Browse Trainual Reviews

Stephanie J. from Unitas Dental

Amazing Service

It's been effective in keeping all info gathered in one location and making it easily accessible & easy to train new people.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and stay organized and help others get trained.

Cons

I wish there was a search bar that when a keyword was input, it would show exactly where in the modules that keyword shows up in a list. That would be super helpful in updating old information once it's not relevant rather than having to go through all modules to see where information may be outdated.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

We also use Basecamp, but are hoping to ease out of it eventually.

Wade from 2 College Brothers

The answer to what I was looking for

Overall it has been great. It is easy to use and figure out and it is helping me go deep in systemizing my business.

Pros

We have high turnover and being able to make initial training part of the hiring process have helped us weed out applicants who are not serious. It also provides a great way to get people to complete training before being eligible for raises and promotions. I like how I can track the progress of my team, and quiz them to ensure comprehension, as well as the different media I can implement to help drive home certain points.

Cons

The pricing model that does not include all of the features unless you pay the premium right off the bat. It takes a long time to get all of the systems into Trainual, and I am not able to release it right away to my team so I didnt want to pay the premium if they were not going to be able to access the features right away. I will probably upgrade to the premium later on and revamp my lessons, but I am a bit conflicted about having my team go through re-training at that point just to see some flashy new features that I would have liked to implement at the beginning.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

It seemed to be the best fit for our company and it was recommended by moving companies in another market that use it.

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Because of the ability to track and quiz applicants and team members and make a more user friendly portal for them.

Response from Trainual

Replied April 2021

Hi Wade! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear that Trainual has helped to make your training process more efficient and you've been able to systemize your business with it! And thanks for your feedback on our different plans. The good news is that if you do upgrade, you won't have to make your team go through their training again (unless you'd like them to). Everyone's completion percentage will remain the same when you upgrade. If you do have additonal questions about upgrading or anything else, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

Good, but not great or my final choice

Pros

I really liked the user interface and the idea of it. The templates are much better than many of the other programs I checked out for process management and training.

Cons

I would've liked to see a bigger variety of pre-made templates and also more automations not so surrounded around HR and employee onboarding. You can't really track work like other Process Management software, it's mostly a knowledge based type software, but not so much SOP software.

Patricia from Disability Attorneys of Michigan

Industry: Law Practice

Great for Training

We are using Trainual in place of physical manuals in our office. We are also adding videos for new employees on doing certain tasks within the office.

Pros

I LOVE that you can add in GIFs, pictures, and videos. It really makes the product fun for new employees. Instead of having just text to read through, maybe they can get a laugh from our silly videos or a GIF of Michael Scott doing something weird!

Cons

Nothing really - I actually enjoyed creating our manuals for the office and adding things in for our employees.

Just what our company needed!

Overall, Trainual is something that every company needs, big or small. It's important to have a process where you can train your employees and then test them to see if they understood what they just learned. Trainual helps you do that with ease and helps your whole team get up to speed at the same time.

Pros

Trainual allows you to easily create a way for your employees to learn of a new subject and then they can take a test to get tested on their knowledge of the subject after going through the training materials. For our large company, it allowed us to get our employees certified, so that we felt confident that they knew the new information on the new product we were rolling out.

Cons

There are no cons that I have been able to find.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Trainual had everything we needed and we will never go back to another training program again!

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to help get your team up to speed!

Stephanie from Unitas Dental

Excellent Product to help Organize information and small businesses

It's been a great tool and time saver.

Pros

How it organizes information easily and tracks whether users have gone through material.

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up a billboard with information we can put info into so that we could easily have access without clicks into things that we can see at all times.

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

We wanted to make it more user friendly when sharing it with new people working on the project.

Response from Trainual

Replied November 2020

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback. We'll be sure to pass along your comments about a Bulletin/Billboard feature have you experimented with Forums? That might do the trick! Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Maggie from Up to Par Management

Best Decision we have made this year!

Using Trainual we are able to organize the content with have and share it consistently with our associates at all properties.

Pros

Trainual is simple, user-friendly and fits our business needs perfectly. We are in the process of switching over from training our teams inconsistently to organizing and standardizing our processes with Trainual and we couldn't be more pleased with the product and service.

Cons

We need more "getting started" support - starting with a blank platform is a bit overwhelming.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Ease of use; quick, personalized customer service; beautiful platform design; app designed specifically for training associates

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review, Maggie! Our L&D Lead will be happy to help you with onboarding. Just email support@trainual.com with any questions.?

Mehdi from June Homes

Get trained remotely with Trainual

just amazing

Pros

Easy to use even if you are not familiar with it

Cons

how tow create multitabs

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Way easier than the above, you get what you looking for just with a few clicks

Response from Trainual

Replied September 2020

Hi Mehdi! Thanks so much for your Trainual review! We're so happy that it's been easy to use, and we hope it's been impactful to your team. Please let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us! We're always here and happy to help.

