• Pros

• "It was for the most part easy to use. I was able to access all that I needed and the add comment feature was helpful. "

• "It is very convenient as I can coach teachers living in a different US state. It is easy to use and reliable."

• "The feature that I like the most was the easy access from different devices. I could use my phone, ipad or computer to record and have them available. "

• Cons

• "Because Sibme can do so many things, it can be a little challenging to use at first. The more you use it, however, the easier it becomes."

• "There really are very few cons to the platform. The only thing we encountered was a glitch in the Google integration with logging into the Sibme account."

• "Some users have reported it takes longer to upload on certain devices, but this can be dependent on internet speed. Uploading videos in shorter chunks helps alleviate this issue. "

Browse Sibme Reviews

Works well with struggling teachers

Pros

This software works well when trying to develop struggling teachers. It allows you to give them feedback from actual lessons with the chance for them to see themselves. True growth can occur when used correctly.

Cons

Its a little hard to configure in the beginning but smooth after you play with it for a while...

Allisn from Hamilton County Educational Service Center

Comprehensive and private

Great! As an instructional coach, private conversations that are non-evaluative need lead to growth. Teachers can be more vulnerable when looking at evidence when they know it is between us and that the evidence is there when they are in the coaching cycle.

Pros

The tool allows for private goal setting, communication, and evidence collection.

Cons

As a stand-alone and private tool, in education, it can feel like “one more thing.” I have to emphasize the fact that privacy features also mean it is self-contained.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

I can’t be sure, I just know that this was a contender for the team.

Kyler from Achievement Network

Strong Mission and Responsive Staff, but Glitchy Product

It's a promising platform that has helped us unlock sharing potential in our organization. However, it feels on shaky technological ground for the ways our team uses it. As the administration liaison, I spend too much time putting out small fires and trying to understand what is a Sibme issue versus something a team member is doing wrong.

Pros

The core features are usually solid and intuitive to new users - adding team members, uploading and commenting on videos. As an education leadership coaching organization with over 50 coaches, we have used Sibme to help our coaches re-watch and improve upon their own practices by letting development conversations be grounded in real examples of their work. Plus, other non-coaching staff now have an easy window into coaching without pestering coaches! In our COVID virtual coaching environment, grounding org learning in video sharing was invaluable. It saves everyone time and the collaboration features to enhance this org learning (commenting, sharing, tagging pre-set categories) are easy to use.

Cons

Though the core service is solid, I encounter tech glitches and question marks at a frustratingly high rate. It's small things - user permission mismatch across pages, confusing naming conventions (the account wide "Admin-User-Viewer" and Huddle-level "Admin-Member-Viewer" have very similar names but different meanings, which is confusing), audio issues for uploads, and several areas of confusion or disconnect in the new Zoom-Sibme "Conference" integration. This latter piece would have been excellent to use in the COVID virtual coaching environment, but was troublesome enough that our team never meaningfully used the integration. More robust and coherent help guides on the Zoom-Sibme integration (with video!) would be a good start. Our customer service manager is very responsive and solutions-oriented and I'm grateful for her! But technical solutions seem slow and often incomplete.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

I have never used another similar product and was not at my current employer when they chose to enter the Sibme contract. So I cannot speak to this.

Viveca from Texas Southern University

Great Tool!

The added value from Sibme to our Educator Preparation of our Teacher Candidates.

Pros

Sibme has been extremely helpful in preparing our Teacher Candidates for the classroom. It was very easy to implement and give constructive feedback to our Teacher Candidates. It was so valuable during COVID which no one could have imagined. We were so excited that we had Sibme in place prior to COVID. The support from Sibme is excellent, professional, the leader and staff are always willing to support with any questions we may have.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say as it relates to Sibme.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

The platform that Sibme had to offer was exceptional and was beneficial to our program.

Patrick from North Carolina New Teacher Support Program

Ease of implementation - multiple industry uses

We have been thoroughly pleased with the product and would recommend to others in higher ed or responsible for supporting early career teachers.

Pros

Very intuitive user interface, security/mobility of content, multiple uses to support interaction between small groups of educators or to support large conference-style events, efficiencies built into product and customizable by responsive development team.

