What are Pluralsight Skills users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Pluralsight Skills software through verified user reviews

• icon"Lots of great material from Cyber Security, Coding, to Cloud. Great instructors and high quality production with hands on labs."
  • icon"Ease of use, the mobile app is also great, it's good that you can continue where you left off."
  • icon"The sheer volumes and varied contents of PS is amazing. The ease of use of the web player and the slick offline player."
  • icon"No legacy systems covered like RPG IBM language. Lack of interactive courses for specific topics."
  • icon"Maybe one thing that i did not like - i had some courses downloaded for offline listening. However i was not able to launch the app while i was on the plane and there was no network."
  • icon"It is not optimized for Mobile use. For me I struggled to review a course or sometimes start the course while using the mobile app."

Browse all Pluralsight Skills Reviews

• Have you used Pluralsight Skills and would like to share your experience with others?

Integrate Pluralsight Training Into Your Experts Path

My experience over the past few years with Pluralsight is very good. I plan to always have a subscription. This is just a necessary item in the IT industry. The courses are very consistent and high quality with very good authors. Every day several new courses are released and usually, there is one I need to watch as part of my training program.

Pros

I get up early every day and watch courses on Pluralsight for one hour. I have been doing this for several years. For the subjects that I am interested in (IT, Cloud, Software, DevOps), their courses are first class. I also take the Pluralsight IQ tests on a regular basis in 30 different areas to review my skill set and help me find areas that I need to spend more time with. The number of courses available on Pluralsight is amazing. You could spend your entire life and not watch all of them.

Cons

The iPhone app constantly requires reauthentication which means usually I cannot watch an offline course unless I also have Internet. This is a difficulty on the train where there is no signal.

Sharique

Pluralsight Skills - Must have learning solution in the fast paced software development world

An excellent platform for software engineering teams to learn and upskill. Technology changes at a rapid pace and you need something like PluralSight on your side to keep up

Pros

- The library of courses is very vast and very useful - Content of each course is presented in easy to understand fashion - It supports multiple devices, you can continue to learn from your phone or tablet - Certification paths help engineers to ramp up quickly

Cons

- Administration console UI can be streamlined more - Auto suggestion based on learning can be improved also

Reasons for choosing Pluralsight Skills

Better customer support

Matt

April 2022

Excellent augmenting employment development

superb organization help

Pros

great brick and mortar experience to track inventory and assist in the employee training online assessments and cbt training

Cons

i find nothing wrong as the software is commonly used with more accurate then inaccurate

Kyle

Pluralsight has too much

Pros

Tons of topics on varying levels of understanding. Has filled my needs for any niche technology I'm currently looking into.

Cons

Too many topics can sometimes be a bad thing. The quality is very varied and unfocused. Many of my colleagues love this service but it isnt for me

Nick

March 2022

Pluralsight Review

Pros

Pluralsight has an easy to use interface and makes it easy to search for the training you want and play the videos.

Cons

For the price the library is a bit small, I wish there was more videos.

George

Simple Review

The platform is very well organized. you can bookmark courses and it remembers where you left off the next time you log in. The downloaded material for coding along with the instructors making the learning process very interesting.

Pros

the vast library of videos with all sorts of technology from different sources. Courses in English with subtitles, in some courses, but very well spoken. The uniform sound for starting and finishing a module. The system to earn badges as per achievements accomplished. The ability to take an IQ test and assess where you are, in terms of the skills you need and the summary that helps identify what to strengthen.

Cons

The price could be a bit lower for individuals, beginners who are not sure that programming is their path in life.

One of the best paid training tools for tech teams

I've used Pluralsight Skills for my team's training demands. All in all, I really recommend this as this provides a wide array of topics in software development and more. If you are looking for an effective way to learn programming languages with hands-on application, this is for you. Just bear in mind that this is not free so prepare your payment method.