Rashad from Aumcore LLC

Industry: Photography

Employee training software

Generally, I do enjoy to be part of this software that earned many things and many prosperous worker that easily skipped the adaptation process through Trainual.

Pros

It does provide the user friendly that what and well designed interface enhance the quick working in the software. To create the training by selected the members through the software is amazing that makes possible to categorize the training and programs according to the needs of the member of the team. The possibility to make some edits on the categorization is stunning. The newly-joined member of our company in the entertainment department could enjoy the chance to adopt the skills and functions in a constant way that will make huge profit.

Cons

To be honest, I do not see any serous problem in general, however, I would tell that the new functions are extremely important. I would be happy to have the special access the learning platform like Coursera or Udemy that some member of our department could benefit from these selected courses. Besides, I want to express my concern about lack of customization possibility that could result in the time saving in the work process.

Response from Trainual

Replied April 2021

Hey, Rashad! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual. We're super excited to hear that it's making training your new hires much easier! And that you've enjoyed using it. We also appreciate your feedback on adding more customization options. We're currently working on new ways to customize your team's experience, so stay tuned! If you have any questions, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help.

Foss from Elizabeth Gallo Court Reporting

Very helpful to accommodate growth!

Very, very good. We have even suggested you guys buy a few of our other software that we use to imrpove them too!

Pros

We love the ease that it requires to onboarding new employees and deploy procedural or HR changes through the software.

Cons

We would like more interactivity in the modules. Maybe a chance to pose a question related to that specific module and then it archive in the forum.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Honestly, the team and platform.

Raegan from KT Consulting

Industry: Defense & Space

Trainual Review

Very good! Aside from the quiz features.

Pros

Some things that I love about Trainual are the features where I can add media like videos and gifs.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas I have that would make Trainual more effective. For example, being able to play the videos right in Trainual without having to click a link and open a new tab. COLOR CUSTOMIZATION! I hate the light gray color for all of the buttons (save, next, etc) I wish it was literally any other color. But if it was customizable that would be even better. Also when creating a test there NEEDS to be an option to select how many questions/possible answers for a given test. Clicking “new question” every time and then clicking “new answer” 4 times for each question is just way too time consuming and outright annoying. There could also be different types of quiz questions! What about definition matching or something else more interactive than multiple choice. And I wish you could turn off the feature where it shows the User what they got wrong. And the “essay” exams are NOT FUNCTIONAL because there is no way for the Administrator to review and approve the submissions. It just says 100% no matter what they write. For the Quiz portion of Trainual I rate it a 2/5. There is so much more development that needs to be happening here. Otherwise it’s a good platform.

Response from Trainual

Replied September 2020

Hi Raegan! Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. A few of your suggestions have recently been updated in our platform, including a new "Dark Mode" feature, and PDF Imbeds which allows you to play videos (and much more!) right on the platform. We truly appreciate your suggestions and are always here if you have additional feedback!

Sean from FOR Energy

Priceless Tool for Streamlining and Growth

Extremely positive. The tool flat out works. It's something that you get out what you put in. My recommendation for anyone looking into it is to have a strong plan and a devoted 'Trainual Champion' devoted to the buildout and implantation of the platform.

Pros

Trainual is far and away the best value for any platform we have used. It's hard to determine what's more impactful, the cost savings or the added revenue generated from staying organized and properly training our people. I strongly recommend this tool to anyone wanting to scale their business in a healthy and sustainable way.

Cons

The cons I experience are items the Trainual team is working on developing. Not many negatives to this technology.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

Cost, ease, functionality, and the fact that they are a company HQed in the same state as us.

Response from Trainual

Replied September 2020

Hello Sean! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your Trainual experience. We truly appreciate the kind words and are thrilled to hear that our software has been impactful to your business, from savings to training efficiency. We're always here if you have additional feedback or questions!

Kathryn from Valley Pawn

Positive Experience

Overall my experience with Trainual has been positive and made policy and procedure writing a little easier and even fun!

Pros

Trainual has been great for getting us organized and having all our policies in one location. Assigning subjects and ease of use for employees has been really helpful.

Cons

I would like a signature page option for the agreements and handbook acknowledgement receipts.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

I looked at several options but Trainual was the only one focused on policy and procedure more than other HRIS functions and that's what we needed and still need as we continue to make changes, Trainual makes those changes easy on the policy side. No more printing and re-printing paper copies - make a change in one spot and everyone is informed.

Response from Trainual

Replied September 2020

Hi Kathryn! Thank you for the thoughtful review of your Trainual experience. We definitely understand your need for a signature option, and we'll be sure to let our Product Team know. We appreciate your continued support! Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions for us!

Sarah from Filminism.org

So far so good!

Our team has given us really good feedback about Trainual, and it makes a great first impression on new team members.

Pros

It's simple, pretty, and functional. No real complaints.