Cons

Communication from within the system to end users can be excessive - ability to opt out of messages is a feature but less prominent in the user interface. Some analytics of interest are not yet available, but responsiveness of development team speaks to SIBME's ability to be adaptive.

Less evaluative feel, focus on K-12 space, adaptable

Rebecca from California University of PA

Cal U Review

I love Sibme. It has made my work more seamless, provided more options for coaching teacher candidates, and allowed me to continue to do my job efficiently when I wouldn't be able to otherwise (e.g., video-coach during the pandemic when schools weren't allowing visitors). It has allowed me and my colleagues to develop new assignments in my courses, particularly peer-observation. It has also made a once excruciating assignment (video-recording yourself teaching) an acceptable and desirable task. Moreover, the customer service is wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been so helpful, and I appreciate that they keep me on my toes with check-ins. I also appreciate all of the Learning Center material.

Pros

Sibme as alot of great features that are useful for my work with teachers candidates. It's particularly impactful in supporting teacher candidate growth through the video-recording and time-stamped feedback. It's also useful for the supervisor to document strengths and needs for the candidates. I particularly like that I can attached my feedback to our clinical practice tool that I entered into the platform. Also, I like the different options it provides for observations (live, scripted notes, video-recording). Moreover, Sibme is always coming out with features that are helpful to my work. For example, I'm excited to learn more about the Goals feature. We require our candidates to develop a professional growth plan based on goals that they have been working on, and the Goals feature is a tool that I believe could support that task.

Cons

I'd like to be able to obtain more data analytics on teacher candidate performance based on my inputs. For example, being able to look at the data for cohorts of teachers rather than just individuals. Overall, I feel like I'm still learning about the software, so I may not be using the data analytics to its full extent.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

Sibme had the features that were needed at the time and was economical. Also, I learned about Sibme through the TRETC conference, so that helped me to learn about it first hand and how others are using it.

Maria from Azusa Pacific University

Accessible to all user abilities

I was first drawn to use the Sibme platform because of the accessibility and friendliness of our Sibme contacts. During the training sessions we became more convinced that this was the correct product for our student teachers’ observations. It proved to be even more worthwhile than we could have imagined. We were able to incorporate our own observation rubrics and customize the platform to work best for our programs. The student teachers find it very easy to use and even our veteran mentors quickly caught on to how the platform operates. The Sibme platform provided our university and entrée into remote observations even prior to the current pandemic.

Pros

We have a variety of users from very technology challenged to technology is second nature. With a combination of strong training from Sibme and a good product and customer service all of our users were able to quickly access the platform to support student teachers.

Cons

Since this product was originally created for Lowe usage in elementary and secondary school systems, our much higher usage for university mentors and student teachers has had a few technology glitches - some user error. However, every problem was immediately taken care of and corrected by Sibme customer Service.

Cost. Training.

Megan from California University of PA

Sibme was a lifesaver

Excellent and customer service was outstanding for me

Pros

Time stamp feature and ability to upload other files

Cons

Students using Macbooks had difficulty uploading videos Suggestions would be: 1. to be able to have a picture in picture opening an attachment while watching a video 2. Better intro and details for student when they being using the program on how to upload videos and use it 3. an email sent to me when a student sent me an email so I know

only program used

Tracy from SUNY Brockport

SIBME to the Rescue

This software allowed our student teachers to view themselves and offered opportunities for collaboration and reflection.

Pros

When supervisors were restricted from visiting schools due to COVID concerns we needed software that we could use for remote supervision. We had very little time for training and to shift from face to face supervision to remote. SIBME's 101 training was easy to use, the customer service support is amazing, and overall the product does exactly what we needed.

Cons

I wish we had started using this sooner.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

SIBME's customer service was much more responsive.

Cool product, but difficult to use

Pros

You can have multiple places to share -one with your manager -one with your team -one with your network etc It's convenient to have a shared platform across the board.

Cons

It's not very intuitive. You have to upload more than once. For many folks, it was difficult to use, so I was often explaining it. This con greatly outweighed the Pros for me because our staff couldn't use it effectively. If it was more user-friendly, I would love it!

