• Pros

• "So easy, affordable, easy set up, terrific immediate customer service. Always available and never had to wait. Bookings were effortlessly made on my behalf."

• "I love having my freedom to not having to deal with a receptionist anymore. Every call is answered and my clients loves the texting service!"

• "Ease of use, ability to write your own scripts and tailor the service to your company. And the customer service has been outstanding!"

• Cons

• "The customer response could be faster or possibly a way to get a live person would help. The AI for some conversations still needs improvements. "

• "Well the only hindrance is that it's text only so if the person's calling from a landline and chooses not to leave a message we can't help them"

• "We're pretty happy, we just need to be able to see the transcripts of the conversations so we can better response to their questions and not duplicate information."

Browse True Lark Reviews

Debra from Maui Spa & Wellness Center

Peace of Mind with Frontdesk AI

One word - Great partner to work with one word :LIFESAVER.

Pros

Peace of mind, when our systems go down due environmental issues, internet , electricity things we cannot control as a a business - we can still operate with our AI working for and with us. I am amazed that I didn't move forward with them years back... I cant say enough how they have kept our business alive during times-of distress based in Florida we have quite a few outages, and storms. AI has been a lifesaver.!

Cons

One of the comments I might say , clients at some point make comments about texting vs phone calls my answer is simple, we are off line of communications, due to nature. Communication via texting gives the client the answers immediately vs waiting for internet etc. Might be the only least liked issue

Reasons for Choosing True Lark

response time, and follow through with a seamless transformation ..

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Debra, your kind words mean so much. Thank you. I'm glad our product has been so helpful.

Jonalyn from Beach Cities Cryo

Amazing!

Frontdeskai has saved our business with time and money. They help free up time and money. Most of our customers don’t even realize they are talking to AI.

Pros

Easy to setup and plugs into MINDBODY really well. Helps with freeing up our staff to service clients instead of answering phone.

Reasons for Choosing True Lark

It was easy to setup and affordable. No contracts and syncs seamlessly with MindBody which is top priority for us.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate hearing what is working and what isn't.

Tamara from American Iron Gym

not appropriate for multi staff

Pros

texting and handling of basic repetitive questions

Cons

No way to note actions taken on texts or voicemails from staff, or to designate a call had been handled

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied September 2019

Hi Tamara, Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate hearing how we can continue to improve our product.

CRYSTAL from Inspiring Massage & Spa

Just what I was looking for

Loved it, thank you

Reasons for Choosing True Lark

Its software for our needs of today

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Great to hear that you've had a good experience.

Sean from Massage Trilogy 3, Llc

More detailed reports

Transparency of incoming calls.

Pros

I like the simplicity for my staff! Easy to see what’s going on.

Cons

Need more details on reports. I can’t find the reports sections. Time of day for call etc.

Reasons for Choosing True Lark

Trying them both at different locations concurrently.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Hi Sean! Thanks for your feedback. I will pass along your feedback to our team and see if we can get you more visibility with reporting.

Lucy from NE Wellness

frontdeskAI get the job done

We have had a few problems with forwarding and picking up missed calls, but the customer service end of FrontdeskAI is very helpful and efficient.

Pros

I like how friendly the software is when texting back and forth with clients. It does a really good job of making sure people feel supported. I also like how easy it is to integrate with our booking software, Mindbody.

Cons

It is not the easiest platform to customize. I cannot see the text messages between clients and the AI, and I cannot interject and change the discussion.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Hi Lucy, Thanks for your feedback. We will make sure your share your thoughts with our team.

Elin from Blix Clinical

Industry: Cosmetics

Freedom!

Very responsive and willing to do the task requested.

Pros

Cons

I sometimes have to repeat my requests and I also don’t like to have to make calls to customers that doesn’t respond to texts from AI. Also, finding the right service on the menu seems to be an issue sometimes. I have often mentioned if you can’t find the service on the menus, please just book the client for a consultation and I’ll take it from there. I have lost clients over this issue and that is bad for business. Also, a credit card is absolutely necessary in order to reserve an appointment. Groupon customers can NOT be booked for a treatment unless they have a consultation first and can only be booked on Tues, Weds and Thursday. No exceptions. A credit card is needed even if they have a voucher.

