• Pros

• "Insightly was very easy to use and had a number of great features. The UI was very practical and easy on the eye.. "

• "Easy to use, the free version is pretty robust, and there is no “click here to upgrade” clickbait. The iphone and iPad app is really good even on the free version. "

• "Compared to other tools out there it's priced very reasonably. The graphical design (colours etc). are nice. "

• Cons

• "i really dont have a dislike except for the pricing- but it accomplishes what i need it for"

• "It's useful but overall we found it wasn't "easy" enough to use and it wasn't adopted consistently among everyone in our Company."

• "It was difficult for us to integrate this into our membership database. But other than that, no major cons. Worked well for us."

Browse Insightly Reviews

Susan from Verizon

A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.

Insightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.

Pros

Insightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.

Cons

Chrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

Response from Insightly

Replied August 2019

Hi Susan, Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)

Joshua from Thryft-Flipp

Industry: Utilities

Brings all record-keeping together

We have only been using Insightly for a couple of weeks, but overall I've liked it a lot. Prior to using Insightly, we were manually note-taking in Word documents for each client. Each time that a lead was converted, we then had to go and update everything. Now that we are able to integrate all of our notes, contacts, emails, etc. into one system, the workload has drastically lightened.

Pros

The thing that I like most about Insightly is that it allows me to document everything from start to finish with each customer. For example, if I send an email to a lead/customer, all I have to do is add that as an attachment in Insightly and I can go back at any time and see anything that was linked with that particular person. This helps track progress when passing off to other team members, too. In a sense, Insightly brings all of the "record-keeping" together and puts in one simple platform.

Cons

The project management function is pretty basic. Unlike a couple other CRM software that I've tested, Insightly does not offer many of the graphical views that the others do. Being someone who has an easier time seeing data in the visual realm, this was a feature that I wished Insightly would add.

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

Salesforce was not transparent in their pricing. Also, my colleague told me that she heard Salesforce is difficult to set up.

Response from Insightly

Replied December 2019

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Carolyn from CommunityWorks

Industry: Fund-Raising

intuitive and easy to use

Pros

easy to customise pipeline, good online information support

Cons

unable to customise reports to the extent we need

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

price was very competitive initially

Iain from Intuitus Limited

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied. Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.

Pros

Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box! Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues. Good simple project lists. Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Cons

Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility. Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent. No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

Response from Insightly

Replied October 2016

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to laura@insightly.com and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.

Walter from Urban Missionaries of Our Lady of Hope

my review

coordination of our efforts. we have raised our planning horizon to 2 or 3 weeks out. We do a significant amount of USPS mailings through the year, approx 15,000 letters. Insightly has ignored the problem and has left it up to us to plod our way through a process they could drastically reduce.

Pros

Connectivity of all its functions. Speed of accessing data

Cons

Too many pebbles in the shoe! They move on with the sizzle, but ignore the steak.

Tobias from 23G

Price is great, UX/UI not so much.

The CRM tool does what's required, but the UX/UI isn't intuitive to me. It happens too often that I need to click too many buttons to get done what I wanted.

Pros

Cons

The User Experience/User Interface. It doesn't work as intuitive as other CRM systems I've experienced so far.

Response from Insightly

Replied September 2019

Hi Tobias. Thanks so much for your feedback. We'll use it to further improve our products and services. We hope you're also using our Resource Center to get answers to your questions/concerns and pick up tips on how to make the most out of our products and services. As always, thank you for being our customer.

Great project management tool for remote teams

It doesn't allow anything to fall through the cracks.

Pros

It is very easy to use and intuitive. I work in a remote team and Insightly helps us to organize all our ongoing projects. I like that each pipeline stage can be assigned to a particular user, and that user will be notified via email when it is his/her turn to work on the project.

Cons

None. It does everything I need for my job scope.

Alice from CyberCoders

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

One of the most effective CRM

Customer support staff of this platform is helpful enough to make all my queries worthy enough to be solved at the moment.

Pros

Insightly assures that my entire CRM based tasks are completely managed or not by it is bundle of features. Tracking all my deliverables and furthermore you know more about the needs and demands of customers is so much flexible through its enhanced features and functionalities.

Cons

Since we are attached with this product. We did not faced any issue. Even it is becoming more powerful and user-friendly.

Response from Insightly

Replied December 2019

Hi Alice, thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Lucas from SOOQR Search

Insightly as a Sales Funnel Tool

Pros

- Easy to import all contacts - Easy to add "tasks" to oppertunities

Cons

- No clear funnels - No optimized reporting - No options to automate your funnels

rachel from Christ Community Church

Inherited this software, not my first choice

Pros

It was what the company had always used, so we had figured out how to make it work for what we needed.

Cons

The UI isn't nice looking at all. Lots of bugs and glitches, and when contacting Customer Service, a lot of the answers were "We're not sure why it's not working..." VERY expensive for what we need. There is NO way to easily search information.

James from Technology intelligence Agency

Very easy to use and love the to-do list!

I like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. Weve had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and its difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe theyll come out with a small business version that isnt quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.

Pros

I absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!

Cons

Its rather pricey. The free version does not provide all of the features that make this product worthwhile over the competitors. To get all of the features, you have to pay more, which makes sense, just not for small business owners. The fact that a higher plan is required to forward emails is a big minus. Its something that almost all businesses need but paying the amount for the professional version is not necessarily a cost that can be justified. I believe that if this program were a little bit less expensive it would be more useful for small and new businesses.

