• Pros

• "I really like how easy to use this software is. It has tons of features and has made our daily workload so much easier. "

• "Comprehensive and easy to see the status of any order at any time. Great visual indicators to easily understand the status on any given order. Easy software to learn. "

• "The software has great design, purchasing, and production capabilities. Proof Stuff is a great integration! "

• Cons

• "The interface look is a bit dated and could use a facelift. Integrations are not so simple but staff members have been helpful with installs."

• "Complex system if you don't know how to use it. Not much flexibility for custom mods. Import features are not great but they do exist. "

• "It's a lot. It will take a while to get used to but once you do it is pretty easy. But at first it can seem daunting. "

Browse OnSite Reviews

Chris from stickersandmore.com

Very good experience.

There are many benefits to this software. Records communication with customers and vendors. Many types of reports are offered, from reviewing CSR's current order and closed orders, reports on customer discrepancy log, reports on the quantity of any certain garment or size garment that was sold. Love this software

Pros

Love how it keeps your communication and orders organized. When customer places reorders it takes moments to create a new order. The reports are at your finger tips, checking profit margin's, ect. I can see what all CSR's are doing at any given time.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have is the software training tools are out dated. This software isn't easy to learn and when you are trying to train yourself it gets very frustrating not knowing what you are seeing isn't correct because the software had been updated. This makes learning even more difficult

Greg from City of Decatur, IN

When my growing company was unable to answer "Where is my stuff questions?" I knew we needed help

Powerful data management tools to allow me to run my business no matter where i am at.

Pros

ShopWorks does not try to replicate how my mind works to run my decorated apparel business it takes daily best practices from hundreds of the most PROFITable decorators in the industry and gives me the tools to run my business better. During my research I thought I was looking for software that processed like our clip board and NCR paper order forms did. Boy was I wrong, we could have never grown to be an industry leader without the robust data management power that SW brought to our workflow. SW is a great example of "garbage in yields garbage out", to get the most out of your SW investment you must have strong management and a commitment to proven data entry procedures to get the most our of SW. The best example I can think of is when a customer calls and says I want to place a re-order but I don't have the PO, I don't remember the garment style or when I bought them but the shirt had a killer design with a patriotic eagle on it with our company name. If you SOP requires a naming convention the names the purchaser, the main 2 elements of the design along with the date you can find the requested information in just a few key strokes. If you get lazy and name the art "final proof back" you are back to the GIGO thing. Another few keystrokes and you are sending a proof to the customer with an order approval for their signature. Their is no way we could run our very successful contract decorating business without SW or something just a powerful.

Cons

Shopworks is like Photoshop or many CAD programs, I bought it for a few key features and we use those hundreds of time each week on each work station. I know I bought and paid for much more power than those key features but have yet to find the time to fully explore all the bells and whistles SW provides I am also quite frankly tired of hearing other users trash the accounting look of SW. My accountant would love for me to simply export a pretty QB end of period but SW has the same info to satisfy the IRS, my bank, my financial planner and me as the business principal. The accounting principals I have learned have made me a better business owner.

Tim from Graphicon, Inc.

President

We started January 1 with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] visiting our location and helping us get started. The first 3-4 weeks were a disaster. Slowly we began understanding and able to use the software more comfortably. It is not a time saver, but we like the way that all is connected. It is very difficult to know what all it does. It was a rough first year on the software. We have found many obstacles getting it work in our system but are slowly overcoming. We have found that you almost have to be an expert in using the system to overcome these things. Hoping next year is smoother. Glad that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is in his new position. Hoping for lots of new things with fewer quirks. Also seems like the accounting part is an after thought. Very klunky for an accounting program.

Pros

That quotes, orders, POs , artwork and invoicing are all connected

Cons

There are a bugs, and it is klunky. It was very difficult to begin and train on. There is no way to know all of the functionality unless you watch all the videos. I don't see how any company of size could use this without personal training. Had we not have paid [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get us started, it would still be sitting unused.

Reasons for Choosing OnSite

Cost and seemed to accomadate our needs

Reasons for Switching to OnSite

It didn't accamadate all of our needs. We liked how all was connected. Though Shopworks would make our system work faster, but it didn't.