Hannah from Breathe

Pretty helpful

It’s been pretty awesome. A few hiccups a long the way but pretty easy to fix.

Pros

Since we don’t have a front desk at our wellness center this system is really awesome at getting back to clients. Usually a client is calling to book so the fact that the system will take care of them for us is so helpful.

Cons

I would just say that some clients are not fully aware that it is an automative system texting them so that was a little struggle at first but super easy to fix the out going message so it was more understood. I think the fact that some people call on landlines still that don’t text isn’t the most convenient for this software but they forward you that no one has responded.

Lisa from Elements Massage San Mateo, CA

Take care of your clients even when short-staffed

With staff turnover and rising labor costs, FrontdeskAI helps us take care of clients and maintain smooth business operations. For an affordable fixed monthly price, it's well worth the investment to have 24/7 coverage!

Pros

FrontdeskAI takes the stress off our front desk staff when we're short-handed or busy. It handles routine inquiries so the staff can focus on building relationships with our clients in the store. It also gives peace of mind knowing that we are able to take care of callers even when staffing is lean.

Cons

Limited automation for recommending the best match of service or service provider. We worked around this by having FrontdeskAI notify us of all new client requests so that these can be personally handled by our staff.

Kailee from LA Lash

Back office helper

Everything has been easy and helpful

Pros

Love that I know my clients will get taken care of when I can’t answer the phone

Cons

The texts can be a little confusing for clients they think it’s the actual manager or technician texting them

Just keeps getting better!

Front Desk has definitely allowed me to have more time to do other things, so that I am not on the phone all the time. I feel less concerned when I miss a call. I know that when we have an issue, I can reach out to Rep and she will do her best to research and solve the problem. We did not have good experiences with call center answering services because they did not integrate with our scheduling system and these people did not know our business. Front Desk offers a futuristic alternative that even some of our less tech-savvy clients are enjoying for its ease of use!

Pros

Cons

We came in at the very beginning, and there were glitches that needed to be worked out. At first, there were quite a few errors, but they have since mostly been worked out. I still don’t like that I can’t view a transcript of a conversation. It can be difficult when following up with a client when you don’t know what has yet been said via text. I also don’t like that voicemails are not always forwarded immediately.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your glowing review! We're happy to share that with the recent release of our Live Dashboard, customers are able to see chat transcripts resulting from missed calls and voicemails as well. Feel free to reach out to Sales or Customer Success at Frontdesk AI to learn more!

Sheila from The Strength Code

Great Alternative and a lot less than a Front Desk Employee

Overall, I liked FrontdeskAI and would use it again if we get busier. We are not busy enough to warrant this yet and we needed to cut back on expenses for a while, so I had to cancel. We would have days where there were no calls at all and very few calls each day on a regular basis. But if we get as busy as I'd like to be, I will definitely consider using this again. The customer service was excellent and every person I spoke to was helpful and friendly.

Pros

I like that it responds right away to all calls with a text, and if the client wants to interact, they can.

Cons

The text may have deterred some people from leaving a message as it is sent before the voice message is finished. I also did not like that clients could book a session without us being immediately notified. We are by appointment and need to plan our days. We did fix that option by creating a window of 72 hours, but some of the appointments still came in and I was too busy to check the daily report.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied August 2019

Hi Sheila. Thanks for your review and feedback! I'm glad to hear your saw value in the service and were able to work with our Customer Success team to configure the system to better fit your needs. We hope to see you again when you're busier and wish you success regardless!

Kristos from Healing Path Day Spa

Surprisingly helpful however requires consistent feedback to build a smooth flow.

We have freed up a lot of time for our front desk agents to spend more quality time with clients in person. It has reduced the number of phone calls coming in drastically. I still wish I could read the conversations so I can provide feedback on what the AI is saying to my clients.

Pros

I like that the customer support staff has been extremely responsive with requests we have made about how to train the AI to respond in a friendly, personal, and consistent manner. I love that all the requests we make can be tracked on the dashboard. I like that the dashboard keeps adding preferences/settings so that you can tweak the experience for based on client needs. Once again, my favorite part is the responsiveness and determination of the staff to accomplish and maintain our goals with this software.

