• Pros

• "Ease of use and familiarity. It is consistent with other products from Citrix, so we all know how to use it. I like the features related to reporting and the ability to leverage and scale this to bo"

• "GoTo Training is a very easy to use conference/training software. There are many tools to keep the meeting interactive and engaging. The unlimited cloud storage of recording is also AMAZING!"

• "It offers a convenient and unintrusive way to stage meetings with people at diverse locations."

• Cons

• "Has been a little clunky at times - trouble with video, switching between presentations/PowerPoints, etc. Much of this probably due to the learning curve..."

• "Not too much to dislike to be honest, it does slow down my system a little bit but not too much - this leads to (rarely) losing sync between to the viewer group"

• "There isn't much in the way of cutting edge performance similar to other competitor tools. It is a bit archaic when compared to BrightShark and other tools like that."

Browse GoToTraining Reviews

Jake from AppFolio Inc.

Fantastic remote training software application

It allows us to run trainings between multiple geographically distinct locations in an easy and efficient way. It also allows us to test for knowledge absorption and offer classes to other locations and departments through the use of it's class catalogue feature.

Pros

I love that this allows me to schedule out classes in advance. It also allows me to easily create and administer tests, share supporting documentation, and make sure people are paying attention. In this type of learning environment between remote offices it's essential that the performance of the application is spotless when it comes to audio and video and for the vast majority of trainings I've run GTT has been amazing.

Cons

I have 2 major complaints. 1st there is a bug in the software that has been there for over two years at this point that prevents me from using the quiz functionality as intended. Customer support took over 6 months to figure out this bug even though I suggested that it might be the problem on the first interaction. 2nd there is no way to mass export all of your classes to Google Calendar. I figured out a way to do a work around using apple calendar and then exporting that cal to google cal but it's a huge pain still.

Amy from @WORK Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

GoTo Review

Pros

We really like all the opportunity that this software has - breakout rooms, library, scheduling.

Cons

It's not easy to learn. We have had to teach ourselves which is probably why we don't know how to use all the features correctly. That being said, we have had no contact with customer support other than them sending me a huge binder of materials to figure things out on my own.

Nery from Elite Wireless

Training remotely

Overall, the Experience with the application is just what I need.

Pros

I like the interactive elements that I have available to me to keep my team focused during the training class.

Cons

Latency issues primarily when first logging in to the application were common when trying to gather a large team together.

Worked well for our budget

Pros

More cost effective than some other solutions we evaluated, but lacked in features and functionality by comparison. Pretty quick to set up new virtual sessions with the ability to copy from previously scheduled sessions.

Cons

The computer audio quality was hit and miss even with an exceptional connection on our end. No option to tie in reporting through other systems, making everything a manual export. Support was lacking when technical issues occurred. Really would liked to have had the ability to create templates for different types of sessions rather than copying from old ones and swapping out information.

Good product when you know what you're doing

Pros

Has all I need to host a training or webinar, and gain insight into questions/attendees afterwards. It allows me to review questions that were asked and ensure that my attendees got what they came for.

Cons

Lots of features, before becoming familiar with it I sometimes don't know how to do what I need to. After using it for some time, I know exactly what I can do and how to do it.

Kyle from DH Pace Company, Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

This one is damned near perfect

Look, if you're needing to train people remotely, this product is for you. You can push documents, videos, and more on the fly through the software. The stuff you can do, if you have the desire and the gumption, is pretty damned amazing.

Pros

- Sharing abilities (documents, videos, etc.) - Easy to use familiar interface

Cons

- It's not cheap - There are comparable products on the market that are cheaper

John from ERM Education

EASY to USE and deploy

Pros

The calendaring feature of this program is its best feature. It consistently schedules and reminds participants of their meetings and increases completion rates.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I do not like about this software. The only thing that is bothersome is when there is a delay between the computer-driven platform and the call-in line platform, which often makes it difficult to understand speakers, but that only happens rarely.

Shiniesh from Ares express

Amazingg service

Pros

I loves the ease pf going to my trainings while in school. It was very easy to install onto my device.

Cons

There was nothing i did not like about the software

Perfect Online Training Sofware

effectively helpful

Pros

Nowadays, it is easy to train remotely. One is GoToTraining and for simple yet functional reason, many businesses use this. Quality learning experience that everyone can participate virtually. It is very efficient.

Cons

I cannot tell any bad as of this time which indicates this software is outstanding

Great Training Software

I've used this program for employee training in two prior employments. Both times, the software was bright and intuitive. I had no issues navigating through work and integration with other GoTo platforms like GoToMeeting is as seamless as it can get. My only issues were that during both training courses, I ran into issues connecting to the learning environment, resulting in a loading error and delay in meeting access.

Pros

- Simply and easy to use as a trainee. - Supports seamless integration with other GoTo platforms

Cons

- Seems to be prone to bugs and loading issues.

Easy to Use Webinar/Training Software

Pros

Cons

The recent update and redesign of the website is AWFUL. On the webinar side, the issues I most often come across is audio issues. People don't know how to connect, can't hear me or I can't hear them. Of any issue I have, 99.9% of them are audio related.

