All Opal Reviews

Kelley

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2021

Enterprise Social Media - Workflows and Calendars

Opal employs wonderful humans. The questions on features and benefits and opportunities are far less important when dealing with wonderful humans.

PROS

We like the calendar views - it's simple, but having a highly visual and impactful UI allows our teams to quickly asses where we are over-scheduled or need more content. The approval process also lets everyone know what they are responsible for managing across disparate and remote teams. That 's been crucial during our work in the last year as we were all virtual.

CONS

Mobile parity on iOS and Android - it's a hard process for everyone to mimic functionality and features in desktop to mobile. But as we all leaned into working remotely, we all turned to our mobile devices more frequently. Driving parity is key to keeping competitive.

Kelley, thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. I love hearing that Opal helped your team pivot to remote work, making content management and approvals easier. And on behalf of the Customer Success and Product teams, thank you for the kind words about our support and UI design. I'll certainly share your compliments, along with your feedback about iOS vs Android. Thank you for being a customer! Donna Schultz Sr. Director Customer Success

Replied June 2021

Angelic

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Opal Admin/User

Overall the experience has been great. I find the platform easy to use and seamless. Gives a great overview of the projects and we move through quicker based on visibility. Flexible UI and In-context collaboration have been major problem-solvers for the team. This has helped with improving time efficiencies and confusion through the creative process. Customer service is also top-notch!

PROS

I find the simplicity of the interface very user-friendly. Esthetically pleasing! Unlike many content management systems, there are not overused steps for a simple action. Customizable workflows & tracking capabilities are extremely useful. I also like that the platform easily integrates with other popular tools.

CONS

Development of the task deadline. Although there is a deadline functionality, our teams are not reacting to it. Partially feel it's a behavior change opportunity, but maybe if the deadline flag was more robust, people would react to it.

Reason for choosing Opal

NA - Opal was the only system on the table at the time.

Reasons for switching to Opal

Jira was not a real PM system for content creation, it was for technology projects. So we had to create makeshift workflows within the system. It was not flexible for what we needed.

Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review, Angelic! It's wonderful to know your team is able to move faster, with better visibility and collaboration, because of Opal. I know I speak for everyone here when I say your kind words about our product and customer service are greatly appreciated. And I'll be certain to pass along your suggestion for due dates! Thanks for being a customer! Donna Schultz Sr. Director, Customer Success

Replied May 2021

Madelaine

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Madelaine's Review

PROS

The visuals & integrated content/copy layout are super user friendly & helpful.

CONS

Sometimes difficult to find content that needs approval in my dashboard.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Madelaine! We're excited to see that you find the content and copy layout user-friendly and helpful. Our Customer Success team would love to help you discover the ways to find approvals faster in the dashboard. Feel free to schedule a time with your CSM or reach out to support@workwithopal.com. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being an Opal customer. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Cora

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Great Editorial Calendar Tool

PROS

I've been using the Opal platform for over 2 1/2 years and really appreciate the work the Opal team provides to keep the platform up to date and make changes when requests come through. The multiple views and spaces allows for my team to keep different brands separate when needed but have a holistic view of the content going out across channels. The ability to have approval paths ensures that the proper eyes are seeing out content and making sure everytihng is perfect before it gets published. Overall, myself and my team really enjoy the day to day functionality of Opal and how it fits into our workflows.

CONS

I would say that the mobile app could still use improvements. They made great strides over the last year but I'd love to see the ability to edit content on mobile. They also made UI updates in the past month and I will say I don't like the fact that I don't have a visible notification if there are approvals waiting - I like the new layout but would prefer if there was some notice to when approvals are waiting for someone.

