• Pros

• "It is very easy to use. We were able to get portions of our configurator into production in less than 4 months. The team that I work with at Configure One are very helpful and knowledgeable. "

• "Easy to setup and understand. This software can do almost anything required from a configurator."

• "The software is straight forward and the support staff is extremely helpful."

• Cons

• "The Driven input is a great feature but also the worst feature since it does not allow adding or remove driver or Excel import / export."

• "The learning curve to achieve full potential is steep, but worth the effort."

• "Some basic items you'd think were easy to set up, require more background work than originally thought. Appearance is relatively basic/rudimentary."

Browse Configure One CPQ Reviews

Marvin from Unipower

Great tool for custom solutions

We build and integrate custom power systems and this software allows us and our customer to select the correct parts and options. This also allows us to monitor the cost and profit margin for each project.

Pros

The ability to manipulate the interface to do what you need it to do. The ease of use is fantastic for the end user.

Cons

I really don’t have anything negative to say about this software.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thanks you, we appreciate your kind words! We work hard on maximizing usability, and user adoption - I'm glad it comes through in your implementation!!

Enrico from Agco Corp

Industry: Farming

Strong partner

I always had a good relationship with Configure One Team, he supported me to match the business goals and build a new technology structure for the companies I worked in.

Pros

The software includes lots of functionalities and this helps to fit to different industrial sectors. It can be used worldwide harmonizing processes and documents in an unique platform. It can be integrated with CRM and ERP tools building a comprehensive user experience for both internal and external users.

Cons

Probably a new method to manage the translations must be considered, specifically user interface and quote template translations. Local support teams to be considered in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

Configure One provides more standard functionalities and can be customized matching all the business needs.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thanks for taking time to leave a review, Enrico, we always appreciate hearing from our customers about their experience with the product!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Over promised and Underdelivered

Overall, they are very responsive, and relatively robust. They offer a suite of features, some more stable than others. Integrations with other software can be cumbersome, and buggy at times.

Pros

It was easy to use for a beginner to learn. The users are able to create input charts that drive by filter. This is a very useful tool if the users already have data driven tables. And you are able to import them directly into the application. With the right people you are able to make a quick implementation. Also, they give you direct access to writing queries.

Cons

Configure one offers a variety of features. Some of the features that our company was sold on, were over-promised and under-delivered; often needing customization that was costly, and buggy. Configure One tends to steer you in their direction for training and extra features that cost a lot of money, and may not be architecturally sound enough to support your implementation. If you use Configure One, be aware of what you can do with the out-of-box functionality first, before using other training.

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

The ability to integrate with Netsuite.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thanks for leaving a review, and for your candor. I would very much like to get to the bottom of your comments regarding being over-promised. Please contact me so that I can focus energy on making things right; please trust that we'll do everything possible to ensure you're amazed at our product and our service offerings.

Nathan from Wolseley Industrial Canada Inc

Industry: Wholesale

Distribution

Pros

Configurator Cloud Based Link to Salesforce Ability to come up with templates.

Cons

The Amount of mouse Clicks required. Software feels optimized for Large complex configurations. Struggled with finding efficient ways of adding lots of salable items.

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

Wasn't based on heavy user subscriptions. Dedicated staff to customize for our requirements.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to add a review, Nathan! We appreciate your feedback, both good and bad! While I'm not incredibly familiar with your implementation, have you considered Quick Entry (to quickly add successive configurations to a quote), or the e-catalog to quickly find and add non-configurable/salable items to quotes? Know that we're always looking for ways to make the product easier to use, and I'll share this info with the team so we can focus some efforts on the points you've made. Kind regards, Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Travis from Ag Technologies

Great guided quoting

Configure one streamlined our quoting process and helped us get new sales people productive more quickly.

Pros

Very easy to navigate through and build a quote quickly.

Cons

Minimal amount of supported CRMs that can work with it.

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

It integrated better to Netsuite.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

We appreciate your taking the time to submit a review and for the kind words you shared. Paraphrasing,but 'streamlining quoting processes and making people more productive' is at the core of what we do! Regarding CRM integration, for those products that we don't have a standard integration available for, we have an 'any to any' integration framework that you can use, or we can help you do it. Please let me know if you'd like to learn more.