John from Wholesale Imprints. Inc.

On Site has enabled us to be ahead of the competition, as far as what we offer for Customer Service.

It has allowed us to be more efficient in all aspects of our company. From order entry , through production, shipping and invoicing. The support you have on Line as well as the Tech Service you receive is worth it. You are not hanging out on a limb after your purchase. Every company runs into IT problems of some sort. With On Site you may be down, but you won't be down for long.

Pros

It allows us to give our customers real time information. Reports are generated by every dept. in my shop which help keep them up to speed on what information they need to know on a daily basis. For scheduling production, there is not an easier program out there. As a shop management tool it will track your jobs from door to door. Creating owner reports on financials and individual customer tracking information it has proved invaluable. I can now in a few minutes pull numbers I need to make sound decisions. I use the add-on modules as well, like Manage Orders and Proof Stuff. These have proven to be a great advantage for us in a very competitive screen printing market. The Library of videos is very helpful for training new employees as well as a refresher course for others.

Cons

My only Con to this program would be on the accounting end of things. We have merged to the accounting module 3 years ago now. Previously we were on Quick Books which is pretty much made for dummies. To operate some of the reports and ledger entries you need a better understanding of accounting. And some of the reports in QB you can click on entries and the program automatically takes you to where that entry was made. Example: if you were reviewing a Profit and Loss statement, you could click on an account named "Misc. Revenue" and it would show what the make up of that account is. In On Site you can find the information but it takes a bit longer and is not straight forward.

Tim from Artistic Awards

Our lifeline

A huge time saver, also documents are professional looking and the ability to pull history from previous orders is great

Pros

This software eliminates the duplicating data entry multiple times, gives real time inventory, easy part creation and generating reports. Being able to clone orders is a real time saver especially in the awards industry. I also like being able to attach documents/images to emails or parts for visual confirmations

Cons

Needs to improve shipping section to include ship to phone number and email address. Needs to make sure that the number of characters typed into the ship to field matches/shows up on the sales order instead of cutting off city/state/zip. Faster way in sales order of "reducing quantity" of pulled line items, you have ADD feature. Faster way to "return" pulled inventory sales order, like a "Return all" feature.

Reasons for Choosing OnSite

We were one of the test awards companies to help make suggestions to tailor your product to our industry.

Reasons for Switching to OnSite

Wanted a way to reduce double entry and something that tied the entire company together.

Juanita from MOBO Enterprises Ltd.

Overall our experience with the Software has been good.

Flexible accounting side to the software.

Pros

The flexibility of the accounting system works well for us. The software does have a higher learning curve and unfortunately sometimes you need to go out of the software and exit completely for some changes to update. This needs to be worked on as there appear to be a few glitches in places. Order entry is okay. Overall the software meets our needs.

Cons

The reporting is confusing, and not easily structured to fiscal yearend reporting, but instead calendar year and this does create some challenges. The order entry could be simplified a bit to still get the same information. The P.O. section should have a default email address section to inform the suppliers where they need to reply to. Also, do need to have a cheque register report.....seems odd that there isn't one. Due to time change and limited support staff, it can be difficult to connect with support. Many times need to wait for until the next day for response. We have not ever been able to pick up the phone and speak with customer service and have a question(s) answered in that moment. Sometimes emails get responded to quicker, but still many times have to wait until the next day.

Cory from Aviator Gear

Salvation for our Promo Products Company!

Pros

The wheels were coming off, as we were growing fast, but still using spreadsheets to track orders. Cloud hosting is hands-off and a great value. Excellent organization of designs, products, pricing. Easy to invoice and submit purchase orders. Inventory management is very robust. Accounting module is outstanding. Shipping integrations are Ok...wish they had a ShipWorks integration.

Cons

Profit/Loss and Balance Sheet reporting is rudimentary, not Quickbooks level. Little to no CRM built into the platform.

Kelly from EMB Designs

Best software available for embroidery & screen-print companies . Couldn't run without it

Running a business with so many parts its hard to find software that can do it all but this does

Pros

The purchasing/receiving and being able to access all parts of an order in a general location to see if its been purchased, received, produced and even paid.

