NEO LMS

NEO LMS Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The help features and guides are excellent and have helped my staff with the set up of our courses. It is end-user friendly and has been a great tool for instructors and students."
  • icon"Easy to use for student and teacher. Allows posts within assignments for student-teacher communication."
  • icon"Making the classes really fun, involving and creative was much easier than I had expected."
  • icon"The grading settings can be particularly confusing."
  • icon"One con comes to mind and that is the lack of features available to the Small Schools package."
  • icon"There are terms you have to know (for example, sticky) so you know what the function is, but no definition is offered anywhere. Math symbols are very limited."

Have you used NEO LMS and would like to share your experience with others?

All NEO LMS Reviews

Alphie

Blended Learning Made Easy

My system of teaching the lessons and assessing the students changed when our institution adapted NEO LMS. Before, I am always worried of the suspension of classes and its effect to the flow of the lesson to be delivered but having NEO with me it eliminated the fear of not meeting my class in a face-to-face set up. NEO brings me closer to my students whether we go synchronous or asynchronous.

Pros

NEO LMS is very easy navigate. Lessons can easily be done even without the users guide or manual. I really like the customer support because of its efficient and quick response. In terms of grading assessments, I find it easy with the use of its Rubric feature. Before, I used to have a lot of papers to bring whenever I go but with NEO LMS, I just need to pull out my tablet to check the submissions of my students. Lastly, my students are more engaged and they enjoy more because of the gamification feature which other LMS don’t have.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons about NEO LMS. Its the perfect LMS for me. I have tested and tried other LMS which are complicated to use. But with NEO, everything is easy. If there is one thing that needs improvement, it would be the mobile app specifically for android devices.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

Hello Alphie, we are glad that you had a good experience with MATRIX! Thank you for your trust and for selecting us as your institution's LMS provider. If you'd like to talk about how we could have improved your experience even more, please feel free to contact your dedicated ACE representative. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Bernard Daniel

Learner's Best Friend

I have been very satisfied with what the application provided

Pros

Its overall flexibility has been one of the main features that have helped both administrators, and users to accomplish learning and finishing tasks. You can also fully customize your lessons and subjects to the kind of students that you have. As an administrator, you have control and statistics on your students' performance and learning. As one of the best platforms out there for e-learning, NEO has made it easy and light for people who have signed up.

Cons

Some sync issues come up every once in a while when I have to copy information from the masterclass. One has to be meticulous and detailed in their settings to get the kind of experience you want your students/participants to have.

Reasons for choosing NEO LMS

NEO LMS had the most features that matched the profile of the students and administrators. As it is also easy to learn and understand, sharing information and sharing lessons became easy and accessible.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

Dear Bernard, thanks a lot for your feedback on NEO! This is valuable information for us to improve our platform. Quick suggestion on syncing which could be helpful: you may check the configuration sync to select items you want to sync in the child courses. We also suggest you enable the listing of child courses to allow you to select classes that you want sync to take place. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Cailee

Love NEO, but hate NEO LMS (the app)

Pros

Love how through apple classroom you can lock students to this app to force them to not cheat on a NEO quiz.

Cons

The app is very glitchy! Sometimes it just shuts down when a student is working in it. Also not all of the quiz features work on the app. The first time students log in to the app is very confusing for them since they have to exactly type in the name of their district.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

We are very sorry for the unpleasant experience you've had using our mobile app. Your feedback is very well noted, and we will ensure that it reaches our Engineering team to fix the issues in our app. If you're still with us, please feel free to contact your dedicated ACE representative about this. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Ana Angelica

Pros and Cons of NEO LMS

NEO LMS is indeed very useful for E-learning and virtual classroom management. Conduct of lessons becomes more organized and managed because of the features we can be found in this software. There might be some glitches but I can say that I am satisfied with my overall experience in NEO LMS.

Pros

As an educator, the best feature of NEO LMS that I have really utilized is its assignment management. I can customized the fonts of instruction, add rubrics and schedule the posting of activities. It helps me organize my class and monitor the progress of the performance of my students.

Cons

The feature that I seldom use is the calendar feature. The fact that it is quite limited and cannot be customized well, is also one reason why I would rather use other application for calendar.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

We are grateful that you took the time to provide feedback for NEO! Please allow us to share that the NEO LMS calendar feature shows all events and activities in your classes and in the entire site. All of the events are automatically added to the calendar, which takes less time for teachers. For synchronous sessions, the calendar allows the users to integrate Google Meet, MS Teams, Zoom, and other tools. You can have four kinds of events: Class, Group, School, and Personal events. Additionally, you may choose to view daily, weekly or monthly events or add an agenda view. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Teacher's partner amidst Pandemic

Overall the partnership between LMS and Teachers or Berkeley, in general, is a blessing amidst the chaos, for we were able to find a partner that help us solve most of the issues and difficulties that we and our students had during the pandemic where face-to-face is suspended, they gave us a platform where we could ensure that students are learning.

Pros

Neo LMS or Blink as we call it, have had been with Berkeley during the pandemic up until now that helping us to ease the learning gap between teachers and students. With the use of the LMS, it is easier to embed videos that we use in our lesson, where we could check if they watch it or not with the use of different assessment tools.

Cons

There's no particular least favorite part on my end, for I appreciate every tab, every function of the LMS. What I would suggest is to train us on how to use gamification so we could utilize this part more.

Clarissa

My Review

As an educator, NEO LMS made everything easier and more convenient. Reaching out to your learners made easier with the messaging feature of this software and it makes online learning more enjoyable and fun.