Cons

There are some nitpicky features and functions that I wish were available or that don't work quite the way I'd want them to. The search functionality gets on my nerves sometimes as it seems to load exactly the search result I'm looking for immediately but then a second later SEVERAL results load and the one I actually want (that's most relevant) jumps further down the list. If you are a speedy clicker and try to click it before the rest of the search results load (like me), it will take you to something completely different as the rest of the results will load right as you click. I do like that it *has* search functionality and when we have had to make wide-sweeping changes it is really nice to be able to hit the enter key and see not just results in whatever category you're in but in every aspect of your company. We have used other comparable software in the past and have never had true search functionality like this before.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks so much for the great feedback, Sarah! I will be sure to pass this along to our product team.

Shania from Motivated Maids Ins

Trainual is great!!

Trainual is overall a wonderful company, there customer service is generally very quick and usually always helpful :)

Pros

It is not hard to learn how to use, it is fun to create training programs. There are many things you can do with this software.

Cons

Some of the embedding features are hard to understand and can be complicated if you are not tech friendly. It can be slightly hard to grasp how the courses can be set up, Such as understanding subject, topic, steps and how they work together.

Response from Trainual

Replied April 2021

Hi Shania - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We're really happy to hear that you're having fun with it and that you've found it useful. Plus, your awesome words about our company totally made our day! As always, our support team is here to help wherever you need it, so always feel free to reach out if there's anything we can do to make your experience better! Looking forward to continuing to work with you :)

Trainual is key

Easier training platform than the previous platform we used so there were fewer technical issues which saved us time fixing those issues during Training. It was a great experience overall.

Pros

The fact that we had to suddenly hire and train people in a short manner of time because of an unexpected surge of workload, the ease of transitioning to Trainual really helped. We were using a different software/platform before and it was a bit of a pain and we found Trainual a few months back before hiring, thankfully. Trainual is also perfect for our current needs. It's really easy to learn how to navigate around Trainual and learn how to use it from an Admin perspective. We didn't experience any technical issues along the way even from the user's side. I also liked the feature where you can see their progress in a detailed manner, like when did a specific user start on a course and when did they finish it.

Cons

There really aren't that many things I didn't like about it. I guess I would just push on considering adding more test styles/quiz styles. Additionally, I think we can add more details on the Reports, like the computed duration of how much time a user spent on a specific subject & course. Also, it'd be nice too if there was a feature where the courses & subjects are locked or set up to be taken in a specific order. These are the things on top of my head right now.

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

We were having issues with Showpad. Even though it also did its purpose, it was becoming a hassle dealing with the issues.

Response from Trainual

Replied April 2021

Hey there! Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We're excited to hear that Trainual helped your team effectively train your new employees in such a short amount of time! And we appreciate your feedback on the areas we can improve. We'll pass that on to our product team so we know where to focus on as we improve the platform. If there's anything else you need from us, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

Matt from New Again Houses

Game Changing Training

Trainual has been the most valuable addition we've made to our franchise network in the past year. I recommend it often.

Pros

The Trainual platform is easy to use and has allowed us to scale our growth that would have been impossible with traditional training systems.

Cons

We need better testing and certification options. The testing isn't robust enough. Users need certifications to show they've achieved a certain level. This is important for motivation. It seems like an easy add that would add a lot of value. We're currently looking for testing and certification solutions from 3rd parties, but Trainual should be able to provide them quite easily.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2020

Hey Matt, we're super pleased to hear we've helped you scale and grow your employees! I've actually gone through and added a feature request for certificates based on completion rate. We'll send over an update as soon as this becomes available.

Olivia from Common Ground Business Brokers

Great Overall, Minor Fixes

Overall I enjoy the software. It is a great tool especially for our company which works mostly online. Getting training to the different employees we have scattered around CA can be difficult, and printing manuals can get costly. Trainual makes it easy, and paperless!

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use, very user friendly. I am easily able to go into Trainual, and see which team members have completed the subjects they were assigned. Being able to send a reminder to those team members who have not completed a subject is key and a great component to the software.

Cons

Where Trainual falls short for me, is that I cannot assign topics/subjects to be completed in a specific order. Rather, the team members are able to jump around and start new topics/subjects without finishing the previous subject. Having the team members complete them in order would assure that they are learning the information in the correct order (A,B,C,D) rather than (A,D,C,B).

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2021

Hi Olivia! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual We're really happy to hear that it's been easy to use and it's helped to upgrade your training game! And we appreciate your feedback on assigning Subjects in a specific order. We'll take your feedback to our product team as we're always looking to improve. You can, however, make it so your Topics have to be completed in a specific order. To do that, all you have to do is go to Advanced Settings in your Subject settings, and then toggle the switch that's next to "Force order of Topics and Tests?". Once that's done, your team will have to go through Topics in the order that they are presented. Here's a link that will help you walk through the process: http://help.trainual.com/en/articles/4112578-force-order-of-topics-and-tests If you have any other feedback or need anything from us, always feel free to reach out. We're excited to continue to work with you!