Cons

When entering orders sometimes it doesn't take right away when trying to put in a color of product . You have to click 2 or 3 times if the color inst entered as a drop down choice. Also in the general ledger if you clone it gives the same date as the clone not the date you cloned

Jerry from Red brick clothing

We have been shopworks user since 2001. We consider it a competitive advantage on our competitors .

The software is one of our most valued employees.

Pros

Does a great job managing information in a very detailed industry. It is built by people who have worked in and understands our industry. Handles all aspects of our business except for payroll. Worked for us as a small two person operation and works well as a larger company.

Cons

Cumbersome to install and learn but worth the time invested. My reccommendation is to install it early in your company's growth.

Ashley from Uth Stuph

An All in One System for your Production and Business Needs

Pros

I love that Onsite houses all our customer information, orders, accounting information and shipping information. Its literally the hub of our business. One of the features that helps me with daily information is knowing when the items have been produced and shipped that allows me to go back in and invoice the order. The shortcuts that you can set up divides your orders into smaller sections to caters to the information you need.

Cons

The number of licenses for the cost it should just be unlimited once you buy the software.

Paul from Brazen Clothing

Industry: Textiles

The best thing you can do for your Print Shop!

Pros

Shopworks have thought of EVERYTHING you could want a Print & Embroidery shop management system to do for our complex industry. I couldn't live without the daily production scheduling - its impossible to forget to meet a deadline!!! I love that everything is recorded for reruns, I love that I don't use a single other piece of software other than drawing programmes, I love how fast it is to go from a quote to a job to an invoice, I love the complexity that's available for special pricing for certain customers in certain situations, I love the way I can find things so easily within the search functions....I could go on and on. In 25 years of running my print shop of 9 hand presses, 3 autos and 5 embroidery machines, Onsite is by far the best piece of equipment that I have ever purchased for my business. …..and cost wise, I have paid for it twice over with jobs where printed work sheets were lost but because they had been marked as being produced in Onsite they were still invoiced, where in the past those jobs would just never have been charged out. Its a no brainer.

Cons

Because we're in New Zealand we had to set the system up ourselves which was a big job but it did mean I got to know the system 100% back to front - and that said, Shopworks were fantastic at answering questions and the online tutorials videos are so well made that we were able to set it up 99% unaided. I would love it is the size fields were longer....but hey, that's about the only even mildly negative thing I can think of.

Shaul from Artik

Onsite helped us get organize and gain control over our production, we went from stress to calm.

Pros

It's custom made for my industry, screen printing and decorated promo products. I like that it combines the power of a database with the visuals needed to see designs. Onsite helped transform our shop from chaos and stress to an organized calm shop. Now we all use the same system, when the garments arrive, the shipping receiving person marks the goods received and the status turns green, when production is done that status turns green. This means a rep can sit at his desk and when a customer calls he or she knows exactly what is happening with the order. I like that everything is integrates, designs, purchasing, production, accounting, customers, suppliers. All the data is searchable and we can make custom searches to always find what we need. The screen printing department has a search for 'All Screen Printing Not Done', once they see that list can see which jobs have the design done and the garments arrived, those jobs are ready to be put on the press. Every department has these kind of lists. The people at Shopworx are very friendly and responsive, they take feedback from thousands of customers and integrate it to the version. Onsite helped us grow while maintain control.

Cons

The toughest things with Shopworks was the accounting, it took a while to get it to wok for us the way we wanted it. Now it's woking great for us. This was nine years ago so I'm sure things are smoother now.

Howard from Alliance Graphics

Industry: Printing

Couldn't have grown our business without Shopworks

Pros

It is a full featured platform that allows us to integrate everything from quotes to designs to production to fulfillment to accounting all in one place and everyone who needs it has immediate access to the information they need. We started using OnSite in 2004 when we were a much smaller shop and we couldn't have grown to where we are today without OnSite helping us manage our growth. When we first started using OnSite we didn't use the software for accounting and were still using quickbooks. Several years ago we adopted the accounting piece as well and the results were dramatic as all our customers, numbers and info are now in one place. It's cut our workload almost in half. As we have grown it became impossible for anyone to remember all the details about all the pieces of the thousands of jobs that we run but OnSite remembers it all for us. Because it is a Filemaker based platform it's search features are really powerful.