Deonna from KIPP Texas

Sibme- A coaches' godsend

Teacher Observation Time and Location Concerns Sharing observation with peers

Pros

I really like that sibme allowed to be in 2 places at once. With multiple teachers to observe, some times I would want to be in one classroom at a specific time that was already allocated to observe another teacher. I could record the additional classroom, watch it later and even write in my feedback at specific moments in the video. It helped me to prepare for my coaching sessions, then I could share it with the teacher, have them view the video before we met, and really be able to get to the practice portion of our coaching session. Sibme was really cool. I could also video my coaching session and share it with my manager, so that I could get feedback on my feedback. In Education, we get pulled in many different directions. Sibme allowed me to anchor my feedback on observable data and push my teachers to a hire level.

Cons

I remember that some other coaches had difficulty transfering video due to space issues on their devices and naming the videos was could be awkward. Especially after a day or 2, when you would go back, it sometimes took a few minutes to find your videos.

Anique from MVUSD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Clinical Practice Usage

I think this platform is excellent for clinical practice student teaching and an inductiom program.

Pros

SIBME is very easy to use and the application is user friendly. I love the ease of uploading my videos whether it's recordings from my phone, ipad/tablet or laptop, and share and/or transfer files. I do not use up any data on my personal devices for uploading videos to the SIBME app. This is a big plus for me because I can record a video that's longer than 45 mins AND the quality of my video is not compromised. SIBME offers a variety of ways to store your work in case you run out of data space you're allotted but the data space is already very large to begin with so this is the least of your worries. SIBME is an efficient means for working on a collaborative assignment and users can provide and receive instant feedback. Excellent!! My professor can provide specific feedback at time markers on the video so I don't have to spend time scrolling through my video to find exactly what he/she was referencing. I also love the privacy feature where I can belong to a cohort, but only my coach can see the work I've shared with her and provide feedback only to me.

Cons

Initially, it was a little difficult navigating the system as this learning platform was new to me. However, my university provided step by step protocols of how I should document and share files that is unique to their expectations and I was able to move forward from there.

Janet from Portland State University Regional Research Institute

Excellent choice for our needs

Pros

Sibme is easy to use and works very well for our needs. We have a constant flow of new users into our trainings, so need a platform that is intuitive such that people can get going quickly. Our work is not typical among Sibme users, so we have uncovered some bugs. Technical support from Sibme has been very good at addressing these.

Cons

Data exporting functionality is not that great. Additionally, there should be a 10 second backup/10 second forward option on the scrub bar. The backup feature works too slowly.There should be some way to zoom in on the scrub bar or some other way to address the problem of overcrowding when there are a lot of comments on a video.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

Sibme's features more closely resembled our wish list. Also reasonable cost and the folks there worked with us to get a price plan that was fair given our somewhat ideosyncratic needs.

Reasons for Switching to Sibme

Our platform was becoming outdated and insecure, and we didn't want to /couldn't afford to update and upgrade it

Kimberly from COP ESD

Excellent Support

Sibme is a wonderful platform for our Educational Service District to use with coaching elementary teachers around early literacy practices. The support Sibme offers is fantastic. The response time is great and the willingness to explain and problem-solve is extremely helpful.

Pros

The Sibme software makes virtual coaching organized and efficient. I love the ability to review the video clips the teachers send with their time-stamped reflective comments. I can then add my own responses and time-stamped comments. This is a great way to collaborate asynchronously.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

We chose Edthena over the other products because the price was reasonable, the demonstration showed us how we could use it in our situation, and the customer service was outstanding. Sibme also gave us an extended opportunity to pilot the program free of charge.

Bonnie from ExploreLearning

Great for Observations and Providing Feedback

Pros

I love that I can record an instructor and then use the recording as a tool to debrief the observation. The instructor can add comments and then I can go in, review the comments, and then add my own. I can also add a rubric and mark specific places in the recording that align with the scores. It is especially nice if you cannot be face to face or you have limited face to face time. I also love that I can set up groups where instructors can chat with each other and collaborate, post documents and links, as well as individual discussion questions. It really helps me organize and stay on track with observations and instructor conferences.

