• Pros

• "I love how clean the interface is. It is very easy to manage or navigate around. Parents and students have found using this system is intuitive and very user friendly!"

• "Customer Service is excellent. They are responsive to suggestions and customer requests. It is customizable for the school, and it has served our students and teachers well."

• "The flexibility it provides for designing online and blended courses. Ease of use as admin and instructor. Students love it. Great customer support. "

• Cons

• "It is very complex to be used, it needs a lot of practise and support to get the actual knowledge of. "

• "Student-Teacher messaging system is not searchable for key words and does not show all messages sent to a student. "

• "The calendar doesn't integrate well with iPhones and I've been restricted to desktop/ laptop use. I'd also like to have a better way to give feedback to submissions than what is currently available."

Browse NEO LMS Reviews

Alphie from University of Batangas

Blended Learning Made Easy

My system of teaching the lessons and assessing the students changed when our institution adapted NEO LMS. Before, I am always worried of the suspension of classes and its effect to the flow of the lesson to be delivered but having NEO with me it eliminated the fear of not meeting my class in a face-to-face set up. NEO brings me closer to my students whether we go synchronous or asynchronous.

Pros

NEO LMS is very easy navigate. Lessons can easily be done even without the users guide or manual. I really like the customer support because of its efficient and quick response. In terms of grading assessments, I find it easy with the use of its Rubric feature. Before, I used to have a lot of papers to bring whenever I go but with NEO LMS, I just need to pull out my tablet to check the submissions of my students. Lastly, my students are more engaged and they enjoy more because of the gamification feature which other LMS dont have.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons about NEO LMS. Its the perfect LMS for me. I have tested and tried other LMS which are complicated to use. But with NEO, everything is easy. If there is one thing that needs improvement, it would be the mobile app specifically for android devices.

Dr Oscar from Adler College, EBATEC, and soon the Puerto Rico Department of Education

The best in the market! I have tried many LMS and none like NEO.

Productivity! This product allows me to be more effective in what I do and profess.

Pros

NEO has it all! I've a course creator and content integrator since 1996 and I can create academic solutions for an entire region, district and schools. NEO allows me to measure student performance across each boundary and create a community of learning among all stakeholders. NEO has very powerful tools that goes beyond the regular institution administration and operation, this is a holistic education tool!

Cons

As an educator and technology user in the classroom need to have off-line capability so in countries like mine where electricity is not a constant student can keep working while there is no connectivity and resume once they are back within the range of our net coverage.

Jos from Continuing Education and Profesional Studies Divition, University of Puerto Rico, Mayagez Campus

Best LMS!

We use NEO LMS for short online continuing education courses. Almost never students make question about the navigation and funcionality. The organization is as pedagogical as it can be. Rubrics are an espectacular tool to give feedback to the student participation in forums, discutions, debates and other tasks. We make all the presential and hybrid classes complete paperless, and the full online students enjoy the liberty of learning on the go.

Pros

User friendly.

Cons

We like to have dual dates for the task that have multiple parts.

Cailee from Santa Barbara Junior High School

Love NEO, but hate NEO LMS (the app)

Pros

Love how through apple classroom you can lock students to this app to force them to not cheat on a NEO quiz.

Cons

The app is very glitchy! Sometimes it just shuts down when a student is working in it. Also not all of the quiz features work on the app. The first time students log in to the app is very confusing for them since they have to exactly type in the name of their district.

Robert from Beacon of Hope Online Learning

Best LMS offered online to date!

A learning management system that provided the options that we needed when we first started using it almost 4 years ago.

Pros

Cons

One con comes to mind and that is the lack of features available to the Small Schools package. There should be a tier introduced that is between the Small School and Enterprise that allow a few more features for smaller schools that cannot afford the Enterprise package to be able to us or offer some sort of al-la-carte for all the features offered on the Enterprise package.

Annie from St. Thomas Aquinas Parish

This has worked GREAT for our Church's Religious Education program!

