• Pros

• "Love how fast and focused I am when I use StoryChief. This is due to the design (no distractions) and speed (eg minimal image upload time) of the software."

• "I like that it allows me to get quality information to use for my advertising and the help in regards to SEO"

• "The user interface is very clean, simple to use but really packs a punch for functionality. The guidance for creating quality content, pushed to the right channels with optimised SEO is fantastic."

• Cons

• "The onboarding lacked a little bit of depth when I joined back in 2018. I ended up with duplicate content on my website and the StoryChief blog but the team were great and solved the issue rapidly. "

• "One of the major drawbacks of StoryChief, in my opinion, would be that you can't copy-paste any image. Other than that, I like it very much."

• "I wish it had more integrations with other content management systems. However, it is still a very useful tool for content creators and business owners."

Browse StoryChief Reviews

Fraser from Advertising ROI

Great content distribution tool

It's a great system - works really well and the results are great on each unique platform - bonus that it works well on Shopify sites too

Pros

It is a comprehensive yet easy to use content management software system

Cons

Really not much - works very well but does take some set up

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

More reliable and easier to use and set up

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

the recipes were too unreliable and kept breaking down

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Fraser! Thank you for the review.

Iain from Iain Smith Coaching Ltd

StoryChief Saved My Soul

I wanted a reliable platform to host a growing bunch of content. It looks smart, I can't mess it up, they keep improving, they're responsive. Very pleased and hope it continues.

Pros

I came to StoryChief from Wordpress. Wordpress itself isn't too much of a drag but it's all the hoo has around it that causes such time wasting admin. I love that with StoryChief I can just get on with writing the content. It's easy to add media without going round the houses. The SEO section is invaluable and SC guides you through it. The publishing option is a godsend. Off it goes to all the different SoMe areas you would want it to. The SoMe publishing is getting better all the time too with improvements all the time e.g. scheduled campaign to boost your posts.

Cons

Would like a little more flexibility for the front page of the blog e.g. have just requested the ability for a post to be pinned. But to be honest I'm not sure I ever knew how to do that myself in Wordpress. Oh, and I would like it to have a better menu bar option for linking to my main site. It would be cool if there were a few more areas of flexibility like this.

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

Got hacked, got confused, got fed up with Wordpress. StoryChief looked promising and it proves to have been the case. Very happy.

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

Too many variables within Wordpress. Storychief seemed like a one stop shop with the answers I was looking for.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied July 2020

Hi Iain, Thanks for all your great feedback! One of our goals is to offer a distraction-free editor that facilitates creativity and efficiency. We are very happy to see we contributed to that! We often improve our features and add new ones based on what our customers need, so you can expect some flexibility from us in the future :) Happy writing!

Dated, clunky, and annoying

Pros

As someone who was invited to collaborate on a document hosted on StoryChief, I can firmly say I disliked the whole experience.

Cons

Not sure if this is exclusive to users invited to collaborate on Storychief without an account, but I received emails for every single change, comment, reply, and resolved comment (easily 25+ emails each sitting) for one document. I found the overall layout dated, and for a platform that boasts so many features, it was very simple and underwhelming. The UX/UI was awful (I had to sign in so many times!) and made me want to scream at my computer. Plus, the commenting system (which was the only way I could communicate/collaborate) was very clunky and had issues every time I tried to add/edit comments.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied July 2020

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate your comments as they help us improve our tool. We will work on being able to disable notifications and will also try to update the layout to improve the user experience. About having to log in all the time: could you tell me what browser you were using and if it was on a desktop or mobile device? There shouldn't be any reason why you would need to log in frequently or have a clunky experience, so we'd love to investigate this further. You can give us more information on support@storychief.io. Thank you!

Umair from Butt IT Solutions

Complete and Professional Marketing Solution

I have a very professional and amazing experience with StoryChief, because now using this platform I really save my lot of time. I have increased my revenue with this publishing tool. My ranking in Google has been increased and now my leads also improved. I am really satisfied with StoryChief.

Pros

StoryChief is the best platform that allows you to collaborate on differetn content campaigns from beginning to the advanced level. You can publish articles to your website. Even you can also create social posts and you can analyze the performance in one place.

Cons

The features and options of this platform are really easy to understand and use. Publishing and creating both things are best in this platform without any kind of cons.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied January 2021

Hi Umair, Thanks for your enthusiasm and great feedback about StoryChief. Also thanks from the entire team, who has read and appreciated your feedback very much. We are thrilled to see that you like all our features so much and that you find it so intuitive and easy to use, it means that we succeed in what we wanted to achieve. As you probably already know, we keep adding new features and improvements as we go, so definitely stay tuned for more! Happy publishing!