I use GoToTraining daily to host online webinars, live-training sessions and software reviews.

Pros

The ease of setting up sessions is great and it has excellent survey/question capabilities. I also love the ability to record sessions.

Cons

It has had some downtime in the last year that has been no fun, and it has no direct scheduling within an outlook calendar invite.

Johannes from Vixxo

Great software for collaboration and training

Pros

This software is easy to use and has been pretty reliable. There are great functions for training a large group of people that include, knowledge checks and surveys. I like the feature that advises you if people are not paying attention! It also integrates very nicely with outlook.

Cons

Great tool for making meetings and webinars a learning experience.

Managing pieces of training in one place. No need to create extra landing pages for calendars. Recurrent activities are super easy to schedule and that saves time and minimizes mistakes.

Pros

Complete reports. Easy to use. Screen sharing options. Live information about the meeting/training. Intuitive about sessions and calendars.

Cons

I will like to personalize more which reports or data I want to download. Also to see reports on the platform and not just to be downloaded.

Holly from TobiiDynavox

December 2015

We did something right in 2015 - switch to Go To Meeting!

Our training team had been frustrated with the complexity of another system for several years. This past year I initiated trying something new. The company we merged with used Go To Meeting so I thought, why not explore other options it had. It had all the features we needed and the ease of setting up a training was a huge difference. Our customers had no problem with the new technology and our webinars run smoothly. We have not ventured out to use some of the more interactive parts, but the on-line or post test options are great. We even upgraded so that we can send out certificates automatically soon- so happy - no matter how many times we remind customers, we get emails that they didn't download the certificate of completion. Looking forward to seeing some of the new "lab" tools out to try soon, too!

Zandro from Zenith Investment Group

Hold meetings, seminars, classroom trainings with ease!!!

Pros

easy to use. good sound quality, collaboration tools such as sharing screens, sending chat messages, sending documents available. an email is given to you which allows you to register and a link is given so that you can enter the meeting room

Cons

no issues with this software. however there are a lot of others out there so not sure how this software is better than others.

Minal from American Health Resources

December 2015

GoToTraining takes the classroom to virtual level with ease

I have been using GoToTraining for a little over a year and I love it! It's so easy to use and it's fun. There are so many features you can use to get the concepts and lessons across such as screen swaps, highlighter, pens, red dots, breakout rooms (for facilitating small group activity), timer, recording sessions, webcam, and more. It's even better than a classroom with less travel time, and resources involved. Everything is virtual! It's flexible in the sense that you can plugin to a training session through your mobile phone, tablet, pc, or laptop. This method of training is a big game changer. I feel that it may be an option that will be expanded in universities and other higher learning institutions. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Ahmed from ANAcademy

Great remote training software

Pros

GoToTraining is a complete remote training software, with a really easy to use interface, surveying features, screen sharing and recording

Cons

I have to remarks on GoToTraining: - Pricing could be more convenient - Having one application with features accessible according to plan is more convenient than many (GoToTraining, GoToWebinar, GoToMeeting...etc.)

Vanessa from Chartwell NH Assoc, LLC

GoTo training is the best tool for my team

Pros

GoTo training is my favorite tool for teaching staff or getting people on the same page without the cost of transporting people. With properties states apart, it is the best way to reach everyone at once.

Cons

I have had technical glitches but I cannot know for sure if this was the software itself or my internet or network.

Goto Training Review

Pros

The navigation screen. It's so easy to use whether that's sharing my screen, passing keyboard and mouse control, or recording the screen share. Super simple for anyone to use.

Cons

One thing that's a little cumbersome is waiting for the download when you pass controls.

GoToTraining

Pros

I used GoToTraining every day to train customer in our admin portal. Easy to create training and send invitations out to the client. A lot of features to use and to navigate between multiple users.

Cons

No cons on my end everything as been working great for me.

Heather from THE RIGHT STAFF

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Very handy

It's so nice that everyone can stay at their desks and all complete the same training.

Pros

GoToTraining is very handy to have and works well for groups of people to watch and learn all in their own space.

Cons

I have never had any issues using this product. We have been using it to learn new software and it's very helpful.

GoToTraining is perfect for Training

Perfect program for training

Pros

Its perfect for scheduling training and making sure people register as well as see a list of registrants. it also saves all of your recordings that you can share with people who you trained for future reference. It has a robust amount of tools you can use from webcam to sharing screen to having people take control of your training. Its basically perfect for training remotely for whatever you need.

Cons

The least I like is the interface it looks like its from 1999 and not from 2018. If they can make the interface more 2018 that would be awesome.

Great breakout rooms and controls.

Pros

The ability to break out rooms and have users interact is great fro mixing up the one way communication on webinars.

Cons

The account management and attendance function was a little clunky, something easier would be nice.

Chrysteena from Independent

I'm an Online Trainer

I use GoToTraining for all my webinars and online courses. I'm very excited about some of the Labs features such as the breakout rooms and whiteboards. I'd love for Lab features to be consistently available across Mac/PC.