Pros

NEO LMS is the perfect software in learning management. It gives the perfect features for the learners and at the same time for the educators. It has a feature that makes learning assessments and student's progress and development easier to track and record. The software is very organized as well and very student friendly. Even the beginners will not have a hard time using this software.

Cons

There are just times that NEO don't work because of some updates but nevertheless, it is for the software's improvement as well and at the same time, it doesn't take long.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

Hello Clarissa, we are glad that you like NEO! CYPHER LEARNING strives to provide the best customer experience possible, and it brightens our day to know that we have done so.

Jean

Neo 101

Neo helped me to set up a user friendly virtual classroom. Assignments were easily created and synced to child classes. It allowed me to check on the progress of students from time to time.

Pros

Ease in organizing assessments. Neo provided a virtual platform to organize assessments for student learning thru their assignments feature.

Cons

The attendance. It would've been better if we can divide the dates into quarter/grading period.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

Hi Jean, we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on NEO! We find your suggestion very insightful and will also check if these changes can be implemented in future releases. We would also be happy if you could share this with us via our Suggestion area of the Help Desk. Besides, please feel free to contact your dedicated ACE representative about this. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Robelei Swain

August 2022

NEO as a tool for online schooling

Pros

Giving varied activities and having an organized gradebook makes it very simple to use

Cons

Attendance log is not customizable according to the school's desired format.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

Hi Robelei, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review for NEO! We took it into consideration for future improvement on our attendance feature. A quick attendance tip that you may find interesting: you can add attendance as an activity and award points and badges automatically based on the students' attendance. This is a great way to motivate students to be present in your classes. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Robelei

September 2022

Neo Lms

Pros

The gamification, activities, and assessments help move away from the traditional pencil and paper activities.

Cons

Errors like http errors appear from time to time. Night mode is still buggy.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on NEO! We will make sure to keep you posted on further improvements and product updates in the future. If you'd like to discuss how we could have improved your experience, please contact your dedicated ACE representative. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Jasmine

August 2022

It was a great experience! It helped us a lot especially during our online classes.

Pros

NEO LMS is very child friendly. Even a grade 1 student can navigate its features.

Cons

It is doesn't notify the students regarding activities all the time.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

Hello Jasmin, thank you very much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoyed your NEO LMS experience. Feel free to contact our Support team if you have questions about the notification feature. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Eugenio

University LMS

Very good, once you remove wrong links or avoid using features not well created it does a perfect job

Pros

The features, how it looks, it is very visual, mobile app, easy to follow courses.

Cons

still missing a nice mobile app visual, some files cannot be uploaded or downloaded, some places in the platform has no place to go, errors in some pages.

Reasons for choosing NEO LMS

Because it is attractive for students the aspect, functions and the price that gave us a little effort at the beginning but worth it in the long term

Reasons for switching to NEO LMS

Prive, features, aspect, functionality

Maria Isabel

NEO LMS Review from the Perspective of a Network of Schools

Pros

The most important features for us are competency tracking and score rules. NEO LMS is easy to navigate because of its social media-like interface.

Cons

Although competency tracking is available, there is currently no way to export reports on competencies. As a network of schools, it is vital to have such. A built in item analysis for quizzes would also be beneficial to us. Having this allows us to immediately determine which items can be replaced, eliminating the need to use another tool.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

Thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful review. This is extremely useful. We are happy to let you know that we have added this to our road map, more APIs related to Mastery and competencies will be added. It is now in the testing stage. We should be able to provide updates on this progress the soonest as possible through our ACE Team. Meanwhile, you may check updates as well via our Help Desk, road map section. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Rodel

USA using NEO for 2 Years

Fair, however, will appreciate if online quizzes can be improved by not allowing students to browse any resources online to include in NEO LMS lesson itself.

Pros

Ease of Use, easy navigation, and others.

Cons

Limited Apps in App Center that can be integrated with NEO such as respondus lockdown browser and monitor. The created lessons can not be downloaded and converted to a word and/or PDF that will be readily available to our students' option of asynchronous modular class.

Reasons for choosing NEO LMS

Was cheaper during the last two years. Hope it will remain cheaper throughout.

Response from CYPHER LEARNING

It is great to know that you find NEO LMS easy to use and navigate! Here are some tips on how students can print a lesson that has been created with NEO. In the top right corner where their profile picture is found, there is a dropdown that says Print this page. This will allow them to print the current page they are on at the moment. For the other Apps, we love the suggestions, we would also be happy if you can share them with us via our Suggestion area of the Help desk. Besides, please feel free to contact your dedicated ACE representative about this. Kind regards, CYPHER LEARNING team.

Dr Oscar

The best in the market! I have tried many LMS and none like NEO.

Productivity! This product allows me to be more effective in what I do and profess.

Pros

NEO has it all! I've a course creator and content integrator since 1996 and I can create academic solutions for an entire region, district and schools. NEO allows me to measure student performance across each boundary and create a community of learning among all stakeholders. NEO has very powerful tools that goes beyond the regular institution administration and operation, this is a holistic education tool!

Cons

As an educator and technology user in the classroom need to have off-line capability so in countries like mine where electricity is not a constant student can keep working while there is no connectivity and resume once they are back within the range of our net coverage.

José

Best LMS!

We use NEO LMS for short online continuing education courses. Almost never students make question about the navigation and funcionality. The organization is as pedagogical as it can be. Rubrics are an espectacular tool to give feedback to the student participation in forums, discutions, debates and other tasks. We make all the presential and hybrid classes complete paperless, and the full online students enjoy the liberty of learning on the go.

Pros

User friendly.

Cons

We like to have dual dates for the task that have multiple parts.

Robert