edgar Software Reviews

edgar Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The ability to create posts quickly and easily, add images or take posts from RSS feeds and put them into content libraries is very useful."
  • icon"It saves me 5+ hours a week. I really like the auto variation feature."
  • icon"It's a huge timesaver- building a library of content for social media posts and being able to schedule them based on categories is awesome."
  • icon"Unable to post to google+ at this time. Unable to drag and drop schedule categories to later time slots."
  • icon"Only one price point--great if you're big but horrible if you're just starting out or have a limited budget."
  • icon"Content auto generator is horrible--it literally pulls short sections from your content and can be bad for out-of-context stuff."

All edgar Reviews

Alexandra

Great customer support, team and tutorials

I like the fact that it is definitely a female company, which is something I support. Customer service and courses/tutorials are ace, but the product is a bit difficult to get used to at first. I like that they seem to have finally enabled posting for all major social media channels.

Pros

What is great about MeetEdgar is the human component, really. They get back to you super fast (even if you're on a trial), and have a very active community and many many tutorials. I recently also learned one of their social media courses. As for the software, once you have the knack of it it has a few useful features like automatically changing titles etc. so you can reschedule old posts. We did stop using it about a year ago or so (right now the account is inactive, but stocked with loads of material). We might use it again for a new project next year.

Cons

It takes a while to understand how to operate the library for non technical people. I am a bit tecchie, so was able to handle it back in 2019. But i assume it is not as easy for less technical people. I found the UX back then- no idea if it has changed in the meantime- quite "dry", and little appealing. Once you have filled your library though, it is basically an evergreen, and quite useful.

Reasons for choosing edgar

more automation options, female run company, webinars

Great program, but overpriced.

Pros

Edgar is an amazing product provided by a company with a fun and progressive business culture. From their Octopus logo/mascot to their responsive customer service, the Edgar team makes doing business with them a pleasure. As for the product itself: if you want to use evergreen content on your social media accounts, Edgar is an excellent online database that will enable you to keep posting that content, over and over again. It's easy to set up, easy to use, easy to make adjustments to on the fly. Edgar will pull new content from your blog or website via RSS, making it easy to continually add fresh new material as well. If the price were more affordable for solopreneurs, I'd still be with them.

Cons

The pricing. Basically they are gearing this product to businesses that are already capitalized to the point where it makes sense to spend per month on social media management. That's great ' if you're that size. But for solopreneurs like me who have to make every dime count, it's just not good enough of a value to justify the premium price. When other solutions like Social Pilot offer very similar features at a fraction of the cost, it's hard to justify staying with the Octopus. I would strongly encourage Laura Roeder and company to come up with a tiered pricing plan so that solopreneurs, startups and even hobbyists could take advantage of Edgar (even if a "lite" version) but at a more affordable cost. Presumably, as businesses succeed, they would move into the more robust plans, so this should be a smart long-term strategy for Edgar. Anyway, I think a business just needs to carefully evaluate the value. Bottom line: great product, but is it worth it? Ultimately I decided it wasn't.

Eric

Lots of value, a few BIG drawbacks

I loved using Edgar but the main reason I got it was for the Twitter recycling. Now that Twitter started enforcing the stupid duplicate rule, the app lost a lot of value **FOR ME**. If you an create 100 different tweets for each post, then I definitely recommend using it in conjunction with the other platforms.

Pros

**25** social accounts is a huge number to be able to link! Forever recycling saves a huge amount of time and eliminates the need to reload once everything has been shared one time. Previews help you see exactly what your posts will look like. Unlimited number of daily/monthly posts and unlimited library.

Cons

Only one price point--great if you're big but horrible if you're just starting out or have a limited budget. Only 3 networks are available--IG & Pinterest have been "coming soon" for months & YT isn't being mentioned yet. Content auto generator is horrible--it literally pulls short sections from your content and can be bad for out-of-context stuff.

Jason

Great for scheduling evergreen content

Overall Edgar was great for scheduling content we wanted to repeat on a set schedule, however, the price eventually became an issue for us to be able to keep using the software.

Pros

Edgar was great for scheduling evergreen content that could be repeated on a selective schedule. IT allowed us to create branded social media campaigns we could intersperse with other evergreen content on different topics and allowed us to have a steady stream of content on our social media platforms.

Cons

The starting price point of Edgar was significantly higher than other options that were available. I understand that Edgar has since created pricing options that meet a smaller business's social media needs.

Edgar

Industry: Judiciary

February 2022

Auditorías

Auditorías

Pros

Procesos Solicitados Traslados Internacionales

Reasons for switching to edgar

Investigaciones

Amel

Its' ok

Pros

I like the fact that Meet Edgar can set the best time to publish for each different type of content that you add.

