• Pros

• "I love that this is so easy to use. And I love the videos for tips!"

• "I like this software because it's very easy to use. It helped my company build a training program when we'd never really had a linear training system before."

• "I like how easy it is to use. It takes you through the process when you first log in and shows you around the website. Uploading new training manuals was very easy."

• Cons

• "Did not like some of the functions and seemed a little pricey but overall good."

• "I think the interface could use some minor improvements, but other than that, I am very satisfied!"

• "It takes a while to get all the information in but it will be a super awesome tool once it's done. "

Browse Trainual Reviews

Sarah from Filminism.org

So far so good!

Our team has given us really good feedback about Trainual, and it makes a great first impression on new team members.

Pros

It's simple, pretty, and functional. No real complaints.

Cons

There are some nitpicky features and functions that I wish were available or that don't work quite the way I'd want them to. The search functionality gets on my nerves sometimes as it seems to load exactly the search result I'm looking for immediately but then a second later SEVERAL results load and the one I actually want (that's most relevant) jumps further down the list. If you are a speedy clicker and try to click it before the rest of the search results load (like me), it will take you to something completely different as the rest of the results will load right as you click. I do like that it *has* search functionality and when we have had to make wide-sweeping changes it is really nice to be able to hit the enter key and see not just results in whatever category you're in but in every aspect of your company. We have used other comparable software in the past and have never had true search functionality like this before.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks so much for the great feedback, Sarah! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team.

Tonya from Dorm Room Movers, LLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Training made SIMPLE!

Overall, trainual has been a lifesaver for me and my team. By using trainual as our training platform we are able to ramp up more new team members at one time and keep our open forums to high-level reviews of the material. This saves my trainers and supervisors hours of hand holding which in turn allows them to focus on their other daily tasks.

Pros

The use and navigation of the Trainual platform is simple and clear. My trainers are easily able to create new subjects within minutes. Also, having the ability to move entire sections from one subject to another makes life so much better. It would never work if we had to copy/paste and delete. We also love the reporting in Trainual. We can monitor our new trainees' progression and identify areas for improvement at a glance.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like about trainual. It would be nice if we could choose our own color scheme to match that of our company.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Tonya - Glad we were able to simplify your process!

Maggie from Up to Par Management

Best Decision we have made this year!

Using Trainual we are able to organize the content with have and share it consistently with our associates at all properties.

Pros

Trainual is simple, user-friendly and fits our business needs perfectly. We are in the process of switching over from training our teams inconsistently to organizing and standardizing our processes with Trainual and we couldn't be more pleased with the product and service.

Cons

We need more "getting started" support - starting with a blank platform is a bit overwhelming.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Ease of use; quick, personalized customer service; beautiful platform design; app designed specifically for training associates

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review, Maggie! Our L&D Lead will be happy to help you with onboarding. Just email support@trainual.com with any questions.?

Terry from CRx Specialty Solution Pharmacy

Writing Standard Operating Procedures

Overall, Trainual has been providing updates and works to improve their product. So, the learning curve to use Trainual is quite lw and it is easy to learn without formal training.

Pros

It allowed us as a company to combine our SOPs and make them available company-wide for anyone to read.

Cons

Not as easy to format - no copy/paste function and when we copied a document and placed it Trainual, we lost most of our formatting.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Terry! Text editor improvements are definitely on our roadmap.

Tony from Ktj Enterprises

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

For a growing company absolutely amazing!

Time saver and is allowing us to grow our company and our profits faster.

Pros

Our company is growing at 40-60% a year and we are so busy it is almost impossible to get someone trained to take off the workload and we have added 7 employees in the last 9 months. It has been essential to have to do the training once and then send everyone through it saving my manager a ton of time. It has been easy for us to setup tasks for the new hires to do as well as to have comprehensive tests that really get the new hires engaged.

Cons

It could be easier to install videos and photos.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Tony! We're working on an in-app video recorder, which should make adding videos a breeze -- Stay tuned!

Michael from Pivot Staffing & HR Services

Does what it needs to.

Overall it is great and has greatly cut down the time to onboard a new employee.

Pros

I like the simplicity of trainual, especially the dashboard and the email reminders that content has been updated. Building lessons is fairly easy as is creating tasks. Getting my entire company to move over the platform was fairly easy, as was setting up the invites and setting individual user levels. Once training lessons are created, they are easy to update and keep current. I like how you can both link and embed video and really, create any type of layout you want. That is nice and I like having the ability to have certain layouts for certain kind of content. Embedding Loom videos has been a super easy process.

