What are Airtable users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Airtable software through verified user reviews

1,209 Reviews

• icon"Airtable is great, it has really powerful tools for creating tables that you can customize and adapt perfect to any need of your team."
  • icon"A lot of nice built in features to force you to be organized about planning and recording adventures."
  • icon"Templates available for you to kickstart. Powerful spreadsheets with relations, and more awesome features."
  • icon"Airtable shows deleted words with a line crossing the words or sentences which could have been written in error."
  • icon"At first it was so hard to grasp but when you get used to it, you forget about the hardship you had as a first time user."
  • icon"Sometimes it takes a long time to work out what you have done wrong (in my case a misplaced comma)."

Browse all Airtable Reviews

• Have you used Airtable and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,209 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,209 reviews

Cameron

Industry: Farming

Airtable is everything I wish traditional spreadsheet could be!

Amanda

Airtable

I love it but just wish the free version were a little more affordable.

Pros

I love the functionality of Airtable. It allows you to track and cross track so many things.

Cons

The paid version is expensive. I would like to color code records, but the cost is $20 per month which is quite a bit.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

I like the fact that there are sheet views that easily convert to calendar views. The others provided more of a todo list and you needed due dates for it to work. Airtable was the most similar to Google Sheets.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable provides much more functionality

Ibrahim

Best Database for a Non-Coder

I love Airtable because I am able to build simple but useful custom programs and databases while knowing basically zero code. Although there are really key features that stop Airtable just short of perfect, it is still leagues better than a normal spreadsheet for sure.

Pros

Airtable has the power and functionality of a database but is as easy to use as a spreadsheet! As someone who sells software (saas), Airtable allowed me to essentially create programs for my clients even though I do not code. Airtable sets the new gold standard for what a spreadsheet should be able to do. i cannot go back to a normal spreadsheet now.

Cons

There are a few critical features you'll run into that stop this software from being perfect unfortunately. It's a shame too because they seem very obviously needed and demanded; things like having storage space increase option past premium plan limit, writing formula across cells from multiple tables instead of just the same table, etc. I have hope these things will be part of the development roadmap soon though.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable is a database, not just a spreadsheet. It allows me to build more complex programs complete with automations, integrations, & an API. A normal spreadsheet just can't match that.

Jakob

December 2021

The next generation of spreadsheets

We use Airtable to aggregate different small data sets and create multiple views for stakeholders. The data is easy to share, update, and filter based upon queries. There is also a robust community of 3rd party apps that can integrate and provide additional functionality.

Pros

Flexibility! There are a lot of ways to approach whatever problem you are trying to solve with Airtable. We have different bases and can structure the data in ways unique to that base. Unlike an excel clone you are not pigeon holed in to a singular framework in working with your data.

Cons

No offline access. While lack of an internet connection is less of an issue than it has been historically, we still run in to challenges occasionally.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

The ability to work with others in real time in Excel led to more frustration. Also, being able to share the data to different stakeholders with specific views was much easier in Airtable.

Kevin

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

Pros

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

Cons

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

Zuhairah

All in one platform

Airtable let us to be more organized in collaborating for a project and tracking or finding any error that we are missing while completing a project. Every project is implement with work time frame, so it will be completed before the due date and not missing the project hand over time.

Pros

We have integrate Airtable in all of our work field in the company, and not much learning curves needed to get all the the user fully familiar and get used to the software. Storing document and resources and marking it for which project or user are using it. Limiting access or giving user credential for certain user making the project organization more effective.

Cons

There are too many feature that we are not using and implementing to our system, but still need to pay for it as it is a part of the subscribing plan. A customized plan with a feature that we can select with a lower yearly plan would attract many user to switch to this software. Overall, it is still one of the best project management in the market.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable has more feature to managing a project and a better messaging platform to communicate with my team quickly.

