All Sibme Reviews

Great Platform for Schools

Kimberly

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Excellent Support

Sibme is a wonderful platform for our Educational Service District to use with coaching elementary teachers around early literacy practices. The support Sibme offers is fantastic. The response time is great and the willingness to explain and problem-solve is extremely helpful.

PROS

The Sibme software makes virtual coaching organized and efficient. I love the ability to review the video clips the teachers send with their time-stamped reflective comments. I can then add my own responses and time-stamped comments. This is a great way to collaborate asynchronously.

CONS

Because Sibme can do so many things, it can be a little challenging to use at first. The more you use it, however, the easier it becomes.

Reason for choosing Sibme

We chose Edthena over the other products because the price was reasonable, the demonstration showed us how we could use it in our situation, and the customer service was outstanding. Sibme also gave us an extended opportunity to pilot the program free of charge.

Bonnie

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Great for Observations and Providing Feedback

PROS

I love that I can record an instructor and then use the recording as a tool to debrief the observation. The instructor can add comments and then I can go in, review the comments, and then add my own. I can also add a rubric and mark specific places in the recording that align with the scores. It is especially nice if you cannot be face to face or you have limited face to face time. I also love that I can set up groups where instructors can chat with each other and collaborate, post documents and links, as well as individual discussion questions. It really helps me organize and stay on track with observations and instructor conferences.

CONS

Some of the functionality is a little clunky and requires a lot of clicks especially if I am setting up observation resources for multiple instructors. However, they are open to feedback and have always been very helpful when we have gone to them with a request. Their customer support is excellent and I never hesitate to reach out.

Abbie

Used less than 2 years

Reality Check

Overall I am please but I need it to function in another capacity so that it becomes more streamlined for teacher use. I would like it to be easier to access and to place videos in the library and share with others.

PROS

Provides a safe environment for teachers and plcs to get a reality check of what their students are doing and how their instructional delivery is impacting student learning.

CONS

It is hard to get videos that capture the room. I have bought Swivl’s but the integration is not the best. I also think it can be confusing on the set-up

Reason for choosing Sibme

The ability to leave feedback and house collections

Parisa

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Bridging the Gap for Video Observations

PROS

When I can only observe my teachers via video recording, Sibme solves two common logistical problems: 1) not enough storage space or bandwidth to store or upload large video files, and 2) having notes about an observation but losing the spot in a video they’re connected to. When I or a teacher record with Sibme, it uploads to their cloud without using storage or taking a long time to upload or process like on Google Drive. When I comment on the video while observing, it ties my comment to the time stamp on the video. This allows teachers to immediately get my feedback and see for themselves what I’m referring to.

CONS

Using Sibme when most of my teachers are teaching on Zoom has been difficult, but when my teachers go back in person and I can’t be in the classroom with them for safety reasons, it’s a life saver. Navigating the huddles and library can be confusing at first, but once you understand how the folders are organized it’s not an issue.

Lana

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Best platform for virtual instructional coaching

Amazing. They have offered free trials. Stayed connected and been patient and kind as we worked together to form this partnership. I would recommend this company and product to anyone who asks.

PROS

We chose this amazing product because of its ease of use. We loved how it enables collaboration not only one on one but also collaborative teams. The ability to curate our own library of exemplars to share was also a very big plus. The SIBME on boarding was one of the best online trainings I have taken to this date. The teams sequence of teaching allowed us to quickly feel adept at navigating the platform. Customer service is second to none. Very responsive, knowledgeable and kind. We are excited to try the new scheduling integrations. SIBME is in touch with current practice and stays ahead of the innovation curve to provide useful products and services.

CONS

I have not experienced anything to dislike about the product or services that I have received this far.

Reasons for switching to Sibme

We love that sibme is software focused. Sibme has all the in app features that we desired.

Cazilda

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Used more than 2 years

Value Added Coaching

We have been using SIBME for the last 4 years. It is a pleasure working with the SIBME TEAM. They are responsive and take care of issues immediately. Coaches that have found value in video coaching really like using SIBME.

PROS

The software was our answer to saving and learning from video. It gave us a platform to give feedback on line and within the video. We also liked the huddle feature where several folks can join in the conversation to review and give feedback.

CONS

We quickly learned that it was not going to work if we were not all using the same video equipment. Once we knew that, we quickly bought a backpack and all technology for our coaches so they would have the ease of using SIBME.

Reason for choosing Sibme

One of the main reasons we use SIBME is because of their CUSTOMER SERVICE! They are our local partners and we enjoy learning from them and they learn from us too. It is great having partners like SIBME to problem solve to make our video coaching even better.

Megan

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Sibme

PROS

Sibme allows me to provide a space to collaborate with teachers through discussions, shared resources, and video reflection.

CONS

There are many features that can be utilized through Sibme that make coaching effective and collaborative. Sometimes the links to Google documents when uploaded don't allow you to use it as a live document.

Sue

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent tool for Enhancing the Coaching Relationship

The Sibme team has been an incredible partner in the work. They are always responsive and solve problems and deliver support in rapid fashion. The toolset has much to offer and we believe it will truly enhance our coaching partnerships.