Cons

The only con to Trainual is when it comes to editing the overall structure of training. It can be a bit confusing adding new content from the subject area (but once in the lesson it is super easy). I just think the initial contents could be easier to navigate.

Steve from Scorpion

Training and Certifying our Sales People

We needed to find a practical and reliable system to deploy our sales processes to all of the sales people quickly and ensure that each is competent and familiar with the sales guidelines and processes established by the sales management team

Pros

How easy it is to use for both the administrators and end users

Cons

The interface could be much more sexy making this even more appealing to the end users

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the positive review, Steve! We're working to make our interface better everyday, but you can submit any requests at trainual.com/ideas. :)

Ian from Knotty Tie Co

Industry: Textiles

Great training platform

Overall their quality of support has been excellent with great webinars to help guild and show new features.

Pros

Initially i thought that trainual was "too simple" in that i was not able to build out huge heirarchys of subject matters, but after talking with them and going through the training it makes a lot more sense now. We are successfully building out a complete training for our operators and enjoy the platforms ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see a bit more functionality in the testing options, specifically the ability to "choose all that apply" type of questions. The publishing and granting access it also not very intuitive as i have found that when i click publish, that doesn't necessarily mean it will show in someone eases library without assigning it to them.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Ian! Select all in multiple choice is definitely on our feature request board - Feel free to add any other suggestions to trainual.com/ideas :)

Emily from Qwick

Trainual cares about their customers!

Took a bit to get going, as with any LMS, getting your outline and content in there is the longest part. Then once you get going, keep diving into the features to make your content even better. My overall experience has been really positive.

Pros

Really excited to use the Gusto integration. Trainual makes it easy to share knowledge with people on my team and get new hires up to speed, quickly. The new Google extension and search feature make it convenient for those already on-boarded, to reference a past article. They do a great job of being in communication with their customers regarding feedback and overall great customer service.

Cons

Newer software with some missing features, but the team is working to make them available and are even sharing a roadmap to let us see what features are in the pipeline.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Emily! Happy that you know about the roadmap, too. ?

Daniel from Rocky Mountain Car Wash

Very Easy to Use

Overall, I would say that I have had a wonderful experience with trainual!

Pros

Cons

The program is easy to use and utilize but the navigation of the page could use a bit more work.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

Just what our company needed!

Overall, Trainual is something that every company needs, big or small. It's important to have a process where you can train your employees and then test them to see if they understood what they just learned. Trainual helps you do that with ease and helps your whole team get up to speed at the same time.

Pros

Trainual allows you to easily create a way for your employees to learn of a new subject and then they can take a test to get tested on their knowledge of the subject after going through the training materials. For our large company, it allowed us to get our employees certified, so that we felt confident that they knew the new information on the new product we were rolling out.

Cons

There are no cons that I have been able to find.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to help get your team up to speed!

Jonathan from Stream Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Trainual - Great to Have!

We have absolutely loved Trainual. The start of this year, we completely revamped our training program and with the support of Trainual software and their team, it has been a real game changer for us. We highly recommend this company and program to anyone and appreciate the continued support.

Pros

Easy to use and establish a whole training program for our entire team. Love that we can assign certain topics to team members, but also that they can go in and also request permission to other training we have built into the system.

Cons

The few instances where we have had recommendations and brought up to the Trainual team, they have been able to help us with a solution or have shown us how future versions of the software will address.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks so much for the review, Jonathan! We are so happy to hear Trainual has been a game changer for your team! Stay tuned for more exciting things to come in 2019 :)

Sarah from Keylock Storage

Training Make-over

Overall it is great. Our business is set up with multiple locations across 4 states and it is has allowed the training to happen without the cost of long business trips. I would honestly say that Trainual helps me accomplish 80-90% of my goals with training and that really cuts down on the time and expenses spent traveling and training.

Pros

I love that I can add screenshots into the quizzes - it allows me to ensure that employees I have never met (due to hiring in a region I don't live in) understand what they are looking at. I love that in general I can have the benefit of a "hands-on" approach and thoroughly teach concepts and in actuality use up very little time to do so. Overall, Trainual is very helpful.