Cons

Some of the functionality is a little clunky and requires a lot of clicks especially if I am setting up observation resources for multiple instructors. However, they are open to feedback and have always been very helpful when we have gone to them with a request. Their customer support is excellent and I never hesitate to reach out.

Parisa from Teach for America

Bridging the Gap for Video Observations

Pros

When I can only observe my teachers via video recording, Sibme solves two common logistical problems: 1) not enough storage space or bandwidth to store or upload large video files, and 2) having notes about an observation but losing the spot in a video they’re connected to. When I or a teacher record with Sibme, it uploads to their cloud without using storage or taking a long time to upload or process like on Google Drive. When I comment on the video while observing, it ties my comment to the time stamp on the video. This allows teachers to immediately get my feedback and see for themselves what I’m referring to.

Cons

Using Sibme when most of my teachers are teaching on Zoom has been difficult, but when my teachers go back in person and I can’t be in the classroom with them for safety reasons, it’s a life saver. Navigating the huddles and library can be confusing at first, but once you understand how the folders are organized it’s not an issue.

Lana from ESC Region 13

Best platform for virtual instructional coaching

Amazing. They have offered free trials. Stayed connected and been patient and kind as we worked together to form this partnership. I would recommend this company and product to anyone who asks.

Pros

We chose this amazing product because of its ease of use. We loved how it enables collaboration not only one on one but also collaborative teams. The ability to curate our own library of exemplars to share was also a very big plus. The SIBME on boarding was one of the best online trainings I have taken to this date. The teams sequence of teaching allowed us to quickly feel adept at navigating the platform. Customer service is second to none. Very responsive, knowledgeable and kind. We are excited to try the new scheduling integrations. SIBME is in touch with current practice and stays ahead of the innovation curve to provide useful products and services.

Cons

I have not experienced anything to dislike about the product or services that I have received this far.

Reasons for Switching to Sibme

We love that sibme is software focused. Sibme has all the in app features that we desired.

Cazilda from Katy ISD

Value Added Coaching

We have been using SIBME for the last 4 years. It is a pleasure working with the SIBME TEAM. They are responsive and take care of issues immediately. Coaches that have found value in video coaching really like using SIBME.

Pros

The software was our answer to saving and learning from video. It gave us a platform to give feedback on line and within the video. We also liked the huddle feature where several folks can join in the conversation to review and give feedback.

Cons

We quickly learned that it was not going to work if we were not all using the same video equipment. Once we knew that, we quickly bought a backpack and all technology for our coaches so they would have the ease of using SIBME.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

One of the main reasons we use SIBME is because of their CUSTOMER SERVICE! They are our local partners and we enjoy learning from them and they learn from us too. It is great having partners like SIBME to problem solve to make our video coaching even better.

Sue from Catapult Learning

Excellent tool for Enhancing the Coaching Relationship

The Sibme team has been an incredible partner in the work. They are always responsive and solve problems and deliver support in rapid fashion. The toolset has much to offer and we believe it will truly enhance our coaching partnerships.

Pros

Sibme is a well-conceived asynchronous coaching tool that enhances the coaching relationship with leaders and teachers. It extends the reach of the coaching relationship and creates opportunities for personalizing the professional learning experience through video-enhanced professional learning. Most notably, the mobile app is fully functional and incorporates all the web-based features. This was a real differentiator. The Sibme team is always innovating.

Cons

It warrants a culture shift in the way we coach. This requires a learning journey that both our coaching team and the leaders and teachers we coach have to be willing to take. We think there's real value in making the leap to blended coaching, but it does place an added burden on all stakeholders.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

Ease of use, toolset focused on our needs, fully functional mobile apps.

Pia from Fundacion Impulso Docente

We love Sibme

Pros

It allows us to record classes and comment on the actions of teachers and students. This app facilitates giving feedback to teacher. It is very reliable. The team keeps adding new features like screen recording and goals for users. This app has helped us enhance teacher professional development by allowing us to effectively record lessons and feedback sessions. Also, customer service is really good and fast when we need help setting something up.

