Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Love everything about it Layout, ease, admin, checklists, ability to modify, reports and data entry is awesome."
  • icon"Easy to read and change themes for visual, integrates with different programs currently and adding more for ease."
  • icon"The customer service has been phenomenal. They are quick to help and have answers to all almost all our questions."
  • icon"And because I asked, they cancelled my service and took my data and refused to give it back without an extra fee of over $1,000 to get my own data back, even thought i did not give permission."
  • icon"I'm also receiving feedback on the application from my borrowers. They find the application a little confusing."
  • icon"There is no way to fully customize or add any features to the system. Adding in contacts for lenders has to be done by the software company versus doing it yourself."

Have you used LendingPad and would like to share your experience with others?

All LendingPad Reviews

My experience with Lending Pad

I am very pleased I made the move a couple years ago!

Pros

Lending Pad is very easy to use and manage compared to my prior LOS by Ellie Mae used for too many years. Integration to Lending Pad was not a difficult process. I create custom forms to be efficient and was able to also do this when I transferred to Lending Pad. Also. being able for more than one person to work on a loan file in the office or remotely was a big plus for me!

Cons

An LOS is an evolving program. I do not have complaints and make suggestions as needed.

Reasons for choosing LendingPad

I started with The Loan Handler in 1997 that became Elie Mae. After many years, I was more than ready to make a change to my LOS. I considered the Byte product introduced to me at NAMB Vegas, and by "chance" met Wes from Lending Pad at the NAMB booth. Wes gave me a brief demonstration on the spot and was impressed by the easy of use, simplicity, and lower cost. It's been two years and I never looked back!

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

I did not trust my prior LOS, especially in regards to determining cash needed to close. Ellie Mae was too big for a small company like mine. Customer service was difficult and the software was expensive for what I received.

Loving so far and still in Trial period!

Overall has been very good and anticipating a great working system for all aspects of the loan process. So far, love it and just anxious to finish learning and setting all up.

Pros

Easy to read and change themes for visual, integrates with different programs currently and adding more for ease. Love that Contacts are able to imported, DU/LP a since now, MCR reporting to be such a easy process now instead of creating spreadsheets, etc.. The list goes on...

Cons

1. Subject line when sending from system but, know it is being worked on. 2. Loan/File numbers automatically created but, cannot change format at the moment to my system (YY,MM,DD,...). This would allow a more streamed process of importing files, etc. Just trying to adjust to a new system and set up templates, etc. Once all is set up and also integrates w/ Jungo and Optimal Blue .. it will be awesome and save so much time!

Reasons for choosing LendingPad

Appearance of flow, processes, cost, integrations, others using system love it.

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

System was out dated and the final straw was the new URLA and issues along with things being deleted in the system completely. Very troubling for compliance issues.

Stuart

Good if and when they step up their support game

Needs to be more user-friendly, not very intuitive and you will need a good bit of training/setup to get going to full functionality. Simple things like bulk uploads of files need to be implemented because uploading your old files one at a time then the need to go into each file and set the LO as the correct person in charge of each loan is very time consuming then the lack of support when I needed them caused me to switch to one of their competitors (Arive). Zero response from billing department so be cautious of paying this for the full year because they will ghost you and do not offer any money back guarantee or even partial refund.

Pros

Some good features overall if you can get the support in a timely fashion to utilize them. Their ideas are good in general and tools can be helpful if you can either figure it out yourself or have the patience to wait for days for answers to simple requests.

Cons

I wanted to love LendingPad because it has some good functionality and the ideas they have implemented seem good on the surface, then there is the issue of submitting support tickets and them being prematurely closed when the solution to your problem is not provided. They took my money and ran and when it came down to having a simple conversation about my issues nobody was there to pick up the phone when you call, ever. Why have a phone number when you are not willing to speak to your customers. Multiple support tickets were closed without us having a resolution so it appears they really need to hire a lot more employees to manage their support tickets in a timely fashion

Reasons for choosing LendingPad

I didn't stick with LendingPad, ultimately switched to Arive.

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

Calyx was too old and didn't have good tech built in.

Response from LendingPad Corp

Mr. Carson, Our "phone" support is performed via pre-scheduled screen share in order for us to service all clients efficiently. You had also shared your credentials with a non-paying user which is not permitted according to our licensing terms. We are sorry that you did not have a good experience with support and will use this feedback to continue to improve our service.

Replied April 2021

I did not think it was possible.

Brilliant

Pros

The number one plus about LP is the cloud technology and ability to work anywhere with decent internet. I was skeptical about coming from deep-pocket lenders to choosing a solution for my own shop. I priced out Encompass the "gold standard" of LOS systems with its own set of quirks and problems. Over $100,000 for the scale needed to do the numbers that we want and that is in the first 18 months. Deployment is nonexistent with cloud-based SAAS platforms. No server, No laborious setup process and under $400 to get my whole team up and going. COST is the elephant in the room in most cases and while not cheap it is in line with the technology needed to do what LOS systems do. In the beginning, Calyx/Encompass was state of the art. However, In today's environment, you can fill a 1003 on a Facebook form. Lending pad makes everything esthetically pleasing and lightning-fast from anywhere on the planet. Kudos and a big Thank you from NorCapital.

Cons

There are only a couple and the team is working daily on new tech. We would like to see an app. The ability to have the client upload from a phone directly to the loan file. Additionally PRICING we need everyone to play ball and have a universal pricing formula so the guys and galls at LP don't need 6 months for each engine. As a broker I would like to have the ability to see pricing from all of our lenders in one dashboard for a specific client. These are not cons they are just wants!