Jessica from E&I Engineering Group

Amazing Customer Service!

We have a highly customizable product that still must function within the bounds of industry standards and physical capabilities. Both of which are not the same. Configure One allowed us to reduce our quotation time to minutes instead of days for 90% of our quotes. The customer service during configuration and implementation was amazing. Our assigned consultant [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was quick to respond to questions and issues; usually within an hour. I enjoyed the "mentor" approach both [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] used to guide our company to get the most efficient use out of the software. They were able to supply various configuration options for different items such as quotes, BOMs, and pricing while weighing the pros and cons specific to our needs. For implementation, I would suggest having an admin with experience in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. It's not required, but will likely speed up the implementation process. Configure One provides excellent customization services or user training as necessary.

Pros

The admin and user training is very thorough. The customer service during configuration and implementation is the best I've ever experienced from any software company. The software is easy to navigate and once the general software structure and processes are understood, it's fairly easy to configure and implement.

Cons

While comprehensive, the software is not a one-size-fits-all application. It would be unfair to expect it to conform to everything we do exactly as we do it. As with most software applications, compromises need to be made. With that said, Configure One does offer customizations that would have solved our needs but we chose to go the customer implementation route. Of all the configuration software we researched, Configure One met most of our requirements by a large margin.

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

Without question, Configure One offered the best value. We were able to stay within budget while receiving solutions to most of our specific needs. No other software could provide the same.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Wow, thank you, Jessica, for taking the time to leave such a thorough review! I'm glad that our focus on customer service has shown through - we put a high premium on ensuring your success, and I'm thrilled that you've been impressed! - Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Jose Luis from Otis Elevator

Great Non-Based Programming Language Sofware.

Configure One product is very easy to use and to learn its functionality. It doesn't require to know specific programming Languages so that means companies don't need specialized programmers or developers to use this software. I'm Industrial Engineer and really just you need basic principles of programming to use this software. The following functionalities are helping to the company to meet with the customer's requirements in the manufacturing process. Routing functionality helps us to pass manufacturing data on items specified on BOM. Also Item Family creation helps to create unique part numbers used for a specific order or contract. Also input attributes is very helpful to define features of the variables/input received. Inputs helps to pass parameters used on PLC Machines. But I would like to see more validations that helps to prevent syntax errors, formatting, typos, redundancies and other common issues that the user commits unconsciously when is creating the product rules. In general the software is very helpful for any company that need meet with process requirements and their customer's satisfaction.

Pros

1.-The most important thing in this software is, the user doesn't need to know an specific programming language only the logic operands to create criteria and logic to select part numbers or validate scenarios. 2.-Easy to use and learn. 3.-Friendly screens. 4.-Easy to open multiple Windows/Tabs so you can work in different tasks at the same time. 5.-Software works with different Web Browsers like IE and Google Chrome. 6.-Routings attached to BOM skeleton to have a better control.

Cons

There are some basic functionalities that will be great that system can have it like: 1.-Parenthesis Validation on BOM Logic. 2.-Effectivity Rules on BOM Skeleton Maintenance and BOM Logic Item. In order to control changes. 3.-To have a better and faster search engine i.e. Item Master Maintenance, Where Used Report. Some browsers not have sequence order and It's so difficult to find the value to filter. 4.-Where Used Report for Driven.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you very much, Jose, for taking the time to leave such a thorough review! The Configure One/Otis partnership goes back many years now, and I'm thrilled that your experience with the software has been positive! -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

Easy to use, value tu get

Very good, easy to customize, easy to use. It's wonderful to convey its value to customer

Pros

I really like the hands-on approach to this program. The ability to actually configure (pardon the pun) and customize all the features is, in my view, important, very important.

Cons

I do not like the entry level price, it mean a cost too high to entry level for SMB. The licensing should be in my view lower to cost.

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we greatly appreciate your feedback! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Kevin from Quality Enclosures

Configure One For Manufacturing

Experience has been great. The C1 team’s knowledge is second to none. They always help when we need it.