Beth from Music Eternal Australia

Industry: Music

Why I love using StoryChief and Always Will

StoryChief puts all my drafts and upcoming work into one place, where I and my team can easily access it, without having to constantly, share, download, edit and save files. I love being able to see everything I have published as well as all my drafts and the easy integration to other platforms like Wordpress and Medium is very useful and time-saving.

Pros

Easy to use, clearly laid out and well organised. Both desktop and mobile formats are useful, although I like seeing all my work on the larger screen. I really enjoy the share/invite people option as my work is always better when it's collaborative. StoryChief has great tutorials and tips on using their product and their feature upgrades really impress me...like when they added the ability to post to social media platforms and assign a blog post to the social media campaign.

Cons

It would be great if Story Chief could integrate with Trello, as this is the main management program my company uses. Also, it's great to be able to add youtube and Vimeo videos, but would also be very useful to have the ability to simply upload a video into the blog post, direct from the device. Also, I use Movavi and WeVideo for editing and those videos don't seem to be supported in StoryChief either, or Instagram and Facebook videos/photos

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

StoryChief has more features, a more affordable plan and better sharing and publishing options.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied July 2020

Hi Beth, Thank you so much for all your comments! We love to read that StoryChief helps you collaborate and that you like our feature upgrades so much. We also appreciate all the suggestions you propose and agree with all of them. You'll be happy to read that now it's already possible to add videos to social posts and Facebook videos are also supported in our editor! We increase from time to time the list of supported video platforms in our editor, so who knows Movavi or WeVideo will be next! You can consult the full list here: https://app.storychief.io/dashboard/integrations. Happy writing!

Chris from Entertainment Industry

One of the best investments I have ever made

Story Chief has become an integral part of my business, facilitating the writing and publishing process for my websites. I don't think I would have crafted more than 50 stories within the last few months if it were not for Story Chief

Pros

Story Chief has increased my blogging and website development ten fold with it's ease of use, simple design and multiple integrations with social services like Facebook, Blogger, etc. I didn't know it at the time of purchase how much this software will become a part of my business processes and systems. One of the great features I like to use is the collaborators function where I can invite external people to help contribute and review my articles before I send it off from with in Story Chief to publish on multiple platforms with a click of a button. I also like the way the support team are coming up with new functions and innovations in the software to keep it up to speed with the latest trends in the space. But the one feature I love about Story Chief is it's ability to make writing simple. I have other software to help me write content for my websites, however I always come back to Story Chief because for some reason I can really focus and pump out the work when I really am under tight timelines.

Cons

With one of the features they have recently added (editing images within Story Chief) I am finding it a bit buggy. Often when I try to edit an image while writing it will freeze or blank out my whole story. Thankfully the software has an auto save function that saves everytime I stop writing (which has saved me a few times). However it is a newish feature so I'm sure they are just ironing out the kinks.

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

For the simple interface and ease of use. It is a joy to write in Story Chief, whereas other more powerful tools complicate the process unnecssarily.

Adam from Bridge Creative

The best tool for blogs and content marketing

Overall we have been super happy with StoryChief. It is hands down the best content marketing tool we've found and I've tried countless other systems. They seem to actively work on the product too and have rolled out helpful updates even since we started.

Pros

We use StoryChief almost daily and it's become a key part of our content marketing workflow. We create, manage and publish dozens of articles per month and StoryChief makes the creation and publishing of blog posts so much easier. The editor is rock solid, they have tons of integrations, the social publishing tools allowed us to cancel our Buffer subscription, and the Wordpress connection is flawless. Not only that but the analytics it kicks out are very helpful.

Cons

The only thing we've not been able to do with StoryChief is setting custom statuses or workflows around our posts. They have a couple of options but you can not configure a whole workflow with status settings.

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

GatherContent is a great product but their editor and entire system is just not set up for blogging and content marketing. Things like images, videos, and content integrations were a nightmare. And the updates they made seemed to make the product go backwards. We were with them for years and it sucked to change but it was just not getting the job done.

Joyce from Creative & Productive

Saves me hours every week

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

Wordpress was slowing me down everytime I wanted to upload an image but I was still fairly happy with with them. However, when I gave StoryChief a try on a trial basis, I noticed a huuuuge difference in my productivity.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Joyce! Thank you for the review and thanks for sticking with us for so long, we truly appreciate it! Our support team is always happy to answer to any questions you might have.