-Cloud-Based-Cloud-Based-Cloud-Based-Cost-Learning curve-And of course

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

New brokerage and cost, at first. Now I wouldn't use anything else

Africa

Easy to Use for a Disperse Mortgage Company

I have found it easier to onboard new people with the software because it is cloud-based and thus easy to use. Also, because it is cloud-based, data is readily accessible by everyone in the company. Several people can be in the same file at once. Multiple people in the file at the same time was never an option with other loan origination systems.

Pros

The software itself is very intuitive. The different areas are organized around topics: borrower details, subject property details, loan details, etc.

Cons

Having used several different loan origination systems, I was missing in software marketing and loan term comparison applications.

Reasons for choosing LendingPad

The same reason we switched from Calyx Point - price, technology, and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

Price, technology, and ease of use.

Jay

A turn key solution for a start up brokerage

LendingPad gets the job done and the call reporting feature is amazing.

Pros

Lending Pad is easy to use and the pricing structure compared to other "legacy" providers is very favorable.

Cons

The interface isn't as intuitive as other solutions which can take some time getting used to.

Reasons for choosing LendingPad

The initial investment was marginal and the start up service/training was sufficient. The tech support on going has been very good.

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

We started a new brokerage and received a quote from another provider we'd used at a previous employer and it was a lot of investment for a product that hasn't been updated as it should have. I spoke to another friend who had recently opened their own firm and they highly recommended Lending Pad as a quick and easy way to get started without breaking the bank or getting tied up in a long term contract.

Zaheer

My overall

The overall experience has been great. I love the software it is easy to use once you get used to finding what you are looking for. There is room for improvements as with any other software.

Pros

I like that the software is web-based, this has our company security a little easier to handle.

Cons

There is no way to fully customize or add any features to the system. Adding in contacts for lenders has to be done by the software company versus doing it yourself. The customer chat box is great BUT it should be moveable to where you can access it as you try to follow the tech support instructions. There are add-ons with outside software vs LendingPad upgrades (CRM, Pricing, etc) It is sometimes a little longer to get support when you need a quick answer and there is no support phone number. Printing forms should be easier and accessible to all users. The customer link needs improvement and allows them to upload documents.

Friendly view

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

Calyx is still in the Stone Age. The software had a lot of issues and was a support nightmare. Security is a major issue and concern. The support staff is not friendly and responsive. Getting support took very long.

Wilkin

POS please

A good, simple POS so prospective clients can take an application will make Lending Pad a complete LOS in my perspective.

Pros

I like the support. I think rep does a great job!

Cons

It is really important to have a POS. I know that Lending Pad has been working on this for some time, but I'm not sure if it has been rolled out.

Simple to use

Switched from Retail to Mortgage Broker

Response from LendingPad Corp

Dear Wilkin, We offer an integrated POS solution as well as connecting to one of many reputable POS solutions in the market today. Please contact your AE for more information.

Alejandro

Amazing but not perferct

Great and easy to use.

Pros

easy to use. Viewing is all in one shot. Navigation is user friendly.

Cons

LOS needs more features. Like being able to upload specific documents to a specific condition. Like bank statements to be uploaded into bank statements section or at the very least after. To be more mobile friendly

Functionality and visually easier

Neil

Web Based Mortgage Origination

Customer service has been excellent, and response time through their help desk is under an hour. Typically our responses for trouble tickets is within 15 minutes,

Pros

Love the software - It's best strength is the ability to access it via a secured web portal. This takes loan origination to a new level as we can access the software from anywhere. The LOS user interface makes it simple to create and setup loans.

Cons

Not necessary but nice - more customization on screen layout and color options for the dashboard layouts. It makes it easier on the eyes when you stare at the screen for 8+ hours per day.

Response from WEI Technology

Dear Mr. Erickson, in Settings, Manage Company, you may change company color theme to one of the four combinations. In Q119 we will be adding more choices and screen layouts to the entire site including dashboard and allow more customized shortcuts. We are very much focused on user adoption and user experience in the coming year to continuously improve the platform. Thank you for your feedback and we value your business!

Replied November 2018

Martin

Lending Pad

Its easy to used being web based and allows me to work remote.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the information is easy to access.

Cons

The reports are not as easy as they could be.

Encompass

Cost and functionality.

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

Calyx has made no improvements in 20 years.

Kevin

Fantastic support

AUS is super easy. Reports are accurate

Pros

Very easy to use and the customer support is fantastic.

Cons

1003 is a little more cumbersome. I wish there was a flow that you could tab through section by section in order to not miss anything.

Encompass

More functional

Brian

Easy to learn, easy to use.

Being able to connect LendingPad to our CRM has been invaluable to serving our customer base.

Pros

LendingPad has the user in mind, it is easy to use and learn. The customer service has been phenomenal. They are quick to help and have answers to all almost all our questions!

Cons

Would love a customer interface, where customers can submit information directly to LendingPad

Reasons for switching to LendingPad

Needed a piece of technology that would communicate with our other technology needs

Bela

be ware

disappointed

Pros

didn't like the service - and now am forced to pay

Cons

I asked for directs how to cancel service because my renewal was coming. And because I asked, they cancelled my service and took my data and refused to give it back without an extra fee of over $1,000 to get my own data back, even thought i did not give permission

never again

switched back

Response from LendingPad Corp

Dear Ms. Basile, We looked at our records and found that we did cancel your service and close the account at your request. Data and documents in the account will be deleted permanently in 7 days after closure. However, in a later message, you contacted us to log back into the account to move your data. At that time the account was already closed, and the contract has already expired (1/19/2021). As instructed by our support, the only option at that time, prior to complete data deletion was to purchase one seat so we can re-activate the account. However, you were unwilling to do that. We hope this clarifies your questions and will take this feedback to further improve our service in the future. LendingPad CSR

Manny