• Pros

• "Pluralsight has a vast, amazing library of content. Whatever your IT needs are, you'll find high-quality content."

• "The sheer volumes and varied contents of PS is amazing. The ease of use of the web player and the slick offline player."

• "I like the search ability and detailed descriptions. Whether I'm curious or need serious information, I can find the title to help me accomplish that goal. "

• Cons

• "Keyboard shortcuts on the player could be better."

• "Most courses are entry level, I would like more advanced/specialized courses"

• "Sometimes, if you are looking for deep-dive learning in particular concepts like software architecture, specially more modern architectures, you will find there are gaps in the content "

Browse Pluralsight Skills Reviews

John from Hanley

Integrate Pluralsight Training Into Your Experts Path

My experience over the past few years with Pluralsight is very good. I plan to always have a subscription. This is just a necessary item in the IT industry. The courses are very consistent and high quality with very good authors. Every day several new courses are released and usually, there is one I need to watch as part of my training program.

Pros

I get up early every day and watch courses on Pluralsight for one hour. I have been doing this for several years. For the subjects that I am interested in (IT, Cloud, Software, DevOps), their courses are first class. I also take the Pluralsight IQ tests on a regular basis in 30 different areas to review my skill set and help me find areas that I need to spend more time with. The number of courses available on Pluralsight is amazing. You could spend your entire life and not watch all of them.

Cons

The iPhone app constantly requires reauthentication which means usually I cannot watch an offline course unless I also have Internet. This is a difficulty on the train where there is no signal.

Paula from TMC Transportation

Enhancing Learning Experiences with Pluralsight

As a company, we use the Pluralsight platform to create learning paths for onboarding new employees and continue the learning experience for existing employees. This enables us to identify areas to encourage a learning culture and support employee development. I appreciate the constant notification of updates to course material and enhancements. It displays the dedication Pluralsight has in providing updated material in a fast past field and in turn helps me to communicate with the users to ensure they are aware of updates beneficial to their needs. The staff is quick in response time and displays an earnest interest in helping our company focus on where we want to be in with our Learning and Development platform.

Pros

The software provides an easy tool to identify learning paths for our employees and tailor them to the level of the employee's experience. It is well organized, easy to navigate and allows the employee access for continuous learning at their own pace. It also provides them with access to other areas of development outside of their current roles. We appreciate the analytics that allows us the opportunity to evaluate the progress and effort put forth in the usage of the product. We also appreciate the available tools to identify skill levels. We appreciate the new content that is continually being added and the visibility as to when the courses were created.

Cons

Using Pluralsight has been a good experience for our company and we haven't encountered any unfavorable aspects when working with the software.

Kyle from Broadsign

Pluralsight has too much

Pros

Tons of topics on varying levels of understanding. Has filled my needs for any niche technology I'm currently looking into.

Cons

Too many topics can sometimes be a bad thing. The quality is very varied and unfocused. Many of my colleagues love this service but it isnt for me

Pluralsight is my "goto" resource for video training on technical subjects

Keeping up with ever changing technology is very difficult, Pluralsight makes it tolerable to learn new content in a fun and engaging way.

Pros

The vast brethren of available computer courses is amazing on Pluralsight. There are literally thousands of courses to choose from, including old technologies and cutting edge-new technologies. The courses are all professionally done and I haven't found one yet that wasn't worth watching.

Cons

The content is mainly technically focused. On some other learning sites (like Lynda.com) there are some non-technical courses available (soft skills like presenting or public speaking for instance).

Charles from WageWorks Inc

Great Learning Experiences

I like the changes that they have been implementing to address user experience issues and simplify usage.

Pros

I love that you can take pre-assessment testing to understand what you don't know and that the offer suggestions on what to watch/study to help fill those gaps. I also love that I can get a variety of offerings on a similar topic so that I understand more view points.

Cons

I see confusion around the differences of Roles, Paths, etc.

Josh from Raymond James

Use Pluralsight for All Tech Skill Needs

We have 1300+ technologists with a plethora of skill needs. Pluralsight offers top tier content and interactive exercises delivered by industry-leading instructors.