Marilyn from TranceFormations TM

StoryChief is a Real Time Saver

The main benefit has been the speed with which I can go from a blank screen to published Blog. I also love that it syndicates the content across my social media channels which also saves a lot of time.

Pros

I absolutely love StoryChief. Very easy to set up and use, and when a Blog needs updating simply log in and it also changes the version within WordPress. Although I have been a Blogger for many years StoryChief has saved me hours because I no longer need to spend time fighting with layouts, plugins, or formatting. Simply log in, type, complete the various field and boxes, and publish. If you are short on time when it comes to finding images there is an image library contained within the program.

Cons

I would like to be able to embed custom code so I can add my own forms and plugins.

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

I still have my WordPress site and Blog however I can't remember the last time I logged into WordPress even though I am adding to it regularly via StoryChief.

So far, so good

Pros

The biggest difference with other tools is for me the ambassadors list and the way you can easiliy make social posts from your blogposts.

Cons

The instagram workaround is not my favourite, hopefully the api opens up soon. We've had several problems with links and metadata not displayed in a similar way as it is shown in the preview. Customer service is usually quick to respond, but this is then only afterwards.

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

pricing combination of blogs/social posts working with multiple users ambassadors list

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied July 2020

Hi there, Thanks a lot for leaving us a review! We really appreciate it. It's great to read that the ambassadors feature helps you boost your content and that posting to social channels is much easier now than before StoryChief. We really hope being able to improve the integration with Instagram in the future and will let you know if this is the case. Hold up the hard work and happy writing!

Micheal from Market Pie

The Katana-Battle Axe of Marketing

Great service, they are always asking for feedback. Tool works as intended.

Pros

If you are producing lots of content, and you follow CEO, Story chief is one of the few ways to produce large amounts of content, at scale, with a small team, and minimal amounts of apps. WHile I have a marketing team for our business, when I needed to start my own personal brand, and I didn't want to have to go through the team, and add a lot of process/perfecting to my flow, story chief gives me a way to just post everywhere in one place, starting from the content itself.

Cons

That it's still a young company and is still building features :) I think the pricing is a little on the high side for a lot of businesses used to low price software, but I feel the time you would save at scale is priceless

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

As a startup, I jumped on the app sumo bandwagon as I didn't have a lot of money to invest in my tools. I am now using their paid plans now that the lifetime apps have run out. If I was making the decision again without the lifetime apps, I would say that having an efficient process, built around the CONTENT, and not the tools/platforms is what makes this powerful and different than other solutions. This is about getting content workflow done right, and building tools around that workflow, so you can cut down on apps, and manual labour.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Micheal! Thanks for taking the time to leave such an elaborate review, we truly appreciate it! Since this review a lot of new features came along and our pricing has changed. Take a look!

Javier from EchoUnaMano

Great tool to manage social accounts

Easey to use platform, well designed and very usefull.

Pros

It’s easy to use and have a lot of options to manage maketing and coms in your company with a single webapp! Nice work. Congrats!

Cons

I miss Instagram integration and video, gifs or “more than a single image option” in social media post manager.

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

Just to try it. I have not regrets : )

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

I like try new stuff to improve my work.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Javier! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it :) The Instagram integration and video feature will be here in a couple of weeks, stay tuned!

Dave from Grain Edit

Solid content marketing & planning tool

Very satisfied with the platform and really looking forward to their upcoming social media tool release.

Pros

Story Chief has quick become one of my favorite content planning tools. If you are producing and marketing articles on regularly basis then you need to check it out. Theres lots to love, but a few features that stick out to me are: - Its SEO guidance tool - quick get guidance on how SEO friendly your writing/article is. - The ability to launch articles to multiple channels at once without worth about duplicate content issues. - Their content calendar is very clear and easy to use. - The ability to have an approval workflow when working with a team. I’m also really excited about the upcoming social media planning tools. I ope that they will be included in the existing plans they are offering without an additional fee.

Cons

Right now the platform is lacking a task process checklist. I would love to have a systemized process checklist that my content creators would have to check off while building an article. I only know of one of their competitors that offers this feature, but I feel like its an important item to have when working with a team.

Rai from Cornell Copywriting

Google Docs & Yoast SEO had a beautiful baby named StoryChief!

StoryChief has become the go-to platform for all of our content creation for clients. We have several clients on paid accounts and they all love the convenience. It makes handing over the responsibility of managing the blog so easy that they can't help by say "Yes!" to our services.