Cons

I prefer the ever view schedule of Agorapulse, it's more dynamic and visual

The price

A good Social Media automation tool that could benefit from some enhancements

Great customer service format, and support tools. I appreciate the type of service they want to provide, but could benefit from a few improvements to make it a truly comprehensive social media automation tool.

Pros

Meet Edgar schedules, shares, and recycles posts. While it is a useful tool to help schedule posts simultaneously, there are a number of issues that prevent this from being a reality (sometimes need to schedule on Facebook separately from LinkedIn, Twitter).

Cons

There is no feature that allows you to monitor comments, and other forms of engagements from within the app. This is a critical feature that would be useful in a more advanced community management mindset.

Reasons for choosing edgar

Ability to refurbish content on auto-pilot.

One of the best SoMe platforms out there

Pros

I'll start by saying I no longer use this platform but will never stop recommending it. It's 100% one of the best social tools I've ever used. The majority of our content is evergreen so works perfectly with a platform like Edgar. The initial set up can be daunting but once you have your library filled you're good to go with a constant flow of content (I thoroughly miss this aspect of the platform). The customer service at Edgar was awesome and I really appreciated how quickly they came out with new features to keep up with the ever-changing social media landscape.

Cons

I ultimately closed our account because I needed an easier way to run our social media accounts at events. Edgar doesn't excel at 'real-time' tweets or engagement so I decided to go elsewhere.

MeetEdgar makes social media scheduling easy

Pros

Easy setup and was able to add multiple social media accounts and updates through their calendar, which saved us a ton of time. This was great because I was able to manage all accounts and social updates from one window.

Cons

I wouldn't mind seeing a cheaper plan in place. With so many different options out there for social management, lowering the price would allow for more smaller players to start using Edgar.

Effortlessly manage your long-term social media posts

Pros

The ability to create posts quickly and easily, add images or take posts from RSS feeds and put them into content libraries is very useful. A few simple schedules set up at the beginning means you can add a post once and then forget all about it, leaving Edgar to do the work.

Cons

It can sometimes be confusing to see what's coming up or view all the schedules at once, plus the price is a little high in my opinion.

Barbara

Industry: Writing and Editing

Edgar (MeetEdgar) Review

I love Edgar and the functionality it provides to the user. It is unlike other social media software on the market. You can add a library of social media posts to the program and it will continue posting the content via the schedule. You can also decide for posts to only go out during specific timeframes. I love the program and will continue to use it as long as I can afford the monthly fee.

Pros

I love the functionality of this software. You have the ability to create categories for your social media content, schedule times for each category, add feeds from your favorite blogs, add automatic social media variations, and see history/reports. There are other benefits of using the product as well.

Cons

The least thing I like about the software is the price. It would be great for the pricing to be less per month, especially for those who are just beginning, or their business is not making much money per month.

Reasons for switching to edgar

Edgar offered more functionality - I love the idea of loading up your library and letting Meet Edgar do the work for you.

Dawn

Made my life so much easier!

I've been using Edgar for about a year now and I love that it keeps all my content in categories, so I can reuse as needed. It's very easy to set up and it saves me so much time in generating a schedule of content for me. I have not used customer support but I followed Laura prior to her creating Edgar so I feel confident that if I had any issues, her team would resolve them. I pay $49/month and feel that is reasonable for the service.

Pros

Create a schedule of categories to pull from. Generates a two-week Queue so you can see what will be posted. You can also skip content. Keep content so content can be reused at a later time. Organizes content into a library of categories.

Danielle

Edgar has been a lifesaver for us when it comes to managing our various channels and groups.

Pros

Edgar has made it possible for us to manage our twitter accounts, Facebook pages and all of our Facebook groups within one system. Having the ability to create feeds for each of these channels and pre-schedule all of our posts has saved us a ton of time, especially during peak launch windows.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to see at a glance the upcoming posts for each channel, but overall we're very satisfied.

Great software for scheduling social media posts and maintaining an archive of content.

Reduced time spent curating posts and republishing old content

Pros

I love that Edgar recycles old content. This is the main reason we started using Edgar - it freed up time we usually spent coming up with new posts each week.

Cons

Edgar is ideal for managing one company's social media, but as an agency, we found it difficult to manage multiple clients on a single account you'd essentially have to create multiple accounts, making it more costly than competitors like Buffer.

Jame

Saves me 5 hours every week

It has helped me to create more referral web traffic to my business.

Pros

It works with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. It saves me 5+ hours a week. I really like the auto variation feature.

Cons

I wish the Instagram integration was better. Other than that, I really have no complaints and really enjoy using this software.

Zack