Pros

Cons

I'd like Pluralsight to be my silver bullet. I want content on soft skills in the same source to make my life easier.

Jacek from IHS Markit

Industry: Information Services

Gives competitive edge to my career

Listening to the courses gave me inspiration as well as great tips that often helped me reach highier levels of my career as a Software Engineer.

Pros

Knowledge is easily accessible through high quality content.

Cons

Leaves me a bit without a tool to plan long term - I used OneNote and Evernote for few years to keep track of past/in-progress/planned courses - I've given up a bit and got used to Channels - although they get a bit hard to use after exceeding 20-30 items on a list.

Reasons for Switching to Pluralsight Skills

LearnDevNow course base was a bit more limited (less frontend-oriented courses) and grown slower.

Nathan from Precoa

I LOVE Pluralsight

I am in the love group for Pluralsight, I absolutely love the interface and product it offers.

Pros

I am definitely in the love group when it comes to Pluralsight! Anytime I am in a situation where I don't understand a feature of a new software (or an old software that I thought I had mastered), I jump onto Pluralsight, find the module I need, and can quickly learn what I need to know. I owe Pluralsight a lot of praise for how much it has gotten me at my job.

Cons

There are some new software products on the market, that Pluralsight doesn't have trainings for, that I wish it did.

Best Way to Learn on the Go!

Pros

I love the portability! I can access Pluralsight everywhere I go; on my phone, tablet, and on web browsers. I enjoy many of the features, my favorite one being that I can download the course onto my devices. Pluralsight is an amazing study tool, I've passed two certification exams thanks to the great courses!

Cons

I wish that there was an auto-play option for web browsers.

Shelby from PwC

What a Fantastic Tool

Pros

The library of content, features list, and the fact that many of the courses meet requirements for certification is a phenomenal benefit. I would highly recommend Pluralsight to any organization looking for training options for staff.

Cons

As with many mature softwares, maybe a bit too feature rich, but in no way a concern!

Gilbert from NWS Southern Region HQ

Content well organized

Overall my experience with PluralSight has been very positive.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the PluralSight Web Site interface. That allows me to quickly search courses and add them to a Custom created Learning Channel. The course content is well organized and well broken up into manageable sections.

Cons

I have been fortunate that only a few courses the presenters audio was sort of difficult to make out. I had to turn on Close Captioning. One thing that I have noticed a little, that would definitely quickly cause me concern is not having available the latest content.

Reasons for Choosing Pluralsight Skills

I have used CBT Nuggets in the past and wanted to try PluralSight.

Reasons for Switching to Pluralsight Skills

I have used CBT Nuggets in the past and wanted to try PluralSight.

Neil from Gallagher Bassett

Quality tech courses for everyone

Have been using it for years and have learned a lot

Pros

The download and learning check features

Cons

Most courses are entry level, I would like more advanced/specialized courses

Andrew from Telecommunications

Good Software

I have managed to upgrade my skills and track my progress

Pros

The features that I love most are: - Skills Assessment - which is a test that you take when beginning a study path and you can take again along the way to assess your progress.

Cons

It is very difficult to manage different learning paths

It was too expensive

Aram from https://lgm.ca

Great Learning Platform for People working in Technology

Overall, I have had great experience with the Pluralsight content and I think all software teams will benefit from doing their courses

Pros

I like the variety of the content related to software and programming. They also publish new content on newly released technologies and trending ones pretty much on a daily basis.

Dong from Segal Group

Very Good learning system

Will keep using

Pros

can find out many courses you want to learn

Cons

In the course, is it possible to allow the students to search on a topic and start to learn a piece or a demo to only focus on what they the need

more good courses found

Sarthak from TESCO

Food, Cloth, House and Pluralsight - A Basic need

Anyone and everyone wanting to jump or just at the shallow end of the technological ocean must use PS to fast track their knowledge base. I personally developed a completely new integration system, without any business cost, at an enterprise level just with the videos of PS. It is that amazing of a guide.