Pros

1. Up-to-date topics related to software development, and other facets in technology 2. Accessible anywhere - You can access it through desktop, mobile browser, and its app 3. Recognized - You can link your certifications in LinkedIn 4. Certifications

Cons

1. Expensive 2. For free trial, still requires mode of payment

Joe

Professional training on demand

I have been able to use the learnings from many courses directly to my daily work. It is a great way of quickly getting up to speed on a topic.

Pros

There is a vast amount of content available. The videos all follow a similar pattern making the entire learning process, regardles of the subject, familiar. Different levels of training ensures you can receive in-depth training of a subject, regardless of the level you start at. Having transcripts available is great, as some courses can be covered by reading the transcript when watching a video is not an option.

Cons

The ratings of some courses may not be reflective of your view, and you may find stopping a course early as it isn't covering a topic as you would have hoped. However there are multiple videos on a topic so usually there is an alternative that may suit better.

Nidhi

Industry: Biotechnology

E-learning at it's best with Pluralsight Skills

Sharpen the skills using Pluralsight

Pros

Excellent content, course categorization based on path, works best when videos are downloaded offline.

Cons

Crashes online if browser speed is weak and buffers the content. Pricing can be reduced.

Aniket

Review for Pluralsight

Overall it's a good platform to learn and enhance your skills. Recommended.

Pros

It has a wide variety of courses and some of the trainers are just amazing, the slides and animations are very easy to understand. It also have skill test with quality questions to test your knowledge.

Cons

The subscription price is on the higher side. Also there is no code editor to practice coding. They could have their own inbuilt code-editor.

Paula

Enhancing Learning Experiences with Pluralsight

As a company, we use the Pluralsight platform to create learning paths for onboarding new employees and continue the learning experience for existing employees. This enables us to identify areas to encourage a learning culture and support employee development. I appreciate the constant notification of updates to course material and enhancements. It displays the dedication Pluralsight has in providing updated material in a fast past field and in turn helps me to communicate with the users to ensure they are aware of updates beneficial to their needs. The staff is quick in response time and displays an earnest interest in helping our company focus on where we want to be in with our Learning and Development platform.

Pros

The software provides an easy tool to identify learning paths for our employees and tailor them to the level of the employee's experience. It is well organized, easy to navigate and allows the employee access for continuous learning at their own pace. It also provides them with access to other areas of development outside of their current roles. We appreciate the analytics that allows us the opportunity to evaluate the progress and effort put forth in the usage of the product. We also appreciate the available tools to identify skill levels. We appreciate the new content that is continually being added and the visibility as to when the courses were created.

Cons

Using Pluralsight has been a good experience for our company and we haven't encountered any unfavorable aspects when working with the software.

Pluralsight is my "goto" resource for video training on technical subjects

Keeping up with ever changing technology is very difficult, Pluralsight makes it tolerable to learn new content in a fun and engaging way.

Pros

The vast brethren of available computer courses is amazing on Pluralsight. There are literally thousands of courses to choose from, including old technologies and cutting edge-new technologies. The courses are all professionally done and I haven't found one yet that wasn't worth watching.

Cons

The content is mainly technically focused. On some other learning sites (like Lynda.com) there are some non-technical courses available (soft skills like presenting or public speaking for instance).

Charles

Great Learning Experiences

I like the changes that they have been implementing to address user experience issues and simplify usage.

Pros

I love that you can take pre-assessment testing to understand what you don't know and that the offer suggestions on what to watch/study to help fill those gaps. I also love that I can get a variety of offerings on a similar topic so that I understand more view points.

Cons

I see confusion around the differences of Roles, Paths, etc.

Gilbert

Content well organized

Overall my experience with PluralSight has been very positive.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the PluralSight Web Site interface. That allows me to quickly search courses and add them to a Custom created Learning Channel. The course content is well organized and well broken up into manageable sections.

Cons

I have been fortunate that only a few courses the presenters audio was sort of difficult to make out. I had to turn on Close Captioning. One thing that I have noticed a little, that would definitely quickly cause me concern is not having available the latest content.

Reasons for choosing Pluralsight Skills

I have used CBT Nuggets in the past and wanted to try PluralSight.

Reasons for switching to Pluralsight Skills

I have used CBT Nuggets in the past and wanted to try PluralSight.

