• Pros

• "I like the fact that Meet Edgar can set the best time to publish for each different type of content that you add. "

• "I love that Edgar recycles old content. This is the main reason we started using Edgar - it freed up time we usually spent coming up with new posts each week. "

• "It's one and done! Just add your content into the right content libraries and let Edgar do the work of posting the right content to the right place at the right time!"

• Cons

• "It can be a bit tricky to see at a glance the upcoming posts for each channel, but overall we're very satisfied. "

• "Maybe more advice and guidance of when is best to post for different social networks could be beneficial"

• "Pricing could be better. It also seemed to duplicate posts at times. I wish it had a feature that would recognize duplicate posts by URL or copy."

Browse MeetEdgar Reviews

Great program, but overpriced.

Pros

Edgar is an amazing product provided by a company with a fun and progressive business culture. From their Octopus logo/mascot to their responsive customer service, the Edgar team makes doing business with them a pleasure. As for the product itself: if you want to use evergreen content on your social media accounts, Edgar is an excellent online database that will enable you to keep posting that content, over and over again. It's easy to set up, easy to use, easy to make adjustments to on the fly. Edgar will pull new content from your blog or website via RSS, making it easy to continually add fresh new material as well. If the price were more affordable for solopreneurs, I'd still be with them.

Cons

The pricing. Basically they are gearing this product to businesses that are already capitalized to the point where it makes sense to spend per month on social media management. That's great ' if you're that size. But for solopreneurs like me who have to make every dime count, it's just not good enough of a value to justify the premium price. When other solutions like Social Pilot offer very similar features at a fraction of the cost, it's hard to justify staying with the Octopus. I would strongly encourage Laura Roeder and company to come up with a tiered pricing plan so that solopreneurs, startups and even hobbyists could take advantage of Edgar (even if a "lite" version) but at a more affordable cost. Presumably, as businesses succeed, they would move into the more robust plans, so this should be a smart long-term strategy for Edgar. Anyway, I think a business just needs to carefully evaluate the value. Bottom line: great product, but is it worth it? Ultimately I decided it wasn't.

Dawn from Expert Coach Center

Made my life so much easier!

I've been using Edgar for about a year now and I love that it keeps all my content in categories, so I can reuse as needed. It's very easy to set up and it saves me so much time in generating a schedule of content for me. I have not used customer support but I followed Laura prior to her creating Edgar so I feel confident that if I had any issues, her team would resolve them. I pay $49/month and feel that is reasonable for the service.

Pros

Create a schedule of categories to pull from. Generates a two-week Queue so you can see what will be posted. You can also skip content. Keep content so content can be reused at a later time. Organizes content into a library of categories.

Cons

Unable to post to google+ at this time. Unable to drag and drop schedule categories to later time slots.

Eric from EJNterprises, Inc.

Lots of value, a few BIG drawbacks

I loved using Edgar but the main reason I got it was for the Twitter recycling. Now that Twitter started enforcing the stupid duplicate rule, the app lost a lot of value **FOR ME**. If you an create 100 different tweets for each post, then I definitely recommend using it in conjunction with the other platforms.

Pros

**25** social accounts is a huge number to be able to link! Forever recycling saves a huge amount of time and eliminates the need to reload once everything has been shared one time. Previews help you see exactly what your posts will look like. Unlimited number of daily/monthly posts and unlimited library.

Cons

Only one price point--great if you're big but horrible if you're just starting out or have a limited budget. Only 3 networks are available--IG & Pinterest have been "coming soon" for months & YT isn't being mentioned yet. Content auto generator is horrible--it literally pulls short sections from your content and can be bad for out-of-context stuff.

Danielle from Nathalie Lussier Media, Inc.

Edgar has been a lifesaver for us when it comes to managing our various channels and groups.

Pros

Edgar has made it possible for us to manage our twitter accounts, Facebook pages and all of our Facebook groups within one system. Having the ability to create feeds for each of these channels and pre-schedule all of our posts has saved us a ton of time, especially during peak launch windows.

Amel from Guépard Communications

Its' ok

Pros

Cons

I prefer the ever view schedule of Agorapulse, it's more dynamic and visual

Reasons for Choosing MeetEdgar

The price

A good Social Media automation tool that could benefit from some enhancements

Great customer service format, and support tools. I appreciate the type of service they want to provide, but could benefit from a few improvements to make it a truly comprehensive social media automation tool.