Pros

Cons

Keyboard shortcuts on the player could be better.

Robert from Plexus Worldwide

Great Resource, Quality Teachers and Many Topics

We use Pluralight as a benefit to our employees. The company provides access to this services and it is helping us get certifications and sharpen our skills for the business, professionally and personally.

Pros

Cons

It is not optimized for Mobile use. For me I struggled to review a course or sometimes start the course while using the mobile app. Some of that may have been signal related, but some additional work to optimize for mobile delivery may be required.

Jason from Automotive

Awesome online training

I hope my employer continues to allow us to purchase it each year, it is a value added tool that we use constantly.

Pros

I can access it anywhere and download trainings while I am out of cell or wireless range.

Cons

The library can sometimes get overwhelming and dialing in what I want to see sometimes I miss new videos or other videos that might benefit me.

Price really. Plus the programming options were better with Pluralsight

John from RegEd

Industry: Information Services

Pluralsight is great for the entire team

Pros

Pluralsight is great for the entire team. I sometimes as the Architect get requests out of left field and learning a new technology we need to evaluate or integrate with Pluralsight is invaluable in getting both basic and detailed info on a wide range of topics. It's great to roll out to a team of developers or QA as well.

Cons

I don't see a way to add it to my smart TV

Mary from City of Seattle

Pluralsight review

Great. The instructor is an excellent teacher.

Pros

Well organized to follow the paths/channels that I am interested in.

Cons

Possibly dated material for Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching track which is from 2016. With the pace of technology changes anticipate this is not the latest in Cisco information although the fundamentals will certainly apply.

Mark from Genus IntelliGen

Industry: Biotechnology

Invaluable Tool

Pros

In a constantly changing technology landscape, this is a great tool to keep up. You can get the big picture or go in depth on just about any software technology.

Cons

There is so much content, sometimes it can be hard to narrow down what you're looking for, but Pluralsight has been doing an excellent job to help curate the content.

Nathan from Lafayette Consolidated Government

Learning Made Easy

Pluralsight helped onboard me to a new job with a new company in record time. I feel confident about my skills, and have already taken on projects using the learned skills.

Pros

Pluralsight has made my transition into this position seamless. Their learning paths provide straightforward, well, paths for the concepts necessary to each concept. With course code examples provided, interactive discussions with the course instructors, and fully interactive courses, it provides a learning environment for everyone.

Cons

Some of the courses are getting a little long in the tooth, but they've been replacing many very recently.

Graham from Ensign Services

Great Tool for Training

Pros

Ease of navigation and the quality of the courses if great. It is a valuable tool for helping to train staff or letting them grow their knowledge in technical areas of interest.

Cons

More Google management courses or healthcare IT related courses would be appreciated.

Frans from Frans van der Geer Consultancy

Bring the training at your home. It is very affordable

For the price of an half day of class room training, you get access to a whole breadth of IT related trainings. Some of them are really great.

Pros

Many subjects available. Can watch video's whenever I like

Cons

Lots of high level overview trainings (e.g. on Azure Data Platform). I find it hard to find more focused, concrete trainings

I bought both

Sheila from Metro Nashville Public Schools

Excellent quality courses!

The courses offered allow the user to stay on top of trends in their industry. This subscription is well worth the cost to my company. It is so much easier to take one of your classes than to attend an onsite training program.

Pros

These courses are a cut above the competitors (e.g. Lynda.com, etc.). The variety and depth of courses offered make it easy to determine which courses are right for your career path and interests. Well done!

Cons

Not every course comes with a downloadable outline. Would make it easier on the student.

Reasons for Switching to Pluralsight Skills

These classes were geared to more general topics and were at a "remedial" level. Not what I needed or wanted.

Dave from Warrior Invictus

Pluralsight keeps your current

I use it to get information and learn topics on my time if and when I want to learn them. It is very flexible and remembers where you left off so you can pick up again. So that is very convenient when you dont have a lot of time to sit and learn a topic. You can continuously learn at your own pace.

