All Gain Reviews

Lena

User friendly , easy to navigate and visually appealing

Time saving, more professional.

Pros

Visual previews of all content, ease of sharing content for approval with clients, ability to export content as a PDF after approvals, automatic scheduling to Facebook or Instagram

Cons

Inability to tag Facebook accounts (although this is due to a Facebook privacy change), customer service can take a while (due to us being located in Australia), posting more than one image to a post automatically shares it as an album (which we don't always want).

Response from Big Propeller

Hi Lena, thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that GAIN is helping your team to save time. We wanted to address the issue you faced when including multiple images in one post being shared as an album on Facebook. A couple of months ago we implemented changes to the Facebook posting to make this work in the way that you actually expect. GAIN now uses native Facebook multi-photo posts. This means multi-photo posts now use Facebook's scheduling engine (useful for boosting posts before they're published) and there's no need to create an album just for the photos in the post. If you have not tried posting multiple images since then please do, and let us know how it works for you! Thanks!

Replied May 2018

Curt

February 2022

Use Gain app to effortlessly schedule social content across multiple channels

Pros

The Gain app is so easy to set up social media channel marketing across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn (plus other channels). We use the calendar view to easily know which posts will appear on specific channels. Posts can be scheduled and we trust they will deliver on time. One of the best features of the app is the review and approval process. We can send posts out for review and monitor changes and approvals. We work within a compliance-controlled industry and this review process is critical to our workflow.

Cons

The Gain app is really solid but one aspect of the app that can be improved is the ability to sort and prioritize content tags. We can search the content tags to find specific posts but it would be nice to be able to order the tags by our preference to aid in search.

Reasons for choosing Gain

We chose Gain over Hootsuite based on a lower price for Gain but also because of a high recommendation by our agency partner.

Response from Big Propeller

Hi Curt, thanks so much for your review! We're so glad that the approval workflow and the activity tracker are working well for your work in such a highly regulated industry as banking. That's exactly what we set out to do when we designed Gain! Thanks for your suggestion to improve the content tags, our team has been discussing how to improve them so your feedback is timely. Also, we just made our roadmap public so our users can see which projects we're working on, upvote their favorites, and even suggest new features. We invite you to take a peek! You can access it from your Account menu in Gain.

December 2022

Approval System for multiple companies

Amazing system

Pros

We use the system for the cost effectiveness to manage 5 social media platforms and to obtain the approvals from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] so the process is streamlined

Cons

All seems good our social media manager uses it all. Some larger files he finds are too big to obtain the approvals so he uses emails

Reasons for choosing Gain

We had Hootsuite but now cancelled it.

Great product but struggles to address key issues

Pros

It's easy to use, lots of good tools for agencies, far better than other similar products

Cons

Every now and then bits of the tool break. The most recent has caused major problems for us and the clients but seem to be a low priority for the GAIN team. For example, in this case, posts are not displaying properly on LinkedIn. We get these issues aren't always in GAIN's control but would appreciate more urgency and communication around the problem.

Alaiska

November 2022

Each day better

Really good. It solves almos all my needs in Social Media Managing.

Pros

What I love the most is that the Gain team is always looking to improve this software. I used it a year a go and importante changes have been done.

Cons

I think it could be better automating the stories publishing and adding stickers in the app.

Reasons for choosing Gain

Because gain allows me to review the calendar easily, a think almost any other similar product don´t alllow.

Emily G

Industry: Online Media

Gain is my best friend!

I love it! Gain is pretty much the most used platform. I've been using for years and it's an easy and efficent way to het things done. Also, it makes my client's approval process easier.

Pros

Gain has been a crucial part of running my small business. As a social media manager, it's great to have a tool that makes the approval part with the client so easy.

Cons

I wish that Stories had it's own option, since I need to plan them for both IG and Facebook. Also, wish the uploading of said content wasn't manual.

Reasons for switching to Gain

It was complicated and since some of my clients are not tech savvy, the approval process for content was slow and frustrasting.

Response from Big Propeller

Hey Emily, thanks for your review! That Gain is pretty much your most used platform and that it makes your client's approval process easier is music to our ears :-) We understand how it's not ideal to have to use a workaround to manage your Facebook stories. We'd love to hear more about your workflow please feel free to contact support to schedule a meeting with our product team so we can improve your experience!

Jackie

February 2022

The best social post-scheduling tool I've used

I worked with Gain for a few years and loved it, but then my company switched to another social scheduling platform, and it was a nightmare for both myself and my clients. I had no idea how effective and easy-to-use Gain was, compared with competitors. We're now back with Gain and it's been smooth sailing ever since!

Pros

I love everything about Gain. From a user perspective, it's easy to navigate, and the calendar view is helpful when looking at your month at a glance. It's easy to connect social channels (as long as you have the correct permissions.) When I sent content for approval to clients, I've never had an issue with anyone being confused. it's very user friendly, even for those who aren't tech-savvy.

Cons

Right now GIFS and carousel posts for Instagram have to be manually published, and would love for them to have the ability to be automatically published in the future!

Reasons for switching to Gain

Gain is more user-friendly, for both employees and clients.

Response from Big Propeller

Hi Jackie, we are thrilled to hear that you find Gain easy to use and that you've never had an issue with your clients approving content. We're so glad you're back to Gain and we really appreciate you leaving a review! At this point, the Instagram API only allows auto-publishing for single-image and single-video posts but rest assured that the moment their API allows auto-publishing for GIFs and Carousel posts we'll jump on it. We can't wait!