Pros

StoryChief allows me and my team to ensure the content we're creating for our clients is 100% SEOified BEFORE we send the content to them for review. This cuts a huge chunk of time and revisions out of the process. Plus, the ability to distribute the content out with built-in data tracking is amazing! One report every week to wow the clients - I'm a happy camper. :)

Cons

There are a few quirks about the software that are a bit contrary to typical user behavior. For example, when leaving a comment, I naturally hit "Tab" and then "Return" to submit my comment – like I would on any other platform like Google Docs. There are other little glitches with the saving feature and such, but they're minor nuances that you get used to over time.

Jan from NoMoreNoise

Great platform for all things content.

But. I really do like SC. Love working with it.

Pros

I'm working for Spencer mostly. I recommended it there. Easy to integrate (HubSpot). User-friendly. Publishing is a charm. And the fact that you're working very hard to improve it all the time.

Cons

Content calendar = unwieldy. No drag and drop (If plans change, which they do, I want to be able to simply drag a post to a different place.) No list view (unless I missed it) to show the calendar in an easy-to-follow format to other people.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied July 2020

Hi Jan, Thanks for your great enthusiasm over StoryChief! We are very happy to read that StoryChief really improved your workflow. We are indeed already thinking of improving the content calendar to make it more flexible (ie. drag & drop). We might also investigate the possibility to offer a list view of all events. In case it helps, remember that you can also share your content calendar with others by clicking on the 'Sync' grey button on the right hand side. Keep up the hard work and happy writing!

Michele from PositiveHire

International Team Friendly

Pros

The ability for several people to access drafts is a HUGE plus. Being able to comment for corrections and suggestions is great. Being able to post to several platforms at once is also a time saver. Lastly, my team can do social posts from StoryChief which is a HUGE time saver for us.

Cons

If you don't have a project leader or team member who is good at process flows to set this up, it may not be a good tool for you. It's very powerful with the right person on your team. Video isn't yet available for social media posts! But it's coming soon :)

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

It was limited to social sharing. It did not have a blogging content editing and sharing.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied June 2020

Hi Michele! Thanks a lot for your review. Video is actually available as of right now. Go ahead and try it out!

Elke from Authentic Eco

Easy peasy software for content marketing and socila posting

Great tool for easy story-writing, Seo-check and posting + excellent support! Love it!

Pros

It love to working with storychief since I found it. The writing is easy, SEO checking is great, social posting functionality speeds everything up too. It saves time! And the support team is really helpful, fast and very friendly - no matter what.

Cons

I want to fit in the stories also pictures for easy Pinterest repinning. But there is no formatation - so it looks strange at my blog.... and still did not finde to setup a good looking lead-capture from mailchimp. But I hopfully will...

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

Kudani was a bit outdated - specially in social posting. - But - I must admit: the content search and content integration was great there....

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied March 2020

Hi Elke Thanks for your review! You can create a custom field in your 'summary' page to upload a picture for Pinterest format. Or you can embed a Pinterest format picture inside your story somewhere, but use a different cover image that you can upload on the 'summary' page. To create beautiful and custom forms that are linked to your Mailchimp account I'd suggest using Typeform.com and then embed these in your stories. Good luck!

Gary from 3Bug Media

Fantastic Blog Syndicating Tool

If you log then this is a must have tool. Saves you lots of time sharing your content and also gives you valuable analytics.

Pros

Allows you to create a blog post using their editior and can then syndicate your content across multiple marketing channels. Most syndication apps only let you send the post to your social media accounts, Story Chief allows you to also send to your Wordpress blog for publishing, email notifications to lists of influences you add, send to Medium, social media, and RSS feeds. They also have a cool analytics dashboard to see how people are interacting with your content across the web. I only publish blog posts via Story Chief now. If you are concerned about duplicate content, you can have it post to your blog first and then set the rest of the syndication for any date you wish.

Cons

By default, it selects it's own blog platform as the default main platform for the content, I have to swicth to my Wordpress blog each time to make sure my blog is the main platform. They should fix this but as of today have not.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Gary! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. You can however, now choose your own main publishing platform. Hope you like it!

Surabil from BIL Technologies

The Best Online Tool to Create, Optimise, Collaborate, and Distribute Your Content

Pros

The things I like, -user-friendly dashboard, -team collaboration, -SEO optimisation, -Unsplash image search integration, -Free blog -The ability to publish content to WordPress, Medium and other platforms including social media. There are many integrations and features to make your content creation a breeze. I was waiting for the Grammarly to work with StoryChief and it now does. So, overall a fantastic platform and a great development team. I will recommend StoryChief to anyone looking to create and distribute contents online.