Josh

Use Pluralsight for All Tech Skill Needs

We have 1300+ technologists with a plethora of skill needs. Pluralsight offers top tier content and interactive exercises delivered by industry-leading instructors.

Pros

Pluralsight has a vast, amazing library of content. Whatever your IT needs are, you'll find high-quality content.

Cons

I'd like Pluralsight to be my silver bullet. I want content on soft skills in the same source to make my life easier.

Jacek

Industry: Information Services

Gives competitive edge to my career

Listening to the courses gave me inspiration as well as great tips that often helped me reach highier levels of my career as a Software Engineer.

Pros

Knowledge is easily accessible through high quality content.

Cons

Leaves me a bit without a tool to plan long term - I used OneNote and Evernote for few years to keep track of past/in-progress/planned courses - I've given up a bit and got used to Channels - although they get a bit hard to use after exceeding 20-30 items on a list.

Reasons for switching to Pluralsight Skills

LearnDevNow course base was a bit more limited (less frontend-oriented courses) and grown slower.

Good Software

I have managed to upgrade my skills and track my progress

Pros

The features that I love most are: - Skills Assessment - which is a test that you take when beginning a study path and you can take again along the way to assess your progress.

Cons

It is very difficult to manage different learning paths

It was too expensive

Neil

Quality tech courses for everyone

Have been using it for years and have learned a lot

Pros

The download and learning check features

Cons

Most courses are entry level, I would like more advanced/specialized courses

Aram

Great Learning Platform for People working in Technology

Overall, I have had great experience with the Pluralsight content and I think all software teams will benefit from doing their courses

Pros

I like the variety of the content related to software and programming. They also publish new content on newly released technologies and trending ones pretty much on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes, if you are looking for deep-dive learning in particular concepts like software architecture, specially more modern architectures, you will find there are gaps in the content

Dong

Very Good learning system

Will keep using

Pros

can find out many courses you want to learn

Cons

In the course, is it possible to allow the students to search on a topic and start to learn a piece or a demo to only focus on what they the need

more good courses found

Sarthak

Food, Cloth, House and Pluralsight - A Basic need

Anyone and everyone wanting to jump or just at the shallow end of the technological ocean must use PS to fast track their knowledge base. I personally developed a completely new integration system, without any business cost, at an enterprise level just with the videos of PS. It is that amazing of a guide.

Pros

Cons

Keyboard shortcuts on the player could be better.

Robert

Great Resource, Quality Teachers and Many Topics

We use Pluralight as a benefit to our employees. The company provides access to this services and it is helping us get certifications and sharpen our skills for the business, professionally and personally.

Pros

I like the search ability and detailed descriptions. Whether I'm curious or need serious information, I can find the title to help me accomplish that goal.

Cons

It is not optimized for Mobile use. For me I struggled to review a course or sometimes start the course while using the mobile app. Some of that may have been signal related, but some additional work to optimize for mobile delivery may be required.

Jason

Awesome online training

I hope my employer continues to allow us to purchase it each year, it is a value added tool that we use constantly.

Pros

I can access it anywhere and download trainings while I am out of cell or wireless range.

Cons

The library can sometimes get overwhelming and dialing in what I want to see sometimes I miss new videos or other videos that might benefit me.

Price really. Plus the programming options were better with Pluralsight

Industry: Information Services

Pluralsight is great for the entire team

Pros

Pluralsight is great for the entire team. I sometimes as the Architect get requests out of left field and learning a new technology we need to evaluate or integrate with Pluralsight is invaluable in getting both basic and detailed info on a wide range of topics. It's great to roll out to a team of developers or QA as well.

Cons

I don't see a way to add it to my smart TV

Mary

Pluralsight review

Great. The instructor is an excellent teacher.

Pros

Well organized to follow the paths/channels that I am interested in.

Cons

Possibly dated material for Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching track which is from 2016. With the pace of technology changes anticipate this is not the latest in Cisco information although the fundamentals will certainly apply.

Pluralsight Skills