Rise Vision Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"With the templates and the interface, your putting slides and info together quickly to save time and effort to create great content."
  • icon"The regular new templates keeps things interesting and the costumer service has been outstanding."
  • icon"It has a lot of great templates that are easy to use to set up."
  • icon"Lack of alternative in library management and problems in the folder system."
  • icon"Clunky editor for changing beyond a slideshow, the technical aspects are all there to make it appear differently on different screens, but that intimidated some of my less technical users."
  • icon"Right now you just have to eyeball it with not guidance or you have to type in the numeric value of where you want the box on the screen which is frustrating."

Have you used Rise Vision and would like to share your experience with others?

All Rise Vision Reviews

Greg

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

February 2022

It's fine and if you can't find a better option it will definitely work

Lisa

School Announcements Made Easy

We use RiseVision in a 7-12 Public school setting on monitors that display in our common areas to post important announcements for all students and staff to see. It is used a part of the Digital Design curriculum and students help with the daily updates of announcements. It is easy to integrate with a shared Google Slide file as well as embed code from other sites.

Pros

I like the ability to quickly edit a presentation and add them to a schedule in a matter of minutes.

Cons

The thing we like the least is the limitations of design size on some of the templates.

Reasons for choosing Rise Vision

When we started using RiseVision it was free and in public education that is the best price : ) We were disappointed when RiseVision chose to no longer make their product free but were happy with an educational discount allowing us to continue to use this service without a huge learning curve to transfer to another product. We are hoping our administration will continue to fund RiseVision as we really like the new opportunities with the many templates that are now available. We just wish we had a little more editing freedom on the templates.

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for the review Lisa! I sent you an email to better understand the issue you're running into with the templates. Hopefully we can get that addressed for you in a future update :)

Bradley

A great service for businesses with multiple departments.

Pros

I like the new design. Its much easier to create presentations than its predecessor. I like the ability as a system admin to manage multiple companies and provide individual support. The move to the cloud has been effortless and the uploading is fast. The price is very reasonable especially if you have multiple departments pitching in for licenses. Setup is fast and easy depending on which configuration you choose. We have chosen to use Windows 10 on a mini PC or Computestick. I like the ability to view/ restart your media player from the browser. The new templates are very nice and can be modified to fit any situation.

Cons

One improvement I find to be helpful is the ability to copy presentations to other companies. I know they can be shared with companies that are under them, but what if the company is not "under" the companies umbrella. I think there should be a way to backup presentations to a zip file. These backups could then be uploaded and used for other companies. Also, in the older version of Risevision you had the ability to view/edit your presentation in HTML. This feature may also be available in the new version but I haven't found it yet.

Reasons for choosing Rise Vision

We have used Risevision for as long as I've been with the company. I believe we are happy with what we have. When we needed support moving from the old platform, Risevision offered the support we needed. Our current infrastructure would've needed a makeover had we switched.

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for the review Bradley :)

Replied October 2020

Great Product, Great Value, Requires some intermediate knowledge to really utilize it well.

Pros

The ability to send different signals to different displays and use different schedules at different times of day was great. It allowed us to use critical employee communication in mornings and evenings as well as visual advertising the rest of the day. Linking up with google docs and goodle calendar is very useful as well. We were able to give people access to a google sheet for them to make changes and they didn't have to learn the rise software or do any real media creation.

Cons

Designing content was less than ideal. Generally what happened is we would design content in some other media format (I would use Gimp a lot) and then set that as the background and only actually apply an Item for the information that changed, for example, I had an employee birthday screen and everything on the screen was all one image file except the list of employees who were updated via a google drive. This also was handy when other departments wanted to do some advertising/communication because I could just tell them the resolution to make the image and I only had to upload a single image instead of trying to have them create content or make me do it.

Zach

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Easy interface, effective software and helpful service

Rise Vision's software allows us to easily promote important events around campus to a wide audience. Many of the screens are in public areas with a lot of foot flow, so they act as an effective means of advertising. Not only that, but they provide us with an effective means to showcase live information as well. The interface is very user friendly and those in charge of the screens are able to update and manage the content shared very easily.

Pros

I have found the interface of the software very easy to use, while also boasting many useful features. It allows easy distribution of image, video, websites, live information and much more. It also enables users to easily customise display settings. The ability to organise playlists and select which displays they are aired on is very simple and effective.

Cons

At time I have found the integration of websites and live information does not effective translate properly and can come out distorted on the screens. Usually this is fixable, but it can be frustrating having to reconfigure the website display, and some have to be scrapped altogether.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for the review Zach!

Amy

Ease of Rise Vision

My experience with Rise Vision is one hundred percent positive! I would recommend this program to everyone and anyone!

Pros

Rise Vision is very user friendly, easy to learn and easy to manage. After the improvement to Rise Vision this past year it is even easier and faster to use. I work in a high school with multiple screens throughout the building and many people have commented on how nice it is to see all the different announcements etc. up for viewing. We have them in the main hall, counseling and the cafeteria which makes it accessible for students and staff to view. Again the program is easy to manage and very useful.

Cons

I have not had any bad experiences while using Rise Vision.

Response from Rise Vision

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback Amy! We are happy to hear that using Rise Vision has been easy for you! Joy

Replied March 2021

Patrick

Rise Vision provides exceptional digitial signage solutions

Rise Vision customer service is prompt and walks you through any issues with patience and high-end knowledge of not only their product but best practices.