Cons

None so far regarding the platform. The blog feature could be better, the customisation not intuitive, but hey it comes free. So no complaints.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied June 2020

Hi Surabil! Thank you for your kind review, we're glad you're enjoying it. If you have any suggestions surrounding the William blog, be sure to let us know and we'll see what we can do! :)

Phill from Storism Ltd

Incredibly powerful simplicity

I have been really impressed with how easy it is to create and publish content.

Pros

Cons

It is hard to find anything I particularly dislike; it could be useful to be able to set up templates or have recommendations, but to be honest, it just works as it is.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Phill! Thank you for the review and the feedback, we will definitely take it with us.

Shabab from Blog Writers

Industry: Writing and Editing

Most impactful software I came across as a Content Writer

I've been using StoryChief daily and it has helped me a lot in my content writing tasks. I love how it shows suggestions and marks the negative points of the write-up. I'd recommend everyone, especially the writers, to use StoryChief. It might bring some positive changes in your works and help you develop your skills faster.

Pros

The SEO and the Readability percentage meter has been the most impactful features of StoryChief for me. I can easily understand what changes shall I bring to my blogs/articles to increase its user readability by tapping on the percentage meter. It also shows the reasons and categorizes according to the error levels.

Cons

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied January 2021

Hi Shabab, Wow, thanks for the detailed feedback. We love seeing that our popular SEO & readability features marked a before and an after in your writing tasks. As for being able to copy&paste an image, we're working on making this possible in the future. Stay tuned! Happy writing!

Ankit from Double A (1991) Public Company Limited

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

StoryChief is the must have Online Content Creation tool

Love the tool - saves me a lot of time.

Pros

One click publish to all major platforms including. I LOVE StoryChief. - Blog inside my own WordPress Website - Google My Business (Game changer right here) - Facebook Page - Facebook Group - LinkedIn - and many many more integrations. I create my content in StoryChief and I publish in many with no headache. You know what's even better? If I have to edit a previously published content, I only have to edit in StoryChief and boom - StoryChief pushes the update in all the platforms. This saves me tons of time. Thank you for coming to my life. P.S.I have to mention that the team behind StoryChief is amazing and hardworking. They maintain professional communication all the time and work very hard round the clock. Keep it up.

Cons

None at the moment. The team is very proactive and are improving and finding new integration consistently.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi there Ankit, thank you so much for your positive feedback!

Nicolaas from Fonseka Innovations

Overall a great service for content production and distribution

It has been a great experience overall, I will definitely continue to use this service in the future.

Pros

The social posts feature is easy to spread posts across multiple social media with ease. The SEO and Readability feature help me write to better cater for SEO and readability.

Cons

It would be awesome if there was a feature where I can create a list of content ideas for other people in my team to view and claim to write. Kind of like a checklist.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied July 2020

Hi Nicolaas, Thanks for leaving us a review! Our SEO feature is indeed one of the most popular among our users. What you propose is indeed a great idea, we have also received the same suggestion in the past and we woud love having something like this in our platform. We aim to investigate this feature in the near future and see if we can make it happen. We'll let you know any update on this. Happy writing!

Stefano from Bottega Tifernate

The best software to do Storytelling

I use Storychief for my Storytelling and now, also my collaborators, use it. we love this software for the way to collaborate together. It is also very easy to use. I usually public my story on my blog, and in several social network.

Pros

I love the possibility to publish in one time your story in the most important social channels and also in the personal blog. I use this software for all my story and i save many many hours of work. Also the Seo and readability features are very well done and help us to write story more likely to Google.

Cons

I’d like to use this software to capture leads and i hope in a feature that can be able to segment audience.

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

Because is complete and very easy to use. I save everyday a lot of time.

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

Because Storychief is the most accuracy and complete software on the market.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Stefano! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and some feedback, we will keep you updated if we ever build a feature like that!

Hendrico from Memo Health Assistant

StoryChief.io, one of the best long form content management platforms out there.

I have been using StoryChief for about 7 months now mostly for our long-form blog/articles (www.getmemo.co.za/blog). What I love most about the platform is that it significantly helped me to cut our workflow in half. I now have a lot more free time which I can use to focus on other things. I really love everything about the platform and salute the support team, they always just a click away. One of the best content management platforms out there, if not The Best. :)

Pros

Being able to write, review, get team inputs, schedule and publish our weekly blogs to multiple channels from one place and in less than 5min. (Super cool)

Cons

I can't really say, haven't come across anything I don't like yet. :) Want to however suggest a feature if possible. If there can be a way that one can drag and drop scheduled stories on the calendar without having to go into the actual story and changing the dates. that would be awesome.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Hendrico! Thank you for the feedback. A drag and drop feature is definitely on our roadmap.

