Browse Poptin Reviews

Amy from SnackNation

Really Responsive Support

The overall experience is good. I can tell they have put a lot of time into developing the product it’s also new and I’ve discovered decal glitches. That said when I reach out, they are very fast to respond and take action to quickly update the software to meet our needs. They go above and beyond what most software companies offer when it comes to customer support. I really value and appreciate that!

Pros

The templates designs are beautiful and seamless to edit.

Cons

I don’t like the billing model. I believe they should charge by “unique views” not “unique visitors”. We get over 1M visitors to your site per month yet we only use Poptin for our blog. It’s frustrating having to pay for our entire website traffic especially bc they are really pricey.

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

Optin Monster did not allow you to add custom fields. We needed picklist and hidden fields. Also there were lots of design limitations and it was hard to keep our pop ups on brand.

Attila from ingatlan.com

Great tool for increase conversions

Very good if you want to communicate with your users in your site. They have a lot of targeting options and if you want to use some advanced targeting for example with cookies or js variable you can do it.

Pros

It's very customizable and easy to use. The only limits are the creativity and you can grow your conversion. Absolutely recommended tool

Cons

In the beginning there was some error when I've created some design and it didn't save properly but it was fixed a year ago.

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

The price was much lower, but the insider is good for some other things as well

Paula from Xubio

Industry: Program Development

Poptin

Pros

Es muy fácil que alguien no-programador cree un popup, por ejemplo, en nuestro caso recién se mete un programador cuando hay que agregar properties que no están para el javascript targeting o cuando hay que mandar cosas a nuestro backend

Cons

Cuesta navegar en la documentación, en vez de mostrarte un listado de todas las características, tengo que estar navegando entre preguntas para ver si alguna de las sugeridas resuelve mi problema. Estaría muy bueno que de alguna forma se pueda poner nombre a las input, de esa forma trabajar con poptinSubmitted sería más fácil, y no usar los placeholder; por ejemplo, si en mi código nativo quiero preguntar por algo en específico, estaría bueno recorrer el json hasta encontrar el input con el nombre "edad" y tomar ese valor, en vez de recorrer el array y preguntar por el placeholder "seleccione una opción" o el nombre "input 3" (que poco me dice del contenido)

Affordable and simple popup solution

Overall loved it, even though we ended up switching to a different solution.

Pros

Really simple to use and implement, all the necessary integrations are there plus the pricing is fair.

Cons

Something that I least liked was the generic designs, it felt a bit outdated and not as good as the competitors.

Csaba from Fortimex Hungary Ltd.

Excellent service for good price

Currently we use the software for one our webshop increasing the number of visitors and conversions. Easy and user friendly dashboard for creating graphical elements. A nice advantage to get notification by e-mail regarding leads.

Pros

Easy to use, many options, understandable and user friendly surface. Prompt and helpful online assistance.

Cons

There is nothing like that. We started the use one day ago.

Described as above.

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

The other one was not enough effective and price-value ratio was not correct according to our longer experience.

Yael from Quantum Hub

Love this!

Pros

It's very easy to use, and their support is very responsive, looks great on the website and allows complete branding

Cons

Didn't find any yet. Didn't find any yet.

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

The price is cheaper, but also the software is easier to use, has all the features I need.

Ian from IMP Open

Industry: Publishing

Poptin is an easy and effective service

Pros

I initially ran a free trial with Poptin, which didn't produce very good results: almost certainly down to me rather the product. I have come back to it and subscribed, tried a different approach and results are much better. I would certainly recommend experimenting a lot to find out what works for you and your users. It is easy to use, once you have had a "play" for a few minutes. However, there are greater depths to explore as one gains experience.

Cons

There are silly annoyances like only being able to apply rounded corners to all corners of an object, when actually only two should be. This may be addressable using their custom CSS feature but I only thought of that whilst writing this!!

Russell from Pure Green Health

Email capture (free use)

Excellent! Only really good stuff so far. I look forward to the journey we will take!