Cons

If I could change one thing - it would be Trainual creating the ability for us to upload videos directly to the website as opposed to having to go through youtube or Vimeo. Either the quality of the video is reduced by the time it gets to Trainual to the point where it's blurry and not really useful, or we have to pay a separate vendor to upload the videos, or we have to upload slowly over time. If that aspect were changed, I would give this software an 11/10.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Sarah! An in-app video platform is definitely on the roadmap. :)

Oryan from Jobox.ai

Great Tool, needs more flexibility

Pros

I love how easy it is for our employees to learn how to use it. new employees can just sit down at their desk on their first day and go through the trainual and be onboarded in an organized way.

Cons

Theres not a lot of flexibility in terms of look and format. I would love for the UI to be more fun and engaging so our employees dont just feel like theyre flipping through pages of text. I think typeform is a great example of engaging and fun UI that would be a great fit for trainual. Think turbotax also. We want our employees to enjoy training, but we are extremely limited in what we can manipulate in trainual. I would also like to see more types of content than just text and tests. I want surveys, i want feedback forms, or at the very least, a non graded test. I also would like to be able to generate a report of all the freeform test answers from a specific subject.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Hi Oryan -- Thanks for the review! We would be happy to hop on a call and discuss your feedback if that would be helpful. Just email support@trainual.com and we'll get that coordinated!

Benjamin from Applied Behavioral Analysis Services

Excellent and efficient training solution.

Trainual is well executed in its layout, using mostly common and current web standards. It loads fast, is mobile friendly, and simple from both creator and user experience. I was up and running almost immediately and worked through the how-to guide as I went. Moving processes into training modules helps heightens the awareness that all company processes need to be documented, trainable, and scalable. Rollout to users has been easy and feedback has been great.

Pros

Trainual is a well executed and easy to use solution for moving training onto the cloud. My favorite aspect about using the software is how it trains content creators think more about their work processes, which increases efficiency and scalability.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. For future improvements I would like to see a dark mode, which would help with users who check into content late at night. On mobile, the topic steps stay at the top of the screening the actual step contents require scrolling below the steps list - this UI section could be improved.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Benjamin! You can submit suggestions (like your night mode one) at trainual.com/ideas!

Michelle from Northwestern Mutual

User-friendly so you won't pull your hair out

I love having everything in one place and organized into "need to know" sections when onboarding (both as a new hire and later, a manager). As a growing start-up, we were constantly adding to the training content, and bringing new superstars into the fold was easy because they're getting a consistent and thorough rundown of our company history, SOPs, and tools we rely on to function. BIG PERK: even as the Founder/top dogs get busier, the flow of information isn't disrupted for new team members. I wish Trainual existed years ago!

Pros

Simple user experience w/ clear navigation for both trainers and trainees, prompt response from Trainual staff if there's an issue, and it takes away the excuse of "I didn't know" as new staff onboards (the admin dashboard with progress reporting is magic!)

Cons

Nothing to note at this point. Any hiccups or new feature suggestions are always acknowledged quickly by the team...which isn't a bad thing at all!

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Michelle! We're so happy to hear Trainual has helped your company train as you grow.

Ross from Group 46:10 Network

Great for small and medium business documentation

Trainual has been a great platform for us to document our business practices. We've also used it as a learning automation software for all of our training purposes. Great product.

Pros

Trainual is very easy to use and has very good functionality. Their support team is very responsive to questions and issues. New features are consistently rolled out and the product is getting better by the month. It's a great value.

Cons

A few small bugs here and there, but nothing that is too irritating. Any bug I run into usually gets resolved within a day or two.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Ross! It's always nice to hear from you and we know you'll love everything we have planned for 2019 :)

Leilah from WorthPointe

Using Trainual to document everything and anything about your company!

Overall we are very pleased with Trainual. Our biggest hurdle is getting information OUT of people's heads and onto "paper" so that others can benefit from the knowledge or pick up the pieces if the need arises. Trainual is a great tool to do just that!

Pros

I really like the organizational structure of Trainual. I love that I can leave it open on my desktop and add things QUICKLY (drag/drop/cut/paste/add links or images) and without getting too side-tracked.

Cons

I'd like to be able to keep a consistent view in the main SUBJECTS page. They give you two options, Card View and Outline View. Outline View is much more intuitive to me (perfect for linear thinkers...) but unfortunately the default is Card View so every time I go to the main SUBJECTS page I have to toggle back to my preferred view.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Leilah! We do have changing your default Subject view on our roadmap, so I'll be sure to let you know when we release that! :) Thanks again for being a loyal customer!

