All QAD Redzone Reviews

PJ

Reviewed February 2021

Great Software for a cultural transformation

We set out to gain visibility on that which we thought we saw each day. Before, we reviewed weekly production reports, mainly based on yield and units/labor hour. Issues would take a week or more to be surfaced, and solutions to fix them longer still. Today, we analyze each line in real time at the operator level, and if any metrics are our out of flux, our team can mobilize to fix the issue immediately and change the outcome for the day. This has empowered our teams significantly and unlocked tons of new capacity and lower costs.

PROS

• impactful and yet light-weight platform that gave us instant visibility of our 11 lines in 3 facilities. • multilanguage support in-app, native • mobile first - made deployment easy • up and running in 2 weeks • enabled a focus on outcomes, rather than activities • improved communication on the floor • uniquely integrated for quality & maintenance as well as OEE

CONS

Not necessarily a knock on the software, but for our legacy multi-generation family manufacturing business, there was a steep learning curve on some of the technical aspects of on-the-floor data collection. Make sure you have a strong IT infrastructure! I would like to see a special access "admin dashboard" that is in a browser and integrations with digital signage features on the cloud

Thanks for the thoughtful 'full house' review, PJ. Your focus on the 'outcomes versus activities' is really insightful.

Zachary

Reviewed March 2024

Enhancing Accountability and Communication in Sanitation Operations with Redzone

PROS

Incorporating Redzone into my sanitation team's operations has revolutionized the way I manage accountability and communication within my team. One of the most remarkable aspects of Redzone is its ability to hold team members and management alike accountable for their actions and responsibilities. With its intuitive interface and real-time tracking features, every task and objective is transparent and accessible. This level of transparency fosters a culture of responsibility and ownership among team members, driving them to consistently perform at their best. I would also like to personally thank [sensitive content hidden] , our Redzone coach, whose dedication and expertise have been pivotal in integrating Redzone into our daily processes. [sensitive content hidden] competence and innovative ideas have significantly helped our factory operations. Throughout the integration phase, [sensitive content hidden] patience and guidance were invaluable, ensuring a smooth transition and instilling confidence among our team. [sensitive content hidden] insights have boosted continuous improvement. We owe a great deal of our achievements to [sensitive content hidden] professionalism and support. Thank you, [sensitive content hidden] , for being an asset and driving force behind our journey towards operational excellence.

CONS

-Navigating the introduction of Redzone to team members unfamiliar with smartphones or tablets presented a considerable challenge. While I recognize that OEE serves as the primary metric within Redzone, I found it crucial to emphasize the significance of sanitation related features. These features have proven invaluable to our team's productivity and efficiency. Despite the initial difficulties in familiarizing everyone with the technology, the benefits of incorporating Redzone into our sanitation processes have been undeniable. Moving forward, I hope to continue highlighting the importance of sanitation related features within the platform.

Reviewed February 2020

Maximize efficiency

Productivity is the only problem we use redzone for its it works great shows trends and real time data information on production numbers.

PROS

Redzone is a great way to promote competition among employees we constantly are trying to beat each hour and the previous shift the real time productivity tracking shows us how we are doing allowing me to figure out when and where we can improve

CONS

It has some glitches. In all fairness it could be the sensors not the program. But it can be a pain to get back online when it does stop working.

Mark, Thank you for your generous rating. We would love to hear how we might increase your Likelihood to Recommend. I would suggest speaking with your Community Coach.

Replied January 2021

Leida

Reviewed December 2023

Best help ever

Wonderful!! Helpful tools, great implementation strategies and ease of communication

PROS

[sensitive content hidden] was super helpful in all aspects of implementation

CONS

People not using the tool provided until they realize the value in it

nitendra

Reviewed August 2023

Area manager experience on using Redzone

We recently just did a kaizen project using redzone and it's very easy to use and able to help us to identify where the problems are and we can easily allocate task the the right people so the matters can be deal with easily.

PROS

From an area management point of view. it provides very detailed and accurate data and this helps massively when we are tring to resolve daily issues. The systems helps us to interact with others in real time, a simple high 5 can mean a lot to the team.

CONS

i honest can not think of any areas where i dont like the system. i feel with any new system, it just takes time and practice to master the skill and using it daily. so far it's been a very pleasant journey and the system helps us to react to problems very quickly

Christopher

Sandridge Review

The coaches and the team really care about changing behaviors and culture (particular callouts to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) and that is commendable. They are always willing to listen on how they can improve the product. We're generally happy with the product, but would prefer it if the system forced employees to perform the correct function. Our employees will miss CCP checks and the system allows for this. We're working through it, but would like more functionality from the system on this.