Hi Cora, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our product and our team. As the head of Customer Success, I'm thrilled to hear your appreciation for the changes we make based on your requests, as customer insights are crucial to our product roadmap. To that point, I'll be sure to pass along your comments on the mobile app. We'd love to help you determine the easiest way to see pending approvals using our simplified navigation. Please feel free to reach out to your CSM or Support whenever you have a few minutes to chat: support@workwithopal.com. Thank you again for your review of Opal! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Joe

Insurance, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2021

Content marketing source of truth for uniting teams and campaigns

I've used Opal since 2014 as part of two different organizations. I've seen the evolution of the software product as Opal listens to its customers as well as innovates on solutions you didn't know you needed, but are now part of everyday work in Opal. The Opal workspaces are highly configurable and flexible to meet our different businesses and teams' needs. With any new technology, a large measure of success is user adoption. Opal has a great variety of onboarding and ongoing training materials with 101 tips for specific user tasks, in addition to a learning center. It's important to have executive support and set early expectations on how Opal will be integrated into everyday work. It’s also helpful to have internal Opal champions who understand their team's workflows and their pain points and then show how Opal can improve upon it with a different, efficient way of working — it doesn’t necessarily create extra work. Opal software offers a comprehensive set of features to help content marketers, and in my experience, new Opal users get the hang of it after a couple weeks of regular use.

PROS

Opal helps companies truly collaborate in a meaningful way across teams, functions and marketing communication channels and visualize the final planned content and campaigns on a timeline. You can filter to your team's specific work or expand to view the company level of content plans for visibility and better alignment/consistency. Opal's calendar is a source of truth for my team's campaigns currently in market. With chat & activity history and user workflows, teams can refine, review and approve content to create the finished product. One integration with our social media publishing software helps save time and minimize error by delivering completed and approved content into our publish queue. One of my favorite features is the ability to create shareable Opal content presentations in just a few clicks. This has saved me countless hours over the years I've been using Opal and has replaced manually creating the presentation decks. Not only do the presentations look sharp, but they update in real-time as content plans change (as they often do!). Presentations are available to non-Opal users and best of all, Opal provides insight on who has actually viewed them.

CONS

At the admin level, there aren't readily available user analytics to view at any time, but my Opal customer success rep is able to report those on a regular basis.

Thank you for this thorough and thoughtful review, Joe. It's wonderful to know Opal helps your team deliver content faster and with greater accuracy, and that our customer service meets expectations with customization, onboarding, and reporting. As the head of Customer Success at Opal, I truly appreciate this feedback about my team. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. Donna Schultz Sr. Director Customer Success

Replied July 2021

Lauren

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Opal is our one and only

Opal is a vital part of my day-to-day work. So much so, I most certainly could not do my job without it. I live in the Month calendar view, which is crucial for helping me plan content across all channels month over month. I also am incredibly grateful for our rep,[SENSITIVE CONTENT], who goes above and beyond to ensure the platform is working its hardest for us. She alone brings immense value to the product experience.

PROS

Opal is the main reason my team is able to efficiently run over a dozen individual channels across a handful of different brands for our company. It is most helpful on the strategy front, where I'm able to plan content and add all the assets and details prior to publishing. It's practically a teammate of mine, I rely on it so much!

CONS

Due to its robust capabilities, there is so much great information in Opal. However, I wish the Presentations and Insights features were easier to use. I consistently encounter issues while using them which leads me to question their integrity. Though it's frustrating in the interim, I know the Opal team takes this feedback into account in order to improve the product longterm.

Reason for choosing Opal

Nope, Opal was the one and only for us!

Lauren, thank you so much for leaving us 5 stars! First I want to thank you for the compliments to your Customer Success ManagerI've passed them along to her and up to leadership. And on behalf of the whole team here, it's so meaningful to read how Opal has revolutionized the way you work. Staying on top of outreach for multiple brands and channels is no small feat, and we love knowing our platform makes it easier for teams like yours! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. Erynn Baird Director of Customer Education

Replied August 2021

1,001-5,000 employees

Great resource!