A necessary tool to run my business. No more searching for client information.

Ease of Marketing and Sales process. Total contact management software that include picture of person. What a plus. Great training videos to guide all level of users. Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown. Pricing is fair and Insightly is not living on past accomplishments it is improving product continuously.

Pros

They offer a free version to evaluate. Since it is without a time limit I used it and gradually became totally dependent on it. During a planning meeting with staff it was determined we could increase our efficiency by adding the professional version that includes email marketing tools and an easy interface with MailChimp. Now they have my paid business. It is with confidence that I agree to pay them for a monthly service that will be used by all members of my company. The program can accommodate the growth curve in a company such as mine. We started out simply needing contact management software. Later as our sales and marketing needs became more our focus adding these features was an easy decision. There are many videos to quickly bring a new user up to speed. The experienced user can use the videos to explore the many functions that may yet be used by a company as needs and goals change. The reporting function has recently become important as we need to know the results of our marketing and sales efforts. The tool is there and ready for us to implement. I think the more our company commits to using Insightly the more our communication between owners and employees improves. We openly share information on Insightly and our feedback has been positive. In the past before Insightly, communication was dispersed informally and sometimes led to bad feelings due to the inefficiency of word of mouth. Insightly is constantly making changes and updates to its software.

Cons

Its not visually pretty. I know that is silly but staff has to look at it all day and they like pretty. When a new user/employee first looks at program they make the mistake of thinking it is an old program. While I am able to bring them along and show them it isn't true, their first impression is a temporary detriment to their learning curve and acceptance of the program. In order for Insightly to be the awesome tool it is, requires employee and leader acceptance. Everyone on the team has input and others depend on that input to do their job. Sloppy work seems to come from lack of acceptance. Part of this is my responsibility as a leader to insist everyone use the tools as intended but again, if the program had a new interface and pretty colors it might make a difference. Personally I always choose function first and then presentation but input from staff is a factor I have to consider. One other area I would mention is the difference between leads and contacts. They are not intuitive to some people and I think a better explanation and reinforcement in training videos would make it easier for the new user. This confusion has lead to some mistakes by my users that require a bit of corrective action by more experienced users. There is very little for me to find wrong with Insightly that isn't based on personal style and preferences.

Melissa from Business Made Simple

Insightly: The Sports Car of CRM's

Pros

Having worked with clients using a variety of CRMs weve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I often times refer to insightly as the sports car of CRMs because it allows companies to manage sales, contacts, projects, opportunities and client fulfillment in a very clean, efficient and user-friendly way. Some of the features I love best are their pipelines and activity sets. For companies that are managing lots of clients at different stages of fulfillment, Insightlys pipeline feature helps all the players involved know exactly what they need to do and when. The client profile makes it easy for me to link contacts to organizations or note other important relationships. The ability to save my email communication and related tasks to a contact has become an essential part of how we use Insightly and its intuitive ability to save any attached files I send is another feature I love. Other favorite features are their mass emailing tool within the CRM. I can send a personalized email to a group of clients without having to write individual emails. A task management feature that allows me to see on one screen what Im working on for each of my clients and in all areas of my business. With one click I can see what each of my employees is working on, whats been done. You can create custom tagging systems to easily sort and find clients in your database. In one place see all of the projects youre currently working on and where they are in the process of completion. Insightlys Gmail gadget makes it easy to assign tasks, create projects, save emails, add or update contact email easily from within your email. No more switching back and forth from program to program. Insightly University provides a good training source for new users in addition to their highly responsive customer service team. I also have to mention all the strategic partnerships that makes using Insightly with other programs really seamless. For example, Mailchimp, evernote, DropBox and Google Apps for Business to name a few. Sure, there are lots bigger more robust CRMs out there, but I dont want to drive a Mack truck every day. I like my sports car. :)

Cons

Insightly's calendar doesn't work for me, but I use google calendar and haven't missed it. I wish you could customize what you want to see on the home page. Right now it's just a running list of the activity on your accounts, but not super helpful in my opinion. Right now you have to manually advance pipelines. It would be nice to set them to advance to the next stage once all the activity sets are complete.

Tom from BrightHill Group LLC

April 2015

Insightly offers great features, ease of use, and low cost.

Pros

Insightly is a very powerful toolkit, and incorporates both CRM and project management into the same application. This makes it easier to keep track of status, and gives a single list of tasks which can show everything that needs to happen organized by person or by project. Insightly has more powerful sales pipeline management, strong task management, and integrates CRM and projects. I use Google Apps for Business. Insightly has a direct integration with Google Apps. This makes user management simple, and allows me some "extras" because their tool works nicely with Gmail.

Cons

On the negative side, the permissions are more "liberal" than some competitors making it harder to block people from access to project information. You need to have a user account for every person working on each project, which may mean you have to buy a larger number of users than are in your organization.

Nezar from Vibrus Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Effective and Affordable

Overall for small or medium size sales organizations, this is a great vehicle to ensure all opportunities are documented and tracked. Scheduling follow up ensures that communication errors are mitigated and the email templates support marketing initiatives.