PROS

Sibme is a well-conceived asynchronous coaching tool that enhances the coaching relationship with leaders and teachers. It extends the reach of the coaching relationship and creates opportunities for personalizing the professional learning experience through video-enhanced professional learning. Most notably, the mobile app is fully functional and incorporates all the web-based features. This was a real differentiator. The Sibme team is always innovating.

CONS

It warrants a culture shift in the way we coach. This requires a learning journey that both our coaching team and the leaders and teachers we coach have to be willing to take. We think there's real value in making the leap to blended coaching, but it does place an added burden on all stakeholders.

Reason for choosing Sibme

Ease of use, toolset focused on our needs, fully functional mobile apps.

Pia

Education Management, 11-50 employees

We love Sibme

PROS

It allows us to record classes and comment on the actions of teachers and students. This app facilitates giving feedback to teacher. It is very reliable. The team keeps adding new features like screen recording and goals for users. This app has helped us enhance teacher professional development by allowing us to effectively record lessons and feedback sessions. Also, customer service is really good and fast when we need help setting something up.

CONS

The Sibme team was available for translating the app to Spanish. This was a very good thing, but my least favorite thing is that this has produced some bugs and glitches . Nevertheless, the team has acted quickly to solve each problem.

Reason for choosing Sibme

Because they had every feature we needed and they were available to translate everything to Spanish. Also, they were cheaper than the other alternatives.

Reviewed December 2020

A complication in my life

I have been using it to work in teams but almost all my team agrees that is a hard platform to use, your UX and UI are not well developed.

PROS

Many people can upload their work on the same website and they can group everything.

CONS

The website and the app are hard to use, I'm a software developer and even for me is hard to use it, there are no clear buttons, everything is in text. If you press enter in a discussion you can not add another paragraph because it will immediately post it. All the people are always wondering where are the documents and files, how to upload them, and where. It is a confusing platform.

Pam

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Sibme is a life saver!

Without Sibme it would be difficult to continue the training process with our instructors during this most difficult year of no travel, so the ability to use a online site with uploaded videos and training materials has been of great value to us.

PROS

We use Sibme for reviewing and training our cadre of instructors. The dialogue that happens around a single video is very helpful to both coaches and coachees. We allow the instructor to self assess first and then the coach jumps in to add comments which is followed by a phone conversation. Our instructors appreciate the time spent and the ease of the program to improve their practices.

CONS

Most of my cons have already been addressed this year with the screen capturing and the streaming features. The one thing that we find challenging is the inability to make changes to several huddles at once. Since we use Sibme as a training program and not only for evaluation or coaching, we set up huddles for lots of instructors at one time but when making changes need to make the changes one huddle at a time.

Kim

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Video mentoring

Excellent

PROS

Being able to connect the TCEs and my comments at the actual time during the classroom video visit, allows my interns and student teachers to comprehend exactly what was seen. This allows valuable discussions and a great resource for beginning teachers.

CONS

My students have had difficulty with uploading videos onto the Sibme platform.

Reason for choosing Sibme

This was not my decision.

Alexis

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Amazing and Helpful Program!

My overall experience was great. It was positive and I would do it again.

PROS

First, Sibme was instrumental in keeping me on track to complete my micro-credentials. Having a set meeting time each week allowed me to be accountable and finish the work. Also, the mentor I worked with was very good. She was knowledgeable and helpful and someone who I would now consider a friend. The templates broke down each part of the MCs so they were easy to do.

CONS

The only thing I didn't like was the schedule locking. After you choose a day/time, you're locked into that. However, my mentor was very flexible and would allow me to change the day/time if I needed.

Kathleen

Education Management, 2-10 employees

great !

Great

PROS

I love the customer service. Everyone is available. I love the way the communication allows me to get th e information right to the teacher.

CONS

The features are super user friendly. I wished it had more options with suggestions. I would like to see more drop down tabs.

Sean

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Platform for Schools

We started using Sibme last year and it helped accelerate teacher and school leader growth.

PROS

The platform is user-friendly and has nice aesthetics. Easy to record, store, and locate videos.

CONS

Missing some key features like fluidity to replay video like athletic coaches do and narrate on screen.

Maryjane

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Great Platform

Don’t send me the gift card.

PROS

It is very convenient as I can coach teachers living in a different US state. It is easy to use and reliable.

CONS

Please stop updating and screwing around with trying to make it easier. The updates slow me down since I am older and more technologically challenged. I don’t use all your new gadgets. I also would really LOVE if you could make the font color MORE black. I have suggested this before and it is still a light grey color.

Delilah

Simbe review from Texas Southern University

Excellent! The students love the video for self-reflection.

PROS

We have been very pleased with the product . Additionally, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] rock! They are extremely helpful when working with our students and University Supervisors. We will continue to use SIMBE after five years of using the product.

CONS

None that I am aware of after using the product for five years.

Reason for choosing Sibme

We love the costumer service and the ease of the product.

Cindy