Cons

The Sibme team was available for translating the app to Spanish. This was a very good thing, but my least favorite thing is that this has produced some bugs and glitches . Nevertheless, the team has acted quickly to solve each problem.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

Because they had every feature we needed and they were available to translate everything to Spanish. Also, they were cheaper than the other alternatives.

Erika from Azusa Pacific University

Track Your Teaching

Overall the experience has been fantastic!

Pros

We currently use Sibme to track the development and progress of Teacher Candidates in our Teacher Education Program. I believe it is extremely useful for Teacher Candidates to be able to reflect and see their teaching in action to foster more growth and development.

Cons

There is no notification system for Admins to be notified when a new Teacher Candidate has registered with the School Code.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

Sibme presented as much more user friendly. This was especially important as our University Mentors who would be the ones reviewing the Candidate video submissions are varying in age and experience wit technology.

MAUREEN from Sugar Land Music School

Industry: Music

Efficiency

Sibme has been a wonderful much needed software. The support team was especially helpful in the set up. The team was extremely patient in the set up stages. It’s been a fantastic experience.

Pros

I needed a software they allowed for quick, simple scheduling. It’s neat to look at, uncomplicated enough for children to sign in and use. Also great for adults who are not computer savvy.

Cons

I love the software. No negatives so far.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

I was especially concerned about the constant exchange of passwords between my clients and instructors and also having my instructors managing my clients without supervision. Sibme offers a platform where I remain in control of scheduling, and can oversee the lessons in real time. Sheet music is uploaded quickly. This is absolutely priceless to a music school such as mine.

Diane from Point Loma

Great Customer Service!

My experience has been great especially in the era of long distance learning. The opportunity to be able to view classrooms via video and chat with my students has been an amazing tool.

Pros

The help desk is fantastic and usually responds within minutes of asking a question. Some of the uploads and various huddles may be confusing for both students and administrators. I appreciate the immediate response from Customer Service to offer advice, articles and a solution to any difficulties we have encountered.

Cons

My students struggle a bit with uploading to a huddle and then being able to upload again to the same huddle. Perhaps some more information or an easier format would help.

Nicole from United Way

Useful Coaching Software for Virtual Communication & Data

I believe once everything is set up, it will be all encompasses of the different things we are using already.

Pros

Features that were most impactful was the ability to have data securely uploaded from multiple people that later can exported for research. There are places for quantitative and qualitative information. Scheduling with our partners is a great integration that links to our current calendar, as well as, the ability to use Zoom within the software. It supports our current system of providing professional development with huddles, places to collaborated and action items to support skills to work on.

Cons

For me, it is not as user friendly as I would like because of the multiple steps needed to create the framework and templates. I've watched several tutorials to complete a function. With some items being the same it is hard to make distinction between them with a picture instead of their name or email address. Viewing all the activity upon opening looks busy and can be overwhelming. Things could be more simple. Sometimes too many bells and whistles makes things more complicated.

Michelle from United Way For Greater Austin

Must Have!

Overall, I am pleased with the product. If support is needed then the Sibme team is there.

Pros

I love that the software has all of the "bells and whistles" that support my role as a coach to pre-k educators. The program is reasonably priced and the customer service team is dynamic! I look forward to becoming more familiar with the software and onboarding my teaching teams.

Cons

The system is a bit complex and it would be great if there were information icons above some of the features to guide or provide information about the feature. The zoom integration feature has been a challenge to adjust to and is a bit complicated to use. The software may be a bit challenging for those who are not as tech savvy so time will need to be taken during setup and onboarding of teachers and teams. More tutorial videos on YouTube with concrete exampled of how to set up the system would be helpful.

Reasons for Switching to Sibme

Sibme has more features that are useful to my work needs. Now all we need is for Sibme to market the equipment like Swvil has. To offer all of that in a package would be fantastic!

Lisa from KIPP Texas Public Schools

Great tool for educator teaching development

I have nothing but great thing to say about Sibme. Customer support has always been very strong and the product is fantastic.

Pros

I love using Sibme software as a tool in classroom observations. It is easy to access and use and allows me to capture the observation for teacher development & collaboration. Whether I am walking a classroom in person or capturing the classroom virtually, Sibme can be used to record observations. I love that there is no additional step needed following a recording session...Sibme instantly uploads the video to my account where i can share it with stakeholders.