Danielle from Thrive Proactive Health

Great Training Sote

Its been a great tool for both our employees and managers. Were really glad to have Trainual because it was our missing link. Its the perfect to house us for training and have a place for employees to refer back to when they need a refresher.

Pros

Trainual is extremely user friendly. Our team has been able to collectively use this site to help create new training for staff, onboarding for new employees, roll out new policies, and more. We love that it can be branded, how everything autosaves, and the ease of us for our employees.

Cons

The only thing I wish this had is a way to order training for our employees. Some hires should start out with a different course than others, so weve been making our training schedules manuallyhowever, itd be great if the site came with a training scheduling system.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Danielle! You can your feature requests (like the awesome one about training order) to trainual.com/ideas.

Wes from Bandujo Advertising + Design

All your company's info in one place

The platform is simple and easy. It's just a great way to capture everything you need to for your employees. Gone are the days of Google Docs and PDFs.

Pros

I love capturing all the company's procedures in one location. It makes it easy for new and old employees to search what they need and instantly get the answer.

Cons

The user interface currently is a little meh, but Trainual is constantly updating and listening to their users.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for your review, Wes! If you have any ideas you want to submit regarding our interface, feel free to visit trainual.com/ideas.?

Ariel from HolaDoctor

Excellent Service & Our Company Loves It!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how simple it is to create all the sections needed for our CRM and Company training.

Cons

There are somethings I would change like the fact of the publishing and the employee user interface. But I would say everything works well and simple enough to make it very useful.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Ariel! We added a new permission that requires an admin to approve content before it is published, so maybe this would help with your publishing issue! If so, email support@trainual.com and we'll get this added to your account.?

Mary from AtYourGate LLC

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

A breeze to use and monitor progress!

I will continue to use trainual for all my future on-boarding needs. I always have support for questions. It is easy and effective.

Pros

Ease of use in posting and understanding set-up. The ability to monitor progress of team.

Cons

I wish the platform was available on an app instead of through a website and browser.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Mary! We do have an iOS and Android app on our product roadmap so stay tuned for exciting things to come! :) We look forward to helping you train as you continue to open in new markets. Thanks for your support!

Leonard from UGP

Trainual Helped Grow Our Golf Business

Pros

The fact that we look very professional as a company in the pre-boarding process and that our new staff members get up to speed so much faster.

Cons

We are excited to see the features expand. More advanced ways to design tests and a way for the trainee to submit documents through Trainual.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Hi Leonard! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review -- We're so happy that you're loving Trainual. We'll be sure to let you know when we make updates to our testing functionality as well. ?

Casey from Slate Comapnies

Industry: Music

Provides a Great Central Database For My Company

We are able to keep our company handbooks and internal resources within Trainual, which makes it easy for employees to access information and search keywords to find what they are looking for. Overall we have had a very positive experience with Trainual and the customer service.

Pros

Trainual is extremely easy to use, we were able to onboard our company hassle-free

Cons

We still have to utilize Google drives for things like photo/graphic databases, it would be great if Trainual had a better way to host and display multimedia. Also, it does look a little bit basic, but that does contribute to the ease of use. Formatting does take some work if you are copying and pasting information from a word document or PDF.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks so much for the feedback, Casey! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team to discuss. We have lots on our roadmap for 2019 so stay tuned! Thanks again!

Christina from Terry Foster Consulting

Agency Training Solution

This software has transformed the way we train our staff. We have now been able to create an intranet of videos that enable us to create a training program that helps us speed up our on boarding and ultimately improve efficiencies.

Pros

Very easy to use and learn in a short amount of time which is crucial in our industry.

Cons

I would have preferred a little more customization to fit our learning style.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Christina! You can submit any feature requests to us at trainual.com/ideas.?

Trainual is a life-saver!

The business problems we are solving involve capturing internal processes and getting consulting knowledge out of people's heads.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. We used a much more expensive solution previously and training on the tool was a real problem. It was hard to set up. Trainual is so easy that anyone can use it quickly (even the CEO). When I found the tool, I had one day to prepare my first module to train new consultants. I was ready with the first three hours of training by the next day and completed 15 hours of training a few days after that. It was a life-saver! I like how we can easily capture files, video, audio, processes. It is easy to organize the training as well. Our business is complex and I was desperate to get all the internal knowledge into one centralized database.

