• Pros

• "LendingPad has the user in mind, it is easy to use and learn. The customer service has been phenomenal. They are quick to help and have answers to all almost all our questions! "

• "The software itself is very intuitive. The different areas are organized around topics: borrower details, subject property details, loan details, etc."

• "The software is easy to use and the information is easy to access. "

• Cons

• "Would love a customer interface, where customers can submit information directly to LendingPad"

• "The reports are not as easy as they could be. "

• "Having used several different loan origination systems, I was missing in software marketing and loan term comparison applications."

Browse LendingPad Reviews

David from NorCapital Lending Corporation

I did not think it was possible.

Brilliant

Pros

The number one plus about LP is the cloud technology and ability to work anywhere with decent internet. I was skeptical about coming from deep-pocket lenders to choosing a solution for my own shop. I priced out Encompass the "gold standard" of LOS systems with its own set of quirks and problems. Over $100,000 for the scale needed to do the numbers that we want and that is in the first 18 months. Deployment is nonexistent with cloud-based SAAS platforms. No server, No laborious setup process and under $400 to get my whole team up and going. COST is the elephant in the room in most cases and while not cheap it is in line with the technology needed to do what LOS systems do. In the beginning, Calyx/Encompass was state of the art. However, In today's environment, you can fill a 1003 on a Facebook form. Lending pad makes everything esthetically pleasing and lightning-fast from anywhere on the planet. Kudos and a big Thank you from NorCapital.

Cons

There are only a couple and the team is working daily on new tech. We would like to see an app. The ability to have the client upload from a phone directly to the loan file. Additionally PRICING we need everyone to play ball and have a universal pricing formula so the guys and galls at LP don't need 6 months for each engine. As a broker I would like to have the ability to see pricing from all of our lenders in one dashboard for a specific client. These are not cons they are just wants!

-Cloud-Based-Cloud-Based-Cloud-Based-Cost-Learning curve-And of course

Reasons for Switching to LendingPad

New brokerage and cost, at first. Now I wouldn't use anything else

Africa from Financial Services

Easy to Use for a Disperse Mortgage Company

I have found it easier to onboard new people with the software because it is cloud-based and thus easy to use. Also, because it is cloud-based, data is readily accessible by everyone in the company. Several people can be in the same file at once. Multiple people in the file at the same time was never an option with other loan origination systems.

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

The same reason we switched from Calyx Point - price, technology, and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to LendingPad

Price, technology, and ease of use.

Bela from USA Mortgage Network, Inc. (MA1035)

be ware

disappointed

Pros

didn't like the service - and now am forced to pay

Cons

I asked for directs how to cancel service because my renewal was coming. And because I asked, they cancelled my service and took my data and refused to give it back without an extra fee of over $1,000 to get my own data back, even thought i did not give permission

never again

switched back

Response from LendingPad Corp

Replied April 2021

Dear Ms. Basile, We looked at our records and found that we did cancel your service and close the account at your request. Data and documents in the account will be deleted permanently in 7 days after closure. However, in a later message, you contacted us to log back into the account to move your data. At that time the account was already closed, and the contract has already expired (1/19/2021). As instructed by our support, the only option at that time, prior to complete data deletion was to purchase one seat so we can re-activate the account. However, you were unwilling to do that. We hope this clarifies your questions and will take this feedback to further improve our service in the future. LendingPad CSR

Jay from Jay Dacey Mortgage Team

A turn key solution for a start up brokerage

LendingPad gets the job done and the call reporting feature is amazing.

Pros

Lending Pad is easy to use and the pricing structure compared to other "legacy" providers is very favorable.

Cons

The interface isn't as intuitive as other solutions which can take some time getting used to.

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

The initial investment was marginal and the start up service/training was sufficient. The tech support on going has been very good.

Reasons for Switching to LendingPad

We started a new brokerage and received a quote from another provider we'd used at a previous employer and it was a lot of investment for a product that hasn't been updated as it should have. I spoke to another friend who had recently opened their own firm and they highly recommended Lending Pad as a quick and easy way to get started without breaking the bank or getting tied up in a long term contract.

Brian from Stewardship Mortgage

Easy to learn, easy to use.

Being able to connect LendingPad to our CRM has been invaluable to serving our customer base.

Reasons for Switching to LendingPad

Needed a piece of technology that would communicate with our other technology needs

Martin from Real Estate Financial Services

Lending Pad

Its easy to used being web based and allows me to work remote.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the information is easy to access.

Cons

The reports are not as easy as they could be.

Cost and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to LendingPad

Calyx has made no improvements in 20 years.

Brent from Assuarance Home Loans

Slow, cumbersome, and gotcha clause in their agreement.

Very bad, not recommended

Pros

I was lured by the idea that it would be a new and up to date processing option

Cons

The design is convoluted and cumbersome requiring me to click into multiple areas to get to information that should all be together (and then click back out). This equates to taking much more time to get things done than (what I thought was old) Calyx Point solution. It is also very slow to load each of the pages that I have to click into. The end result is that even though it is new software, it takes me much longer to get things done. I contacted them to cancel my account and their immediate response was "We do not offer refund once you are signed on, Please check your contract terms in the Settings / Subscription area of the application" That was the first sentence -- to refer me to their GOTCHA clause. It wasn't to troubleshoot or resolve concerns. Their pricing structure shows they don't have confidence in their own product.