Pros

The software offers many free features that others charge. It is excellent for a small business on an operational budget but can easily enhance when necessary. Automated marketing email templates are effective and easy to use. The system also integrates well with other marketing products. The dashboard gives a snapshot of your sales opportunities and the user can customize.

Cons

Documenting phone call attempts and connects take too many steps. The Task portion is a bit complicated and again requires too many steps.

Response from Insightly

Replied August 2019

Hi Nezar, Thank you for the feedback!!!

Aaron from Redeemed Construction

OMG!!!

My business wouldn't run without it. I have too much to keep track of and it now stays all in one place.

Pros

Everything! There is so much here that makes things so much more organized! I have a virtual assistant that keeps it updated and I just roll through every day and continue with the projects. I'm in the field and upload pictures in real time that tie together. Projects run smoothly with all of the contact info for all of my subcontractors is right there in the project. My favorite feature is that insightly creates a unique email for every entry and I can CC: that email address whenever I email a client or subcontractor and it automatically stores under that entry. I can link projects to contacts and files and notes, and organizations. I can't say enough about this software! Oh yeah, automations and auto creation of tasks based on stages in the project. I create activity sets that automatically create and assign tasks with start dates and due dates with the click of a button. SUCH A TIME SAVER! Integration with my Google Drive, integration with my calendar, integration with my Quickbooks, integration with...... ..... ......

Cons

It has so much to offer that it can be a bit overwhelming to set up, but they offer a setup service. It works just great.

KELSEY from Speyside

Insightly CRM Review

Overall, Insightly solved my simple problems and provided a solution to our financial services firm so we could track our leads/projects until completion.

Pros

I previously used a version of Salesforce for small companies called Salesforce IQ. It didn't link contacts to leads, projects and companies well. It synced too much information from email and most of it wasn't relevant. Insightly solved all of these problems and made it easy to connect the dots between a person, lead, project, etc.

Cons

The software graphics were somewhat childish initially, but they have updated the graphics over time. It would be great if the software provided analysis / charts on some of the data that is stored there without forcing the user to do it themselves manually in excel.

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

Insightly was best for linking contacts, companies, leads and projects. They also had an email syncing tool which was helpful.

Response from Insightly

Replied July 2019

Thanks so much for your kind note, Kelsey. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team

Kevin from DOERS.coffee

Frustrating to get started

Overall, I don't think Insightly is the right tool for me due to it's complex setup which I think can improve if there a bit more videos in their help-section. The walkthrus for basic setup are good, but I'd love to see more videos or improvements in workflow automation. I only trialed the software so I can't speak on it as if I were an expert, but I think Insightly has some benefits but just not the right tool for me.

Pros

I was looking for a G-Suite CRM and stumbled upon Insightly. I decided to give it a go and try out the free trial upon reading a few reviews. The main area I was interested in and found to be good was Insightlys e-mail tracking. I sent a test e-mail to both Gmail and Yahoo e-mails and found the tracking to be accurate. I can see how Insightly would be a value add for monitoring sent e-mails, and then creating an automation workflow to auto-add any leads who reply to a pipeline, but I wasn't able to figure out a workflow for it. I do believe it's possible however to not only add to a pipeline but even export the contacts who replied and save to perhaps something like Mailchimp for another customer-journey.

Cons

My first thought was that it looked really in terms of the feature set but I was a bit overwhelmed with the setup and it took me about 2 times to connect to GSuite although, it could have been a bug on my end rather than theirs. After connecting my GSuite account, I started to play around right away, setting up the leads section as I plan to use Insightly for Sales Tracking and lead scoring. I found the UX/UI a bit sluggish, and creating pipelines with custom attributes a bit cumbersome. I was hoping for a rich data-enrichment where all Company/People info would be filled out, but that aspect wasn't there.

November 2014

November 2014

Great program that can sometimes be "An un-tappable resourse!

We are a small start-up company and have been using Insightly for about 5 months. I have used several more complex CRM's in the past. While I "Get" CRM and I like the program, there are enough questions to drive a user crazy! To wit: When entering a phone number you have to insert the dashes. A minor point that gets frustrating very quickly! One should be able to set a "Default Country." Entering United States every time gets tedious! On other CRM programs, I can enter a contact once and, if there is another person from that same company, I can choose to retain the information and simply change the name and e-mail address. Not so with Insightly! You have to re-enter ALL of the info for each contact! Upon entering the program, Insightly proudly announces that they have teamed-up with "Microsoft One drive" and Google "Whatever." I'm older but not that far gone, yet I haven't a CLUE as to what these programs are and how to use them! Finally, the big frustration: How does a task differ from an event differ from a meeting differ from notes? Now, don't get me wrong, the Insightly team always returns my e-mail questions promptly but, how many times can I do that in one day? There really needs to be a manual (not videos!) for this stuff! I looked for an "Insightly For Dummies" book on Amazon but there isn't one. This CRM is obviously geared towards twenty-something's and not us older folks.. And yet, we outnumber them and in many cases make more $$$ than them! Are you listening Insightly?