Malyn from Pochi Bubble Tea Cafe

Great must-have tool with room to grow

Overall, I love Trainual's software and who they are as a company. They have a good product. Although it may be missing some things, those are things they are working on. They provide great resources for business owners and managers. I love the videos, webinars, articles, whatever it is that they put out there. It is always GOLD! And not to mention, very relevant.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. They come out continuously with updates that help the ease of use, I think. I like the option of incorporating tests/quizzes. It's easy to add in different media formats as well.

Cons

Trainual has great bones and structure. They are constantly evolving and implementing improvements which I appreciate, however, I do wish for a more complex or more functions in the testing/quizzes and a way to organize topics into Categories or Folders (which I know is something they are working on).

Response from Trainual

Replied December 2020

Hi Malyn! Thanks for sharing your Trainual experience with us. We appreciate your feedback about adding more complex functions to the test feature, and rest assured it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that you're enjoying the software so far and we truly appreciate your kind words. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional feedback or questions - we'd love to hear from you.

Lynette from Urban Link

Great system

Trainual solves almost all of our onboarding dilemmas, and the library of templates gets you going quickly.

Pros

The system looks utterly professional and modern with a clean, uncluttered UI, its the main reason we are selecting this product. Once customised with our branding it looked and felt like our own platform. The website is responsive and its great that its available as a downloadable app and mobi site. The price is reasonable and flexible according to user numbers, and has a monthly payment option as opposed to a lot of other LMS systems requiring annual upfront payment.

Cons

Its disappointing that the LMS is not SCORM compliant or supportive of adding external course material. The content tools require expanding, colour fonts and custom backgrounds etc. If you are going to limit the instructor to compiling courses to using your own content tools only it has to sufficiently expansive to make your courses appealing. Gifs are not totally appropriate for a lot of courses while obviously a nice differentiator. Creativity is therefore limiting. I would like to also see that you are able to upload videos directly from your device, as opposed to being forced to using YouTube videos which looks less than professional.

Reasons for Choosing Trainual

I was torn between choosing a SCORM compliant platform and Trainual but the beautiful uncluttered UI won me over.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2020

Hi Lynette! Thank you so much for leaving your candid feedback of Trainual. We are delighted to hear that you like our UI and prebuilt templates.

Stephanie from Barker Heating & Cooling

Trainual is helpful beyond just the software

Besides the software I really appreciate the podcasts and virtual classes that help businesses to be their best selves. Providing sessions on hiring, onboarding, and leading with empathy have been especially helpful for our team.

Pros

We didn't have written processes previous to using Trainual. This software has helped us get everything out of our heads and onto "paper" so that there is clear understanding across the board for what is expected from our employees and what they should expect from us as a company. It's easy to set up, easy to modify/customize, and easy to use. We are an HVAC contractor and not all of our employees are tech savvy. We've had no issues whatsoever in any of our employees using the software. And living in the new normal of social distancing this software has allowed us to hire, onboard, and train people virtually. We're better at these three items now than we ever were before and it's due to our use of Trainual.

Cons

I can't think of any issues we've had with the software.

Response from Trainual

Replied August 2020

Hi Stephanie, thanks for sharing your your Trainual experience. We're so excited to hear that implementation has been easy and that the platform has improved your processes and training! We hope it continues to positively impact your organization! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions or feedback as you're getting started.

Taylor from Systematic Home Staging

Makes on-boarding new team members easy for small business

Bring a small business, each team member wears many hats. Our business is also, thankfully, BOOMING so the need to add team members and keep up with a fast paced business is really difficult. Once all of our policies and procedures were on Trainual, and it did not take long to format and upload, an on-boarding process that would take me away a work day for me (the Director of Operations) was as easy as having the new hire in my office with an iPad learning while I worked. Also, sending out memos to team members and tracking them down to sign was eliminated because of the easy to edit and upload software. Our SOP has never been so up-to-date!

Pros

I really enjoy how this software has made updating standard operating procedures so simple. Whenever something is edited it sends a notification out to the team and I just need to give them a due date, this way I know that all information is available to everyone.

Cons

I wish I did not have to pay for the premium membership to do screen recording. Our business pays for Zoom so we just do screen recording through there, but uploading videos are also a process as you need to pay for a account or upload to YouTube to manage videos.

Response from Trainual

Replied November 2020

Hi Taylor! Thank you so much for leaving such great words about Trainual. We are very excited to hear that we have helped make SOPs more accessible, and that training is becoming more efficient. If you have any other feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Ryan from MAP Consulting

Super Easy to Use

The team at Trainual has been amazing. They have supported us throughout the process. When you have a great product and an even better team supporting it, great things happen.

Pros

This product is super easy to use. Our team was able to get up to speed quickly and start building content right away.

