All Forma LMS Reviews

Vito

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2022

The best managed Open Source Ever

PROS

User Experience, Support, Administration, Scorm compliance

CONS

Maybe the curve of learning the administration functionalities

Wow, thank you very much Vito for this wonderful review. We'll to our best to soften the learning curve for the administration functionalities, Thanks again!

Replied February 2022

Frinto

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Structure and Streamlined e-learning with Forma LMS. The best open source LMS for Businesses !

Well, its amazing and great till date. High level of professionalism and business ethics is shown by their people. Well applauded for their disciplined working and quick response on business front. All other partners are giving wonderful feedback about them so the peer recommendation is really strong and positive in case of Forma LMS. This is encouraging and welcoming. The software is embedded with advanced e learning quick features which improve the learning experience and outcome and has greater impact on one's learning. The learning is life long with great output with Forma LMS.

PROS

E learning is facilitated effortlessly . No hassle and no cumbersome process Delivering training through this LMS is easy and no extra effort needed at all. Cost effective solution and not hard on pocket. It is cost effective across all financial aspects of all the services offered. Easy integration and seamless deployment with other external 3rd party dashboards and softwares. Easy to manage by learning audiences and target beneficiary Loved by all learners

CONS

No dislikes as such till date. The experience is awesome so far and it helped us to manage our LMS in online mode and deliver the training pan country in uninterrupted mode. We will welcome any reduction in costing further as it's an important aspect for start up organizations likes us and due to stormy competition on this front, everyday a new vendor chips in with their best offerings at reduced cost and we are ought to take them.

Reason for choosing Forma LMS

Forma LMS was highly recommended by my peers and other colleagues due to its high response time in business deliverables and quick turnaround time in deliverables is high priority for us. It enables us to attract and retain more businesses due to client satisfaction. All the new features are just fantastic and it helps to engage our partners well. Online presentation, live demonstration, tutorials and virtual learning offices are easily done and created on the Forma LMS and it supports all kinds of browsers so no hassle in deployment and operation at all. Highly advanced platform for streaming high quality good videos and webinars.

Felipe

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

I couldnt make it work

I tried the free version, and it seems that only with the paid version I was going to be able to do the things I wanted, but no... I couldnt make it work. I tried getting a special server just for Forma.lms but I still couldn't get it to work. I tried to find support and couldn't find it either, so... I just paid for something I couldn't use.

PROS

the pricing looked great, also the capability of handling different customers in one place is amazing.

CONS

I couldnt install it. I rented a different server just for the software because of the different requiremts, but still it didnt worked. I couldnt get any support or help.

Hello Felipe, thank you for your review, yet I think you are making some unfair statements. First of all, the LMS is open source like Moodle and Chamilo and there is no such thing as a free or paid version. The latest version is reserved to association members, but even the previous versions work greatly. We appreciate you decided to become a member. You don't need a special server for Forma more than for Moodle or for a CRM or any enterprise level application: you just need a server that complies with the installation requirements. Concerning the search for support: when exactly did you contact us for support? If we can help you in any way, feel free to get in touch with us.

Replied February 2022

Raj

Information Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Best-in-Class learning management system for delivering online training courses !

We all like Forma LMS a lot as it helped our organization in biggest way possible in post pandemic era. It helped us in streaming of our reading content in various languages at desired sink effortlessly. Also, it is accepted by everyone due to its high cost effectiveness and increased operational efficiency while working and operating . We never face any lagging and no complaints received from users also. The performance is good and it never hangs or slows down.

PROS

Robust online learning management system for onwards and upwards learning curve in post pandemic age. It helped to reach out to larger gathering and audiences remotely within shortest span possible. It's an open source LMS software and is absolutely free for use by small, medium and large enterprises. Likeable by all and accepted by all kinds of audiences due to its ease if use and usability

CONS

We want more and more speedy and hi tech live streaming features with advanced recording facility and its later accessibility for use. The quality of sound and video recording can be further enriched and be more conspicuous. It would add more value and amazing customer experience.

Reason for choosing Forma LMS

Forma LMS was chosen by our tech and business team members jointly as we sat together and understood on our requirements and scope for customizations and flexibility for us. As a business user, we can confidently say that they are one of the highly professional organizations with high moral and ethical values which is highly acceptable and desirable by our organization and people. Their onboarding process was smooth and no cumbersome experience at all.

Thanks for your review!

Replied September 2022

Shazia

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

The only LMS providing unlimited customizability and smooth integration with awe-inspiring features

We tried various LMS solutions before but Forma LMS was the best match for our institution as it was the most customizable and intuitive solution for providing training. We first used it for educational purposes for educating my students during the COVID era. However, we felt that this software has a big scope for employee training so we started to use it to provide induction training to new employees and weekly training to existing employees.