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

I was sensitive to price and apparent features and benefits

Last month

Response from LendingPad Corp

Replied April 2021

Dear Mr. Knapp, You had signed up with the Broker Edition which requires an annual term. This product does not offer mid-term cancellation and refunds. We will use this review to continue to improve our service.

Manny from Optimal Mortgage Corporation

I found my LOS

I was looking for an alternative to Encompass or Point. It looks like I found it. Easy 1003 to complete or import. added my credit and DO credentials and I was off to the races.

Pros

The simplicity and user friendliness, the system has an easy to understand rhythm.

Cons

Too soon to criticize, everything looks promising at this point

functionality and cost

Cost

Neil from Pine Creek Financial Group LLC

Web Based Mortgage Origination

Customer service has been excellent, and response time through their help desk is under an hour. Typically our responses for trouble tickets is within 15 minutes,

Pros

Love the software - It's best strength is the ability to access it via a secured web portal. This takes loan origination to a new level as we can access the software from anywhere. The LOS user interface makes it simple to create and setup loans.

Cons

Not necessary but nice - more customization on screen layout and color options for the dashboard layouts. It makes it easier on the eyes when you stare at the screen for 8+ hours per day.

Response from WEI Technology

Replied November 2018

Dear Mr. Erickson, in Settings, Manage Company, you may change company color theme to one of the four combinations. In Q119 we will be adding more choices and screen layouts to the entire site including dashboard and allow more customized shortcuts. We are very much focused on user adoption and user experience in the coming year to continuously improve the platform. Thank you for your feedback and we value your business!

Corina from PB & Associates

Industry: Wholesale

Doesn't Import Entire file

scale of 1-10 I would say 9.5

Pros

Love everything about it Layout, ease, admin, checklists, ability to modify, reports and data entry is awesome! If your a new company that is just starting out and don't have to import files into their system. LOVE LOVE LOVE the program!

Cons

if your a company transfering over files from a different software it's not to my standards. Credit reports don't transfer and status dates don't transfer and if it's a file I import it sets it up as an current prospect when it's an old prospect and I can't change the date on prospect.

Response from WEI Technology

Replied October 2018

Hello, we appreciate the feedback. We do allow you to import up to 100 Fannie Mae 3.2 files from your old system at one time. If you need more, please open a ticket we can increase the limit for you. Credit report liabilities and report date transfer over to 1003/Critical Dates section. We will talk to engineering about allowing changing Prospect date. Anything else you can think of pls use Support -> New Features suggestions form inside of the platform to submit. We do review each entry. We appreciate you being a valued client.

Chris from Suarez Home & Finance Corp.

Loving so far and still in Trial period!

Overall has been very good and anticipating a great working system for all aspects of the loan process. So far, love it and just anxious to finish learning and setting all up.

Pros

Easy to read and change themes for visual, integrates with different programs currently and adding more for ease. Love that Contacts are able to imported, DU/LP a since now, MCR reporting to be such a easy process now instead of creating spreadsheets, etc.. The list goes on...

Cons

1. Subject line when sending from system but, know it is being worked on. 2. Loan/File numbers automatically created but, cannot change format at the moment to my system (YY,MM,DD,...). This would allow a more streamed process of importing files, etc. Just trying to adjust to a new system and set up templates, etc. Once all is set up and also integrates w/ Jungo and Optimal Blue .. it will be awesome and save so much time!

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

Appearance of flow, processes, cost, integrations, others using system love it.

Reasons for Switching to LendingPad

System was out dated and the final straw was the new URLA and issues along with things being deleted in the system completely. Very troubling for compliance issues.

Wilkin from Real Investment Mortgage Broker

POS please

A good, simple POS so prospective clients can take an application will make Lending Pad a complete LOS in my perspective.

Pros

I like the support. I think rep does a great job!

Cons

It is really important to have a POS. I know that Lending Pad has been working on this for some time, but I'm not sure if it has been rolled out.

Simple to use

Switched from Retail to Mortgage Broker

Response from LendingPad Corp

Replied April 2021

Dear Wilkin, We offer an integrated POS solution as well as connecting to one of many reputable POS solutions in the market today. Please contact your AE for more information.

Alejandro from HomeSmart Advisors

Amazing but not perferct

Great and easy to use.

Pros

easy to use. Viewing is all in one shot. Navigation is user friendly.

Cons

LOS needs more features. Like being able to upload specific documents to a specific condition. Like bank statements to be uploaded into bank statements section or at the very least after. To be more mobile friendly

Functionality and visually easier

Spring from Dang Mortgage Team, Inc

Quality Feedback

Great feedback and amazing support.

Pros

Support is very straightforward and works well with your needs. Gives detail instructions and information necessary to attain clarification and solve problems.