Cons

It's a little hard to organize - we have a lot of modules - to support multiple job positions and to find what you need if it is not part of your original training. I want everyone in the company to be able to see what training is available to them.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the great review -- So happy you found a good fit in Trainual!

Derek from Telecommunications

Industry: Market Research

Exceptional Performance and Easy to Use

We are developing training for employee onboarding, reinforcement of best practices and assigning content for coaching opportunity. This software meets every one of our development needs.

Pros

The pros of the Trainual software are genuinely to numerous to mention in one review. Moving through the Trainual Basics essentially taught me everything I needed to create my first subject. I started with a simple client connection overview and had the entire module complete in less than an hour. This included embedded video, hyperlinks, images, slide shows etc. Ease of use A+, Training A+, Quality of Support A+. This software is amazing.

Cons

Honestly one training completed and I have yet to find something i didn't like.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Derek!

Ashley from The Psych Professsionals

Industry: Mental Health Care

Knowing your content is being understood!!

We are able to successfully inform and enforce our policy on our staff. We are able to save time in having this easy to use point of reference.

Pros

We really enjoy the knowledge that all the information that has been sent to our colleagues and staff is able to be quizzed and we can confirm their understanding. This feels great because its a valuable use of time to pour your effort into writing material when you know your team are reading it and understanding it. This also holds them accountable to their own learning.

Cons

I can't think of anything! I truly think the Trainual team have thought of almost everything!

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks so much, Ashley! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience :) Glad to hear you're utilizing our quiz feature to hold your team accountable!

Scott from Masterpiece Cuisine

Scott's Feedback

Great customer support, great value, life saver for our business.

Pros

Everything that we've worked hard to put together over the years is in one spot. Also any time we want to add something new, there's no fear that it won't get transferred to our team. It's a great feeling not having to stress about making the same mistakes over and over again.

Cons

I wish that it was easier to review everyone's scores. It takes a lot of steps to do this, seems like there could be an easier way.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Scott! It's been a pleasure working with you and we're happy to hear Trainual is helping to alleviate some stress for you! We will be taking a deeper look into Reports next year so I'll be sure to reach out regarding what you'd like to see changed :) Thanks again!

JaCoby from Shopper Approved

SUPER AWESOME TOOL TO USE FOR ALL BUSINESSES

Trainual is allowing us to be better prepared in training our new employees. Before Trainual, our new employee training was a mess. Now with Trainual, our new employees can be trained properly and at their own speed. Plus, they are able to review their trainings so that they can make sure they are up to speed on everything.

Pros

Trainual makes it very easy to train new employees as well as record job descriptions. I personally like Trainual for the purpose of being able to record what I do for the company. The reason why I like this is because I am able to make sure the my company will continue to run even I there was something to happen to me. The other employees would be able to look at what I recorded in Trainual and be able to perform my job without any problems.

Cons

The overall usability of the website is confusing at times. There are times I feel that I have to duplicate my work to get the same results which is sometimes a waste of time.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the awesome review, JaCoby! I'd love to hear more about where you feel you're duplicating efforts -- I'll send you an email now so we can find a time to chat :) Thanks again!

Daisy from RZone Fitness

Best Training Software We've Used

Running a business can get hard but having our employee training manual uploaded onto Trainual has helped us tremendously and has kept productivity at the upmost high!

Pros

The reports we are able to see on all of our team members and what they've accomplished, with so much detail like exact time and percentage of progress is really helpful to keep track. The ease of creating subjects with different options and designs as well!

Cons

The only thing I'd say is when it comes to uploading videos, you will have to use a separate link or have the user download the video onto their computer/device to see a video in a certain subject.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Daisy! We are working on an in-app video tool as well. :)

Chris from Wabash Valley Alliance

Industry: Mental Health Care

Training Made Easy

I like that because I wish to continue growing at my company, I am able to easily access training sessions online to expand my knowledge in my field and be better equipped for any crisis I may face while in the field.

Pros

Being part of a growing business, it is highly beneficial to have something out there that can help expedite the training process. Trainual makes it easy to create tasks for new hires so that they are able to get all of the information in a compact manner. We are able to emphasize the key aspects of the job competencies and have the new case managers take tests to ensure that proper practice is being executed. It is easy to use for the user and auto saves your progress.

Cons

I have not run into any issues with using this software as a user. It was easy to use and I like that it made the training process even faster so that I could start going into the field sooner.