PROS

I like the productivity module's focus on visual real-time feedback

CONS

The SPC module is difficult to use effectively and the Compliance module's inability to enforce checks to be completed has been a concern. Also, the Redzone TV's are constantly updating and not working properly. Not sure if this is a Redzone issue, but it's caused us to minimize the use of the TV's.

Thanks for the review Christopher. I'm sorry that you have some issues, but hopefully the 7 out of 10 ranking reflects that the pros outweigh the cons.

QAD RedZone

PROS

Training sessions and user froendly software.

CONS

Change is hard. Implementing changes. More of an employee issue than RZ.

Reasons for switching to QAD Redzone

Company directive to switch applications

Grzegorz

Reviewed April 2024

Day to day operations of Redzone for a night shift manager

Managing downtime and great tool to communicate with everyone within the business. When we have a issue on the line, the team leader can easily take a photo and share with the engineer. Problems gets reacted upon quickly and resolve quickly

PROS

Redzone is giving me live data and allow me to access instant information without any delay. I can have a live overview of all my production lines and I can easily resolve problems when I see a line is in red. I can also monitor the line performance and act upon request.

CONS

At this moment, I don't have admin permission. I under this is not Redzone, it's our internal policy. Specifically for nights shift.

bhagyen

Reviewed August 2023

voice from a front line team leader in a food factory

it makes our life so much easier, no more paperwork and everything is instanly accessible. i feel good that we are saving so many paper and help saving the earth!

PROS

Redzone is easy to use and when i am not on the shopfloor i can still monitor the performance of my line via the apple TV in the office. i am happy to see my performance everyday and i am happy to stay in Green! i find it very easy to enter downtime reasons and its easy to make changes if i made a mistake.

CONS

The only thing i dont like is that it's limited to apple device and i only have an android phone so i can't access to Redzone on my phone. the sensor can sometimes give bad readings and we need to ask an engineer to resolve this issue.

Brad

Great Program

PROS

User friendly Information is clear and easy to understand on the displays

CONS

Haven’t really experienced acon woth Redzone so far.

Randy

Red Zone Post

PROS

It seems to be more streamlined than our current model

CONS

Not Custom to plant, would be nice to have access to the coding

Shindy

Reviewed August 2023

really good software and great coaching support

since using redzone, we reduced a lot of manual downtime recording, the total number of paper on the shopfloor has been reduced and overall the time it takes to do admin task has beed reduced.

PROS

the system gives us live data and it's very easy to understand and all departments are now in sync and everyone is talking the same language which is OEE! everyone is happy to see their live performance and we even have a little internal competition

CONS

i wish the system can refresh a little faster, at the moment there is about 30 seconds time delay between product going pass sensors and what we see on the tv displays, i wish we had this system sooner.

mohsen

Reviewed April 2024

Relief team leader in a sandwich factory production

Before Redzone, when I have a problem on my production line, I needed to call many different people to get the help that I need. After using Redzone, I can take a photo / video share to everyone within one click and I can also tag specific people in a group to help me. Problems get resolve quickly

PROS

I like the communication aspect of Redzone. We can see live updates, and helps us to follow up on outstanding tasks as well as helping us to run smoother meetings.

CONS

It's a little big complicated to use, it has many icons and pages. First time logging in can take a bit of time.

lauren

Reviewed August 2023

i really enjoy using Redzone!

For our shift, we have completed removed paper from the shopfloor, we are only using redzone to record downtime and it's been very easy to use. The system gives us total transparency and makes very easy to find the root cause of our problems.

PROS

Redzone give me an overview of the whole shopfloor, sometimes i needed to go away from the warehouse i can still oversee the area and give support where i needed.

CONS

i am very happy with the overall system but once 90 day package is completed, it's down to our internal engineers to help upkeep the sensors. these sensors are the key to our success, if they are giving the wrong information we will be back in the dark.

Albert

Reviewed April 2024

Team leader in a food manufacturing company

Communication, everyone is using it and we can see live data as well as what others post about their lines.

PROS

I like all the information that Redzone provides, I can communicate easily with everyone within our organisation. We also have groups and meetings set up so information a can be managed very easily and easily accessible

CONS

For the first time, I don't the system not very user friendly I need some time to get used to.

saranlak

Reviewed December 2023

Redzone compliance in Thailand!

it's a usful tool for data collection and data analycial. it helps to engage people and gives our organisation to have a clear picture of performance. we can easily spot where our losses are. then we can track all the improvement actions with identified ownership of each task. Redzone also helping us to reduction papaer comsumption cost.

PROS

i like how redzone can set up triggers for checks. these triggers can be based on a downtime event and it can be programmed automatically and accurately. we know how much we loss with the reasons and this helps us a lot in terms of further improvement.