Good social scheduler

Gain is easy to use and easy to connect channels. We use it daily to schedule social posts for clients and I like that we can separate each one so that nothing gets mixed. Be aware that there aren't any analytics available, this is just a scheduler and approval workflows.

Pros

Gain is a good platform to use if you just need to schedule social media content. You can connect Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. It is also capable of file collaborations. There are approval workflows built in so that a client or other team member can approve posts.

Cons

If you have a post that you would like to feature on different channels, you have to duplicate the post. Other schedulers allow you to craft it within one box and modify it for each channel.

Geoff

January 2023

Reliable software, reliable people

Pros

Calendar, approval workflows and setup are all great to use, customer service aids us and we have seen an increase in reach.

Cons

Sometimes getting work flows tailored is challenging for some team members. Some trial and error.

Blaine

January 2023

Gerber Park review

Very positive and highly recommend. I enjoy the ease of access and that I can work autonomously and have my team and supervisors approve and give suggestions after content is created. Work is not lost in emails, etc. because it is all in the Gain workflow. Whenever I've reached out asking for assistance from Gain, their employees are very timely and approachable and patient.

Pros

Workflow approval process is a huge benefit, when we have multiple ideas and opinions, knowing when all folks on the team approve it means we get the green light to post- this helps save us time and redundant conversations regarding social media posts. I like auto-scheduling and the ability to see your drafts in different formats - ie calendar view.

Cons

I don't like that on Gain I cannot upload both a video and photos to Instagram when on the Instagram app you can upload a video and photos in the same post. I would be curious to learn more about the features that Gain offers.

Qussai

February 2022

Managing all social media accounts + Approvals from one place!

Pros

- You can create your own flow for social media content - You can create workspace for each business - You can set a system for the approvals

Cons

- You can't publish multiple images or reels on instagram automaticly

Response from Big Propeller

Hi Qussai, thanks for your review! It sounds like your team is really taking advantage of the workspaces and approval workflows to organize and streamline their work for your social media clients. Although right now the Instagram API only allows single-photo and single-video posts to be published automatically from external apps like Gain, you can be sure that as soon as they allow it for multiple images and Reels, we'll add it immediately!

Kara

Happy Agency Customer Since 2017

We've been using this for 5 years. It's my favorite tool. I groan when clients make us use whatever caveman spreadsheet they rely on internally. Gain is so clean and efficient.

Pros

Gain delivers on its promise: to make content collaboration run smoothly for our internal team, and make approvals easy and fun for even our most tech-averse clients. Clients who have had to approve content through other systems FAR prefer how we run things in Gain.

Cons

Would really like an Instagram grid planner and more advanced integration with paid social. Also functionality with emerging platforms. But seriously, the grid planner. I have to use a GOOGLE SLIDE to see how all my IG images are going to look together in the feed. We're better than this, Gain.

Reasons for choosing Gain

If you reach out (as Deb has before), I can share some screen shots of my client's stupid spreadsheets so you can see what features they need to see that we're not able to share in Gain.

Response from Big Propeller

Thanks for the love, Kara! Knowing that Gain is making approvals easy and fun for even your most tech-averse clients makes us feel all warm and fuzzy. We have good news for you Instagram grid planner is on our roadmap for this year! And we'll definitely reach out to see those spreadsheets. Also, we just made our roadmap public so you can see the projects we're prioritizing and even upvote the features you want the most. Just go to your Account menu in Gain and click on Product Roadmap.

Helena

February 2022

If you need a Content Approval tool, Gain is the way to go.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this tool. It saves us valuable time and effort, it's easy to use and it gives us the ability to collaborate and stay organized. The customer service team is so wonderful to work with too. They are helpful, friendly and they respond promptly. Simply put, you just can't go wrong with getting this tool.

Pros

Gain has a lot of pros when it comes to managing content. It allows us to automate the content calendar approval process, cuts routing time, reduces margin for error and we can preview the content to sew what it will look like once published. The big winner is that there's a audit trail of who did what and when. This helps strengthens accountability and coordination. The customer service team is A++++.

Cons

No keyword filter, unable to upload mixed-format stories or multiple videos for stories.

Reasons for choosing Gain

Ease of use, inexpensive, and functionality.

Response from Big Propeller

Hey Helena, thanks so much for this review! We're so happy that Gain has cut down the time you spend on approvals and that the activity tracker has helped with accountability and collaboration. And the Customer Happiness team sends love right back! Although we don't have a timeline for it yet, we do have a search function on our roadmap that will allow you to filter by keyword, so we'll keep you posted!

Carly

We love Gain at Yellow Pages

We love gain, we did witch to hootsuite and it was a big mistake for our business to do so. We have a high level of interaction with our clients.

Pros

Mostly everything I like. Everything is consistently good with functionality and also the support if I ever have questions.

Cons

Would love to have more capability to automatically post different types of posts to Instagram.

Reasons for switching to Gain

I didn't make that choice so I don't know.

Response from Big Propeller

Hey Carly, Thanks so much for your review! We're also very happy you came back to Gain. It's great to hear that Gain helps you manage the high level of interaction you have with so many clients. Know that we're always keeping an eye out for changes to Instagram's API and as soon as new post types can be auto-published from external apps like Gain, we'll add them in a heartbeat!

Sébastien