• Pros

• "We love that this is the closest thing to the actual state test they will take and it truly helps to prepare them with the performance tasks!"

• "It is an easy program for students to use. The questions are a great match to our state test. It is easy to see growth and assign individualized work for students. I love this program!"

• "The customer service is great. It puts the responsibility back on the kids for practice and shows them their progress and how then can practice the material. "

• Cons

• "While the interface can be a little difficult to navigate, you can pick it up with one of their training sessions. "

• "There’s not a lot of bad things about this software but I wish it could be used more out of middle and high school."

• "There are no major cons. It would be nice if I could get the USATP gradebook to sync with mine. I spend a lot of time transferring grades. Other than that, I can't think of any cons."

Browse USATestprep Reviews

Russell from Education

Great for the SPED community

Classroom-based teacher

Pros

From a SPED perspective, USATestPrep is a great asset to have in your toolkit! It allows individuals to have an individualized learning plan, if the teacher puts in just a little effort. Here are the pros: - Students can independently see their strengths and weaknesses and work to improve - Teachers can offer remediation to small groups of kids who need help with specific topics - There's a variety of ways to practice: question sets, performance tasks, reading assignments, videos, games, puzzles. Lots of ways to engage diverse learners. - Teachers can control the difficulty of questions being asked. It's awesome! - Teachers can shorten assignments (which is often an accommodation on the IEP) with the click of a button. - This could be used as an extra support in a resource classroom to supplement what teachers are doing in the classroom. - It's easily navigated by students and teachers.

Cons

No real cons stick out from a SPED perspective. I suppose one could say that because there's so much here, an individual could get "lost in the weeds" at first. But USATestPrep provides a lot of help and has great customer support, so just be patient and this will not be a problem. One may also feel that it's a steep price if funding is a difficulty, but when you consider all that's available through the platform - it really is worth it.

Corey from Lakeview Middle School

An educational masterpiece

Pros

The functionality of this project is superior to any of its kind. It’s aligned specifically to the standards that my students have to master and differentiated to reach each individual student. This makes my teaching preparation and colleague collaboration much more effective and efficient. I would recommend this to any teacher of any grade, content area, and level of student.

Cons

I like all the features involved with this program.

Reasons for Choosing USATestprep

Functionality, user friendly, relevance, rigor, and data planning.

Peter from Evansville-Vanderburgh School Corp.

A potentially useful test prep program

USATestprep is an excellent idea. We used it as an organization for several years to help students prepare for high-stakes tests. Others are likely to have had better outcomes than I did, but this program wasn't for my students. We stopped using the program two years ago, so I also hold out hope they've revamped these questions. Some aspects of the program are highly worthwhile.

Pros

I really enjoyed how easy it was to sign up students for this program after we purchased a lesson. It integrated well with our class rosters. The games and activities were refreshing and fun for the students. Some (but not nearly all) of the questions were also worthwhile.

Cons

I used USA Test Prep to prepare students for the AP exams and our statewide graduation-required exam. I stopped using the program because it had serious issues with aligning questions to the standards. We found numerous questions that were not written at the correct level (Bloom's Taxonomy) and numerous others that were mis-categorized (i.e., fiction categorized as nonfiction). This is a paid program, so I was disappointed by this fact.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2019

Hi Peter, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always improving our alignment and are usually able to make adjustments to questions same day at teacher request. We'd be happy to offer you a free re-activated trial to review all updates made.

Amanda from Warren County Schools

Great for students!

It has been wonderful for my entire school. Plus, customer service has been extremely helpful when needed.

Pros

Cons

I wish that the program had the ability to divide the students by subgroups. That would help my data gathering.

Doris from DeKalb County Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Excellent and Fun Software for Test Practice!

Simply an excellent experience overall.

