All CorelDRAW Reviews

Reviewed May 2021

Fantastic software!

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Best Graphic Designing Tool

All in all Corel was made with graphic designers in mind, all tools are easily accessible with easy to remember shortcuts too, the ability to drag and edit any object whether in curves, BMP, JPEG or text makes working within this software effortless.

PROS

Corel draw is on of the most user friendly software but yet powerful graphic design software's, most or all the tools needed like color pallets, pen tools, shapes, cropping tools, rulers and measurements plus many more tools are carefully placed on the screen so that I do not have to start looking for tools within the software menus or submenus while working, so in short its very convenient.

CONS

In order to edit images in Corel Draw it has to load Corel paint and now you have two software's for one simple edit, wasting both time and computer resources, that is processing power and RAM.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

Corel draw has a simple workflow and if you are a graphic designer the possibilities are endless, sharing ideas from the mind to the software is seamless. It also allows ease of use with large format printers for the final artwork or plotters for shirt designers.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

Adobe photoshop is a great photo editing software but when it comes to graphic designing for example create art works in curves, or for billboards and drawing related graphics it is not too convenient and one has to go through hoops for basic things Corel Draw can do in mere seconds.

JAZE

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Explore CorelDraw

My creative juices are constantly flowing when I'm using this software, I just made a massive fashion catalog in a span of one week because the software reduces all the monotonous tasks I usually have to deal with to a minimal.

PROS

If you are a graphics professional looking for a powerful solution to boost your creativity, then look no further than the new CorelDRAW 2021 Graphics Suite. It amplifies the design process by giving you advanced illustrations and superb photo editing features that help you achieve nothing less than a masterpiece every time. The software comes with a versatility that will satisfy any creative need. It is an all-in-one graphic design suite for vector illustration, page layout, photo editing, font management and so much more.

CONS

I was not able to find any cons about the software, I tried so hard to see were the faults were but till this day, I have been nothing but pleased with it.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

From what I have gathered about Photoshop Elements, it seems to be more inclined for the photo-hobbyist than the graphic designer.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

I think that Adobe Illustrator is overrated and CorelDRAW is totally underrated, in this instance I gave the underdog a shot to impress me and it didn't disappoint. I don't think many graphic designers know what they are missing out on when it comes to CorelDRAW.

Charles

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

Corel Crash

I am a Corel Draw professional. Been using since Corel Draw2. I have upgraded just about everytime Corel came out with a new version. 2017 (19) was the last stable version. 2018 was terrible and 2019 seems to follow suite. I run it on W10 Pro on a Older MAC Pro (8 Core 32GB, 1G VC) using Parallels desktop PRO version. Do yourself a favor and learn illustrator!

PROS

Looks Fancy, has some cool drawing tools

CONS

Crashes all time, makes thing more complex than they need to be.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

I am a 25+ year veteran with corel Illustrator was a harder program...now not so much. I have used 2,3,5,7,8,9,11,12,X3,X4,X5,X6,X8, 19,20 and now 21 was not much of a choice. Corel has always had it's issues but this new version SUCKS. Oh and congrats on going MAC too bad it will not run on EL Capitan. Way to go Corel.

Gideon

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Corel draw, the best among all the alternative software's for graphic designing.

I love it, I will say, it is my daily drive in cutting the vinyl's.

PROS

It boosts one's creativity, and with it, you will get the masterpiece at all times. it is so versatile, and it is so easy to navigate through its layout. I also love the way it integrates with plotters efficiently.

CONS

There is a problem with clashing of the Sofware sometimes, I have to always save the work as I am doing to avoid losing my progress.

Erik

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Old but still gold.

9/10 Good price, you learn a lot using this, it's like training wheels for graphic designers

PROS

I loved it because it is the software for begginners, its simply to use and once you can dominate and learn how works, you can jump to another software more complete. Or you can still using this one.

CONS

Its like a little old, and it need some upgrades to keep competing with newest software.

Because of the price.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

I wanted to keep learning more softwares because you never know when you're gonna need work with another.

jouvann

Import and Export, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

CoralDraw is the best

CorelDraw first helped me edit images now i can make adverts when my company employs more people and its very effective. This program is very cheap and fun to play with even if you have nothing to do. It makes everything you edit look very professional.

PROS

-Reasonable price -Good for beginners -Comes with a lot of pre-loaded functions -Easy to learn and handle -Compatible with all windows

CONS

-buying addition programs cost a lot -not part of more complete packages with constant updates

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

photoshop was to expensive and had no work guide for the editing i needed

Alex

Printing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

CorelDraw is still the best for a sign shop business!