Cons

The learning curve can be a little steep and we didn't always implement all the features we wanted because of the time it took to learn and teach everyone how to use it. For people who have used quickbooks some the accounting processes don't work exactly the same and it can be frustrating until it's figured out.

Denise from Expert T's of Jacksonville, Inc.

Best Investment for Our Business

One of the best things about Shopworks is the checks and balances. I use it for purchasing and am able to match PO's with payable invoices to make sure I am being charged correctly. I love being able to find the info I need quickly with the many ways items can be searched. We use a lot of the features and learn more all the time. Every couple of years we have a Shopworks rep come in and teach us more. They are a great company to work with.

Pros

When we started using Shopworks in 2007 we were writing our orders by hand and using an invoicing program to invoice them when complete. We had no way to track the status of an order except to run around the shop and see where it was. Shopworks takes care of that with a couple of clicks. I like having the ability to get all the info on an order in one place. I can tell who entered it, if the goods are purchased, if they have been received. I can see what the design status is, what the production status is and what the payment status is. If a payment is made on the order I can see what type of payment and if it has been deposited. Shopworks has so much info at your fingertips. Their tech support is top notch and solves any issues quickly. They listen to their customer needs and continually update and improve.

Cons

It has quite a learning curve but once you power through that it's great.

David from DF GRAFIX INC.

Very Good Day to Day Software

Good, just wish that the issues when upgrading the software are adjustable.

Pros

Easy to use once you understand the system. Keeps track of things so you can really see the Dollars in and out.

Cons

When they upgraded features added some that can not be turned off. Some have caused major issues with us using the software daily. With a simple added feature they added to the software. We spend at least a Hour every day with 2 people fixing work orders to be correct. All because they made it not possible for the Administrator to fix things. Uggh! they say its the way File maker is, but they can not fix the issue on there own software. That is why I think they need to have better Tech. Software support. other things that the do not help is how you have to go from the regular mode to a Calendar Mode to really use the Production Calendar. So you have to learn a second way to use the software and then its still not as helpfull as need be. Also Accounting could be better to use, Not even able to enter a Bill against 1/2 of a PO. Then only leave specific Qty items to be received on the Bill later. How do you know each bill is correct without finding the old one already filed away.

Software was better for Printing Industry

Jeff from Missouri Cotton Exchange

Industry: Printing

We have used OnSite since 1997 & give it the highest rating possible because it delivers non-stop.

Pros

This software runs our business from incoming orders, the art process, purchasing, receiving, production, shipping and invoicing. We have two locations and 13 users that all run through one server in real time. It helps us plan how much to schedule on a given day and exactly were in the process we are, instantly, from any station. We rarely have problems with OnSite even though we use it constantly, but when we do have an issue the Tech support team gets back with us in a timely manner. The fact that this program was written by a screen shop owner/operator is really apparent as they have covered it all. Over the years there have been numerous upgrades improving the existing system & adding new features. We can not imagine running our business with out OnSite.

Cons

There is not much to criticize, but I would say that this program is SO extensive there is a large learning curve to endure. If purchasing new, you will need someone to come to your location to teach you and your employees how it works. When we purchased the program, it was much smaller in scope but it took us a long time to start using all of the features available.

Steve from Kaleidoscope Imprints

Shopworks has made a huge positive impact on my business!

Pros

Shopworks allows us to control and track every aspect of an order. From order entry, to purchasing to scheduling and production then billing. It's one software program that keeps track of everything we do. Shopworks also allows us to analyze each order so we can check that our profit percentages stay on track. I also like that my entire system is updated instantly so I can get real time answers at my finger tips. It's easy to see what items are produced, ordered or received and with UPS integration I can track shipments from within the program. orders don't get lost and inventory is always up to date.

Cons

The scheduling aspect of the program is great in a perfect world but with backorders and stock issues it requires a lot of updating and adjustments. The production calendar is one part of the program that we struggle with. This is mainly caused by lack of inventory from our vendors and customers not approving art on time. The concept is spot on but in real life business the production calendar needs continuous attention. I also wish there was an undo feature. Once you type something or delete something there's no going back.