Cons

Nothing! Depending on how you want to use Sibme, there may be some setup that takes time, but once you have the set up complete...it is quick and easy to use.

Pamela from Arkansas Academy for Educational Equity

Effective Software

Pros

As a program implementing instructional and equity coaching across the state and a number of districts, the implementation of Sibme into the process has been invaluable. It has allowed the instructional coaches to streamlines classroom observations, conversations, and feedback for all of the people who are part of the master's degree program at the University of Arkansas.

Cons

THere has been nothing about the software that I dislike. My team has been able to take care of all of our needs with the software's features.

Stephanie from CFiSD

I have been very happy with its ease of use!

Pros

This program is versatile with the ever-changing needs at our school.

Cons

Working to ease employee’s comfort level in being recorded. This is not a problem at all anymore.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

Ease of use and confidential nature.

Patricia from Afya Public Charter School

Great Coaching Product

When our administration meets, we spend some of our time discussion instruction and instructional practices. It's one thing to talk about what I have seen in classes as I visit, it's another to show video of the same. We are also using Sibme as a way to norm our work of observations.

Pros

Sibme is useful when I meet to debrief with teachers about their lessons. I can mark sections of the video that I want to discuss with the teachers and go right to them. Simbe has also become a great library of video artifacts that I can use for professional development.

Cons

Sometimes Sibme won't open on any browser. Not often, but it has happened enough that its a bit of a bother. Closing and reopening the browser usually resolves it, but, bothersome, still.

Pam from ExploreLearning

Sibme is a life saver!

Without Sibme it would be difficult to continue the training process with our instructors during this most difficult year of no travel, so the ability to use a online site with uploaded videos and training materials has been of great value to us.

Pros

We use Sibme for reviewing and training our cadre of instructors. The dialogue that happens around a single video is very helpful to both coaches and coachees. We allow the instructor to self assess first and then the coach jumps in to add comments which is followed by a phone conversation. Our instructors appreciate the time spent and the ease of the program to improve their practices.

Cons

Most of my cons have already been addressed this year with the screen capturing and the streaming features. The one thing that we find challenging is the inability to make changes to several huddles at once. Since we use Sibme as a training program and not only for evaluation or coaching, we set up huddles for lots of instructors at one time but when making changes need to make the changes one huddle at a time.

Jose from GUHSD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of Sibme

We are trying to evaluate different teaching strategies as teachers and a chance for us to receive coaching as 1st/2nd year teachers. Our mentor doesn't have to show up in person and can watch the videos and I think this is great because it lowers everyones affective filters.

Pros

I like being able to upload attachments into their selected categories. Also, having the google drive function has been a game changer as I can connect my work account and upload files that way and saves so much time!

Cons

I think it can be less wordy and make the links to new pages for noticeable. For example when clicking onto your huddle it just shows a tile of your name and who is in it but not a noticeable click on function.

Jim from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Timely Solution

Pros

The Sibme platform has allowed our university to quickly adapt to restrictions placed on teacher education programs due to the pandemic. Being able to observe virtually and provide effective feedback remotely has been essential in keeping our teacher education program at a high level. We expect to continue to use the platform once we are past the pandemic as it offers an effective way to coach field students and student teachers that the traditional supervision model does not allow.

Cons

The software has not been difficult to use. Not all schools permit video in the classroom setting and that has been the only roadblock.

Rachel from West Georgia RESA

Sibme is great for Teacher Prep Programs

Sibme is the least expensive, most efficient and productive video coaching tool on the market.

Pros

Sibme is a great coaching tool. I love the time-stamped coaching feedback feature because teacher candidates can see exactly when I make a comment and can go back and watch themselves at that moment. tehn, they can respond to my comment with their Ah-Ha!

Cons

It has been difficult for some of our teacher prep candidates to figure out how to videotape themselves. before COVID, we had someone go out and capture the videos and that was much easier.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

Price, ease of use, feedback feature

Allyson from HMH

Collaborative Space for Teacher Teams

I have been very pleased with our overall experience. Sibme is extremely responsive to our needs as an organization and we appreciate the just in time resources and support.