It allows us to connect with students who otherwise would not participate in Religious Education.

Pros

This allows us to offer an alternative to our gathered program. It gives the students an experience that might even be better than the kids have in class, while still connecting with people from the parish who are responding to and commenting on their work. Making the classes really fun, involving and creative was much easier than I had expected!

Daria from Galiver Limited

Beautiful platform

Stress free experience. Im always emailed about new assignments, grades and comments. Submissions are easy.

Pros

I like this platform more than others Ive tried. Ive used Moodle for many years and recently changed schools. Neo is much more user friendly, has beautiful design, and is easy to navigate from desktop or phone. I also like that it allows Face ID to log in.

Cons

Didnt notice any cons except id prefer more options for editing text in the discussion.

Carol from GRACE Christian School

We explored other options but chose NEO LMS a few years ago. It was the right choice for us!

One place for all our curriculum assignments, resources, etc. and easy access (at home & school) from different devices.

Pros

Cons

Would be nice to have a drag-n-drop capability for some of the pages. For example, I can easily add a new web resource but it won't necessarily be in alpha order.

John from SBCEO

NEO Online Classroom

I use this to manage an online classroom for 500 users. It is fairly easy to create assignments and monitor student completion. The NEO team is responsive to any questions.

Pros

Developer continues to add features. Dependable platform. Easy to use for student and teacher Allows posts within assignments for student-teacher communication

Travis from Santa Barbara County Education Office

NEO LMS is great for teachers who have online assignments.

I have been using it for years now and love it.

Pros

Tech support is supreme. I can give online and offline assignments. I can update/edit projects anytime, anywhere. They are constantly adding new features and refining others.

Cons

Navigation is sometimes awkward. For example, getting to 'Notes' for a student, there is only one route.

Kim from Burleson ISD

NEO is easy to use, delivers what it says it will, and is easily customized.

We get interactivity with the kids and the ability to both do teacher-led and self-paced activities. The adding of standards to assignments and quizzes and the ability to see a master wheel for each student is incredible. The gamification features work perfectly for our gaming and coding focused middle school.

Pros

The ability to apply standards to assignments and quizzes and see mastery wheels for each student based on those standards is FANTASTIC! With our focus on gamification, we can award badges and points, set up leaderboards and more! It's perfect for the unique, highly personalized learning that we focus on in our school.

Julia from GRACE Christian School

School Use

Pros

We use this LMS for our K-12 school for teachers and students. I like the ease of duplicating courses from one year to another and the ability to have multiple teachers per course.

Anna from GRACE Christian School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of NEO LMS (LanSchool)

Overall, it has been helpful.

Pros

I like that they make improvements, add new features.

Cons

Overall, no issues that I don't like. There are a few features that I would change (instead of having to remember to "give" an assignment, have a box that automatically comes up and asks you if you want to go ahead and give it, that way you don't forget) but overall no complaints.

Gladys from International Institute for Health Care Professionals, inc.

Students and teachers both find this LMS very easy to use, and to be able to customize is great.

The price is perfect. Students and Teachers advise me of the ease of use and the aesthetic appeal of the LMS.

Pros

The ease of use, the visual appeal and the ability to customize the LMS to reflect individual schools.

Cons

It would be wonderful if discussions could have peer reviews and liking. In addition, if there were more options for the type of test questions such as drag and drop.

Peter from Anglo-American University

NEO LMS is easy to use, offers competitive prices and its support has short response time.

Pros

As an administrator, I like the ability to synchronize enrollments using API. I also appreciate that with Enterprise Plan I can now re-activate archived users myself.

Cons

I would like to have choice to select from more roles for our users, or even better - to have a role which can be customized. We need stronger Monitor or weaker Admin account.

George from Fontys University of Applied Sciences

Product works well, pretty easy to use basic functions.. I use it for teaching university classes.

Quick start-up; easy to archive past classes; smooth integration of flipped classroom materials into the system.