Cons

I wish the dashboard was more user friendly and provided more information about chat stats. One major flaw for us is that we can't monitor the conversations so we don't really know what this thing is saying to our clients, unless they show us the texts. This is something that they definitely need to find a work around for. We are also having issues adding the Chat Widget to our Wordpress site, however the team has been working with us to help resolved this dilemma.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Kristos, thank you for your review and confidence in our service! Since your review, we have made many improvements to our service, including the ability to see chat transcripts through our new Live Dashboard. Please reach out to Customer Support and we will share more details!

Holden from Healing House of Scottsdale LLC

Truly Revolutionary & Highly Recommended!

Pros

Frontdeskai's system is truly revolutionary. It allows our clients to easily book and manage their appointments through simple text messaging which saves us hundreds of dollars a month in receptionist and after-hours answering service fees while increasing the number of appointments scheduled. We're so happy with it that we're featuring our Frontdeskai text-only number prominently everywhere we can: on our website, on our business cards -- everywhere. It works flawlessly and is a perfect example of the magic of cutting-edge technology. Brilliant and highly recommended. We just hope our competitors don't find out about it!

Cons

The customer rep from FrontDesk, has made every effort to implement some of our ideas and feature requests into the system. He's very responsive and has made himself quite accessible. Many of the things we 'liked least' have been refined and improved on. That said, we're really looking forward to being able to read the text Logs!

Stephanie from Bodhi Body Studios

Great Starter Software

For sure, Front Desk has helped me save time and save clients by being a virtual front desk when I’m not around. That being said, it is very basic software, which doesn’t grow with the user as needs change.

Pros

It is simple to use, and does exactly what it says it will do — interact with clients when you are unavailable.

Cons

I can’t see how the software interacts with clients.

Reasons for Choosing True Lark

It was an inexpensive solution to a problem I regularly faced.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Hi Stephanie, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It sounds like there are some optimization that can be done with our customer support team to better support you and your business. Out team sound be reaching out to you soon. We do offer a live dashboard where you can see all the conversations with your clients. We'd love to chat about getting that set up for you.

Anna Marie from TEMPLEWORK LA

I LOVE Frontdesk AI

If I would have hired an answering service, I would still need to call the customer back directly. Now if I'm in a session with a client and someone calls, Frontdesk AI can answer the call, respond intelligently via text and schedule a client right away. This has taken much of my stress away. Also, my clients are all on-board with our changes and they like it too. Don't worry about clients being put off. That hasn't been my experience at all. :)

Pros

I LOVE the fact this software integrates with my Booker scheduling software. My business is a boutique. I really don't need a full time receptionist at this point, so Frontdesk AI solves my problem. Not only does it integrate with my software and is able to schedule a caller directly through text, it is extremely intelligent and relays questions and concerns in the NOTES and I'm informed to contact a client directly. My problems have been solved!

Cons

We seemed to have worked our intro questions through perfectly. I am satisfied.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Anna, thank you so much for your review! You're the best.

Maggie from Kenra Professional

everyone has been very helpful

Pros

how effective and easy it is for me to use and set up. I like how thorough it is when clients call me and I miss the call i love how the automated text sends them a message. I also enjoy how im able to customize how i want the representatives to handle and book my appointments with parameters that i have set.

Cons

I do not like how when phone numbers that are my personal friends/ family reach out they get the automated text message. I wish there was a way that the system could recognize creation number sand plug that in so that those people dont get a message. I wish that my google voice phone number could also be transferred over.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Maggie, thank you for your glowing review! Two quick notes: 1. It is absolutely possible to prevent friends and family from receiving our automated messages. Please reach out to Customer Success and we would be happy to explain how. 2. We absolutely integrate with Google Voice. Again, please reach out to Customer Success and we would be happy to assist!

Kristopher from True Rest Float Spa

Want a virtual secretary??? FrontdeskAI friends!

FrontdeskAI has helped us not lose customers. Their customer service is amazing and our clients love it!

Pros

I like when I miss a call or am on another call, FrontdeskAI will help me book appointments for my clients. Simple and easy to use. Very user friendly for my clients as well!