PROS

The most favourable feature of this platform is its enhanced user interface through which we can navigate and find all the features easily. There is no learning curve when the product is first installed. Forma provides various features like organising users, providing certificates on completion of courses, organizing courses and taking tests and assessments. It is a great tool with a wide variety of integration options and plugins. A mobile app is also available so you can learn on the go!

CONS

There's nothing much that I dislike about this software. However, the user interface for learners could be improved by using modern elements.

Reason for choosing Forma LMS

Due to its additional features and integrations.

Maximiliano

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Revolutionize Your Online Training with FormaLMS: A Flexible and Customizable Learning Management Pl

I have had a generally positive experience with the platform. The software offers a robust set of features and functionality for managing online learning and training programs. I appreciate the flexibility and customization options available, allowing me to tailor the system to meet the specific needs of my organization.One of the things that I like about FormaLMS is the ease of creating and managing courses, as well as the ability to track and analyze learner progress and performance. The platform also supports a variety of different learning activities and resources, including quizzes, surveys, and multimedia content.In addition, I appreciate the level of control and oversight that FormaLMS offers to administrators and instructors. The platform provides detailed analytics and reporting capabilities, as well as features for managing user accounts, permissions, and access.While there are some areas where I feel the platform could be improved (such as the initial setup process and documentation), overall I have been satisfied with my experience using FormaLMS.

PROS

As a user of FormaLMS, what I really appreciate about the platform is its flexibility and customization options. Since it's open-source software, I have the freedom to make modifications and adjustments to tailor the platform to my specific needs.Another great feature that I find very useful is the ability to create and manage user groups. This makes it easy to assign courses and track the progress of learners. The reporting and analytics tools are also quite comprehensive, allowing me to keep a close eye on learner progress and evaluate the effectiveness of my courses.

CONS

There are a few areas where I feel the platform could be improved. One of the things that I find challenging is the initial setup process. It can take some time to get the system configured and fully operational, especially if you're not familiar with learning management systems.Another area that could be improved is the documentation and support resources. While there is a user manual and community forum available, I have found that some of the information is not always up-to-date or comprehensive enough to fully address my questions or concerns.Finally, while the platform is highly customizable, some of the customization options require advanced technical skills and knowledge. For someone without a strong technical background, it can be challenging to make certain modifications or adjustments to the system.

shiva

Civil Engineering, 10,000+ employees

Forma LMS: Empower Your eLearning with Powerful Training Programs

As a user of Forma LMS, I find it to be a comprehensive and powerful tool for online learning and course authoring. The platform is easy to use with a user-friendly interface, allowing me to create and manage courses efficiently. I appreciate the flexibility and customization options available, which allow me to tailor the system to meet the specific needs of my organization.It has far exceeded my expectations, and I am grateful that I chose Forma LMS for my clientele.

PROS

As a Forma LMS user, I value various facets of the software. To begin, the course creation function is simple to use and allows for the uploading of numerous sorts of content like as videos, documents, and quizzes, making it simple to construct compelling courses. The learning paths feature also aids in the organisation of students' learning experiences.Second, social learning technologies such as forums, chats, and online conferences encourage student involvement and cooperation, resulting in a more engaging learning environment.Third, the reporting and analytics tools provide precise insights into student progress and programme effectiveness, enabling e-learning programme continual development.Furthermore, as an open-source platform, Forma LMS provides flexibility and customization options, allowing customers to make changes to meet their individual requirements. The ability to create and administer user groups makes it simple to assign courses and effectively track learner progress.

CONS

As a Forma LMS user, there are a few aspects that I found difficult or would like to see better. To begin, the initial setup procedure can be time-consuming and difficult, particularly for individuals unfamiliar with learning management systems. This might be modified to make it easier for users to configure and fully operationalize the system.Second, the documentation and support resources, such as the user manual and community forum, are not always up to date or thorough enough to address users' inquiries or issues. Improving the availability and accuracy of support resources has the potential to improve the user experience. .

Rahul

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

A tool that can help to schedule events and manage inventories with a lot of learning

After using the software for a while we have noticed a significant increase in the sales of our services and even the rate of customer retention has also been better than before. The managers of our company are now able to take better-calculated decisions all became possible because of formula LMS.

PROS

The software is one of best in its domain which has provided us smooth and automated workflow for our organization. Formula LMS also helped us in saving a lot of time and reduce minute errors like billing errors, meetings schedulings, inventory management etc. It also helps our customers in booking appointments with the proper reminder.

CONS

The software is great for our organization and there is not much that I felt can be improved about the software, but I would like to mention that the pricing of maintaining the software can be a little costly for small companies like us and server crashes can hamper the working of the firm badly.