Pros

Inexpensive with basic functions that are easy to use

Cons

No easy way to get answers to questions

Response from Insightly

Replied November 2014

We'll pass the feedback on entering data on to our product group. With regards to tutorial information to help you get started we have a number of resources for first time Insightly users -- many of them are on our resources page on our website (www.insightly.com/resources). Our Getting Started Guide is a ebook on the resources page. Our our online knowledgebase has great FAQs (i.e. what are tasks and how do I use them?) and short 3-4 min tutorial videos (Insightly University). You can access our online knowledgebase at help.insightly.com (and there is also a link to our knowledgebase from our resources page). Also if you are a paid customer we offer phone based '1 on 1 Help to Get You Started' (www.insightly.com/pricing). On a positive note, I'm glad that you are pleased with the response from our support team. With regards to age, the bulk of our users are in the 35-50 range so we welcome users of all ages :>) Hope this helps.

Matt from Swiftward

Insightly is a good choice for small software-savvy operations

Our small agency needed a small CRM and Project Management support package so we went looking for a good fit. The person who chose Insightly did her due diligence in terms of functional comparison and interface design. The problem was that the person who selected Insightly had no experience with lead tracking or project management, let alone the software packages that save time and enable information sharing. Still, upon installation, the Insightly program did a fair job. Where there was friction and frustration was having to devote the time, and align our thinking with their software designers, to implement the software on different Windows platforms we had among our small team. (Our problem, we know.) While the newby on the team found she could use Insightly after some (time consuming) tutorial watching, the guy with more CRM, contact management and project management experience found Insightly to be less intuitive and more clunky when it came to smoothly integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar. Take all of this with a grain of salt, please, because we loaded the free version. Still, before paying for any upgraded functionality, we are looking for a product that behaves as intuitively as it should it it was designed by busy agency professionals who need to switch functions on a dime, just after a client contact, or integrate easily with other packages.

Pros

Very simple, non-intimidating interface. Tries to be homey and welcoming to very small businesses. Earnest effort to serve up helpful hints. Looks like it doesn't require a lot of time to use.

Cons

Not particularly business-like, visually. Cutesy. Not as intuitive an interface as expected. Glyphs and symbols are not immediately intuitive. More clunky when it came to integrating with Outlook, Google contacts and calendar.

Insightly - Punching above its weight

We manage our business in Insightly and integrate it via their API into other systems. As such it is a real boost to our productivity.

Pros

We have been using Insightly for many years and have seen it grow. While there is now a lot of very advanced functionality on it, the application is still simple and intuitive to use. It still appeals to small businesses but at the same time has a lot of functionality that you would expect on a much larger CRM system. For example it is possible to create custom objects and pages in order to adapt Insightly to your business' needs. There is a an API that allows for integrations with other applications and a workflow module to apply longer running processes.

Cons

Insightly started out targeting smaller businesses but can see the value in larger paying clients. As such the development contributions made to the lower tier subscriptions appear to be lacking. There has been a lot of new functionality aimed at the higher subscriptions whereas a few smaller but obvious wins have been ignored. This irritates the longer term loyal but smaller client base.

Thomas from Custom Programming Unlimited, LLC

Almost Perfect - But not quite!

After using many CRM systems from Salesforce, Zoho, Apptivo, Pipeline Deals, Pipedrive, Base CRM and more, Insightly is a 'breath of fresh air' (even though that is getting a bit stale lately - more on that shorty). Frankly, after looking at many of these systems, I was tempted to design and create my own system (I have been a software engineer for 30 years and own a software development firm as one of my companies). Yet I decided to give Insightly the last shot. It works great - almost the way I would have designed. There are some weaknesses as well, most of all the lack of the support teams response to multiple request of the same kind and promising future fixes that 'are just not coming'. That all said, Insightly is well rounded, has lots of integration options and works very well for most CRM needs, especially around customer service, contacting, tracking and task planing. Even light weight project management is included in 2 different forms - pipelines or more traditional but more complicated to use project management optionsl

Pros

Here are just a few pros: * Easy to use and learn * Integrated Light Weight Project Management * Fast Response * Great note taking * Easy task tracking * Great for sales cycles and customer service alike * Useful Integrations * Better User Interface than most (every tried Salesforce and couldn't find anything?)

Cons

A couple of Cons: * Service - The guys and gals at Insightly need to learn to listen and pass information 'up the management chain' * Task and Event Handling need improvement as reported by many clients * Need fully functional 2-way sync with Google Calendar * Need real workflow functionality instead of clunky Project Management (to their defense, lots of systems 'miss this one')

David from Hawaiian South Shore LLC

Easy to implement and it's very affordable

Keeps thing organized, the price is right.

Pros

We've been using it for 5 years. Small Retail online/brick mortar for customer follow up. 3 users, it makes it easy to follow and get updates about tasks. the gadget that interfaces with gmail is convenient.

Cons

My staff that are in their 20's say the new UI is confusing and harder to use, so we stay with the older UI. The side bar chrome extension was suppose to make things easy but after trying it for a month my staff avoids it. Customer service is mediocre , they only wanted to help if I were going to upgrade to a higher level. I wanted to fist resolve over 700 contact dups. They said I had to do it manually! Emailing - Bcc'ing insightly each time I send an email seems so old style. When I get a rely the email does not go into the same thread, seems to me that is standard now a days. I've been using it so long I know what it's missing so we take extra notes or have links from the email in the notes so other staff can see or find the thread.

Mathew from Arrow Freight Systems

Highly customizable and advanced CRM tool with easy to navigate features.