Cons

I would like to continue to see more reports.

Easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

Easier to author content.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2021

Hi Ryan! Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We appreciate it! And we're pumped to hear that you were able to get your team up to speed quickly by using Trainual And thanks for sharing your feedback on Reports. We are making some updates to our product to improve that area, so stay tuned! If you have any other questions or feedback, always feel free to reach out and we'll be more than happy to help!

Tonya from Dorm Room Movers, LLC

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Training made SIMPLE!

Overall, trainual has been a lifesaver for me and my team. By using trainual as our training platform we are able to ramp up more new team members at one time and keep our open forums to high-level reviews of the material. This saves my trainers and supervisors hours of hand holding which in turn allows them to focus on their other daily tasks.

Pros

The use and navigation of the Trainual platform is simple and clear. My trainers are easily able to create new subjects within minutes. Also, having the ability to move entire sections from one subject to another makes life so much better. It would never work if we had to copy/paste and delete. We also love the reporting in Trainual. We can monitor our new trainees' progression and identify areas for improvement at a glance.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like about trainual. It would be nice if we could choose our own color scheme to match that of our company.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Tonya - Glad we were able to simplify your process!

Perry from Power Bespoke

Changed how we grow our business

Incredible. I wouldn't be without it now

Pros

The ease of creation is immense. Tests really ensure the team consume AND understand what they are learning.

Cons

Hmmm I genuingley cannot think of any cons right now

Response from Trainual

Replied September 2020

Hi Perry! Thank you for taking the time to leave your Trainual review. We're so happy to hear that Trainual has been impactful to you and your business! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional feedback or questions for us.

Nikki from Gipman Kitchens & Cabinetry

Trainual Transformed our Staff

I love it! We will be using it for years!

Pros

Trainual was super easy to set up and get my staff training up to date. It is very intuitive so my staff were able to get started with minimal assistance.

Cons

I have to put in my own information. The templates Trainual has are amazing, I just wish I could click a button and all my manuals were magically entered!

Reasons for Switching to Trainual

We switched because nobody really reads the manuals and we wanted an easy way to train new staff, retrain old staff and delegate and make the staff responsible for their own advancement within the company.

Response from Trainual

Replied September 2020

Hi Nikki! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We hear you, a magic button for content would be AWESOME. We're glad to know that it's been otherwise beneficial to your training efforts, and we hope you continue to find it impactful to your team! Please let us know if you ever have additional feedback or questions.

Renee from Dental One

Trainual Review

Its a great overall training program for all of our staff to access. It makes it easier for us to hand over this program to new staff and for them to work their way through each module we make. Its a great system that we love using!

Pros

I like how easy the program is to use. It makes learning quick & efficient for all of our staff. It's also set out really well where we can pick subjects we need help with & get a step-by-step instruction guide. It's extremely helpful!

Cons

Nothing noted at this stage. Everything is very easy and straight forward.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2020

Hi Renee! We can't thank you enough for the kind words. We are so excited to hear that you are loving Trainual and we'll be here to help out every step of the way.

Jonathan from Stream Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Trainual - Great to Have!

We have absolutely loved Trainual. The start of this year, we completely revamped our training program and with the support of Trainual software and their team, it has been a real game changer for us. We highly recommend this company and program to anyone and appreciate the continued support.

Pros

Easy to use and establish a whole training program for our entire team. Love that we can assign certain topics to team members, but also that they can go in and also request permission to other training we have built into the system.

Cons

The few instances where we have had recommendations and brought up to the Trainual team, they have been able to help us with a solution or have shown us how future versions of the software will address.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks so much for the review, Jonathan! We are so happy to hear Trainual has been a game changer for your team! Stay tuned for more exciting things to come in 2019 :)

Sarah from Keylock Storage

Training Make-over

Overall it is great. Our business is set up with multiple locations across 4 states and it is has allowed the training to happen without the cost of long business trips. I would honestly say that Trainual helps me accomplish 80-90% of my goals with training and that really cuts down on the time and expenses spent traveling and training.

Pros

I love that I can add screenshots into the quizzes - it allows me to ensure that employees I have never met (due to hiring in a region I don't live in) understand what they are looking at. I love that in general I can have the benefit of a "hands-on" approach and thoroughly teach concepts and in actuality use up very little time to do so. Overall, Trainual is very helpful.

Cons

If I could change one thing - it would be Trainual creating the ability for us to upload videos directly to the website as opposed to having to go through youtube or Vimeo. Either the quality of the video is reduced by the time it gets to Trainual to the point where it's blurry and not really useful, or we have to pay a separate vendor to upload the videos, or we have to upload slowly over time. If that aspect were changed, I would give this software an 11/10.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Sarah! An in-app video platform is definitely on the roadmap. :)

Preston from Singleton, Clark & Company - CPAs

A Game Changer for Company

Our company has been using Trainual for about two months now. I see such value in the content that can be created in Trainual that I literally get up at 5am every day to write training content. And, I’m actually looking forward to hiring our next new staff person to put them through our new training program. All of this content will also not just be a training program that sits on a shelf forgotten somewhere, it will become our living company “Wiki” providing quick access to company knowledge.