Brittany

December 2021

Intuitive to use, great for collaborative teams

This has helped us become a more scalable and collaborative team. Having all trackers in one central location provides visibility to everyone and helps keep people accountable and on track.

Pros

The ability to customize or choose a template for table is great. Being able to have multipole tables so all areas of a team can track their items, but still have everything visible to the entire team in one place is so helpful. The timeline view is especially helpful in content planning and marketing communication planning. Also the onboarding and training is so simple and not time intensive.

Cons

There were no obvious cons for this program.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

We needed something more scalable for the entire organization.

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

Pros

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks. However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked. What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do. I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features. Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

Cons

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well. It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use) Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

Molly

Industry: Photography

Longtime Airtable User

I hands down would not be able to track my incoming flow of client work without Airtable. It was a final solution to a really big problem. It's easy on the eyes and easy to compartmentalize my project workflow.

Pros

The simplest form of using Airtable is still so much better than using Excel Spreadsheets. Airtable is fairly easy to use, however, does take a bit of time to learn about so many of the features it has to offer. I could probably apply more time in learning how it could further benefit the way I use it every day in my business.

Cons

I do find there are SO MANY great features, it might be nice to have an onboarding specialist... heck I've been such a long-time user maybe they have this. Their customer support is top-notch and quick to respond to any requests.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

I had seen these other products about a year into using Airtable and was pretty content with my current situation, I took a look at ClickUp and it just seemed too bloated for what I needed. Monday also. Airtable is just a lot easier to use in a simple manner or a more complex manner when you are ready for it.

Spencer

Industry: Photography

An organizer's dream database manager

Airtable helps me run my photography business much more effectively. I'm able to track the progress and status of my photography jobs, to assess outstanding details, to have different databases for all my studio lighting equipment, backdrops, cameras, lenses, and miscellaneous tools and assets. I have different tables for different purposes, including tables that are checklists for the gear I need to bring for each kind of shoot. I can easily reference, in a visually-foward way, which lighting modifiers, number of batteries or stands, and which lenses I need to pack for an office headshot job or an in-the-park family portrait session without needing to put much effort into thinking about it. The less I have to think about such details, the more I can focus on my clients and work to do. In more ways than one, Airtable helps make this happen.

Pros

Airtable does what a lot of basic database and spreadsheet manager do, but most robustly with complex features and with more visual pizazz. For visual thinkers and organizers, Airtable makes the average tracking task or information management responsibility both a pleasure and a joy.

Cons

As with any feature-packed professional software, There is a learning curve with mastering where tools are and what all the platform can do. Once you get a hang of the interface and the many customization options, you will be sailing with delight.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

I'm a photographer. I'm a visual person and thinker, and I have a lot of physical equipment. Being able to see images of my gear along with the details for my sessions is so helpful in a way that just reading words in a spreadsheet from another product does.

Jase

December 2021

Extremely powerful but requires a lot of setup to make it yours!

We collect customer feedback and feature enhancements with the forms functionality, then rank these internally. We can use this for sprint planning, issue tracking, and resource management. I have setup the base to share between colleagues, with many using view only mode and some being collaborators.

Pros

I love how powerful and extensible the software is. You can achieve almost anything you need to, within reason. It support scripting, math functions, and a variety of inputs. I love how you can share forms to input data via.

Cons

Some basic features are paid only, so I had to upgrade just for colour options. Also, while they have a large number of templates ready to go, you will almost always need to manipulate a base to make it exactly your own and fit your needs.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Trello was easy to use but it wasn't actually solving the problems we had. Everything required a power up extension, such as getting form data into Trello.

Steve

Literally Use It For Everything - And LOVE It!