Insightly , no doubt have been a great addition to our tools for perfect customer relation management. We can track customers, mails and leads and project at an in-expensive subscription providing us with great and handy features.

Pros

Insightly CRM has the most intimidating interface with easy to understand and quite productive features. It is a perfect tool for the customer relation for mid-size and small organizations. We can easily customize the tool in order to get it properly synchronized with our working and requirements.

Cons

From the initial look, it is not very much professional but rather seems to be a visually appealing tool. The integration with the other tool is also not so easy and reliable and affects the overall performance. The project collaboration tools also gives me a tough time so there needs to be some improvements required.

Response from Insightly

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much for your kind note, Mathew. At Insightly we work hard to make sure our customers have a great experience with our platform and are able to build lasting relationships with their own customers. Your feedback means a world to us and inspires us to keep up the good work. Cheers, the Insightly team. I'm more than happy to help review your integration concern. Integrations shouldn't slow the system down.

Kevin from Ascent Management Consulting

Great Potential, Lack of Foresight

In general, the product is easy to learn and use. It has the potential to be great with just a few changes, but the programmers don't see the possibilities.

Pros

Great cost. Fairly powerful CRM system and reasonably intuitive to use.

Cons

Whenever you push events from your Google calendar to Insightly, the Insightly calendar makes it private with no display of time, so nobody else can see it. It just disappears for everyone else. Likewise, any event you put on Insightly marked private doesn't show on the calendar as busy. It just disappears for everyone else. So, this bug makes the calendar essentially useless for showing team member availability and for scheduling. It also prevents other scheduling app integrations from functioning properly. Tasks are simply Events that don't have a start and end time. Events should act just like Tasks and be reported the same way. A simple solution is to scrap Events altogether and simply take the code used to create beginning and ending times on Events and apply that to Tasks as an option. The Task reports and all its functionality are great. Events is a little better, but generally poor. It's not needed if the features of Events are simply added to Tasks. This would make managing tasks and events in projects incredibly easy and much better than now. Right now, you have to use another program to manage simple workflows because this is so inadequate and inflexible. To fix this and make it far better only requires a couple of simple tweaks. Project management is not great. They haven't figured out the advantages of drag and drop.

Tracey from Professional Freelancer Available For Remote, Contract, Part-Time Or Other Opportunities

Insightly has awesome customer support and works well for a with 3 remote locations

Overall a good product. I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forums of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

Pros

It is easy to have three branches of a business integrated into insightly in a relatively seamless way. It takes the CRM and the Project management aspects of running a business into the cloud along with scheduling and solves a lot of problems for the business I set up who are still using it today. They have used customer support extensively and appreciate their dedication to the product.

Cons

Looking forward to better social media integration - this is currently not a real feature and something that our heavily social dependent business would really benefit from

John from Visitec

CRM software that promises ease of use, but just can't seem to deliver

Insightly's CRM software has been essential for our sales reporting and tracking requirements.

Pros

The dashboard interface is convenient and graphically easy to navigate, and it is an attractive interface. Some of the sections are simple and understandable by anyone first using the software.

Cons

It is difficult to generate reports unless those reports have been pre-configured. To generate a new report requires a substantial amount of input in fields which are not easy to understand. Though the dashboard is easy to understand and navigate, many of the other opening pages are not. And it offers some very confusing pop-ups, such as in "Projects" it asks you to "Check out the Kanban view for projects" without explanation of what exactly the "Kanban" is. Additionally, if you enter a sales lead, it is very difficult to convert it to an "opportunity." Also, when you create a new contact and associate it with an existing company or account, you wold expect it to give you the option of importing the account's address and phone numbers to the new contact's fields -- but it doesn't, and you have to enter those again. Finally, I do wish there were more "help" menus (question marks) surrounding some of the entry fields that you could click for an instant explanation or guide.

Great Software, Easy Too Use, Needs more Features

We were disorganized across a few methods of tracking individuals who engaged with our work. This helped us to centralize the information, and to function better as a staff. We did not need to re-invent the wheel with each new contact or program.

Pros

The ease of use means a short learning curve when introducing it to new staff members. I specifically like the integration with Gmail to be able to add relevant connections from email with one click. Projects are a great way to track contacts and add comments and attachments to have all the relevant history of a specific project in one place.

Cons

It is very sales driven, and works for that capacity. I was using it as a non-profit, tracking volunteers and donors, and so I needed to "back door" some of the features to work for my uses. I wish the tagging features had sub-tags to help sort a bit better without having so many top level groups of tags.

Response from Insightly

Replied October 2017

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback on your use case as a non-profit. Our Customer Success team put together this great webinar to learn more about how to manage your non-profit's activities with Insightly should you need more ideas: https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/220630127-Recorded-Webinar-Do-More-Good-Spend-More-Time-Growing-your-Non-Profit. Thank you! The Insightly Team

Tim from Tim Jackson VO LLC

Insightly was my runner up when picking a CRM. The automation looked awesome.

What I wanted to do would be more work in Insightly, but for a lot of businesses, this one is it.

Pros

Insightly is a great contender in the small business CRM market. I had looked at many others (there are a TON of CRM out there), basing my criteria on integration with accounting software, ease of managing client information, and ease of managing client projects. Unfortunately, none of the CRM I looked at has strong integration into the accounting software that I ultimately went with. Insightly seems to have some great automation to help out with managing projects, but where it got beat out was the managing of client information. Since a lot of my business is conducted through social media, another software beat it in ease of integration with those applications.

