All iSpring Suite Reviews

Tyler Jae

Education Management, 201 - 500 employees

Used free trial

Reviewed October 2021

Interactive course building tool with simulations and course paths

Richard

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2020

Excellent Tool - Always Improving

PROS

Cost effective and simple to use vs the competition.

CONS

XLIFF translations. Web based creation tools are less developed than Articulate - but that does depend on you need and use case.

Reasons for switching to iSpring Suite

The course player is more contemporary and cost is less.

Hello Richard, Thank you for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solutions and the service that we provide! Keep up the great work :)

Replied September 2020

Marieke

Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trustworthy partner

Have been a long time user and I tested/used multiple authoring tools. None of them compare to the ease and service that iSpring does.

PROS

I would give customer support 10 extra stars if I could! I hardly ever need them, but when I do, they are fast, very knowledgeable and will only stop when it's solved.

CONS

Export files for translations should have the option to choose which xliff version. With only one .XLIFF version (1.2) I cannot use this functionality at all, as my translation software only accepts another version. And trust me, that company also got this feedback in reverse!

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

Easy of use, customer support, possibilities and options (many many more languages and better voices in text-to-speech, for example)

Eileen

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Buyer Beware

Because I cannot get any support from them unless I subscribe to their latest version for nearly the full price of the software, I have to give them one star. No support = no customer service. No customer service = bad policy.

PROS

The options offered for engagement and interest level.

CONS

If you do not repurchase this software yearly via their maintenance program, you get no support. No chat, no email, no online knowledgebase. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am. To me, that is unethical. A company that does not support all versions of its software does not deserve to be in business. I checked my copy of Articulate 360, and they provided support to Articulate 13 released in, you guessed it, 2013. My version of iSpring is less than 2 years old. I'll be converting all of my elearning lessons to Articulate360 BECAUSE of their amazing support.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

iSpring ran better on our LMS, but now that there is no support, we will switch to Articulate 360 which supports ALL versions of its software, and it is over 10 years old.

Hi Eileen, Thank you so much for your detailed review of iSpring products and service. We appreciate your taking the time to submit it here on Capterra. As per your Cons, let me please note that for those who do not wish to continue with the Maintenance plan, we have a vast collection of helpful resources available online, such as video tutorials, help docs, articles, webinars, FAQs: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support. We also have social media pages where anybody can ask our community any question about iSpring. Those who do have maintenance plan, however, get immediate support via chat, phone as well as 24/7 email assistance. Hope that helps!

Replied February 2020

Maja

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Ispring Suite - My Experience and Recommendation

Overall, my impression of iSpring Suite is highly positive. I consider it an outstanding tool for creating various types of content, and I would gladly recommend it to anyone who is unsure about which program to choose.

PROS

iSpring Suite is truly an excellent program that provides me, as a designer, with a wealth of creative possibilities. The use of this program is extremely straightforward, allowing me to quickly turn my ideas into reality. Furthermore, I am impressed by the abundance of available templates, images, and characters that assist me in creating attractive content.

CONS

The program could benefit from littel bit more interactivity.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

We choose iSpring Suite due to its cost-effectiveness compared to other software, and its user-friendly interface that makes it a breeze to use.

Germán

Effective elearning

It’s been great to see how it has exponentially improved over the years from basic and simple interface to a powerful e learning tool.

PROS

Feedback and flexibility. Permanent support from ISpring staff.

CONS

Customising autocorrecting Using diverse characters (languages)

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

Feedback to students and more flexible interaction

Martha

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Best training software out there!

PROS

The tech support is out of this world. They help me so quickly and send screenshots of exactly what I need to do when I get stuck.

CONS

I run multiple accounts and would like an easier single sign-in, so I don't have to log in and out of accounts all of the times.

Reasons for switching to iSpring Suite

Lack of tech support. When I get stuck, I need help quickly to move on. iSpring gets back to me so quickly.

Roland

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

ISpring Suite and Why I Love It

Excellent product. Ease of use cannot be over emphasized as long as you are familiar with Powerpoint.

PROS

The fact that ISpring Suite is a Powerpoint add-in means that I did not have to learn any new authoring product. It incorporates seamlessly.

CONS

I must sometimes work from home if sick or for other reasons. I have been unable to activate the product at home even though it is possible.