Pros

Sibme makes collaboration easy and puts everything needed as an instructional coach in one place. The platform (both on the desktop and app version) streamlines the reflective process needed to build the instructor - coach relationship.

Dr. Laura from San Diego State University

Sibme for Video and Data Collection

My overall experience with Sibme for the past years has been very positive. They are a company of integrity and a pleasure to work with.

Pros

We need a secure place for our teacher candidates to easily upload videos, lesson plans, and zoom links. Sibme has been the best option we have used. Not only do they provide a quality product, but their customer service and innovation teams are unmatched.

Cons

Some of candidates have difficulty uploading their video. Usually this is because they are not using the app to record.

Reasons for Switching to Sibme

The efficiency of video uploads.

Troy from Colorado River BOCES

Meaningful Collaboration

Sibme provides exceptional support that continues through the onboarding process and well beyond!

Pros

Simbe provides a simple to use interface / app combination that allows users not to get lost in the technology while focusing on their instructional practice. This tool allows us to use video based recording of teacher candidates in their classroom as an instructional coaching platform. There are several features which we have not yet implemented, such as tying observational feedback to standards of practice. But, what is so amazing is that Sibme provides incredible base functionality from day one. Certainly, you can invest more time in developing the tool to be more comprehensive to meet your specific needs.

Cons

There are no cons to this tool. Sibme continues to expand functionality and improve.

Cost, ease of use

Ashley from North Broward Preparatory School

Easy Classroom Observations

Aside from having to hear my own voice, I think it's a really great tool for teachers to hear feedback and develop better skills!

Pros

I really like how Simbe can be used on all devices to record and play classroom observations. It's helpful when my administrator records the class, and leaves specific feedback with tags and domains. I can replay on my own time, pause as needed and absorb the feedback better than a traditional face to face meeting and observation.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to locate videos. If someone shares a video of me, I have to search in my huddles where it went. It would be cool to have a dashboard that shows like a timeline of videos submitted.

Katie from Teach For America

Perfect for Teachers to Lead their own reflections

Pros

The best thing about this is where the videos are stored and how user friendly the platform is. The customer support is very easily accessible. I loved that teachers could record and reflect on their own teaching with tags using a rubric. It was awesome to be able to "see" lessons that were simultaneously happening. In traditional observation formats, you can only "see" one at a time.

Cons

I needed to learn more about how to best utilize it with virtual/distance learning in conjunction with zoom. Maybe this technology exists but it would be great to create a video library for students to access in order to review lessons and/or watch those they missed. It could also help students learn from other teachers who teach the same subject but are not their official teacher for re-looping purposes.

Pricing and customer satisfaction

Sean from KIPP Texas

Great Platform for Schools

We started using Sibme last year and it helped accelerate teacher and school leader growth.

Pros

The platform is user-friendly and has nice aesthetics. Easy to record, store, and locate videos.

Cons

Missing some key features like fluidity to replay video like athletic coaches do and narrate on screen.

Ivelisse from KIPP Pleasant Grove Primary

Sibme Review

I loved the opportunity to listen and provide feedback on specific parts of the lesson. I think it was beneficials for teachers to record themselves and choose their best lesson to share with me. Hopefully, we will use it more next year once we go back to in person teaching but wondereing if you could add feature or share ideas on how to use it in a virtual classroom.

Pros

Cons

I don't have any cons. I used it last year but this year since it is virtual I haven't tried it yet. is there an option to record screens in virtual classrooms?

Maryjane from Slingerland Institute for Literacy

Great Platform

Don’t send me the gift card.

Pros

Cons

Please stop updating and screwing around with trying to make it easier. The updates slow me down since I am older and more technologically challenged. I don’t use all your new gadgets. I also would really LOVE if you could make the font color MORE black. I have suggested this before and it is still a light grey color.

Stephanie from Affinito Literacy Consulting

A Critical Tool for Lifelong Teacher Learning

Pros

Sibme is more than a software. It is a company dedicated to teacher learning through authentic, meaningful and personalized experiences grounded in classroom practices. It brings an innovative and intuitive platform directly to educators so they can reflect, refine and think forward about their instructional practices to better meet the needs of the students in front of them.