Pros

I like that it has the ability to be customized to fit our industry. We can make the program ours and create features solely for us.

Cons

Its integration with NetSuite. Which is not really Configure Ones fault. I wish there were more options and flexibility between the two partners.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your kind words, as well as for pointing out challenges you've faced. NetSuite, and Configure One, continue to evolve our products to fill any potential gaps, and provide additional flexibility when a gap is identified. If you care to share specific examples where flexibility is lacking, I commit to you I'll ask my team to try to determine how we might be able to solve the problem.

Donna from Komar Industries

Help with Machine Choice

We are trying to help our guide our sales personnel through a list of questions that will determine which machine is the proper machine to sell the customer. The hope is that, as we grow as a company, this tool will help distributors and new sales people to choose the right machine for the customer's application. We also hope to use this tool in the future to speed up the manufacturing process by integrating it with an ERP. Even though we only have one portion of this in production so far, it has already helped us re-evaluate and improve our current processes.

Pros

Cons

The help menus do not have enough information. The HTML coding help menus also needs to be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

Configure One was the only software that had the ability to manipulate Solidworks drawings to configure an image. This is working quite well for us and we are happy we chose this product.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thanks, Donna, for this feedback! While we're thrilled that you have been able to efficiently get the product up and running, I'll carry your comments about the opportunity to further expand the help files to our usability folks and focus energy on moving that area of the product forward. Regards, Mick McDonnell VP Product Development

Shelby from Boa Technology

Configure One has improved our daily business operations significantly, mostly through time savings.

Pros

It eliminates the "human" element from our daily processes; because CFG1 has a rules engine, it takes more time for initial set-up than it did in the past, but once a product is set up and all of the rules are defined, any user can configure a product without having to have a product expert check that the rules were followed or that the configuration was created correctly.

Cons

I wish the training had been more robust. I know that there are several aspects of the software that we are not using simply because we don't understand certain features and elements. The training was fairly narrow and once it's over, there is not a great opportunity to learn about the unknown features without spending hours on the phone with the CFG1 team. Also, some areas of the software have helpful information pop-ups, but others have either nothing or a very vague description of what the feature is and how to use it. It's a shame because I think we would get a lot more out of the software if there were better instructional materials and demonstrations on how to use each feature.

Response from Configure One

Replied March 2018

Thank you for the review Shelby! We're happy to hear that Configure One is providing some time savings and we very much appreciate the feedback on training. If there is anything specific related to training that we can provide, please let me know and I'll be sure we get that taken care of for you.

Wilma from DIETZ Power

Industry: Medical Devices

Review January 2020

Pros

The ease of setting up new inputs, products, adding the results and use of the logic.

Cons

The automatic logged out error keeps popping up now and again (regardless the use of browser and open programs). Too bad the level of discount cannot be arranged in C1 in the way we need it (standard functionallity). The set-up of our 4- and 6- numbers is pretty complex and time consuming. Would be nice if this could be simplified.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you, Wilma, for your review. I would like to speak with you regarding the 'automatic logged out error'...if my guess is correct, that's simply a setting that can be changed so that an idle browser session stays alive longer without user activity. Please let me know when a convenient time for you to chat would be. -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

juan from Addison

Configure one

Pros

Versatility and overall implementation is accessible. Customer service is really good to match the software capabilities to business needs.

Cons

Processes can be a little complicated to follow. Implementation for certain options can be time consuming and alternatives can be difficult to accomplish. Understanding the program reach is not straight forward.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your feedback, Juan. We're excited what your company has been able to accomplish with Configure One, and please trust that we're always working on making it easier to use & more intuitive to administer. -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

David from The AZEK Co

Industry: Plastics

Concept

The system allows us to give quotes quickly to our customer. Overall Concept has worked well for us.

Pros

Reliability and integration with our ERP system JDE

Cons

When we do have a problem its hard to get in touch with someone right away.

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

The user interface was superior.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you, David, for your insights here & for leaving a review. I regret you've had less-than awesome experience when seeking support assistance. I'd like to look into that to see where we're not meeting our standards in that regard. Please contact me at your convenience so I can look into this and get it resolved. Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Mark from Craig Manufacturing Ltd.