Pros

TBH I am maybe not the best person to comment on any of your survey items as I have not been using your product for long and my website is still very new. So far I have enjoyed the ease of use and intend to understand all the other options your organization has. Once the site starts generating real traffic I am sure Poptin will be a part of that sucess.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. (LOL, it is a bit annoying that I have to type this extra sentence due to there having to be a limit on how few characters I can express myself in!)

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

The ratings and reviews on the Wix application page were very good.

Willie from Willie Horton

Easy to Use and Great Value for Money

Very pleased and satisfied - looking forward to Poptin being an integral and pivotal part of how I run my online business going forward.

Pros

Easy to use Excellent value for money Ability to integrate with other key software components - vital for an online business Fantastic customer support - as a new customer I asked for and received immediate help with an integration issue. The issue was resolved speedily and... it was not a Poptin issue at all but an issue with the other software provider from whom I got no help!

Cons

Right now - don't see any downsides - only just getting going though!!

Ease of use and price

Gabriel from Audience

Best pop up app

Reasonable price Easy to operate Very intuitive Excellent customer service

Pros

Increases subscriptions Increases conversions Increases awareness

Cons

The app serves me exactly for my needs I have no comments at the moment

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

Poplin provide more option and analytics

AJ from Appenue

I have used Poptin before, in its original language, but the new English version is off the hooK!

More traffic to my website.

Pros

Poptin helps you in generating more leads for your website, and helps in list building for the future. The product comes with a very good microcopy and it looks like much thought was put into it to make sure it captures the essence of the team and the overall online lead generation. Unlike Sumome that has that pesky crown if you don't pay them, Poptin only has "powered by Poptin" in very pale blackish hue; you are hardly bothered by it. The poptins themselves are either in interstitial or small banner style and I heard there were talks about mobile swipers. In general, a very good experience that has generated about 35%-42% more traffic to my website on a 3 month period.

Cons

It doesn't have the same analytics as other softwares such as Sumome or Icegram, and cannot yet help in discovering new traffic sources but it's not a deal breaker. The main trouble is that if your traffic is low (less than 500 unique views a month), it won't really help you when it comes to lead generation - something Sumome did excel back in the day. I believe that once Poptin cements itself in the big league it will be able to offer more, that's for sure.

Response from Poptin

Replied July 2017

Thanks for the profound review! Our main goal at Poptin is to help our users to increase their conversion and engagement, We're happy that we were able to help you with that mission. As far as analytics, we will take it into consideration. As you can see, currently we give full stats about visitors, views, conversions, conversion rate and so on. Thanks for the feedback!

Svetla from Indigoverge

Easy to use, efficient leadgen popup software with free version

Poptin helps collect leads for our product and visitors for our events. We can a/b test different texts and designs, customize messages depending on user location, number of clicks, etc. Popups are displayed great on both desktop and mobile and free ver works just right to figure out your best messaging. Recommend highly!

Pros

It's very easy to start using poptin and also easy to fully customize your leadgen popups. Many templates, all needed customisation options, advanced targeting options, free version is pretty much ok for a startup site. WordPress plugin works great.

Cons

Can't think of anything really, maybe control on branding location for the free ver would be nice, but even fixed as it is, doesn't bother me too much.

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

Easier to use and customize design-wise

Gleniece from Desert Rain

Industry: Writing and Editing

Make Beautiful Forms with Ease

I wanted an alternative to plain, unattractive template forms that come with websites or complicated form builders from email marketing services. Poptin filled that need.

Pros

I love Poptin's colorful, easy-to-use interface. The dashboard shows your stats for views and conversions prominently. The layout to making embedded forms and pop-ups is clear and thorough. There are detailed display rules for both desktop and mobile display. And Poptin integrates well with many email marketing providers like MailerLite, Mailchimp, Convertkit, etc. Another plus is the handy Guide tab at the bottom of the page you can bring up for answers to your "how do I do this?" needs.

Cons

I did have trouble with my finished pop-up form not displaying correctly, at first. It looked fine in the app, but when I went to my site, part of the text in my form was hidden behind the input field boxes. It took me awhile, but I figured out that the hard-to-see shadow boxed area where you type in your text needed to be aligned properly or it would overlap whatever was above or below it in the on-site display.