Amelia from Lingo Live

One of the easiest LMSs I've ever used!

Best LMS I've ever worked with, and I've worked with Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas and Northpass. Great job!

Pros

I LOVE how easy the text editor is. I can literally copy and paste content without the code breaking -- this includes content from outside Trainual. For anyone who has ever had to deal with content creation in any LMS, this could literally make or break your sanity. This one small details is part of the reason we switched from our previous LMS to Trainual. Plus, the tutorials are actually helpful! Win all around for me.

Cons

So far, as a new customer, I really have nothing to complain about!

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the fantastic review, Amelia!

Youinkit Review

Awesome, it has been groundbreaking for our organization.

Pros

On-boarding new employees has become much easier than in the past. Happy we made the switch.

Cons

Only 25 users are available for the lowest version of the software.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to make your onboarding process easier!

Jeff from NotaryCam

Trainual is great!

Trainual has helped with our employees learning our workflow and our software. It has not replaced personal training, but has solidified important ideas and is handy for reference.

Pros

I like the customer service, and the tutorials. I have made suggestions to their development team, and they have actually listened! After a short learning curve, the software is easy to use. I also like they are constantly developing it.

Cons

There are a few features that I'm waiting on, mainly with formatting. I do wish quizes could be placed anywhere in the "learning flow".

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff! Text editor updates are currently in progress. :)

Lizzie from Up to Par Management & Taylor Hospitality

Trainual from an Intern's Eyes

I've just started working with Trainual, but I am very excited in assisting in the set up process. This would have been a life saver at one of my previous jobs. It's easy to navigate, and will be easy for associates to understand.

Pros

The software enables the company to easily reach every associate with a wide range of information. It also allows each associate to access to information with ease.

Cons

Not every associate can easily learn information from reading a screen and watching a few videos, so a few issues could arise with the associates retaining the information. I think including more interactive aspects like the tests could be beneficial.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Lizzie! We would be happy to walk you through testing options -- Just email support@trainual.com with any questions. :)

Brittany from Real Property Management Humboldt

Bringing our company to the next level!

Great outline for structuring courses, and the ability to customize to your heart's content with videos and graphics. Not only is it easy to use, but I recently attended a webinar that was offered via email to better use all the tools at my disposal. I love that we can assign courses to entire departments with a click, and add additional individuals. Proper training is vital in our industry, and the most important thing to have dialed in for any company, Trainual helps us up our training game.

Pros

Easy to use & helpful training webinars!

Cons

Can't think of anything, my experience has been great.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Happy we could help up your training game, Brittany! ?

Sarah from Betabox

Great way to organize internal processes

I'm very pleased with it.

Pros

It's a great way to organize internal processes. Trainual is very user friendly and can be easily accessed by computer or mobile. I like that you can give different permissions to various roles.

Cons

The formatting is not consistent (paragraph/line breaks) and copy/paste formats from other documents (Word, Drive) do not persist. Also, some table formats are not visible on mobile (cannot scroll right if rows are long).

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Sarah! We're working on text editor improvements as well - Stay tuned!

Laurel from Event Rental Works

A Huge Time and Effort Relief

I am very excited to use Trainual for our business. Before someone told me about this app, I was feeling very anxious about the amount of work it would take to put together a training program and collect all of our procedures effectively. Now I see a light at the end of the proceduralizing tunnel!

Pros

I love that this software is designed to help create procedures that can then be used for training. This will be a giant time savings tool while we are restructuring our company and setting up training procedures that have never been formalized here before.

Cons

It would be great if there was a way to formally group some subjects together . I did discover that you can do this through creating roles that group them together. Employees can also have more than one role so this wouldn't effect the job roles fortunately, but I have yet to try it out to see how it works for us.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Laurel -- Happy you see the light! ?

Lori from Whitehall Management

Great Tool!

Pros

This system is well organized and easy to manage. The appearance can be customized, making it familiar-looking to staff. This has been a very useful tool to make training materials uniform and easy to distribute and track. Well done!

Cons

The system is not necessarily self-explanatory, you actually have to read the directions, so to speak to make the most of the product. But the directions are thorough, and formatted just like your own Trainual system will be.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the fantastic review, Lori!

Penn from Moody Eyes

Brought Our "Book" onto the Internet

As described above, it made digitizing our processes, adding tests to assess competency, and automating the tracking of progress easy.