Pros

Ability to give access to adjunct staff, off-site, and cross department staff to create courses. Nice canvas for creating leasson. Customer support is very responsive and good!

Cons

The online documentation is too simplistic. There needs to be some more advanced documentation for power users or administrators. The options for setting up and administering tests could be improved.

Manal from Global Tutor

The best student interaction platform

Pros

It inculcates many features that transfers the real life classroom into an LMS portal. The last seen sessions of students, the various assignment formats and clear grading system are what I love the most.

Andrew from Furtwangen University of Applied Sciences

I have been using NEO since 2011. Great product. Intuitive, provides excellent roi.

Flexibility, stability. Ease of use.

Pros

Cons

I am happy with the software. As an administrator I would like to have the ability to re-activate student accounts.

Rick from Thomas Jennings Open Learning Village

Excellent tool for conducting learning management. It very user friendly with constant updates.

Just an excellent tool to manage the teaching and learning environment - and cost effective as well

Pros

It's easily accessible for students and faculty. The grading system and blogging sites are excellent.

Cons

The cutoff for student cost is high.

Ahmed Tariq from L'cole for Advanced Studies

Highly customizable LMS that works well for administration and academics management.

Pros

- Flexibility of how much of the entire systems potential you want to use. - Pleasant interface is easy to use for people of all ages.

Cons

- Mobile App is virtually equivalent to using a phone browser and is not always very mobile-friendly. - There's still a general clunky feeling to the whole interface (even on desktop). Slightly improving the aesthetics can go a long way.

Amber from Ayers Career College

I have had excellent experience with this software!

Pros

I like the user interface. The help features and guides are excellent and have helped my staff with the set up of our courses. It is end-user friendly and has been a great tool for instructors and students.

Tammi from Santa Barbara Unified

NEO for Education

Pros

Once you learn the program, it has many helpful features.

Cons

It's difficult to find answers on the program itself. I rely on colleagues for help. The grading settings can be particularly confusing.

Cecilia from Livets Ords Kristna Gymnasium

An excellent help

I just started using edu20 this year (August 2013), and it is truly a great help for me and my students to keep track of our work. It saves time since they do not have to search for lost handouts, notes about homework, etc. It also saves paper. The tools available - for free! - are amazing: lessons, assignments of different sorts, forums, blogs, and more. The design is neutral and the site fairly easy to navigate and use - though I am sure there are things I have yet to learn to make it easier still. The editing tools for a lesson page are OK but could be easier to use - paragraphing and listing is still tricky, I find, and there is no tabs function, I think, for example - and sometimes when I paste in from a Word document, bits are lost and formatting is altered. Overall, I would recommed edu20 to any teacher who wants to make use of the cloud in teaching, whether you want to put in more time and learn to explore the full possibilities or not, you can always start out fairly quickly with a class and try things out as you go - that is what I am doing and the students seem to appreciate it. We are thankful all the way from Sweden!

Cristian Camilo from University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez

I take a graduate course in this platform

Organization, quality material, grades, variety of languages, forums

Pros

Organization, everything is clear and easy to find, it permits to you optimize your time Quality material is very good and professional videos, lectures, quizzes, etc. is in excellent quality Grades are easy to find and see all of them Languages, are a lot of languages available to set your environment and profile Forums to ask and discuss with your classmates or with the teacher

Cons

Price, I didn't pay anything but my teacher pay for have the course available there Registration, I have to find a username and password. It will be better if you use student mail account.

Aaron from Gateway High School

An LMS that listens

I have been using NEO since 2007 and have nothing but praise for this LMS. I have looked at other possibilities and have yet to find anything that compares in ease of use and overall effectiveness. My students love that they can access all of their assignments, content, and grades from anywhere they have internet access. I love it because this system has kept me organized from one year to the next. The founder of NEO has a true love for education and it shows. I feel like I am part of developing the system as it has matured over the years. I have made suggestions for one reason or another and the suggestions are responded to and have been implemented or provided an explanation as to why the suggestion wouldn't work. Pricing for this product is incredible. Use it for free and get as much out of it as you want as a teacher. As a district, you can really drill down in your data with competency based teaching by linking your state standards to the content and assignments. Your students and you will no doubt love NEO!

our platform

Storing resources, gathering marks of students. Creating quizzes and receiving work via Turnitin.