Cons

As with some of my other reviews, I don't find much not to like with Insightly. It does what it does very well, it just isn't as integrated into social media as some of it's competitors. If I were doing less prospecting and research on clients- such as if I had a business where people were coming to me to get something made or repaired, then Insightly would be the winner. As it is, I spend most of my day finding prospects to put in the pipeline, and that would be more work with this product.

John from East Bank Chiropractic

Free trial without limitations

Great product.

Pros

This product has a wide array of CRM tools and applications to work with including Google suite, Gmail, Docs, MailChimp, Outlook, Evernote, QuickBooks and more. The mobile accessibility was incredibly useful for on the go client relation management and is compatible with iPhone, Mac products, and Android phones and tablets as well. When navigating the "dashboard" Insightly offers real time reports and even probability of gaining new business and the value of specified clients. The project management function is fantastic. Once you've opened an account with a client, you can manage follow-ups and track progress on commitments and business along with history of conversations and specific details that can be utilized in the future for personable experiences. Insightly does a great job at distinguishing leads from clients, it's highly customizable, and removes the requirement of other project management tools you may be utilizing. The layout is similar to Facebook.

Cons

Some additional features that are highly useful need to be payed for in addition to the software. Transparency on this would have been useful. If you're in healthcare, you may run into an issue with HIPPA compliance.

Jackie from Brazos Valley Center for Independent Living

Industry: Philanthropy

InSightly for Non-Profit Use

Pros

Easy user interface The InSightly University provides lots of quick, well made instructional videos Free for a limited number of users Great for tracking grants, related documents, & timelines

Cons

If you have over a certain number of records the platform begins to charge a fee - this would be fine if there was an easy way to delete "records". For example, if I'm working on a grant that is finite and generates 200 "records" -- if I only desire to keep the final project and do not need the records generated along the way; I have to go in and delete each one. As a non-profit with a relatively small budget, this is a great tool, but is too time-consuming to go back and individually delete. Right now, we are a small growing non-profit. I would pay for this service eventually but cannot do so at this time. So freeware platforms will end up with my business now where InSightly delivers on quality - affordability isn't there.

Eliot from Global Companies

Good CRM for small business. Easy to use - Easy to import lists

Pros

I've using Insightly for years. It is a very easy process to import prospect lists. Since I am the main user in my organization I've been able to use the basic functionality without needing the reporting and audit capabilities. Easy to cc outgoing mails to the prospect listing. Simplicity is the biggest benefit for Insightly. Anyone can import without needing IT support. Search function is incredibly simple. Setting follow up is a click and done.

Cons

If I don't set up a next step or follow up for a prospect, it is easy to lose track of the prospect forever. I don't use the formal opportunity function as I found it easier to keep track of progress by setting unique follow up listings.

December 2014

Katy from Armstrong Immigration T/A Into NZ

December 2014

Insightly - great offering

I've been trialling Insightly and Solve360. I really like Insightly but there are some limitations versus Solve which are making me think twice. I can only customize 25 fields in contacts when I need more - SOLVE has unlimited custom fields. The other great thing with Solve is that you can give a contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need. Another advantage Solve seems to have over Insightly is that you can share a "project blog" in Solve with an external person such as a client. That's fantastic when you want to be able to show your client how far along a project you are. Instant access. You can also operate all your gmail from directly inside Solve - total integration. That said, Insightly looks better to my eye and has unlimited storage. I think if you could get up to speed with SOLVE on the other items, you'd be at the front of the pack and I would be IN for sure.

Pros

Unlimited storage Intuitive Great gmail gadget

Cons

Falls short of full webmail integration Only 25 custom fields - too few for my liking and no ability to have subsets of custom fields No ability to share a project with a client

Response from Insightly

Replied December 2014

Hi -- Thanks for the feedback. I just have a couple questions. What is your use case that requires more than 25 custom fields? I ask just because for most of our customers 25 custom fields is plenty. Also I don't quite understand what this means 'contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need.' I'm not sure if you are applying a tag at the contact level or the field level. At this time, we don't have the ability to share a project to your customers via a portal. With regards to manipulating your gMail, did you check out the Insightly gadget which works with Google Apps gMail? If you would like to discuss further or would like additional clarification, please feel free to email laura@insightly.com. Thanks

Jennifer from Prospect Research Institute

Robust features - except reporting

I use Insightly for one of my companies. It meets most of my needs for that company, especially around understanding people's relationships to one another and in social media. I've also used the project management feature when managing group activities.

Pros

I really like how it tracks relationships among the records and makes it easy to pull a list using tags. It also has robust features like project management. Data entry is simple and I like the way it uses actions/tasks. And it is very awesome the way it manages social media account information.

Cons

I get frustrated with the poor report features and when I want to download and manipulate in Excel, I get all the tags in one field, so essentially I can view the tag list nicely online but I can't export that (for example to send an email to the group). I'm also frustrated with the limitations on standard contact information. I work with business people and while I start with employment contact, getting personal contact signifies a much deeper relationship. Not having standard personal contact info spots is troublesome.

John David from The AAM Group

Very powerful tool. Must be setup correctly and is only as good as the data you have in it.