Caron from Isracoach

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Even for beginners

New online coaching business

Pros

Pretty easy to use and flexible. I wanted to try and do everything on one platform, mailchimp, but realised their pop-ups are very limited. I havent build websites for years but think I'll manage ok. On-lnie support also very responsive and helpful

Cons

Havent had any real issues yet. Easy to use

Much more functionality here

Much more functionality here

Stuart from Yello Studio

More than just a popup it's a Marketers Toolbox

I'm super busy running multiple PPC & SEO projects, when something comes along that I can easily manage myself via GTM then its a win. We've used Poptin a lot during Covid-19 to quickly and efficiently add messages to our clients site letting their customer know how their dealing with it. We've also got marketing popups and we've definately seen an uplift in leads using the exit intent triggers.

Pros

Easy setup, no need to involve development team. I can react quickly to client requirements, new campaigns, changes in messaging. Integrations are really good, lead forms work well and the design options give you a lot of possibilities.

Cons

There are some UX improvements that can be made, more templates would be useful that are pre-styled to cover more verticals.

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

Templates, the decent amount of control over when, where and how it triggers is vitally important so we can really integrate into the clients sites workflow. There's so many options and so much potential it's exciting. Your landing page was better than the rest, who were quite honestly, forgettable (hence I can't remember their names!)

A professional system for creating quality leads

The founders and the platform is beyond anything we expected! I am sure that all digital media companies will agree with me that there is a return for the amount we pay for the product and the quality service that Poptin has to offer. Beyond the professional and courteous service and the product that gives us value as a digital media company, we feel highly confident in working with the company. Every bug or malfunction is handled quickly and reasonably (up to 3 minutes). It is simply fun to receive courteous and professional service, always accompanied by a big smile.

Pros

The user interface is very convenient, improving instant conversion

Cons

There is nothing I like less about the software, it helps me a lot and I get fast service and there is a return for what I pay

Fraser from Kumulos

Loved this from day one

I use this for signups and also to help users navigate around the site and tell them about other relevant content. It works really well and it's not intrusive and just helps my web visitors.

Pros

Could not be easier to set up, it's easy to set up and can be as simple or sophisticated as you want. The support from the rep is insanely good and always really positive. I was only going to use this until I developed my own solution but now I have no intention of moving away from this solution. Cost-effective for sure, so can be used for any sized organization.

Cons

Updates keep coming so can't say anything negative at this point.

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

I had so many different trials of competitors but this won hands down. Due to cost, ease of use and support. Would always recommend this.

Sem from Bundl

Great service in general

Great tool, easy and fast use. No need for a lot of experience. Somewhat limited in design/functionality but can be fixed if you do a lot of pre-edits in stuff like photoshop.

Pros

Ease of use, customizability to an extent. A/B Testing Set up Speed Customer Support

Cons

I feel like the features are a bit contained to the bare minimum. I.E. you can't really edit the default close button but you can add an additional close button that is fully editable. Wish you could resize background image within the program instead of having to implement an image with exactly the right dimensions/ratios.

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

Zoho didn't have a great mobile responsive popup, or a way to customize mobile at all.

Frankly speaking helping me convert so many articles in to money making machine.

I am getting regular sales from Exit Intent based Popups created using Poptin. Works like a charm for me. Happy with overall performance.

Pros

I have been using Poptin since a long time now and i am using for exit intent popup on some of my money Blog posts. Conversions is awesome and best part is it never lags behind. Based on the intent it suddenly pops up and my users make a purchase more frequently with my funnel designs and obviously with Poptin popups. Literally Loved it.

Cons

Two things i found as an issue, 1 is the UI of the software is a bit old style and a little tricky for newbies and having less design. secondly, adding extra options/ features sometimes becomes complex and laggy.