Craig Manufacturing Ltd. Review of Concept

We needed a way to have all of our Sales team create consistent quotes. And also trap the items that need special attention. With Concept / Configure One , we are able to create consistent quotes and add password approvals for things we wish to force a conversation on.

Pros

You don't have to be a full on coder to modify and content to this Site

Cons

Page refreshes are probably necessary but they are noticeable and i don't remember seeing this on other sites that do the same thing.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Mark, We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to leave a review - Thank You!!! -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

Lucia from Regency Fireplace Products Intl

ConfigureOne - If you know what you're doing, it works great

The software is hard to implement and requires programming skills. The ConfigureOne team is very knowledgeable and able to assist with the development process.

Pros

The ability to configure or design your product and see the resulting image immediately is the feature most appreciated by our customers. From the company perspective, we most appreciate the integration with our ERP system so product and pricing information is updated automatically.

Cons

The unnecessary complexity of moving from a configuration to an order. The administration is not user friendly and requires a significant investment in time to learn to use it.

ConfigureOne offered integration with Epicor, our ERP software

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review, Lucia, we benefit greatly from feedback, the good and the bad! I'm glad you and your users see value in our visualization capabilities - it's a key strength of the product, and something that differentiates us from the competition. At the same time, I appreciate your perspective on the complexity in some areas of the application. While a user with no programming skills whatsoever can implement the product successfully, there are advanced areas where you can 'do more' and extend the product, though it does require writing script and/or manipulating style sheets. Again, thank you for your candor!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Andrew from Elemental LED

Industry: Wholesale

Ease of configuration

Pros

With over 1 million combinations of configurations this product is great to show valid options taking into account very specific rules & stipulations. The ability to build the actual product in the real-time 2D is a great tool for customers visually. The software uses basic logic and Excel spreadsheets for ease of set-up.

Cons

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. We constantly strive to get better & offer added value to our customers. There is a lot that can be done via styling & branding within the user interface, and it may not be obvious, at first, what your options are. I'll ask a member of our team to reach out to you to see how we can amaze you in terms of appearance.

Chi Lok from Val-Co

Overall has been positive. Easy to learn, hard to master.

Pros

With the upgrade to v.11, the software has become more customizable. I also like the continous improvement via code update.

Cons

Response from Configure One

Replied March 2018

Thank you for the review Chi Lok! Happy to hear that you've had a good experience with Configure One and we are grateful for your feedback regarding driven inputs. I'll be sure this is passed to the team for product development considerations.

July 2015

Lance from MicroMo Electronics, Inc.

July 2015

Configure One gave us a Fantastic Return on our Investment

Pros

The product is very easy to use. We have a 500 page catalog with over 4.5 million potential combinations. We implemented the configurator in 6 months and was even able to include all our "special" scenarios. The technical skill of the Configure One team and their follow-up was fantastic.

Cons

We had to create our own piece of software to allow us to upload Driven Input Data from Excel data sheets (All other ways of adding data can be uploaded from Excel). We feel this feature is the only thing lacking from the product.

Dave from InterMetro

Industry: Food Production

Long -Term Customer Review

The Configure One team has been supportive in assisting in the conversion process and in adding new products and rules as needed. While there have been some challenges, I believe they see us as long-term partners

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility in the Configure One software and we have been able to customize it for a number of different products

Cons

We have had some issue w/ moving from older versions to V11. I am not honestly sure why.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you very much Dave for taking the time to leave your review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback - good or bad! I know we're close to finishing the migration to the latest release, and that it has taken longer than either of us anticipated, but hopefully the new discounting functionality that you'll be adopting will make it much easier for your users to interact with the software & easier for your admins to maintain! -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

Jim from Cambridge Engineering

Industry: Machinery

Our sales organizations tell us we are the easiest of all their manufacturers to do business with, largely because of our Configure One implementation.

Pros

Ease of use Flexibility for multiple product types Customizable

Cons

Missing some core features that required customization

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

We greatly appreciate your review - thank you! There's a lot that goes into being "easy to do business with", and we're glad Configure One CPQ is a key component of that!