Pros

My 6th graders love practicing their skills on USA Test Prep! They are challenged by some questions but the hints help them and they love that part! They are so ready for the testing in the spring that they tell me how easy the Milestones is for them. The students tell me that the best part of USA TEST PREP is that the questions use the same wording as Milestones, so they get used to the wording and know what to do when they see it. Overall an EXCELLENT product!

Cons

If I had to find something that I don't like, and this is being picky, every once in a great while there is a question with a word that the kids don't know. It's never a word that's vital to the question yet not knowing it causes the kids to stop, get a little off track with the math, and try to figure out the word. I am trying to remember an example but cannot....

I'm not sure

Kelly from Roseland Park Elementary

Great for differentiation in classrooms!

I have enjoyed using USAtestprep in my classroom, I will continue to use it as long as we have it here at my school.

Pros

I like that the curriculum is rigorous and straight to the point. My students can work on targeted areas of weakness and strength so that I can give them work that they need. Each student can have a login and not worry about being singled out for needing to work on a lower area. The tests are also awesome for setting of assessments that are preparing them for the end of the year.

Cons

When the website crashes, it throws the routine off. It doesn't happen often, but it sometimes has caused problems.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2019

Hi Kelly -- Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. (We know how busy teachers are!) It means a lot to us to hear how our product is working for students and you've obviously got a strong grip on one of the best features - personalized learning for students. Thanks again, and we hope you have a great school year!

Amy from Habersham Central High School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

USA Test Prep makes differentiation easy!

I have been able to prepare students for standardized tests, raising scores significantly. I can also document how students are progressing on individual standards using differention.

Pros

USA Test Prep allows me to help my students based on the standards. I can assign practice, tasks, games, or tests based on class weaknesses or individual weaknesses. It automatically tracks how each student is progressing on each standard. This saves me a ton of time! Their customer service goes above and beyond. They not only answer a question but go the extra step to give you suggestions if it is an issue they cannot fix.

Cons

Occasionally there are not enough questions for a standard (but if I email them to ask for more, they work on it!)

Carol from Cobb County School District

UTP: the Equalizer

UTP has provided our educators with a new level of confidence and engagement in meetings and in their classroom. No longer is one teacher standing alone in the data room. All teachers are able to access their data in real-time and provide feedback and assistance to the end user which is the learner.

Pros

When I go through a day and teachers that I work with feel good about assessment and assessment results it is a very good day. UTP has leveled the field in public education. Now all teachers can easily generate reports, disseminate data, collaborate in a meaningful way in PLC’s that can truly be data driven.

Cons

Would like more questions and standards alignment in a few areas

Donna from Dodge County High School

USA TestPrep Increases Student Engagement and Learning

My classes have shown growth in their performance on the Milestone assessment based on their practice and remediation within USA TP. I could not prepare my classes for their Milestone assessment without the resources of USA TP.

Pros

As an American literature teacher, my classes use this software weekly to prepare for the Milestone assessment. I love the ease of use of the software to create and grade assessments. Most useful are the options available to pull reports and compare data. The embedded data comparisons save me valuable time that I can spend planning instruction rather than crunching numbers.

Cons

I would like to see USA TP offer more American literature specific passages. Currently, our ninth grade teachers often use some of the same nonfiction passages that we use in eleventh grade. With more American literature specific passages, we can ensure that our assessments are accurate.

Reasons for Choosing USATestprep

USA TP has all the features for creating and analyzing assessment data that is necessary for data-driven instruction.

Lea from Jay School corp

USAtestprep in the classroom

It has been a great addition to our curriculum! I strongly recommend it

Pros

We use the program for many things. We can monitor growth of a student and or a class. We can easily help a student with remediation on their weak areas. We use the assessments for each standard along with the associated enrichment assignments. Since using the program our score on the ECA have risen.

Cons

I really have no complaint. I love the program and any issue we have ever had was quickly resolved.

Reasons for Choosing USATestprep

Never really looked at any other program

Kristie from FCMS

USA Test Prep: An Invaluable Classroom Resource

My overall experience with USA Test Prep has been very positive. Customer service and training opportunities are excellent. The ability to individualize, remediate, review, and enrich my current curriculum is a life saver.