Abhishek

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

A fabulous LMS tool

We can easily say that this is one more f the best lms tool available in the current market in this price range. Moreover this is a great platform for open-source learning for all types of businesses. Our students are having a good experience with the tool and we haven't heard any complaints regarding the tool till now.

PROS

We have a lot of things we like about the product. Being one of the most reliable tool we are using now, everyone can work on it from administrator to a normal user. Getting started with this tool was quite easy as it comes with a super clean interface so that we didn't get confuse in anything. Beside these features, their customer support team is excellent, they are always up for help.

CONS

We have a nice overall experience with the tool, but the pricing is little expensive, could be little low. Integration with other tools become difficult in certain platforms but rest of the things are good to go.

Wow, Abhishek, thanks a lot for your flattering review!

Replied April 2022

Arianna

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Certification and very easy Learning Solution.

Best and comprehensive learning platform and the most effect content creation tool with powerful reporting features.

PROS

Forma LMS creates an excellent and effective learning environment and perfect collaboration and easy data analytics creation. The content management through Forma LMS and generating reports is also simple and the ability to categorise document is fantastic and the management of courses using Forma LMS is the best experience.

CONS

None for the moment, Forma LMS is easy to maintain and the training is very effective with short learning curve.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2022

Best tool to set up an LMS in a short time

I really liked using Forma LMS. It is very simple to use, and is efficient in its features of providing courses and a platform for users to learn. Courses can be tracked easily, and the learning path progress information makes sure you continue learning. Overall, a very pleasant software that does what it promises, at a good price!

PROS

It is pretty easy to set up on your website. It integrates very well with third-party apps and doesn't have too many initial setup hassle like some other LMS. Learning on the platform is also simple. It keeps track of your progress and lets you complete goals efficiently. The UI looks nice, better than other software like Moodle. Also, it is open-source and gets updates frequently if we report any problem.

CONS

The exam/test modules are a bit difficult to navigate. Even the entire dashboard has poor UX due to navigation issues. Getting support can be time-consuming since the development team seems to be quite small.

Reviewed December 2022

Excellent solution for remote learning

I enjoy using Forma LMS. With its modern design and responsive features, employees are eager to learn. It is efficient and saves time with its automation capabilities. It is capable of supporting the complete learning management system and maintains reliable records for auditing purposes.

PROS

Forma LMS is responsive, well designed, intuitive and modern. It supports core features of a learning management system and is easy to navigate. Persons new to this solution will require minimal time to learn how it works.The employee's roles and skills can be mapped to identify any learning and development gaps. This information is converted to fit for purpose reports that is instrumental in highlighting areas of focus. I also love that Forma LMS is compatible with Portable devices so users can learn when they are on the go.

CONS

I have been using this solution for quite some time now. It is well received by employees and garners positive feedback. The interface is engaging and encourages employees to learn. I have not encountered any downsides to this product while I have been using it

Shirley

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Impactful LMS

Overall explereience is great. The software is open source and meets all the needs of our organization for training staff.

PROS

You can watch, save or share the content from Forma LMS. It has enough training tools to improve how you train your workforce.

CONS

It's complex to understsand how onboarding students to your course works.

Reason for choosing Forma LMS

Forma LMS is an open source LMS.

Emmylou

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

FInest web-based e-learning platform

PROS

I can confidently say that this is the finest web-based e-learning platform and software  since it currently has one of the best collaborative tools for professionals and organizations and all training and orientation of the staff may be completed with ease, thanks to Forma.  Taking an online course has never been simpler, it is simple and secure to create online content for the intended audience.

CONS

It's hard to pinpoint anything that I would dislike about Forma LMS. I can definitely say it was great and it will continue to be great!

Computer Software, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2023

Valuable tool for training employees

I have used Forma LMS to create and deliver courses on a variety of topics, including customer service, sales, and technical training. Course creation tools to be easy to use, and I have been able to create engaging and interactive courses. I've also used Forma LMS to track learner progress and generate reports. The reporting tools to be very helpful in identifying areas where learners need additional training.

PROS

Open Source. Forma LMS is scalable and flexible, and it can be customized to meet the needs of any organization. It's easy to add new users and courses. Allows to change the look and feel of the platform to match branding. Integrates with a wide range of third-party applications, including CRM systems. This makes it easy to keep your data in sync and to automate tasks. Meets all industry standards, and the data is safe and secure. This is important to me because I need to be sure that data is protected.

CONS

Mobile app is a good option for learners who want to access their courses on the go. However, it is not as polished or feature-rich as the desktop version. I hope that the developers will continue to improve the mobile app in the future.

Bernado

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

My Thoughts on Forma LMS Usage

In-house course training in our organization and management of learning materials.

PROS

It was simple to implement this solution without third-party service providers intervention. Managing classroom courses, locations and calendars.

CONS

Were it not for the effectiveness in ticket response from vendor success team I would be having tons of issues.

Roberto