Cons

Nothing! Their customer service is amazing. They totally help customize what your needs are. I like everything about FrontdeskAI!

Callie from Epic Wellness NW

Very helpful

Pros

Takes care of clients when we can’t answer the phone.

Cons

Voicemails are hard to get to on the website on a phone. I wish there was an app.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate hearing how we can improve. Your feedback will be shared with our development team.

Joanne from designHouse Salon

FrontdeskAI has been a game changer in gaining clients that may have been missed!

Pros

FrontdeskAI is a fantastic way to maintain client relationships and booking even during the busiest times of business. It creates an easy way for clients to communicate with our business even when we may not have a staff member directly available. The customer service is phenomenal and the entire FrontdeskAI team has worked incredibly hard to make sure they learn the ins and outs of our business in order to make the software useful in a way unique to our brand.

Cons

The first stages of set up and use can be slightly frustrating, however as the system learns more about our business these troubles subside. The system can at times be slightly finicky, however for overall content and use it absolutely gets the job done!

Emily from Harmony Healing Room

Such a lifesaver for a small business

Pros

FrontdeskAI has helped us pick up so many phone calls we would have missed. We are a two person massage business and constantly on the go. We we're missing so much business by not being able to get to the phone or follow up quickly enough. The customer service here is excellent and people love being able to text.

Cons

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Emily, Thank you for your glowing review! We're happy to share that with the recent release of our Live Dashboard, customers are able to see chat transcripts resulting from missed calls and voicemails as well. Feel free to reach out to Customer Success at FrontdeskAI to learn more!

Jim from QC Reflexology

Best bang for the buck!

The ability to handle swamped phone calls and not miss one call.

Pros

Grabs our calls after how many rings we want, in this case we told our phone company 4. It is called a hunting feature and is something you will need to know about. We never miss a call... EVER! Clients have had a positive reception to it and is easy to use for them. It is just the two of us that work here so when one of us is gone the Frontdesk ai has our back booking at least 60% of those clients in the first month of using it. Highly recommend for any size business.

Cons

The "hunting" feature was not explained well but after understanding my participation in getting that feature administered with my phone company all was good.

Adelice from Salon DnA

It is easy to use and the support is great

Pros

It is fast and solves my time without service. It is easy for my clients and the results of my business have attendance my expectations.

Cons

It is just by text. I have clients who like to talk. My business is very specific service and sometimes is important to explain with a conversation.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Adelice, thank you for your glowing review!

Rose Marie from Allante’ Hair Designs and Spa Inc.

Wish I still had it.

Great

Pros

At first it was hard for me to get used to it, then I saw how much it helped my business.

Cons

Unfortunately it didn’t work with our scheduler any longer. I’m hoping we can get them back or find something comprebal.

It was what we needed

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback.

Eryn from Harrison's The Gentleman's Solution

Exceptional support

Pros

The ability to reach our clients at any time makes this service a must for all small business owners.

Cons

Difficult scheduling multiple family members in one call. The system has issues detecting the right time allocation for two or more services being booked in one phone or text message.

Rachel from LunchboxWax

Frontdesk AI

Pros

I like this software because it helps reduce lost opportunity with clients booking appointments over the phone.

Cons

None come to mind about this service. I think our booking software if were more streamlined, it would line up even better, but that is no fault to AI.

Nita from Minden Med Spa

Virtual receptionist

Very useful

Pros

Never miss a call , Good communication

Cons

Doesn’t integrate with my current booking software

Peter from The Lash Loft

Excellent service. Could not possibly be happier with the experience. Highly recommended!

Pros

Handles the overflow of missed calls to my busy lash salon perfectly. I fully intend to use them for all locations as we expand. Before I always wondered what the efficiency of my front desk was and how many calls might be missed. Now I know exactly. Great value for any service business owner. We offer phone service, online booking and FrontdeskAI for any overflow - missed potential business is a thing of the past.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind so far on the advertised service. Everything is great so far. Excellent technology!

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Peter, thank you so much for your glowing review!