Pros

The software is so intuitive and easy to use you just get in and go. It’s so much fun documenting our processes now and spicing the content up with interesting fonts, images, and videos.

Cons

It would be nice if videos could be uploaded directly to Trainual rather than linking them in from somewhere else like YouTube.

Response from Trainual

Replied April 2021

Hey, Preston - thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We're super excited to hear that the platform has helped to make documenting your processes fun and that it's being used a company "wiki" for your internal information! That is so awesome to hear. And thanks for your feedback on video uploads. We'll pass over your suggestion to our product team so we know where to focus on when improving Trainual. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help!

Michael from Pivot Staffing & HR Services

Does what it needs to.

Overall it is great and has greatly cut down the time to onboard a new employee.

Pros

I like the simplicity of trainual, especially the dashboard and the email reminders that content has been updated. Building lessons is fairly easy as is creating tasks. Getting my entire company to move over the platform was fairly easy, as was setting up the invites and setting individual user levels. Once training lessons are created, they are easy to update and keep current. I like how you can both link and embed video and really, create any type of layout you want. That is nice and I like having the ability to have certain layouts for certain kind of content. Embedding Loom videos has been a super easy process.

Cons

The only con to Trainual is when it comes to editing the overall structure of training. It can be a bit confusing adding new content from the subject area (but once in the lesson it is super easy). I just think the initial contents could be easier to navigate.

Response from Trainual

Replied February 2020

Glad we helped you cut down onboarding time, Michael! Thanks for your feedback around our subject editor too -- we're working on a big project to make this a lot easier.

Oleg from Everlabs

All-in-one platform for processes documenting

It was not easy to find a service to write down all the processes to delegate and share them. To organize company's wiki.

Pros

Roles management and access levels, course/position tracks, useful templates.

Cons

UX and ease to use may be improved. But they are adding more features regularly.

Response from Trainual

Replied September 2020

Hi Oleg! Thank you for sharing your Trainual review. We appreciate your feedback about UX and hope to continue improving your experience. Please let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback for us! We would always love to hear from you.

Great onboarding tool

Pros

I like the ease of updating any information in the portal.

Cons

You can’t move subjects around to other topics

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2021

Hi there - thanks so much for taking the time to review Trainual! We appreciate you. And we're excited to hear that you think we're a great onboarding tool. We think you're a great customer And thank you for the feedback on moving around Subjects. One thing you can do instead is move around Topics to different subjects. All you have to do is go to Subject view, then expand the Subject that the Topic you want to move is in, and then drag it over to a different Subject. For a visual walkthrough of this process, you can check that out here: http://help.trainual.com/en/articles/4109192-move-a-topic-or-test-to-another-subject#:~:text=If%20you%20would%20like%20to,Test%20to%20the%20new%20position. Hope that helps! If there's anything else we can answer for you, feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help. Thanks again!

Wendy from Virginia International Raceway

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

My view of Trainual

I loved it because you don't have to sit in a boring lecture

Pros

It lets you read the rules and regulations at your own speed and you can even review before testing.

Cons

I am not sure what i liked least of all

Response from Trainual

Replied August 2020

Hi Wendy! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're glad that the platform has been more interesting and effective than a traditional lecture or training! :) We hope you continue to find it helpful and engaging. Let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback!

Oryan from Jobox.ai

Great Tool, needs more flexibility

Pros

I love how easy it is for our employees to learn how to use it. new employees can just sit down at their desk on their first day and go through the trainual and be onboarded in an organized way.

Cons

Theres not a lot of flexibility in terms of look and format. I would love for the UI to be more fun and engaging so our employees dont just feel like theyre flipping through pages of text. I think typeform is a great example of engaging and fun UI that would be a great fit for trainual. Think turbotax also. We want our employees to enjoy training, but we are extremely limited in what we can manipulate in trainual. I would also like to see more types of content than just text and tests. I want surveys, i want feedback forms, or at the very least, a non graded test. I also would like to be able to generate a report of all the freeform test answers from a specific subject.

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2019

Hi Oryan -- Thanks for the review! We would be happy to hop on a call and discuss your feedback if that would be helpful. Just email support@trainual.com and we'll get that coordinated!

Tony from Ktj Enterprises

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

For a growing company absolutely amazing!

Time saver and is allowing us to grow our company and our profits faster.

Pros

Our company is growing at 40-60% a year and we are so busy it is almost impossible to get someone trained to take off the workload and we have added 7 employees in the last 9 months. It has been essential to have to do the training once and then send everyone through it saving my manager a ton of time. It has been easy for us to setup tasks for the new hires to do as well as to have comprehensive tests that really get the new hires engaged.