Pros

USA Test Prep lightens my teaching load by giving me a comprehensive bank of resources that are aligned with my curriculum. Bell ringers, formative and summative assessments, tutorial videos, data, a grade book and so much more are well organized and easy to use for both teachers and students. Students and teachers both receive immediate and valuable feedback with which to improve student learning. Students enjoy the games and performance based activities, and I love how much they have learned and how well they have performed on state testing since incorporating this resource into my curriculum. My students have bragged to me that the state test was easy because of the activities they completed on USA Test Prep.

Cons

Honestly, the only con that I have found is that the program offers so many resources, it can be difficult at first to learn it all. However, the support the company provides is excellent, so every question I have ever had has been taken care of immediately.

Response from USATestprep

Replied June 2019

Kristie, Many thanks for the review-- you made our Friday! We agree with your comment about there being so many resources, it can be easy to miss some of the options. We're working on making sure our teachers know EVERYTHING that is available to them and how to use it. If you ever have any suggestions on ways we can best let teachers know about some of the less frequently used (but no less important) options, let us know. Thanks again! Your USATestprep team

Jacqueline from Arabia Mountain High School

USATestprep allows me the. opportunity to gather real time data to differentiate my instruction.

Pros

I like the fact that student get immediate feedback. It allows me to which elements they are weak in. I am able to assign different assignments to students in the same class.

Cons

I do not like the following: - unable to share assignments with teachers from other schools - unable to time assignments - students are able to copy and paste questions in web bowser

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for your review! The only type of assessment that can be shared among schools is a district-level benchmark, which is typically managed by a district administrator. As far as sharing all other assignment types, those can only be shared among teachers at the same school. However, I¿ll be happy to pass along your suggestion. Every student result shows the start and end time, along with the elapsed time so that you can quickly see how long it took for the student to complete the assignment. As far as a timer option goes, that is something our development team has considered adding to benchmarks only. Unfortunately, this is a potential downside to anytime a student is working on the internet. Our programmers are planning to block copy and paste functionality in certain areas of the site, such as vocabulary and short answer terms. Since free response questions are teacher-graded, we leave those answers up to your discretion whether they seem valid.

Yolanda from Leadership Preparatory Academy

USATestPrep is an exceptional tool for teachers to utilize in the enrichment of daily lessons.

Easy data analysis with ease of teacher training. This product definitely improves standardized testing scores and student test stamina. As a daily lesson enhancement tool, this software is top notch.

Pros

I like having the ability to differentiate instruction and testing utilizing this software. I served as the administrator for my school and creating professional development opportunities was a breeze as the teachers were able to effectively use the software in their classrooms. As well being able to troubleshoot problems was easy. Students found that the activities were engaging and not overly time consuming. The test data was displayed in such a way that analyzing was made simple whether the teacher is a first year or a veteran.

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons for this software. I have utilized it and administered it in three different schools and I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Sandra from Treasure Coast High School

We use USA Test Prep throughout our entire school.

Pros

It is aligned with FSA. Our students could practice with a benchmark any time they liked. It really helped with our overall FSA scores.

Cons

I would like to be able to see old scores along with retake scores. I would also like to be able to see everything the student does even if they don't identify the teachers they want to see it.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Hi Sandra, Thank you for your review! In your assignment and benchmark results, you can see the students¿ original scores and retry scores displayed together (original on top and retry directly below). However, in your gradebook, you do have to toggle back and forth between original and retry. If you would like to see everything that a student has completed, even what they chose not to report, then you can log in to the student¿s account (go to your Classes tab ¿> gear icon on far right ¿> Login link next to the student¿s name) and go to the Graded Work button on their home page. That will give an overall list of everything they¿ve completed on the site.

Dorothy from Lemon Bay High School - Charlotte County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

As I've learned more about the features in USAtestprep, I have been able to individualize !!!