Michael from Two FIsh Apparel

This Program Runs Our Shop

Pros

I have been a Shopworks user for over 15 years. We just passed our 126,800th order and every one managed through Shopworks. I love the organization it brings to our order process. We have independent departments for customer service, artwork, receiving, production, and shipping. Shopworks allows my teams to manage their own work flow while keeping every order moving forward through the production cycle. I don't believe that we would ever had grown to the size we are without Shopworks helping us manage every aspect of our business.

Cons

I have shared with Shopworks support a few specific areas of Onsite where a few changes would be a particular benefit to contract decorators. I have always found the Shopworks leadership and technical support team extremely responsive to my improvement suggestions and requests.

Kim from Charitable Organization

Very easy to use and great options for this business. A must have!

Ease of use and having artwork and specs in each order. Great accounting fuctions

Pros

Search tools and easy use. Promotional company must have for its benefits. Use the finder every day multiple times. Great accounting features as well. Love how can delete a transaction and start over. The utilities is set up so can have great options for security. Have been using for 7 years now and cant imagine ever not having it. Old program did not have the capabilities of this program like artwork and production calendars. Notes are in all sections and very helpful. Would never go back to a regular accounting system.

Cons

Behind the scene tech issues. Like everything in live nothing is perfect ;) Have had technical issues that were not human , it does have a trouble shooter that is great if the period is still open.

Bob from Bobby Tees

Industry: Printing

Best Software Out There for Screen printing, Embroidery, and Advertising Specialties

This software takes the place of one or more people. I started with one user and once your on the network with several people do you appreciate the strength of the software in being all on the same page

Pros

It was made by a screen printer for screen printers. For small shops it may seem expensive but it forces you to organize yourself and as you grow its crazy how it helps you.

Cons

Sometime it can be too overwhelming. But as you grow you'll see why they do certain things

Reasons for Switching to OnSite

Its impossible to try to enter multiple sizes and colors on Peachtree or Quick Books without using a lot of line items. Also in Shop Works your associating your orders artwork and ink colors with those line items. Its ability to deal with the daunting issues of our orders is phenomenal.

Amanda from Signet Marketing

Great system, user friendly after a lot of training. Company great to work with and open to feedback

Ease of business. Great organization and readability of forms.

Pros

Usability for our business is great. Layout and overall organization is logical and easy to follow. The system has the ability to work other programs (ie. UPS) which is helpful.

Cons

Missing some key features (ie. thumbnails for variations, ability to modify message or box label templates, pop-up notifications for messages, pop-up status notifications, stamp of when Order was last edited, etc). Not able to work with Quickbooks. As we use that for our accounting, there is a lot of duplication of effort. System has to rely on uploaded catalogs instead of real-time updating of pricing. Would be great if able to pull "real-time" from the vendors versus manually changing. Have to ask for catalogs instead of Shopworks pro-actively getting and uploading.

Carl from Picturesque Graphics

Best available for us and getting better every year.

Best so far!

Pros

Customer Support operation is excellent. They are there when you need them - which is not very often.

Cons

More extensive data sort and integration tools will provide the numbers for user's individually needs; that is make final manipulation easier. Statistic sort tools and actual performance schedules could do with more integration/development. We get to 90+% for thorough analysis and thereafter it requires extensive - laborious - excel work to polish it off.

Reasons for Choosing OnSite

It delivers solid, scheduling, operations and accounting reporting and retention integration.

Reasons for Switching to OnSite

It was being used here when I bought the company. I reviewed other available options for contract decorators and this proved to be the best.

Cindy from Artwear Embroidery, Inc.

Shop Works keeps all aspects of our business organized and in sync. Improves overall efficiency

Please see my comments in the survey. I have recommended this software to several companies!

Pros

Organized and easy to use. Great reporting and comprehensive business management - marketing, quoting, receipt of customer orders, goods, and files, order entry, purchasing, production scheduling and tracking, QC, shipping, accounting, and follow up. Historical and planning information is easy to find and evaluate. Client records are invaluable. Saves time and money while improving our accuracy and accountability. The support team is always available, professional, and helpful - great communication!

Cons

Initial set up was challenging for us in 2002. Our company still needs to adjust some of the ways that we set up our data and use some of the modules.