Amazing, powerful and will be using it for years and years to come. Very user friendly and makes me a super hero when I am using it.

PROS

The price and the features of CorelDraw is not to ignore. Its the most versatile graphics software in my opinion.

CONS

The CorelDraw App is not as robust than the actual software. But I understand because its a web based software.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

Its price, its features and includes PhotoPaint which is a photoshop version of CorelDraw.

Edwin

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

CorelDraw the best powerful graphic editor available

This software is really one of the best old software's for graphic and vector editing. It performs well once you get understanding on how to use it. I would urge people to use since learning how to use it not that complicated.

PROS

First what I liked about this software is because it is user friendly, it is easy to operate or use that software. Another this is its interface, it is so really simple in that I did not have any difficulty working with the features and components to come up with something productive. Another thing I like about this software is that it is available in more than platforms. Lastly it has an excellent collaboration tool in the comments sections which enables other users comment on its artwork without necessarily downloading the application.

CONS

Sometimes loading this application takes a lot time and this is really boring. Its pricing is somehow high compared to adobe related software's. It also has free version although it has limited features. I don't have much more negative about this software since it addresses all issues related to editing.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

The reason why I chose this software is because it is simple to learn though the all perform same and exemplary works.

Peace

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

User friendly

PROS

I have been using this product for over 16 years. That alone means a lot. It helps display the creativity I feel inside

CONS

Can this product have a language interface

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

The tools in CorelDraw are not hidden. There's easy-going working with layers

Meghan

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

CorelDRAW for screen printing

so far i really enjoy it, its very easy to use and my kids like it to.

PROS

I love that I can use it with all my programs, computer and tablet

CONS

Sometimes, it cliches a lot, needs an update, and will crash and not save my work

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

the cost of the product and i wanted something easer to use.

Robert

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Common-sense vector graphics software

Overall, I am very happy with CorelDraw and really enjoy using it. I've used it nearly every day since 2006.

PROS

CorelDraw is by far the easiest vector editing software to pick up and learn as an absolute beginner. I started using vector graphics with a combination of Adobe Illustrator and 3D Studio Max nearly 20 years ago and about 10 years later I was shown CorelDraw and I haven't gone back to Illustrator since.

CONS

While CorelDraw may have a great UI and do a great job with creating and exporting vector images, there are (2) very distinct features that have always given me issues. 1) The text engine is very poor. Oftentimes, Corel cannot accurately display text position on a page unless the text is converted to curves. Draw is also absolutely dreadful with typing on a curve, especially around lower edges when it must align the spacing along the top of the letter. 2) when exporting a .jpeg proof, the 24-bit RGB format often changes the colors in the proof which can lead to rejections from the customer. (FYI: To fix this, export the image as CMYK from Draw, open in Photoshop and convert to RGB and re-save).

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

Ease of use from a beginner standpoint. I was able to learn quickly and teach my coworkers without prolonged classroom sessions.

Hayden

Media Production, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Where everything started, and keeps on going.

I started my design life with Corel Draw when I worked on a advertisement agency back in 1998. I was able to produce a lot of content and it was a fun experience to start the design journey with Corel. I ended up switching to Adobe Illustrator in 2004, since that was the software choice for the company that I worked for, and I learned to adapt to it, and ended up completely changing my workflow for it. Back then I worked on Macs and Corel was not an option. About four years ago I switched back to PC, and Corel was a big part of my decision to change OS. I loved going back and re-discover Corel Draw and get my design curiosity sparked once again. I still go to Corel Draw once in a while, since the bulk of my work is video and animation, I don't use it as a daily driver, but love to know that this software exists and it's better than ever.

PROS

This is the software that ignited my love for graphic design, Fully featured graphics and content production Can be purchased upfront and you own that version forever.

CONS

It's not industry standard for the US market. Has some hoops that needs to be jumped through to make it work with other contributors Also implemented the membership model (but it can also be bought in full)

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

I use them all to be honest. Each one has it's strengths.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

Design tools curiosity and the fact that I can purchase the software instead of renting it.

Goran

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Good vector illustration software

I used to use CorelDRAW when I started my professional journey but I soon switched over to other apps and CorelDRAW was all but forgotten. In late 2020, I bought the Humble Bundle bundle that included CorelDRAW and I was immediately star-struck. It is now a beautiful, modern, and very user friendly piece of software. I started using it for designing graphics that we put in our documentaries. I now use it together with all the other graphic software, especially when vectors would be a better option for the project, and I am extremely happy with it.

