles that are super helpful when answering the same question for multiple clients. The ability to hire live agents as needed is such an amazing feature.

CONS

Although they offer the base function of Tawk.to for free, their add-ons for removing branding and Video + Voice + Screensharing is way overpriced. I wish they would offer some of the site's other features as paid add-ons and drop the price to remove branding and screen sharing. Having a better À la carte system for features would be nice.

Reason for choosing tawk.to

Cost, ease of setup, and mobile app for agents were the main driving points for us.

Ryan

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Tawk to Who?

It's just not the best, we use it because it gives us good value for a cheaper price, but it's not consistent in how it handles things like notifications.

PROS

It's an easy enough chat system to implement on websites and set up to look how you want without being invasive. It gives you the ability to talk live without having to integrate or download any software because it's right in the browser. It does exactly what it says it does, but that's where the benefits end.

CONS

The notifications are inconsistent, and if you aren't monitoring it 24/7 you will miss people talking to you. REsponding to someone hours after they tried to message isn't possible, and even if they leave you an email most of the time it's a missed conversation that you will never get contact to. This is great and also part of what chat systems online suffer from, but this one seems even worse. Even if you have it set up to notify your email it feels like the notifications might not come until hours after they've messaged, and then you've missed a prospect.

Reviewed January 2024

A good and easy to to use chatbot

PROS

I used tawk for quite a long time for live chat on our website. It help us capture leads in live chat

CONS

lack of automation capabilities and it is not interactive chatbot

Boris

Reviewed March 2021

Impressive and free

We use tawk.to as our main recommendation to clients who need a good chat system for their website. The customization options are great, the implementation is easy, and it is all free. We have successfully doubled customer conversions on some of our projects just using tawk.to and their beautiful chat popup. Our clients like the ability to track the customers actions on the website - it is easy to upsell once you know how the visitors were browsing your website, and it is much easier to answer questions about products when you know where the visitor is from and which product page they are on right now. All in all, a very useful tool I can very highly recommend!

PROS

Tawk.to has all the features of a fully paid software while being completely free. They allow for easy integration into any kind of a website and offer a fully fleshed out experience on par with any other paid-for solution.

CONS

Sometimes, we had issues with notifications not popping up properly, and our clients missed a chat or two because of that, but it seems that issue was fixed recently.

Reasons for switching to tawk.to

Because tawk.to is free and as feature-rich as LiveChat.

Antonio

Reviewed February 2021

The best free chat option to integrate with your website

I started using tawk.to as my go to solution for all the clients that needed a chat system. I used it first for an Icelandic tourist company that suddenly had many new visits on their website. Tawk.to actually increased conversion tenfold. Later I used it in a myriad of projects, in Iceland and Croatia, and they all had increased revenue just by providing a chat box on their website. Of course, the wonderful people answering all the questions also had to do with the success of the cases, but I still believe that tawk.to's beautiful design and easy to use interface are the champions of the story.

PROS

Tawk.to promised to be free forever, and they kept their promise. I used them on and off for projects for the last 6 years and every time they delivered an even more polished product with tons of options that would satisfy anyone.

CONS

I can't think of anything I dislike or think tawk.to has to improve. It is easy to use and extremely simple to integrate to your existing website.

Reason for choosing tawk.to

We checked many competitors, but the fact tawk.to had all the options all other competitors had and was free definitely made all the difference.

Reasons for switching to tawk.to

Tawk.to is free and will be as long as they exist. They also had options that competitors we used before did not have, so it was not a hard decision to switch.

Anthony

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Almost Instant Live Chat

PROS

I used this software on a clients WordPress website and was able to almost instantly setup a live chat feature for them. The beauty of Tawk.to compared to others is it's completely free for the features you really need. Of course they have their upsells like any other company such as hiring agents to work for you company, remove branding, etc. But for an out of the box solution that works well you just can't go wrong with using this software.

CONS

The only thing I always dislike about any software is the branding that comes along with it. However, with it being a live chat module it's not super noticeable since it's just in small print at the bottom of the chat module.

Reason for choosing tawk.to

The client was looking for a cheaper solution since it was a startup. With everything being included in the free version that they needed it was a no brainer to go with this software.

Richard

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Integrate chat functionality to your website.

PROS

Tawk.to allows us to communicate directly with website browsers. Tawk.to has helped increase conversion rates on the website, as we can guide/advise customers immediately.

CONS

There is no downside to using Tawk.to, and excellent piece of software.

Reason for choosing tawk.to

The basic package is free, which meets all our needs currently.

Yuri

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Tawk to for online chatting

We settled Tawk to for chatting with our customers because when they have an urgent question it becomes time efficient.

PROS

With the free plan, it includes three agents for a customer service team which is great considering Tidio's offer. Besides you can check whether user looking at your webpage with the proxy or from where you have guests. Also, reporting features help you to understand your target audience.

CONS

Sometimes the software gives the notifications lately. Even though the free plan is great but paid subscriptions are expensive. Customization is not well arranged.

Reason for choosing tawk.to

Because better customer support and pricing led us to choose Tawk to

Reasons for switching to tawk.to

Even Tidio's paid option does not give as free subscription tawk to offers.

Imran

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Best free live chat tool out there

Tawk.to served me very well despite being free it's feature loaded

PROS

tawk.to is completely free without any extra pro plugins, and does it job very well

CONS

Setting up for the first time seemed a little complicated

Reason for choosing tawk.to

tawk.to is free and at the same time it comes with many feature even many paid services out there dont have.