David from Peak Capital

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Very useful tool to get more reach with content

Nice product, great value for money, helpful CS when you need it

Pros

This tool allows you to immediately publish your content to multiple channels. You write the article, and then you publsh to LinkedIn, Wordpress, Twitter, Medium at a single click. Saves us a lot of time and we started publishing more since.

Cons

Tagging in the linkedin posts could be better, doesn't alwasy work

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied July 2020

Hi David, Thanks for your great review! We are very happy to read that you are saving lots of time by using StoryChief. Tagging in LikedIn is at the moment available for LinkedIn Company Pages and LinkedIn Profiles, both to company pages. Unfortunately we have some restrictions coming from LinkedIn, like for example that only pages with over 300 followers can be mentioned. This could be the reason why tagging doesn't always work. If these restrictions were to open up in the future, we would also update our connection accordingly. In that case, be sure we will let you know. Happy writing!

Erin from iARTidea

Best so far

Pros

It's easy to set up the account and post all my contents all over to my Social Media accounts and Wordpress Sites. And, the SEO score helps me to write the correct writings.

Cons

I hope StoryChief expands more adding wordpress sites. I have so many domain names and sites. Only a few of them I can add and post my contents.

Lore from BESIX Group

One tool, one click, content everywhere

Very customer-centric. Take our feedback quickly into account. Great customer-service.

Pros

That we can publish from one central place to all different kinds of channels. It's very intuitive.

Cons

It can be slow sometimes when loading all publication channels. The dashboards need some more structure.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Lore! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review :)

Hari from Zoptiks

A Writers Lassi

Fantastic product that actually saves time, energy and money! A great way to consolidate a multi platform campaign.

Pros

It’s ability to organize, manage and distribute content like no other.

Cons

The operability of guest posting and at times minor ui kinks.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Hari! Thank you for leaving us a review. Our support time is always ready to help or listen to your feedback.

Ivanska from Bee Hexa Branding LLC

I recommend this tool to all my clients. It is great to build a website blog and manage all your content on social media. We're excited to see the Social Media Posting Tool.

Pros

This tool resolves a major modern problem which is that everything nowadays has to be Searchable. Storychief provides inbound content marketers the ease of content that is great as well as searchable.

Cons

The only thing is that when this tool is used too frequently, there's a lot of stories and it gets a bit messy to find them unless you create a campaign. Also, i think the product is not promoted as well. Not everyone knows about this tool. I believe the marketing of this product could be improved.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied November 2019

Hi Ivanska, thanks a lot for your feedback! By the way, we've updated our stories management list, now you won't have any trouble finding them. See how it works here: https://storychief.io/content-management-system Best, Valeri

Shannon from Conversion Dojo

A Must Have For Content Creators Who Want To Easily Syndicate Their Content

Very positive. Saves me a bunch of time promoting my blog posts and creates a single platform where I can check out the view stats across multiple platforms to see who is reading my content.

Pros

I can syndicate my content across multiple networks, send emails to specific people and view usage data all in a single platform. Whenever I publish a new blog post on StoryChief, it automatically triggers a chain reaction that syndicated my content to dozens of places that I setup beforehand. This not only syndicates to social media, but other blogging platforms, rss feeds and email campaigns.

Cons

The default blogging platform is set to their own blog platform, I have to manually change it to Wordpress every time, they should fix this.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Shannon! Thank you for the review. You can now change the default main publishing platform to your own blog, hope you enjoy it!

Jernej from Omega Finance

Excellent Tool for publishing

Excellent, awesome, superb

Pros

The platform is very user-friendly, and the support is excellent. It makes publishing enjoyable. For both: creator and the end user. I have never had a chance to post so many different articles on so many destinations (social platforms, WP, emails). Extremely useful in practice.

Cons

It took some time to get used to all the different options you have with publishing. Now I feel like Chief of Stories :)

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi there Jernej! Thank you for leaving us a review.

Jeremy from Manor Hall International School

Excellent Product

I'm beginning to build my brand and business here. I will be a loyal user. As I learn more, I will likely lean in to using more of the paid functionality. I think this is a really good product.

Pros

- Customer service is a chat away. This was really helpful because I'm tech savvy but not web savvy. - Blog functionality is free and looks very nice. - The blogging functions are very intuitive. It's super easy to add pictures to text, hyperlink, etc.

Cons

- It needs to be more solopreneur friendly.... for example, because I don't have a LinkedIn company page, I can't use it as one of my channels. I'm not ready to be a company yet but want to build a brand. This could be an easy fix. -

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Jeremy! Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, we appreciate it. You can now also post to your personal LinkedIn profile; you don't need a company page anymore. Hope you'll enjoy this new feature!