It is a resource that provides individualized practice of their specific areas of need. Students can see their results, the correct answers, practice specific skills they need to improve, they can practice those skills in a variety of ways, they can choose the skills they want to work on, they can access from any place they can get internet, they can follow their progress, and we can work together, using their data to talk about their needs. I love this program.

Pros

Being able to individualize to each student's specific needs. The ability to use for both formative and summative evaluations. The games feature that has the students working hard on skills to be able to play a short game. Earning tokens for games by working harder on their practices.

Cons

Hard to really think of any. As I've expressed my concerns, USAtestprep has been on top of accommodating my classroom needs. Not having workshops offered on weekends. I would like longer ones on weekends. The 1/2 day one I attended was too packed. I'd like more time to use the program as we're going over the things. And, I'd like to have the workshop on days I don't have to be out of the classroom - summer or weekend.

Heather from Yale Public Schools

Individualized Learning

USATP has been a lifesaver when it comes to collecting data, providing differentiated learning for all students, and tracking student progress on our state standards.

Pros

My favorite aspect is the ability to automatically assign each student practice based on his or her lowest area on a test. I do this after a pretest so that students are able to practice exactly what they need before the post test.

Cons

I dislike that one teacher can turn the arcade off for the entire site. I know when I am gone and a sub has my class, I like to turn the arcade off. But that means I am turning it off for another teacher's class.

Reasons for Choosing USATestprep

You pay for the use per test, not per student. Much more feasible for a small district such as ours.

Karen from Georgia Cyber Academy

USATP is easy to use and gives multiple ways to remediate and test students.

Pros

I like having real-time data on their performance, as well as giving the students multiple ways to study and remediate on their own.

Cons

As a British Literature teacher, there are few passages that I can use to create exams for my students, which is how my school uses this software. I would like to have more DOK level 3 multiple choice questions for a wider range of texts. Also, it would be easier to have more questions for each passage, instead of assigning so many passages to the students in order to fulfill our DOK & standard minimum.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Karen, Thank you for your review and feedback. I have passed this to the head of our ELA content team. If you haven't already, we suggest searching by passages, and sorting them according to how many questions are in each.

Dianne from Wilcox County High School

My students use USATestP daily to review, reinforce, and extend the learning that goes on in class.

Improved test scores. Better conversations in the classroom. More engagement from my students. Easier communication with parents.

Pros

I love that the questions can be ordered by DOK, Standard, or domain. The different set ups allow me to differentiate in my class based on lexile and development. I can also create assignments that check for learning at the element, standard, and domain level.

Cons

I dislike that a printed quiz can only be 30 questions. Many of my students (live in rural area) don't have internet connection at home. So I print out the questions for them to complete at home. It's aggravating to have to print 3 different tests in order to ensure the students have access to all the questions.

Patricia from East Coweta High School

Having used USA Test Prep in multiple settings, it is a very user-friendly and worthwhile program.

Students have individual needs met.

Pros

I love the fact that remediation can be created off of benchmarks. It's user friendly on that aspect. The times I have "issues" or wishes with it, I can contact customer service and often their response is that they are working on it or they will forward it to the development team. Some suggestions I have made in the past have been implemented.

Cons

The gradebook is cumbersome. Remediation doesn't fit easily in it. I wish remediation could come off of more than just the benchmarks.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Patricia, Thank you for your feedback. I agree about the Gradebook. The Gradebook is on our list of features to improve. Remediation can also be assigned from the Progress Report by clicking on a dot.

Melissa from Education Management

Boost your test scores with rigorous practice.

I have had to contact support a couple of times and they are always wonderful at helping.

Pros

I use this in my classroom as well as with my personal children who are home-schooled. I have been using USA Test Prep for 5 years and consider it a required tool for my teaching. It allows me to assign students assignments that are individualized for their learning and makes grading very easy.