It helped us to solve a problem that no other software was able to solve.

Pros

We wanted a tool that would be very easy to for our sales team to implement. It needed to be something that would require a lot of training and that they would actually be able to use. Insightly is a tool that is easy to use and doesnt have alot of extra bloat that we don't need.

Cons

Insightly is only as good as the data you put into it. Without high quality data going into the system and you have set it up correctly (meaning you have set it up how its meant to be used) Insightly becomes hard to use/useless. This is true of any system but unfortunately there are not good way to "Idiot Proof" the system so bad data cannot be entered. There is also a slight learning curve for this software to fully get users into and integrated with the software.

Great CRM tool for small and growing businesses

Great for tracking and progressing sales opportunities and general business development

Pros

The option to create custom fields was a real hook for our business as we require a great deal of specific data and capture it in specific ways. The pipeline feature for defining custom workflows is a great feature which allows us to carve out our own procedure and modus operandi.

Cons

The UI feels a little outdated at times. The important date reminder feature is not as user-friendly or functional as hoped. We really require projects/workflows to auto generate on a defined schedule and struggled to make the best use of this software without addressing that need.

Gordon from imagn Solutions

Insightly has grown with us quite well.

Pros

When we first decided on Insightly back in 2016 we fumbled around for a month or two importing leads and creating pipelines that no longer exist now two years later. Insightly now hosts a massive data base of our clients and is our first go to when interacting with them. Our company now depends heavily on Insightly every day and through the years has become ever more familiar and easy to use.

Cons

Just the initial start up and launch as Insightly has many many functions to utilize and improve your customer relations management process, but through trial and error Insightly now easily makes up for the rough start.

Mike from United Real Estate Louisville

Very versatile CRM

I can access my data on the fly with their app, send emails from within, track documents, import/export contact info and more. I like the ease of use and expansive custom field options and ability to create tags enabling grouping of contacts or leads.

Pros

Able to connect relationship between different contacts. It has the ability to create reports on a whim. Price is fair for the functionality and ability to customize to fit your industry's needs.

Cons

Not specifically geared towards the real estate industry.

Response from Insightly

Replied September 2019

Mike thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Joel from JM Media Management, LLC

Easy-to-Use Customer Relationship Management System

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is an easy-to-use customer relationship management (CRM) system and also offers project management. What makes this software even better is that they offer a free version for business and individuals that only need 1 to 2 users. They begin to charge, per user, above their free 2 users.

Cons

There's not much not to like about this software.

Response from Insightly

Replied August 2019

Hi Joel, thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Justin from Diablo Media, LLC

Powerful CRM Tool and So Much More

Insightly makes managing client relationships, prospecting, and marketing as simple as a single, fully-integrated platform that allows you to utilize and compare insights across all of those arms of your business.

Pros

Its seamless integration across all devices and its full feature platform that functions not only as a CRM, but also a project manager, lead router, and marketing automation hub. It is the one-stop shop for pretty much every internal software every business needs.

Cons

Because of its multi-faceted functionalities there can be a bit of a learning curve associated with onboarding the product, and it also can get relatively expensive compared to other CRMs. Although, once you factor in the fact that it replaces several other tools you are likely already paying for, the value makes up for itself quickly.

Exactly what we needed

After using for three years, I'd go back and do it all over again without hesitation.

Pros

Ease of use combined with affordability - a winning combination. The tiered pricing levels allow your investment to grow with your business. The pipeline features where tasks can be assigned to certain project types is a phenomenal timesaver as is the ability to associate emails with records of organizations or individuals while still using your email client.

Cons

A small learning curve, but a minimal inconvenience for the power Insightly delivers. And the help menus are incredibly easy to locate and helpful to implement.

Noah from Watts Capital

Insightly's Information Management System Increases Efficiency

Pros

By linking organizations, contacts, and emails with opportunities, Insightly saves users a ton of time searching for contact information, company information, or your past correspondence. Insightly is also highly customizable for various different kinds of businesses. Its features can be changed to mirror practically any kind of preexisting organizational system. Lastly, Insightly's search function allows users to quickly look up contact information, sent emails, and other information.

Cons

Insightly automatically links your associated social media sites to your account. If you sign up with your gmail address, for example, anything linked to your chrome account will show up on your Insightly account. This is great if you want to get your name out there on Twitter or other sites, but can also result in users unintentionally showing personal accounts to coworkers and clients.

Dave

HORRIBLE experience with Insightly.

We've been looking around for a new system for the past few months. Insighly has a lot of great features but we've run into way too many problems using it.

Pros

* CRM and project management together in the same application * Easy navigation between clients, leads, tasks, etc * User-friendly interface

Cons

Far too many features are missing and it seems like Insightly just isn't in a hurry to make the necessary features available such as: * Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly. It's 2016 -- HTML email has been around for a long time. It's so hard to believe that this isn't a priority for them. * Can't PRINT any of the data from within Insightly. This is a necessary feature for our company (and I'd think for ANY company). What good can our data do for our company if it can't be printed out? * There always seems to be some kind of bug with the Google calendar integration. Items appear as one date inside of Insightly and another date inside Google Calendar. * Cost of service is ridiculously overpriced when compared to the basic functionality that is missing. Cost of $35/month per user means that it could cost us $350/month to migrate our team to Insightly -- we simply CAN NOT JUSTIFY SPENDING $4200 per year on a system that isn't fully functional. * SLOW, SLOW, SLOW customer service / tech support. I reported an issue last September and I received a notification 7 months later that it has been resolved. Why do simple fixes take so long? * They do NOT listen to what their customers want and instead choose to roll out new "features" that no one was asking for in the first place. We want HTML email and we want to be able to PRINT. Why is that so hard to do?