Cons

It could be easier to install videos and photos.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Tony! We're working on an in-app video recorder, which should make adding videos a breeze -- Stay tuned!

Michelle from Northwestern Mutual

User-friendly so you won't pull your hair out

I love having everything in one place and organized into "need to know" sections when onboarding (both as a new hire and later, a manager). As a growing start-up, we were constantly adding to the training content, and bringing new superstars into the fold was easy because they're getting a consistent and thorough rundown of our company history, SOPs, and tools we rely on to function. BIG PERK: even as the Founder/top dogs get busier, the flow of information isn't disrupted for new team members. I wish Trainual existed years ago!

Pros

Simple user experience w/ clear navigation for both trainers and trainees, prompt response from Trainual staff if there's an issue, and it takes away the excuse of "I didn't know" as new staff onboards (the admin dashboard with progress reporting is magic!)

Cons

Nothing to note at this point. Any hiccups or new feature suggestions are always acknowledged quickly by the team...which isn't a bad thing at all!

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Michelle! We're so happy to hear Trainual has helped your company train as you grow.

Stephanie from Freedom Home Services

Manual Meets the Perfect Training Guide

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! I can't say enough great things about Trainual! I tell everyone I know about this amazing tool!

Pros

We love the usability of this software. Whether you are at a desktop or on the job site, you are always connected to the information you need.

Cons

The ability to sort by department, but you guys are already working on that !! :)

Response from Trainual

Replied June 2021

Hi Stephanie. Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review We appreciate you taking the time to write it. And we're so excited to hear that you absolutely love Trainual! That made our day reading that. As for the ability to sort by department - you are right! We are working on that Expect some updates real soon. We look forward to continuing to work with you! And if you ever need anything from us, always feel free to reach out.

Zachary from Lumina Solar

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Excellent product for building out your companies training program

its great we do enjoy using it and its really helped us a lot

Pros

Very easy to use and track progress. Also very easy to add and move subjects and sections from various courses to other courses. in other words easy to build and easy to reorganize when needed as changes in the company occur.

Cons

sometimes difficult in the way things are laid out, wouldnt mind if it were a bit more intuitive on the home screen for reps to navigate through

n/a

Response from Trainual

Replied November 2020

Hi Zachary, thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that the platform has been helpful to your business! We appreciate your feedback about usability and will be sure to note it for our Product Team. Please let us know if you have any other feedback or questions!

Benjamin from Applied Behavioral Analysis Services

Excellent and efficient training solution.

Trainual is well executed in its layout, using mostly common and current web standards. It loads fast, is mobile friendly, and simple from both creator and user experience. I was up and running almost immediately and worked through the how-to guide as I went. Moving processes into training modules helps heightens the awareness that all company processes need to be documented, trainable, and scalable. Rollout to users has been easy and feedback has been great.

Pros

Trainual is a well executed and easy to use solution for moving training onto the cloud. My favorite aspect about using the software is how it trains content creators think more about their work processes, which increases efficiency and scalability.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. For future improvements I would like to see a dark mode, which would help with users who check into content late at night. On mobile, the topic steps stay at the top of the screening the actual step contents require scrolling below the steps list - this UI section could be improved.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Benjamin! You can submit suggestions (like your night mode one) at trainual.com/ideas!

Shannon from Journey Business Solutions

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Trainual is awesome.

Really good.

Pros

Very easy to navigate. Works well on devices, too.

Cons

None. I like how this software delivers a comprehensive training method.

Response from Trainual

Replied April 2021

Hey Shannon! Thanks so much for your review of Trainual. We think you're awesome too! And we're excited to hear that it's been easy for you to use. If you ever have any questions, always feel free to reach out!

Rhonda from SMA Marketing

Trainual Enabled our Agency to Systemize our Processes

My team and I are enjoying using trainual. Highly recommend!

Pros

I love the ease of use in setting up subjects, topics, and steps and adding users to subjects. It has changed the way our agency systemizes our processes and trains our team.

Cons

I would love the ability to tag subjects so users can sort by tags.

Response from Trainual

Replied April 2021

Hi Rhonda! Thanks so much for your amazing review. We're happy to hear that Trainual has been easy to use, and that it's helped to systemize your processes! And we appreciate the feedback on subject tagging. We're working on ways to improve our subject organization, so stay tuned for that! If you have any questions, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help.

Lackeshia from Dorm Room Movers

This Has made Training Easy

Pros

The setup, the ease of adding and editing information in the created content is of great importance. Our company is always growing and with growth comes changes. Being able to make these changes quickly is vital. As a user, I find that navigating from one topic to the other is just like doing an online course, this makes me grasp the information more quickly.

Cons

I have no issues with this. Trainual is the best training software I have ever used.