Pros

We had developed a training manual in written form that covered most of what we wanted to teach our staff. But, there was no tracking mechanism, so it took us to personally check on each staff member's progress and understanding of our processes. Trainual ("Train Y'all") has automated this process. Trainual also has caused us to reread and edit our processes, which we can easily update at any time.

Cons

There's a lot here and it can be overwhelming. Once our president, got comfortable with moving around the software it became very easy to use. It also allowed me to review her postings so we can work together without sitting in the same room and at a more convenient pace.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Penn! Happy we could help bring your book online. :)

Chris from Maple Leaf Photo Booths and Pic Station

Industry: Photography

Trainual Helped My Business Scale

Trainual is the key to documenting processes and training and we wouldnt have been able to grow as quickly without it. I am very grateful I found it.

Pros

Trainual is user friendly has allowed me to onboard staff in two clicks of the mouse. It is the one of the biggest keys to my business.

Cons

The user limitations are a bit low in my opinion

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

So happy you're loving Trainual, Chris!

Maverick from Served BY Staium

Transitions Made Easy

We are trying to solve onboarding issues for new team members and it helped allot on doing this.

Pros

Mostly the selling point for this program for us is the ease of use of its system. Functionality are simple yet effective, making quizes is a great addition so we were able to know who really did review the training materials. This product helped us allot in on boarding more people and having a basic idea on what the team does and making on boarding for new employees a bit easier!

Cons

What can I say, improvements for navigation? not really a biggie but sometimes we tend to get lost on the navigation of different parts of the software. (or just me )

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Happy we could simplify your onboarding process, Maverick!

Emily from CO+HOOTS

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great tool for any business!

Pros

Trainual is not only a great tool for getting new hires on track, but it's also been a great tool for our company to manage and update processes. This is a lifesaver when team members with niche roles are unavailable.

Cons

When adding in lots of subjects, Trainual can get a little cluttery, but we have found ways to organize using naming conventions.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Emily! We are thrilled to see you not only using our platform for new hires but also for updates to existing policies. Trainual <3 CO+HOOTS!

Clayton from Toast Wedding Films

Streamlined our Onboarding

Super easy company to work with. We've been in touch about issues or bugs and have heard back inside the same week that their team had fixed those issues!

Pros

This software helps break down all of our processes into super-digestible steps for both new employees and current workers keeping up with current processes. Being able to include videos and screenshots is huge as well.

Cons

The only difficult part is having to type out all of your own processes!

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Clayton! Hoping to have our templates live soon. ?

Lorne from Ferguson moving & storage

Trainual

Pros

brain dump for my business. I can get everything sent out to my teams

Cons

You can only share subjects not topics. There is a copy paste feature but if one topic changes I must find them all and update all of them one by one.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Lorne! Sharing topics is on our Feature Request board -- You can add other ideas at trainual.com/ideas, too!

Serhat Oner from CXOsync

Instant transformation if Business

Pros

It helps allow our team to add their input for each training session without having to re create the full program. We can make sure we keep everyone up to date with the latest changes or additions we have to the company. Having our team members complete the training sessions allow a full range of educated employees throughout the company.

Cons

Very little to nothing really. It's a great start to keep everyone on track.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

So happy we're helping to keep your team on track, Serhat!

Jaime from Vape affliction

Industry: Tobacco

Perfect for our small business

Having this software opened our eyes to many areas of improvement. It allows the user to break down each job in each department. We have struggled with this for a while and this software has helped us identify and improve on our pain points especially for on boarding.

Pros

Very easy to navigate, they have sections built in to help minimize time spent on creating categories.

Cons

Have not found a reason to not like it so far

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

We're so happy to hear Trainual has helped your business document what you do! We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review.

Trainual: Great Training Tool

Pros

Trainual is incredibly easy to use and to add content to. If you have any questions, the Trainual staff is always there to answer questions and help you.

Cons

I wish it was a little more visually appealing. In today's market most of our staff wants software to be eye catching. It would be nice if there were "themes" or "background templates" to choose from.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review and feedback on our design. I'll be sure to add themes to our feature request list, I love the idea!

Joanna from ebm

Trainual Features

Pros

We love that there's a space to provide our organization with the resources and training they need in one place. In addition, these resources are available at all times and can be modified as needed. No need to worry about multiple versions of one training topic.

Cons

The software can be updated to include more flexibility and customization. There are great features that look like they are in the pipeline to be released.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Joanna!