Pros

Rise Vision actually listens to the feedback from their users. We have been a customer for about ten years and Rise continues to evolve their products based on the needs of the user. With a user-friendly interface and out-of-the-box templates, you can be up and running in no time. I manage 40 end users who do not have much, if any, HTML or CSS knowledge. They are able to start designing their own content after a one hour overview.

Cons

We use Raspberry Pis for our signage and some of the templates are too labor-intensive for the smaller Pis. Not a big issue as we are able to adjust with other content.

Response from Rise Vision

Thank you for the great feedback!

Travis

Useful Tool for the School Setting

Our overall experience with Rise Vision has been great. We started out with the free version which was very functional and have now moved to the paid version. We use Rise Vision for our daily announcements as well as for our concession stands menus.

Pros

The software offers a wide variety of templates for school setting activities.

Cons

When entering and editing information on the text widget window it cannot be expanded to full screen and the save and cancel buttons are unavailable if the screen is dragged too far down.

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for the feedback Travis!

Melissa

Campus Digital Signage is a breeze with RiseVision

We have 42 screens on campus that communicate various messages depending on their location. The Rise Vision platform helps us to easily and quickly upload messaging, in both static and motion graphic format. We also are able to schedule messaging when visitors are onsite, events are in progress, etc. Overall, Rise Vision helps us to ensure timely, accurate messaging to both internal and external stakeholders.

Pros

User friendly Cloud-based Lots of features Unlimited storage

Cons

The folder/storage system could be better configured to organize graphics and delete content no longer needed. While the system is understandable, it could be more streamlined.

Reasons for switching to Rise Vision

Platform was complicated, laborious, and required a full-time person. Now, we share DS responsibilities with various messaging departments with no additional employee needed.

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for the feedback Melissa!

Jackie

Rise Vision review

Our school has the display in our lobby. The kids love to come by and see their pictures and it's great to let parents know what's going on and our visitors enjoy seeing everything we put up.

Pros

I absolutely love the fact that the templates are customizable. I can make my own or use one of the provided templates. I can add photos to the templates which I love to do due to the fact that we are a school.

Cons

I actually haven't had any problem with the software. It's easy to set up and use.

Response from Rise Vision

Hi Jackie, Great to hear you are finding the software easy to use. If you ever do need any help, our support team is there for you. Thanks, Joy

Replied October 2020

Usha

User Friendly

Pros

It's user-friendly. We get a lot of visitors every day, ranging from 100 to 400, this software has helped us to verify and maintain our security. Even a layman can feed the basic details. The interface is really easy to use for a new user and it quickly recognizes the person if he has always fed his details before. Face recognition is really effective and our customers are really amazed by this. Thank you the whole team of Rise Vision

Cons

Nothing as of now. The team is proactively resolving it

Response from Rise Vision

Thank you for the review Usha!

Ömer

Quality Experience

Pros

To be able to control all screens online in one place.

Cons

Lack of alternative in library management and problems in the folder system.

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for the feedback Omer!

Vishal

Art of Advertisement

Pros

Ease of display Boasts brand image and easily readable

Cons

Hangs sometimes Automatically collapse the pictures.

Response from Rise Vision

Thank you for the review Vishal!

Jorge

The best option in the market

We've tried different solutions for digital signage but this one's the best so far. We can plan ahead and reuse our programming.

Pros

It's easy to use. It's cloud based. It's customizable. It's fast and give extra features to monitor devices.

Cons

There isn't a cheaper license where one provides their own hosting for the media.

Reasons for switching to Rise Vision

It was based on legacy technology and consumed a huge amount of PC resources to upload the media

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for the review Jorge!

Brittany

Great communication tool in waiting rooms

My overall experience has been great.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. I can control what is viewed on our TV waiting rooms from one remote location in a matter of minutes, which is the best part .

Cons

There are not a lot of options for healthcare templates. I also notice that some of the animated templates don't display smoothly and will freeze up or jump, causing us to have to reboot. Often times I create my own design, but it'd be great to use some of the more catchier ones.

Reasons for choosing Rise Vision

More modern and feasible for our needs

Response from Rise Vision

Hi Brittany, I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad you've found the software easy to learn and use. I'm sorry some of the Templates haven't been playing smoothly for you. I'll open a ticket with our support team and have someone look into that problem for you. Thanks, Shea

Samir

Pros

Something that makes RiseVision so helpful is that you can work remotely and still have everything running the way it should. You don't need to have a special device or software downloaded on the user end to make edits to presentations.

Cons

The most challenging aspect is the file upload process. It can sometimes be a little clunky but after some time you get used to how it works.

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Samir.

Dane

Great Tool

Pros

We have enjoyed the ease of knowing that everything is ready to go when we turn on Rise Vision. We can customize it from anywhere, add in photos, and share the story of our week, month, and year. Its a great way to communicate important things. Have have appreciated the ease of sharing with others and are thankful its so easy.

Cons

The sizing for our monitor has been a little bit of a challenge. We have worked through those issues but its something that we had trouble with, so that the picture would be sized appropriately.

Response from Rise Vision

Thanks for the feedback Dane!

Jessica