Cons

It does not allow for Spanish speaking students who are just learning English. As a home school parent it is too costly since I have to buy one subject at a time.

Tyler from Immokalee Middle School

Absolutely GREAT customer support. They respond quickly and work with you in many ways.

Pros

The incredibly amount of data and sorting it provides is truly great, and makes work on the teacher much less incredulous. The truth is that teachers generally know where students and what skills are appropriate to teach them. Sometimes, though, I was surprised to see that I was differentiating for a particular student incorrectly, and USATestPrep's data helped me to see where the student's weaknesses truly were. Moreover, when your department asks you for data, USATestPrep makes it INCREDIBLY simple to generate graphs. This used to take at least an hour in Excel with hand-graded tests, but now only takes a few minutes.

Cons

There are very few cons, but I wish there were more options to create your own questions. You can create your own questions to use on tests, but not to include in assignments yet. I think there needs to be a few more options in the question creation tool as well, such as to upload a picture for the answer choices.

Cecil from Scurry-Rosser Independent School District

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I've been using this software for several years (5+) and it's been a great resource in that time.

This software has actually taught me a lot about data collection and learning how to use numbers to track student progress, plan for student interventions, and to build / rebuild skills throughout the course of the year. I've had great success with this software personally and have had 97%+ of my students pass the state tests each year.

Pros

I love how user-friendly the software is, I've tried other software types to do the same thing and some are very cumbersome and time consuming. This one is the best I've encountered so far for ease in building benchmarks and collecting data. Additionally, it's got so much more from simple worksheet generators, to prebuilt worksheets, bell ringers, videos, educational games, etc.

Cons

There are two things, I'd like to have it setup so that I can enter parent emails alongside student accounts so that the results of the students can be shared with the parents when I want them to be easily. I'd also like the ability to do a bit more with the data I collect.

Alison from Imagine School at North Port

Valuable educational resource

Pros

The ease in finding resources correlated to state standards allows for me to plan with more ease, and to find engaging yet rigorous activities for students. The ability to differentiate lessons and activities based on the benchmark assessments I create also is a highlight of the program. Lastly, the printable resources assist me in differentiating for centers or small group instruction.

Cons

I think it would be great if the lessons were adaptive to students' needs other than just after a benchmark assessment.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Alison, Thank you for writing this review.

Lisa from Hazelwood School District

USATP helped my students study and prepare independently.

Pros

My students could be independently working toward individualized goals, and my higher achievers could challenge themselves with higher level assignments.

Cons

The gradebook interface was awkward. You couldn't import the grades from a spreadsheet into your gradebook because the values were fractions, not total points. Assigning independent practice gave you dozens of columns with a single number for that student, which was a waste of space, and you can't just click checkboxes to hide columns in a batch, you have to do it individually and wait for the reload.

Michelle from Georgia Cyber Academy

I have been using USA TestPrep for years in the classroom and have always found it effective.

Pros

I love the options and ability to create assignments/benchmarks, gather data, and analyze results in one place. There are many great assignment options that can range from creating modules with videos and vocabulary to creating mini assignments with performance tasks to creating and assigning benchmark tests. I love the game opportunities for students as well. The questions are always directly tied to the standards at various levels, and if there is ever a question that does not match our standards, USA TestPrep works to correct it quickly!

Cons

I love all parts of USA TestPrep, including the gaming options. I do not like the token system for older grades. I do wish that the token system for games could be turned off for some classes, as assigning optional games that are directly tied to the standards is a beneficial strategy.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Michelle, Thank you for this review you wrote.

Richard from Central Charter School

Aligned with Florida standards, sophisticated activities with interactive videos.

My students are able to master the standards because of continuous PRACTICE that the software allowed. Students love the drag and drop activities not to mention the games. My students benefited academically.

Pros

Readily available videos, able to differentiate course work/activities/assignments for students, ability to group students, platform is form clear/user-friendly and it gives teachers options.