PROS

I love how much CorelDRAW improved in the last year. It went from being an ugly duckling to a beautiful and useful software. It even has a collaboration chat feature built in! It is also industry standard in printing shops which greatly helps streamline my other business.

CONS

I like CorelDRAW and could not find anything wrong with it. If anything it is a great alternative to other vector illustration softwares like Adobe Illustrator.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

I moved over from Adobe products because they are following a software-as-a-service model that I dislike.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

I accidentally re-discovered CorelDRAW in a Humble Bundle bundle and have started using it since. Inkscape is still a great free alternative, but CorelDRAW is a complete suite that is great to have.

Stephen

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

I resisted buying a product like this for so long - I wish I had bought it years ago!

CorelDRAW is quite simply one of the best purchases I have ever backed. It gets used 2, 3 or 4 times a week acoss the business. The incredible number of tools available may not all be used by us but the fact is, when someone has an idea to do something, CorelDraw has a simpler or better way of doing it than other products we have used previously.

PROS

If you have used a graphics program before, then this is a professional solution will be a familiar one.

CONS

It is important to understand layers and also how to select different elements for editing.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

I don't like the complexity of Adobe Illustrator, neither do I like a subscription model. The fact is that Corel offer lower cost solutions and if I dont buy a new version each year then it is even cheaper overall.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

We needed to be able to create and edit graphic solutions in different formats

Hafiz

Animation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Graphic design makes easier

My graphic workflow becomes easier when I starter using CorelDraw. They have all what I needed in one place.

PROS

I like the simplicity of the software. They only focus on more important features.

CONS

They don't integrate with AI. I hope in the future they can put AI features so users can have more flexibility to create anything.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

CorelDraw is more versatile.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

The layout in Adobe Illustrator is quite confusing.

Tetty

Furniture, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2019

One of The Essential Software for Graphic Design

I have been using CorelDraw since i started my vocational highschool back around 2009. Currently i am using CorelDraw X7 to help me finish my work as Web and Graphic Designer. It isn't the most updated version but i can still find features or tools that i needed the most. I took Multimedia as my major when i was in highschool. I work a lot in creating vector image, especially for logo making. I work as Graphic Desiner as my side job when i went to college to help me cover up my bills. I work a lot in logo making, banner and flyer design and also some website layout design. I also did some comission art work for souvenirs or gift. Now i am using CorelDraw for building the brand of my company where i work a lot in graphic and visual for website and social media. CorelDraw is a part of my life i would say, if that doesn't sounds too cheesy. But seriously, CorelDraw has helped me in many aspects such as hobby, career and even financial. It is user friendly and challenging your creativity.

PROS

CorelDraw is one of the most essential software for graphic design. It helps you create many things such as vector illustration, logo, web graphics etc. It is easy to use and came with many advanced tools that you can use to build your professional project or art work. When you open the software to start a new project, it will first give you an option in which kind of graphic you would like to work. Start from the work area or page size, resolution and dimension. It is very important because it is related to the quality of your final project. Once you are in the work area or page, you can can always add a new page for each project but it will saved in one .cdr project file which i find it really convenient. Instead of having a lot of project file, you can have one project file which consist several works. Another thing, there is a hint tab which give you tips and tricks on designing.

CONS

As a graphic design software, CorelDraw have so many tools which is makes it a little difficult to use if you have never work with any of graphic design software before. But you can always read the manual, watching tutorials or read the hint tab. Even though it has many tools, CorelDraw still lack of photo editing tools or features but i can still use Corel Photo-Paint if ineed to do a photo editing

Tim

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

The easier,cheaper route to desktop design excellence

The competition in the market for desktop design software is very much skewed against the success of corel draw, but it surprisingly has stood the test of time.Most powerful and popular design software really takes alot of time to learn in a useful manner. Coreldraw is the opposite, especially for those of us who have design intersecting with their work, but not neccessarily being their main Job. Team members who learnt with coreldraw rarely used other tools except the rare occassion to make a file suitable for sharing.

PROS

Once you setup corel, the design environment is straightforward to get started with, and functionality is easy to decipher from the available menus.

CONS

Because its not the default design software most people use, you have to always be deliberate and considerate of how you manage your design files to be compatible with other software.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

easier and cheaper to get started.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

learning curve was too steep

1 employee