William from Access Uniforms Ink

Shopworks is the Best!

The support is awesome and the accounting module is very complete and helps with reporting for Sales Tax and Income Tax time.

Pros

The ease of cloning old Orders. The ease of Searching and the voluminous number of reports you can generate!

Cons

Because it is so robust the learning curve is challenging especially for me as I'm no longer young (lol) so that took a bit of time. The younger people here caught on much quicker. Once you learn it you just keep on learning new things!

Reasons for Choosing OnSite

I can run my own company I don't need to be a member of a group where the software provider tells you how to run your company

Reasons for Switching to OnSite

We got too big for the old Software. Not able to handle our volume of orders. Also went out of business

Tony from Idlebrook Promotional Products

Shopworks is a very robust software package that can handle many different types of companies.

Pros

This software can be used for various types of decorating companies. Contract work..no problem. Direct sell...no problem. Fulfillment company that pre-prints their shirts...no problem. If you are in the Promotional product, apparel/decorating business then this software can help you organize the various functions of your business from art to production to delivery!

Cons

There is always a wish list or things you would like to be done differently. So not sure I would call them cons. We are just always sending in our thoughts and suggestions hoping to see these changes in upcoming software releases. Right now we are hoping for improvements in internal messaging and job-costing.

BETH from Century 2001 Inc

Could not run the company without !

Pros

If you are a decorator this software is for you. Production scheduling and design specifications have helped us tremendously . Employee accountability via "activities" has helped us to move to the next level of productivity in our sales and customer service departments. The quoting calculators have been one of my favorite features and helped us to avoid most pricing errors. Support has always been there for us when we have needed it .

Cons

The learning curve. There are so many things we are still not using after 3 years. To use for promo products you have to figure out some work arounds but it is doable. The quoting module is awesome but an use some upgrades.

Lindsey from Weiskamp Screen Printing

A great solution for Workflow and Reports

Overall, we love OnSite. We have looked into other options, but in the end this is the product that offers everything we need and works best with our workflow.

Pros

It makes communicating orders between departments very easy and seamless when implemented properly. Being able to search by company, contact or design makes finding past orders and details of those orders easy. There are many reports that can be run to help analyze profit, cost, order types etc.

Cons

The software is so robust that it can sometimes be hard to navigate and figure out how to ask it for the information you want or how to record the data you are collecting.

alyka from Athletic Sewing Center and Promotions

A+

Overall, we have stuck with it and made the most of it. There are some functions we can still improve on, but we love that onsite is frequently updating and improving the functions it has. We have looked at several other software options and always returned to this one.

Pros

We love that it is all-inclusive. We can do everything we need to do to run our business with this software.

Cons

It is difficult to set up, difficult to learn. There are so many functions that it is hard to get them all down in the most effective manor. There are a million teaching videos and they are all very long.

Not enough functionality in CS

Johanna from 707 Embroidery Zone

Industry: Textiles

Elegant program tailored for the Promotional Marketing Industry.

I have been using this software for more than 15 years. I am still finding features that I didn't know about which are very useful. It is all encompassing from quoting, order entry, production and accounting. There is no need for multiple programs to run our business. Shopworks can handle it all.

Pros

Shopworks was developed by people who were in the industry, so they know the needs of screen printers and embroiderers when it comes to shop management.

Cons

The tutorial videos are a little dry, and we find the webinars and interactions with tech support to be the best way to learn something new about the software.

Tanya from Fundy Textile & Design Ltd

Easy to use, Works well for our Company

It works well for our type of business, it helps with making the order process from entry to invoicing run smoothly. Locating information for analyzing is fairly easy and everything can be entered in a time friendly manner.

Pros

The ease of moving through the process of entering sale, to production, Shipping to Invoice is most convenient and makes it easy to follow the progress until completion.

Cons

Accounting for the receivables could be more user friendly and selecting information to run customer reports could be easier. A feature to lock the receiving on a PO once it reconciled in accounting.

Megan from Logo Boys

Over the past few months we had some issues when we were upgrading but with their technical support it made it all very easy to fix and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were very helpful when it came to hopping on to see the problem.