Cons

Not too many cons but here goes... Reports are not always clear and some activities/assignments are not iPad friendly.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Richard, Thank you for writing us a nice review.

Tonya from Lawton Public Schools

The content is very engaging for our students and the data given is amazing!

Pros

I love how it engages students in multiple ways and not just multiple choice questions. The data that we are given from the program is great to create our teacher action plans off of so we know what students to help and in what content areas. The students love that when they take a test on it that they get their scores immediately!

Cons

The only con I have found so far is sometimes the performance task or the questions may not match the Oklahoma standard correctly.

Response from USATestprep

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your review!

Cindy from Couch Middle School

Best bang for your buck

EXCELLENT experience! My student scores on state and county assessments are always higher due to the practice they do with USA Test Prep

Pros

1) ease of use for teachers 2) ease of use for students 3) automated gradebook 4) alignment to my standards 5) capability to use vertical planning with other teachers and within my classes

Cons

Have nothing to write here as I have loved this program since the first day I used it with students!

Reasons for Choosing USATestprep

Better platform, ease of use, number of question options, support

Emily from Bourbon High School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

USATestPrep in a high school classroom

My student’s test scores have risen since using USA test prep. They are more confident in their skills and knowledge. It has made teaching a tested content much easier.

Pros

My students love the ease of this program and how user friendly it is. The data allows me to make data driven decisions with my instruction and curriculum. The question bank is vast and it’s a rarity if my students come across the same question more than once in a practice session.

Cons

Sometimes the questions can be misleading.

Shane from Greenville County Schools

Great test prep program. Arguably one of the best out there.

Pros

As a classroom teacher, USATP was phenomenal piece of the puzzle I used to ensure students were mastering content, progressing toward goals, determining gaps in knowledge, and engagement. Tons of pros with USATP. There's variety - whole class activities and games, preloaded assessments and quiz banks, performance tasks, benchmarking, review videos, interactive and content-based games.

Cons

Because there are so many great things about USATP, it takes some time to learn your way around. With that said, however, USATP has a great and helpful staff who are quick to help and offer advice. In some content areas, such as state history, USATP struggles to provide relevant questions in the bank. However, they have greatly improved over the last 7 years.

Response from USATestprep

Replied February 2018

Shane, Thank you for your review!

Michelle from Cartersville City Schools

USATESTprep Review

We do a lot in the science classroom, but it is the best for getting our students prepared for the BIo Milestones.

Pros

It is an invaluable resource for preparing my students for the GA Biology Milestones Test. In addition, it has great bell ringers for daily use and the students love the immediate feedback as do I! They also like the games as positive reinforcement.

Cons

There needs to be some additional questions about age-structure diagrams and more questions on a few other topics or concepts, but they are extremely quick in responding and adding questions if we make them aware as classroom teachers.

Reasons for Choosing USATestprep

It is user friendly, great questions that represent content and has different difficulty levels to address differentiation, a "buzz" word in education right now.

Cassandra from Cyber Academy of SC

Great test prep. Easy to see where students are and what standards to enrich.

Pros

I enjoy the depth of the question bank. There are performance tasks and free response questions. There are benchmarks, practice, games. Students love the games. There are games to use with the whole class also.

Cons

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Thank you for reviewing us.

Kelly from South Carolina Connections Academy

SCCA Loves USATestPrep

Pros

We love USATP at our school. We actually use the program for all of our unit tests and for our benchmarks. We use the Green Dot Challenge for our test corrections. Our students know how to sign in and practice on their own. We are actually using USATP school-wide for all of benchmarks this year. CUstomer Service is always willing to help me, even when I call them with crazy questions.

Cons

I wish there was curriculum for K-2 grade.