Pros

Meet Edgar schedules, shares, and recycles posts. While it is a useful tool to help schedule posts simultaneously, there are a number of issues that prevent this from being a reality (sometimes need to schedule on Facebook separately from LinkedIn, Twitter).

Cons

There is no feature that allows you to monitor comments, and other forms of engagements from within the app. This is a critical feature that would be useful in a more advanced community management mindset.

Reasons for Choosing MeetEdgar

Ability to refurbish content on auto-pilot.

Great software for scheduling social media posts and maintaining an archive of content.

Reduced time spent curating posts and republishing old content

Pros

Cons

Edgar is ideal for managing one company's social media, but as an agency, we found it difficult to manage multiple clients on a single account you'd essentially have to create multiple accounts, making it more costly than competitors like Buffer.

One of the best SoMe platforms out there

Pros

I'll start by saying I no longer use this platform but will never stop recommending it. It's 100% one of the best social tools I've ever used. The majority of our content is evergreen so works perfectly with a platform like Edgar. The initial set up can be daunting but once you have your library filled you're good to go with a constant flow of content (I thoroughly miss this aspect of the platform). The customer service at Edgar was awesome and I really appreciated how quickly they came out with new features to keep up with the ever-changing social media landscape.

Cons

I ultimately closed our account because I needed an easier way to run our social media accounts at events. Edgar doesn't excel at 'real-time' tweets or engagement so I decided to go elsewhere.

MeetEdgar makes social media scheduling easy

Pros

Easy setup and was able to add multiple social media accounts and updates through their calendar, which saved us a ton of time. This was great because I was able to manage all accounts and social updates from one window.

Cons

I wouldn't mind seeing a cheaper plan in place. With so many different options out there for social management, lowering the price would allow for more smaller players to start using Edgar.

Jame from Wake Up With Leads

Saves me 5 hours every week

It has helped me to create more referral web traffic to my business.

Pros

It works with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. It saves me 5+ hours a week. I really like the auto variation feature.

Cons

I wish the Instagram integration was better. Other than that, I really have no complaints and really enjoy using this software.

Zack from Tinkerbot Games

Saves me hours of work each week

Cons

Effortlessly manage your long-term social media posts

Pros

The ability to create posts quickly and easily, add images or take posts from RSS feeds and put them into content libraries is very useful. A few simple schedules set up at the beginning means you can add a post once and then forget all about it, leaving Edgar to do the work.

Cons

It can sometimes be confusing to see what's coming up or view all the schedules at once, plus the price is a little high in my opinion.

Nicole from Evidence Based Athlete / Strength and Scotch Podcast

Edgar has been a great addition to our business.

Efficient use of time, way more social media engagement

Pros

It's a huge timesaver- building a library of content for social media posts and being able to schedule them based on categories is awesome. The newer additions of setting times for initial posts and expiration dates is a helpful feature as well. I've seriously saved several hours a week with Meet Edgar's automation.

Cons

At the beginning, setting up your library of content is time consuming- but once you've built that library it's a big timesaver over the long term.

Handy-dandy re-scheduler

Pros

I am huge on recycling content. Afterall, it costs time and money to produce, why not leverage continuously? Edgar helps us do that by organizing posts by category and then going through and re-posting content. I love how it helps us get more out of our content investment.

Cons

Not a con for edgar, but more of a watchout for future users - Make sure you stagger your content as much as possible. You don't want to spam it and see diminishing returns too early.

Tracey from Builderscrack.co.nz

Industry: Building Materials

There is nothing I do not like about this software

I switched from hootsuite and never looked back. Saved time, saved money. Makes planning social media a pleasure again.

Pros

It has made planning social media posts a dream and being able to keep and maintain evergreen posts perfect. I love the categories, the RSS feeds and so much more. The preview mode is excellent also.

Cons

No reporting, and could be better bulk editing. Nothing else really springs to mind when I think of what I do not like about it.

Megan from Crave Your Home

Meet Edgar - Meet Efficiency!

Pros

The features make scheduling my social media sooo much easier! Meet Edgar has features I haven't found in other scheduling tools like their catalog of images and the freedom you have with creating your posts and to repeating of posts lets me post to social media multiple times while only having to put the work in once

Cons

Haven't found anything I didn't like yet.

Mandy from Achene Living LLC

Industry: Publishing

Went with a competitor

Although I contacted customer support about the issue and they fixed it the same day, I had already found a competitor that was within the same price range with a 30-day free trial without needing a credit card and the addition of competitor analytics.