Pros

This software keeps everything organized and is very easy to use. It is great that anytime I need help or have a question their technical support usually can help me within that day to get the problem fixed.

Cons

No cons just some of the new features in the upgrade that are taking some getting used too.

Scott from Maple Avenue Apparel

This is a great tool for any business. It is easy to use and customer support is very helpful.

Multiple tabs allow for easy access and quick look up. Allowing certain areas to be blocked from the main server is nice too.

Pros

Each tab is it's own entity which allows us to block certain sections from our main server. I love the easy use of the program and the fact it allows the company to manage every aspect of our areas in one place. When an invoice is duplicated it is indicated in red. Adding customers and customizing their field is simple.

Cons

Learning the program and allowing certain area's to be blocked locked other sections. Our company needs to access the main customer page but if it is locked no one can edit it. They have to go to another tab to do that. Time consuming to go back and forth.

I could not run my business without it

I only use about 60% of the program but am always learning as I go along. This program helps to find every order we have ever done. Much faster than looking up the client info from a hard copy

Pros

Like that we can send out a quote and art approval then quickly convert it to an order. Easy to find repeat orders. Easy to find what invoices are outstanding or partially paid and what orders are in production.

Cons

A lot to learn for someone who has never used it before. would be nice to have the video close to the data entry we are doing at that time. as a help button.

Phil from Academy Crests

Academy Crests SW Review

Excellent and still discovering ways and making it suit our needs even better.

Pros

The interaction between all of the different departments is just brilliant and time saving.

Cons

We have found some issues with some of the accounting reports and because we moved from Quickbooks where the reporting was super. I think SW could improve slightly on this.

Reasons for Choosing OnSite

We were recommend OnSite by (SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN) and after an immense period of researching. Onsite definitely was the best.

Michael from Shadows Embroidery & Screen Printing

Very detailed system that let's you manage your business A-Z.

Pros

The thought process that went behind this to give you a 365 degree management tool. The level of detail to get to each customers sales is exceptional.

Cons

I find the customer service experience mediocre. I don't think the CS people are in tuned with the business side of things and expect the customer to understand the technical lingo. I recently submitted a minor upgrade suggestion and have yet to hear any response, even it was received or taken under consideration.

Ron from Titan Graphicss

Running your business

As with all new software, it take work to implement but now I couldn't work without it.

Pros

More features that I thought I would every use. Ended up using most of them. Ease of keeping up on orders being written by all sales people. Central ordering system. Easy to check status of all orders.

Cons

Scheduling take lots of work, but I think that would be the case no matter what software you use. costly to keep adding users.(We have 12)

Versatility

Kelly from Artistic Awards

Works well for our company!

Overall, once the software is set up for your company, it runs smoothly!

Pros

It keeps your company more efficient from start to finish with orders. We are able to keep better track of inventory. Also, I like the accounting features that are offered. The customer support is very helpful, too!

Cons

The implementation of the software is very time consuming! There is a lot of information that needs to be inputed before you can start using the software effectively.

Brenda from Pike Products, Inc./Space Shirts

So Grateful for Shopworks! It truly keeps track of everything!

Pros

It is all integrated! GL, Payables, Receivables, Production, Inventory, AWESOME. we can see all orders a client has purchased in the past .. by line item and drill into the purchasing.. Analysis can be done by Customer, or item or design..

Cons

Some things are set in stone and it is a little complicated to change something if a client changes their mind after purchasing and receiving are done on an order..

Tonya from Picturesque Graphics

Industry: Textiles

Wondered why we waited so long....

a more productive team

Pros

The ability to see in real time the orders being entered and produced to be clear on what production time is available as well as serving as a fingertip ready database for all customers and their designs.

Cons

There are certain limitations regarding the character limit for garment color descriptions as well as how many size fields are available to use which can be confusing when using "other" for multiple sizes.

Mary from Your Image Works, Inc.

Overall excellent

Pros

I've had ShopWorks for over 20 years. As a owner, I've learned the ins and outs of the system which has only made my business better. We've established weekly/monthly checks that makes year end books a breeze.

Cons

There are limits to ShopWorks which is frustrating. We've found work arounds but really didn't receive much guidance from ShowWorks on this. Technology is huge for our success so I need to eliminate human errors.