Ryan

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Powerful and effective customer service platform

Overall, I'm very happy with Tawk.to and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a free live chat software solution. The setup was easy, the features are great, and the customer support is top-notch. If you're looking for an efficient way to provide real-time customer service, then Tawk.to is definitely worth a try.

PROS

The best part about Tawk.to is that it offers real-time customer service and feedback. I was able to set up a chatbot that allows customers to ask questions, provide feedback, and get help right away. The chatbot is also very customizable; I can create different conversation flows depending on what the customer needs.

CONS

Tawk.to is a customer service platform, but unfortunately it has a few drawbacks that can detract from its overall usability. Firstly, the user interface is quite basic and outdated, making it difficult to navigate around efficiently. Additionally, there are limited customization options in terms of design and layout which may be off-putting for some users who are used to more modern interfaces. There is also no mobile app available, meaning users must access the platform via their browser on their computer or phone. Finally, there are some reports of bugs and glitches that can cause issues when using the platform which can be extremely frustrating.

Reviewed August 2022

It is a great tool when you are starting your business!

PROS

I used it for a long time under the free version, which does the job. It helped me to increase my sales and to upgrade the user experience, and support.

CONS

It happens from time to time, that the solution is crashing, it shows multiple empty visitors, or you are unable to see the chat history. The availability is my main concern. I decided to switch to premium service when my business was more mature. I recommend the service for the initial building of the sales funnel and customer support, when you have limited funding.

Kamal

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Friendly Messaging Application

I can easily interact with live users or visitors on my websites.

PROS

It primarily includes everything needed for a live chat function. It can be easily integrated into websites. You don't need to be a programmer to use this tool. It also monitors the real and live visitors of a web page.

CONS

There is nothing to dislike for me. The application is perfect for its purpose. I just hope they can have a paid version so as to compete with Zendesk Chat.

It's free and friendly

Sourav

Higher Education, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2018

Awesome and easy to install chat support system

This software has helped me generate more sales from my website as I am directly able to chat with potential clients the minute they arrive on my website.

PROS

For a startup with small funds it was difficult to afford expensive chat systems on our website but this was one thing we absolulely needed as customers wanted to talk to a human when they got to our site. Tawk to solved this so efficiently. Not only did they provide this service for free (yes there is a paid tier also and one where they provide you with CC agents). Their chat widget is extremely easy to install, supports wordpress and customizable. To top it all they even provide an Android app which I use when I am travelling to talk to visitors on my website.

CONS

There is an issue with their mobile app as it does not always notifies you when someone is on the site. Though this is not a common occurance, still its not non-existent either. Another thing is that their web dashboard is a bit cluttered, atleast that is how I feel. They could give a little thought to the UI and UX of their website’s dashboard.

Abid

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2020

The Incredible and Awesome Chat Software

I am really satisfied with tawk.to. There are lots of reasons. First, it is free. Then I have installed tawk.to in my WordPress websites with the help of tawk.to plugin. I sell online products on my e-commerce website, so I allow my visitors to chat with me before purchasing any product. It’s really easy to understand and use. For my websites, the importance of tawk.to is too much. Because it has helped me to communicate with my visitors and customers. Even I have installed this on my other websites which I developed using Joomla and Magento. I am really happy with tawk.to features.

PROS

If you want to monitor your website visitors and if you want to chat with them, then the tawk.to is really best for you. You can easily set up and it’s free forever. According to my experience, the software is also too much secure. Within 1 minute you can set up the tawk.to on your website or app. Just copy the easy line of JavaScript and paste it into the HTML of your website. After that, instantly you can see the chat widget on your website. You can answer to the chats even from your Mobile device. It’s really awesome and amazing chat software.

CONS

For me, every feature and use of tawk.to is really easy. Because I am using this chat plugin on my own websites and also on my client’s websites. So, I am really aware of the dashboard and interface of this plugin. Only for the beginners, the interface should be easier. All the other features are very good.

Simon

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Online chat

PROS

Great solution for your eshop. It works as it should. The free version can also be used. I used free for a long time, but I have passed to paid.

CONS

I am satisfied with everything. everything works.

Reasons for switching to tawk.to

Better Price. more useful features......

Lekha

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Best software for real-time chat

It is basic software all need if your business is in a budding stage. Pretty easy to use, with no complex workaround so anyone can learn the process in little time. I am very happy with the product.

PROS

Being in an e-commerce business, we will always get customer chats. Tawkto helped us a lot in meeting the customers' needs on time. We never missed a chat as we received prompt notifications when anyone opened the chat window and start chatting. Tawkto mobile app helps you be online even on the go.

CONS

It was a pretty basic software that meets the requirements of a small business. As the business grows I think it would need more tweaks so multi-user interaction will be possible. When we add more users it's difficult in assigning tickets and checking analytics.

Farhan

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

The best chat platform for your Website

I use Tawk.to as a WordPress plugin in my websites which I have developed through WordPress. The plugin is really easy to use, after installation just login with tawk.to account and we can start chatting with our visitors. Especially in my e-commerce websites I chat with my users and I describe them about the products of my website.

PROS

Tawk.to allows you to chat with the visitors of your website or mobile application. The dashboard is really easy to understand. Where you can add different users. You can see online visitors of your website and you can chat with them. The setup is really easy and you can start tracking.

CONS

According to my experience, there should be more chat themes with different styles. All other features of tawk.to are really fabulous and awesome.

Kenneth