Quentin from ProofMEDIA

Simple Software That Works

I didn't watch a single tutorial for a start. I realised pretty quickly that setting up my integrations was necessary, and from there creating a new story was just simple. You set up your channels, write your story, and hit the publish button. That's it. Super simple.

Pros

StoryChief has a simple interface for writing stories, which in my opinion is what you need. Having written your story, the next stage is to add an image and meta information that is later used where snippets are required for posting (eg. Twitter and Facebook). After that, you get to select which channels you want your story posted to, which is the Primary channel (which I usually set to a blog), and posting schedule - which is excellent because the story can go to my blog first, followed by syndication to my other channels. All very easy to do. Lastly, I get to see the stats on the number of views and reads. And I'm still only covering half of what this can do.

Cons

For one channel I noticed it does have the StoryChief branding attached as the delivery mechanism, but my guess is that's required. I'm not sure which channel it was when I last spotted it, but it's no big deal for me.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Quentin! Thanks for the review :)

A must-have for content creators

Storychief is one of my favorite softwares that I use as a content creator. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to write content at scale.

Pros

I use storychief to optimize and distribute my blog posts with ease. I love the keyword optimization tools and the ability to add writers to your article. The automated distribution allows me to promote my blogs to multiple channels instantly.

Cons

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Thank you for leaving us a review! New integrations are always coming along. Take a look at them here: storychief.apideck.com

Inge from Besox

Best content platform!

Pros

This online platform is very user-friendly and saves me a lot of time. You just need to input your content and image 1 time and it appears on different channels!

Cons

There is not really something to not like...

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

I've heard a lot of good things about the comapany. It's a young and innovating group who follows up all new Marketing trends!

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Inge! Thank you for your kind review and for using StoryChief!

Trudi from Global Sparkles

I love Story Chief

I haven't had any big issues, more user challenges than problems with the software. My website theme has had a hiccup in Safari and SC has been helpful in helping me identify what needs to be fixed so it look perfect if people view from Safari.

Pros

I was smart and invested when this was brand new. As a solo operator at the time it made content distribution so simple, effective and fast.

Cons

It doesn't post directly to the linked in feed, you have to have a page but Linked In is so funny about having third party apps accessing it I am surprised they even let SC post to page.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Trudi! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You can now also post to your personal LinkedIn profile.

Melanie from Content by Melanie

Using Story Chief Has Been a Game Changer

I maintain over a dozen different client blogs, all of which I must create at least three blogs a week for. By being able to post directly into Story Chief and then set publication not only to the site but also to all social channels and to create a newsletter for Mailchimp - all at the same time - has been a real game changer. And their customer service is stellar.

Pros

It's actually hard to know where to start. In the month I have been making use of Story Chief I've saved so much time and hassle that to point out one feature as best is hard. But in effect the fact that I save myself at least two hours a day - and for a freelancer every second is money - is probably the biggest bonus of all.

Cons

Nothing. I am, to sound corny, currently in love with this software.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Melanie, we're happy that you like using StoryChief so much, thank you for leaving a review!

Wally from Top Edmonton Real Estate

Very Pleased

StoreyCheif allows me to look good interaction with potentail clients, I feel it is a great resource and would like to utilize it more but need one on one help to do so.

Pros

Cons

Which I could learn more, not through tutorials but maybe a call?

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

A fellow that worked for me in the past integrated it into our marketing and I just love it, now I am doing a lot of this on my own and would like to learn more.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Wally! Thank you for the review. If you wish to learn more through a call you can always book a demo here: https://get.storychief.io/demo

Paulo from pauloandrade.com

An amazing tool for content marketers

Pros

StoryChief is a tool that not only does very well what it was designed to do, but it keeps growing and getting more features. Now they are expanding to social media sharing with a well-designed content calendar. The tool if evolving to be a must-have Content Marketing and Social Media tool for agencies.

Cons

The only thing I miss about the tool e not having it in my native language (Portuguese), but it's expected and it does not impair me to use it for Portuguese content.

Reasons for Switching to StoryChief

Too complex for a simple blog.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Paulo! Thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate it!

Jerry from Piedmont Counseling Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent blog posting and collaboration tool

Wondeful overall experience. Well worth the investment.

Pros

I have found StoryChief to be extremely helpful in getting my team to write blog posts. The interface is very clean and user friendly. There is a simple plug in for Wordpress and I am able to send invitations to all my team members and they do all the writing in story chief. I can edit and approve before the post is published. They never need another password to word press itself and it can also publish to many other platforms, including Medium.