Raymond from SCREEN DESIGNS INC

Makes Daily Operations Easy & Deadlines Are Met

Keeping Track Of Orders & Production is more Efficient.

Pros

Shopworx manages all Customer Info, Makes Quoting easy & professional. Orders are managed & Deadlines are easy to meet. The software is the best tool for daily operations from quotes, artwork and customer management.

Cons

The accounting side is not as easy to use and needs to be more user friendly. Also accounts need to be set up the way that will work best for your business.

Kristine from 1 Day Signs

Industry: Printing

Onsite is very helpful for our specific needs.

It is really the only software we have seen that can be used for our industry throughout an order, from the initial order to billing.

Pros

This software is very useful for us in the sign making industry. It allows us to follow all steps of the process from the order, to billing.

Cons

It can be difficult for new staff to learn and is not particularly user friendly. Some of the steps you are required to take in the software seem repetitive or unnecessary.

Patrick from Covered Wagon Promotions

Essential

OnSite is really essential to our business. Tracks all of our orders, designs, and accounting. We've been using it for nearly 20 years and can't picture how we ever got along without it.

Pros

Tailored to my industry. Made by people who understand embroidery, screen printing, and promotional products.

Cons

No cons really. Mostly minor things like the window state/size is not saved and it takes up the whole screen every time I open it.

Matt from Advanced Graphix

Onsite

Pros

The ease of moving through the program is nice. You can click through all levels of an order from start to finish. We had Peachtree (Sage 50) before and it was a beating to track things down.

Reasons for Switching to OnSite

We switched since it is designed for our industry.

Matthew from MJ Corp

Shopworks from Onsite

Pros

I love how you can customize the software to fit all your needs. When it comes to setting up information about screen printing, putting in orders, colors, and handling the workflow its as good as it gets. It allows multiple users different permissions on what they can change add etc, which is useful.

Cons

The thing I like least is that we are capped out at 13 users on this and it is always a fight to be able to sign on. I am not sure why the cap the number of users on at a time, but it is very inconvenient when you need to add in an order or print a invoice

Sandy Mooney from Georgetown Shirt Company

SO worth EVERY penny!

Pros

For our shop it completely eliminated chasing paper, and making sure that everyone was on the same page! It is very easy to use (after learned), and has eliminated errors in purchasing and production for us. It has stream-lined every step of production, and our entire team loves working with it!

Cons

It was difficult in the beginning implementation. We needed extra training, but it was all so worth it!

Bret from R&R Enterprises

Efficient, Powerful, Analytics

We saved a lot of time and effort trying to keep all of our data current. Now we can see from a desk what exactly is happening and why it happened.

Pros

Shopworks automates a lot of tasks. Most importantly your departments are all connected based on a single order entry. Once the order is in, a few clicks and everyone can see what they need to do. If there are any changes, every department sees them immediately.

Cons

The software can seem cumbersome as it is loaded with features. Once you have an understand of how it works, then you will be able to use it to its full potential.

Leah from PRIME TIME SPORTS INC

This has been a large learning curve, but has been great for our business.

Pros

All our departments are now integrated, so it is very easy to see the status of an order. Tracking where your order is in the process it easy.

Cons

The product spec page is very time consuming. There are a lot of click and a lot of room for error here. Also the receiving labels are awful. There needs to be a way to print what you have received and nothing else.

Saul from ARTIK

We have been using Shopworks for 8 years now, and we love it!

Pros

It has streamlined our production amazingly well. Being able to see all our orders, with art and production method in the same place is fantastic. We can't even imagine going back to our old system of Quickbooks and paper orders.

Cons

Sometimes the accounting section is a bit lacking, but we make do and are always able to find everything our accountant needs.

Francine from Stitchy Lizard

Can't imagine running my business without ShopWorks OnSite

I used to have to use 4 different software to do what ShopWorks OnSite does. You ca go into ShopWorks and see exactly the status of each order for the whole company.

Pros

It tracks the order from quoting to shipping No need for another accounting software. It does it all. It has so many features.

Cons

I just find that sometimes there too many steps. Just a few minor things that can be better but nothing major.