Cons

I have no suggestions for improvement. I have had excellent experiences with Sibme.

Dave from Midwest Regional ESC

Great tool for coaching and mentoring

Pros

The Sibme platform provides an easy to use tool for teachers to self-reflect on their practice and to share their practice with others to gain feedback. It provides an invaluable tool to allow an instructional coach or mentor to observe a teachers classroom without having to be physically present. It also provides an easy platform to provide constructive feedback to the teacher and create a virtual dialogue with the comment tools.

Easy of use and cost

Delilah from Texas Southern University

Simbe review from Texas Southern University

Excellent! The students love the video for self-reflection.

Pros

We have been very pleased with the product . Additionally, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] rock! They are extremely helpful when working with our students and University Supervisors. We will continue to use SIMBE after five years of using the product.

Cons

None that I am aware of after using the product for five years.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

We love the costumer service and the ease of the product.

Alexandria from Liberty Point Elementary

Seeing Is Truly Believing

Pros

Sibme has been an invaluable tool for intentional coaching and support! The platform has limited the physical and emotional barriers that sometimes come with conducting classroom observations. Using the video provides users an opportunity to slow the observation down and the time stamped commentary builds a bridge for two way communication and reflection. This technological software has humanized the observation process for the betterment of both our students and teachers.

Cons

N/A Maybe a next level suggestion could be to have a timeline graphic feature for individual huddles that illustrates the activity within the huddle. It would also be nice to track growth with action steps when using checklists.

Reasons for Choosing Sibme

Accessibility. No extra gadgets. Support.

Sydney from San Diego state university

Pros

Cons

The upload time took longer than expected. Minutes or hours depending on the length of video.

Cindy from Crane HS/ eMINTS

Believe

I love Sibme and believe that it can revolutionize how administration in schools do teacher review. When used properly, I can see open dialogue flowing from both parties and allowing for genuine growth. As I look for a curriculum job this spring, I would recommend Sibme as a tool for every district I encounter. I believe in what it can to change and build educational communication.

Pros

I was introduced to Sibme through the eMINTS organization. I enjoyed that it allowed me the space to work with others, and the space to work and collect things alone. I was introduced to the functionality of using professional development activities over the summer. I am looking forward to using these with faculty after the pandemic clears and teacher time is more fluid.

Cons

I had to be introduced to the professional development activities by a customer service agent. I was not able to locate them on my own. This was not the fault of Sibme, but it would have been nice to find those things much easier.

James from Liberty Point Elementary School

Taking Observation and Feedback to the Next Level

My experience with Sibme has been excellent. All members of the organization are professional and customer focused.

Pros

Sibme has helped take our system for observation and feedback to the next level. This tool allows administrators and teachers to see instruction and take actionable next steps to improve outcomes for all students.

Cons

It is difficult to upload observation rubrics from our statewide system (TKES).

Alex from North Broward Preparatory School

Professional Development for Teaching Practice

We have worked with the Sibme team on other ways to use the platform as a PD tool, including running workshops and conferences, and they are constantly striving to push the tool in the right direction. They are very helpful and very detailed in their work.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use of making comments on live video, and the manner in which you can add a rubric for pointing out specific behaviors. This is what makes this much more than a video viewing and storage platform. These annotations give teachers and administrators a way to observe, comment, and improve teaching practice without directly affecting the lesson, as well as providing exact examples of moments of success and improvement.

Cons

I would like a smoother interface/explanation between huddles and workspaces, as well as the ability to link into more video conferencing software so that virtual lessons are easier to capture directly instead of habing to upload.

JohnJOH from Taylor hs

Useful

Sibme is a very useful tool to promote collaborative video analysis. I would like to use it more with my colleagues.

Pros

Sibme made it easy to focus on small pieces of video and collaborate with others on those small pieces. You could really zero in on specific things with the tools Sibme provides.

Cons

Not really a problem with the software but it was difficult to get but in and teachers used the smallest things as excuses to no time participate.