All Google Cloud Reviews

Google Truly is the Best

Darien

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

PROS

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services. On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

CONS

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Simplicity of interface & familiarity with brand

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Squarespace no longer fit our design or hosting needs.

Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

PROS

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis. I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid. AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps. They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

CONS

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly. DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data. AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

We chose Google Cloud over Amazon because it was more cost effective at the level of usage we were expecting.

Ethan

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Best suite of apps for businesses

PROS

I absolutely love firebase. There’s so much you can configure, and since it’s running on googles servers, you practically have no down time!

CONS

Learning how to use it can be a little hard if you’re completely new to the scene

Imaal

Insurance, 51-200 employees

More Better Options Available

PROS

Can store any large size files and access

CONS

Need so user friendly as compared to other cloud storages

Eddie

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Best cloud tool out there!

PROS

Google Cloud has been a game-changer for my business. The scalability and performance of their infrastructure have allowed me to easily handle heavy workloads and traffic spikes without any compromise on speed or reliability. The wide range of services and tools available, from storage and computing to machine learning and analytics, offers incredible flexibility for deploying and managing my applications. Additionally, the seamless integration with other Google services like BigQuery and Google Kubernetes Engine has streamlined my workflow and boosted my productivity. Google Cloud has truly empowered me to take my business to new heights.

CONS

Its a little too expensive for my business but worth the money.

Manav

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewing Google Cloud

PROS

Google Cloud's scalability and reliability were impressive, ensuring smooth operations and consistent performance. Countless integrations with other google services is also a big upside.

CONS

Can't really fault a cloud service by Google. Perhaps if they have any complex features then some better user training.

Mateus Charles

Financial Services, 1 employee

good product

For those looking for something practical, easy to handle and a storage tool, I use it daily and I have no doubt that it is the best

PROS

CONS

an auto storage increase and automatic billing

Candace

Fishery, 2-10 employees

Amazing storage

PROS

I like how i can storage my pictures and other data from job as much as i want. Plus not having to worry if someone trys to get into my account cause it has so much security features.

CONS

If you over put data it does cost money to add mors storage. I just wish they didnt charge.

Arman

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Google Cloud is one of the best cloud providers our there

PROS

Google Cloud is tightly integrated with Google Workspace which allows easy user management. The web console is intuitive and easy to use.

CONS

Google Cloud lacks some important services such as managed client VPN, managed Kafka, and Elasticsearch.

Naleen

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2023

Great Data Analytics platform

PROS

As an administrator and a user I can say that Kubernetes is a revolutionary platform in the world of Data Analytics. And after google outsources it is has become a great toll i.e becoming interoperable between multiple cloud platform.

CONS

We have to use it as a single service and this is not like Azure which comes with O365

Piotr

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Excellent cloud platform

PROS

* Kubernetes support together with their serverless offering (Cloud Run) is first class * Interoperability with other Google services through workload identity is A+

CONS

You need to pay extra for a support - which isn't that great.

infant

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

GCP Review

Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

PROS

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

CONS

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Compared to AWS , the price is lesser & have almost all required features & some are exceptional like AI/ML.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Obviously cost is the only factor.

Robson Jean

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

PROS

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments. Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine. Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

CONS

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

Price and the currency

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Heroku is very expensive when you go to Production!

Eric R

Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Google Cloud Platform is getting better and better

I am a huge fan of Google Cloud Platform. I have been using their services for years now, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get started. They have great tutorials that walk you through the process, and they also have an excellent support team. They are always available to answer questions, and they are great at making sure you don't get stuck.While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google has done a good job of making their system more approachable through good tutorial videos.

PROS

GCP is a powerhouse platform with a lot of flexibility and strengths. Now that they've optimized the platform to make it more understandable for non-engineers, we're using it more often since it is easy to spin up whatever you need.

CONS

While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google had a slow start to be an approachable platform for the less tech-savvy. Even now, there are more options and switches than sometimes seem appropriate.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Free credits from Google, but the platform is really good now.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Google offered us credits and we ran out of AWS credits.

Cody

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Google Cloud review

It's been a superb experience using the platform.

PROS

I like that it's a very smart,safe, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive software that my company uses daily.

CONS

Dont know of anything that I don't like about the software. I really like and appreciate it.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Cheaper, better quality, inexpensive, better user interface

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Needed a better and cheaper platform

Nolan

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

PROS

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

CONS

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Dropbox was not as functional; it had smaller storage and wasn't as compatible as Google.

Jeanette

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

Google Cloud is hassle free and easy peasy!

Super easy and hassle free. I don't worry about losing my information and I don't worry about poor security.

PROS

Automatic backup. Secure log-in. I have the paid HIPAA version and enjoy peace of mind knowing my information and my client's information is safe.

CONS

I don't know of any features that are missing or not occurring. The Google Cloud is a great product.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

I didn't - I actually have both Dropbox and Google Cloud. I have Dropbox Business because I have to do some things in Microsoft and I don't want to have to upload them into the Google Cloud.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

My external hard drive did not automatically back up my information. When I got hacked, I lost everything!

Sébastien