Pros

The ability to schedule evergreen posts with autogenerated variations for intro text. Semi-free trial. Friendly customer service.

Cons

I had some issues with my 2-week free trial, in that they requested a credit card number and the amount I was to be charged in the future was incorrect (I had clicked through a promotional link, but the promotional price wasn't applied).

An easy way to get evergreen content scheduled and running

Helps get a regular cadence of posting when you're short on time

Pros

The interface is very simple to understand with no tutorials or extensive training in order to get started or train newcomers

Cons

Not able to tag companies or individuals in planned content makes it hard to want to use this as a native posting station

Casandra from Strong Memorial Hospital

Pros

I like that I can manage my Instagram account and my Facebook accounts under one interface. It has made it easier to search through my posts.

Cons

The pricing. I feel there should be more price options for buying this product.

Elesha from Self Employed

I use this weekly for clients

Pros

I love that I can repost within the same week which greatly cuts down on amount of writing I have to do.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about this software. I prefer it compared to its competitors that are in same price range.

Started out using this software, but have since switched to a similar platform.

Pros

Strongly appreciate the fact that this software will auto post for you vs having to manually post each time.

Cons

Some components weren't as user-friendly as I would like them to be, but overall the software functions efficiently.

Mario from Tropical Panda

Recycle your social media campaigns

Pros

It allows you to recirculate your own content and easily add new content to drive more traffic across multiple platforms.

Cons

The price is too high when compared to the number of social media profiles you are allowed to setup.

Must have software

Pros

Very Good value for the price. I love the ability to app up to 25 accounts. Great for keeping track of my accounts.

Cons

The initial account set up is very time consuming.

Good Social Media Management Option, But Pricey

The ability to create a post once and easily reuse it again in the future.

Pros

The best thing about Edgar is that your posts are saved in your post library to be reused later. Then you can re-use them again in the future, including setting up an automated schedule using categories to automate your posting from your library.

Cons

Edgar is super pricey! You can only post to Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin - no Instagram. And you cannot manage online conversations (comments, retweets) from within Edgar.

An interesting and fun social media scheduler

Pros

Easy to use, an abundance of useful features.

Cons

Not much that I’ve come across yet, except for price.

Elizabeth from Auvation

Powerful tool with great return on investment

Improved Social Media engagement

Pros

It's really easy to get started and figure out how to work it out. I like the tips and guidance that comes with an account, plus the outputs from it (social posts) are correctly formatted etc.

Cons

It's quite pricey for what it is, but worth the money if you can afford it. It can take a while to get set up, and sometimes it's hard to figure out what's coming next.

Edgar is a simple social media tool that will help you post social updates at the best times.

Pros

I liked that you were able to schedule a number of different topics per day, depending on how you set up your social media posts. With each post, the newer posts get sent to the bottom.

Rino from All Aboard Seafoods

Social media made easy

I used Edgar for a couple years and found it easy to use with multiple benefits. The only negative is we found Edgar to be falling behind with features that are already available from alternative providers.

Nivas from Freshworks

Best Social Media Scheduling Tool

Pros

Edgar is definitely the best social media scheduling tool with the ability to recycle the posts on different social media platforms.

Cons

The platform is a little buggy and keeps disconnecting from profiles. I suppose it is more to do with the platforms than Edgar.

Good for what you need

Great! Gets the job done and it's a one stop shop for all your social media channels.

Pros

Great at posting content across various social media channels. One stop shop for social media content curating.

Cons

For the price I would want more features and less limitations.

Sam from Success Recruit

Brilliant software

Just an excellent piece of software. It has helped me schedule our social media posts really efficiently.

Jennifer from Stetson

User friendly social media manager

Pros

Helps with scheduling, work with multiple platforms, great to keep consistency, can be used by multiple people

Cons

Doesn't have all of the features that all of our platforms have so I still need to use the actual platforms

Sarah from PetsGo Pet Care

Great marketing automation software, saves me so much time by recycling my content

Pros

It's easy and simple to use, well designed and aesthetically-pleasing. No "feature bloat". It saves me tons of time.

Cons

I would love the ability to tag pages in posts, emoji support in the textbox, and for Edgar to work on Instagram.

My time saving friend

Pros

It can easily handle sharing of documents, social media sharing and management

Cons

Can’t tag individuals and that is most challenging part