Pros

The quizzes and the storage of resources

Cons

Absentees, marks, schedules, accounts and reports cannot be printed from this platform. It is not IOS friendly

Ariana from Asociacin Civil CON LA ESCUELA

This is targeting as it best!

So much help and ideas to create interactive and customizable learning paths.

Pros

As an eLearning Designer, I truly appreciate personalized features and prices! Cypher Learning is one of my favorite companies in the industry right now. And offering special prizes and features for education is a must!

Cons

As amazing as its features are, sometimes it can get overwhelming. Too many options and not all teachers or schools have the real experts to make the best of it. Anyhow, the users manual you can download and the many tutorials available are very helpful.

Noelia from Avalon Centre

EDU 2.0

As we're a new English Language Centre, we have found your platform really useful, and we're trying to set everything ready for the beginning of the 2014 school year. Generally, I dare to say that the site looks really good, and appealing to students, thanks to the wide variety of activities that can be included (thinking as an English as a second language teacher). I couldn't find any negative point so far, since we are just starting with it, the way of creating the activities, uploading info, and communicating with the students, teachers, parents, and other members of the Centre is really friendly. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity of using your product!

Grace from IACADEMY

NEO LMS Review

Pros

Its intention of being a learning management software.

Cons

1. Lessons are mostly by text and do not allow students to go through them step by step. 2. It is also not very easy navigating through the different functions, for ex. Gradebook 3. There are terms you have to know (for example, sticky) so you know what the function is, but no definition is offered anywhere 4. Math symbols are very limited 5. Tips on how to use shortcuts for classes are not easily accessible

Emmanuel from University of Saint Louis

The Joruney with NEO LMS

Its basically using a platform that will complement face to face learning.In the near future, Online Learning will be fully employed, hence this will really be of help. NEO LMS is friendlier than other providers, at least in my experience as Administrator and the one supervising the implementation of the same.

Pros

The features that are updated from time to time. The capacity of the teacher to be able to check assessments as well as compute the grades.

Cons

I do not have anything against any of the features of NEO LMS.

Maziar from CourseNetworking

One of the Best Course Management Tools

Pros

Good Authoring tool Good integration Many Different apps such as Google and LDAP integration Everything out of the box works well

Cons

For the first time users, it is kind of confusing API doesn't come with the actual product (free version)

Peter from Tree of Life School

April 2016

Great LMS, functional, versatile, attractive, good value

This LMS is a great asset to our organization since 2015. It's quite versatile for creating educational content, managing user accounts, operating online classes, and customizing the school portal. There's lots more that this LMS can do than we are currently using. Pros: affordable $rates for small schools, ongoing improvement of software/addition of features, capability for audio/video recording, excellent and prompt technical support Cons: no PDF annotation for marking student assignments yet

March 2015

Jovanca from CNAD en linea

March 2015

Great

Ive been using the free version of Edu 2.0, now NEO LMS, for almost five years. I have never had problems, nor my students. I love it. My students, also teachers, are using it now for their own classes. It is really great! It has almost all we need. and very easy to use. English is not our first language but we can manage it well.

May 2016

Alberto from NIS

May 2016

I have been using for a while now and I really I can say that it has been a great experience.

One thing I would like to see is that NEO LMS needs to give the option to buy modules that we as educator might need for specific classes.

October 2014

Jan A from Markabygda Montessorischool, Norway

October 2014

Great LMS

I have used this LMS the last 3 years! Now using the free one... It is just a really great LMS! Clear and easy to use.