PROS

I like that Opal is a collaborative space to draft out content and track upcoming moments. I also like that a big chunk of our approval process for social content now happens within the platform instead of multiple email threads within our organization. :)

CONS

Just a few things listed below have been challenging, but we have found ways to get past these issues and have chalked it up to that fact that no platform can be 100% perfect for everyone. - Chat functions are sometimes buggy - for example, getting an email notification from a chat mention - and clicking through to the chat can sometimes be cumbersome if you are not logged into the platform. - Presentations are sometimes hard to navigate and if you do not have an account, you cannot leave feedback within the presentation. - Multi-day campaigns can be hard to track. - Organization using the platform must enforce naming conventions for content or calendar view can look very confusing and unorganized quickly. - Tends to be a good platform for social content but has been harder to pull in other content types that are part of campaigns such as paid media, news releases, tick tocks (tracking docs that outline specific tasks and responsibilities for content and also serves as part of our approval flow for social content).

Jess

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Great and very intuitive project management tool

PROS

Opal is visually very appealing and also very to use. When I first started using Opal I did not have any training on it what so ever and had no problem at all jumping right in and “getting my hands dirty” so to speak.

CONS

I am not sure I have an answer for this one as there isn’t much that I don’t like about the software yet. My only complaint would maybe be that it would be nice to get some alerts from Opal corporation on some webinars or something that could be offered to help with training, tips, tricks, etc. on features that might be useful that some people probably don’t know about or aren’t aware of.

Thank you for the awesome review, Jess! While I wish you had a better onboarding experience, it's great to hear you were able to jump right into the platform and get to work. We always like to keep our users informed on tips, tricks, and webinars via the Opal app itself. We also have product newsletters, and monthly emails from Customer Success, so be on the lookout for continued support from us. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your input and for being an outstanding Opal user! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Paige

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Almost There

It's been good. I feel like support listens - I just wish it was more platform-truth-focused. We don't use any of the budgeting or features like that. We use stamps, stories, and the calendar.

PROS

I really enjoy the mockups that can be made. The fact that some posts look like they will when they're posted is critical to our work.

CONS

There are so many little glitches that we've just accepted and had to make workarounds. Some content types don't work properly or populate like they should look like on the actual platform.

Hi Paige, Thank you for taking the time to share your experienceit is truly important to us. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback, and I encourage you to reach out directly to Support (support@workwithopal.com) when you encounter a recurring issue. We strive to continuously improve Opal, and user input is crucial to that mission. Thanks for the opportunity to support you, and for being a customer. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Nikki

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Nikki Mikolon Opal Review

PROS

I like that it's a very intuitive platform that makes it easy for all users to see the content laid out and also distribute to others outside the platform.

CONS

I dislike that everything is based around one timeline. If this is to be used as a complete SMM and creative routing platform, it would be nice to have content shared w/o assigning a date or time right away.

Hi Nikki, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I know I speak for the whole company when I say how happy we are that Opal is bringing such visibility to your team. I'm very excited to share that the opportunity for planning in Opal without dates is being pursued! Be on the lookout for future updates that remove the requirement of date assignments. Thank you again for sharing this thoughtful feedback, and for being an Opal customer! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Divyraj

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great collaboration tool

PROS

One of the best collaboration and task management tool. I think the file sharing functionality is best among all other features.

CONS

The customer support is very slow and they can add more integrations to the software.

Thanks so much for your review, Divyraj! I'm delighted that you're finding Opal so helpful for collaboration and task management. Our support team typically responds in less than 30 minutes during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time), so I'd love to hear more about your experience and where we fell short of expectations. I'm also happy to relay any requests for integrations to our product team as they continue evolving the platform. Thank you again for leaving your feedback, and please reach out if you have a few minutes to share more detail about your interactions with support: opalteam@workwithopal.com Erynn Baird Director of Customer Experience

Replied July 2022

Ad

Consumer Electronics, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Opal Visualizes Integrated Brand Marketing Plans

PROS

Opal helps visualize critical marketing and campaign planning data often locked up in spreadsheets and other less friendly document formats.