Shane from Greenville County Schools

Science teacher for 6 years, Instructional Technology Facilitator for 1+ years

- increased student test scores - better grasp on where my students were strong/weak - extra practice for my students - new ways of teaching material

Pros

USATP is a powerful tool for educators in all disciplines. My favorite features are: - ability to build folders with assignments based on student abilities - an on-going "report card" being created on students, so you know their strengths and weaknesses - games - my students enjoy playing the games in their freetime - rigorous questions that are standards-based and in line with state standardized tests - the ability to assign various types of performance tasks requiring all sorts of thinking/skills - ability to give badges, which encourage student engagement

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Shane, Thank you for reviewing USATestprep. We appreciate you.

Killian from Westside Middle School

USATestPrep: Setting students up for success!

USATestPrep has been a great resource for my classroom. It allows me to easily differentiate tests, homework, classwork, remediation, and classroom activities. I can assign students practice based on what they need. I also love having my students do the Green Dot Challenge, where they compete to get green dots showing mastery on all of their content standards by the end of the year. Students get excited to play the games on USATestPrep, and they do really well interpreting the explanations and justifying their responses. Overall it's a great tool for teaching, review, and assessing students growth! My classroom has grown since we started using USATestPrep.

Pros

The questions aligned perfectly with the standards and used vocabulary that made them similar to state test questions.

Cons

I wish there was an explanation for why questions were assigned the DOK levels they had.

Veronica from KIPP

Great resource for review and test creation

Pros

I love the ability to assign assignments based on the strengths and weaknesses of my students. I also like that I am able to create my own test and review material that may not have been mastered in class.

Cons

There is not adequate material for the entire content area and some information is not up to date. Some material is also not aligned with my standards.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Veronica, Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on being aligned to the state standards. When you find a question that is not aligned, please use the feedback button to send a report to our content team so they can fix the item.

Karen from White Bear Lake HS

Great to use as a pretest tool and the final test. Easy for students to use. LOTS of topic ideas!

Pros

Cons

It takes a while to look at everything. There is a lot of material and a nice variety of options. If you are not comfortable with a computer it may take you a while to figure out how this software could work best for you.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Karen, Thank you for your review. We now offer free training webinars and paid in-person training to help you and your colleagues master USATestprep.

John from ERM Education

Great for the classroom and diagnostic testing

Pros

Easy to set up and save test questions, individual tests, run data, etc. This is our goto source for diagnostic and formative testing

Cons

It would be great if the program would allow you to throw out questions that appear statistically unreliable and rescore the tests for you, as well as show a curve option.

Response from USATestprep

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

Paula from Lee County Middle School West

USA Test Prep provides many different types of questions for students all in a user friendly package

Pros

The user friendly assignment set-up for teachers makes this a no brainer. It truly takes minutes to create an assignment with multiple choice questions, vocabulary exercises, games, open-ended critical thinking questions, and a post-test. The questions for math are excellent, often with diagrams and tables that would are difficult to find elsewhere. I have been a USA Test Prep user for over five years. It is a staple in my classroom.

Cons

There truly isn't much I don't love about USA Test Prep. But I would love to see even more questions generated for certain topics in math. It would be great to have more good questions to choose from.

Response from USATestprep

Replied July 2017

Paula, Thank you for your review.

George from Dekalb County School Dist./Clarkston HS

Good

User friendly. It gives me useful reports to support the teaching and learning of the students. It maintains the data for a long enough time. The reports are easy to read.

Pros

95% flexibility in getting useful reports. The students can self-teach by the step by step solutions provided when triggered by the teacher.

Cons

No pretests; have to use benchmarks. USATestPrep needs to move quicker in synchronizing with Georgia's yearly "jerking" around with the curriculum. Now in Analytic Geometry Last year Unit 4 and unit 1 are interchanged. Hope you can keep up!

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Hi George, Thanks for your review. We do not organize our products by Units, we organize them according to the structure of the Milestones assessments. Please contact us for the document that details this.

Katrina from The Rise Charter School

Success of a Powerful program

My overall experience was exciting. I used to program to access my students and prepare for Testing prep. After seeing last years data, it’s a prime example of a productive program.