Cons

It takes time to fully understand the software. However, with everyday, it gets more familiar.

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

LendingPad included more features that we wanted.

Matt from Precision Lending

If you need customer service-look elsewhere

The customer service is absolutely horrible. I signed up for what I was told had a 30 day money back guarantee-they charge a crazy set up fee(which is not needed because they don't really customize anything) but then would not honor their policy. I then was told by someone in service, after taking 3 days to hear back, that the conversation I had with someone else never happened. They occupy a very small space in this market, it's clear to see why

Pros

I liked the concept of it being web based

Cons

Some of the features are cumbersome, not easy to use if you have used other softwares like this

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

They did a good job presenting and making the product look easier than it is to use. Beware, this product is not solid and the service is terrible

Response from LendingPad Corp

Replied April 2021

Dear Mr. Vance, We do not have a 30-day money-back guarantee anywhere. You had stated to our service representative that the reason for canceling was not due to the product but unable to terminate your previous legacy LOS's contract. At that time, you had already signed up with us in the Broker Edition with an annual term. We do not have a mid-term cancellation refund on our plans. We communicate this in our demo sessions, display this policy at the time of registration, also during your initial sign-in. Like any other type of change, using a different system takes some learning curve. We ask users to reach out to us should they experience any issues. There are one-on-one sessions, youtube, chat, email, and screen share support available. Being a HousingWire's Tech100 winner and one of the industry's fastest growing LOS's, we will use this feedback to further improve our product and service.

Jason from Home Loans Inc

Lending Pad for Brokers

Pros

I enjoy the integration and the ability of the software to grow with my business.

Cons

We have multiple "seats" for the software, however when we have multiple personnel in the software at the same time it will kick us out and not save where we were.

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

It was what I needed for the company at the time I started it and it has grown with the growth of the company. We are just now realizing what Lending Pad can do for our company

Justin from Good Day Financial

Good experience

Great experinece, not to many issues at all - if I have any at all the chat is very responsive.

Pros

Very user friendly software, I've used proprietary systems (green screen no GUI) as well as other "user friendly" programs like encompass - this is much easier to use and gets findings way faster than anything else.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve but its still pretty straight forward so I don't really have to many complainants - maybe a update window that lets us know if Fannie or Freddie is down for example - if hat exists i don't know where it is.

Ben from Ascend Mortgage LLC

Top notch

I love it. It is efficient and a great management tool.

Pros

Support staff. I am new to the industry and have reached out to support staff a lot. They are professional, knowledgeable, and efficient.

Cons

I wish each loan would connect to the lender directly. If this feature is available please let me know how to integrate comms with our system and updates with the lender.

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

The President of the company chose to go with LendingPad due to its scalability and efficiency.

Melinda from Golden Key Home Loans

Great service and Great program

I love it and I love all of the support.

Pros

I love the fact that the system is web-based system. It is super easy to use and the support is awesome

Cons

Just trying to learn a new system. Other than that, I am fine.

Reasons for Choosing LendingPad

The cost and the use of the system.

Reasons for Switching to LendingPad

I wanted something better and user friendly

Steven from Texas Lone Star Lending

Somewhat confusing system, poor support

Onboarding call was good, but the system is quite complex and not very intuitive. Ongoing support is TERRIBLE. Support is provided through chat. Staff seems not to know their own system and has bad attitude. I even had one staff member intentionally terminate my chat while trying to get a setup question answered. (He seemingly could not answer my question, so he cut me off when I told him he had answered my question.) I thought this system had a lot of promise, but I'll probably be looking for something else again.

Pros

- Cloud based - Seems to be very complete - Good integrations

Cons

- Very poor support - Knowledge base very light and weak - Confusing and complex setup

Price and technology

Response from LendingPad Corp

Replied April 2021

Sorry for your poor experience with our support while on your free trial. After reviewing the support log, the setup issue is with an invalid third-party login credential you entered in LendingPad. Pls call the third-party provider to obtain the correct credentials first then call your AE who can help further to complete the setup. Thank you.

Nizar from Loanatik

Lending Pad review

Customer service over the chat is pretty good.

Pros

The product is relatively easy to use. The process to import the file is relatively simple as well.

Cons

Trying to look for older quotes is not user friendly.

Switched Brokers

Edwin from Direct Choice Lending

five stars

Pros

Easy to use, great tools, great customer service

Cons

everything good so far.

Kim from ADDISON MORTGAGE CONSULTANTS. INC

Review LendingPad

Mortgage Lending. Very good program

Pros

Ease of use. User friendly . If I can learn it anyone can

Cons

For some reason it continues to Lose Connection and, of course, it does not save the info I am working on.

Because they suck !

marie from Omega Mortgage Group Inc

Omega Mortgage

Now that I'm more familiar with how it works it's getting easier. Still learning all aspects though.

Pros

Price and easy access for a small company

Cons

A lot of things don't auto populate from one section to another. It took a while to learn the system. Could use more tools to walk through the step by step process in writing. The tutorials by the rep are better than the other one which is hard to understand.

See above