Pros

I own 3 different businesses, an instrument manufacturing business, marketing agency, and automotive wheel repair business - very different I know haha. Airtable is completely vital for every single one AND for all the clients I manage in there as well on top of personal use. I literally use Airtable for everything from lead management to production management and tracking to home projects. Here are a few key things I love, 1. How easy it is to use. I can create a custom database/spreadsheet/whatever so incredibly fast even on my phone! 2. The capability of Airtable is amazing. The fact that I can use it for a simple to do list with some more advanced ability all the way to tracking inventory for thousands of items, building quotes, tracking where different drum kits are in the production process and what still needs to be done or ordered then creating a purchase order from that all within 1 table - for FREE - is absolutely amazing to me. 3. The referral credits and program is awesome! 4. Collaboration is very easy and I love how you can have a conversation with the team even on each record. it makes creating new advertising campaigns or taking with my team about a specific drum kit etc. so easy. 5. It updates everywhere so fast so I can keep tabs on my different teams in real time and see if they need anything. I can't say enough good things about Airtable.

Cons

The only con for me is the price. Once you move to paid forms its not expensive at first but once you add team members and add more bases it can get out of hand very fast. I have been able to run everything for free for years but I do wish we could utilize things like their app market or different colors etc. but I just cant justify the price.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

When we picked airtable, smartsheet was just way too complicated and hard to use and didnt look nice either. The interface on Airtable was much much better and easier to use (and still is in my opinion). And google sheets we still use often because it is a concessional spreadsheet but if Airtable could do complex formulas as much as Google sheets could I wouldn't use Google sheets anymore.

alia

Our Content Calendar!

Amazing, I use it everyday. It’s been so helpful!!

Pros

Flexibility! I love being able to have a calendar, kanban, timeline, visual gallery all in one. We use this for all our content planning and management. We tried so many solutions and this is what finally worked for us.

Cons

It has many features but at times it’s hard to know the best way to build things out, none of the templates for workbases were close enough to build off from. Wish it was easier to link information within different tabs in bases.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

It has so many views. It’s not too much of a drain on resources to set up. Very affordable.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Asana is great but wasn’t the right fit for us for this use. We still use it for project management just not content. It was easier to have all the visuals and fluid views that airtable did.

Brianna

December 2021

Great and does what we need it to do

Overall, love it! Works great and does what we need it to do

Pros

I love the forms, how easy they are to embed on a website, and how it all saves directly into the database. All the formulas and ways to connect the sheets are great too

Cons

The fact that you have to buy the pricier plan to remove their branding

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable could do more and connect sheets/data better

Rhea

Major upgrade from standard databases

Moving from spreadsheets to Airtable has been like night and day. Once you sort out using the basic features, the time saved upkeeping data in multiple places is invaluable.

Pros

Airtable has made it so easy to create live databases, forms, collate data, and share them across with custom views. We manage a large meeting with 200+ faculty that changes up to event day and Airtable has been a game-changer keeping track of live updates, combining information in different formats, looking at snapshots of aggregate data, linking/syncing forms, and more. We moved out of having multiple Excel and Google sheets saving a ton of time. It also offers lots of customization when you are in a base that allows views of just what you need.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve if you are unfamiliar with using the software and might feel confusing if you are starting from the ground up. While there are some templates, with so much capability new users may feel like they are just scratching the surface on how they can use it.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

The software was recommended by someone with advanced experience using it.

Mayank

Industry: Animation

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pros

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Cons

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

I've Used Airtable Everyday For 2 Years

Pros

Airtable was super easy to incorporate into my workflow. With the many different views and layouts, Airtable was able to handle anything I threw at it. I appreciated that workspaces could be configured to have different views for different team members.

Cons

I think that it would be helpful if the team at Airtable made content showing off some of their favorite features and ways they use different workspaces in their workflow.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

The company made the switch. Not my decision but Airtable worked just as well if not better.

Willem

Foundational to our business. Spreadsheets or Steroids

I will Never be able to run a business without Airtable.

Pros

I love everything about air table. So many great functions, cross tables uses and can be customized for so many different needs.

Cons

I wish there was a better way for messaging or better notifications

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable allows for better asset management of submissions and entries.