Ross from YEC Media Networking

The Best Pop Up Tool By Far

We have seen a great increase in sign ups through our website and a great way to build a remarking base for business

Pros

The analytical data provided is great for better understanding how to target your users. The pop up builder is smooth and easy to use, this is important for us as we have multiple clients some which are franchise stores needing their own pop up forms so customisation is a massive pro. Great value for money. Easy tool to use and easy to budget for on projects

Cons

There is nothing we have had an issue with, as a pop up tool with added value we don't see much in the way of faults

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

Value for money and features offered by using Poptin

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

We needed a solution with value for a pop up tool that offers more than just a pop up

Liraz from LP marketing services

Great content journey solution that brings $$$

We tried several pop ups and content journey solutions. Nothing can compare Poptin, which makes you feel so relaxed by the personal touch and great performance. We managed to increase sales and conversions via Poptin right in the first campaign.

Pros

The software is easy to use, super friendly UI, the support team was always there to solve any issue and product is always supporting RTM opportunities: Black Friday deals etc.

Cons

In depth conversion pixel is missing, but in the works!

Wim from Teakea

Industry: Furniture

Perfect Solution To Get Out Conversions Up

well, first popup I setup was at a specific productpage, one of our top-selling products. but we where out of stock. so bounce-rate went up. A popup now arise with a discount-coupon for the product if they don't mind waiting a few weeks for the product. Worked perfectly!

Pros

Really easy to setup. First popup had 6 extra conversions within 48hours. And big plus is that I can use it on multiple platforms. and since where are in a transition for getting Magento 1 to Magento 2. this was the perfect way so I didn't need to implement it to the new store later on. Saved me a lot of work. Another good point, customer service, I was confused about an option/way of triggering. and within 5 minutes I got the solution and explanation how to implement it.

Cons

Nothing yet. but still working on things. have to discover how to get the data to analytics and how to use html5 stuff in it. but for now, can't see anything negative

pricing and usability.

Michał from Information Technology

Great Plugin with Outstanding Support

Great plugin with great support. Thanks to this plugin we increased the number of collected emails by 700%. The biggest advantage is support, very helpful and open for new ideas, which are implemented very fast. It feels that users have an impact on the development of the software.

Pros

It is easy to use and support is very helpful

Cons

There can be more integrations with external software, but they are adding it frequently and support is open for suggestions.

Guy from LFA Ludmila Fridman Association

I'm using POPTIN ever since its Beta. Its sucha great tool for Marketers. I just LOVE the ease of it

I can now catch the potential customer with an easy POPTIN while he is on his way out! I give him an extra profit and my converations have been increased by far ever since I started using POPTIN. I just Love it (:

Pros

I just fix a new POPTIN in minutes. For every problem I get fast reply. I love the excellent feedbacks.

Cons

As a user find this POPTIN a great success. I was working with it even before it was publicly launced. While it was at the Beta I sent all my requests for changes which was all taken care of by a team that are fully comitted to their clients. I don't think nowadays that there is any bug about this perfct tool.

Richard from Voyager Websites

Poptin is a great value

We are an agency and use it on our client websites.

Pros

The system has a wide variety of types of forms and pop-ups and produces an attractive design that works well. The system has a wide variety of types of forms and pop-ups and produces an attractive design that works well.

Cons

The dream and drop editor could be improved.....

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

Notifia was incredibly buggy and hard to use

Tal from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev

Highly recommended tool

Pros

I loved how easy it is to create a pop-up, and play with the different elements, until I get it just right. The service is great, in case there is any kind of problem they guide you through it. Lastly- the results- hands down probably our most effective conversion tool. before working with Poptin we worked with a competitor, and I have no doubt we made a serious upgrade.

Cons

Since I worked with other products in the past, I feel like everything here is an improvement, so I have no complaints.

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

We weren't happy with the look and feel, the performance and the reporting of the other system, as well as their synchronizing abilities.

Michael from Michael Lamb Online Services

Industry: Performing Arts

A Game Changer!

Converting Popups to help acquire new customers and build our email list. Also, Customer Support cares about their customer experience. They have always been very quick to reply when I first signed up and asked a few questions! A+. We actually wrote a review because we like it so much! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Super easy to set up and add to our websites. We love the designs and the ease of use. May colorful bright options!