Amy from Infinity Massage & Wellness

Infinity

Pros

I like that it allows customers to schedule even when we miss the call

Cons

I wish that it was somehow able to know the rotation of who to schedule appointments with.

sylvia from Queen Of Wax

good for owner of company's with small employment

more clients and no missed calls

Pros

the instant appointment booking ans how easy it is for customers to book or learn more about the salon

Cons

i really dont have anything bad to say but it would me nice if the had a app we can use to see the convos the system has with the costumers

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Sylvia, Thank you for your glowing review! We're happy to share that with the recent release of our Live Dashboard, customers are able to see chat transcripts resulting from missed calls and voicemails as well. Feel free to reach out to Customer Success at Frontdesk AI to learn more!

Derek from Restore Hyper Wellness

Review for FrontdeskAI

It keeps us up to date with clientele needs and concerns. We are able to call back those who are needing extra assistance with scheduled and/or booking.

Pros

I like how clients can be assisted via text if we are too busy in-store to answer the phone.

Cons

Unless i dont know how to use it, i dont like how we can't respond back in text if were too busy to update them too instead of the AI.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Hi Derek! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I will pass along your feedback to our product team.

Theresa from ReConnect Chiropractic & Holistic Center

Using Frontdesk AI has been a big relief for handling customers needs immediately.

Improved communication with clients or perspective clients. Now they get responded to right away.

Pros

The system is really easy once it is implemented. I get notified as the owner either by email, text or both plus my staff gets the message as soon as they get back to the front desk. It's a great system!

Cons

I didn't know about it sooner! Perhaps it would be even better if the Frontdesk AI system could do special notifications too.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Theresa, thank you so much for your glowing review!

Mike from mosaic hair studio

Clients are impressed with how we have been able to utilize technology to better service them.

better customer service.

Pros

efficient, leaves a very impressive feeling to clients. Makes servicing our clients that are in our salon better because we don't have to stop what we are doing to answer the call.

Cons

clients sometimes think that they are texting with one of the owners or receptionists and will ask questions frontdesk.ai can't answer.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Mike, thank you so much for your glowing review!

Jamie from Hemingway Medical Spa Inc

Easy to use service, excellent support, valuable for business.

More bookings, less lost clients, more time for front end staff not needing to return as many voicemails.

Pros

I am extremely happy with the quality of product and support provided by frontdesk.ai. My new clients are always impressed with the quick response time from my "front desk" if a call is missed - and are always impressed when they learn it is automated software. My number of bookings from missed calls has gone up dramatically while simultaneously reducing the work burden for my front-end staff. I would definitely recommend this service to any business owner.

Cons

US number as my business is in Canada. But otherwise I am very happy with it. Can be tricky setting booking parameters over the phone.

Frank from HealArt Therapy, Inc

I'm very happy with the service FrontDesk AI provide. Not to mention the great customer service

Pros

I love the text messages they send me when a client has a question that they can manage. It's very thorough.

Cons

I'm very happy with the service so far and don't has any complaint about it. One thing that would be helpful will be to add calls to the service since there are old people that don't use text message but so far everything is great.

Marly from Body MetRx

Front desk has been very easy to use and communicate with

Pros

The ability to give my clients an immediate response along with immediate emails regarding what has transpired

Cons

Having a separate number from our business causes some confusion. It has been a minor Challenge to get people to understand the difference.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied November 2018

Hi Marly, thank you so much for the glowing review!

Emma from MPower Pilates + Cycle

Good product

My setup and support staff have been wonderful. The sales side of the business is a little gruff.

Pros

I like that I am responding to voicemails quickly

Cons

I feel that the product is expensive.

Response from FrontdeskAI

Replied October 2019

Amanda from Kaizen Health Group

FrontDeskAI

Connecting with patients outside of business hours.

Pros

Connecting with patients outside of business hours.

Cons

Could be a bit more specific i.e. therapist genders, availability outside of what a patient is asking for.

Shannon from Manton Massage Clinic

Amazing customer service and wonderful program!

Fast and easy customer service! They are precise, communicative, and efficient.

Pros

I like knowing that our clients are always taken care of, and that we aren't missing any potential new clients.

Rebecca from Joseph Anthony & Co

Really love this service!

Pros

Love that my customers can leave a message and book appointments after hours. They get a prompt response via text.