Pros

The wide variety of course and the detailed information contained within each course

Cons

I dont have anything that I like least about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Pluralsight Skills

It was recommended from someone that has used it before. We piloted a few people and then went department wide on it. We now have another department considering using it.

Karla from MetLife

Great source to learn several skills

Pros

I love that we can search for different topics, whether is soft skills or technical skills. There are basic trainings to understand the new technologies and concepts.

Cons

It lacks some specialized technical skills that my team could benefit from .

Andrew from Tenable Network Security

Stay informed and relevant

Pros

Pluralsight offers an easy to use platform that enables you to learn new things, level up your skills, and stay up to date on the latest technologies and products used by businesses today. Lecture downloads are also a great way to take lessons with you on the go.

Cons

I would love to see more quizzes and knowledge checks for all courses.

Firnas from Avanade

Best e-learning portal

Pros

Exam and knowledge measuring process Great quality content Navigation and UX

Cons

Exam retake period More interactive videos

Louis from PNMR

Industry: Utilities

I recommend pluralsight as resource for training, reference and refresh.

Pros

Convenient, easy to use and diverse relevant topics available. Can create and recommend course tracks to colleagues.

Cons

Sometimes the progress tracking goes wonky but not often and I have a suspicion its due to some condition that sometimes affects relation between the tablet mobile application and web access.

Koshy from Veeva

Good for learning new software skills

Pros

Relevant content that is always updated with the latest info.

Cons

Subscription price is too expensive considering other free alternatives like udemy

James from Mayo Clinic

Reach Proficiency Speedily with Pluralsight

Pluralsight has been great. I tend to watch at least a couple videos a week. Sometimes I have to brush up on old skills, learn new skills for my job, or look ahead at skills I may one day put to use.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get to the topics I need to learn. Most of the time at my job, I have projects and deadlines that I am actively working towards, so being able to learn what I need when I need is a must.

Cons

While it's easy to get at great educational videos, it could be nice in some cases to have additional functionality. For example, when learning a new frontend framework or technique, it could be advantageous to be able to edit code examples from within the site. That may be well beyond the scope of Pluralsight, and perhaps wouldn't make sense due to the breadth of content, but is something that could certainly be beneficial.

Joshua from YRCW

Pluralsight is very beneficial

Pros

I like the availability of any and all subjects I may need or be interested in.

Cons

I have no complaints in regards to Pluralsight

Maurice from ADT

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great tool to remain up to date

My self training is gaining in speed and accurancy. Only issue is that i could loose myself training to learn everything. Struggling to remain focused on my field.

Pros

We can planify the skills required for our next trought the IQ role tools

Cons

Have to pay for it. But it worth it! Took me a year to sepnd the money but i m happy about my decision

Reasons for Switching to Pluralsight Skills

I was formerly with Digital Tutors and i switched naturally to Pluralsight when they bought the company

Luis from State of Florida / DFS

Pluralsight

Pros

Great software. It has made my job a lot easier.

Cons

There is nothing at the moment that I can think of.

Tomas from Nasdaq

Five stars

Pros

Easy to use on different devices and great content

Cons

Nothing really wrong. Maybe one thing that i did not like - i had some courses downloaded for offline listening. However i was not able to launch the app while i was on the plane and there was no network...

Daniel from Laureate Education Inc

A great team PDP tool for IT Business

Pluralsight has given my team the necessary tools to give their PDP the boost it needed to keep track of progression and development of their technical skills

Pros

Excellent Team Tracking features IQ tests help give a sense of teams current capabilities and give progression to their learning paths New Role IQ helps specifically to give a complete path to the specialization of team members Courses are well developed and created

Cons

Some courses are very old and teaching stuff that is no longer best practices or standards Courses are only technical maybe some soft skill courses like communication and leadership would give the platform the perfect experience. For technical courses design is also not very developed making the platform only for software developers

Christopher from Acuity Insurance

Pluralsight helps keep your skills up to date

I love this product. It saves your career by allowing you to learn new skills, new trends, anywhere at any time.