Cons

Honestly nothing. We tried it for free first and haven't turned back!

Chris from Graduate Communications

Love Poptin!

All of my dealings with the software and their team have been excellent.

Pros

The best feature for our use is the ability to trigger popups using specific URLs. Our client websites got a LOT of traffic and we only want the popup to show for paid traffic. Poptin makes this possible, and quite easy.

Cons

I have yet to run into any issues using the Poptin software.

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

Managing popups ONLY to paid traffic. That was the biggest requirement.

Greg from Sleepworks

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Awesome Product

Drives sales and very good at communicating with customer. Follow up and alerts are great!

Pros

Ease of making new creative and tracking. Also has many different styles to choose from.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative that I can speak of. Easy to use and many alternative choices built in.

Matt from Logistics

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great Extension - Generates Lots of Leads

Excellent so far!

Pros

Easy to split test designs, easy to use and highly effective at generating many leads each week which would have otherwise bounced off our website.

Cons

Haven't found one yet, honestly.. Would be good if we could add some rich media to the artwork, html5

Liav from AlphaNetX

Great product!

Pros

easy to design, great support, great functions

Cons

more templates to use for popups + some effects

Pierre from Stdigmatix SRL

Perfect for my needs, I built a huge list thanks to Poptin

Support is highly responsive, I love that.

Pros

Very easy to use and implement. I now build my list and get more than 2000 subscribers each month.

Cons

It is not cheap but worth it. 5 domains on pro plan is not a lot but you can negociate a bit :p

Emilia from Wisemont Language Services

Amazing value for money, advanced features and yet super-easy to use!

Fab tool. Great customer support. I'm raving about it.

Pros

A colleague of mine recommended Poptin to me (we use it in their startup) and I have been recommending Poptin to all the startups I work with ever since. It has advanced analytics and features, and yet it's super-easy to use and reliable. The popups and forms are 100% customizable, and there are easy autoresponders and LPs too!

Cons

The only downside is that there are some minor glitches in the visual editor sometimes, but the rest more than makes up for it.

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

It was partly a coincidence, but I am just so happy with the functionality of poptin I didn't look further really.

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

I discovered Poptin through a friend and simply made the jump.

Vishal from Vista Rooms

Great product, prompt customer service

It has been very good the team is very prompt

Pros

The primary reason to go ahead with Poptin was the timer pop up which was not present in the earlier software that we were using for pop ups. The team was gracious to lend a free trial of their premium product on request. Thank for all the help

Cons

The process of making the pop up is not that user friendly for an example, while dragging an element i need to select the small cross box to move rather than moving the element just by left mouse click press and dragging

the timer pop up

Gilad from Hometalk

Industry: Publishing

Amazing tool for marketing

Great tool, amazing support, and fair prices.

Pros

Endless templates with high customizing abilities.

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment - I really love Poptin

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

The tool I used was not flexible enough

Shachar from Digital express marketing

A must tool for every marketer

Amazing tool I really like it and I use it a lot on my clients sites

Pros

Easy to use and integrate with all the platforms I use to build sitrs

Cons

More designs and templates would be really helpful for non designers

Or from Ortal Digital

Best pop-up tool I ever use

Ease of use, comapring to other solutions, and affordable price.

Pros

I like the fact that it's an easy setup - in 5 minute you can have a great pop-up at you website with little to no hustle. It integrates easily to a variety of 3rd party systems and has a lot of trigger options.

Cons

It would be great to have more design templates, which something I know their team is working on right now.

Chetan from Toolsvilla

Happy Customer

Tomer is building something amazing specially for small internet businesses.

Pros

It's very easy to use & works well. The customer support is awesome.

Cons

It can have more options that can help us manage leads effectively.

Brian from HEALTHandMED.co

For not a lot of money you get a lot of names

We actually have tried a few of the different pop up software versions for our site. Half of the time they wouldn't work out correctly or would cause other problems. The native one for our Email company is very buggy and very bland. Poptin enables us to dial up the intensity to push for greater email list numbers or dial it back if we are reaching our goals so we can keep the program running. It is a very useful program.