Pros

I like that the program offered a progress monitoring, to show me the students academic growth and progress.

Cons

Nothing , I love the full program. In its entirety.

Phil from Florence 4

A great way to prepare for a and track progress for any end of course test.

Pros

The ability to use it for bellwork, formative assessments, summative assessments, performance tasks, games, and review.

Cons

Some of the features I could not put onto the smart board. The tracking of student's progress is great, just wish there was a way to keep up with there progress and there weak areas quickly and easily.

Chris from INedependence School District.

USATestPrep has helped my students tremendously!

Pros

I like the different ways my students can access the information and have fun doing it. It allows the students to be able to venture out of their comfort zones.

Cons

The cost is he biggest concern that I know of. If the cost was much cheaper for Missouri, it would be better

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Hi Chris, We appreciate you reviewing USATestprep!

Allison from F.C. Schools

It has helped my 8th grade students grow!

Overall, I LOVE using USA test prep in my classes. When introduced carefully to students and monitored frequently, it helps students to grow in my class.

Pros

I liked that USA test prep gave my students practice that was rigorous and closely aligned with state standards.

Cons

The USA test prep site can be overwhelming at first. However, the free webinars and in-person trainings make a huge difference.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2019

Allison -- thank you for the kind review. We are actively looking at ways to help our teachers understand all the resources available to them on our platform without, as you say, feeling overwhelmed. We're getting there! However, we agree the trainings make a huge difference. Thanks, again!

Stacey from Bulloch County Schools

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

BEST test prep out there!

My students are MORE than ready to take the GMAS each year. This makes daily activities less daunting!

Pros

Ease of use for students makes for seamless classroom use! I love that I have a tool that allows students to visually see their progress via the dot ranks.

Cons

Sometimes hard to navigate back and forth from standards & performance tasks. I would like to be able to have students do multiple performance tasks in a row rather than having to go back to the standard each time.

Rebecca from W. Fred Scott Elementary Scott

USATestPrep has made me excited about using data & assessments again.

Pros

USATestPrep makes assessments quick & easy. In a matter of minutes I am able to determine my students' strengths & weaknesses. This program allows me to assign lessons based on those areas of weakness which means I'm intervening in a matter of minutes. RTI & remediation concerns have been eliminated with the ease of use this program allows.

Cons

USATestPrep is truly a unique program offering quick, formative assessments & immediate access to student data. The only drawback I've experienced so far is that some standards need more questions/practice available.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Rebecca, Thanks for your kind feedback.

Branden from Lake City High School

it is amazing

Pros

I like how the software is similar to the state exams at the end of the year, so students can figure out how to adjust to the test.

Cons

I dislike how the practice questions sometimes are from different sections that the students have not discussed.

Response from USATestprep

Replied August 2017

Branden, Thank you for your kind feedback.

Renee from Statesboro High School

Fantastic EOC review program

I taught Economics for a while and used the program to review for our end of course testing. The resources and questions are great. There are question types to choose from for reviews, crossword puzzles, writing prompts and so much great resources that all students using this should be ready for the tests. The grading system is very easy to understand as well.

Pros

I have taught for over 14 years and we have used this program for a large part of that time. All three school systems have used it. I love the large amount of resources in this site and the ability to track their progress.

Cons

There are so many resources on this site that there is nothing so can complain about. It’s amazing.

Shari from Wellington ISD

Well Worth the Money

I use it almost daily to help kids with the learning experience. I love it!

Pros

This program is vital to our study of American History and state testing.

Cons

The questions need to be updated yearly after the Texas STAAR test is released.

Reasons for Choosing USATestprep

I felt it was the best for my students.

sheri from Dorman High School

Pros

USATestPrep is incredibly easy for students and teachers to manage. The kids can easily navigate the site, complete assignments and see their grades.

Cons

There have been a few misspelled words and incorrect questions but nothing that cannot be managed.