Pros

The portability. You can watch using a phone, roku, tablet, computers, etc. You can also download content for use when you know you will be without an internet connection later.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. I love the product.

Reasons for Choosing Pluralsight Skills

The content, support, and feature rich software available on multiple platforms.

Patrick from Allegion

Great Structured Learning

Pros

Pluralsight has courses in just about any tech-related field you could be interested in. You can measure your skill levels against peers in certain areas and get feedback on where knowledge gaps are with corresponding course or module recommendations.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons at the current moment.

Hala from It Land

awesome online courses

it's a great experience, and I love the RoleIQ tests

Pros

Very efficient and helpful courses, grouped in paths which lead you to professionality

Cons

the cost of the subscription a little bit expensive, I would be happy if you make projects and interactive courses available as free trails to normal subscriptions

Relevant and up to date content

Pros

The Pluralsight platform received a regular stream of new content. Great content creators across a broad spectrum of technology and business mess related topics. Hands down one of my favorite learning platforms.

Cons

I really don't have any cons related to the platform.

Sagar from Clearlink LLC

Good Content

I have been using it to learn Scikit-learn for machine learning and I used few tips and tricks in my projects.

Pros

The tutors are really good and you can choose between Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced courses.

Cons

It lacks functionalities like bookmarks in the middle of the video as Udemy has.

Pluralsight Review

Software Development.

Pros

I like the fact that I get to learn many software skills through pluralsight.

Cons

As much as I am likely to recommend pluralsight, there are some very boring courses on it.

Reasons for Switching to Pluralsight Skills

Pluralsight is paid for by my organization.

Sourangshu from Dell EMC

Pluralsight courses

I have learned Linux courses from Pluralsight. With no experience and no working successfully.

Pros

Courses and tests skill IQs interactive courses.

Cons

I am able to see less courses on Ansible ,Kubernetes.

Reasons for Switching to Pluralsight Skills

To get better courses and better content.

Tons of high quality courses on all kinds of subjects.

I was hooked in with the free weekend of Pluralsight. I completed a course over the weekend and got a lot out of it. When they offered a massive discount for their Black Friday sale I couldn't pass it up. I'm currently taking my 3rd course.

Pros

The ability to track my progress and download the courses onto my iPad when I'm on the road is a great feature. The coder evaluations are a nice touch.

Cons

Some of the courses available seem to be a bit outdated. There's plenty of great content, but you really have to do some due diligence to make sure you're learning the latest technology especially with the web development courses.

Kenneth from TDIndustries Inc

Feedback

I really enjoy the interface and the continuous updates to the training.

Pros

Very user friendly and can find some much information that is applicable in the IT world.

Cons

Costs. It is really good but not cost effective.

Emil from Willis Towers Watson

One of the best

Pros

The content quality is astonishing. I have visited other similar sites in the past but they can't compare with the amount of courses and quality of effort put into each one.

Cons

The player controls can be a improved a little bit.

Adam from State of Wyoming

Government Use

The tool has been very well received within our organization and provided us an opportunity to build our strengths.

Pros

The material is very focused and user friendly.

Cons

There is an opportunity to build additional paths/content.

Good tool for learning

Pros

It's easy to use and there are a lot of different paths that can be followed. Most of the videos are very informative and there are paths that can be followed to help improve your skills. My favorite thing about the software is that it offers both hard and soft skill courses, so I can develop both my technical and nontechnical skills

Cons

I wish there was more of the interactive lessons. Especially related to coding, personally I don't think watching videos is as effective as working through problems alongside the video.

Sebastien from University of Rochester

Industry: Research

Great learning and sel improvement tool for programmers

Great experience, courses are very thorough and comprehensive and easy to follow.

Pros

Great selection of topics, better structure for learning languages and computer science oriented tools than linkedin learning for example

Cons

I can't think of anything yet that I did not like with Pluralsight, maybe the search feature could be a little more user friendly?

Reasons for Switching to Pluralsight Skills

Did not fully switch, use it as a complement because some courses like Web Server, Database administration and some languages are more in depth and complete