Great Partner

Overall we have used ConfigureOne for many years now. It's a global tool, and deployed across multiple countries.

Pros

Good integration with Salesforce and a lot of customization possible if you have the skillset.

Cons

Expensive for custom projects if you want to taylor to your business.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that you've been successful with the worldwide deployment!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Robin from TAWI AB

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great configuring software

Great company and easy to deal with. Great help to setup and build our configurator.

Pros

Cons

Missing some internal processes after order is placed. As a Company dealing a lot with customer specific solutions, some more functionality around the special requests could be developed.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Robin, we greatly appreciate it! I'd like to work with you to understand the post-order processes that you're alluding to, please let me know when you have time to meet. There may be readily-available processes already there, but if not, I'd like to understand how we can improve the process. -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Luke from Harrington Hoists, Inc.

ComfigureOne Review

Pros

The ability to customize the interface and the power the software gives to both our users and administrators is amazing.

Cons

The learning curve to achieve full potential is steep, but worth the effort.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Great to hear how well you & Harrington Hoists are doing with Configure One CPQ! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Thomas from Cearfield Inc

Clearfield Review

Pros

The ability to customize the software for our specific business needs.

Cons

The number of user permissions with each user group

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thanks, Thomas, for your feedback! Clearfield has been a Configure One customer for quite a while now, and we're trilled at all you've been able to accomplish!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Kwame from KONE OYJ

Customization

Pros

The versatility of features works for most needs

Cons

Software accessibility and usability needs to be improved

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review! I'm glad the versatility of the product has impressed you. We continue to focus on usability and user experience; hopefully our continued progress has also shown through!!

Anthony from Guttridge Ltd

Configure one review, 3 months in.

Pros

I like the way in which it is structured, it has a very logical flow to it, things are procedural and flow nicely, the functionality is very good, and the support from the Configure One website is excellent, with the ticket system, the PDF tutorials, and the forum.

Cons

There are a few bugs here and there with the software, sometimes you have to click something twice for it to work, and sometimes things undo themselves, such as sub-groups, and driven inputs.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Hi, Anthony...thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I'm glad that our efforts to create a logic flow to the setup process has shined through, and that our support tools have been useful to you. It is our goal to release 100% stable software with each & every release, but admittedly, on occasion, we fail to reach that bar. Hopefully our reaction time to reported bugs has been satisfactory to you & that we've demonstrated that we take quality serious - it's a prime consideration in everything we do. Regards, Mick McDonnell VP Product Development

Mathew from Guttridge

Industry: Machinery

A systematic review of Concept as provided by Configure One: Is it any good?

Overly expensive per ticket charges.

Pros

I'm leaving the company next week and dont have to work with it again.

Cons

The complexity to do simple tasks is frustrating

I didnt.

Response from Configure One

Replied February 2020

Matthew, Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. I'm saddened that your experience wasn't positive, but wish you luck in your future endeavors. -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

April from KLAW Products

Industry: Maritime

Fantastic

Fantastic

Pros

The support for this software has been second to none. It is extremely easy to use and the Configure One team in the UK are exceptional. Everything I have needed to do we have found a way to do it and everyone at KLAW is extreamly impressed.

Cons

Can take some time to set things up but that is just the nature of the job

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you very much for your kind words, April! I'm thrilled that our focus on customer service has been apparent to you - it's extremely important to us!! -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Chris from Kountry Wood Products

Industry: Building Materials

A good product, but hard to use

Quoting system seems bulky and hard to use. Support has been an issue. Customizations were difficult to communicate and targets were overpromised.

Pros

The configurator seems strong, very diverse and can do what we need.

Cons

User interface is confusing and hard to change. You need an experienced web developer to write the CSS to modify your site.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you, Chris, for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry that you've found changing the interface challenging, but we can certainly help you with that! It's a very efficient process, and we can either identify where you can make those changes, or we can make them for you, whichever you'd prefer. Let me know if you're interested in learning more. Kind regards, Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Mychilette from Hafele US

Industry: Furniture

Supportative Team

So far so good.

Pros

The software is straight forward and the support staff is extremely helpful.

Cons

It could use more features. There are areas that could use an Import Option.