Response from Trainual

Replied November 2020

Hi Lackeshia! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. We're so glad to have you as a member of the Trainual community for over 2 years, and we're thrilled that you're still loving the software. Please reach out if there's anything at all we can help with!

Ross from Group 46:10 Network

Great for small and medium business documentation

Trainual has been a great platform for us to document our business practices. We've also used it as a learning automation software for all of our training purposes. Great product.

Pros

Trainual is very easy to use and has very good functionality. Their support team is very responsive to questions and issues. New features are consistently rolled out and the product is getting better by the month. It's a great value.

Cons

A few small bugs here and there, but nothing that is too irritating. Any bug I run into usually gets resolved within a day or two.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Ross! It's always nice to hear from you and we know you'll love everything we have planned for 2019 :)

Steve from Scorpion

Training and Certifying our Sales People

We needed to find a practical and reliable system to deploy our sales processes to all of the sales people quickly and ensure that each is competent and familiar with the sales guidelines and processes established by the sales management team

Pros

How easy it is to use for both the administrators and end users

Cons

The interface could be much more sexy making this even more appealing to the end users

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the positive review, Steve! We're working to make our interface better everyday, but you can submit any requests at trainual.com/ideas. :)

Michael from The Exercise Coach

Great Platform

This was a major upgrade from the Litmos system. Easier to navigate. Compatible with mobile devices is huge! Video integration is much improved. The fun factor was also a big step up.

Pros

Finally a platform that is intuitive, more compatible, and fun to work with.

Cons

Would be nice to have an administrative level access, ( permissions below my corporate franchise system), that would allow me to log in and monitor the progress of all my employees. Acquiring all their credentials and having to log in individually as them, is a pain.

Corp Franchise decision

Response from Trainual

Replied November 2020

Hi Michael! Thanks for sharing your candid Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the software and that it's been an upgrade from your previous system. We'll be sure to note your feedback about permissions - we're constantly iterating and want to make Trainual as beneficial as possible! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional product requests or any questions. We're here to help!

Renea from Superior Fence & Rail Pensacola

Excellent Learning Tool!

Pros

This tool is excellent for training employees whether you have 1 or 1000 team members. I love that you can always refer back to a section if you forget how to do something.

Cons

Not all modules in the software apply to every team member, I wish there was a way to omit modules that certain employee types didn't need.

Response from Trainual

Replied April 2021

Hi Renea - thank you so much for leaving us an awesome review! We're so happy to hear that Trainual has leveled up your employee training experience. And we appreciate your feedback on omitting modules. One way to make specific modules invisible for employees who don't need the training is to go into the Admin view of a subject, click the three dots on the top right of the screen, and then toggle the "Available in Library?" option off. That way, only the employees you grant access to use that module will be able to see it in their library. Here is a picture to reference where the toggle is located: https://imgur.com/a/0GSrJxk. If you need anything else from us, always feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to help. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Kirk from Ferguson Moving and Storage

will use for every business i open

great

Pros

Search feature being able to look up what i ineed when i need it

Cons

the website not loading at times being down and unable to open

Response from Trainual

Replied December 2020

Hi Kirk, thanks so much for leaving your review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with load time, and it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that Trainual has been impactful to your business and we're always here if you have additional feedback or any questions.

Leilah from WorthPointe

Using Trainual to document everything and anything about your company!

Overall we are very pleased with Trainual. Our biggest hurdle is getting information OUT of people's heads and onto "paper" so that others can benefit from the knowledge or pick up the pieces if the need arises. Trainual is a great tool to do just that!

Pros

I really like the organizational structure of Trainual. I love that I can leave it open on my desktop and add things QUICKLY (drag/drop/cut/paste/add links or images) and without getting too side-tracked.

Cons

I'd like to be able to keep a consistent view in the main SUBJECTS page. They give you two options, Card View and Outline View. Outline View is much more intuitive to me (perfect for linear thinkers...) but unfortunately the default is Card View so every time I go to the main SUBJECTS page I have to toggle back to my preferred view.

Response from Trainual

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Leilah! We do have changing your default Subject view on our roadmap, so I'll be sure to let you know when we release that! :) Thanks again for being a loyal customer!

Ian from Knotty Tie Co

Industry: Textiles

Great training platform

Overall their quality of support has been excellent with great webinars to help guild and show new features.

Pros

Initially i thought that trainual was "too simple" in that i was not able to build out huge heirarchys of subject matters, but after talking with them and going through the training it makes a lot more sense now. We are successfully building out a complete training for our operators and enjoy the platforms ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see a bit more functionality in the testing options, specifically the ability to "choose all that apply" type of questions. The publishing and granting access it also not very intuitive as i have found that when i click publish, that doesn't necessarily mean it will show in someone eases library without assigning it to them.

Response from Trainual

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the review, Ian! Select all in multiple choice is definitely on our feature request board - Feel free to add any other suggestions to trainual.com/ideas :)