CONS

i really enjoy the redzone training and theres nothing we dont like. the only downside i can think of is my team found some difficulty to use both paper and redzone for recording checks this creates duplicated work for them. but this will be phased out once we fully implement.

Gavin

Food Production, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2022

Impact of Redzone

I have been working with Redzone now for over 2 years having worked as part of the team who chose the product. Implementation & Coaching team ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] ) are incredibly approachable, adaptable and skilled in their roles, flexing styles & challenges depending on the audience.

PROS

So easy to use, user experience for colleagues on in production environments is exceptional. Performance updates / screens are easy to understand for everyone!

CONS

SPC module within the roll out has been difficult to implement and will yield some sugnificant opportunities

Reason for choosing QAD Redzone

Easy for user for both interaction & interpretation of performance data

Amaury

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Redzone Productivity Module

PROS

The best thing about Redzone is the transparency and visibility of all the things that are happening on the production area. Another great feature is how easy it is to communicate with the rest of the departments using the Line Log feature. This software has increased the engagement between departments in our company.

CONS

The fact that it is iOS based can be something good and bad at the same time. I would like to be able to see the Redzone information on another device (laptop, pc) that is not my iPad, iPhone or apple tv.

Reasons for switching to QAD Redzone

More accuracy on the data. Eliminate human error. Improve the process.

Thanks for the review Amaury. Happy to hear how the fundamental premise of Redzone--giving frontline workers a 'voice' through modern communication technology--has increased engagement.

Food Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Redzone Production System - UTZ Brands

We have implemented the productivity and compliance module at 12 of our factories and have had improvements in performance at every plant. With the impact to results and the ability to get employees more involved in the CI process we have been very happy with our selection decision to implement Redzone

PROS

The availability to have real time data at the line and to increase the accuracy of our data capture. This has been a foundation to the identification of productivity/waste reduction opportunities. The compliance module has been critical for standardization across all our facilities and has been a foundation of our Food Safety Program. We have had several SQF auditors tell us that we are best in class because of Redzone and our application of the software. The last is the improved communication across the plants, the chat functionality was a surprise that has been critical to the improvement.

CONS

I do not have any Cons to share. The software has delivered a lot of value and we continue to learn and expand our utilization.

Reason for choosing QAD Redzone

The decision to purchase the software was based on four critical factors, 1) Utilization of mobile technology, the user interface was very easy for are operators to use. 2) Real time data and ability to access data, 3) light IT infrastructure and easy of implementation, 4) Value from a cost perspective. The coach in module and access to a community of like customers was a differentiator over other options

Thanx for the 5 out of 5 / 10 out of 10 review, John, but what I think is most compelling is the 12 out of 12 plants that have resulted in productivity improvements!

Replied April 2021

Jagadeesh

Reviewed May 2021

Buy Redzone - No Brainer!

Initially we started with Productivity software and during the first year, we increased our productivity by 50%! If we don't have Redzone for even an hour, we feel like crippled! I will be calling everybody I know in Redzone to get it fixed, but that happens may be once in 2 years because it hardly goes down and no issue at all! Compliance software - Trust me, Initially there was lot of pushback from QA dept to get this implemented because all of us are used to doing this in a way that suits us! But trust me, after implementation and they started using it, they cannot live without Redzone! Even the QA tech's love this ease of software compared to paper. We are like 95 % paperless and depend everything on Redzone. Lastly but not the least, again Redzone people haven't paid me to say this, Just call Redzone and get it installed! Seriously NO BRAINER!!!! All of you will see the results when your bottomline (EBITDA) keep increasing every year, this is absolute required when everything around us keeps increasing including hourly wages and we cannot increase our customer prices! End of the day, if you don't like it, it's easy to cancel the Redzone! As simple as that! Good Luck Folks.And so far probably I have shown the software to 20 or 25 customers, and almost all of them have signed up for Redzone after our call or plant tour in our facility.

PROS

- Ease of use especially for hourly workers including any language speaking employees! Because it's as simple as identifying Red / Green and make a decision. - Software use to drive the productivity. - Great knowledge of Redzone Coaches. - Accessing the history is terrific, especially when we have a BRC audit, lot of auditors were super impressed and even mentioned that every company needs to use the Redzone to make the auditor lie easier too! - Etc etc, because I can keep going and write 2 pages about it.

CONS

- Nothing I can think of. - Somebody need to own this and be an expert, it's definitely not like turning on the switch and forgetting about it.

None.

Thank you for the review and especially for the compelling call to action: "Buy Redzone - No Brainer!"

Replied June 2021