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thank you, Mychilette for leaving a review! It's interesting that you mentioned 'Import Option', we've recently completely revamped how images are managed (making it easier to 'import' images to the application), and are working on a centralized import function, and adding imports to areas that now lack them. Great catch, and thank you!!

Evan from Rosenbauer America

Configure One was used as a front end sales configurator for a complex product.

Pros

Configure One has a great internal data management system which makes project updates easier than other solutions. The out-of-the-box sales capabilities are also great features that can be very beneficial to an end user.

Cons

The point-and-click rules generation system lends itself to a somewhat cumbersome menu admin interface. This made the software more difficult to grasp initially.

Shannon from Dimension Design

Amazing team to work with!

Pros

There is a lot to learn when developing the configurator, but the Configure One team is there every step of the way to answer questions and help you solve problems. We have a very custom product line and they are helping us get what we need - even if it's out of the ordinary! The team is so great to work with!

Cons

We are still in the development phase and while we have run into some things that we'd like to do but can't, they are not deal breakers; we just need to adjust our way of thinking.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your experience with Configure One. I would have to agree - our team is amazing, and we love partnering with folks who are as passionate about we're doing as we are!

Bill from Bestbath

Exceptionally capable and flexible software

Pros

This software connects nearly seamlessly to NETSUITE and we can update it and maintain it ourselves without expensive support contracts. The implementation staff listened very carefully and responded quickly to our sales and reporting needs.

Cons

Implementation always takes longer and is more complex than originally considered but, in my experience, that's been the case with any highly-connected software tool.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Bill! We're glad that our NetSuite integration has impressed you - we have been a NetSuite partner for quite a while now, and work closely with them to ensure that you can best leverage the best of each product.

December 2010

Mary Sue from Smoke Guard, Inc.

December 2010

As designer and builder of our application:

definitely recommended

Pros

Concept is a very stable system with almost no down time. Once you learn to navigate the menus, it is easy to use. The system is flexible enough to accomodate almost everything I have been able to think of doing with it. Support is excellent when I need it; however, I am able to make most of my changes and additions on my own. I am able to work on our application from anywhere I can access the internet, and at any time. Users familiar with web-based ordering systems find it easy to use. Development of fairly complex interfaces can be accomplished quickly.

Cons

The fact that it is a web-based application means that the interface requires some getting used to if you are accustomed to more intuitive, locally installed applications. The flexibility of the system means that the options can be overwhelming at times (if you consider that a con).

Larry from Dimension Design

Configure 1 Review

Automation for estimating and manufacturing work flow processes.

Pros

Very versatile and flexible but robust to handle everything we are doing now and going into the future.

Cons

Somewhat complex for initial set up but that allows for the flexibility.

Response from Configure One

Replied December 2019

Thanks for sharing your review with the rest of the community, we very much appreciate it! We're proud of the versatility and flexibility of the product. Unfortunately, sometimes that brings complexity as well, but trust that we constantly focus and innovate in order to make setup and ongoing maintenance as straight-forward as possible!

Mateusz from Survitec Fire Solutions

Industry: Maritime

It's good but it could be better

Pros

- very good and quick support from Configure One

Cons

- many errors - lack of improvements - interface

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your input, Mateusz. I'd like to meet with your, at your convenience, to dig deeper into some of the concerns you've identified. Please let me know when you have time to further discuss. -Mick McDonnell, VP Product Development

Gil from CPG international

Director - Sales Operations

Concept is a great software that makes it very efficient to process our workload internally and provide our customers with a self service tool. We've been able to gain significant efficiencies in processing time and accuracy.

Pros

Customer support is very good. Product functions very well and has helped us gain efficiencies previously unachievable. Accuracy of BOM's has helped reduced costs.

Cons

The only con is how you get your customers to perform the self service function, which really isn't a con for the system but something as a developer you need to consider. Taking the appropriate amount of time to completely define requirements up front will save you of any rework/redevelopment in the long run.

Peter from Armstrong

Easy, flexible and robust

I highly recommend this configuration software for it's flexibility and powerful integration tools. Configure One has an excellent support staff and they quickly resolve any issues I may have.