Pros

Poptin has allowed us to expand our email marketing list quite a bit in recent months. One can dial down the intensity of the popups or increase them depending on your current goals.

Cons

The first integration failed on our importing the list so we may have had some duplicate names, but after we got it imported correctly, there has really been no hiccups at all.

Omry from Ettorney

Great job!

I love to use this service!

Pros

the UX/UI is great! the support is also great!

Cons

Nothing. i heard they are creating new version and i would love to see what is going to be.

Igor from andcards

Excellent Pop Up & Form Tool

Pros

Deep customization of pop up and form design, flexibility of form layout, support for Zapier, A/B testing, built-in autoresponder, analytics, excellent customer support. The product has all the features I need to capture information, follow up, analyze.

Cons

Some parts of the UI aren't that intuitive.

yoni from shtik media

The interface is very clean and comfortable to work

Its interface is so easy and obvious and it also provides insights into how to further improve the percentage of conversions

Pros

The variety of options for creating Popup + and the extensive control that can be done so easily and easily

Cons

The only thing that will make me leave the software only if they raise prices And besides there are no more disadvantages are just perfect

Michiel from Organimal BV

Industry: Veterinary

The best popup software out there

Pros

Great and easy to work with. Also great customer service!

Cons

on some pages it slows down the website a bit since its a third party script.

Yuri from Topanda

Love it

Very effective tool. Shows immediate results

Pros

Easy to use, great data reporting, lots of templates. Gives me the freedom to improve conversion rates without needing devs help

Cons

would love to see more integrations with 3rd party marketing tools

Reasons for Switching to Poptin

was looking for a better value for money

Albert from Scalefast

Very convenient and easy Tool

I like it very much and I would not work with other software

Pros

The easyness to create pop-ups, edit the design and edit the display rules to make them work as desired.

Cons

Like it very much, just need a bit more time to let their developers refine it on some very specific points.

Great tool with good free tier

So far I like it and would recommend it to anyone who needs to capture leads without too much hassle or expensive features.

Pros

The free tier is enough for most needs, and their affiliate branding is not intrusive. It's easy to implement with the Wordpress plugin for marketing teams that are DIY'ers

Cons

There's a learning curve for creating pretty popups, even though it has many premade templates.

Price and functionality

Ramón from Okisam

Nice features with low price

Pros

The biggest advantage is the ease of use and the support, very helpful anytime.

Cons

I had some troubles with my CRM integration but it was a setup mistake.

Tal from Klicco

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

The best popups system today, and I've tested many...

very recommended - start a free trial to see by yourself

Pros

central control smart system customer oriented - they think about your comfort new stuff every month super amazing customer service high control on popups design

Cons

it's hard to find... maybe the look of the final product is still not amazing if you don't have the time to put on it (IMHO), but they are getting there very quickly

Tzvika from Startuping.co.il

Superb service

Lead capturing and user conversion

Pros

Ease of use and the results it provides. Very easy drag and drop interface. Easy customization and usage a dashboard to setup and review your results. Finally an easy way for me to set and manage my site conversion goals capture leads.

Cons

It works fantastic but i can't wait for the WP plugin to be out already that would have made setup even more simple then it's now. But the good thing is i reached out to the team and they replied it's upcoming soon (They also had superb customer support by the way)

Uwe from Hotel An der Wasserburg

Tooles Tool

Erhöhung der Conversationrate. Weniger Buchungsabsprünge

Pros

Sehr einfache Anwendung. Läßt sich sehr einfach konfigurieren und in die Webseite implementieren. Gestaltungsmöglichkeiten sind sehr gut. Viele Anwendungsbereiche machen dieses Tool flexibel einsetzbar.

Cons

Bisher keine Nachteile gefunden. Ich glaube icgh werde auch kaum welche finden. Alles macht einen sehr durchdachten Eindruck.

Reasons for Choosing Poptin

Der Preis und der Kundenservice. Ich habe einen ausgezeichneten Kundenservice erfahren.