CONS

There’s a bit of a learning curve so important to get team wide buy-in before rolling out the software.

Thank you, Ad, for your review! We appreciate your valuable input and the validation that Opal can help visualize planning in a way spreadsheets simply cannot. We will also take into account your feedback on the learning curve and need for training during onboarding. In the meantime, if you need additional training please feel free to connect with us at support@workwithopal.com. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback and for being an Opal user! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Chirag

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Highly Recommend for Social Media and Task Management

It's great experience to use this software, effortlessly manage my social media profiles and easily work with my team.

PROS

There are lots of features to use but personally Social Media Management and Project Management i liked most.

CONS

Some of the social media sites are not available, but mostly sites are coverd which we use regularly.

Reasons for switching to Opal

Less features

Hi Chirag! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our platform. We're thrilled to read that using Opal is a great experience, and that managing your social marketing is so much easier now! Opal visualizes posts/ads for most social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. If you'd like to plan posts for channels that aren't on this list, please let us know by emailing support@workwithopal.com. I'd be happy to have the product team look into them. Thank you again for leaving us a review! Katie Pocklington Director of Customer Success

Replied July 2022

Ana

Marketing and Advertising, 10,000+ employees

Great product

PROS

Opal is a great product perfect for all your social media management needs. It makes publishing content and sending to Sprinklr easier than any other product I have used.

CONS

I would love if you could publish from Opal instead of sending it to a different program, like Sprinklr or Sprout.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Ana. It's so good to hear that Opal makes managing your social media easier. I've noted your desire for native publishing capabilities with the Product team. Thank you again for the 10/10 recommendation. We appreciate you! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Libby

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Overall, a pretty good tool

PROS

Once you get the hang of it and learn your moments from your stories, Opal is easy to use. I like the weekly view for planning and organizing social. And the ability to tag and leave comments for co-workers on specific pieces of content comes in handy.

CONS

Searching for and viewing assets is always difficult and slow. Even with a year-plus experience, it can take me a while to find the image I'm looking for.

Thank you, Libby, for your 5/5 overall quality score! We're glad to see you're benefiting from our planning platform. We will be sure to pass along your feedback on asset viewing to the team in hopes of finding a solution for you. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your input and for being an Opal user. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Rachel

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Opal is a useful tool for project collaboration and social media marketing

Overall, Opal is a very useful tool for collaborating with agencies and brands, especially in terms of navigating and tracking approvals.

PROS

I like the natural calendar layout of Opal, and the ability to break up various social media posts into different categories via stories and moments. I also like how social media posts populate in a mock-up of what the post will actually look like on the platform, vs. just showing the asset and post copy.

CONS

There are a lot of steps in building out stories, moments and shells, so it can take some time to make sure all details are in Opal.

Rachel, thank you for your feedback! It's so great to see you're using Opal to visualize your social media content through the lens of your customers. Your input is important to us, and I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

brooklynn

Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

Staple in Social Media Management

ease of collaboration across cross functional brands is unmatched for time saving / work quality.

PROS

Love the ease of collaboration for cross functional teams especially in a fully remote world, could not survive without it!

CONS

Ease of formatting to new content types (i.e. reels, tiktok, et.c)

We appreciate this remarkable review, Brooklynn! Thank you so much for sharing the value that Opal adds in the world of remote work. Thank you for your support and feedback! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Christine

Marketing and Advertising, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2022

Opal is a great tool for your brand!

PROS

Pros: easy to navigate and site is user-friendly

CONS

Cons: The green dot approval process can be difficult to apply -- I wish there was a way it can be more seamless

Thank you for the review, Christine. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helpful for the team! I'd love to hear more about sticking points in the approval process and any ideas you have for improvement. We strive to always be better, in both product and service! Please reach out whenever you have a moment: support@workwithopal.com Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Deniz