Pros

Web Based Easy Implementation Quick response to issues SolidWorks Integration Great customer service. Extremely flexible in most programming areas

Cons

Sometimes programming interface is too basic for advanced programmers. Only a minor con because this also makes it easier for inexperienced programmers to use the software. Some out of the box features do not support double byte characters. No significant logging (notes) areas for changes to code.

Extremely configurable and usable software. Setting up is easy n but takes time to determine rules.

Pros

Ability to drive customers to standards. Take out Salesmen guessing and experience only knowledge. Easy selection of Variables. You dont have to be a prpgrammer tp setup tje rules or software.

Cons

Takes a long time to determine what rules are needed to make successful. Hard to have multiple people working on the workflow and programming at the same time.

Response from Configure One

Replied March 2018

Thank you very much for the review and we're happy to hear the application is helping your sales team. If there is anything we can do to assist with sorting through the rules or workflows, please let me know and we'll do our best to help resolve the issue.

Richard from Thomas & Betts

Thomas & Betts

One of the few 3rd party products I've brought in over the years that continually reaffirms that we made the right choice. There past, current and future enhancements confirm that they are in touch with their customers needs and are capable of meeting and exceeding them.

Pros

Uber functionality - does everything we need right out of the box. Flexible enough to support our extremely disparate product lines, each with a different go-to-market strategy

Cons

User interface needs a bit of polish

Chantal from Dietz Power B.V.

Industry: Medical Devices

Pros

The software makes it possible to configure our products, to create quotes and pricelist. It integrates with our ERP system

Cons

It's expensive (as far as I'm aware)

Reasons for Choosing Configure One CPQ

Don't know, I was not involved

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

We greatly appreciate your taking the time to leave a review, Chantal. While it sounds like you've been successful setting up the system & are able to generate quotes & integrate to ERP, it sounds like you're not as thrilled as we'd like you to be. Please contact me at your convenience so we can see how we can do better in your eyes. - Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

December 2010

Randy from John B. Poindexter & Co.

C1 Review

I would recommend C1. It is easy to use and is a great product.

Pros

Gives Non-IT people the ability to setup and maintain a configurator. Easy for sales people to learn. Provides a professional looking quote document and an accurate bill of material. Staff at C1 is knowledgable and responsive when there are issues

Cons

Ability to see all options selected. Build time for complex congfigurations.

Beckett from E&I Engineering

E&I Configure One Implementation

We are using CO as a sales tool for our own product, making it easier for customers to configure our services to match their needs.

Pros

Ability to customize to our specific needs

Cons

No cons come to mind; the Configure One team was very helpful in walking us through how to use the software

Response from Configure One

Replied January 2020

All great to hear, Beckett, thank you! I'm thrilled that you've happy with the application, and we're excited about continuing to work with you to achieve even greater things! -Mick McDonnell, VP, Product Development

June 2015

Steve from Multivans Inc.

Best of Breed Product Configurator

Concept is flexible, powerful, and easy to use once it is set up. Because of its strong functionality, it requires a real up-front investment of time for complicated configured products, but the result is worth the work. Customer service is always good, and ConfigureOne responds very well to customer requests for enhancements and upgrades. They are alweays improving their product.

December 2010

Kristen from Chatsworth Products, Inc.

Chatsworth Products Review

Configure One has been a great partner. I would recommend the Concept application to anyone looking for an online Product Configurator tool that they can manage internally.

Pros

The Concept Admin interface is intuitive and easy to use. Customer and Technical support is very responsive.

Cons

I recommend not customizing the application. It is a significant effort and investment to upgrade the application.

James from Keith Mfg Co

Customer Service

Concept is very easy to use and very flexible making it able handle many different products with ease. Even with this product being so great it truly is the customer service that stands out with Configure One. They are always quick to respond and always willing and able to help regardless of how complicated or simple the question or problem may be.

Lee from SupaDoors

Easy to Implement/Easy to Use

Concept is a tool that is easily utilized in any design to build manufacturing environment. The software can be implemented to achieve your needs for not only to benefit your customer and your sales team, but also your manufacturing operation. The best part is how scalable the product is and how it can grow with your company.