Reasons for switching to iSpring Suite

Adobe Captivate is very powerful, but also expensive and has a steep learning curve.

Mitch

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Great for eLearning Content Development

Easy to use. Good choice of features. Clearly they are dedicated to creating a quality product.

PROS

Thoughtful features nicely integrated into PowerPoint to enhance content for courseware.

CONS

Expensive, especially for a subscription. They should have a simpler, much-less-expensive version that can be used by non-devs to record audio into the PPT. Else a floating license that can be easily switched between computers with no limit to the amount of re-licensing.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

Much easier to use than Captivate, much larger feature set than Presenter. Excellent support.

Hi Mitch, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly ;) Hope it keeps serving you well!

Replied November 2019

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

iSpring in EMR

PROS

Integrates easily with Powerpoint which allowed training to be created quickly and easily.

CONS

Functionality isn't perhaps as broad or technically deep as other offerings.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

Ease of use and integration with current MS packages

Hello Chris, Thanks a lot for posting your review here on Capterra. It's great to hear that iSpring worked well for your project. Hope it keeps serving you well. If you have any feature requests, please send them to support@ispring.com.

Replied June 2020

jeffrey

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Review of Ispring Suite/Market

PROS

Easy to use interface. Good support team.

CONS

I would like to see the PowerPoint Morph transition work when I publish scorm files

Ken

Reviewed November 2020

iSpring - Classroom to Rapid eLearning

My overall experience with iSpring is that it is a great tool for rapidly developing eLearning content, which is essential in these changing times where classroom-based course are rapidly want to move into digital learning. The software caters for your individual level of expertise helping new developers to quickly publish their content, through to advanced, experienced developers to make the content sing and dance. Great product and would recommend it to anyone.

PROS

Level of integration with PowerPoint, capturing all the functionlity, from animations and sequencing to triggers and interactivity. My clients can be comfortable in the knowledge that they have a futureproof master file (in the form of PowerPoint), which they can easily find alternative developers to continue the good work. It also means they don't have to unravel their courses from a dedicated platform should they make the choice to switch. The functionality built into Quizmaker, offers most of the question types you could realistically use. The HTML5 publishing format is seemless with all the devices and browser that I have come across.

CONS

You have to be very careful about names and file paths, because it can easily get confused and then potentially delete the quiz files.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

Less complicated than the other two. It has stayed true to keeping PowerPoint as the base authoring tool. It has the potential, in the right hands to be much more powerful and fit for purpose than built-in LMS authoring solutions.

Reasons for switching to iSpring Suite

PowerPoint, software UX, ease of use, flexiblity and futureproofing.

Hello Ken, Thank you very much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It's extremely amazing to hear that you are so confident in iSpring tool that you'd recommend it to anyone :) We hope iSpring keeps serving you well. If any questions come up, please shoot a message to support@ispring.com - our specialists are always at your service!

Replied December 2020

Stephanie

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Easy to learn and use, especially for PowerPoint users (beginners or super users)

Excellent. Just when I am asked "can you do this for me" I learn something new about iSpring's features. Plus the suite allows us to control the versioning of our courses and share across instructional designers. We are a team of three, so we need to be able to pick up a course at anytime and revise it.

PROS

The publishing options. I can publish as HTML 5, SCORM, or just a .ppt with a quiz. Super simple and easy to use.

CONS

There is a learning curve, of course. But really, it's minimal.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

Cost and ease of use for the entire team of instructional designers. Brainshark only had tiered options (for example, up to 15 designers) and the cost was 10k+ per year. I see iSpring as easier to integrate and learn and I could download a free trial, which was perfect. We had 2 meetings with Brainshark before they would provide us with pricing, and there was no trial option.

Reasons for switching to iSpring Suite

For the entire team to be able to use the application without a ton of training or cost.

Hi Stephanie, Thank YOU so much for posting such a detailed review about iSpring products and service here on Capterra! It means the world to us. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution. Also, you are more than welcome to join iSpring Community Forum where eLearning specialists from all over the world connect, share their experience and eLearning tricks, participate in competitions, and more: https://community.ispringsolutions.com Keep up the great work!:)

Replied March 2023

Alan

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Outstanding customer service and quick to learn!

