All Mailjet Reviews

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Great mailing platform

Easy to setup, I like how they instruct you to setup your mailing domain in an optimal way and guide you through the process.

PROS

The overall design of the platform as well as the email builder is one of the best i've seen. It makes it possible for even novice users to design templates and send email campaigns.

CONS

Price is a bit high compared to some open source and self hosted options like OemPro but for a SASS product its still pretty good.

Reason for choosing Mailjet

We actually use both for redundancy

Sahar

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2021

For the price, Mailjet is near perfect

The Mailjet template creator is easy to use if you have any experience using other template creators. Love how they include "saved sections" in the template creator for ease of creation. Mailjet has strict rules for anti-spam measures and that's a good thing. The majority of my emails do get delivered. For the frequency of our newsletters, Mailjet is perfect for our company. For transactional emails, we use Marsello because of its vast segment properties.

PROS

Picking a mail software is extremely stressful since most companies will charge you an arm and a leg when your list grows. Mailjet is the most value-driven software for medium-sized businesses.

CONS

If you want to segment at all, you have to upgrade to higher payment tiers. After testing their segment tiers, I wasn't too impressed by the options, so I downgraded it.

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Mailchimp has gotten so much more expensive over the years.

Reviewed December 2019

Steer clear if you're looking to send a large volume of emails

Overall, if you want to send a little bit of email with webhooks and api calls, this will work. If you're sending large scale campaigns, it could ruin your email list size because of the lack of functionality around reengagement campaign parameters.

PROS

The sales people and customer support were very nice. If you were looking to use the free tier or send low volume of emails then MailJet will do the job (ie: in place of MailChimp) however, if you're looking at this v's constantcontact or sendgrid, selligent etc then I would definitely not go with MailJet.

CONS

MailJet do not want clients to use them as a databasing tool which means, if you have a segment of users who are engaged and opened 20 times in the last 30 days and you want to get those email addresses to push into facebook to find a look alike audience...you can't. MailJet won't let you get that data. They also blacklist your softbouncing emails in the background and limit the characters in subject lines.

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Due to price but wish we hadn't and actually went back to SailThru after 6 months of trying to get MailJet to work properly.

Hi - thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to send us an email to contact@mailjet.com and we'd be happy to look into your account. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience. Our platform and API is designed to handle higher volumes and as long as our Sending Policy is adhered to, we will be able to address any of your issues. Thanks again, the Mailjet team.

Replied December 2019

Karen

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

MailJEt Review

Overall, my experience is positive. I wish there was a way to customize image padding (more than what's available, once it's been inputted in. Another function that can use some work would be the spacing between paragraphs. It would be nice to be able to create different spacing within the same text box without all of the text adapting to the same space size. Otherwise, uploading contact lists and creating email templates has been seamless.

PROS

I like that it's easy to use and pretty intuitive for first time users.

CONS

What I like least is you can't control the optimization of mobile design, that it'll automatically scale larger or smaller than a phone screen. You can't design for one platform (desktop) without considering how it'll appear on mobile, since it's not mobile optimized.

Reason for choosing Mailjet

MailJet had the most bang for your buck.

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Dynamics had limitation in creating rich-media emails.

Waqas

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

One of the best news letter service

Overall they are offering good services in the budget if you want to build and send a newsletter weekly.

PROS

Easy to use newsletter builder included, Can test the service a free plan including 6000 mails per month. Can be used as a mail delivery service such as an SMTP.

CONS

Required monthly subscription if you are sending more than 6000 emails per month. Somehow costly as compared to other services.

Reason for choosing Mailjet

Newsletter delivery Reliability, Easy to use builder, and free testing before purchasing the subscriptions.

Ronnie

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Mailjet was challenging

Overall I left Mailjet. The cost involved was too high. Customer service was not great. The interface was nice but didn't out weight the cons.

PROS

Mailjet was a great resource for creating engaging emails. The creative tools for making emails were very easy to use. Creating powerful engaging emails was very quick and the end result was exactly what I was looking for on the creation side of the platform.

CONS

So unfortunately I was unable to continue using Mailjet. The cost involved is pretty competitive but still very expensive. I came into some problems with a few of my emails and the customer service was underwhelming. They made things very challenging. I missed a few planned emails with specific deadlines due to not being made aware of the problems going on. Unacceptable. So I switched.

Reason for choosing Mailjet

Mailjet was cheaper than Mailchimp and that was the primary reason I chose Mailjet.

Hi Ronnie - thanks for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear you had an underwhelming experience. In an effort to provide excellent service, could you share your Support Ticket number by email at contact@mailjet.com. We'd be happy to take a look at your account and if you're interested in potentially continuing with our service, see how we can improve your experience. Best, the Mailjet team.

Replied September 2019

Alisha

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Mailjet review.

PROS

I appreciate how simple it is to use. Despite its flaws, the online email editor is helpful. List administration is straightforward. The scenarios are simple to construct and effective. I use Mailjet's professional servers and am very pleased with the rate of mail delivery.

CONS

The interface is not easy to use, especially if you are familiar with other services. A large portion of it does not function as intended. It can take a long time to keep attempting a task before the system responds. The server's response time is excruciatingly slow.

Market Research, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

Mail In A Hurry!

PROS

There is an extensive and wide variety of email templates that allow you to send and receive emails based around marketing campaigns and/or automated messages, I love that it allows you to add and remove people to the structure of your math emails. Also, you can lock the email itself and only allow certain permissions to certain people so it gives each person a role that you give access via the mail jet system

CONS

This is definitely a more fifth Decatur set up, this will work excellent with B2b but it’s not self owned start-up business focused.