Response from GoToTraining

Replied October 2016

Hi Chrysteena, Thanks for the review! We greatly appreciate your feedback! Please also feel free to let our CARE team know so they can pass to PRODUCT.. Here is our main CARE site: https://care.citrixonline.com/gototraining (scroll to bottom of the page for contact options) All the Best, The GoToTraining Team

June 2016

Jim from Citrix

June 2016

Daniel from LMI

Simple way to show functionality

Simple way to show functionality

Pros

Simple and easy to launch webinars to show employees the key functionalities first hand.

Cons

Lots of options that need to be set and don't necessarily apply to my specific training session.

Matt from ASCD

Industry: Philanthropy

GoTo Training Review

GoTo Training Review

Pros

Allows all workers, teleworkers or in-house employees to access training.

Cons

I don't think there's anything that would qualify as not liking

Kim from Tahlequah Daily Press/CNHI

meetings online

meetings online

Pros

Cons

It requires a "modern" operating system that our company hasn't yet provided to us.

Get Trained Up with GoToTraining!

This is a great software that helps you keep your employee base up to date and well-trained.

Pros

GoToTraining has amazing audio and video quality. Despite our limited internet capabilities in the office, we haven't experienced quality issues.

Cons

This software would be even better if you could integrated the scheduling and invites with other calendars such as Outlook or Google.

Ashley from Morneau Shepell

December 2015

Easy to use tool that helps bring together our employees across the country to get training

GoToTraining is simple and easy to use. If you have used any other Citrix products you will be able to use GoToTraining. The different features work well for training groups and the best part of this product is that it helps us bring together our employees across the country into 1 training session.

Nat from Buffalo medical group

Go to training

Go to training

Pros

So reliable and convenient to use. Been using for a while, not once had a problem with. Docs love it

Cons

None really. Sometimes local connections not the best, but that is not their fault

Jeff from U B Successful LLC

Review Title

Pros

Working with the class all at once. And keeping all my class information in one place.

Cons

Challenges with screen resolution on the student machines relative to mine.

Scott from Pondera Marketing

2.5

Principal Review of GoToTraining

Principal Review of GoToTraining

Ayo from Cummins

Review Title

Pros

Tool is easy to use and has a plugin that integrates easily with browsers

Cons

I don't have any issues with the product or vendor

Rachael from Linbeck

December 2015

GoToTraining is easy to use

GoToTraining is easy to use and helpful for meetings, trainings, online testing/quizzing, reporting, and many other things. I never have any issues connecting or using this. It has been a great resource for our company training needs.

Josh from Wellspring Community Church

Seems Easy!

Pros

I have used this product to show webinars. Doesn't seem to be difficult to use!

Cons

I didn't see any issues with this! Seems good!

Deidre from Ebb & Flow Birth and Wellness

Online class made easy

Pros

Use friendly. It uses all devices. You can connect it to Paytm

Cons

So far I havent had any problems. It gets the job done.

jennifer from Nova

great easy to use

I have been using this software for about 5 months and I am quite pleased with the ease of signing on and sharing with others. I use it to teach an online coarse. It is very user friendly.

Peter from Nova Southeastern University

Online Office Hours

GoToTraining is how I can provide personal guidance to students, reviewing their work and sharing resources that add to a quality learning experience.

Arden from Bowman Systems

Fairly decent product

Works all across platforms and very reliable, never had any issues with connecting. Video and audio clear and works with various connections. A+

Excellent tool for webinars and online training

Pros

This product is very easy to use and works well. We mostly use this for webinars with presenters that our across the country. It's easy enough to use that they only need a brief soundcheck to figure out the controls. The connection is reliable and the audio/video work great. We were also able to brand our registration page. There are useful registration reports and audience engagement tools as well.

Cons

The ability to attach a document to the automated emails would make this even better. I have to send a document to attendees manually after each webinar.

Chris from PBS Engineering and Environmental

GoToTraining personal review

GoToTraining personal review

Pros

Interactive - not just presenting but have the options for participants to ask questions, take quizzes/surveys, etc.

Thomas from Decisiv

December 2015

Good product with lots of functionality

A wonderful, easy to use software that even our customers who don't know how to use computers can figure out.

Ayush

Pradeep

An amazing way to get live training!

I highly recommend it for training sessions.

Pros

I have used Go To Training for a variety of training professional developments. The site is very user friendly and makes for an enriching experience for all involved.

Michele from Community Champions

December 2015

we use this for our online meetings

it is easy to create a meeting and share screens

Ian from CT Dept of Energy & Environmental Protection

Industry: Public Policy

Useful, does the job

Useful, does the job

Pros

It's very well integrated and meets the needs of webinar hosts and participates

Cons

It feels very utilitarian and not very creative in its design or use

Emma from Southwest Counseling Solutions

Industry: Philanthropy

Helpful to meet with those far away

Helpful to meet with those far away

Pros

That I'm able to attend meetings and discussions when I can't travel there.

Cons

I sometimes have trouble running the program on my computer.