Cons

I wish the featured image was not a requirement of Wordpress and that it would address this more effectively, but I think it is a requirement of Wordpress and not storychief.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied September 2020

Hi Jerry, Thanks for your great review! We are very happy to read how well the platform is working for you guys. We are in constant search of updates from Wordpress, if they were to change or improve their features, we will also update our plugin accordingly! Happy publishing!

Robyn from Polymash, Inc.

Easy and Enjoyable

It is great for bringing "old" content to life with new SEO choices and social shares with multimedia choices.

Pros

It's a very inclusive platform - close to a one-stop shop for content creators, integrating social shares over time. The developers are highly responsive and innovative.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind immediately. I have found ways to resolve issues or reached out for help.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hey Robyn! Thank you for leaving us a review.

Randy from Reimagine Golf

Social Media Beta

We are amateur writers able to produce high-quality, seo rich content for ebooks, blog posts, and now social media. Great support if you get in a jam - ours were pilot error, but they were there with quick solutions... and didn't laugh at our mistakes :)

Pros

Functionality and ease of use. Story Chief makes team collaboration and high-quality results simple and time-effective - even for amateur writers/content creators like me.

Cons

The beta rls of social media feature launched today - now SC does it all in one place for our team!

Reasons for Choosing StoryChief

High-end solution that's super simple to use. It makes even rank amateurs like us look like pros.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Randy! Thank you for the kind review!

lily from Ernst & Young

Above and Beyond Ordinary Writing Tools

Pros

At the core, Story Chief is a robust, online-based, writing tool. But it's so much more. Not only it offers a built-in SEO tool, but it also allows users to syndicate the written content to other channels like WordPress, Facebook, and Medium, to name a few.

Cons

It's still being developed, but it would be nice to be able to choose distribution channel before started writing.

Great Content Collaboration Tool

StoryChief has made it easy to create and publish content with my clients.

Pros

A few of my clients use StoryChief for content marketing purposes. Initially, I didn’t think I would use it because I already have a good content creation and distribution platform. But, within weeks, I realized that StoryChief truly is a great tool for content editing and social media management. It’s very easy to collaborate with colleagues and post to all their social channels. There’s also an editorial calendar. We’re a remote team so it’s a win-win for us.

Cons

I’ve experienced a few bugs but the issues were quickly resolved. It’s a very nice platform, especially if you blog.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Thank you for leaving us a review!

Veronica from Odontodelivery

My content assistant

an excellent and complete tool in publishing

Pros

It has everything you need to develop quality content. Once we started using these tool, publishing in our blog became easier and now we can’t stop using it.

Cons

So far I can’t find any matters in this software

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Veronica! Thanks for the review, we truly appreciate it.

Johnadeen from Freelance

I am in love with StoryChief

I wish Storychief all the best.

Pros

StoryChief listens to the suggestions of its users. The company cares about delivering the best service to their customers.

Cons

I like everything about StoryChief. It has helped me become a better freelance writer.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied April 2020

Hi Johnadeen! Thank you so much for your kind review.

Roni from inlat - Scale up as a Service

I highly recommend StoryChief!

Pros

One stop shop for all publication needs. Once integrated and with relevant channels added, it allows to post article and social media posts in one click ensuring SEO and readability and providing metrics once published.

Cons

I published today my first article. So far, no further comments.

Response from StoryChief NV

Replied June 2020

Hi Roni! Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate it :)

Save Time, Increase Productivity

We are very pleased with Story Chief. We plan on relying on Story Chief to continue growing our news agency.

Pros

StoryChief’s user interface is fantastic and easy to navigate. The writing editor is similar to Medium’s writing editor, but it has more features than Medium’s restrictive editor. The writing editor is so simple and so well done that the reporters at a news agency I’m involved with don’t want to go back to using Wordpress’s editor again. The platform has saved us a lot of time creating stories and sharing them across a variety of social media platforms, including Google Amp and Facebook Instant Articles. We’re publishing stories a lot more frequently and expanding our reach because of Story Chief.

Cons

Story Chief doesn’t yet have an easy way to import categories and tags from Wordpress. This missing feature means our team has to manually check our website to see what tags and categories should be used. The photo gallery lacks a lightbox feature so it’s sometimes hard for our readers to view images on mobile devices.

Aakanchha from Astra Security

Love it!

Pros

It's easy to use and efficient. You can just sit back and weave your thoughts into words, StoryChief takes care of everything else for you :-)

Cons

Nothing as such. Though it would be nice if storychief allows SEO check for multiple keywords at once.