Overall this is a solid product with amazing customer support. I love the quick access to chat that allows me to get answers to questions, in the middle of the night or on weekends, or just in the middle of the day. They have been very available and usually I get a very quick solution to any problem I may have. They have tons of very quick YouTube videos you can use as reference and they are up-to-date and very well done. I have actually churned out a complete course in a day, which I was never able to do in my previous software, and it would run on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone without me having to configure anything!

PROS

Very easy to start developing and launching learning since the base product is PowerPoint but they have adapted quizes, interactions and some really nice add-on features that help you turn out very effective and interactive learning courses.

CONS

The inability to link quizzes in a course to get an overall final score. I also did not like that I can't create variables that I can assign values, and then use them in either text, or calculations, or whatever else I needed.

Reasons for switching to iSpring Suite

We were looking for a new LMS and the iSpring Learn LMS was more robust and user friendly than the Moodle platform we were using.

Hi Alan, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. As per your Cons, could you please wrap it as a feature request and send more details to support@ispring.com? Thank you and keep up the great work!

Replied January 2021

Airlines/Aviation, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Ispring for authoring language training curriculum

Positive. I'm still learning about how things work and find little things I wasn't aware of now and again (both good and bad), but overall, it's a solid option and does as expected.

PROS

Ease of use, good technical support and the fact that it links to PowerPoint means the development process is not too daunting.

CONS

It's clearly set up as a course full of quizzes. However, we uses this to develop language training activities. This requires constant adjustment (removing reference to quizzes, as an example). I'd like to see a facility to allow more than one muliple choice and True/False question per page for listening-based activities. I'd also like to see a facility in the Dialogue Simulations that would allow the learner's voice to be recorded so they can hear back their voice on and compare to a model. These features would strengthen Ispring in terms of becoming a very useful authoring tool for language training course development.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

Because of the variety of quizzes which we can customise as activities.

Hello Michael, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! It means the world to us. It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solution. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. Keep up the great work!

Replied May 2021

Claudio Daniel

Airlines/Aviation, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

iSpring Suite review

I am quite happy, the system was updated over the years and works on all platforms (iPhon, iPads, PC and android).

PROS

Since the product is reliable and easy to use, it changed my professional life. Since 10 years I am delivering on-line training and examinations. ISpring is a tool that helped me to deliver awesome multimedia presentations and engaging examinations. My customers are quite happy with it as well.

CONS

May be it would be useful to launch it from my website, instead of loggin into the iSpringlearn LMS.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

Because you can start with power point, then assmbly your music and video clips and then easily publish it right away on the iSpringlearn LMS.

Reasons for switching to iSpring Suite

Because it was so complicated to use.

Hi Claudio, Thank you very much for posting this positive review on Capterra :) Hope iSpring keeps serving you well! Also thank you for your feature request. Could you please forward it to support@ispringsolutions.com? Our team will be happy to look into it.

Replied August 2019

Brad

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2019

Lower Initial Learning hurdle compared to other options

Their support both in sales and technical support is great. You immediately hear back from someone who knows all about their product which I've been impressed by.

PROS

Uses the familiar PowerPoint interface and structure, making it easy to quickly generate content. Allows for recorded narration with second view of recorded presenter and set animation timings. Good flexibility with quizzes to make them look professional and not take a long time to generate. Custom behavior for pass/fail conditions. Their support is excellent and the maintenance package is a no brainer at least for the first year while you get started. That being said, I have renewed it for the 2 years (so far) that I have used it since they roll out helpful and thoughtful updates. I also appreciate that they offer a non-profit and educational rate which was the deciding factor for our office.

CONS

iSpring is not as flexible as other options like captivate since you are working within the framework of PowerPoint. I'm happy to make that concession because it makes it easier to learn and use existing presentations from lectures and seminars. I wish it was better integrated with working from MS OneDrive as well. Their exporting functionality can be clunky for when you want to move things around.

Reason for choosing iSpring Suite

PowerPoint platform for easy learning curve and non-profit organization discount option.

Hello Brad, Thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback about iSpring products and service! We are happy that you are happy with it! :) Keep up the great work. And please if you have any questions, send them directly to support@ispringsolutions.com.

Replied November 2019