Graphic Design

Reviewed December 2017

SMTP relay for all my emails

I use mailjet in daily work and keep in mind if one of the clients asks for advise or recommendation. Mailjet offers and provide so many working services and features that while one implements them there is no time to think about the shortcomings.

PROS

1. innovative technologies and features 2. the necessary functions that can be extended and / or scaled if necessary 3. never experienced issues 4. high abvailability 5. API / developers friendly 6. full-stack developer friendly 7. spam filters / precise analytics / statistics 8. free plan and fair pricing 9. intuitive admin web UI 10. documentation and clear tutorials

Rahul

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Quality review of Mailjet

PROS

- Easy to deploy Transactional Emails- Also saved section are more in control.- Quickly update linked section to apply in all concerned mails.

CONS

- Sending history management is bit complex to solve issues. as It's not easily identifiable for concerned campaigns

Ben

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

Transactional Email That Covers 90% Of Use Cases

MailJet has been a drop in replacement for Madrill. It has been more than adequate for all of my transactional emailing needs.

PROS

After using MailJet as a replacement for Mandrill for the last 2 years, I can fully recommend it. I use it for transactional email and I can send 6000 per month on the free tier. More than enough for my use case. I like the templates and templating language. Setting up sender domains and authenticating them is a doddle. Using the API is also painless with the excellent API documentation.

CONS

The only thing I dislike is that there are almost too many options. This isn't a bad thing per se, but I have probably only used about 25% of the available tools/reporting etc. I also have no need for the campaign tools and would prefer it if Mailjet only concentrated on transactional emails.

Reason for choosing Mailjet

It was simple to set up first time

Reasons for switching to Mailjet

Mandrill stopped having a free tier

aj

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Best free email smtp provider

We've implemented Mailjet on our clients that needs more customization in marketing emails.

PROS

Mailjet offers more free emails than its closes competitor Mailgun. Mailgun has its own perks but if you want more emails per month go for Mailjet. 200 per day vs 1000+ a month for Mailgun. Mailjet wins when it comes to marketing emails.

CONS

Can't easily add/remove members in a mailing list. No DKIM off the bat.

Better customer support

Pashminu

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Good value for money

Overall, I am very much glad to have a pocket friendly marking too.

PROS

It is easy to get started with all the options and the best feature is to schedule the emailers. Also, the reports are good enough for normal email marketing.

CONS

There should be a feature to show the click heat map, that would be helpful is getting better insights on writing the emailer content and links etc.

Cost factor above all.

It was too expensive

Danielle

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

This works really well for what I need. It is easy to use and easy to train people not so tech savvy to use as well. Aside from the cons above, I have had a great time updating content. I do with the help people we a little more helpful. When I had a problem in that the emails we saying "sent" but nothing was being received - they told me it was my problem and there was nothing they could do. - That may be the case, but there are nicer ways of saying this. I had already checked my email spam and the head spam blocker and nothing was there from mailjet. I ended up having to send out a link to the online version that I had pulled off of a previous test email. That all being said, I still continue to use the program as it is easy to manage and provides nice stats.

PROS

I like the amount of flexibility you have at the free level. I like the ease of dragging and dropping content to add or reposition. I like that it saves as a work in progress and you can go back and review old newsletters. I also like the detailed insight and stats.

CONS

That you can't move multiple sections at once. For example, I wish you could highlight a text box and an image at the same time and move them around together to relocate content. I also wish you could add dividers between vertical columns. If you have a 3 column section, I would like to divide with a line between. I wish there was a calendar feature as well to help with showcasing dates and events.

Pranab

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great for sending outbound transactional email

Used mailjet within our Django based web app.

PROS

Hassle-free and fair limits on the free plan, with well-priced upgrades for running specific campaigns. Great deliverability as well.

CONS

Couldn’t find a way to see what unverified email addresses were being tried on our account as sender addresses (so we couldn’t fix those wrong outbound email addresses)

Pricing.

Reviewed May 2023

So horrible I had to create an account here just to write a review!

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

PROS

The design / looks were the only positive that I could take. While the product is extremely irritating due to the limited functionality and horrible product thinking, the UI/UX designers have done a good job.

CONS

Oh, so much. Here are a few things that it falls short in when compared to other mass emailers:1. Contacts management: You have very limited options in the way you want to upload / edit contacts. The multi-editing options are a joke, and there is no way you can send emails to some contacts in a list instead of all. Also, even to remove a contact from a list, you need to upload a freaking CSV file! I mean, did they never use their own product after creating it?2. The campaign editing options are extremely limited even in a paid version. Glad that I never paid them a buck.3. Creating contact properties is a big pain due to the functionality.4. Their email templates are a joke.5. Extremely limited options when designing emails.

amit

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

This Is Good For begineers

PROS

The service is good but they block accounts without intimation even we use list cleaning techniques so critical to recover accounts

CONS

Pricing is little high and application Layout is little critical.Some functions doesn't work on slow internet

Reviewed June 2022

Support levels unacceptable

Support is non-existent when it is required. Getting locked out an account leaves nowhere for contact or account resolution. If your business is depending on such a service, my recommendation it to go elsewhere .

PROS

When Mailjet it working, it works to an acceptable level.

CONS

The support is of the lowest standard possible. We have been left high and dry multiple times now. There is zero care factor about resolution and response times are shocking. We spend several thousands per annum and have implemented customers directly with Mailjet also, but is still not of interest to Mailjet.

Prathiksha