Alexandra

GREAT Software

As stated, everyone on the team loves Airtable, and we are pondering becoming affiliates. It is the best project and task management tool I have ever encountered- and fairly cheap as well compared to similar tools.

Pros

Everyone on my team for my two company LOVE this software. It is like a supercharged Excel meets Agile Tools- you can organise pretty much anything with it. We recommend it to everyone we meet, and are happy we found Airtable in 2019. You can attach pictures to it, view it in grid kanban or calendar view- which really is like any project management tool meets the best of agile tools. It makes organising, task allocation and collaboration super easy.

Cons

The only problem is that if you have a base with pictures in Airtable, and want to export it, you loose the pictures. But that is not their problem as such.

better than both combined

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable is colourful, easier, and smarter than both combined.

The best spreadsheet app out there and powerful enough to run a whole business from

In spite of errors and downtime, it's a great piece of software and essential to my business. As they grow I hope they spend more time polishing what they already have.

Pros

Airtable essentially powers my entire business. It acts as a CRM, marketing planner, content planner and task management app - it's very configurable and has powerful features for creating, modifying and reporting on data.

Cons

Recently there has been repeated incidences of downtime which are worrying - and they have a habit of launching new features that are not fully tested and cause issues.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Google Sheets isn't adaptable enough or good at handling file uploads.

Rusty

Good database for most all users

Just learning but think it will work really well for my use cases. Learning curve is a little steep but there are many YT videos available.

Pros

Ease of setup. Brings in data from Excel effortlessly. Great for a simple database. And it’s free!

Cons

Hard for the new user to set up relational databases.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Cheaper and easier to use

Reasons for switching to Airtable

FileMaker is good but more than I need and too expensive

Mikaël

One solution, multiple functionalities

We went from using 3 different software to using only AirTable. The ability to do almost anything is what makes this solution a great fit. They even offer a free plan.

Pros

The ease of use, the web interface is really user-friendly and the help tips really get you where you need to go in the software. The ability to create/share/collaborate on "base" is just what you need to be able to work as a team.

Cons

Could use more templates over going in the "universe".

Reasons for choosing Airtable

The functions, the free plan, the mobile app, and the ability to share a base with clients without having to share our whole account.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Monday was pricing its software per user and per tier, this made it very hard for us to keep going in a startup buisness. When you get to a point where your bill is almost up to a 100$ per month, this just can't cut the deal.

Kalin

Industry: Machinery

A no-code database for small and lean teams

With Airtable I managed to create a simple custom program to manage my inventory and saved at least 5-6 hours a week for my team. Although the deployment is not easy and the price looks high at first glance, it is worth the money if there is someone from the management team is building and implementing Airtable. It is a great software for small and lean teams that want to grow fast and scale.

Pros

It can be used as a simple spreadsheet, but has the power of a database, if needed. I love that Airtable gives a non-coder like me the freedom to build my own apps, specific to my business needs.

Cons

It is not easy to deploy and the team had a hard time transitioning from spreadsheets to Airtable. The user experience for the end user can be better. Simple education materials for the end-user are not enough.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Because Google sheets became too complex and didn't have the user roles inside a spreadsheet that we needed.

Felix

December 2021

Great integration features, easy to use, great ROI!

Great. Super versatile, cost-effective, modern.

Pros

I like the integration features very 2022 ready product. I can connect with Any known solution so it makes every easy.

Cons

Don't like that Airtable charges by Base, if not checked you can incur in huge expenses unnecesarily.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

The integration features, the database-related features. I can integrate the whole workflow with few clicks.

Nick

The best database software

Overall it has been great

Pros

The databases are very easy to set up. And the multiple views available allow you to see your business data in whatever way you choose with a click of a button.

Cons

The only thing lacking is the ability to add labels to the charts within Airtable apps

Reasons for choosing Airtable

It was the perfect balance between spreadsheet and database with multiple views including timeline

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,209 reviews