Jenna from International Relief Teams

Industry: Philanthropy

Perfect CRM for Small Businesses

Overall Insightly is an affordable CRM that is intuitive to use (for its most basic features) but also has a slightly steeper learning curve to truly grasp all of its capabilities.

Pros

Insightly is a powerful, affordable CRM that has all the necessary features for a small business. The feature that my team finds most beneficial is the task assigning and tracking to make sure our 'to do lists' are getting done.

Cons

Insightly could use offer more social media and email integration. My organization would like all customer email communication to be sent with Insightly but we are not able to because of the limited emailing capabilities.

This CRM had all the features we were looking for

Insightly was a great CRM for our team. We used the software for over 2 years with no major issues. More expensive solutions may be available but the value addition may need to be looked at.

Pros

Insightly has all the features that a small sales team could ever need to run efficiently. It was the first CRM we used and most of us had no trouble getting started. It was a breeze to extract the reports The email integration also helped save a lot of time.

Cons

The solution could do with some of the features like auto-population of leads social media information and auto-recommend while filling up sections like the city in the lead information. The email integration could also be improved. perhaps it could also pull details like phone number and address that were mentioned in the email

Rachelle from Strategic Marketing Solutions

Nice product - especially if it is a first CRM for you!

I highly recommend Insightly for small to medium sized businesses. I first got to know Insightly several years ago. Our company was established but was doing business all around the country off of spreadsheets! We needed a CRM. We looked at several other options (including SalesForce), but Insightly was right for us. I'm with a new company now and within two months of my hire we ditched Infusionsoft and went with Insightly. Transferring the data from one database to this new one was easy for a non-tech person to do. A good mobile app that goes anywhere with you. Good report generating functions. Great tutorials and videos. It doesn't have all the advanced bells and whistles that some of the big programs have, that's not what these businesses needed.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Has plug ins that are very helpful, we use it with MailChimp and QuickBooks Online. Very affordable and has lots of functionality. It helps us keep track of all we need to get done.

Cons

It takes a while to learn some of the more advanced features. Plug ins could be more seamless, but that will come in time, I'm sure!

Simple and straightforward tool that will help your sales process

Overall, Insightly has been a pleasure to work with. I use this with a smaller team so it's been easy to start-up and run with. I have some concerns about our business "outgrowing" it but hopefully it grows alongside us!

Pros

We use Insightly to identify and manage the relationship with our customers and what I enjoy most about Insightly is that it allows us to tailor the product to fit our own needs. I have used CRM software in the past that forces a process or method down your throat but every process is different so I want a software that can be molded not a software that molds me. By finally getting a software that was easy to use and incorporated our methods we were able to get through the sales process much more efficiently.

Cons

There are some additional features that could be added and the upload feature is a bit limited as well which made it somewhat difficult to transfer existing contacts into the software.

Insightly CRM

It's a nice tool which accuartly shows our team where clients are in the pipeline. The CRM is useful. Cost is prohibitive for us to get our entire firm on the system, so we've started tracking client data in our project management platform.

Pros

We use this platform to track prospective clients and our sales pipeline. We then use custom reports to generate a weekly pipeline report that our team reviews. It's nice that it's a completely customizable CRM, that is pretty easy to use. It's one of the few platforms that we haven't replaced in our firm in the past 5 years, which is saying alot.

Cons

When we set up the system, I don't think we accounted for certain reporting limitations based on customized fields, which has resulted in a very fragmented export / reporting process for us. For example, contacts and organizations aren't linked in an export, so I have to do a vLookup to get a client list by organization. Quite a pain, but I'm guessing it was our own doing.

Michael from CommGap International Language Services

Saves my life

Insightly is responsible for being my memory storage and helping me keep promises through constant reminders and simple organization.

Pros

I like the tasks feature the most on Insightly. The ability to easily share, track, include comments, attach emails and prioritize today's tasks makes life manageable.

Cons

I like least that there are still features I don't know how to use. I wish that there weren't so many ways to assign tasks - to organizations or people.

Response from Insightly

Replied September 2019

Hi Michael! Thank you for your feedback and enthusiasm about Insightly CRM! Your experience and satisfaction with Insightly CRM are our priority and we're excited your experience reflects that. We look forward to creating many more great Insightly CRM moments for you. Make sure to keep up with Insightly news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Frank from Lecardo Marine Consulting LLC

Industry: Maritime

Best CRM for the self employed!

Insightly has been a real game changer for me, there is no way that I could keep track of all my customers, leads, and projects without it. And the free version is great for people just starting out with not budget for CRM systems.

Pros

Easy to use, the free version is pretty robust, and there is no click here to upgrade clickbait. The iphone and iPad app is really good even on the free version.

Cons

Id like to see more customization options on the first level of a paid subscription. Id also like to see Insightly offer some platforms for certain industries, such as yacht brokers like myself.